Breath of the Wild Thread

Either Nintendo is going to have another all powerful evil that can corrupt the Guardians again so they can recycle the assets, or they have to create new enemy types to fill the void. What type of enemies could be brought back or retooled to be the focus of the DLC?

Also generic BOTW thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/4qntI
archive.is/fQoku
amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Capacitive-Stylus-Touchscreen-Devices/dp/B008HJGPVO
zelda.gamepedia.com/Hylian_Language_Translations/Breath_of_the_Wild
zelda.gamepedia.com/Sheikah_Language_Translations
zelda.gamepedia.com/Gerudo_Typography_Translations
orcz.com/Breath_of_the_Wild:_Recipes
heavy.com/games/2017/03/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-armor-upgrades-materials-star-fragments-lynel-hoof/
gamefaqs.com/boards/189707-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/75149333
zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/
mrcheeze.github.io/botw-object-map/
i.imgur.com/JMfasVN.jpg
mrcheeze.github.io/botw-waypoint-map/
reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/6rg2kw/need_help_translating_these_books_please/dl54kr2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You sure it's post game? Because I think that it's set before.

A generic thread for a generic game only bought by people because "muh zelda"

Its okay when nintendo does it!

A flash back showed that Zelda couldn't activate it, because only Link could do it later.

But it is okay when you pirate it
This game was worth my time, but I'd be fucked if it's worth my money.

Reminder that hestu gives you a literal piece of shit when you get all the seeds.
Truth is, you weren't supposed to get all the seeds, since your inventory maxes out at 441. They just made so many of them to make it easier to find.

How come Holla Forums doesn't love Skyward Sword now? Isn't that how this usually works?

From the title of the DLC, it implies it's about Link's dead sidekicks/waifu, so perhaps it's about either resurrecting them or laying them to rest.

That idea has some potential< Maybe Link has to cross over into a "spirit world" version of Hyrule, a la Dark World/Twilight/Seasons/Past-Future mechanic. It would maintain the spirit of Zelda while letting them lazily reuse most of their assets and call it a new world (when it's mostly a palette swap and a monster reshuffle.)

Bonus points if they throw Majora references in there to drive the Termina theorists nuts.

They're going to add hardcore sexual violence.

Let people complain man, they have a right.
Just like gorons have a right to enter Gerudo town.

It would be pretty cool if they powered up the orbs you've obtained and allowed for a two player mode, that's nothing but a fever dream though.
That'd be amazing, but with the DLC just being 20$, I doubt that.
The shuffle was master mode itself, I don't think they'll even go as far as to add a new coat of paint on it, though, that would be cool. My best guess is for some new enemies and just new overworld missions and more stories.

Jeez, after the Hyrule Historia situation? They'll be kicking them while they're down LOL.

Hooray, now I can rape bokoblins right in the boypussy and inseminate inside them forcefully as they make their little bokblin sounds.

Yeah, that's my bad. I spoke without looking into it first. Sorry about that. The last I saw of it was the E3 footage, which made it look like it was set before.

Try not to do that homesprung.
I never played Skyward Sword, but from what I've heard, on here, elsewhere online, and from friends, it was not a good game. Hopefully that means that the Zelda cycle has been broken.
There are also legitimate critisisms for BotW to be made, like what posted. Giving you a literal pile of turd for what I can only assume is hours of 'work' is a slap in the face. Just change the turd to a plaque. It'd be a bit better.

BotW is probably the only Zelda game that I had no interest in playing again at a later date. That's probably due to the world size, which I also think is BotW's biggest strength.

I'm gonna take a devils advocate on both sides and say it was a pretty good game, take not that I was one of the very few people to NOT pay attention to the game before it released. I didn't hype for it, I gave no shits about it, and I played it, my expectations began to rise after going into the zora district and THEN I was let down a bit.

archive.is/4qntI
Read more about my experience here, I still need to type out a full review. While I enjoyed the game, and thought my experience was deemed acceptable, even if ganon was one of the biggest disappointments in the game (seriously, why the fuck can't you climb him, the whole mountain thing, and the talus boss-fights was what I thought foreshadowing for something bigger, I thought they were finally gonna use their OoT idea)

Zelda cycle has definitely been broken, and it will never be the same again. I hope for the best, since BoTW was a "test-run", even if it's a multi-million dollar project (those rocks aren't gonna texture themselves y'know)

I personally don't care about it being a turd, just give it a use, it's the same issue I had with the boss fights. Even if you beat all 40 taluses, hinoxes, moldugas, etc. You get a little medal, and a star every time you fight the same boss. I was half expecting it to give you the powers to travel in the sand, or the talus emblem the power to launch rocks, and hinox for you to sling trees. There is a lot of missed potential with it, and it makes me a bit sad that they didn't take full advantage of it.

Hestus Gift could have easily given you an Infinite master sword that doesn't run out of energy
Nigger, you found ALL the seeds. You're already skilled enough that the sword will just be a sweet bonus for you to fuck up everything around you, topped with finishing the trial and you'll have the classic zelda experience.

I'd play BOTW but with cheats, holy fuck is the game fun as fun with cheats. That's what I'm gonna do with master mode, I already know the game lacks content and I don't wish to consume EVEN more time re-finding shrines and autistically playing the game until my eyes rot. I like to have fun with it.
I certainly agree about the world size being the biggest strength, if only they'd have done more with it though. I wanted tingle here
Kilton is fine, but he's no tingle

*take note
I played with zero expectations, and I enjoyed it, but felt like a lot was left out due to time restraints.
I don't know why I put all my faith on time restraints, rather than lack of imagination but I do.
Also, fuck my low blood pressure, everything is hazy right now and my typing is fucked.

I really wanted a DLC about the 100-year ago disaster, with Link without the tablet and the champions alive. Impa, Purah & Robbie are all young and Hyrule City is alive and bustling.

I guess the main problem were the enemies: there would be no bokoblins/moblins/lizalfos in the wild.

My ID in the archive is 77753b by the way
Once others figure how the internals of BOTW work, I definitely want to learn how to make mods for it. Not hacks, but actual mods.

Anyways, let me type more, and actually quote people so they know what I'm talking about.

The game gives me a weird feeling, like an itch I NEED to scratch, and I scour the game for new content but it gives me none. I only get shrines and koroks, and it becomes a violent, maddening cycle. I keep playing the game, trying to squeeze the every single drop of blood out of it, but I know I've already found everything that needs finding, from the main divine beasts, to monster parts, even dying my clothes (useless feature) and upgrading equipment by shooting the elemental dragons with arrows for equipment upgrades, fighting enemies after the third guardian be damned, you hit, dodge, hit, dodge, shoot and recover. It's nice going bare naked for a challenge, but that's all self-imposed, master mode fixes this somewhat but it needs a brand new save file which is bullshit.

