Did microsoft fuck themselves with this machine?

Did microsoft fuck themselves with this machine?
What's the point of the extra power when the regular Xbone is so underpowered and they can't exactly let this thing run laps around it

And you have devs developing for this, yet still only having 30fps when 4k 60fps is their main advertising point.

Microsoft is a reflection of it's fanbase. Fucking retarded.

This console generation has been overall retarded. Nothing like the days of PS2, GameCube and Dreamcast.

When this thing was revealed the only part the audience gave a shit about was that it'll have full backwards compatibility with the original xbox

What's the point in aiming for 4k visuals when the regular Xbone averages 720p to 900p?

To cash in on the 4k craze even though 95% of people cant even afford to be able to use 4k.

It's for the first party exclusives…which there isn't much of. Plus the third party devs got to develop for both PS4, PS4 Pro, XBox One, XBox One X. Got to get it working on basically 4 different machines despite having similar architecture.

You got fags on NeoGAF and Ubisoft themselves saying games shouldn't take advantage of high end PCs cause "it's not fair to console owners, you privileged shitlord" and stuff. That's one issue as well.

Forgot to add, which is why third party developers won't even bother taking full advantage of the XBox One X. There is so many reasons why they won't even bother with it.

At least in the case of the PS4 & pro there isn't a world of difference between the two where as the xbone & this thing have completely different set ups

I might be a pleb when it comes to that but surely that's gonna be an issue right?

Nah, games are much less reliant on specific hardware behavior than they were back in the day it shouldn't cause that much problem to fix the shit that's broken if anything is broken, it's not even hard to do a console library that handles variance in hardware well (see PSP, PSVITA, Wii, WiiU, N3DS)
If nintendo managed the Wii/GC thing there's no reason to believe MS will fail doing something simpler especially after pulling off the x360 backcompat that well.

Good point I didn't think about that user

the other issue as another user raised is the games
All MS had to show off the new xbone was Forza and bioware's Destiny/Section 8 ripoff

But considering both those games are multiplatform there's really not much of anything to justify it besides indieshit that I doubt even casuals would buy

lol keep dreaming sega autist. It was PS2, GC and Xbox. Your console was already fucking dead.

normalfags want 4k but gaming pc's are too "complicated" to make. Is this board filled with retards who don't understand why people get consoles to begin with?

kek good catch
Fucking sega faggots

Depends on how much they gimp the PC port, seeing as you need a stupid powerful PC to even run Forza well at all.

Not really into console but it'll be interesting to see if sony is gonna push for a Zen based APU in their next PS4 iteration because as good as the XBX is on paper a 2.2Ghz steamroller based APU can only go so far.

a lot of the presentation of an xbox one pro, is to bait sony to release the ps5 earlier than intended, which will likely be on par with the scorpio, but to expensive beat significantly and then the next xbox will have the lead. There will be no ps4 pro 2.0. nintendo of course will continue to make shitty hardware for girls and soft boys of fandom

I got plenty of normalfag friends who don't get the appeal of the xbonex, some of em work in gamestop and admit that they're having issues trying to get people to pre-order it

It's why I made this thread asking if MS really did fuck up with this thing

That's hell of a gamble considering all Sony has to do is look at the mess Nintendo is in to realize that would be a really shit idea

On paper it's good, but it deals in concept that are too complex for most people to care about and the actual real world implications are either too niche for people to care or make the Xbone look really bad so MS won't highlight it.
If MS went "the xbone was a piece of shit and we fucked up when releasing it so here's a the actual console" it would have more of a chance.

It still uses a Jaguar based CPU, which is basically a watered down FX chip. Not exactly a powerhouse.

Call me when it gets actual video games.

And there's the problem user
Where are the video games to justify this thing's purchase

So are there going to be XboneX exclusives, or will the regular bone be able to play all games just in a shittier way?

Every single 8th Gen console is trash

It's pretty much gonna be the latter
But considering that even the regular Xbone has been getting shit support from MS of late this can only get worse

It was the reveal that killed it. Kinect mandatory, always online for a fucking console, no borrowing games, TV, TV, TV, sports, sports, sports, stupid name, low energy reveal event overall.

Then they had no games for the bloody thing. Shitty and half assed Master Chief collection, shit tier Halo 5 and that's it I think. Consoles need exclusives to justify buying them. At least Nintendo has their usual stuff and even some neat looking ones like Bayonetta and W101. Sony has Bloodborne, maybe Infamous, Nioh. They have something at least. MS has fuck all on their console.

>>>/cuckchan/

OP is referring to the new Xbox One X, not the original xbone

Whoops. Still relevant to the overall success of the Xbone. Especially the point about games. The X has nothing other than another Forza game and Crackdown at a staggering 30FPS.

neither the xbone x or the PS4 pro have anything to offer. games are incredibly shit now, there's absolutely nothing to be interested in yet the consoles just seem to keep coming.

