Why arent all story based games like this?

Why arent all story based games like this?
Why they keep making linear shit wherw your choices and actions dont fucking matter?

because all of the 'gamer degree' devs nowadays don't know how to make games properly

Because idiots in game design look to movies for advice on storytelling. They're all stuck in this mindset of "games are art, but (((no one))) believes games are art. Movies are art and (((people))) believe that movies are art. Games must be more like movies to be seen as art by (((people)))!"

If game devs just stopped sucking Hollywood dick for half a second you'd see a lot more innovation in game story progression.

Have you played Fallout New Vegas, Deus Ex, SMT 1/2, Stalker Call of Pripyat, Gothic 2?
Those game were structured very similarly to WOS series. Also WOS is short as fuck, relies on replaying a lot.

How the fuck am I supposed to pretend I'm a Hollywood director, meet tons of famous celebrities, and fuck small children if my game is actually interactive and not filled with cutscenes?

By stopping being jewish?

Cool it with the anti-semitic remarks.

okay

Where do you think we are? I think reddit or facebook is more your speed, you won't find any wrongthink there.

That's kind of the whole point of that game's storytelling. There's a story and events unfold, and the player can pick which side he wants to support if any and that determines the ending the player will get. It's story is structured more like a VN rather than the typical run of the mill wRPG where nothing ever happens unless the player makes it so, or a jRPG where the player experiences a lengthy on rails story with very little personal agency.

Really, goyim?

Sure is reddit around here.

(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)

Look at what happened to the company that made this.

Because sometimes there is a story you want to tell and other times there is a story you want your audience to experience.

Look, the problem you're seeing is basically a hangover. A fuzzy sick result of a previous high-flying era. Remember that for the longest time big stories weren't possible in games. Games that provided story were really something new and awesome. Stories became more complex and involved as the technology matured and the methods to deliver that story became more spectacular.
That technological uprising hit at the right point at the same time as "video games are art" sort of thing started to push. And perhaps coupled with a desire to compete directly with the movie industry, you get more and more on-rails stories while gameplay is pushed off to the side.

What people have yet to really get into yet is just how interactive a medium video games are. They're not able to, in the larger scale of the industry, navigate creating a dynamic and interactive story. Some have tried, of course, and there are plenty of examples but even the bulk of them end up as what? A difference in ending and barely even a difference on the events in-game leading up to that ending?

Soon though, we'll be in another high-flying era of interactive stories once they figure out that perhaps they should hire actual writers and make them work closely with their game designers to produce such things.

The irony is the majority of open-world games are, in fact, terribly linear with little to no choice beyond "do main story" or "do pointless side story that has zero impact on the world"

I gues linear means call of duty corridor shooter

Because then they'd all be one genre.
Why aren't plain peanut butter sandwiches the only sandwiches allowed to exist?

When?

The very opening, you're forced into a fight.
In every game, except 4 you can, if you want to be a cheeky bastard, walk away from the initial fight/conflict and get the tutorial person screaming at you. I found it weird that they didn't let you do it this time around.

You can though. I think not on your first playthrough, but after that you can just dodge the crowd and avoid it. You can also beg for forgiveness, leading to a funny event where they tie you up and leave you in the train tracks.

On 3 you can even murder the tutorial NPC.
She even says one last tip to you as she dies.

I want summer to fucking leave, you fucking retards can't even get a reference.

A reference to what, faggot. Do you expect me to lurk every thread on Holla Forums 24/7?

see you fucking giganigger

Yeah, that's on me. Haven't watched that movie in years

You know, sometimes im certain that redditors and underage kids seeped into our numbers during the exodus.

None of those games is like WotS, your actions dont have an organic direct impact on what might happen in the future.
New Vegas is the closest one but its done very poorly and mechanically.

I mean, on WotS , if do X, then do Y, then do W, you can still do S or V so that Q,T, U,G,H or J will happen

On Meme Vegas, you do X, Y will happen, and thats it. Even the "different" endings for the main quest is just the same 30 seconds video with different narration, very, very lazy stuff.

I wish this meme with die.

It's weird that Islam basically teaches the same things about the kuffar but they do it openly, and yet they have a fuckton more adherents in the modern world. I guess Muhammad saw the potential weakness in the Jews' hereditary-only identity politics and decided to make his version of it open to all sorts of niggers while still maintaining the hardcore Us vs Them aspect.

That fight is part of the story, and it determines the factions that you can get aligned with. The devs want you to choose one of the 2 bigger, more obvious routes right away since it's the babby-tier ones, and then allow you to get a different outcome from the fight in subsequent playthroughs. But that doesn't make 4 bad in and of itself.

God such an underrated fucking post, cinematic games are GARBAGE

Holy shit, an user admitting he's wrong in a graceful manner? In the most non-sarcastic way, I'm proud of you. You make this board worth viewing.

Is WoTS4 worth playing, user?

/thread right here, basically.