WoW expansion: Real or Fake leak?

In this thread we predict how can Blizzard make new expansion worse than the previous one

-More RNG within RNG loot with meaningless upgrades (Legion Mythic+ dungeons)

-obligatory 3 month grind hidden behind some long quest chain unlock (similar to Suramar)

-Jaina is not a dreadlord and she becomes Mary Sue of expansion but Sylvanas is turned into a shitty raid boss ala Garrosh MoP style.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamescom.blizzard.com/en-gb/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If Blizzard had any sense they would just open up official legacy servers and stop updating the game completely, then focus all their resources on Overshit.
Too bad they are fucking stupid and incompetent cunts and will continue to hire everquest trolls as lead designers and halfass every single product for the rest of their existence

ah what should I even care; i quit before cata anyway
also how would boots and pants work out for nagas; do they get auto-blessing of kings-lite and auto-toughness+ or something?

Tell you what mate

at first i thought it said illidan's niggas

HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR?

At this point its more of a spectator's sport of "how fucking bad can it get next"

Cool, I guess, if they're not just teleporting things or supersized mounts.
How desperate/sad can you get?

It would've unironically been better than ugly fishniggers.

oooh heres one
the stats on gear are even MORE randomized; potentially gear from tier 25 loot can be better than tier 26 loot, but usually tier 26 is better than tier 25 loot
you can also spend IRL money to instantly reroll the stats on any individual piece of gear, keeping the enchantment and gems in it
also all other means of reforging are disabled
you can also pay 50 dollars to reroll an item's stats and automatically get the highest stats on it

Oh wow another fucking garri- I mean class order ha- I mean a boat!

Also if this is even real why in the fuck is it not just "Naga" but no it's fucking "ILLIDAN'S NAGA" it's not like you play as "GALLYWIX'S GOBLINS" or anything like that.

"Illidan's Nagas" just doesn't sound right.

Holy shit i didnt think of player boats as that and knowing Blizzard its prob just mobile Class Halls/Garrisons

You'd think that WoD was the bottom of the barrel already, when by now Shitzard only says that people clock in more hours more then before, but not that more people play in general.
All that can be explained thanks to some absurd RNG in Legion that supposedly makes you grind more then in vanilla to just get a chance for a BiS item.

you don't even know

I don't think anyone really cares about WoW anymore.

Things like this make me disappointed that a war with NK would be over in about 20 seconds, because I'd love to see people like that drafted and forced to get shot at by gooks

According to a quick google, many sources have already declared this fake.

They finally give people something they might want, but long after they have salted the earth. Typical corporation, I am still not convinced this is real. I doubt blizz would put that much work into it unless the new race, and the ships are all that's there.

I'm pretty sure Naga is a plural in and of itself. Even without the myriad of articles disproving this, that's enough of a red flag for me

besides, everyone knows that the next expac is going to be Cataclysm 2: Void Lord Boogaloo

The next WoW expansion will have trannies and faggots I'm sure of it

I'm honestly amazed they haven't done that already. The whole Tyrande's Silence shitshow really opened my eyes to their idiocy, alongside the revelation that the one in charge of balance is a purple haired genderfluid furry who plays the game with a drawing tablet

Loot boxes. Oh wait, they already have those, haven't they?

The next expansion will no doubt be a waste of money.

Pretty sure it already has fags. But homos don't cut it anymore, they can't let GW2 get ahead of them in the virtue market so at least speech about trannies for sure.

They do a remake of an expansion. As in, they fuck with Outland and redo TBC.

Maybe they thought the playerbase represented fags well enough so they didn't need to add any homo NPCs. The reason I think they will the next time around is Blizzard's new strides towards (((diversity/inclusiveness))) in their work force.

The game doesn't have enough nogs, so on the new continent all human npcs will have the biggest afros the engine can handle.

If we kicked his (doubtless) titanic ass out of a plane over Pyongyang he'd do more damage than all the Uncle Blasters Kimmy's got put together.

The only true risk on a theoretical war with NK would be China, and they'll busy with India's poo nukes in a couple of weeks anyway.

How many more years do I have to wait until corecraft comes out.

It would be the perfect excuse to introduce a new anthropomorphic gorilla race

It's their egos, blizzard are incapable of ever admitting they were wrong and opening legacy servers would be an admission that everything they've done since wrath was a terrible idea.
The only way you will ever see offical legacy servers is if Activision forces them to make them and even then blizzard would probably sabotage them just to retain their fragile glass egos.
And before they stopped reporting player numbers they had less then half of what Vanilla had at it's peak, blizzard would rather the game die then ever admit they were wrong.

I mean they kinda did in WoD just that you can still go to old outlands.

Just make it like WoD with no new races or classes.
Vast majority of it taking place on a distant world, lets say Argus and because of that instead of Orcs it will be almost nothing but Draenei Eredar over and over and over.

Story wise Queen Azshara will probably be trying to do shit like summoning Sargaras all over again.
Jaina will go full crazy on Kul Tiras and that will be a raid.
You beat Sargaras and he goes
Setting up the next expansion.

Then before shutting down the servers Blizzard will finally make WoW free to play with some kind of limitation like limited character slots for new players and even old players who want to make a new character will have to pay $8 per character slot.

Then a year later they come out with their last expansion.

its pointing out to be Azshara expansion with Void Lord tentacles and Old God Nzoth

can someone give me ONE MMO that's actually good, has a shitload of content, and has a good combat system? cause i haven't found a single one.

Good MMO's don't exist. Because they all use the same shitty formula.

Isn't Legion supposed to be the end of Sargeras and the Burning Legion?
Looking at wowhead it seems that they already are on Argus and have only one raid left with Sargeras.

It used to be called City of Heroes.

I really like FFXIV but the combat system is really slow until like level 30, thankfully you can play every class for free to 35 right now so I would recommend giving it a go.

ESO is good for pvp
ff14 is good if you want to raid seriously with a static, if you don't have a static don't bother playing. Also, it's good if you like crafting and housing autism.

don't like FF all that much

Well I enjoy elder scrolls, I'm an old Morrowindfag and it's fun for me. Have fun with Phantasy star online or some Korean grindfest because it seems you gravitate towards those.

ESO PvP is prob the best in modern MMO RPGs but you do need atleast 2-3 friends to make it enjoyable to the max

i have played a shitload of mmos, even the gook ones. and i enjoyed none of them. and how can you go from morrowind to ESO? the combat is completely different

Looks the same to me

I wanted to say I've been a fan of the universe since Morrowind, which came out 15 years ago. I obviously played the sequels too. I love the lore and the setting so ESO is fun for me, even though it's a huge clusterfuck lore wise. Why do you insist on playing mmos if you don't like them?

