What's your favorite Sega console, Holla Forums?

What's your favorite Sega console, Holla Forums?

Do you wish they'd have kept making more?

Gay

Be nice if they come back to the console market but that isn't happening.

saturn, but I think if sega was still around they would largely be the same as the competition. Their production strategy at the time was pretty much unfeasible to maintain in the long run.

Megadrive/Genesis was the best, saturn and dreamcast were nice but they died prematurely.

Didnt they turn down both sony and microsoft back in day?

I think they did turn them down. In a sense I wish they didn't turn Sony down, Sega's biggest problem these days is they can't fund new titles in all their dozens of amazing IPs

The company has been through restructuring the last two years, so I'm not sure what the future holds for them.

Genesis = Dreamcast > everything else

they are, and they're interested in bringing back a lot of old franchises and are doing a lot of things to gauge interest in certain IPs. Essentially every PC port of a 10 year old console game sega does goes into funding projects like sega forever which sega no doubt tracks the activity in certain games to gauge interest.

saturn's far better than dreamcast

We need some of that
BLAST PROCESSING
for some fantastic combat racing goodness.

favorite console = N3DS
favorite game = Bully: Anniversary Edition

I'm a bigger fan of the console Neo Geo Pocket Color.

Sega hardware was too pure for this world. Fuck the nips that crashed the western division. The wrong company died in the early 2000s. The Saturn is still the best because 2d games are superior to 3d games.

I grew up with a MEGA DRIVE, but only hold a special place in my heart for the Dreamcast.

This, I love the Master System but it's just wasted potential the console.

Only ever had a Dreamcast but didn't really get into it much tbh. The console itself seemed great but the games for the most part just weren't my thing.

Saturn > Genesis > Dreamcast > Master System > SG1000

Yep
No, just look at that Windows CE logo on the Dreamcast

Sega could have done it, they should have localized good Saturn games and gone with their Saturn launch plan in the US instead of releasing early.

Probably would have beat the N64 if they didn't fuck up so badly.

They had a complete idiot in charge of their NA division. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened had they took a chance on localising Grandia and releasing it at the same time as FF7.

The Saturn is not our future.

:^)

Well it was a combination of an idiot in charge of SoA and SoJ being idiots about the US market.

They could have localized all the other shining forces, Princess Crown, Sakura Wars, Suikoden, and as you mentioned, Grandia.

Radiant Silvergun, Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru, Policenauts, Snatcher, and all the SNK fighters.

Too bad the 32 bit ports of Snatcher were shit.

Every time.

The censoring was pretty shitty yes.

Genesis, followed very closely by the Saturn and the Dreamcast. I have every Sega system launched in the US (barring the Nomad and variants of consoles). The pain in the ass is that I have no one to play co-op with. Well, maybe one friend. When I have some time off, I'll see if we can get some Streets of Rage co-op or something going.

Master System Girl

Patrick Lawson is a fucking stupid smelly nigger. He's the guy who spread around the Dreamcast 2 rumor along with "Sega Orbi Enterprises". Pic related.

(((Bernie Stolar)))
Sega of Japan hired him, cause "hurr, he was from Sony" even though Sony fired him for being a complete fucking retard. Sega of Japan knows how to fuck things up and destroy a great company. Fucking jealous nips.

The Dreamcast
Fuck no, the Dreamcast was SEGAs ONLY decent console and I think it was only good in-spite of them rather than because of them. I had a lot of great memories with the Genesis but comparing the Genesis to the SNES after all these years and holy shit did the build quality of the Genesis suck in comparison, it is made of cheap ABS plastic that feels rigid. You gotto hand it to Nintendo and their Nintendium. The only thing the Genesis had going for it over the SNES build-quality wise is that it didn't turn yellow after 10 years. Hardware-wise the Genesis was faster but I think the SNES hit it more where it counts, graphics wise, and in addition you could make fast-paced SNES games with some optimization. Conversely with the Genesis you couldn't make it display more colors than it could and you lacked the extra graphics modes the SNES had. When you factor in all the useless addons SEGA was giving the thin you could tell they had no idea what the fuck they were doing marketing wise.

SEGA (Service Games) was founded by Jews, retard, it's not even a Japanese company.

It became completely Japanese owned in the 1980's, m9.

It hasn't even been an independent company since the 70s so I don't really see how that's any better

Looking at Nintendo I'm pretty glad Sega stopped with something great like the Dreamcast. I can never forgive the 32x though. It had like two good games.

What the fuck is the point? It's not that much worse to simply bring an actual master system compared to that thing.

Don't think for a minute that if Sega had won the console war they would have been any less sleazy and greedy than Nintendo.
I want to see the timeline where Mario was regelated to being a third party title on Sega consoles

At least in that case, they wouldn't be the same fucking game fifteen times in a row.

True, Nintendo needs to learn from the example of Yakuza.

Guess we'll add the premature demise of the Saturn to their long list of crimes.

Yeah their Jap division was full of mouthbreathing retards also. Imagine sabotaging a division of your own company just because you got so jealous it managed to sell a product your division didn't.

I think one can say if Sega were still in the game today, their releases would be just as bad as every other console platform.

I would have liked to see them last a few more years with maybe 1 more console. There were some great games in the pipeline when the Dreamcast died, most of which moved to the Xbox.

The Xbox would have had nogames, and would not in turn have fucked up the pc market as well.

They really need to. Not only have they failed to release the NeptuneXeye, they still need to make the Neptunomad!

And while they're at it, they need to make the DreamTurn!

And who do nintento, microsoft and sony think they are charging past them in making motion sensing controllers? Sega needs to make a microconsole with one! Fucking logitech too!

They should have just kept making more and more add-ons for the Genesis.

If you could rank all the sega systems from best to worst, what would that list look like? Provide reasons for each entry.

How and where, exactly? The thing would start causing house fires.

Do your own research.

That couldn't have worked if the Neptune had been released as something of a proto-PlayStation and had major potential for extensibility.

Err, rather, could only have worked. Love when I change trains of thought in mid-statement.

Feels bad, lads…

It was nintendo that deserved to die, not Sega, try and prove me wrong.

Yeah I find it hard to imagine otherwise. There's too much risk aversion in the industry for their way of doing things to have lasted.

Daily reminder that if it wasn't for Sega, consoles would still be kids toys.

Dreamcast was peak Sega.

Not really, the Famicom had games like Megami Tensei and Sweet Home it was Nintendo of America that was trying to push the kid friendly image and didn't localize those games.

The Master System and Saturn are underrated.

In retrospect, I'm glad they ended in generation 6 which was the last good one. If they were around today, they'd turn into normalfag machines just like all the rest