Gigantic

Bird vs Snake game
plays better then hi reze's piece of shit paladins and overwatch we can't do anything right.
games could be fairly short or gone for ages.

Some real low effort shilling. At least post some gameplay you massive semen sucking faggot.

I look at this and I only see Paladins in lower quality.

quite the clusterfuck going on here. Also the art direction is possibly worse than battleborn.

The game still needs work though. The whole point system that's in place now is rather silly. The game is essentially a team death match until 10 kills, after which the winners get the opportunity to damage the opponents' guardian. The whole control point and summon system seems pointless, due to summons having so much health that there's no risk putting them down everywhere.

I think you're exaggerating user. There's nothing in the game that has the retarded Battleborn-tier proportions.
It is generic pixar-shit though.

Yeah no, looked into it further and wasn't impressed
I can see the comparison for paladins and overwatch, but it being a TPS makes it seem less similar. It drew my eye because of that, and there hasn't been alot of those lately. Unfortunately I'm just really fucking tired of these designs.
One of my favorite dumb things in vidya games is different playable characters and how they compare and contrast. But "Class based team shooter" is really getting fucking over done, and the actual character designs are just bland and not notable.
I guess "thanks for sharing but I'll pass" if I'm being optimistic
And "fuck off shill" if I'm being pessimistic

Is it finally out? This shit was revealed at E3 years ago.

It never ceases to amaze me how much the industry goes into "me too!" mode whenever 1 thing gets popular. how many fucking hero objective shooters do we have now?

The thing is that most of these games were in development well before Overwatch was even revealed. Hell, Lawbreakers wasn't even supposed to be ASSFAGGOTS but it got retooled into one at the last second.
I honestly believe there's some element of racketeering here where Blizzard is paying or sabotaging companies in order to make their shit look better by comparison.

it's still a shit game though. tried it out the other day and the combat system is pretty good but it's wasted on a game like this. it takes too long to kill people (anyone can run away before you could kill them if they start running soon enough) so you won't really have any decent skirmishes and the most effective way to win is to just dogpile onto stragglers. if there are no stragglers on either team it just comes down to a teamfight at which point it turns into a classic moba; you have to pick the right target to kill and use all your attacks on it faster than the other team. the combat system and the movement have little value in that scenario same as when dogpiling on stragglers. it's a shitty moba with a decent combat system. not worth my time.

Upper management sees a game be successful and want to ape it. They see a game half way through development, so they save money by changing that to fit the new goal rather than starting all over again. Which is why we end up with so many half-baked, uninteresting "me toos".

Sounds like it would be perfect if they nerfed hp values

I love the stylish minimalist art style, those character designs are really appealing.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH wew hehehehe

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhAhAHAhAHA shieeeeet

God I had such high hopes for this game, but they've just added too much shit and that clusterfuck just killed any enthusiasm I might have had to play it.

Fun game, not very polished though and the lack of maps is awful, I think there is 3?

how do we even call this shit genre? SASSFAGGOTS?

Someone tried to meme CRAPCUNTS but I think it was kinda weak.

Reminds me of battleborn. Especially that mode where you take down each other's giant unit. This is the only selling point gimmick that Gigantic has and it's already been done before. I expect a similar failure.

what does that stand for?

sure but they're not gonna because they want to keep the focus on "teamwork". when you give a single player the power to actually be able to outplay others it results in whining nowadays. that's why mobas tend to suck in general.

i don't see the appeal. what's the point of teamwork based games when you're playing them with random people? you're just gambling at that point. if they want teamwork focused games they should incorporate such mechanics that incentivize players to communicate, grow used to each other and play together for a longer time than a 10 minute match. these games are literally made with the tried and true system that makes successful solo plays feel good but at the same time they absolutely despise it and they want to make you play in a different, much less satisfying manner. it's less satisfying because the game isn't made to reward teamwork with anything other than a "you win" screen. despite winning, you might still end up thinking you carried your teammates and that they barely held their own or perhaps you might end up thinking you didn't even deserve it. if it was a good teamwork based game you'd always feel like you and your teammates deserved the victory or the loss.

i don't understand it. do these developers even think about the stuff they're doing? is there someone behind them thinking about why they're making a game the way they're making it or are they just copying others and putting their own "twists" to it? mona lisa becomes mona lisa with a mustache or a mona lisa with a hat and none of them are as good as the original in the end. no one even tries to just make an original painting nowadays.

I don't remember. There's a screencap explaining it with a Doomguy reaction image that I'm sure someone will post, but it was really forced whatever it was.