I have hundreds of monster parts now for elixirs and such, once you kill a white lynel then you're set. That's what excited me, killing the big bad enemies and reaping in the good, I wanted more of that challenge, I was EXPECTING more of that challenge. After you reach the peak, there is nothing left but walking and walking until you stumble upon another variation of the same monster, and that got me a bit sad. I would have loved to see those huge ocean octorocks come up from the ocean shore and try to DRAG YOU IN. I've also wanted more backstory on the guardians (Please, please please let DLC 2 be about this!!!)

I've been repeating the same thing over and over, it's not that the game is bad, It's just that it feels so damn incomplete, and a lot of fools here fell for the hype meme once more and they bash it because they just cannot stop getting excited with anything that has "Zelda" slapped on it, then get angry when their sky high expectations aren't met, but can you blame them? This is fucking Nintendo we are talking about. People just need to understand that this is not 90's nintendo, this is a new Nintendo, you aren't the target audience anymore, if they can make money by doing "Just Enough" instead of going above and beyond, then they'll do that, and people will still defend them. I felt that same pain with Pokemon X/Y to be fair, though, that is a different company who develops it, nonetheless, the pain is still mutual.

I've actually opened 'Word' to jot down ideas and fixes for this game, I've grown to hate this game, but love it for what it COULD have been and what it CAN be for the next round. The game by itself, I give it praise for what it made me feel in the early adventure, the spirit of freedom and complete off the rails and off the wall fun I haven't felt in a long time, but I also imposed those feelings onto myself, and wanted something that wasn't completely delivered.
It's a bit like life I guess, you're young, you don't know what to do (Old man tutorial), then you take baby steps (4 shrines), then you grow and you're wild (obtain paraglider), and you don't know what you're expecting (you leave first area) because you're ignorant, then during your teens really exciting shit happens (first guardian) but once you grow up and secure yourself (new equipment) and take on lifes biggest challenges (savage white lynel, bigger bosses), life becomes less frustrating after you've beaten your inner demons and paid your dues (Great Fairy), and you secure yourself, and keep taking on enemies (upgraded equipment) but it's also less fun, so you get risky and gamble (Eventide, Trial of the Sword), but know you are aware enough that you can leave anytime if you fail or come back later, and after you're done with that, then you've gained very little.

Let me type more on the next one, body limit.

Actually, fuck I'm tired. I'll come back later.
I would like to talk to the actual devs and tell them what they need to do to make Zelda feel more like zelda. I'm not talking about changing the open world formula, but gravitating towards that ethereal feeling that has always sort of lingered, and obviously improving the gameplay to be fucking full of goodies. Nintendo has lost their iron grip onto a lot of longtime fans like myself, and I know exactly how they can get it back.

You guys know that strange, enigmatic but oh so kindred feeling that dawns upon you when you're playing a video game? It's hard to explain, but it sort of hits a sweet spot and you tell yourself "Yes, this is what I want", even though you've never seen it in your life? You know what you expect, yet you don't, it just comes to you naturally. It can arrive in so many varieties, like a warm fuzzy feeling or just uplifting silence as you pay complete attention to your game and are taken aback by what's happening. It's a refreshing feeling, that isn't really felt as often anymore. Very strange and difficult to translate onto words.
Nintendo capitalized on this feeling, and for some reason they've lost it, even though they never fully realized it.

Maybe it was all me and I was a weird kid, but things aren't the same. I miss that feeling. It felt nice.

That's a worrying thought my friend. No game should do that to you. No piece of entertainment should do that to you.
I know others could scream Skinner box until their throat's are dry, but surely you can see there is no light at the end of the tunnel you're searching for.
If you could talk to the devs, tell them about how you felt, idea guy the fuck out of them, and even if then they would even agree endlessly with you, it would never end.
That newer refined version would probably just be draft two of the greatest game ever you're trying to imagine, like BotW is draft one.
You're imaging something that you can never truly get from a video game. A video game is constrained, with clear limits, and a beginning and end, and you seem to be thinking of something that can never end.

I want more story with Mipha.

I'm currently playing through master mode, I think it's what the normal game should have been from the start (except the weapons, that's just plain retarded and should've been fixed in the DLC)

I still don't hate that this doesn't feel like Zelda at all but I'm srill gonna pirate de next baych of DLC, as I did with the game

Overall, I liked it just fine but all I wanted was great dungeons and I got cookoe cutter "beasts" that were frustratingly easy and generic, I doubt the nexy DLC is gonna give me what I want so I'm glad I didn't pay for this shit

whats the fucking point, i cant fuck my dead waifu

You can waste your time on a shitty game.

biggest thing that bothered me about this game was the separation of heat protection and fire protection.

God damn, I like it/.

For me was that the Snowboots and Sandboots didn't have respective weather protection bonus.

you only need 2 sources of weather protection, having snow/sand boots is doable without losing out.

Both of these. They just did not make any sense. I think Nintendo spent most of the budget creating the world. And don't get me wrong, it's an absolutely incredible world and the mechanics are actually engaging and the amount of wildlife is stunning and the weather has a tangible effect on gameplay which is awesome, but everything else, including the dungeons, were obviously afterthoughts

Also, the CEMU devs released a fix for 1.8 that's not behind a paywall and is supposed to address the desync related crashes on BotW

Did you guys see the Multiplayer mod someone is trying to juryrig?

If for NOTHING else (and there is plenty of else), BOTW will go down in history for “See that EVERYTHING? You can climb it.”

just replace the mountains with endless sea and you get botw

Nah, BOTW will go down as "the Zelda that aped Skyrim" or "the boring Zelda filled with a shitload of nothing". That's what happens when you jump on the open world bandwagon long after it became passé.

Not sure you know what aping is.

You mean Wind Waker? Because they’re not at all the same.

That's a funny way to say empty. I've got to a point in the game where I'm tired of the over world and just want to do the dungeons. I have all but the bird of the champions done and I have the master sword. Not sure what else there is to do besides finish the main story now. Tempted to look up a guide for the memories to get the over and done with as quickly as possible but to be completely honest I feel so overpowered with the gear I have that I don't see the point.