Fake as hell.

just really wanted to point out that all of them are shit tbh

Well, kinda. But I have nothing else to play so fuck it.

I can honestly believe it, they are trying so hard to appeal to TBC nostalgia fags but none of them have any idea how to do that so they just put illidan everywhere.

I could have sworn the plural of naga is naga and not nagas, too.
Also, the video is dated July 14 and is being played through youtube.
Who the fuck would

I forgot they added that in. They're just misunderstood! In fact you're the ones that attack them first if you think about it. So give up your land to the poor Argus refugees.

Voljin is not the first character that was killed then brought back to life by Blizzard

not into warcraft but i do like nagas. heres hoping its real and so we get a lot of lewds

Russian World of Warcraft already has boats ala Spelljammer though.

Haven't played since like 2009 or maybe early 2010. Give me a rundown on just how shit it's gotten.

what

This game came back to life?

Why don't they just release vanilla,TBC,and WOTLK servers?

That would be an admission of failure.

Celestalon is one of the most pathetic human beings I ever saw.

This pic finally made me understand the candy dye craze these cunts have.
Just look at that fucking thing on the right's face. No one would ever look at a bitch this plain ugly without some extremely attention-catching hairdo

so what?

The dude's so obsessed with hair dye even his shirt is related to it

They're trannies, aren't they?

It's so fucking fake. You'll never, ever see a non-humanoid race in the game. Also Illidan's nagas makes zero sense. Unless something happened in alternate timeline Karabor.

Actually, just out of curiosity, I'd love to see his LinkedIn. What fucking qualifies that gay little muppet to make a video game?

He's probably really easy to pacify and keep from arguing a higher salary.

He was either a top raider or someone who had one of the better fansites in the old days. Either way, Blizzard hired him from the community

No, I'm not kidding

Basically, Allods was a series of Russian RTS hybrid games, and Allods Online is the MMO adaptation of the universe from those games.

I don't know, I just know it had ships that could go into space like in Spelljammer.

It's ILLIDAN'S naga because the naga civilization as a whole are probably one of the main villains of the expansion; the ones loyal to Illidan would be the only good ones

They've had three expansions of hot garbage. Only way I'm coming back is if they finally ad Ogres as playable race. Doubt that'll happen, so fuck WoW.

Blizzard is dead to me. Their audience is so fucking dumb that they nostalgically reminisce about Wrath of the Lich King.

Wrath of the Lich King.

Who the fuck cares
WoW is fucking shit and this will be too especially because it's called Pony Sea

The main consensus in the fanbase is that Wrath was the best expansion, and don't the numbers show that it was also when subs peaked?

yes it was, the game never fully recovered from the crash of cataclysm

Sure that's when the sub numbers peaked the but the content was uninspired (save Ulduar) and bland. Injecting vehicles into quests, raids no less, all kids of Activision AIDS from the merger, forced Battle.net account creation handover from old account model, diminished importance of lore, diminished quality of quest writing, diminished importance of world PvP

I could go on and on.

Firing Matt Uelmen, I forgot to add

I think you're giving blizz a little too much credit. Remember that female pandaren are just a female dwarf with a panda head

I mean I wouldn't doubt it, but still

They did the same with Ghostcrawler. He was also a top raider with the added benefit of being an actual scientist. He had no problems talking down to WoWcucks on the forums for being the pathetic faggots they are. Most WoW devs play their own game, and it's to their credit. They actually benefit from taking feedback from higher skill players.

Dungeon Finder too. Who needs to communicate and coordinate with others when you can be an autistic spaz and do dungeons in pure silence. Totally fun.

i never heard of them i will have to give them a try

Celestalon was not a top raider or had fansites, he was simply a guy someone from Blizzard knew and they proposed to Mike Morhaime to hire him as an experiment.

Ghostcrawler was not a top raider either, he was a marine biologist (the fucking cunt watches fishes swim lol) and he was hired by Blizzard on a stroke of chance because they saw him doing some shit on some other game studio and it was a choice of either him or some random guy from RTS company.

Ben Brode (pic related) was a pizza delivery guy who visited their studio often delivering pizzas and friend of his who worked at Blizzard proposed they hire him and they did without no background check or anything. If a fucking terrorist wanted to get job at Blizzard and go 9/11 in there Blizzard would prob give him a zone designer job or some shit before realising he has a bomb vest strapped to him.

TL;DR Blizzard executives/big shots are fucking retarded and they are hiring random people who never played the game before as balance/lore/quest/other important job designers.

WoW is finally adding the sailing skill? Nice.

that guy is hilarious though, hiring him was a great idea.

that faggot is on coke 24/7, only reason some people like him is because of twitch shitposting when he appears for an hour or two, imagine working with him every day and he is laughing like a retarded duck the entire time

I'm going to be called a nigger faggot for this, but I'm liking SWTOR.

Whats whit WoW now days? There are like 10 times more fake expansions leaks then any other time, and there is way less players then any other time since launch except maybe tail end of WOD. Is it just autistic wow players that want to promote their fan fiction or do every one want to be like leak guy by guessing?

It has its moments, I'll give you that. The overall experience is dreadful though

t. someone with multiple max-level characters over two accounts

Well, it's the first MMO I can say I actually got into. I tried a few years back with LOTRO, but when I realized I basically needed to actually, you know, group with other people to actually get further into the story I basically gave up. For the longest time I was scared shitless of playing online with people I didn't know, probably because I played mostly by myself when I was a kid.

The class stories in SWTOR are just interesting enough to keep me going, and the story content is easily solo-able, so I don't feel pressured like I have to play with others. All the same, I have been thinking about joining a guild to experience more the game's got to offer. I just haven't found one yet.

I will admit that is pretty nice, not to mention that you can just have a healing companion and just laugh off most damage. It was hell before the 800% experience buff though

It's most likely because they're shitters who want to be carried but don't have 100k gold to buy one

Do you play alliance or horde ?

could be the case, I know I don't have 100k and I'm not about to go back into raiding full-time with my life obligations now

Alliance Warlock

You forgot

That too. I'm sure it's a great laugh creating a "leak" that everyone believes, but you have to put some goddamn effort into it. This fake is pretty pathetic.

Oh boy I sure do love being a superhero that can only throw a normal fucking un-superpowered punch once every 8 fucking seconds. Your powers took even longer unless you invested a shitload of cooldown reduction mods into them. Meanwhile every mook mob in the game was basically the Fist of the North Fucking Star by comparison and would kick your ass unless you had backup. City of Cooldowns had the shittiest combat system imaginable.

Answered your own question there. It's up there with the people who required super-high ilvls for trivial raid content.

Speaking of,

let's play together

This is why you need a good leader that doesn't invite garbage players.
No Ragnaros/Quel'thalas or any latino server
No BR servers
an item level that is adequate
check your meters and kick underperformers after first boss.
kick on spot people who fuck up on mechanics.

