Pokemon Rom Hacks

After playing the fuck out of all the official games on my GBA I still wasn't satiated, so I turned to romhacks. I remember being amazed at their existence. I want to get back into them, but don't know what completed romhacks are worth playing. A lot of the ones I played as a kid were in beta, so I'd be left half way through the game, unable to progress. Also, romhack general.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DIcrvv_-Ij0bLgl2yc9Ah7wqeAFbTWcgRuKma4tgueo/htmlview?sle=true#
dropbox.com/s/nepuj1hjwfwa0qq/polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-9685aa5.ips?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/frku71yv4bduj8c/polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-faithful-9685aa5.ips?dl=0
files.catbox.moe/akojrf.png
github.com/roukaour/polishedcrystal
romhacking.net/hacks/1420/
youtu.be/ENbj1sB_558
youtu.be/1rnYSdLuw-k
capx.wikia.com/wiki/Demo
oneangrygamer.net/2017/03/pokemon-sage-fan-project-nearly-implodes-due-to-sjw-politics/26911/
wiki.telefang.net/Wikifang:Telefang_1_Translation_Patch#Version_111
dropbox.com/sh/g0exdjc1rdlkg4z/dZAAdIcVGB
archive.is/2CEv6
viipii.crabdance.com/
projectpokemon.org/forums/forums/topic/31407-pokemon-mystery-dungeon-2-psy_commandos-tools-and-research-notes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you like cute girls, play touhoumon and moemon.

Pokemon Reborn
The best gameplay I've ever seen in a Pokemon game.
BUT, and this is a big but, everything that isn't gameplay is complete shit. The world, the story, the characters, everything. Skip any and all dialogue and/or text boxes that pop up and the game could be enjoyable.

Pokemon Adventures: Red edition
The best Pokemon romhack I've played. Has an actual story and characters unlike most Pokemon games. Gameplay is solid.

i honestly dont even know how to get Adventures running. i never have. The .ups patch is fucked and you need to ignore errors when patching a clean fucking rom. the rom you can download on site is hidden behind AD infested websites and jsut doesnt work with any emulator. honestly i want to play it but its just such a fucking meme

Touhou Puppet Play.

can confirm moemon emerald has really cute pokemon

Not a hack, it's built from scratch.

Well fuck. At least it seems it's not abandoned.

I'm gonna write those down. I've actually started playing pokemon polished crystal since making this thread (discovered it through the friday night thread.) Also, what do? I only have 1 pokeball.

liquid crystal is weird so far (2 gym battles) with sound glitches, out of place gen 3 mons, and these edgy OC rivals

You should've made this thread a couple of months ago when I was looking into romhacks as well.
I had compiled a bunch of completed, entirely custom gba romhacks and converted them into CIAs to play them on the 3DS.

Now I can't even remember their names apart from Pokemon Naranja.
I also think there was something based off of crystal but butter

Liquid Crystal may be poorly written but at least it is a fresh experience.

The game your looking is called crystal dust unless your referring to a gen 2 hack then this is not the game your looking for. It is incomplete which makes it disappointing.

I think I'd rather not have a shitty experience, no matter how fresh it is

You will love Crystal Dust if you hated Liquid Crystal for its awful changes in story but unfortunately it is very incomplete.

Have you gotten to Kanto yet? Have you seen what the writers did to Silver's backstory?

Why.

save states you stupid fuck

Prism is great, and it's nearly done with the additions the new dev team is following through on despite the C&D. This google doc is the only resource you need:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DIcrvv_-Ij0bLgl2yc9Ah7wqeAFbTWcgRuKma4tgueo/htmlview?sle=true#

4/vp/ made a hack called Clover where just about every fakemon is a meme, which is good or bad depending on your point of view. Regardless, the game is structured solidly, and there's even a wondertrade mechanic to spice up replays. Not finished, but done up to E4+a little postgame, enough to be a worthwhile playthrough.

Shinygold's good but it's just a clone of gen 2 in gen 3. Shinygold Sigma is a further edit of SG but with pokemon all the way up to Alola.

the pokemons of these games are irreal.

They probably removed shit because there wasn't enough room in the games memory otherwise.

Isn't this the one that added a bunch of retarded types like gas and wood?

Yeah, nah. They're just cunts.

Those types got removed due to not enough pokemon having the new types. Gas and sound were the only ones the devs kept. The version you played is also way different than the final version.

yeah, gas and sound. Some minor other attack types. It's not too intrusive though, there's only like 10-12 different mons with the added or changed typings so it's not too weird. I liked it even

But pokemon prism had 296 without removing anything and added way more shit beyond just pokemon

Has anyone here played the Ruby Destiny series? It is a classic.

I played through the whole thing. I enjoyed the game. Not because it is good, but because I enjoyed seeing how they can edit the story to make it retarded and the new content to go with the game.

The Orange Islands battle theme is badass in LC. I know I heard this from some other Pokemon game but what is the original track.

It's alright, I appreciate some work in it. My flashcart is coming though, so I may play soulsilver or a ds romhack

These aren't romhacks but they are pokemon related. Have you played these two games? What are your thoughts on these two games?

Basically Pokemon, but everything's candy. Abuses the fuck out of double battles. Overall game design is rather underwhelming in terms of balance, though. Abuses the fuck out of double battles.

But what about double battles?

Try looking up Pokemon Vega, has a completely different region, decent fakemon for the most part, and a simple story that avoids the usual darker/edgier motif. Also has an okay prequel (Altair/Sirius) and a sequel in the works.