BotW's world is fucking dead. It's a huge amount of nothing and copypaste enemy camps, koroks, and probably several dozen of the same guardian shrine fight. It's disgustingly lazy and you have to be Skyrim's audience to not see how shallow it is.
Compare it to Subnautica's world. That's indie work on indie money yet is amazingly detailed, rewarding to explore, and properly gated.

This is why I always say "Open world games aren't for everybody" because to people who don't want to have a sense of environment then 99 percent of open world games are indeed, empty

Breath of the Wild is shit, but not for the reasons you think it is. It's shit because it checks exactly zero marks on what made Zelda a unique franchise, it has no memorable dungeons, no memorable music, and no memorable enemy designs. And all the dungeons are tedious skinner box copy-paste dungeons.

But the games world, is where Nintendo DEFINITELY hits the mark. It's a large, detailed world, you CAN climb every mountain, and the weather, like I said before, actually plays a role in the gameplay instead of being superficial like in other open worlds. The temperature changes depending on if it is night or day, depending on your elevation, and depending on wither or not you're near a heat source. There is changing wind direction and speed and physics objects will follow the direction of variable wind speed and direction. From a software design standpoint it is actually really fucking impressive. You have to give Nintendo credit for this. This is why I think Nintendo just put all their money on the environment and made everything else an afterthought. It was a good experiment in game design to say the very least

Jesus, you fucking pleb. You can't even place anything in BotW's world and none of the systems matter at all. Even temperature you can just cheese with all the useless magic weapons laying around. Do you play anything other than Nintendo games?

Yes in fact I do, do you play anything other than overrated indie trash water level; the game?

Nintenyearolds, everyone.
Are you the same guy who pushes this "BotW is the best open world game" thing with multiple threads a day or are you part of some shithole console gaymer forum that crossposts here?

t. shitnautica dev

I got the game for free and play it on an emulator, retard. Keep defending your indie trash that you probably shill for free faggot

The amount of autism in this thread makes me unsure if I want to continue to be a fan of Zelda games.

Jesus fucking christ.

why were you still a fan in the first place?

They're fun games.
But if you're going to be massive autists about them please just become a Sonic fan.
Sonic is where the autists go.

You're not seriously trying to act superior with that, are you?

I guess every Nintendo game is amazing when they're the only modern games you're able to play without the console.
Take it from someone with a proper perspective: BotW was dogshit. A Japanese Skyrim; an inch deep ocean of copypaste.

Because american teens were mostly xboxtards, during the 360 generation. At most they remembered Twilight Princess from the time that the Wii was still a promising new console, and it speak to them with its retarded dark edgyness.

Reminder that Skyward princess is the only one to actually love you, and unlike others doesn't have a penis.

I got Twilight Princess on the WiiU and to be honest I can't seem to get into it.
Something about it feels empty.

Kill yourself.

Why are you taking a picture of the box? Are you proud of it or something?

Is this bait?

It's elementary, user! The poster praising BotW can't afford modern consoles and will have only played games he can pirate. The only modern console games that can be pirated are from Nintendo due to their repeated failures to secure their hardware. This biases his view of what a "revolutionary" game is since he can only compare them to games from years past! I on the other hand will have more educated opinions as I clearly posses the means to experience a wide variety of modern games.

BOTW will be half remembered as Nintendo's me-too Skyrim clone because Skyrim came first and was a lot more popular. It's called bad timing.

I've finally started playing it on master mode for the first time and its pretty good. Just finished all four divine beasts and now I have to get huge for the master sword, cause apparently 10 hearts isn't huge enough.

I get why people would find ir bad though but the only other open world game I had any interest and playtime in was new vegas so I'm pretty impressed at the amount of content to be honest. But thats just my shitty opinion.

It definitely is a game I will never replay. If only to never have to deal with thunderblight ganon again. If the DLC is post game I'll definitely take a look at it though. The game definitely needs more shit to fight

Holy shit you are fucking dumb. Fucking nintendrones.

Jokes aside, once the next TES game is out, any memory of Skyrim will blur and disappear into a generic "past of TES games". No events, no story, just a few shit memes will stay. 1. Casuals who championed Skyrim, will cycle out of gaming. 2. Newfags who get the next game, will be pressured to shit on the previous to validate their buy. Meanwhile Zelda will remain Zelda.

People will actually buy it to see what happens, aware there's some kind of timeline between the games and you need to see all episodes. Now of course you're sweating to lash out at the nintendrone, when I'm just a pc player who at most emulates things. No, this is a matter of East vs West: Skyrim is disposable because western vidya is mass mercificated shit; Zelda gets remembered because despite the massive flaws, there's still someone caring after it.

You forgot about the nostalgia factor. Many normalfags will come back to it because of it.

She's also the best Zelda.

The trinity of games that get shitty comparisons. Again, kill yourself.
archive.is/fQoku

Are you retarded? Skyrim is a cancer; it grows. Standards don't truly stagnate; they only go up or down.

wew

But all those words describe Skyrim more than Dark Souls. I remember my friends telling me how great the game was and how disappointed I was when I actually played it. Do normalfags actually like the vanilla version of the game or modded? I have absolutely no fucking clue how you could play it vanilla.

「MARKETING」

please just kill yourself you dumb cringy idiot

It's large, but I would not call it detailed. You have methods to interact with the world and you have a set of systems like temperature, weather, and so on that have meaningful influence over gameplay, but the world itself is exceedingly bland with the player only being concerned how to get to the next town or shrine. I like how minibosses exist in the overworld, though. Another unique thing about BotW is its design philosophy. BotW is like its own world in that I don't think it has been fully explored. Developers usually make games where every mechanic to be defined, whereas BotW allows for experimentation, which really isn't seen much outside of non-linear puzzle games such as TIS-100.

Subnautica is mediocre. Granted, I haven't played the most recent update, but it's repetitive with the stupid hunger and hydration levels adding almost nothing.

Because "The Zeldo Cycle" is a retarded meme made up by faggots who couldn't understand that a large fanbase has a lot of different opinions.

That's a meaningless sentence. The last Zelda game to be particularly remembered was Wind Waker. I doubt anybody remembers much about Twilight Princess beyond Midna, nobody even wants to remember Skyward Sword, and BOTW is probably going to be forgotten once Nintendo shits out a new Zelda just like Skyrim will be forgotten once Bethesda shits out a new TES. Both series have become as disposable as Madden installments.

This game was marginally entertaining. There is no real feeling of achievement though, you find the shrines, collect the inventory spirits, and buy some clothes. Other than that, everything breaks. It would've been more interesting if they'd removed the breaking weapon gimmick and just allowed you to upgrade any weapon you found and keep it permanently if you wanted to. There's no permanence in this game. The world is vast, but empty. No juicy secrets, no dungeons, no real atmosphere. Only muh shrines.