The high time to kill is part of why I enjoy this game more than Overwatch or Paladins. Instead of randomly getting into situations you will never be able to get out of or simply dying in one hit because some retard pressed Q at the wrong time for you, even if that opponent had shit aim and couldn't handle your strafe, or getting stunned from long range or in an incredibly short amount of time while using a hero that had no escape abilities and shit movement and dying half a second after.

This game is more about map control than anything else. You use situations where you obviously have a good advantage to push into enemy lines, kill off any weak players and kill their creatures as well as steal their power orbs. Manage your stamina properly, stop bunnyhopping like a retard and sprint at the right time to chase down kills when you can, just don't overextend like most idiots do.

I like the shitty MOBA mode more than any other modes in hero shooters so far. At least it actually rewards map control and has something resembling depth.

No playable Crow, no buy.

Is this shit even out? Because it needed to be out last year if it had any hope of carving out a niche for itself. The fad is pretty much dead already.

Dropped

I dunno, paladins is kind of shitty, but it's free. Plus this looks like it could be shittier than paladins if that is even possible at all. Does it have a character that can just shoot mindlessly like ruckus?

Spot on user

The turret guy, HK-26. But he is fairly easy to deal with, but can get annoying in open areas

There's a robot character who can shoot forever. He has a railgun that can be used to snipe people(can also be alternatively be swapped for a cannon that silences people), a mortar that flies at an arc, and a turret mode which lets you aim in any direction while having some increased damage and tankiness at the cost of being unable to move. You can still do dodges while in turret mode though. His ultimate move is basically spamming rockets at a target.

Actual retardation alert

It's out and it's offering a $30 Ultimate Pack for you to buy every available hero and every future hero that will be released, plus it comes with a friend code for the Starter Pack so you can drag your buddy into the game with you if you want.

Wasn't this held hostage by windows 10?

You're trying your hardest, but I want this game even less now.

Another notch on the belt for the "b-but its beta" mspaint

I can't blame you for not liking the "free hero rotation" thing. Most MOBAs and games with unique heroes have it these days.

tfw i got the founders pack for free from some random polish magazine website. the game would be truly awful if i had to grind for all the heroes.

As are most games of this kind. It's more like a "demo" than anything if you have to pay for all the heroes to play them all anyways.

I thought that with warframe success people would realize that you can earn a boatload of money with co-op games, but it seems they love a community based on whining and trashtalking.
They probably think they will get league of legends numbers, i pity this guys,

Actual shill alert, how little are they paying you

If you find it random you clearly don't know what you're doing. Don't use games you've never played as strawmen to substantiate your arguments.

What you just described is everything it's got going for it and it's all it's got. That's no deeper than the games you compared it to. You confirmed yourself that combat itself is not the focal point of the game so you basically reinforced my second argument ( ) where I said that exact same thing. It's got a good combat system that's completely wasted on a game that clearly doesn't need it. It provides you with good tools for a specific job that it then discourages you from doing. That by itself is already a red flag. You don't need smooth movement and a fluid combat system to be a cog in the teamwork machine. If what it's about is map control and not the actual combat then why bother? I feel cheated if I'm given a specific set of tools just to realize I won't really use them to full extent because the game is about something else. Not only that but I also think the game is incredibly bland and boring with the one and only "map control" mechanic it's got. I've learned all of those combat tips you provided in the first 4 matches I've played and I've been the top performer in most of the games after those, win or lose. I understand it, it's just very boring because it doesn't give enough chance to individual skill. It really is just a watered down moba with less emphasis on individual skill and a good but pointless combat system.

If you've played OW as of late you'd realize the dive comp is pretty much just that. A complete effort in hopelessness and extending your life as long as you can without much place for outplaying, where strategy or even proper use of your abilities are thrown aside to favor a shooting gallery that turns into a snowball the time someone, anyone from your team dies. The OW sandbox and the toolkits for each hero, especially the meta ones, allow for absurd one-hit kills where no amount of forward thinking will save you. There's a difference between bad positioning and just dying because there's nothing you can actually do if four heroes rush you and kill you awfully fast. And two of those are specifically engineered to fuck your character over without any ability for you to outplay or outsmart them. This is why I quit playing the game.

In Gigantic personal skill is pretty much everything that determines a win or a loss. Team synergies are more organic than in games similar to it, map control can slowly come back to biting you in the ass, and there's always room for outplaying and getting ridiculous kills, especially if your character is one able to do that.

It is a team game, yes, but I don't see how that applies as a counter-argument. You can't realistically expect every game to be CS:GO where you can kill an entire team in seconds and carry like a god if the other team sucks and they can't aim for shit. Team plays and ability usage do matter as much as individual skill, especially aiming, but you've got to do your own part, hit your shots and never die regardless.