Pugging is like finding golden nuggets on the river. You grab a bunch of mud, you find the proper players, then you get rid of the rest. Rince and repeat.

They should really let it die, or do the legacy servers like is saying. WoW is past the point of being worth this kind of time, money, and attention for them. They just need a small team doing consistent updates, not any big expansions every 2-3 years.

I may argue that Conan's combat was pretty bad too

okay sounds fun
my bnet is Rotty#1371

Meanwhile, BRs have yet to be even remotely relevant in world first races.

At this point, Blizzard probably makes almost as much off of expansion purchases as they do sub fees. Both WoD and Legion saw huge sub spikes at launch before the numbers tanked, so their model continues to be profitable. I do agree that legacy servers are the obvious long-term solution, though.

prob that so they can get cheap youtube views/subs

Calling it now:
STARCRAFT: UNIVERSE AT WAR

That's not Youtube, there's no "WATCH ON YOUTUBE GOYIM" button

I quit even before Legion's first content patch. How did Blizzard end up handling catch-ups for legendary items? They don't just hand them out, like candy, do they? Not that I'd be surprised if they do.

I hope California gets fucking nuked to oblivion.

It's almost exactly the same.
You can buy gear tokens with nethershards and they have a CHANCE to be that slot's legendary. Otherwise random drops

So what happened to those private servers in russia? Taken down already?

If Nagas came when I was still playing WoW I'd like them honestly, not a bad idea for playable race imo
But still

Mate, they fired Glenn Stafford, but they didnt just cut him, he was told only two wreks after he had no work to di at all tht he was "made redundant". Russell Brower was also told that he was redundant by then, but at least they spared him the limbo zone they had Stafford on. Now music is on charge of Edo Guidotti and Clint Bajakian.

Why do people still care about this shit game?

Nostalgia and the desire to waste life playing an MMO in an environment where there aren't any good MMO's anymore.

Time Investment syndrome
the game is polished, very polished, albeit casualized
The need for a blue pill MMO when there are no good MMOS

I like PSO2

PSO2 rubbed the wrong way
Its simply not PSO. It's monster hunter with a cash shop and lots of grinding. the fact that you gotta pay to respec is what triggers me the most.
I like it too but theres not enough content to fuck around, its always dailies and daily grinds.

Just watching the ongoing wreckage, brother. The fire rises.

why does anyone cling to life? they remember enjoying it

Not even mobile. They will just be an instanced zone that is a boat forever sailing on an endless sea that will act as a hub between ports or something.
No, wait, that would actually be almost cool.

If you were only using Brawl, you weren't playing right.
Also, CoH had the best MMO pet class ever.

jesus dude move on with your life

So fucking fake LOL

I'm pretty sure most people here don't.
It's just that we used to play and like this game, unitl it became unbearable trash and now we're watching and waiting for it to crash and burn with no survivors.

It's Blizzard desperately trying to recreate the community enthusiasm the game had back in ~2006. Notice how only literally who e-celebs, who do videos on nothing but Blizzard shit, are the ones making WoW videos now.

At this stage I'm convinced their continued dismissal of legacy servers is solely out of pride. They don't want to implement them because to them it would be to admit that they've been making the game worse and worse for years now. We're talking about a company so money-grubbing as to charge you for the base game and its expansions, then a subscription fee, then paid server transfers/character renames on top of that, then a fucking cash shop on top of THAT. There's no way in hell they're unaware how lucrative legacy servers would be.

I mean, Nostalrius had 150K active players at its peak (meaning players who logged at least one a week). And that was just one server for one expansion, which for the average normalfag is a lot of hassle to set up (have to torrent the game or install with disc and patch manually, have to find old addons, have to sign up on some website, etc). Plus it had the standard array of private server problems, like having all regions and all languages on the one server, the usual slew of bugs, and the feeling that it was all temporary and could disappear forever at any moment (which for Nostalrius proved to be exactly the case).

Now, imagine if Blizzard turned around and said "Official legacy servers for Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK, that are 100% identical to how they were back then, with separate servers for languages and regions, that require a regular WoW subscription fee, and that can be installed 100% legally with the Battle.Net client." You know as well as I do, and as well as Blizzard must do surely, that they would get millions of players instantly. Maybe it wouldn't reach the old peak player counts (though I honestly doubt that given that the success of Overwatch has spread the name Blizzard to a whole new generation who otherwise would never have touched their games), but it would sure as hell be a greater success than WoW is right now.

If this is true I will be reeled back in.

I reckon this is a real leak done by Blizzard themselves to generate "hype". Unfortunately for them, no-one gives a shit.

yEY

It's a miracle a subscription based MMO survives at all.

The problem is that they wouldn't be able to keep the expansion tread running.

Look at it like this:

They want money, yes, but they're probably thinking that a lengthy death is preferable to a short burst and packing their bags when it comes to profit.
Blizzard wants WoW to keep going forever.
They might also be worried about a potential backlash from current players, because they'd definitely sperg out over "legacy servers stealing people away from the current expansion."

But these are only my guesses.

It's just a matter of time until they become desperate enough to do it. They're already burning through their reserves of smash-in-case-of-low-subs features like bringing back Illidan, demon hunters, everyone getting lore important weapons, going to Argus.

It's funny that they think focusing more on ingame characters will bring people back considering that's what pushed them away in the first place.

OH SHIT WE GOT A SLIGHTLY ANGLED MONITOR SHOT IN A DARK ROOM!

How 2010.

I promise a Korean war would last years upon years, user. have hope!

also, the army/marines have some minimum physical standard. The standard is super low, but god damn, I doubt 5% of the population could manage it

Did WoW ever implement mounted combat? I quit around cataclysm.

it was done in some sorta way in 3.3.0

kinda? in nagrand you can ride around on a specific kind of wolf and fight at the same time but only in that zone.

Oh shit that's hot..

Agreed.

Would scrapping LFR and garrisons save WoW?

probably not, but it would help in the long run.

I'd call it a "Who the fuck cares" leak.

It's not like Blizzard hasn't hooked the normalfags on Overwatch by now so they can blunder along with WoW and D3 however much they feel like.

Too many people would piss and moan about it, even though it's a net detriment to the game. I remember people losing their shit when in WoD when tier pieces didn't drop in LFR, to the point where they reversed the decision come Legion.

Pretty much dead after WoD. Honestly don't mind Class Halls as much, since they fix a good chunk of what Garrisons fucked up.

I'm sure it will be even better now that blizzard is focusing on hiring more women and minorities :^)

MoP was the turning point as far as social justice bullshit goes. In Cataclysm, you had a prison rape joke and Garrosh flat-out calling Sylvanas a bitch. One expansion later, you had the Ji Firepaw controversy.