Oh the ironing!

Because it was genuinely shit and you're a meming candy-ass faggot

That is a legitimately shit design. Terrible. Normally I like nintendo's designs.

I wanna fuck Deku Link!

More like first person AssCreed with guns.

I tried that. The game runs like shit on emu unless you have a $2000 dollar pc.

I don't know why this board likes Japanese Skyrims so much

calm down heartboner!

Spirit Tracks contradicts that, you just have to actually build the relationship instead if having a childhood friend

Minish Cap is a strong maybe as well.

Are you the other guy who likes spirit tracks? I've seen him around before, and I'm convinced there are only two of us.

She is aquatic Saria, and just like that best girl, she is doomed to languish with 1/10th the art of the others.

Frankly I'm surprised how little art Riju has gotten. Like, 20 images on Danbooru for brown desert lol. It's a crime.

Stop making shit videogame comparisons.

You don't know what that word means.

Make that three. One of the only Zelda games that hooked me hard enough to warrant all-nighters, trying to 100% it right after launch.

Shill harder.

thread/

But BotW Zelda has eyebrows and ass.
Link chose smelly fish cunt over her anyways.

Mipha is better than Zelda will ever be.

I think it legitimately has the best songs in the series, it's just held back by the midi tracks. The duet at the end leading into the Lokomo tracks, leading into the boss fight music is fucking masterful, and I actually got really good at playing the Spirit Pipes. They felt way more "real" than any ocarina or wind baton, and that helped.

Romancing Mipha is a bad decision. Have you ever even seen a mixed race individual in Zelda? Do Zora give birth like mammals or do they have males jerk off onto the eggs the females lay? Even if you get past the logistics of it the fish smell alone is off-putting enough plus you're contributing to the genocide of Hyrulians via race-mixing. Offspring is a choice between an unnatural Zora/Hyrulian abomination VS natural beautiful blonde-hair blue-eye Hyrulian master race children.

Except she is an actually useful qt healslut with a fat ass that can hand-make bitchin' armor. i.e. way fucking better than Saria ever was.

This is compelling.

This had better be a post-game adventure where I can ride around with Zelda and not just more shrine challenges bs like the last DLC, otherwise fuck this gay shit.

You know that feeling as well?

Yes. There are also no games that have dynasty warriors scale battles, with ai forces that ACTUALLY fight, making everything you do a delicate ebb and flow.

You see your forces going for a base? Flank them and reduce the defenders before making a beeline to some embattled defenders and rallying them. Battle Engine Aquila was close, but the PS2 can only do so much.

To be fair, as long as you're on the right difficulty, the Dynasty Warriors games actually do have an ebb and flow to them. If you don't stick to the plans/strategy you get fucked. Though I definitely wish for something like you're describing. Where you can single handedly be an unstoppable badass, but you can't ever win a battle on your own. Unless you think about your troops then you'll lose every time, even though you can slaughter your way through troops nonstop.

Either link is a sissy cumslut faggot, or a crossbreeder. No way out.
Have you even played the game? It has faggotry and mixed races out the ass.

Only one off the top of my head is that crossdresser in the male-friendly gerudo encampment just outside of the city, and even then he's presented as a freak once his mask blows up to show his beard.

this game is LITERALLY japanese skyrim, combat and all

What are you worrying about? It's not like he can crossbreed with a dead girl

Yes, but link isn't, he's played a little too close to uncanny valley to be considered completely comedic.

If anything I took the disguise as a massive joke in and of itself that Link's pretty twinkish in physique, to the point that if he hides his face from the mouth down and puts on baggy women's clothing he can fool the Gerudo. Also that the Gerudo are stupid since most of them haven't actually seen men before; the only ones to see straight through your disguise are the ones that actually have, the elderly Gerudo by the goddess statue in a back alley and the black-market shopkeeper who sells men's apparel.

Yeah man! We need another Fallout 4! I should hire you.

Meming aside, if it was fun and they didn't fuck it up like Bethesda, and if it wasn't fucking boring like in Fallout 4, it could add a lot more gameplay and shit to do. One of BoTW's main issues was there wasn't enough fun things to do after you beat Ganon.

I think kingdoms under fire had games like that, but enemies were still very passive in personal combat. It was more when it came to moving the troops around that they were aggressive.

WTF are you talking about

WHY DOES THIS FUCKING GAY MEME COMPANY MAKE UNBUYABLE GAMES

No you don't! Look at this! Save yourself!

Why are there so many retards who hate Nintendo, refuse to buy their consoles, and then bitch because they desperately want to play the games on the consoles they refuse to own? I've never seen people do this for any other company.

The hardware CEMU likes and doesn't like seems to be all over the place. I can play it perfectly fine at 30fps (the max since that's what it's locked too) on my Skylake i7 and GTX 970. But I also see people with only slightly-worse hardware barely getting 5fps

I can only assume people have no idea what they're doing. Listen up nigger
1.) Enable the GPUFenceSkip (this is sort-of a hack which is why it is not enabled by default, it used to cause instability but as of the latest version it no longer does and you should be fine with no extra crashes as a result)

2.) Lower GPU Cache Accuracy to Low (It's generally no necessary for BotW to have it set any higher, some games do require a higher GPU cache accuracy but BotW generally does not)

And you should easily get 10-20 more fps than what you're currently getting

Why do Asians always feature white Aryans as the heroes in their stories and media?

That's because a lot of Nintendo games are actually worth playing but it requires forking over a bunch of cash for the console and each game.

Nintendo doesn't port their games to PC like so many publishers and devs choose to do eventually.

tl;dr sour grapes

Anita please go.

I think they'll just put new quests and mini-games everywhere the guardians patrolled before.

It's a serious question. In the Nintendo games the protagonists are almost always white. In most animes, the protagonists are white. Why is this.

probably the same reason that most porn made in white countries feature niggers

No, the protagonists for games popular in the west are almost always white.

…Jews?

For Honor has the worst example of the problem I've ever seen. Those little ai troops that clash in the middle of the field? You can go down and join them, and clear out the enemy front line single handedly, and you know what they do? Nothing. They stand motionless on the exact line dividing the map, not moving an inch forward or backwards. This means that "losing" troops doesn't actually do anything, as nobody ever advances or retreats. They just stand there and wait for more enemies to spawn, and infinitely pour more grunts Into the pit.

Lair ironically did this okay. Flying around was fun, and you could land and walk around to really do some damage to take the pressure off your troops. If only it had more depth.

