X86/ARM based handhelds

What are some of the best handhelds out there that aren't Nintendo/Sony made? Do you think we'll see UMPCs come back in the GPDs form factor? Is there a decent market for such a device to be needed?

How is the GPD, do any anons have one and have shit to say? Same for XD.

Why the fuck did Nvidia drop the good form factor of the portable and decide making explosives in the shape of tablets was the next logical step? Why did they release a update to cripple the fucking thing as well.

What would be a handheld that you'd want?

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2017/02/06/cisco_intel_decline_to_link_product_warning_to_faulty_chip/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

explain pls

also did they ever update the GPD Win? I wanna emulate PS2 games on the thing

Seriously what the fuck am I supposed to do with a tablet and a separate controller. Where is shield portable 2?

I think there's a new version out that is better about streaming from a desktop.

I have a gpd xd. It was worth the 180 to get me across the country without getting bored.

Both are complete shit. SPARC, RISC-V, and POWER are better.

aaaaa

Give me some portable products that use that, sounds good for me

user is your enter button fucked up or something?

Its all I got user, when shitposting via mobile.

It was fine up until they aggressively pushed the Android 5 "upgrade" onto the portable (just like Microcock with Windows 10). It was a blatantly untested pile of shit, as anyone could observe within 5 minutes of turning it on. In addition to breaking apps, it removed games that came bundled with the handheld, and brought a fuck-ton of bugs, most of which will never be fixed.

One of the egregious problems is the speaker volume bug. If you used the speakers at all, the volume would wildly fluctuate between inaudible and ear-shattering loud regardless of volume setting. It took more than a year of lobbying from the community to get the retarded cunts to fix it. Even then, the bug still persists, but with less severity.

Other bugs remain unaddressed. The reason they pushed the update in the first place - it supports their shitty on-demand game streaming service. Who wouldn't want to pay a monthly subscription to stream Xbox 360 games from a laggy cloud network on a wifi connection? Stay the fuck away from Nvidia, especially the Shield variants.

Pic related: Nvidia programmer

I really wanted a shield too. I like the aesthetics of it.

Stop putting ARMShit on a fucking pedastol and get an Intel Atom or AMD Cat Core as soon as AMD uncucks themselves in the mobile space finally based device and you'll realize just how shitty ARM really is at pretty much everything

Apparently gpd is making a win2 in 2018 but they don't want to release too many details and have potential buyers stop buying the old stock.

Any recommendations for Atom hardware?

The fuck even are these things anyway.

A handheld with all the power of a "gaming" laptop? If that?

theregister.co.uk/2017/02/06/cisco_intel_decline_to_link_product_warning_to_faulty_chip/

found you, jew.

Update ruined emulation shit, and now it'll stutter when it feels like it with no real reason. Made playing DS a pain in the ass on it. Sucks since Android has the fucking best emulator for it as well.

You can emulate a couple, need to fuck around with PCSX2 to do it, but it's at least something.

Never ever at this point. It's shit.

Looks like a nice system, doesn't it use a custom ROM or shit though?

Pandora is shit. Fragile as well, a small drop fucked both my shoulder buttons. It's basically a PSP in terms of emulators.

Suggest some good portable ones. Only thing I know of is the GPD Win, and also had the Smach-Z before that went to shit albeit that was using a AMD CPU I'm pretty sure. Could be wrong.

This is great and all but can I summon demons on any of these?

I'm willing to get a DragonBox Pyra when it finally comes out and if they fulfill the specifications

They better fix that button layout, because it looks atrocious

tablets, get a controller add-on and use that. Otherwise, the Android-based portables are the best. Those linux or windows portable computers are not worth the price considering what you get. You could build a Pi handheld for far cheaper if you needed a handheld computer.
Anyone who buys the Pyra or any other of the handheld computers shouldn't expect to really play many games post-2000.

Yeah, the xd has a custom rom, though its not the worst thing ever.

It looks like they're fixing at least the most obvious problems that the pandora had but its still stupid expensive. Id probably play it for emulation like x68000 and pc-fx and other things if it was less pricey.

I'm not saying they aren't nice for a lot of things, like emulation but for older PC games they're pretty lame. I spent 6 months trying to figure out how to play starcraft one an android tablet, and all i got was a lame crashy mess of the game, without control groups. Just get a 5 volt mini PC that runs windows.