No man's sky

is becoming less shit with time
its still pretty shitty if you've already played it and you should only ever pirate it since it is still sporting a release price tag
I enjoyed it but glad i didn't buy it probably worth a pirate if online still works for pirated version when 1.3 happens. i did enjoy the music while fucking around doing nothing in space and on same planets it'll probably be worth to try out the hardcore survival mode which you get one live and watch hours of your grinding be wasted on a shit game

Fuck off, Sean Murray.

too bad this is not true of OP

Happy anniversary Sean!

he deserves our money

Yeah, I think a couple more of these updates and I might give it a chance.

That's impossible.

I remember a lot of people saying that if NMS was just another indie early access game, that it wouldn't have been such a big deal that it was shit, because that's exactly what everyone expected. It was because every journo, every youtube channel, reddit, normalfags in general all got together and decided to circlejerk about how this was going to be the last game they ever buy because it can be played forever, that the reaction was so proportionally bad.

So, if in another year, NMS has been updated, patched, tweaked, overhauled, and fixed to a point that it is no longer an abysmal slog with tedious gameplay and an awful inventory, then it will maybe be worth the $15 dollarydoos it should have been released at in the first place.

now it looks like it'll be a decent game, still needs waifus and better base building.

Why even bother making a space sim if you're going to ignore 99% of space? Seriously you have the opportunity to get as loose as you want with the technological limitations of examining this stuff up close yet you decide to make it about Earth but with trees, or dead planet with sum plants instead?

do planets have an orbit yet?

I looked this up and came across "eyeball planets" which are tidally locked by their star so have one hot and one cold side. This could be a cool setting for a game, have some habitable borderland between the two halves where a species/humans live, with the cold and hot sides being dangerous frontiers.

Reminds me of an episode of Ed, Edd and Eddy where they get stuck on a junkyard, the Eds predicted this shitshow?

Nice try, Sean.

That's pretty cool. The inhabitable belt that a lot of depictions have reminds me of Halo.

Suprisingly this is somewhat true

All that content that should have been in the game in the first place, and it still looks underwhelming. If they'd dropped NMS with all this content, for maybe twenty bucks, it could have been considered an okay experiment. Instead they cut all this shit out probably with the intention of selling it as DLC later boosted it to 60 bucks and farted out a piece of shit.

That's the best happy merchant edit I've ever seen.

so the planet mercury then

MERCURY ISN'T TIDALLY LOCKED YOU QUINTUPLE NIGGER

If I ever have balls half as large as Sean Murray I would never have to worry about confidence again. Still charging full price for this trainwreck is a special kind of bullshit and I can hardly believe that anyone would even be willing to attempt it.

Also remember you've got a permanent low and a permanent high weather system on opposite sides of the planet so the equatorial belt of habitable temperature is fucking storms all day every day.

Weird, we get this thread the same day NMS is on sale on Steam.

I'm actually surprised. It seems they're trying to make the game they originally promised people. I actually just thought they just cut and run. I honestly might pirate this after another patch or two. Fuck ever buying it though, they're still scumbags who liked to people and sold them a ugly bugy mess missing half the features they promised.

>>>/gaschamber/

Weird, NMS is on sale the same day a major content update comes out.

Actually, it's generally the sun-facing side that has the massive storms.

Isn't there a game on Steam that does this right now? I mean this seriously, not as a 'LOL EVRY INDIE SURVIVAL CRAFTING OPEN WORLD GAME'

Weird, NMS got a major content update and we got this thread.

You’ll have to shill harder than that.

is hellogames run by the eds?

I downloaded it to see what the fuss with 1.3 was about - Never played before.

Irredeemable shit.

Even with all this the lack of sentient life and locations makes everything feel empty and dead.

All my money on no.

I think you're giving them too much credit for thinking they had this shit up their sleeve since the release.

While my only 'source' on this is a 40K Ciaphas Cain novel, wouldn't the habitable belt also be in perpetual twilight?