But that's not true. Interracial is a tiny subset of all porn, one of the least popular categories. The fact is pushed so hard on porn sites should be tell you something suspicious about is afoot.

Maybe. But all these Jap games with white protagonists tend to be popular in, japland as well.

"Anime characters are white"

This meme needs to die, they're Asian, they live in Asia, they just see Disney comics as the ideal because of Astro Boy aping the style from Scrooge McDuck, so big eyes and such became the norm.

Actual white characters in anime tend to either be muscular, or just more angular and square.

I don't have hundreds of dollars lying around to throw at retarded bullshit,

Just buy a Wii u and pirate it you Jew, if you can't afford a switch them just wait till they come in stock and get some used games or buy on digital sales.

This cunt gets it

If anime characters are actually white and not Asian, then why do they have white specific hair colors, eye colors, skin tones, and facial features? Be honest, they're about as Asian as Link or Zelda.

The Japanese know they're disgusting primitive riceniggers to which whites are endlessly superior, but they don't want to explicitly admit it, so they settle for making their anime/manga/vidya protagonists look white and fetishizing a romanticized version of European and American culture. It's also why they have a boner for making half-white, half-jap characters. I'm not kidding or baitposting, that's literally it. I think getting nuked really fucked with their racial group psyche.

Because this cast would make for a terrible anime, and white people have a monopoly on pretty much every hair colour. Also, like I said, big eyes are much more expressive, so they just draw them with those, nothing to do with race.

Link and Zelda are based on Western mythology and elves, of course they'll be aryan, but you're ignoring the 50 million games involving Nobunaga and Japanese demons. It's not like they don't use their own culture, it's just their ideas if cute and expressive take huge cues from Disney and the west.

It has everything to do with race. 99% of Japanese anime and manga characters look white because the Japs want to be white. Yet they're painfully aware that they aren't. It's pretty sad tbh. Although much better than having a WE WUZ KANGZ inferiority complex.

Yeah they usually rely heavily on Asian mythology for antagonists, but protagonists are usually white.

Perhaps, but that seems too simple.

Retarded Bullshit that will become obsolete in a few years.

That game literally made me gay. Will definatly sue nintendo for this.

The simplest explanation is often the correct one, user. Shit, look how fast they adapted and adopted Western culture from the Meiji period onwards. They're a race of raging westaboos who simultaneously want to keep their own culture and nationalist pride while also mimicking and yearning to be white Europeans. The Jap race is uniquely schizophrenic that way.

I'd pay to watch that court case.

they live on a corporative feudalism society, an oligopoly ruled by old powerfull families, they took the west in their own way.

That's true of almost every console and its exclusives, though. People bring up "accessories", but other than controllers and amiibo (which you'd have to be retarded to actually buy in any case) I can't think of any.

The Wiis Waggle is probably the ultimate form of fucking DRM because you literally cannot play Skyward Sword on PC without an actual, physical Wii Motion+ and if your Bluetooth adapter doesn't like it (and many don't) then you will need to also buy a Dolphin Bar. The Dolphin devs will not let you map motion+ controls to a controller or KB+M because they feel like it's "hacks" and they want to keep a strong code standard or some shit

so many games do that to me, what the fuck do I do

BotW was pretty fun for the couple of hours I played it the other day. I was severely disappointed with enemy camps though, they were fairly small and not very challenging even with minimal protection. When I cleared camps, I opened up the chest that appeared expecting to maybe get something cool, maybe a few rupees, a decent shield, but no, I kept getting fucking arrows. Fire arrows are okay I guess but I wanted an actual upgrade, not some consumable trash.
I got one-shot a couple of times early on because I wasn't used to the combat just yet (kept sheathing my weapon when I wanted to swing it). The game is a little schizophrenic, the guardians will one-shot you, and some times a bokoblin will get a lucky jump attack on you or something, but other than that it's nigh-impossible to die. It doesn't help that you can apparently hold an infinite number of fucking meals to heal instantly whenever you want. That said, cooking was fun as hell.
Having my weapons break constantly was also annoying. I frequently hear people say "Oh it's okay that weapons have low durability cuz you can always find more" but that's fucking retarded, I shouldn't need to keep 6-8 weapon on rotation just because my swords are made of fucking plastic, I shouldn't need to hold on to 4 bows at all times. Morrowind's durability system was much better, it allowed you to actually use the cool weapons you find without feeling super apprehensive about it.
The ability to fix up your weapons would have been a very very smart move, but a better move would have been to allow your weapons to survive more than two fucking enemy camps.

Oh, and the tutorial was a little insulting, fuck King Hyrule he's a cunt. I wouldn't want to sit through the intro sequence again, which seems to be a massive problem with all Zelda games starting with OoT.
I'll play more of the game later and maybe my opinion will change. I legitimately had fun exploring the starting area but after opening the fifth chest and getting more shitty arrows the incentive kinda vanished and I just wanted to get off the shitty starting plateau. Getting the paraglider made the game much more fun right away.

Let me guess, it's more like a tantalizing feeling of something out of reach?

You got skinnerboxed. The whole ingredient gathering thing is supposed to be addictive, getting better weapons and having shit durability is supposed to get you to autistically search for new ones and build better, BETTER, when in fact you can get by on what you find.

You'll never scratch the itch, and you should drop it and recognize it as an addiction, because that's what it is.

The game isn't even that good. It's just a fucking zelda game with skinnerbox elements.

It's plain psychology, loads of little rewards to get you to keep playing, but in the end there's no payoff big enough to get you to stop.

You're addicted to the endorphin rush and nothing will be enough.

Put down the controller, and move on. You don't deserve to put yourself through this as an escape. You're clearly using it to escape from something you feel you can't solve, because that's when this stuff hooks you.

Trust me, I know what it's like. You have to put it down and face your life.

I have a small yugioh addiction, and i'm currently teetering on actually buying cards just to have them, even though I'll never play locals, and always play online.

I caught myself because I was considering buying card packs in a fucking mobile game. That shit is a super big red flag.

I'm currently going through the biggest creative block in my life, and I don't need this shit because I need to make my fucking video game. It leaked into my inspiration, because now i'm considering putting in a warring clan of dragons, based off of the Red-Eyes, Blue-Eyes dichcotomy amoung other things, and while I used Yugioh to jumpstart my imagination to create a plot, I got too into it and nearly jumped off a cliff into a fucking mobile game addiction.

Don't let this ruin you, it's just a game, and if you get too into anything like that, you need to catch yourself and stop. Have a good moral center and control yourself.