I guess it's just that out of the entirety of games like it that have come out this one, to me, is the least offensive, and it does allow for clutch plays with well-executed strategies, rushes, ability usage in conjuction with your team, true aim and proper map control. Getting into engagements, mantaining your stamina high and getting the fuck out once your health drops past a certain threshold only works up until a certain point of the game.

It's just a fun distraction. I'd rather play real shooters over it, but it's really far from being bad. I've carried entire teams by playing with the dumb girl with the jetpack and the sword loli, building them for the situation and clutching sometimes for pretty nifty comebacks.

It all depends if it doesnt have that NSA anticheating program

The thing which put this game on the map for me was hearing that several of the developers for the game came from the ANet that made Guild Wars, and I would be surprised if I could even find a lick of that notion from in the game today.

It's like you want your game to be overshadowed and fail. aka battleborn'd

The funny thing is that 3 posts into the thread, you get this Webm: where you can see a tiny cube in the bottom right corner with Level and a small bar.

This means Gigantic has character progression through experience and levels, while Paladins has character progression strictly by money while Overwatch sees no character progression at all.
All 3 different ways to control the gameflow and yet the same retarded comparisons are made.
This is getting embarassing.

Anyway, OP or anyone that has tried the game, how do you get XP or levels in that?
Usually the biggest problem with MOBAs is the very inefficient snowballing that ensures the game is decided fairly early but still forces you to endure it for a long while till it's over.

If the means of collecting XP allow for decent comebacks and aren't too much of a deciding favour, this could end up not being that bad.

The art style is kinda meh. It's simplistic, not too bad but nothing special.

Whenever someone says "from the developers of" they actually mean "from the interns at the offices of" or "from the lead designer who had nothing to do with the success of".

Go back to your little pit of filthy tinfoil hats you retard, honestly.

You kill players, kill their summoned creatures at specific points on the map, or summon and upgrade creatures yourself.

Wait, does that give you XP or consume it?
What's the resource for summoning and upgrading minions? Or you just do it when possible?

I don't know how much I like the game but if you didn't get the founders pack for free you probably shouldn't waste your time. The cards give you anywhere from 50 (common) to 300 (legendary) crowns and you only earn one a day unless you play way too much.

Combat isn't anything special since you usually just have 5 dudes contesting a single point. It's infinitely easier to defend than attack so it's not like you can really split your team up to try and capture a different point and if your whole team leaves then you end up with two blobs chasing each other around the map.

Summons are kind of a cool idea but each point usually has a "mandatory" creature and dragons/towers are just garbage so you don't really have the options you think you do.

You get exp for summoning monsters or being near teammates that summon a monster as well as badges that count towards some quests/rewards.

You choose 3 summons before going into the queue. Each of those summons is good for 2 uses before you can't pick that creature again and each one has an advanced form you can upgrade to by spending levels of your ultimate bar. The beginners take 1 level of ultimate to upgrade and the advanced creatures take 2 or 3 but they have much more HP, powerful attacks, and defensive/map abilities.
Like the normal cerberus has a really telegraphed charge attack but the shadow cerberus dashes 3-4 times in quick succession and from different angles so it's much more deadly. Or the tree puts healing flowers on the field that you can pick up for a bit of health but the winter tree's flowers also explode to freeze nearby enemies when you pick them up.

What said. The game has a good level of depth to it that's not immediately visible on the surface level. Being forced to decide when it's worth it to save your ult charge or use it to upgrade your creatures is important. It forces you to think about your actions.

Gigantic is fine.

It encourages lots of little fights and team fights, and there's no laning or side objectives to deal with. The controls and the battles themselves feel pretty good; you get a few skills, and then get to modify them with a small talent tree to fit either preference or situation. A majority of the characters have some sort of movement ability, so lots of fights involve people flying around, doing backflips, blinking, dashing, etc. and it feels hectic but never overwhelming. I think someone mentioned earlier that fleeing from a fight when it isn't going well is totally viable and has an rather high chance of success, especially when compared to other MOBAs. This, again, ties into my statement of the game "encourages lots of little fights and team fights"; there isn't a lot of risk with each individual fight. I also like how they handle "ultimate abilities"; they're not tied to a cooldown or just something that charges up slowly over time, but only charge when you deal damage. You can also use the ultimate to either upgrade one of your creatures, use it for a big attack, or let it keep charging to get a bigger version of your ultimate. It should also be noted that a lot of the ultimates are not the table turning, earth shattering attacks from Overwatch, but short duration, large area stun or single target bursts.