I have, though I only completely finished the first one (post-game events and all). It was several years since I played them all in earnest, and looking back I never realized how mediocre or outright shitty they were. Story was hilarious and fakemon awful (with the angel/god thing being a literal Dragonair recolor), though there was a decent amount of content and unique ideas here and there. Still think the Ruby Destiny series is the only one that attempted and did an okay job of modding PMD mechanics into the main Gen 3 games.

What ever happened to Pokemon Sage?

Apparently there was internal problems because of the election, they say they are still working on it.

kek well at least they didn't crash and burn.

When it comes to fucking around with compiled programs, it's always easier to replace/edit something than add something additional.
To add something, you need to figure out how much larger portions of the game actually work to get your addition properly used.

It's a shame, since the concept was pretty cool.

It's not complete but the main part of the story has been done for years

Like 95% of all trainers battles are double ones. Great if you're into stuff like Colosseum, I guess.

I personally enjoy playing Sigma Emerald with Moemon added on. I enjoy more minimal hacks compared to others.

Some user posted about polished crystal on another thread…
It's pretty good.
New version coming soon with all the good additions and not a beta so saves will be safe.

Coincidentally started Vega today. Up to the third gym city. It combines regular mons and the occasional fakemon, which are well-designed both in look(imo) and gameplay value. The routes so far have been a cut above the typical straight line+trainers most region hacks produce, as well as being longer. While the typical trainer is almost GSC-tier underleveled, the gym leaders and team admins are much stronger and require more strategizing than you may be used to. I think it's a good balance because it allows you to level up newly-caught pokemon off of trainers while maintaining boss difficulty. So far I'd rate it 8/10, lighthearted characters being an added bonus to a hacked game.

To add more than 255 moves and Pokemon (Which by the way, you can actually only have 253 Pokemon as the 254th and 255th slot are taken by the Egg and "Cancel" value), you need to change the data structure of how the game handles Pokemon and moves, which requires a lot of rewriting code. It's possible, but time consuming.

It's not as simple as "just add more Pokemon dude".

FUCK. I've already started playing it. Hope it can be repatched without messing anything up.

iirc, the save should be fine-ish if you save within a Pokemon Center before you patch it. That's the best chance you'll have for things to be fine. Make a back up before attempting to repatch it though incase it doesn't work.

Help me plan my Crystal team. So far I have

I don't know what the rest 3 should be. Ideally some good type coverage.

You have two flying types, so find something that can take on electric and rock types. I'd get a NidoKANG.

Fire Red Omega is a good for a hack that remains mechanically pure while upping the difficulty and giving almost everything on one cart.

Pokemon Vega was a good attempt at a largely original game, with a whole new region and some decent fakemon. Gym Leaders are a bit too hard though.

Pokemon XG (for Gale of Darkness) is nifty just for the uniqueness of a 3D game hack. Adds fairy and XY's type matchups, plus a physical/special split in addition to making all the enemies have much stronger teams.

251 hack or vanilla?

Can't go wrong with Abra or Gastly if you can setup a trade to evolve them or your hack allows an alternate evolution method. Most of the odd-egg results are pretty decent.

To add to this, Pokemon are indexed by their numbers, which in gen 2 are 8 bits. With an 8-bit integer, you only have room for 256 distinct values. 0 is reserved as a null value in the programming, and Celebi is 251. That only leaves 4 extra pokemon slots that can possibly be indexed.
With moves, it's not so much the indexing, but the fact that you can not move data on the cartridge, because everything is referenced by a memory address. You have to find a place to put it where it can be accessed by the rest of the game, without having to modify the rest of the game (because you likely don't have the ability to do so without reverse engineering the entire game, which could take an expert programmer over a year to do). You'd have a better time disassembling the game, reorganizing the disassembly, rewriting portions to be readable and commenting it thoroughly, and essentially rewriting the parts of the game you want to change, which is more work than making a new game from scratch would be in the first place, because reverse engineering is quite difficult and time consuming.

Romhacks aren't the same thing as making a new game; you are fucking around in a compiled binary and it's hard enough to change anything at all without bringing the house down.

New Polished Crystal beta patch

Normal
dropbox.com/s/nepuj1hjwfwa0qq/polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-9685aa5.ips?dl=0

Faithful
dropbox.com/s/frku71yv4bduj8c/polishedcrystal-3.0.0-beta-faithful-9685aa5.ips?dl=0

Also, massive spoilers if you're interested, but here's the entire game map as of the latest version

files.catbox.moe/akojrf.png

Are there any quality romhacks for the games past Crystal? I don't care about fakemons at all.
I'm playing Prism right now, probably not going to try Polished Crystal for a while.

Here's muh team. Been wanting to switch Azumarill out for ages, but had nothing decent to replace it with so it kinda stuck around and it's tanky as fuck.
Not sure which pokemon to put in the last spot. Either a fighter or a fire pokemon. Thinking of Machoke, Magmar, or Magcargo.

Do I just not like Pokemon anymore?

Any gen 2 hacks that are compatible with Pokemon Stadium 2?

Link to the changelog or even a complete list of changes? I found a one but it didn't cover everything. My feraligatr is a water/dark type and the list I have never mentions that.

Prism is my favorite Romhack

github.com/roukaour/polishedcrystal

Yeah it's pretty good. The story is alright so far. I'm at Saxifrage at the moment which was pretty fun to go through.

No, it's just that being able to fast-forward is the best part of an emulator.

I had no such issues taking a rom from my no-intro collection and applying the patch. Note that Fire Red NA has two revisions and you need the original one.