How much longer can people keep playing this? Is that the real challenge, to see how much you can take, if you can play without vomiting all over the screen you're pro or something?
It's like the videogame version of amigara fault turning vidya autist into increasingly more diluted puredrone with each iteration.

Speaking of which they still haven't killed him off despite being the main bad guy of the goblin starting zone, for some retarded reason thrall made him the king of the goblins and gave him azhara.
Cataclysm was retarded.

He jewed his place into power by making sure no one knew Gallywix was a neocon
He reached thrall first, pretended to be a good guy, got power, invested/jewed a network, became the boss of the goblins. It's supposed to be funny and humorous that goblins are jews, but the truth is that's just a band-aid for poor writing. They had different writers for different quest zones.

well the thing about that is that thrall even fights gallywix in the starting zone so he should know that he is evil Unless it was all planned by the two in advance

so what model is better then for you ?

What is the future for gondola? Has it reached its final form?

Single purchase can work just fine, look at any other genre of game prior to the microtransaction renaissance. Now here's an idea: let the players host their own servers with some degree of customization. They could even sell the software for a premium fee if they want to make excessive amounts of money.

Class Halls and Garrison are pretty much the same only difference is you can see others players in Class Halls now so it gives you a illusion of crowded place while garrisons were only for your phasing instance.

It's not about what's better it's about what sells; not as many people are as willing to pay monthly for a videogame anymore and online social play isn't the mindblowing thing it was when EQ came out. WoW only survives out of addiction and nostalgia, EVE is the only real sub based MMO still operating on content.

Meant for

single purchase doesnt work as evident with GW2 for example, infact single purchase is even worse than sub based MMO because they bank on hyping up the game and selling it and they expect it to last 2-3 months max, with sub based mmo (even if its 5$ per month) they have a pressure from players to cosntantly update and create content

Take WoW private servers for example, they cost money each month and only reason they are surviving is because of donations, big ones like Elysium/Nost are surviving because of several hardcore guilds who are dishing out 600 $ per month to them

While they're similar in terms of core mechanics, Class Halls are a much smaller feature than Garrisons were.

Basically, you have much more reason to leave your class hall than you did garrison.

The failure of GW2 wasn't financial though, the game has been and still remains profitable. You could argue that the initial preorder cash injection (which recovered the entirety of the dev budget) is the only thing that has kept it running, and that would be reasonable as it doesn't seem likely that if it didn't pay for itself before the game even released that the slants would have closed it down long ago.

What makes it a "failed" game is because of abysmal developers, both the mechanics and the story are poor and the latter got extraordinarily bad as time went on. They've driven off most of the players, but the whales continue to keep the money coming in, and since the initial costs have long since been recouped, keeping it running makes financial sense. In many ways it is a perfect game to entice whales, as the overall game aesthetics are good, and there's enough character customization to keep them buying all the new outfits in the cash shop.

maybe im imagining shit but didn't garrisons do that? I remember one guy would occasionally give me a quest to do some short quest line on an island in the middle of nowhere. Most of them were just quests to go do AP zones.

GW2 also has micro transactions which helps.

Class halls are not much smaller they are actually more needed than Garrisons because they are tied to your Artifact power grind, without Class Halls you would take 10 years to grind the artifact power without the upgrades that boost your artifact power gain.

Bottom line is if you want MMO RPG to survive past its 2-3 months lifetime you need some kind of cash flow so the devs can put those resources into updating the game and creating new content, with no income at all after the initial purchase they will have to introduce P2W elements like cash shop to survive.

You are about five years too late, it was called Rift and if was fucking should have blown wow out the water.

The cash shop doesn't necessarily have to be P2W, I haven't touched MMOs for years now, but I remember the WoW one being used only for cosmetic shit. LOTRO used to have a similar system, where you could be whole expansions, or even parts of them piecemeal, and the rest was just cosmetics. I'm fine with having dipshits subsidize my subscription through buying cosmetics. It seems like the ideal way would be run a cash shop focused on cosmetics for a steady trickle of income, and push out a full priced expansion every year or so. Large content additions get their dev costs recovered through expansion money, and the general maintenance is paid off by cosmetics.

Out of all the MMO payment models, how many have been run successfully for a long period of time? Nearly every MMO I can remember playing has self destructed within a few years, and while most of them continued to limp along, it was obvious that no one gave a shit anymore. Everquest has been running on the sub model for nearly 20 years now, and while they have a token F2P system, it's so limited that it's required to use a subscription to do anything endgame. The game is still profitable, but is obviously run by people that are just intent on milking the addicts, the content has been awful for over a decade now. WoW has been extremely successful financially, but most of that was inertia from early mass of players and the last few years have seen the numbers free fall enough that they long since stopped reporting player counts.

I don't recall that.

Fair point, even though even thay system's changing come 7.3. AK gain is becoming passive, not that really changes much.

Legion wasn't that bad. It was better than WoD at least.

When will this shit game die? WoW at its best is a poor man's diablo 2.

Miles better
We shall see if we get a year of content drought again though. I don't think so. I think it will still be like 7 months of no content, but at least it wont fucking year and a half of SOO or HFC.

No it's dead Allods team abandoned it, they instead teamed up with Obsidian and made a pretty decent action MMO.

7 months without content IS A content drought.

2nd pic

This has got to be a fucking meme by now. No one gives a fuck except butthurt Legacy players. Of which there are probably 20,000 in the entire world

It's been a meme since 2010 lad

meme since the end of WotLK (were the core was replaced by the enw type of casual)
also there is about 500k player who want legacy server

I am surprised its still going at all, youd think people would just leave after a year of no updates but apparently not.

That more people then the game has subscribers now.

Yea, no. Non-humanoid playable races would require effort for the models and equipment (how does Naga wear shoes?)
Also, I haven't payed much attention to WoW for years now, why would playable Naga be servants of Illidan? Last time I checked, he was a raid boss (black temple, tbc), did he get 'reformed' from the 'corruption' or some other bs?

IIRC trolls and taurens never wore shoes in WoW so that's not really an issue

He's THE ONE who is supposed to reascue the universe form the ultimate evil void lords
And we did wrong by killing him in BC, even when all he had to do was to simply say that he's doing shit for the greater good, but whatever.
That model is ingame, but as far as I know not used as of yet though.

You keep pushing this "It's not PSO" meme all the time, and i don't understand why you would prefer the shit combat that PSO has over PSO2.

It has less grinding then then the orignal PSO, jesus are you retarded? The orignal PSO was nothing but grinding, The only thing ever really worth doing is replaying TTF runs over and over again just to get max level.
Please, stop.

This is the only thing you've said that has some honest truth to it.

Have mercy on my sides.