I feels like Microsoft really didn't want to make this consoles.

That whole thing with the launch and them having really nothing to say, and something about a new director. The name sounds like they purposely tried to annoy their fanbase.

The xbox was such a terrible replacement for the only company to rival nintendo.

And that's the most surprising part. Aside from the much lower sales, you've had a string of spectacular fuckups in regards to their exclusives and just about every former first party developer who's ever worked with them have been coming out of the woodwork to talk about how terrible Microsoft is to deal with.

"Native 4k" is just the lie* that they're pushing to get the rubes excited. Almost more than the 4k meme, Microsoft have been pushing how "easy" the console is to develop for, and how they've designed it for developers - and will be giving them the creative freedom to do what they want with it. They parade out these indie devs to talk about how great Microsoft is treating them, and how "I ported my game to the Xbox in 10 seconds with UWP".

None of this means fuck-all to the consumers beyond getting them hyped over literally nothing. It's all just public apologizing to developers, and begging them to work on their system again.

lol i need to get to sleep.

kys

Why the fuck do people have to invent a moral indignation, when a practical or economic justification is already readily available, and is far more effective and applicable.

Why did those guy hate Hussein so much ?
oh

The smashcube sold well for the software it offered

Yeah, I still see no reason to own one. You can put together a cheap PC, use a console controller and play almost all the same games in better looking graphics. You can pirate what you want, too.

I want to stick my coke in that pepussy.

I bought a PS4 because I was extremely angry, and needed something to keep me distracted. No so much for games (though Yakuza 0 was a hoot), but more for seeing what it could do as far as interconnectivity and add-on options. Newer PC parts are full of hardware AIDS, which is putting me off of building a new system.

You first, underaged faggot.

Not really. Microsoft is not selling their new console at a loss like Sony did with the PS3. And I'm sure they're smart enough not to make too many units.

I don't understand Crackdown. That series was never huge and now MS is hyping it as their big exclusive? That's not a game that is going to shift consoles or distract Sony.

Sega games ended up on Xbox funnily enough. Strange business.

Burgers didn't buy Shenmue and Orta though.

Fixed it

Layering console market never fucking works desu.

Can you explain this. I haven't been following the bone.

everything worth jack shit on the original Xox were leftovers from the Dreamcast
The only thing worth a damn in tht machine was Team Ninja and the only reason they jumped on the Xbox was because Sony had Tekken and they propbably didn'twant to compete
Ninja Gaiden and DoA 3 were the only good games that came for the consol
honorary mention to Otoi and maive another gaethat i can't remeber for at least tryingto breath some life into that shitty black birck
Halo is has always been and will always be shit
a special kind of shit since, not only was it shit by itself but it aslo shitted up the entirety of vidya by popularizing the console FPSMMO wich Activision would latter milk on a yearly basis ust as EA does with sport as wel as the dreaded regeneratng healh mehanic so that plebian noobs wouldn't die all the fucking time and could pretnd to not suck ass at vidya

The Xbox fucked vidya it ruined the 7th generation and i honestly cant wait to dance on the grave of the Xbonex

Halo wasn't even exclusive

usa should be nuked

No such thing was announced. Some backwards compatibility was, and you'd be a fool to expect more than kinda dodgy emulation of the already dodgy HUEG emulator the 360 had.

Also see

The eckspernecks is just one part of a larger shitstorm of Microsoft failure. People talked about Microsoft's "lost decade" but at this rate it's going to be two and then three.

Depending on how poor you are it doesn't even have to be new. Especially for 1080p gaming a second hand PC and a solid card will do the job fine.

This console generation is a trainwreck and it's hilarious to watch. If it wasn't for Japan i wouldn't play contemporary vidya anymore.

During all of e3, they shilled it as "The most powerful console ever made". Yet games like Destiny 2 and Crackdown 3 will play in 30fps. Doesn't really help your argument when you cannot even get 60 fps on the apparently strongest console.

What a saucy babe.

So it barely had shit.

Gonna need sauces on those because otherwise the only dev on record who said M$ were terrible was Phil Fish. Everyone says this. No one provides any proof. Not even defending M$ (especially after the jews removed paint) but everyone claims this when it's usually neofag making shit up or just quoting Phil Fish or the Phantom Dust reboot devs again (Which is funny because the artists who complained to shittaku didn't know how fucked they were getting by Darkside's management over that and the company was in severe debt after burning bridges with Sony and 2K).

>but it'll be interesting to see if sony is gonna push for a Zen based APU in their next PS4 iteration because as good as the XBX is on paper a 2.2Ghz steamroller based APU can only go so far.