Nah, Skyward Sword was legit bad. BOTW is an aight if somewhat generic open world game, but Zelda it is not. Also really not worth the admission price of 60 buckaroonies and a system that has like 2 other major games on it.

I feel like getting Skinmerboxed is a choice

Bare with me for a second. Being skimmerboxed is constantly finding the next shrine for the next non-reward just for the sake of seeing that progress grind closer to 100 percent

But if you are able to genuinely appreciate the world, to truly get yourself immersed in it, to explore because exploration is fun. Then is that really being skinnerboxed or are you enjoying the game for what it is? BotW was always really about the journey I think. Not the destination. If you're focusing only on the destination then you're skinnerboxing yourself. I know this sounds autistic but take it with what you will

The co-op in Hyrule Warriors was fucking incredible for some of the maps. My bro and I splitting off to skillfully control the flow of combatants at some of our bases to ensure our forces didn't get punished too hard.

They will make a DLC about Link going back in time to save various versions of Zelda from Chad Gannondorf. It will revisit old sites and Link will get the girl finally. Pic related.

Forgot pic :^)

Oh please, its easy. Nintendo can add markers/flags you can carry and drop in places you want to build new towns. There's a limit to the number of markers that can be obtained and these new villages can only be made in areas with flat surfaces that have to be of a certain size and must be close to a shrine. That way some jackass doesn't build a floating town on the edge of a thick cliff. Then the building process is the same as Tarrey Town's. Just do some search and fetch quests for materials and watch as the town is slowly completed with each new set of materials you bring, and each new village will have a set number of less than 50 or 30 new npcs that will randomly spawn in different villages, and you can probably even pick what kind of characters you want living there. Once the number of new npcs runs out, no more new villages. Another good option to go with this would be the chance to rebuild the destroyed villages or even ruined settlements like Lon Lon ranch via the same material gathering side-quests. That should help to fill up the barren load of emptiness that is now Hyrule.

fallout 4 skinerboxed me with the settlement building. used to scratch that itch with space engineers b4 it went to shit stability on my machine and made piracy unprofitable with infinity spawning no fun drones. now you basically cant get started on the lone platform because you cant build thrusters until you mine platinum silver and gold. because fuck you thats why.

zelda scratched a looting itch for a bit but playing at 14 fps was shit. beat the game but i couldn't parry wroth a shit and with jap programming tying in game time to fps movement was slow as fuck.

any advice? new games or breaking this habit?

I suppose I'm the fourth. This is the first time I've publicly disclosed liking Spirit Tracks.

They need to remaster the DS games badly. It should be pretty easy on the Switch, they can even add optional touch controls if you use it handheld.

Except styluses don't work on the switch, you'd have to finger it.

Capacitive styluses do: amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Capacitive-Stylus-Touchscreen-Devices/dp/B008HJGPVO

Interesting, thanks for the info.

All the better for realistic Spirit Pipes. Imagine the HD Rumble with those, you'd feel the air pressure and the little dangly charms as you play. Could even do the whole thing with motion controls instead.

They're complete shit, don't even bother. They're not any more accurate than your finger because the screens have low sensor density.

Also I forgot to add, did anyone else notice the way Tarrey Town's buildings are shaped like building blocks? Its like at some point Nintendo was planning to give us the option to really customize Tarrey Town's houses to suit our own tastes.

I also love minecraft and think the new Zelda is shit.
Send me your Steam ID so we can play together, mines: xxPr0Gamer360xx

no one cares

While there's no dispute that it's post-game, that def Urbosa, with her smaller circlet and shoulder pauldron.

I've got to say, now that I've almost finished this game, I didn't like it. Not hate, just not really enjoyed.
The emulation constantly crashed on me which probably added to my disgust, especially towards the end where it was crashing once every 15 minutes. The combat attempted to be good and vastly surpassed every other zelda game but still was shit. Parrying is basically useless because of how long enemies wait around for you to kill them. That said, the only useful power from the ancients is daruk's protection because it lets you take down those sentinels with no effort. The master sword makes them a joke too.

The last boss was pretty boring too.

In what fucking way are the dungeons Skinner Boxes, exactly? Or is it just some term you saw on reddit and you thought you'd throw it around without knowing what the fuck it even is.

I want rennaisaunce Hyrule where the structure is more Witcher than Skyrim. Weapon durability can stay, but weapons stay in inventory when they dull unless you throw them. Add a weapon and armor repair system. Heavier armor has better defense but slows you down. So you want a horse when fighting in heavy armor. Make weapons more scarce in favor of Link learning to wrestle and disarming. Instead of a deticated shield slit make shields a weapon. Have the ability to dual weild two weapons at once.

Also add different ranged weapons like hookshots, slingshots, and crossbows. Food can stay but put a limit on how mych you can eat and when you can eat. Limit the elixirs you can carry based on how many bottles you have. Add spirits or drinks you can eat with food to give a secondary effect for the day.

Since there's no Shiekah Slate Link's going to have to rely on the tools he finds/buys or on mercenaries he hires. Mercenaries have weapons and tools you can use to solve puzzles for places you don't have the stuff to do it. A merc's contract pays for three lives. You pay a flat fee and insurance fee but get most of your money back when you dismiss the contract. If merc dies then you lose 1/3 of money back until the third death.

Also you get a fairy companion that serves as your quest book and spell book. For spell book you pay rupees to fairy to cast magic like restoring arrows and health, shield, thunder, spell spell, etc.

So is the dlc worth it? What exactly does it add? I just finished the game and I enjoyed myself quite a bit. I'm itching for some more stuff to explore, but I'm still working on 100%ing the base game.

Much of the DLC is already built into the game and simply activates when you purchase it. The Hero’s Path doesn’t start from when you buy the DLC; it starts from the beginning of your game (if you’ve played less than 200 hours). The world map, too, already shows the parts that will be unlocked in the winter DLC update. The features ARE really nice; they’re just ALREADY IN THE FUCKING GAME.

Well you have the trials of the sword, which just level up the damage on the master sword. So its perma-blue (60 damage). It is the same in every other way except damage. So it is more durable as it takes less hits blah blah blah.

You have the costumes which cant be upgraded. They have hire stats than most other base line gear. Majora's mask makes enemies ignore you. Tingle's gives you night speed.

hero's path is cool, but who gives a shit about it. Its good for finding places you haven't been.

Master-mode I would say is the highlight of the DLC. Everything is harder so getting good gear earlier is important (aka the costumes).

