No man's sky

Luis Turner
Luis Turner

is becoming less shit with time
its still pretty shitty if you've already played it and you should only ever pirate it since it is still sporting a release price tag
I enjoyed it but glad i didn't buy it probably worth a pirate if online still works for pirated version when 1.3 happens. i did enjoy the music while fucking around doing nothing in space and on same planets it'll probably be worth to try out the hardcore survival mode which you get one live and watch hours of your grinding be wasted on a shit game

Joseph Green
Joseph Green

Fuck off, Sean Murray.

Zachary Robinson
Zachary Robinson

becoming less shit with time
too bad this is not true of OP

Josiah King
Josiah King

Happy anniversary Sean!

John Barnes
John Barnes

he deserves our money

Zachary Kelly
Zachary Kelly

Yeah, I think a couple more of these updates and I might give it a chance.

Brayden Ross
Brayden Ross

is becoming less shit with time

That's impossible.

Parker Reed
Parker Reed

I remember a lot of people saying that if NMS was just another indie early access game, that it wouldn't have been such a big deal that it was shit, because that's exactly what everyone expected. It was because every journo, every youtube channel, reddit, normalfags in general all got together and decided to circlejerk about how this was going to be the last game they ever buy because it can be played forever, that the reaction was so proportionally bad.

So, if in another year, NMS has been updated, patched, tweaked, overhauled, and fixed to a point that it is no longer an abysmal slog with tedious gameplay and an awful inventory, then it will maybe be worth the $15 dollarydoos it should have been released at in the first place.

Carson Hernandez
Carson Hernandez

now it looks like it'll be a decent game, still needs waifus and better base building.

Matthew White
Matthew White

No stars in varying stages of life
No binary systems
No cool cosmic anomolies like neutron stars, or brown dwarves
No gas giants to explore
No icy moons or comets
No proper asteroids
No water worlds, snowball worlds, or terrestrial planets with super dense atmosphere
No tidally locked planets with a thin band of ocean on the equator

Why even bother making a space sim if you're going to ignore 99% of space? Seriously you have the opportunity to get as loose as you want with the technological limitations of examining this stuff up close yet you decide to make it about Earth but with trees, or dead planet with sum plants instead?

Jackson Lewis
Jackson Lewis

do planets have an orbit yet?

Julian Rivera
Julian Rivera

tidally locked
I looked this up and came across "eyeball planets" which are tidally locked by their star so have one hot and one cold side. This could be a cool setting for a game, have some habitable borderland between the two halves where a species/humans live, with the cold and hot sides being dangerous frontiers.

David Sullivan
David Sullivan

Reminds me of an episode of Ed, Edd and Eddy where they get stuck on a junkyard, the Eds predicted this shitshow?

Hunter Nguyen
Hunter Nguyen

Nice try, Sean.

Anthony Taylor
Anthony Taylor

That's pretty cool. The inhabitable belt that a lot of depictions have reminds me of Halo.

Mason Butler
Mason Butler

Suprisingly this is somewhat true

Josiah Evans
Josiah Evans

All that content that should have been in the game in the first place, and it still looks underwhelming. If they'd dropped NMS with all this content, for maybe twenty bucks, it could have been considered an okay experiment. Instead they cut all this shit out probably with the intention of selling it as DLC later boosted it to 60 bucks and farted out a piece of shit.

Jason Russell
Jason Russell

pic
That's the best happy merchant edit I've ever seen.

Christian Diaz
Christian Diaz

tidally locked by their star so have one hot and one cold side.
so the planet mercury then

Juan Sanchez
Juan Sanchez

MERCURY ISN'T TIDALLY LOCKED YOU QUINTUPLE NIGGER

Caleb Allen
Caleb Allen

it is still sporting a release price tag

If I ever have balls half as large as Sean Murray I would never have to worry about confidence again. Still charging full price for this trainwreck is a special kind of bullshit and I can hardly believe that anyone would even be willing to attempt it.

Brody Fisher
Brody Fisher

Also remember you've got a permanent low and a permanent high weather system on opposite sides of the planet so the equatorial belt of habitable temperature is fucking storms all day every day.

Kayden Anderson
Kayden Anderson

Weird, we get this thread the same day NMS is on sale on Steam.

Carson Anderson
Carson Anderson

I'm actually surprised. It seems they're trying to make the game they originally promised people. I actually just thought they just cut and run. I honestly might pirate this after another patch or two. Fuck ever buying it though, they're still scumbags who liked to people and sold them a ugly bugy mess missing half the features they promised.

Aaron Mitchell
Aaron Mitchell

I enjoyed it
/gaschamber/index.html

Luis Long
Luis Long

Weird, NMS is on sale the same day a major content update comes out.

Austin Hernandez
Austin Hernandez

Actually, it's generally the sun-facing side that has the massive storms.

Aiden Ward
Aiden Ward

Isn't there a game on Steam that does this right now? I mean this seriously, not as a 'LOL EVRY INDIE SURVIVAL CRAFTING OPEN WORLD GAME'

Weird, NMS got a major content update and we got this thread.

Connor Lee
Connor Lee

You’ll have to shill harder than that.

Tyler Morales
Tyler Morales

is hellogames run by the eds?

Jaxon Williams
Jaxon Williams

I downloaded it to see what the fuss with 1.3 was about - Never played before.

Irredeemable shit.

Lucas Harris
Lucas Harris

Even with all this the lack of sentient life and locations makes everything feel empty and dead.

All my money on no.

Luke Reyes
Luke Reyes

I think you're giving them too much credit for thinking they had this shit up their sleeve since the release.

Asher Edwards
Asher Edwards

While my only 'source' on this is a 40K Ciaphas Cain novel, wouldn't the habitable belt also be in perpetual twilight?