Sony will want it, but unless they are prepared to try $599. Not till 2021. AMD's SOC roadmap isn't finalised and Lisa Su said they aren't even taking Zen SOC orders till 2018 and 2019 Zen/Vega will likely be high end laptops only. 2021 will be the sweet spot between affordability and mass production. It will be Jaguar again. Maybe Puma. Possibly even Steamroller if Sony's willing to eat costs for a highly custom part.

The main problem with this mid-generation console upgrade bullshit isn't that the new model is more powerful and will embarrass the old one. It's that essentially all games released still have to work on the old system, and publishers are awfully fond of releasing a minimally viable product. If you're just getting the same experience but with a more stable framerate, is that worth a price premium?

They might as well go excavator at that point, 7-15% IPC increase is better than nothing I guess

AMD only does four core in Excavator so either way Sony's going to be playing out the ass if they want custom or Zen on APU. A die shrink on Bulldozer would be custom as well. Hitting a 2019 date with a massive CPU bump? Impossible.

Its mostly on the devs for not being able to get 60. Most games on modern consoles are capable of playing at 60, but devs literally dont have anyone working on tfw you cant think of the word increasing performance.

The word you are looking for is; Optimization.

Thats it. Im fucking retarded. Ive been racking my brain for a while trying to think of that word.

the punctuation you are looking for is: colon

I bet you know all about colons user.

Ryzen APUs are on their way to laptops soon. It's entirely feasible that a new Sony console would use it.

Lisa Su has already said AMD will start taking orders sometime in 2018 for APU configurations and you are only going to see them in high end laptops first. Laptops shipping with Ryzen this year will be using the desktop version and the first revision of the APU will be focused for high end laptops as well. Sony won't be able to get an affordable mass production price till about 2020/21 unless they are willing to eat major costs, possibly even 2022 because AMD's roadmap is constantly in flux cause lol AMD. So either PS5 is going to cost a lot of money to Sony or the Customer.

Maybe if the original Xbone hadn't had such a disastrous premiere with them shilling it as a glorified cable box costing four hundred and ninety nine US dollars with awful DRM the Xbone wouldn't be as dead as it is right now.

The failure of the Xbone can be chalked up to the same thing that made the Wii U fail - shitty marketing.

They're probably testing to see how far they can go before sales drop. As for the graphics, they could be preparing for the "video games are art" era that hipsters are promising will come.

Shitty marketing is one thing
But having anti consumer mechanics in what suppose to be a "All in one entertainment system™" and trying to advertise it as a good thing is the most fucking stupid thing ever conceived

Mostly it was a shitty product, combining the bad points of pc and console into the worst of both worlds. The nonsensical TV!TV!TV! marketing definitely didn't help but even the most competent spindoctoring imaginable wouldn't have saved the original concept.

My alarm bells are ringing. What's the catch with this Photoshopped Japanese abomination? It has ten dicks and twenty balls, doesn't it, user? It's always the same with you fucks.

It's that jap idol with the permanent smirk.

Is this that one ugly bitch that made anons on Holla Forums sperg out to no end? The one who posed with an ugly face and wearing orange, possibly with cat ears?

Virtue signaling and the chance to demonize people they hate.

Just bringing up another example of their way of thinking.

Didn't some PS4 games glitched out on the PS4 Pro but was fine on the regular PS4? Or performance on the Pro was worse? I can't name them off the top of my head, but I heard about it.

RE7?

the only one to my knowledge was TLOU which had a minor issue of running at 56-59 fps when uncapped instead of a locked 60. don't think that's been fixed. pre-pro games come with a disclaimer that the games may not work as intended.

Only when boost mode is enabled. With boost disabled it behaves exactly like a launch PS4 in games without explicit support. Well, it doesn't sound like a starting jet, but otherwise it behaves just like a launch PS4.
Problem with TLOU and other games with badly implemented explicit support is that you can't force running the game in base PS4 mode. If explicit support for pro is there you can't disable it, even if boosted or even unboosted compatibility mode would have a higher/more stable framerate.

I don't know where you live that TVs are so expensive, but UHD TVs start at $500 at Costco for a 50-ish" sized screen, if I recall correctly. Studios are also finally getting the hint and releasing movies from before 2010 on UHD Blu-ray. I know Starship Troopers and Blade Runner are on the way, along with The Bridge on The River Kwai.

lol nope

Or no ps5 and they integrate into steam.

One can dream

Don't need a PS5 when the PS4 is still selling.

How many exclusives does the original console and the Xbone X even have?

hope not. PC gaming is the worst cancer in the industry today. single spec is far better for consumers and developers and results in there being better games.

worst troll ever

I only play obscure weebshit so I always thought my PS4pro was whisper quiet. Play the last guardian and the thing sounds like a Xbox jet engine.