Stop and wait
You're GONNA have to start over when the definitive 3.0 version comes out and there's been a lot of bugfixes

Some enjoyable hacks I recommend:

If I'm playing the 3.0 beta am I good?

holy shit pokemon reborn

there's probably more, but that's what i remember the most. haven't played the most recent update, though, so i'm probably behind

While Polished Crystal seems like a good mod, it does beg the question..

Why not just play HG/SS? This mod adds a lot of post-gen 2 stuff so you might as well just play the remakes.

If you want an actual "improved vanilla" or definitive Crystal version, get this: romhacking.net/hacks/1420/

Holy shit is this for real?

i didn't take screenshots, but i found the part of the game with the tower

youtu.be/ENbj1sB_558

skip to 7:45 for the gender identity lecture if you want a laugh, but remember to mute the vid to avoid the let's player's shitty voice. this next vid shows the circus intro

youtu.be/1rnYSdLuw-k

skip to 2:05 to see totally-not-rainbow-dash. again, bonus points if you can stand the let's player's voice acting for the characters.

I bet the author is working the Treehouse department at Nintendo.

Why tho

Holy shit you can't make this up

HG/SS ruined the artstyle and didn't fixed the fucked level curve. They also replaced best pokegirl.

WHY PUT THAT IN THERE ITS NOT EVEN SUBTLE

Isn't that the game where you call your monsters on a cell phone? I think I played something like that except it was called pokemon jade. I got stuck and couldn't finish it though.

Are there any lewd romhacks?

Theres that moe one.

That's lewd? I thought that was just pokemon sprites edited to let them look like little girls.

What do you want from me? Not everyone is a fucking furry like you.

It was called Telefang.
You played bootleg version of it.

Disgusting.

2.0 for pokemon sage literally released a few hours ago:

capx.wikia.com/wiki/Demo

That being said, sage isn't a romhack, it's made in rpgmaker.

t. former dev for the project

I started prism a while ago but never finished it. It was pretty good, but overall felt super limited by the game it's built around, and got too tedious for me at a couple of points.

I should probably finish playing it though.

Gen 2 frontsprites and backsprites were nice but that's about it.

I'll never understand this
Could've used gamemaker or some shit

I wasn't a part of the project way back when the engine was being decided on so I can't tell you what the pros-cons would have been, but I agree that it sucks that you can't play Sage on a mobile device.

I've seriously considered buying one those 200$ mobile emulator things that can run windows just to play sage on the go.

If you had to give the game a % of completion, what would you say?

Oh shit. Which version? I think up to 2003 or something has been ported to the Vita.

RPG Maker XP

In terms of content completion? Probably around 40%-45%, but in terms of how long it will take to get the remaining stuff done, that's not really predictable. The amount of time it takes to get the same quanitity of content done isn't nesscarily the same, and there's non content related stuff that takes time: 2.0 was "content complete" way back in march, for example.

Jesus that map is huge

Jesus those numbers are huge

Or gen 1 hacks with Stadium 1 compatibility.

Who?

Keep it in your pants, Schoolboy user.

you ruined the collector

I also don't think it will ever get completed. Just like any projects full of idea guys.

Sounds like they may still yet if these retards are running the project.
oneangrygamer.net/2017/03/pokemon-sage-fan-project-nearly-implodes-due-to-sjw-politics/26911/

What a fucking shithow. Though, coming from 4cucks, I'm not at all surprised it turned out that way.

That's some pathetic shit. Are those niggers going to add gender identity politics into the game as well? What a fucking mess.

oh fug

I've lost track of how many projects I've seen die over the years because of dumb drama like this. Why are anons so bad at working together?

If t. dev is still here I hope he reads this.
I like Sage too much for it to die like this, from bickering and breaking, the sagemon designs are too good to throw all that work out the window.
I also wanyed to ask how you got the illustrations to look like… who was it? Sugimori's designs?

What's the difference between the two?

also both links are dead

Autism.
No really.
They can't just let shit slide, or let it roll of their shoulders.

Jesus fuck, AoL was a mistake. Get these faggots off of my network.

That on top of political discussion where there's really no fucking need for it. That shit always ruins projects if it's left unmoderated, because one faggot will always be louder and drag the entire group into things and shit is just downhill from there.

There is not a single reason why you would need an "off-topic" channel related to a project in the first place. If you want a circle jerk do it somewhere completely removed from the project, preferably without the people you work on said project with.
Honestly I think people really just can't help themselves.

Time to send an email to Nintendo and let these cunts choke on some C&Ds.

Since when does anyone on imageboards care about racism or being told to kill themselves? That shit was pretty much part of normal discourse since day one.
You can tell none of these people were on halfchan before 2010.

Yup, definitely someone who seems to be telling the truth and isn't in any way biased himself. A trustworthy person.

I'd have more respect for this type of person if they were just honest about their terrible personality instead of hiding behind layers of obvious fake shit and passive-aggressiveness.
Disgusting.

Yeah, we can't have somebody getting teased on the internet, can we?
You faggots are pathetic. You're all for the baby's until somebody who agrees with you politically throws a shitfit. If you can't put up with being told to kill yourself on the internet, go to Reddit instead, or Gaia.

The hypocrisy is what gets me.

s/baby's/bants/
I'm on the toilet and posting from a phone is shit.
I'll say I don't agree with anybody in this situation, and I don't believe what the SJW is saying. I'm just sitting on somebody who is freaking out over somebody being told to kill themselves online.