LOTRO was fucking amazing for a single reason: you could make your own middle earth rock band and annoy other people when they were trying to do gay crafting shit. That was a fun summer vacation

Well to be fair he did in WC3 it's just literally everyone ignored him.

so just monster hunter then
i say this as a guy who has dumped hundreds of hours into monhun

Does anyone NOT dump hundred of hours into MH?

Right. You know what I mean. It's not as bad as before.

WoW is doing so well Blizzard wont release the inflated sub numbers anymore, LET THAT SINK IN FOR A MOMENT.

This has been a meme since world pvp was removed in vanilla.

Illidan was never a good guy or doing stuff for greater good (anti-hero), the moment you first see him he is locked for 10k years and some dumb bitch kills her own people to release him because apparently he can help them somehow. First thing he does after being set free is fall for the tricks of Scourge and consume skull of Gul'Dan kills a Dreadlord to test his new powers and start serving Kil'Jaeden.

Then you have him awakening monsters from the ocean to genocide HIS OWN PEOPLE, enter Tomb of Sargeras to steal artifact and use it as weapon that will pretty much shatter entire Azeroth (just like Nerzhul did with Draenor at end of WC2) but he will survive because he can always escape to Outland.

TL;DR Only reason some people liked him in WC3 is because he is OW THE EDGE contrarian who always tries to get into someones face and wreck things up for some bullshit reason.

Illidan: I failed in my mission to destroy the Frozen Throne better leave Azeroth where i am safe from Kil'Jaeden's wrath and go into Outland where demons reign supreme and Kil'Jaeden can appear any time he wants

lich king added the dungeon finder if i'm not mistaken, and whenever that was added that was when the community died. why look for a party and attempt to group up and actually work together when you can just sit in orgrimmar and magically teleport to the places with the best loot?

I find it frustrating that they already had a LFG tool that no-one used and all they had to do was make it more obvious and give some incentive to use it.

On the other hand, finding groups was near-impossible on low-pop servers, especially if you played a weaker spec. Try finding groups for anything on lower-pop private servers, for point of reference. It was a reasonable bandage solution with serious long-term repercussions.

Pretty sure they made it ass on purpose to implement LFG and have a perfect excuse for more server merges.

See, I never understood that.
Not to mention that when confronted, he just says "I was attempting to bolster my forces," and KJ doesn't mind at all.
You could say that killing all those demons and taking over Outland is fine because he sees them as insignificant in the greater scheme of things, but that's going into character development and writing that Blizzard is incapable of.

Also, if he was the lord of Outland, why the fuck did he not bring any demons with him to Northrend?

I had classmates in highschool who'd quote him every now and then.

I liked Kael for the first few missions he appears in because he's just some poor cunt who tried his best to keep things together and fucked up monumentally in the end anyway.
In Outland, he's retard-tier and should be shot in the head.

If it wasn't for genuinely good overall production, graphics and the map editor, WC3 would have been forgotten in a year.

Simply put, Chris Metzen is a shit writer who did things "just because" or "oh yeah illidan against arthas would be epic lets make it happen"

He's a handsome daddy and I'd let him top me tbh
not even a bottom

i never understood the last mission where Kael sends his men to die but i guess they had to make it so the defences are really hard to breach so the draenei could be used to bypass them, still its shitty writting from Blizzard.

They stopped releasing sub numbers since Gaylords of Draenor fiasco, when the subs hit a record low.

In the end, I'm not sure if Metzen was forced to retire or got out on his own.

Not that I cared about the story in WoW (not a single person who I knew did), but that's beyond lazy.

Out of curiosity, I played a custom WC3 campaign (Rise of the Blood Elves?) that was supposed to cover all the major events from the novels, and it was incredibly awful.
Maybe the actual books are better, but the overall story itself was forced and annoying.

You're probably right, but it was still poorly done.
For whatever reason, the Frozen Throne was severely behind schedule, so everything was rushed.

I hope so. I like Gondola

There is no doubt Metzen was fired and in order to save face and reputation they made it look like he is retiring, Metzen is an egomaniac and there is 0% chance he would retire at age 40 willingly. If i had to guess what was the critical point when Mike Morhaime decided to "retire" him it was prob after seeing the end results of WoD expansion + Warcraft movie flopping hard and then delayed it after Legion launched to not affect the sales with bad publicity, obvious giveaway for that is also the goodbye post written on official forums that has too much similarity from other ex-Blizzard employees where they were forced to write some bullshit how are either leaving Blizzard on their own will and go seek new homes (this shit is 100% in their contract so they dont badmouth Blizzard after they get fired)

In TBC Kael and Vashj story were actually great, only issue with Kael is that he was shoehorned into the flying ships of Naaru instead of just building New Silvermoon like they originally intended. Story of TBC would make more sense if Illidan stayed dead at end of WC3 and Kael + Vashj were still fighting demons for control of Outland.

Maybe the actual books are better, but the overall story itself was forced and annoying.

All custom campaigns that deal with WoW lore in WC3 are fucking awful because lore from novels isnt written properly and has alot of stupid shit (like Rhonin the Red)

I think they just wanted to tie up the story in a manner so the world map of WoW wouldnt have so many retcons (in vanilla Undercity still had Scourge banners and symbols meaning Scourge was a faction during development so they had Sylvanas retake capital city from Scourge for example to justify the change)

that model is a fake and is fan made.

Really?
I was sure that wowherad had it listed somewherer.
Oh well, I go into the shame corner then. but the story is still bonkers with him being spoken of as the child of light and darkness to save the universe

I want a WoW in a timeline where Warcraft 3 never happened.
Shitty anime storylines pls go and stay go.

they do but they come back when they release new shit

WOTLK was shit. It was when I quit. They reduced Arthas to a saturday cartoon villain. Constantly showing up in holo-images and other shit, foiled by you and shaking his fist, until the end. And of course fucking Dungeon Finder killing all semblence of community on servers.
Then there was the change to magicka, making it nearly limitless, so you no longer needed magicka potions for raid bosses, just stood there and spammed to your hearts content. They even made northrend look shit, instead of a nice freezing comfy frozen land. The only raid marginally fun in WOTLK was Ulduar and that was just because of the robots and foreign aesthetic.

Guys, I think the real question is, is there any hope for Felmyst being hosted in Europe?
And if not, are there and WotLK servers coming out soon that should have a high pop?

Northrend was comfy as fuck and you're an idiot for not thinking so.
Sholazar?
Borean, around the hotsprings and geysers?
Grizzly Hills?
Zul'Drak in some parts?

All ugly as fuck. They messed up doing glaciers, tundras, and snow right. It was an eyesore. I'll admit though that the worst areas were arthas areas with the liches. Such uninspired areas. You sound as if you just have bad taste.

i miss wotlk

You know, with Metzen gone, I'm not sure if things got better or worse.
Sure, he was the "grand corruptor," but at least he wasn't about inclusiveness and tolerance.

who replaced him.

