High-level difficulty

Any gameplay, any genre, TAS or otherwise, that impresses you or entertains you be it through challenge or style.
Because this board is moving way too slow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lMD_d6dGI-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Same shit every time. They're impressive, but show something new, huh?

Just figured I'd get the obligatory ones out of the way early.

Show something new for once

I specifically posted those because they always get posted, have some new shit.

None of these match the difficulty of Souls game.

My favorite TAS ever

KAKATTE KOI!

Opening+Auto-scroller intro end at 2:00.

This guy's entire channel, really.
I'm like 99% sure he posts here, to boot.

People are going to think I'm shilling when you post my stuff as often as you guys do.
Thanks, though, I love you guys and know you're like half the people that watch my ass.

Other than that I remember some guy posting that he once did an all zeroes Skyrim run.
I'm honestly waiting for the day he writes a guide on that shit.

I feel like I have seen this before.

It's like the most video game centered possible form of template thread, so yeah.

What would you intend to do with say, MGS4?

Aside from making the motorcycle sequence hilarious, exploring out of bounds shit and all that business, I personally would love to do a perfectionist ghost run, but that's a ways off.

It's going to be fun to watch the bosses beaten in record speed.

Honestly I'm most hyped for shit like Killzone 2, Vanquish and other stuff with cover being played without it.

You could probably manage Vanquish since it got PC ported recently.

TASing PC is about as alien as anything current gen since you need something equivalent to a past OS compatibility to save state or slow things down.

I've seen this exact thread with these exact posts in this exact order at least three times in the past 365 days and the threads always stays alive for a month or two because someone posts a new video before the thread gets

i'm complaining

OP stated he did that specifically because they always get posted.

Besides which, this is at least something to differentiate from the usual "not videogames webm" shit and the cyclical "let's talk about one game in particular" stuff.
I see your point about it being another template, but at least it's something on this dying, Mark neglected board.

Do think we should stop fucking posting those obligatories, though.

The classic.

World first hardmode kills are also applicable here.

Capturing Kyoto on Turn 1

youtu.be/lMD_d6dGI-U

;_;

Dare I ask? My sympathies, man, that shit sucks.

MGR is actually easier on reveangeance, but lends better to speedkills that way.
The toughest is a no upgrade v. hard run.

Does Memory based gameplay count as skill? Like games that can only be speedrunned (not record breaking) by remembering paths and having previous knowledge of the game and its paterns?

Most Shoot'em'ups on higher difficulties dont even look fun. I get that in Japan, that shit is all the rage, but its usually "wait in a specific corner or moving spot that barely fits the ship while holding down the shoot button and somehow this looks like I'm in a super dangerous situation"

like if attack patterns were random, I'd be more impressed, but they're obviously not.

With this video as an example, I'd believe this dude has skill up until the 40 second mark.

I was trying to think of another game genre to compare this to. Dark Souls came to mind (wait, lemme finish), but Dark Souls definitely relies more on patience, as the game can be pretty easy if you observe the enemies and be wary of traps and the like instead of the usual "run towards enemy and fight right away and continue"

Sure, just anything that's impressive.

well thats what I'm saying. I dont find it impressive, but some do.
it's like if someone kept flipping a coin and landing on heads at the same time. its "impressive" but not exactly a skill, more of luck. I'm not saying luck and memory are the same, I just consider them on the same level

Yeah, but some games basically are that at later points.
I distinctly remember the obligatory hideofbeast Blaze Heatnix video points out one part "requires deaths, period" and becomes a matter of flat out pre-planning based on knowledge.
It still ends up being impressive.

A simple way of looking at it is that while many people don't enjoy skill unless it's improvisational in nature (something you can only ensure in a good roguelike), I think learning a routine is just as impressive in many cases.

You can't compare a perfect square dance to a perfect freeform rap. They're both impressive in different ways.

glorious day, i've found his new channels
he seems unfazed, so perhaps it wasn't personal drama
not sure why they went down or why old vids aren't re-upped

at least i downloaded some

I get what you're saying, but I'm not talking GENERAL knowledge of the game and how it works, I mean shit like "its literally only playable if you complete it this specific way"

Like, I love the Splinter Cell and MGS games, but for some reason, I cannot get into Hitman, because apparently there's all these super specific kills you're supposed to just figure out and its a real pain. idk, its late, I might've lost my own point cause I'm tired.

Those are more akin to puzzle games, but they still find room for challenge runs, man.
In those cases it's more akin to a perfect run being a case of "my god, this guy actually knows what he's doing to that kind of degree" if that makes sense.
Vid related.
There is essentially two routes to get SA
Route 1. In video, perfectionist level run while avoiding essentially every possible problem by trial and error memorization of enemy patrols and sniper coverage.
Route 2. The same, except instead of not killing anyone you actively distract one of the guards who will eventually be hit by a truck to save his life, lowering the amount of bodies found that create alarms by 1, allowing you to use a disguise and gain some alternatives that way.

This is all caused because the game is straight up bugged.

That said it ends up still being impressive that anyone is able to pull it off, even if only because it's like memorizing a long-ass dance.

Blood Money is full of these.

Just about the only video of Ominusha 3 you'll ever have to watch.

Skill

2a : the ability to use one's knowledge effectively and readily in execution or performance
b : dexterity or coordination especially in the execution of learned physical tasks

3: a learned power of doing something competently : a developed aptitude or ability language skills

Stop trying to redefine the meaning of skill because you don't respect the amount of memorization that goes into playing frankly most types of games at a high level. The real word you are looking for is reflexes.

No damage, professional difficulty Resident Evil 4 boiler room.

This video is the least impressive one out of the entire run.
Scaravich's run is much better

I always kill everything that spawns here on my minimalist runs (X-gun-only, etc.), and sometimes it's pretty impressive. But I almost never do it without taking damage.

Double posted a video, meant to post this.

The guy playing is annoying as fuck. The gameplay is usually impressive but not fantastic as far as I can tell.

To be fair I see plenty of people who only ever cloak and shoot, and fuck knows finding someone who knows what they're doing is hard on YT.
That said I do wish he would've left a commentaryless version somewhere.

Why don't you try playing it for yourself in that case?

Seconding this one for being excellent, next to the part of the X-Men Arcade's Revenge with Gambit in the elevator stage.

If they don't do one of Sonic 2006 I will be bitterly disappointed. The game is fun to break the shit out of regularly.

RE4 has a pretty entertaining TAS as well.

Sonic 06 is so broken it's going to be physics glitch into the end of the level.
Like, it will be fast and not actually all that interesting or stylish.

RE 4's tas is funny but for the most part it's Leon just saying "fuck this noise" and leaving the level like it's a poorly made Amnesia segment and walking around the level and into the door at the end from the wrong side.

I miss boarding the platforms

1 hit = death. And enemies take several dozens of shots to the head to die.

i miss when it took literal months for people to kill the main raidboss once he was released

lmao

I smashed the screen in my ds with a bat because I kept failing on a level on Star Wars Episode III.

Did the bat die?

No but there's some bats living in the shutters outside my window.

DLTK is a new tier of autism.

Time for the only BR that's good at video games. He has some fantastic Dishonored stuff, but this is pretty cool too.

I can't tell if it's TAS or just hyper autism.

I think it's hyper autism.

I am here to smug at you