It sounds more like he was trying to work on the game but the leftists he was working with would rather shit on him for having an opinion. I don't blame the writer for fucking off if they can't even get past a person's opinions on a subject.

It's what they are. The tactics they use are "valid and excusable" because the ends justify the means. When somebody uses it against them, it's "disgusting and deplorable". It's the only way they've ever operated.

I don't believe it's completely one-sided, but you know how those fags go about things. They'll try to get the majority to agree you need to be removed and so it shall be done. All over something completely unrelated to the project itself.

No one's freaking out that Writer got told to kill himself. What's rage-inducing is how they're trying to downplay it as "teasing", when it's very clear they hate his beliefs and were taking it out on him.

I doubt the average faggot will know the whole story but sjws rarely deviate from their MO so what the writer said sound very plausible considering the screencaps and how these things tend to go. Let's not forget mattress girl.

That's basically what I'm saying.

You missed my point user. Besides, it was the faggots whining that the guy that got kicked got 'too personal' with his bantz. Then again, what can you expect from mudslime dick suckers.

I was in the chats with all those people when it went down. That article is a mess of half truths and outright bullshit the author just pulled out of his ass. Here's what happened:

Carson and Smokey can be passive aggressive assholes in debates. They clashed heavily with "The writer" in the off topic chats where we talk about video games and anime or whatever other random bullshit. As the article implies, Carson and Smokey have views that are pretty far left on a few things, and "The writer" have views that are pretty far right. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue: I support GG, think cultural appropriation is a load of horseshit, etc, wheras Carson thinks the opposite, yet me and carson get along fine.

The issue was that there was a string of particular spats between those 3 people that got particularly nasty, where even after the debate ended, instead of everybody making up and us getting along, as is typical and required in a project like this that has like 30 people that all have differing views on stuff, they kept being hostile and acted like jerks to each other.

But, even if this was a constant air of bullshit in the off topic chats that I tried to get them all to knock off, Smokey and Carson they never let this bleed over into on-topic work chats. "The Writer" wasn't the same. "The Writer" became paranoid and every critique of his subpar work was because of his political beliefs instead of the fact of how stupid he was or how poor his work was. On top of that, "The Writer" routinely misled the rest of the project due to his position in plotchat and straight up lied to others to prop himself and his work up despite the fact that others called him out on his behavior. Eventually, "The Writer" began making personal attacks on other contributors IN working chats, including shit like saying "Your dad must have not have beaten you hard enough" to somebody else who had an abusive father.This wasn't in off-topic, this was in on-topic. His poor contributions, his inability to separate personal from business, and his actions that caused delays lead to his expulsion.

There was zero crackdown of people based on political opinions. It was just 3 people acting like dicks, and 1 person in particularly happening to go to far. If it was a SJW infestation or whatever, I would have been the first one to go. If you actually care about GG (because I do), then you should hate that article as much as you do kotaku and polygon, because honestly it's just as inaccurate and full of agenda pushing bullshit as their stuff, if not worse.

Feel free to ask further questions.

Also, a random example of that article outright just making shit up:

The article implies sage left halfchan due to GG happening in late 2014, when in reality, we left halfchan in march of 2014 before GG even existed. I even reached out to "The writer" after I saw that article to ask him why the hell it says that and if he told them that, and he said no, so that was something that oneangrygamer just completely made up.

So basically it's a tempest in a teapot.

How's the game coming along?

I'd still like to know how you guys got the Sugimori style down so well for a lot of your sagemon

Piss off and admit the project is dying.

Sage is an SJW project now and it shows. With all the tumblr migrants who think it's cool to be a cuckchanner, it's no surprise that Sage is dead.

/vp/'s userbase nowadays is mostly consisted of ftm trannies from you guessed it, tumblr. Today, Sage's staff is mostly these people anyways. Where do you think they got the artists to do the Pokemon designs?

Red++ is one of the best romhacks I've played.
>It's actually challenging if you pick the Hard patch

You played one of the versions of Keitai Denjuu Telefang (IIRC Jade is the Speed version). A translation has been worked on since 2011 if you want to play it: wiki.telefang.net/Wikifang:Telefang_1_Translation_Patch#Version_111

We have an artist that does it, who also makes absurdly well done battle and overworld sprites, overworld tiles, and also did the really fucking amazing intro animation.

Dude's talented at everything and he's chill as fuck, he's the hero sage needed but didn't deserve.

Fine. I'm not in the actual development chats anymore so I only know what I hear from other people, but everything seems to be going fine.

Cycling road, Route 13 (which I think is shit and I had a great concept for it that would have been better but oh well) Vivace City are both done, and are content that comes after where 2.0 ends, and route 12 and the evil team HQ are currently being worked on. Pics related, though the route 13 image here I don't think is the final version.

Nice shitpost. I challenge you to find a single thing in the 2.0 demo that's tumblr or SJW-ish. The closest thing you'll find is that the evil team admin has a tumblr half buzzcutt, but she's an idiot brute who can't think straight.

Right there in the article, someone changed the woman's overworld sprite to be shittier and prominently less femine version of its former self, they even made this subtle edit of removing two pixels worth of cleavage on the sprite. How petty is that?

now thats some quality banter

Oh god I forgot the article said that, that was bullshit too. I'll go dig up the sprites in question for you and give you context for why those changes happened if you want in a little bit.

If you seriously think that Sage is organized or like-minded enough to agree to change a sprite due to some nebulous political agenda then you seriously overestimate out ability to co-oporate. We can't even agree to change shit even when it looks better half the time, let alone to make something look worse.

