Ghost in the Shell (PS1) & Exact

I recently played through the PS1 version of Ghost in the Shell, and I thought that it was a fun little game with decent controls especially for the PS1. I thought that the game was a bit too easy and repetitive despite it's somewhat smooth gameplay. I thought that it was way too effortless to simply circle the bosses, dodge all of their attacks with almost no difficulty, and just keep shooting them for a minute or so until they die. I was curious why the developer made most of the bosses seem so similar, despite their varying movesets, despite the bosses at the end of the on-rails sections, and despite the second boss, which I think was one of the neater ones, if not dizzying. I found it strange that a couple of the levels have some pretty neat platforms and buildings that litter the landscape that you can traverse, but none of this is ever implemented into a bossfight. I wanted to ask the devs why this is the case, whether it's due to laziness or maybe technological constraints. What I like in this modern day and age of everyone using Twitter and other social media platforms, most of the time it's pretty easy to be able to contact the devs of certain games and ask them questions. Shit, when I was trying to find out the developers of Rising Zan, I was easily able to find their new studios's official twitter account and a few of the developers' Facebook profiles. And UEP Systems went out of business fucking years ago. But anyways, I haven't been able to locate a social media account for ANYONE that worked for Exact. Another reason for wanting to ask the devs questions is because I watched one review for the game that stated that the studio went on to work on the Ape Escape series, on Shadow of the Colossus, and on the Gravity Rush games, but I can't find anything that indicates that Exact/Sugar & Rockets (They changed names in 1998 after joining Sony) ever went on to work on those games. Everything I can find simply states that they were basically disbanded by Sony in 2000. I've tried to locate a few of the founders of Exact, namely Hiroyuki Saegusa, and the most recent activity from him that I can find is his work on D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die as a writer. Before then, there was an interview where he didn't really say anything on the game Lord of Arcana. So far, I haven't been able to find any sort of real social media presence from the guy. I haven't been able to find anything relating to Kazuki Toyota, Toshimitsu Ōdaira, and Hiroshi Yamamoto, the other apparent founders of Exact. I've been trying to scrounge through the credits for Ghost in the Shell, the Ape Escape Games, Shadow of the Colossus, and the Gravity Rush games to see if there are even names that might match, but so far I haven't had any luck.

Anyways, I was curious on two things. What do you guys think of Ghost in the Shell for the PS1, and might you guys have any sort of information on the developers of the game?

Bump because Jumping Flash 1 and 2 were always some of my favorite games, and I've always wondered what happened to the devs. Looking up this game, it looks surprisingly similar to Jumping Flash. I have to watch this anime and play the game now.

Play Ace Combat 3. It will scratch your itch

just watch the 1995 movie and play the game, the game has more in common with the manga anyway.

Read the uncensored manga, its fun.

Fun story: I one bet a friend to open the manga ten times at random and not find a pantyshot or breastshot. He lost.

Wait… If you climbed a wall and jumped on the spot while on the wall what happens?

You should go to the ground right and not just jump and go back to that same spot on the wall.

It's been so long since I played that on PS1.. almost 20 years ago… Hmm.

Fun fact about Ghost In The Shell PS1. A lot of the music was created by techno and house veterans and there is also a song created by the very man who started techno, Derrick May from Detroit. The game's soundtrack was pressed on vinyl but Derrick May's song was literally impossible to put on vinyl because a lot of the effects in the song overworked whatever pressed the vinyl and burnt it out. He later had to create a remix of the song to press on to vinyl. May also said that he still has the original master of the song, stating that listening to it is a wholly different experience than listening to it in any other format if I recall. Embed related.

It had a pretty fucking neat soundtrack and intro, unfortunately I can't remember much of anything about the game itself. It may or may have not been a complete ass to get working on a emulator.

i fucking love ghost in the shell, never knew it had a PS1 game. mind posting some gameplay?

Oh boy that's the most retarded shit I've read in a while.

the soundtrack is fuckin killer it got me into Takkyu Ishino

The best GITS game is not officially a GITS game.

Fuck yes

Fuchikoma a cute.

It's let down by being an early Playstation game, and therefore not having analogue controls. Playing with the d-pad presents a lot of the same control issues as playing an FPS with a keyboard, as we did back in the early 90's.

Was not perfect, but fuckme was that a fun game. Thank God it is still in my collection.
Good luck finding Japs online. In general, they shy away from social networks and double that for international communications.
Anons curious about this game should watch embed.

Yeah, I'm not well-versed in the whole history of it. I meant to say he made it a household name in Detroit, but even that is probably wrong.

At least I don't act like every single piece of electronic music is the same thing, people doing that is fucking cancerous.

One of the people*

Also taking into consideration that techno and other electronic music at the time was heavily influenced by artists like Kraftwerk.

Also, hip hop is just techno with black people.

If you're curious as to the roots of Jumping Flash and Exact in general, check out their game on x68k called Geograph Seal.

That's rad. I didn't know May did some of the music but i noticed instantly it had a Detroit style soundtrack.

Not technically no, but he was one of the pioneers of Detroit techno in the 80s which most of the genre today is based on.

Never ever.