Is it all worth it? If you enjoyed the base game its just more to find and collect. More to do. If you had your fill, don't bother.

The game as a whole isn't worth anything more than a pirate.

Anyone thinks that we could use more lore for that forgotten ancient tribe from Faron that inspired the Barbarian Armor?

For what purpose?

I actually wished they went full Skyrim and allowed us to build our own house. The one provided was disappointing. The least they could have done was a fireplace to match the FRIGGEN CHIMMNEY! Seriously the interior is a blank wall where the fireplace should be.

Hot damn, that was great gameplay.

And that was shit gameplay.

I get that the "puzzle" was actually finding the scale, but I feel that these shrines should distinguish between the "solve this 3D sudoku with balls" and the "trek across the landscape, fend off countless dangers and attempt to slay a dragon" challenges by giving diferent rewards.
Shit, I'd settle for a goddamn ancient core now, I still need 3 more to make the ancient soldier suit, anyone know where to find more of those?

Farm guardians. Craft some ancient arrows so you can one shot them. That's your best chance.

Can't seem to find a large source of them anywhere. The big ass maze in the northeast (just off the coast) and great and even gave me that head piece to protect me from them, but that was the largest concentration of them I've seen.
Most other places have the runined one's and that's a fuckload of "ancient springs".

I haven't tried shooting down one of the flying little shits but I heard bomb arrows knock them down. Do they drop anything?

Hyrule Field, south of Hyrule Castle. There are half a dozen walking around there and they respawn with every blood moon. There are also a couple between the castle and the woodland stable to the east.

RAVIOLI'S GALE IS NOW READY

No need for ancient arrows. Just use a potlid and reflect the beams.

Like… why?

And use the master sword to break their legs so they drop more spare parts for more dosh and monster point trading. It gets powered up in the areas near the castle so it's working at full power.

In a open world, I guess a players would feel better to have a "home base" as it were. Too bad they practically made it useless. The Item storage is extremely limited. At least you have a free bed.

i wanna hug purah and watch her do science while im a lazy piece of shit who just plays video games.

The Spanish (Castilian) Dub is better. I swear to god, the English voice is so garbage I would have dropped it if I couldn't change it. So glad I played it AFTER the patch.

Oh god, I heard it hates Nvidia.

Move over to Vulkan you fucking retards. Seriously, there's no reason not to use Vulkan. Vulkan benefits the user in almost every conceivable way, such as being able to combine an NVidia and an AMD card in a multi-card configuration that can use the processing power of both cards.

Developers still using OpenGL are even more fucking stupid than developers using DirectX.

Yiga clan need a upgrade.

Stop being autistic.

I think the joke is that all of the korok seeds were just like Hetsu's gift

Could you take a screen capture of this plaque, so I can translate it better? It's on the great plateau

How much does Nintendo pay you Mark?
Is it per thread or per hour?

Here you go, hope this helps.

Can I play this on PC? Is it working fine?

The game functions just fine. The question is do you have the hardware to play it.

Is there some kind of special requirement?

You just need a pretty beefy CPU. Also if you're an Nvidia user 16 GB RAM preferred, but 8 is fine.

BOTW is good, and it made me feel that sense of open world wonder that few games do, that feel that I can go anywhere I like right at the start and just explore for exploration's sake.
It could have been a great throwback to the original NES but they forgot the underworld dungeons and mazes. If instead of the Divine Beasts and the Shrines we instead found caves and entrances to underground ruins (actual ruins to explore! not a few broken walls and that hallway at the bottom of the canyon in West Hyrule) it would be have infinitely better. With a bit more development time they could have worked the various Shrine puzzles in to the labyrinths themselves, as well as a few more enemy varieties as seen in

which would have been fucking amazing.
They spent so much time on the overworld experience they forgot that most of the fun in Zelda is the underworld and the dungeons. And the underworld dangers would have perfectly complemented the comfy overworld.
Maybe in a sequel they will fix that shit.

Multiple cores are for servers where many completely independent tasks are running. Regular software, even if heavily threaded, generally isn't very parallelizable and just needs a fast core.

Vulkan isn't anywhere near as portable as OpenGL and it's unclear if it will survive.

Can I run it well with a 2500k and a R9 290?

OC the 2500k and it should run relatively nice. It's all free, so just try it.

You know, your explanation basically made me realize this game is the reverse of Skyward Sword.

Also figures the jap comic would have the most balls.

Srsly though Zelda's booty in BOTW is fucking magnificent.

How's the PC port coming along?

It runs near perfectly as of 1.9.0 given you don't have a complete toaster and use the GPUFenceSkip option. It used to have random crashes but those were fixed as of 1.8.2

more Zelda bending over themed pics

Is there a date for when the only necessary thing will be the emulator and the game image?

Fuck. I was hoping it would be a Yeti/Anouki village.

paya's a better booty waifu

No, but it generally gets better every patch.

Now you fight Caramba Ganon
He has a sombrero and a poncho, everyone will cry

Also, rito down bed means rito in the bed with you.
That's why you hear a girl laughing.

Mexican Themed Zelda, hmmmmm.
I WOULD like to see the Wind Waker Rito make a comeback

Skyward sword is just a bad Zelda game, it's a bad game in general. It's so bad that even for the majority of people that started with it, it will not be remembered fondly. Part of the reason that BOTW is so heavily hyped is because it follows the worst game in the series.

le femboy link is le best trap xD

So far the only open world game that I've not gotten bored running through is Dragon's Dogma. It also doesn't help that you have to abandon your horse constantly, or that the horses have a retarded auto-steer that you can't turn off.

Congratulations for making the shittiest posts of the day アホウ

Thank you! There's a whole bunch of stuff that can be translated in the game. Most of it really isn't significant, but it is neat none the less. Most things just say stuff like "Dungeon", "Read Me", "Shutter" etc, but some of the Shiekah translations are just little hidden easter eggs like
Distilling Stone (like in towers) say "Master using it and you can have this"
Beacons you place in overworld for map, when you look through your scope "It's dangerous to go alone"

You can read about the Hylian / Shiekah / Gerudo translations at
zelda.gamepedia.com/Hylian_Language_Translations/Breath_of_the_Wild
zelda.gamepedia.com/Sheikah_Language_Translations
zelda.gamepedia.com/Gerudo_Typography_Translations

What is probably the most interesting translation is the one about the "lost prince". People actually translated pages in a story book the mayor's kid was reading in Hateno. This linked video thinks about it way too deeply, but it does talk about it.
skip to 1min 21 second mark

Impa doesn't really say that, does she? I've only seen Impa say that "it's best to change the subject" whenever that was brought up.