If it was just friendly shitposting and banter i'd agree but he was being dead serious about it in an actual serious debate in on topic chats.

I'm of the opinion that if somebodies contributions are good, it shouldn't matter how much of an asshole they are, even if they outright were a criminal or some shit, but the moment The Writer actually brought his bullshit into the on topic development chats and disrupted actual work being done was the moment when it became a problem.

Do Vega's gyms ever become less annoying? I'm up to the third one and they've each been about 10 levels above the other trainers in the area, it's a pain in the ass.
I guess it makes sense with how much the japs love grinding.

My nigger right here, shame the creator's a brony.

How do you even use romhacks? I don't have my 3ds anymore, so can I use an emulator?

You believe everything on the internet, don't you? The artist is a mentally unstable tranny. It's clear that you're not one of the original PS devs.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

How would that even work?

Are you capable of putting together a single post that's not just full of buzzwords? As far as I know, the artist is a dude. He's never linked us any of his work outside of sage or told us much about him, so I can't know for sure.

Also I joined the project in fall of 2013.

As long as they don't change any pokemon data or moveset data, it should be fine; in many cases it's fine even if they do, as long as pokemon numbers are what they should be and no moves have been changed or relocated.
The important thing is that Stadium can access the data in the form and location it expects.
I have no idea how this communication actually works though. I doubt Stadium does any sort of checksumming or move validation or anything.

If pokemon or moves have been changed, expect some sort of corruption. Chances are, you'll see the pokemon that the pokemon's number originally referenced, and same with all the moves.

The basis for your argument appears to entirely be criticising me for using buzzwords which is ridiculous considering that I am not using much at all.

Which is the exact time tumblr and reddit made /vp/ their bitch. You're not fooling anyone.

Believe what you want, user. I stopped playing pokemon after gen 4 and only got back into it back when XY was being announced, since a lot of the new features seemed interesting, so instead of sticking to Holla Forums, /m/, /3/, and /m/, I also started to browse /vp/, which is when I discovered the project.

Any time somebody brought up shit like diversity or whatever to sage, they got laughed out.

Because he's not presenting an arguement. He's just insisting that tumblr or reddit has to be responsible without providing any sort of evidence whatsoever and repeating cuck sjw tranny over and over.

quality b8 you got him to reply a few times

I play Rising Ruby on my jailbroken 3DS. It's breddy gud, just makes all of the trainer fights actually challenging, and changes up the habitats so you can get a more interesting party much faster. It's just a mod for Omega Ruby.

The gym leaders and other tough trainers all have a full six and they are quite a bit more interesting. The AI seems to be much more intelligent in general; they'll actually switch to a more suitable matchup if they see that your pokemon will annihilate theirs and they have a better one in their party. Gym leaders actually seem to have a strategy that encompasses their whole party instead of "LOL I USE FIRE DUDES." Flannery is all about Overheat fuckery and switching Pokemon so the stat changes go away for example. They also seem to be very good at covering their weaknesses. I started this game thinking "I'll just use the type that Gym X is weak against and it'll be cool right?" Nah, fucking anally annihilated. Was enjoyable actually having to strategize for once.

They do advise that you don't use XP share unless you are levelling up weak pokemon, otherwise it makes the game too easy with the overlevelling (they're right). They even change the dialog on the XP share to tell you this when you receive it.

The only really fucking annoying thing is that the Pokedex is useless for a lot of Pokemon until you get to Hoenn because for some retarded reason GF hardcoded a rule into the game that the Pokedex can't identify anything from there until you get there, and as I said before almost all of the habitats are totally changed.

As someone who is designing shit for fun I would really like to see this and your reasoning.

I see. If you're telling the truth then that's good. Still would have given Sage a try regardless.

also post some of the other chick's artwork. I remember seeing some quality waifus when someone was shilling it ages ago.

Sure, i'm in the middle of something right now but i'll look in a few minutes.

I don't think I was around for that particular sprite but I think I have access to the posts around that time for it at least on the board we used (though I won't have the chat logs).

Not sure what you mean by "other chick's artwork". but If you just wanna see the art in general (note I mean "art", not sprites) then pretty much all of the concept art except for the newer stuff over the past year or so is all here: dropbox.com/sh/g0exdjc1rdlkg4z/dZAAdIcVGB

The reason newer stuff isn't here is the person who runs this ran out of space.

Anyways here's some random sagegirls. etl.png is the evil team leader, "fireworks girl"is the fire gym leader, her design isn't final, "cOtwlRo.png" is the electric E4, her design is also not final but everybody loves this one so it'll probably get in with minimal changes, the two girls in "main cast burning" are the professor's assistant and the female protag, Stella is the steel gym leader

Those designs look dope.
Shame it's pixels.

And also this:

archive.is/2CEv6

I responded to that already in this thread, the article is bullshit

Seems like those skype screen-caps are genuine (unless there's some Holla Forums tool to tell if it's been shopped even when pixels line up?).
Plus, it's the left we've seen since Trump got into office that have reacted like this (insults and attacks when confronted).

Where theres smoke, theres usually a liberal arts student burning a book written by a white man.

Yeah I meant "other chicks'". It's late. I remember the evil team leader one.
Really? I don't find her that special. Kind of bland actually. Maybe cause her fucking nose is missing.

Stella is great though. I like dirty girls in overalls.

Alright, so, firstly, I don't even really get the argument that the newer one here looks less feminine or whatever. It's the same design, the newer one is just less sloppily done and fits into our other OW sprite in terms of consistency more.