I dropped off for 3 years after cataclysm.
Caught the tail end of Pandaria with my friends because we all got an email saying we got the expansion for free.
We all hit 90, purchased WoD and were all really disappointed.
Only 3 of us got legion and it was less disappointing because demon hunters and zones that aren't just revamped outland.

Xavius, the man who got corrupted 5 times over. Is there any fictional character that's been corrupted more than him?

I wonder though, could it be you who has the shit taste?

Fuck you nigger Jalapeno Cheddar is the best flavor of cheetos

I don't gondola will evolve anymore. I feel like we've reached a zenith in that it is both extremely abstract but also extremely pure at this point.

All that corruption made him the easiest raid boss on the hardest diffilculty.
iirc he was killed within the day of release.

gondola is pretty good right now

Gondola is almost like reflection of life itself. I would love to go to an art gallery of only gondola themed art rather than the modern art crap I see now.

Gondola has reached its peak, it will only venture downhill from now

The meme is truth. It's dead and only supported by people like you, donating fifteen whole dollars every month to Activision-Blizzard.

We already have Sylvanas as a Mary Sue:

Jaina is just a strawman there to make Varian and Anduin look good until she becomes another Kael'thas.

They're overcompensating for the backlash against how TBC slaughtered established characters (namely Illidindu) by turning Illidan Stormrage (a snide backstabber and magic addict) into some dark hero who men like Velen pal around.

That just shows WotLK had an enticing setting and villain (Sauron leading a zombie army). Nobody asked for time travelling Dindus.

He was a treacherous magic crackhead who didn't give a damn about his homeland.

It's weak how they made him some dark and dreary overlord when his games had him riding around hacking heads off and cracking jokes.

Source on this.

Look at TBC teaser trailer, there is 0 mention of space goats and Naaru, after Metzen fucked it all in late TBC beta he introduced space goats, Shattrah, Naaru and their retarded ships which drastically changed Netherstorm and Kael's presence in that zone.

Are you sure you've even seen the last of him? What if he gets revived and re-corrupted again to become even greater?!

Give me the fish tities!

Fishtits

actually no, most of WoW's funding comes from the cash shop you'll find.

Okay, let's take a look. Right now, there's 13 pets and 11 mounts available for sale, for $130 and $280 in total, respectively. There are some whales that purchase all of these, of course, but from what I always saw, most players don't bother, or may purchase a couple they like. Considering you can buy a mount with almost two months' subscription, I think most people consider it a waste.

I wouldn't include the tokens in your calculations, since $15 of that $20 goes towards someone else's subscription. I know a decent number of those get bought and sold, but there'd have to be three times as many purchased as regular subscriptions to equal the same effective profit, and I doubt that happens. $15 is a lot easier to earn than 150k gold; plus, considering how much the price has gone up since it was introduced, that implies demand is continuing to outpace supply.

If you're including character services, maybe. I have no idea the average number of times people change names or races or factions or services, but I can't imagine it's that high. Boosts are so expensive that I doubt anyone except whales purchases them regularly.

Unless you have anything stating definitively to the contrary, I'm gonna say that subs are still more important financially. No, the fact they don't report subscription numbers anymore doesn't count, that's only speculation fuel.

it's the whales user, same with any MMO that has cash shops.

Path of Exile for example is all 100% cosmetic shit. People willingly fork over for those $500 supporter packs. You can log into the game yourself and always see at least 5 people in any given hub with the $500 cosmetics.

this is WoW's non-sub revenue. Cash shop, character transfers, race changes etc etc

I have never heard of crossfire before, now you're telling me a CS clone is the second most popular game in the world?

It ought to be lower now.

Good to see worthy games on the list.

gamescom.blizzard.com/en-gb/

gamescom soon so we might get a official announcement

That doesn't provide a breakdown of cash shop and subscription revenues, but let's do some calculations.

That chart is from 2014, which is useful since Blizzard was still reporting subscription numbers then. During the first three quarters of 2014, subs hovered around 7.5 million pretty consistently. 7.5 million * $15 * 9 months = $1.0125 billion, far in excess of the $728 million the chart reports.

Now, to be fair, that doesn't account for sub prices in different regions, nor does it account for the Chinese system, where (I remember hearing, anyway) they counted players who paid for even a slight amount of time in a quarter as an active sub. So let's work out how many subscriptions it would require for cash shop revenues to exceed subs.

If we take that $728 million, divide by $15, divide by 9 months, and then divide by 2, the total subs required would be just under 2.7 million, meaning they would be counting almost 5 million Chinese that might not be paying for game time all through the year. I'm skeptical there.

Again, if you've got something that shows whales are outspending the rest of the subscribing playerbase, I'd like to see it. But you haven't convinced me.

There's very little about WoW planned, and the description seems to state that they're going to show off 7.3 more than anything. Not to say that it can't happen, but it looks like they're not going to drop an announcement this time around.

legion was announced at gamescom

7.3 is already on the ptr, no reason to announce something people are playing right now

ah these were charts i was looking for.

one is sub revenue, other is f2p revenue cash shop services

Yes, I'm aware Legion was announced at Gamescom, but they've already announced what's in store this year, and there's nothing about an expansion announcement. They specifically said that their reveal event will include info about 7.3, not 8.0. The only other WoW things listed are arena championships and mythic dungeon races.

And your charts tell the opposite of what you were suggesting. According to that, of the $1 billion that WoW made in 2013, $213 million was from the cash shop. A substantial percentage, but definitely not over half.

When I was playing WoW Mythic Dungeons were pretty cool albeit quite tedious.

Mythic dungeons were not that interesting, trash had more hp/damage and bosses just had additional ability that is to be avoided, you really had no proper difficulty it was all about cheesing and doing them before timer runs out so you can get bonus loot from extra chests and hope that legendary drops in one of them.

yeah, it was like a 5 xerson raid

Some Worst Moments in Warcraft Lore:

I'd pay good money to see it too

thats before the drop in subs and before most of the cash shop mounts and pets existed though

Eh, they do about one or two pets and mounts a year since 2009, so there'd be about half as many back then. And even with additional ones being added in, the older whales wouldn't be purchasing the old ones in addition to the new, so it's kind of a wash.

It's my inclination that subs still make up most of their revenues. I'm open to that not being the case if there's evidence to the contrary, but if four years ago subs outpaced cash shop sales by a factor of four, then that's a lot of ground to make up.

Let's not forget the retarded BElf civil war.

"There Must Always Be A Lich King" is beyond insulting though.
The Scourge would get stronger without someone to control them? Really?
So Arthas was holding them back and being a good boy the whole time, he didn't mean to kill his father or all those people, right?