Fuck mainstream vidya I'll stick to JRPGs and VNs.

I think they should have marketed and made it as a new console, since now people will think it is optional and will avoid it.
Consolefags don't care about the specs.

lmao
in hindsight, the 360/ps3 era wasn't so bad. This generation is pure dogshit

How are these refreshes selling by the way? I can only imagine that Sony and MS are shooting themselves in the foot with this move, since once you start doing your marketing with TFLOPs and bare performance, you've already lost to PC. The only approach that might not be suicide is staying with buzzwords like 4K gaming or VR.

Admittedly you won't get a 300$ PC with a GPU as strong as the XboneX, the GTX 1070 alone costs more than the console.

That's because console players are generally too stupid to realize that consoles themselves are typically sold at a loss, which is then made up for by raking their customers over the coals when it comes to buying and playing games.

Paid online, higher retail prices, less frequent sales, etc. Want to piss off some fanboys? Point out that the "deals" they're getting with XBL/PS+ during sales is just the base price of the games elsewhere - and that Sony/MS is just jacking up the prices to create an artificial sense of value to their discounts, and meanwhile are skimming off the top by either forcing you to pay a monthly tithe or make you pay more to cover the difference in what you're not paying by not subscribing.

I am aware, but say you're starting from nothing and want to play 3-4 games on a 4K TV, in a complete dudebro normalfag scenario, its probably cheaper to go with a console.

Unlike the other 2 main console developers, Microsoft can fail as much as they like since there's so much money behind them.
They don't need to be the best, they just need to live long enough to take market share from Sony and Nintendo until they dry up.

Sony is also a gigantic company with many other branches, like TVs. And Nintendo has stockpiled a shitton of money, they could probably stomach four Wii U catastrophes in a row and they would turn to their Yakuza overlords and go back to Pachinkos and Sex Hotels if shit gets serious

Except there's not. Microsoft isn't nearly as big as most people think they are, and they're not going to blow their corporation on a fucking video game console. Half their investors don't even think they should be in the game console business, and there was serious talk during the 360's life of spinning the Xbox division off into it's own company. And that was at the HEIGHT of it's popularity.

Xbox survived as a Microsoft division, because they reached a compromise and finally brought the console around to Bill Gate's original vision of a Windows Multimedia Box - which nobody wanted. That's why their 2013 E3 was all TVTVTV SPORTSSPORTSSPORTS… oh, and it can play some games too.

Microsoft is getting their shit pushed in by the mobile OS market, and as of right now, the Xbox only exists to bolster Windows 10 (which is why they're willing to sacrifice it by making all their games cross-play/cross-buy). It's MS's own walled garden platform similar to iStore/Google Play, and they're going to continue to leverage it as such. That's why they haven't given much of a shit about games this generation, and why there is still "no significant budget for game development" with One X on the horizon. They don't want games, and they don't want to be a game company. They want the walled garden marketplace and the integration with Windows 10. The Xbox division doesn't have a blank check, and they've used up most of their division's budget just getting One X to market.

If their initiative doesn't pay off by helping to establish Win 10 like they want, and it doesn't make a significant profit, they'll find some other pet strategy on how to push their OS/Marketplace and will cut the Xbox Division loose.

I think that it has been proven that MS can't beat Sony in the console business. Not even with all the billions they threw at it. That's why everything is on windows 10 now.

Not sure if you missed it but Android is failing super hard for Google right now because they were never able to convert it out of just a mobile platform and iOS has been in a state of stagnancy for a while. Most Tablets are being switched to W10 because manufacturers and enterprise have pretty much rejected Android. Mobile OS is an investment disaster zone at the moment and both Google and Apple have screwed themselves over trying to fuck each other over. MS is doing it because they are pushing their "One Ecosystem" deal.

Actually I kinda want this because it just means Tencent or Amazon gets a completely risk averse acquisition or buy in which means shitloads more games being funded by content creation companies. Would mean the death of Playstation as a Sony Brand but I'd imagine Perfect World or someone else will pick up the pieces. But the autistic screeching from Neofag would be glorious.

Nintendo will stay of course. Because they are Nintendo.

Thinking about it, Microsofts entire situation right now seems to be one big All In. Windows 10 is effectively free, even today, the XBone was a failure, at least compared to the 360, so all they've got for income in the consumer market is their new Hardware and Office.

Of course, Microsoft lingers around in the legacy corporate realm since decades and there will be companies that pay thousands of licensing fees for .NET shit monthly until the end of the century, but if they don't get themselves established as a sort of new Apple with overpriced Surfaces, things are looking bleak for Microsofts consumer revenue.

microsoft cant "fuck themselves" because theyre illuminati trillionaires

Yes. It looks like a goddamn dude with her shit fake smile