For context, here's a bunch of other overworld NPC sprites, hopefully you can see the style we were trying to go for and how the newer one matches it better. Regarding the clevage, it's actually still present in the newer one if you look, it's just not proportioned retardedly: the old one, at least to me, makes her breasts look like the size of fucking basketballs. You can see a similar proportional change in one of the other female OW's here. It's simply how NPC sprites are proportioned. We litterally have a "naked" template for different body types for each gender that each OW sprite has to be built off of, two of which you can see here; which the older ones weren't based on.

Still trying to find exactly when the change for that particular sprite happened though for you guys.

Oh the screencaps themselves are real (though cherrypicked out of context), sorry if I implied otherwise, just the overall accusation that the person got kicked due to their political opinions or that the project is infested with SJW's isn't accurate. As I said, things absolutely got nasty and heated between the 3 people, but that was just due to them having personal spats *involving* politics, not any sort of crackdown of opinions over people's political opinions. The writer got kicked due to them having a paranoid fit in on topic development chats, wheras the other 2 people acting like assholes kept it to the off topic ones.

You are talking to the person in Sage, who, even moreso then the writer, hates SJW bullshit the most. If it were truly taken over by SJW's, I would be bitching and moaning about it the loudest.

Of course they have to look slightly out of proportion, it's a quick visual way to identify the sprites. The people who made the classic the correct version version of tomb raider had the same problem when dealing with low poly 3d models. They opted to exaggerate proportions to show the player that character is a girl. Your new models give of the impression you cut off their feminine features. NES dragon quest had the best female sprites during the era, you guys should have taken a page from them.

If you hate the SJWs so much, then why do you allow them on the dev team? Why do you allow them to do the art?

What context is their to attack someone over their father being culturally enriched by a muslim and hoping it happens again?
If it's over "spats" and politics- there's only one way I can see an argument escalating that badly that someone goes that low.

Not to mention the article says the guy was booted by a guy and 3 other other people who weren't around having more than one person work on a plot is retarded, but anyway, that coupled with the language (flipping between trying to sound authoritative, edgy insults, someone trying to half-heartedly reign the others in), something doesn't add up.

Of course it doesn't. The whole thing is a damage control attempt at the realization that they were the bad guy, coupled with doubling down on being huge dicks in spite of that realization.

welcome back, b8man

Are these guys literal niggers

Probably not, as they are literal SJWs who tend to be rich white kids.

Who are you replying to? I asked a question.

Looks like this game is gonna have some quality brown girls.

Christ, THESE are the devs of sage? I would rather avoid that shit altogether.

I meant to type 2nd pic

It kind of makes sense when you consider SJW try to go for power-grabs (or people who like power/attention use SJW tactics)
> Only a few anons actually know how to make a game, so they become defacto "in charge".
You still need people to help organize it, so that's where the SJW would come in- looking to control a group to settle ego.

I dunno, maybe its because of doing GG stuff in the past or pretty much all of 2016 to now that I'm just seeing any asshole as that.

Seems like the art is top notch. Some of the sprites are good. All you can hope is the music is, the game's balanced after being based on Pokemon, and the devs don't push shit (harder since SJW have co-opted and warped "children's morals" you'd get in games like this as their own. Everyone deserves a chance, never let someone be treated with disrespect, etc).
Or just hope it dies and someone else rebuilds it from what's left over.

I get what you mean, but you have to remember that Sage is tied to a specific art style and visual design: It's emulating gen 4 of pokemon, and following GF's design decisions and trends is a big part of the project.

A good instance of this is when moves are assigned, we just don't go "oh, fire blast, what pokemon do we have that that makes sense on", we go "oh, how did gamefreak distrubute this move", and we look at what gamefreak pokemon get it and try to figure out their distrubiton patterns and follow those even if we don't understand why: as an example: there's a ton of pokemon that have nothing to do with water that get surf, but most of them seem to be vaugely monster-esque. Our best guess for this is that GF distrubtes the move to pokemon that look like kaiju as a godzilla reference, so we do the same.

It's based on latin america, the same way, say, Unova in Gen 5 is based on new york and Kalos in gen 6 is based on france. We've actually had a few ACTUAL sjw's praise the project due to this like it's some major achievement that a pokemon game has minorities in it, as if the official games aren't all filled with asians, which we think is hilarious.

The same context for the Writer to have made the comment about being abused by their father? It was in the middle of a huge shistorm? Again, you could make dozens and dozens of screencaps like that of the person who got kicked acting just as badly and making equally retarded comments.

The difference is that The writer had his outbursts in on topic chats, and the other people being assholes (which they were called out on, by me and others, and I STILL bring up how they were being assholes in our off topic chats a lot) just did it in off topic. That's ultimately why this person was kicked.

The first pic was before the main shistorm even happened: That was purely in reference to the person acting incompetent in reference to actual project development stuff. They constantly miscommunicated with other areas of the project in ways that screwed up stuff getting done. It was only after he was confronted on that, as that screencap shows, that he launched into this thing about being persecuted for his opinions and insisting that's why he was being kicked.

What do you expect to happen when you put 30 autists in a room from halfchan and Holla Forums and ask them to make a game? I'm not gonna deny there's dumb petty arguements frequently, there is, but the assertion that it;s run by radical leftists who ban people who disagree with them is just arguably incorrect.