I think the idea was that without something to control them, the Scourge would become more violent and just endlessly rampage, and having to deal with that while simultaneously dealing with the other world-ending threats Azeroth gets every year would have strained the good guys' resources too much. Thus, put someone with a pure heart in control of them and keep them in check. This doesn't explain why, with the Scourge more or less pacified, the Alliance and Horde don't send some troops up there and go on a skeleton-killing rampage. Maybe there's limits to how much he can subdue them, I dunno.

Obviously this also leaves the door open for corruption later on, but if the DK campaign in Legion is anything to go by, so far Bolvar seems to be handling things. Darker than he used to be, but not out and out villainous. The worst thing you do is raise some undead at Light's Hope and fight some paladins (technically kill some but they'll be fine probably) and failing to raise Tirion as a DK and then it turns out to just be a trick Bolvar was playing on them to show that Darion Mograine was fit to be a leader and he knew that you'd fail.

The optimist in me says they're done with the Scourge as an enemy, particularly with Metzen's corruption-boner gone. But who knows, they've done stupid things before.

That idea is retarded because previously it was shown that when there is no proper controller the undead will either just roam aimlessly or just stand in once place and do nothing.

Actually in beta you could raise Tirion as 4th Horsemen but paladin players bitched for months so they had to change it and implement some bullshit about "the Light not letting Tirion be raised" and oneshotting Darion.

You'd think the Scourge would just crumble to dust or do nothing.

And if you can destroy Frostmourne to stop the lich king, why not destroy the Helmet since it didn't always exist either, which you think would destroy the scourge.

the whole new lich king thing doesn't make any sense.

Frostmourne is just extended arm of the Lich King that also has unique ability to steal souls and in turn empower itself

Helm of Domination (Lich King helm) is where the power lies, Nerzhul's spirit is trapped inside and all Lich King's power aswell.

So just fuck up the helmet, if you can fuck up Frostmourne, then just throw the Helmet into a lava pit. The scourge should just fall over then.

Blizzard is retarded and prob wants to reuse Lich King for some future expansion like Legion

Oy vey, why did people want to see Warcraft 3's hero Arthas finally come to a close? Let's focus on some godfucking irrelevant elf instead!

I'm not saying it makes sense, just that that's what they were going for, presumably. Better to have some control over a swarm of undead than to have them attack at random, or something like that.

Honestly I forgot that Tirion was to be a DK in the beta, I generally didn't pay much attention to it. Thematically, though, it doesn't really work. I mean, the idea was that the class orders eventually work together to overcome the Legion's assault, and something like that would've created a schism between DKs and paladins that would likely never be overcome. As it stands, causing a ruckus and then leaving would cause tension, but not unbearably so. I think it was the right call to change it, no matter how hamfisted the reasoning.

How TBC handled the BEs is even weaker when you recall how it waved off how the BEs were embracing demonic magic back in TFT (with the Blood Mage being more or less a High Elf Warlock) with only Kael'thas and his crew knowing they were eating demon crystals. This was before getting them another Sunwell, leaving the Blood Elves declawed away from their TFT versions (which gets worse when you notice how brutal the Alliance High Elves are, making them more bloody than the Blood Elves).

Stop defending something pulled out of nowhere. Non-bestial and super Undead like the Death Knights and Liches can operate independently of the Lich King. The damn Forsaken broke free of the Lich King and didn't go on some great wild killing spree as opposed to planned out military campaigns. And that's ignoring both how many Undead were massacred in Wrath and how many Undead wouldn't be able to reach significant areas like Stormwind without help from commanders and casters. Lastly, Ner'zhul flat-out said destroying him would undo the Scourge back in TFT.

Also, Warcraft factions already have unbelievable resources despite going through decades of carnage. The Orcs alone are able to be the face of the Horde despite Durotar being settled by the Orcs Thrall rallied around and what that suggests for its Orc population.

WotLK dropped the ball on Arthas in case you didn't notice. He didn't act like Arthas at all. Just an ice cream Sauron.

idea that Tirion would become a DK is actually a great one because Warcraft history around Scourge shows that the most powerful servants of Lich King were the ones that were reanimated back despite being holy soldiers beforehand like Arthas, Sylvanas and many others.

Also i would like to mention that class halls in Legion atleast lorewise in grand scheme was done in good manner, you have paladin and priest class halls working together to deal with big threats while warlock class hall is just warlocks doing their own stuff in Twisting Nether and just ignoring other classes which fits warlock lore perfectly. Not to mention tension between classes even in same faction is great storywise because thats how it was in real life (bickering and fighting between soldiers of different class/social ranking)

What about the other class halls, Warriors get Odyns afterlife for Vrykul as their base, but since Varajar are a in-game faction, everyones helping the Varajar all the time, so you just feel like you are at a random faction hub. Like Stormpeaks. Then everyone decides to go beat up Odyn everyday for free stuff.

i have to admit the warrior class hall made 0 sense, why would warriors suddenly become holy vikings in Legion is beyond me and not even the old legendary warriors like Lothar or Grom are present there for some reason…

Because Odyns realm is like Sovengarde in Skyrim, only great Nord warriors go there. Other warriors go suck a dick.

Which one? I can count 6.
If you mean Illidan, I agree. Magic crackheads need to stay in prison.
Not to mention that he was just a poor character.

Also, I wouldn't call Arthas the hero of the games, because the focus was always more on the overall happenings told through different characters.
It's just that he was in the middle of it all, so he had a spotlight on him for much of WC3 and ended it all in TFT.

When you first see BEs in TFT, they're just barely scraping by by digging up some gold that they saved for a rainy day, and during their first missions they were always saved by a stroke of luck.
Never have they actually managed to succeed on their own. I really liked how they were presented then.
It's a shame how they turned out to be so generic later.

I never understand the reason for snorting demon crack in TFT since, like you said, the Alliance High Elves didn't have a problem living without a Sunwell.
Then what was the point of going into Outland in the first place?
The only reason Kael followed Illidan was to get a new source of power for everyone and get away from a poorly written "he rayciss" villain.

Forcing a story for the sake of raid bosses in an MMO was a terrible idea.
I didn't even know they did the crap mentioned.

Awful.

If you can find a Military themed MMO with buff guys, sexy women, and cute girls in it, I'm all ears.

Thats what WoW expansions were all about and when they ran out of characters to use as raid bosses they made time traveling alternate reality expansion

Some guy who claims to be a dev is claiming that the new expack will be called "Shadowfall" and will be a combination of Wrath, Pandaland, and Cataclym revamping all zones with Legion level scaling and world quest shit, and the new Garrison/Class Hall will be Racial Cities with Race Campaigns, and of course, Race War stories. plausible, but we'll see by next week as Gamescon if this is true or just bullshit.