As for negatives, the roster seems quite small, even for being a new game. I remember poking my head in Battleborn about a week ago to see how it was, and I just hated looking at every character's design. There was something grotesque about each one of them. Thankfully, Gigantic's characters are easier on the eyes, but there's not a whole lot to pick from. Couple that with the IV drip of coins they give you to buy new characters, and you'll quickly get tired of seeing and playing the same 5 or 6 characters over and over. The roles the characters fill in battle seems kinda blurry; they're all designated as caster, bruiser, support and such, but once a fight starts, there doesn't feel like there's a lot of incentive to not just go all into the fight and leave your teammates to fend for themselves. Which again, lots of fights, and fighting feels good, but why bother having a team if this is how it goes?

At its best, it's a pretty good free to play MOBA which needs an audience and a little time to grow.
At its worst, it's an inoffensive attempt to ride the wave of MOBA, hocking cosmetics and daily quests.

I legitimately hate this. It makes the game less about "playing well" and more about "not playing bad" while removing the possibility of comebacks.

The small roster is a serious issue. I think the only new guy they added in 2 years was Ramsey since I remember all the others from the alpha test.

Why? If you play well, you get more of said reward, if you don't you lag behind. Playing well is after all not playing bad.

The possibility for comebacks is still there depending on how the game is designed and this is pretty much up to the Devs. HotS for instance has a lot of secondary objectives that a losing team can contest to re-gain the upper hand, Paladins only requires that you change your engagement rules and even Overwatch sees at least an Ult finally coming up that, if well used, let's you turn the tables.

It's really not that different from standard arena shooters and the major pickups that can afford you a massive advantage if you hog them all but a good player can still make comebacks by playing smart and the game is made so that you can't hog everything (shields and super shields have different spawn timers for this reason, for instance).

It's also an important thing for team-based games since it makes it so you have to rely on your team instead of autistically lone-wolfing the whole game, invalidating anything they or the opposing team do.
I quite prefer these kind of things instead of having a single player be the "DPS Carry" winning the game alone.

Snek > Burd
This is the absolute truth.

I was considering trying this game

please tell me it's nothing like league of legends

You're league of legends

that looks like shit

Because otherwise you have retards complaining about needing their team to play a team-based game. They'll complain about being locked in a particular role, that they can't do anything other than that or that nobody does that role properly when they aren't playing it.

It's shit but it's what you get when appealing to this crowd, a complete breakdown from what team-based is supposed to be.

it's nothing like league of legends

isn't this a (((windows 10))) exclusive? i guess i can give it a shot if somebody pirates a version compatible with windows 7.

im growing to hate windows so much i dont know how much longer i can even keep this trash installed. what am i going to do 5 years from now? vidya on linux and mac is still severely lacking.

I played it on Win7. It's not exclusive to Win10.

But Burd's voice, user

Does it hold you back from being good?
Like are there tons of heavily tested mechanics to bring down everyone's effectiveness?

Such as?

He means "do I have to rely on my team to play the game or am I gonna be killed if I lone wolf 1v5?"

Is it merely pretending to be a shooter?

Teamwork is fine. You like MOBA abilities huh?

You're not making any sense and assumptions don't make good replacement for that.

I do like abilities since you can do far more creative things with it than if it was all tied to a gun, not to mention they can run parallel to whatever weapon you are using currently.
I still prefer guns, but skills do complement them quite well.

Are you merely pretending to be retarded?
It's in third person and several characters are melee only, why are you assuming this is a shooter?

Not that I've ever seen. It's always an easy button or a don't hurt me button or a stun.

Sounds like a shooter.

You haven't played many of these games then.

wew

You're a pathetic cuck.

So? Sneks are cooler

Gigantic was always that kind of game though, and Paladins was always class/loadout-based, but got retooled to be more close quarters because nobody liked the way it played before. Most of these games had been planned out and started development long before OW showed up, it's just that Blizzard has good marketing and a legion of drones who dont mind being findom'd by a company that hasn't released a good game in over a decade

It's literally just a class-based third-person shooter with different objectives than you'd normally get

It was, but they realized that was retarded and released on Arc and now Steam

You can carry teams in team-based games with higher health pools. I used to do it all the time in (((Global Agenda)))
You just have to actually be good on a consistent basis and not just luck out with a "clutch" win

Lots of third person shooters have either basic melee combat or melee-focused classes. It's nothing new

Also abilities are the same as guns/grenades/etc, it's just different presentation and never really seems to include good resource management. There are plenty of shooters that ease up on resource management in the same way though, with reloads and grenades being infinite or practically infinite

No he's right, it looks like genuine generic assfaggots cartooony bullshit.

i like how theres a loli with a big ass ghost sword. but why would you compare it to overwatch or paladins?