Nigger please
You don't know what a minority is even if you became one
t. a guy from real minority

I know only a bit about sage but the Delicious Brown Not!Lusamine is hot, please post more

Nice OC

The artist IS an SJW. Autists can't draw for shit. Said artist is a ftm non-binary whatever the fuck kids call them these days.

As you said, SJWs joined to power trip, but not only that, but to shill their art. Just look at the drawthreads on cuck/vp/. Nobody in those threads is a true man, they're all FTMs. Often they post the very art they make in those threads onto tumblr. And how would you know this? By visiting their tumblr of course. They have the pronouns crap and gender listed.

PS would be so much better if the real devs kicked the SJWs out.

meant to say inarguably

Anyways at the end of the day you guys can believe what you want, but i'm telling you as somebody who was there it was just run of the mill autistic drama, not SJW's taking over.

The only people who actually have influence like that are the programmers (who are actually married to each other) both of which avoid arguements and debates in general, let alone ones about politics. I guess arguably also the artist I mentioned in but he also avoids any sort of argument.

user, I was calling the people who were saying that idiots. Please get better reading comprehension.

But isn't that exactly what happened even as a byproduct of "run of the mill autistic drama"?

So
Release date when?

Please post the hot evil business milf art, it would be helpful

Seems like when it came time to kick the other assholes, they got off scott free.
< Does smokey actually help with anything? No. Does Smokey constantly shit on people, make snide comments or act like a massive wanker in general? Yes. Why is this even a question? No. I don’t think we should ban people because we don’t get cuddley feelings from them. Just stay away from me. I don’t want to even see your avatar you repulsive individual.”
< “I dislike working with Smokey in this project (though I have had little to no issues with him offtopic). However, I do not think that “kys” is a bannable offense. It’s terrible behavior, but still not worth being banned over.”

If the writer did attack the other guy first over what his dad did (the writer in the comments of the article claims it's bullshit), then him getting the boot makes sense. But then the other two staying for similar insults does not (if we're going by their logic of what was said being worse than the context).

If the writer said it in retaliation (which is kinda what he's claiming), then him getting booted while the other two who started get nothing (and don't contribute to the project by the sounds of it) then it's even fucking worse.

Definitely some hypocrisy or serious attempts to defend someone who "doesn't actually help with anything"- better yet- why was he in if he did nothing?
Shaping up to be pretty much this IMO:

ITT: Pokemon Sage shilling and damage control.

Lol

Not only are shitlibs completely anti-white, they lack an understanding of the world beyond America and Western Europe. There are probably some who actually think white people are a world majority.

If only…

Another project ruined by commies.

Blacks = Magikarp/Tentacool
Asians = Ratatta
Arabs = Zubat
Whites = Like one of those Pokemon that only appear on one route rarely- and they're not even good in battle. They just have a gimmick.

Only if you call ability to uphold and drive entire fucking civilization a gimmick.

Honestly the world that baizuo trash think that we live in is a better one than the one we actually live in.

welcome to the board where everyone has already chugged the koolaid and will ignore any claims and or evidence that you put forth which goes in the way of their established beliefs. we need another fucking exodus

Damn that looks nice.

Says a faggot who did four (1)-tier posts and didn't even bother to switch IP.

What are Native Americans and Aboriginals?

If you want an exodus, start it.

Unown? Missingno?

Cask wine.

Trubbish
This

No, you need to fuck off back to 4cuck.

When it's done

Pic related is the only other thing I have of her saved, though there's a lot more I don't have saved. This also lost to the other one I posted

I sort of agree. I do think that Smokey and Carson deserve far more responsibility in this then a lot of people give them, and I personally called them out as being huge assholes and half the problem as this was going on and after it happened, but the REAL problem and why the person got kicked was they brought up this stuff in on topic development chats. That was something the other people didn't do.

Had carson or smokey just out of nowhere shat on this person in on topic chats and started shit there they would have been kicked, or at least I have faith they would have been, since both smokey and carson, like this other person, were already unpopular to a degree for being unreasonable in arguements (as you can see and this all demonstrates)

As says, SJW's are talking about in terms of murica because they can't fathom that the world doesn't revolve around their echo chamber. I'm well aware that globally asians are the majority due to china being fuckhuege and inda and indonesia's absurd population density.

I mean the one user who keeps shitposting and spamming shit about tumblr, sure, but I don't blame the other anons for being skeptical: After all, the article has screencaps and stuff, and all I have is my word that the article isn't painting an actual picture.

It's perfectly logical for them to not just take what I say at face value.

That wasn't me user

*that the article isn't painting an accurate picture.

You saw what happened to Uranium. Sage will have a similar fate with it being advertised on 4cuck of all things. Nintendo is an ass these days. Hiroshimoot is known to sell data to companies for shekels.

Maybe, we'll see. I certainly hope not.

It's inevitable unless you go "underground" Nintendo is on a massive power trip these days and they won't stop. Once sage builds enough notoriety, that will be it. Cease and Desist. Tumblr assisting with sage and advertising it on their shithole won't help either. You need to rat all the tumblrs out and finish the game before shitendo CDs you.

Don't forget that tumblr is a hive of good goys. All it takes is one bad tempered fan to tattle on Jewtendo.

I mean, sage has had bouts of press attention a number of times now, and development happens only on private channels and there's no social media presence.

If 2.0 doesn't get reported on by news outlets and it doesn't get C&D'd after that I think it'll be safe untill it finishes since 2.0 (aside from minor bug fixes as like 2.01) is the last release before the final build

This one is pretty fun and the difficulty isn't brain-dead easy but holy shit the writing
And for what I've already seen in the thread it gets worse.