It's kind of odd not being able to blame Blizzard for not implementing something for once, but the community being too retarded at this point to enjoy anything that isn't a theme park ride with constant handholding.

This kills RPG games. It's all the dissatisfaction of moral relativism and multiculturalism in real life foisted upon gameplay.
I know they're going to resort to this at some point and it kills me. It's the logical conclusion of the battlegrounds PvP update and the Legion zone level scaling: just make the whole fucking game scale, make a babby boar from Durotar as strong as a roided up fel orc from a dead hell-planet. It's the video game version of nihilism. Also stats/spell effects radically changing for pvp kills the identity of your character, as does the approach of giving every character some abstract resource + combo system (every class is just a rogue of some kind) and oodles of self-sufficiency/mobility/CC moves. I lost it in MoP when Paladins got a fucking sprint ability at level 15 or so (I used to have a trial account for F2P battlegrounds and seeing how badly Blizzard fucked the game). Every design decision at Blizzard aims for turning the game into a homogenous paste from the first level to max level ON PURPOSE.
That was the best part of the WoD and Legion threads. It was funny to hear the lamentation of the shills, but also depressing to realize that some of those posts where actual people who thought that grinding to max to experience the same bosses + 1 new attack for a whole year was the height of fun.

People who defend mythic raiding are the BOYHOOD TOOK TWELVE YEARS TO MAKE. of wow players.

I hate the difficulty settings.
WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO DO THE SAME SHITTY RAID OVER AND OVER ON BORING LEVELS OF DIFFICULTY TO GET TO THE BIT THAT HAS THE ONLY FUN LEFT IN THE ENTIRE GODDAMN GAME

FUCK YOU

only good concept of hard modes was in Wrath with raids like Sartharion 3D where doing a certain thing changes the entire raid boss design.

5000 hours in paint, just finished

wtf ? are they retarded ?

More RP options because the reaction from the blizzdrones on that is ecstasy because the RP servers are pretty much not motivated on doing PVP, and there's that the ERPers who want their sick cross-race degenerate stories to be played with the other faction.

literally me, i always play something i'd like to listen to instead of vidya ingame music, ofter no music at all when playing with buddy over voice chat

removing lkanguage barrier on faction would only be relevant on NON RP server because: they simply do not care about this language thing.

removing it on RP server and so called "roleplayer" praising it ?
that s totally retarded. one more reason to add to the "why there is no such thing as roleplay on WoW anymore" -list.

Playerbase is dwindling down because theme park MMO designs, from what that Genki guy says, Blizz is trying to fix the Theme park MMO crap by making all of the zones in all continents relevant and catering to the other demographics, the RPer/ERPers, still, this sounds too bullshit but blizz has done retarded things in the past like suggesting Real-ID for the forums.

The barrier was only put in because of pvp to start with. In the rts games no one had trouble talking to each over. Even in game on wow the faction npcs could talk to each over just fine. The just didn't want shit talk between factions to happen do players can't do it.

It's weird when I see old players make suggestions on what to do to "fix" WoW.

It usually involved. Okay scrap everything and… change everything around to fit my personal preference.

The development team would pretty much laugh in your face. Management would be asking you, so you want everyone to fucking leave huh?

People are used to what they are used to. If you want to "fix" WoW so its like this other game you like, then go play the other game, jesus.

Good luck actually shipping the game with something called "Race War stories" in it.

wasn t that because the character you control all learned the other faction language?

even game like Metin2 have this.

Humans trying to get back the Eastern Kingdoms and Sylvanas going Garrosh 2.0 with the Forsaken going genocide on their former kins, Cataclysm/Pandaland Electric Boogaloo, bravo Blizzard.

This other game is called vanilla WoW. And they want most things scrapped because it all makes the game objectively worse. Current WoW is a game for cash cows to spend money on the cash shop and that's exactly why there is a cash shop now.

For one the undead were all humans just a few years ago. So they would have had to both all forgot how to speak human and create a new language really quick for it to make sense.

I sometimes play with some early 2000's nu-metal playing in the background, to emulate those older gameplay videos.

fixed that for you

This is actually one of the few things I liked. When doing certain actions or avoiding certain bosses changes the big boss entirely or even side bosses due to the improved mechanics. Bonus points if it added new loot to the table as a consequence. But remaking the raid just a bit harder is just cheap padding shit, you need to be clever with making a boss harder under certain conditions. Like hitting the self destruct switch for that robots room in ulduar. The one that has the orb.

Blizzard didnt shut him down he actually did it himself because he wanted server to have 2-3k players maximum and when he saw 10k players trying to log in he freaked out and made that video with the fake Blizzard letter.

Reason for that is he was literally hosting it in his basement and didnt want to pay the extra money for so many people.

Then why not share the code and let other people host their own servers?

Because Gummy is a cunt? When he shut down Scriptcraft 1 and Scriptcraft 2 he did the same shit, he sold the character database to Valkyrie (Elysium parent company) and the core to a server named Stormrage (which he claimed was his own core but it was just edited Mango).

My guess is he is gona wait a few more weeks then sell the Felmyst core to someone like Elysium or Crogges server (part of Legacy Network with Elysium)

So he's just an attentionwhore? There's really no reason not to just sell the code without all this stupid shit.

He will not make the code public but he will sell it to other private servers, imo making the code public would help the TBC private server scene alot since he fixed some issues even tho his server wasnt perfect.

I just don't see the point in hosting a server if he's going to whine and shut it down himself or willingly put it in a position to be shutdown by someone else. Seems like an unnecessary hit to his reputation that could've been easily avoided.

he didnt have reputation to begin with after the fiasco with Scriptcraft 1 and 2

Play Everquest, Vanilla WoW is EQ-Lite for gods sake.

Lol you have no fucking idea what a cash grab cash cow game is buddy, no fucking idea, please stop talking out of your ass. You are just embarassing yourself.

that game is F2P and doesnt charge you 15 $ per month

I haven't paid for WoW for 6 months now, so I don't see what you are getting it.

the price had to be paid anyway and the example you show about WoW tokens proves that it is indeed a P2W, they buy shit directly from store with real money then put on AH for shitload of gold, you buy the WoW token and they get the gold.

Why buy gold from chinese when Blizzard is selling it too? ;)

!!¡

The only way level scaling would be tolerable would be to have a cap. So Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms (except Cataclysm zones) scale 1-60.
Outland scales 58-70.
Northrend 68-80.
Cataclysm 80-85
Pandaria 85-90
Draenor 90-100
Legion as normal.

there are tons of bot among thoses number anyway.
daily reminder that bot on wow are the best friend of Activision-blizzard due to how much money they gave