Russian Duma Removes Domestic Abuse from Criminal Code

bbc.com/news/world-europe-38794677

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RqaIgeQXQgI
debunkingdenialism.com/2015/12/12/how-anti-immigration-activists-misuse-rape-statistics/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anything to try improve the birth rates eh Putin?

Sometimes I forget how much of a fuckwit Putin is on domestic issues

Hopefully this will make some on the left stop sucking up to Putin

Although knowing NazBols they'll just double down

That's not unreasonable.

If more women were beaten they wouldn't be living under the delusion that they are equal to men.

hi abdul

How did you get wifi out in Syria?

No that isn't how a nice nuclear family is supposed to work you fuking moron

Why do nazi's hate muslims then?

Funny, I feel the same way about Nazis being equal to human beings.

Because they're brown. Also because circumcisions.

Islam isn't linked to race

Pretty sure your beloved SS had Bosniaks

sometimes i forget just how much of a shithole in general Russia is

I applaud this move. Feminism and women's liberation are purely an American ploy to undermine Russia and secure its hegemony. As anti-imperialists we need to fight back against such notions.

t. tankie

i unironically believe this

Pretty much, letting Russian woman behave like American woman would be a huge error. If you marry someone and he smacks you then let the family deal with it imo.

Not even trying

Sorry but anyone who unironically wants to divide genders and promote violence between the two instead of uniting is not a communist.

Only fascist deeply care about idpol and dividing people into groups, communism is about the workers, all of us, not identity

assault should always be punished as a criminal action

It's still punishable just not with jailtime for the first offense (hospitalization is not required iirc I think this is an interpretation read into it by the bbc.)

More importantly, this is actually just a repeal of a law passed last July– less than a year ago. It's notable that this repeal has been bombarded across western media for weeks now but when it was first past we heard nary a peep. Strange.

The repeal is also supported by almost the entire government and everyone wants it gone 1.) for soecfic reasons regarding the finer points of the technical definition of criminality and 2.) people feel like it was only passed due to influence of foreign governments. Apparently this is only a legitmate reason to reject something if you are American.

Should a father who uses corporal punishment to discipline a child be imprisoned? You might as well say yes but this question is at the heart of Russian rejection of this law and you can likely understand their point of view.

Retarded. A mother who hits her husband should go to jail if nobody wants it and they have kids? Oh do you only mean male assault?

Violence is a Y chromosome plus power user

inshallah

At least in Russia you are only beaten, not raped like in Sweden.

this tbh

Hitting children to control them is barbaric.

Only if the child does not know what he/she is being punished for.

No, it's always barbaric.

It's not just barbaric, it's retarded. Studies unanimously showed corporal punishment was not effective at achieving what's it supposed to achieve in addition to being the source of a lot of other problems such as making children more likely to be violent.

Are you in denial?
youtube.com/watch?v=RqaIgeQXQgI

Sometime the little bastards deserve it.

The reason why Sweden has such a high rape rate when compared to other countries is not because that many more rapes take place there but because its legal definition of what constitutes rape is way more expansive than in the rest of the world.

debunkingdenialism.com/2015/12/12/how-anti-immigration-activists-misuse-rape-statistics/

Don't we want to protect the Womyn more?

this isn't true, plus it's not like you can actually trust stats out of russia in the first place