You said "which WE think is hilarious". Are you talking about yourself?

they bothered to send a CD to the creators of a minecraft mod, so yea…

The last private build of sage I played actually had really good dialog, it's pretty damn close to how the actual GF games sound.

In particular I was really impressed by how a given character which is a villian, but it isn't revelaled to you right away, actually doesn't sound like a villian at all at first, vs how in the official games it's always obvious as fuck who the bad guys are even if they try to hide it.

I was saying that we think it's hilarious that they think the characters being spics is a big deal, because by their own logic, asians should also count as minorities (because, again, they are only thinking from an american/euriopean centric perspective), so that would also apply to the official games.

That make more sense? I'm shit at wording things, so sorry if it wasn't clear

that makes a bit more sense

Thank you

Though I prefer the older versions of her, closer to . Looks like the perfect combination of classy, sexy, and evil. Also facial structure, she looks too young in the latest designs. Hope those aren't finalized, looking forward to it though

The one in is the final, voted in design, though?

It just needs to be drawn in the same art style as the ones in

Oh, it is? I thought it was an older one.

That's fine then, carry on, it's solid. Though do you have the crazy face she makes in this image? Is there a better version of it? I can't find it anywhere.

check the dropbox in

Oh, also, sage has a showdown server here that's active right now in case anybody wants to play it

viipii.crabdance.com/

Now I remember why I stopped coming here. It's fucking indistinguishable from Holla Forums.

It's just a single shitposter that's being that obnoxious, calm down user

>>>Holla Forums

pretty much the only rom hack i've played is volt white 2. I just like being able to catch every single pokemon and having it not be easy as fuck. Any other recommendations? I feel like playing it agian.

Writer here.
Only proof I can offer is some of the other Skype posts.

Bringing up being kicked from plot felt like something worth discussing in the on-topic chat.
Further- how come no one minded when other people went off topic in on topic? It certainly wasn't a hard and fast rule.

I remember starting the Hoenn/Johto war in /vp/ years ago.

I was the one behind the "water trumpets" meme.

Good times.

Chao, smokey and carson were acting like dicks to you, and I feel really awful that this whole thing got so bad that what happened happened, but you really weren't kicked due to your political opinions.

You know me. If you truly got kicked over something like that i'd be raising absolute hell and i'd be right there with you, but that's really not what happened.

It sounds a lot like Holla Forums, unless you sway with the wind you will always run the risk of being uprooted.

literally 4th pic>>13106786

Holy shit, the guy who made this knows just how to fucking perfect polish everything down to the last finest detail.

user, you ARE aware sage was a halfchan project, right?

pretty much all of the devs are Holla Forumsirigns.

Anyone else played Shiny Gold Sigma? Kinda unbalanced but the short time I played it was fun.
Also I love how edgy Dark Rising is just for the cringe of it.

Victory Fire.

Red++
Polished Crystal
Sigma Emerald
Fire Red Omega
Origin Platinum
Sacred Gold/Storm Silver
BlazeBlack/VoltWhite

Nice. Gonna give some of these a try.

Oh, is there a hack for HGSS that makes the distros less retarded by moving kanto only pokemon that are gen 2 mons into johto locations, and maybe fixes the leveling issues, but otherwise changes nothing else?

3.0 when?

How tricky is it to play polished crystal or another such romhack on a modded 2ds?
I mean it would be nice if I could just get it as a .cia but I am prepared to do some fucking around if that's what it takes.

As simple as taking the patched rom and loading it on any GBC emulator.

Wew lad. The reward for beating her is a shitty generic egg with a random shiny baby Pokémon but the fight itself was great.

This thread made me realize something:

Why the hell has no one made a hack of the Mystery Dungeon games?

Everything that I've looked up about those kinds of hacks were just difficulty tweaks, randomizers, and minor "play as any Pokémon" mods. Nothing about actually changing cutscenes, bosses, dungeon format, or anything.

Vid related proves that it's possible, so what keeps them despite it being like 9 years old now?

Lack of knowledge about rom itself and no one made tools for it. There is only hex editor, but almost no one makes romhacks only with that.

I don't know.

Sorry that I am late, but for Origin Platinum search for newest version. In earlier versions, game bricks itself at battle frontier.

See this post

>"I like how this is insert name going "I'm so oppressed, i'm so oppressed" when he's a white conservative"
Nice damage control faggot but we've known about SJW shit in the Sage project for a long time now. Mungo is literally using progressive lingo, implying that a white man cannot be the victim of anything because he is a white man

Whoops, sounds like things were escalated by politics and someone was hated for a certain off topic discussion that totally wasn't politics
Well a Muslim would use the Qur'an as an excuse to lie to you, and this cuck is defending sharia.
>>yfw insert name tries to beat up a mussie he thinks looks suspicious but ends up licking the precum off an iman's dick as punishment" (Smokey)
ANNND, this cuck is fantasizing about another Kafir sucking muslim cock.

Go shill your game elsewhere loser.

Never played them. Why do people like MD so much?

Funny thing, turns out my vid had a link in the description for some autists trying to make tools.
projectpokemon.org/forums/forums/topic/31407-pokemon-mystery-dungeon-2-psy_commandos-tools-and-research-notes/

The worst thing is that world design is top tier. I haven't seen a pokemon game beat it. Now, after Reborn is finished, I'd be all up for rewriting all the dialogue into something incredibly right wing. Can this be done without the source code?

Can't you sage faggots keep your drama contained in your circlejerk?

nobody has posted about sage in days, user

bump