I translated it and I wouldn't have been able to do it without your help! Thank you!

It's a little anti-climatic. Essentially it says

ON THIS DAY
THE KING OF HYRULE
OPENED
THIS STRUCTURE
TO THE PUBLIC

I was kind of let down. I was translating the end of "structure" first and thought it was going to spell "future", but in the end it's just talking about the statues.

Again, thank you very much!

If you are able to, could you take one more photo? It's of the open book you see everywhere, like in Pura's diary, Paya's diary, Robby's Diary, Riju's diary, the gossip books, etc. They all have the same "text" or "texture map" or whatever. I doubt it's anything interesting other than "marvelous, wonderful" or some nonsense, but I'd like to give it a try. Your screenshots are so much better than mine because they're emulated, so that's why I ask. Thank you very much.

Yeah, Impa just blurts it out like an old grandma that's had one too many gins at Thanksgiving. Or this lovely grandma.

For Hitler dubs, I'll go grab a screenshot for you now.

I went and double checked and Paya's diary and the rumour mill books have different pages. I've taken shots of both. I'll go through and find as many books as I can tomorrow and upload some more for you to translate.

Wow, thank you!!
It took a whole group of people to to translate that other book, but I'll certainly try to translate the one for the rumor mill type book! I didn't know Paya's book was different, it's written in that "top to down, then left to right" style that japanese people write in! Amazing attention to detail!

i cant wait to bomb some dodongos
i cant wait to fuck a shark loli

I've seen that sort of shit all over the place. I think a large portion of the mainstream aren't familiar with the term "role playing game" and genuinely believe the whole genre is Skyrim. Kinda like how for a while all shooters were Halo and later CoD to these people.

Do normalfags even know what modding is?

all video games are nintendos

Normalfags think modding is some sort of "shitty bonus stuff" the companies make that's too hard to install or ruins the game.

Also I'm sick of the Dark Souls review meme. Every damn time now "its like Dark Souls in the future! Its like Dark Souls and Skyrim had a baby! Its literally Dark Souls but with guns! Its as good as Dark Souls! Its better than Dark Souls! Its good, but not as good as Dark Souls…". Its nothing but plebs, bazingafags and 15yo now.

Okay. Now I'm beyond pissed. 87% of humanity deserve the nukes!

Classic.

The future Amiibo functions are concerning. I hope they are required for the DLC. Just want something that is just extra like the others.

Paya's diary and the book of worries in the main room in Impa's house are the same, and the rumour books are the same too, even the EX rumour books from the DLC. So there you go, user. Hope you can tell me what they say.

when he gives you wheat does he say "hands off my bread!"?

I'm going to ask for help with that one, so it might take me a while. The other book like that took forever to translate & a whole team to translate.

In the mean time, here's something I found to translate easy.

Here's some other useful links for Breath of the Wild

=RECIPES=
orcz.com/Breath_of_the_Wild:_Recipes

=ARMOR & ARMOR UPGRADE LIST=
heavy.com/games/2017/03/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-armor-upgrades-materials-star-fragments-lynel-hoof/

=COMBAT DAMAGE MECHANICS=
gamefaqs.com/boards/189707-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/75149333

=MAPS=
Interactive map
zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/

Object Map
mrcheeze.github.io/botw-object-map/

Sub-Bosses map
i.imgur.com/JMfasVN.jpg

world discovery locations
mrcheeze.github.io/botw-waypoint-map/

Zoras have always been best grills

Does Zelda really turn into an independent strong woman at the end of BotW?

Eh, its only enabled by Link busting his ass, the game does suck ass though if thats what you want to know.

Wait, your thread go deleted so you went and make one on cuckchan? fuck this place is a joke.

That wasn't me who made the thread, but i am asking because of the deleted thread.

This is the ending. The thread was obvious bait, the only things that happen is that she helps you beat Ganon like most of the games, they reflect on the journey, they talk about how they're going to help the people of Hyrule recover, then they kiss.

ah, thank you.

Hahahahahahahaha, wait. On disc dlc? Fucking really? Hahahahahahahahaha!

Ok! We got it translated! A user in reddit actually had it translated already!
reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/6rg2kw/need_help_translating_these_books_please/dl54kr2/

It turns out that both books, the ones like Paya's "japanese style" diary, and the other regular books, both say the same thing!

page 1
APRIL FIRST
TODAY WAS A SHY HOT AND SUNNY DAY I WENT TO SCHOOL THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT DOCUMENT

page 2
APRIL SECOND
YESTERDAY WAS FOOLS DAY EVERYTHING THAT I WROTE WAS FALSE THAT IS ALL
SEE YOU TOMORROW

For the cook books, the second page is substituted with the text HOW TO COOK and a picture about cooking.

After this, the only thing left to translate that I can think of is Purah's book

some more random art

Serious question
about key items in this game, and your opinion on this system.
So, one of the most common complaints I hear is that you get all the key items right at the beggining of the game. I can understand that, and even relate a bit.
The reason I still like this system over previous games is this:
In classical zelda games (up 'til LTTP) whenever a new item was introduced, usually through a dungeon, it addid a new game mechanic that was used extensively in that dungeon, but it also carried over the overworld and possibly otehr dungeons.
New zelda games reduced that mechanic to dungeon-exclusive items. In twilight princess (the last console zelda I played, because this triggered me that much) you ONLY use the gale boomerang, your first item, in it's very own dungeon, and in the LAST dungeon (the one that makes you use a little bit of every item in the game anyway).
So, even if there's no "item aquisition" in BOTW, at least the key items are all used in the overworld, and that saciated a little bit of my pet peeve with the series.
I still think it would have been better if they gave you a single item on the great plateau (most likelly bombs, the most iconic zelda item), and spread other key-item shrines across the map. Upon finding a shrine that requires an item you don't have, it would bar your entrance, but still unlock it's fast travel. How would YOU have handled this issue, anons?

Well, I god double dubs. Kek agrees with me.
Just wanted to make a correction. I believe the last Zelda that actually used the classical mechanic
was actually The Wind Waker, but it only counts to some items, not all of them.

should i find all the memories at once? Or just continue jacking off through the whole map

You won't be able to get all the lost memories through map exploration alone; some of them are triggered by events in the main questline.
However, if you do get all twelve of the 'photo' memories, Impa will show you a 13th photo associated with the 'penultimate' memory (the 'final' one appears when you claim the Master Sword).
To answer your question, if you want to get them as early as possible, then go for it; they'll provide some motivation for completing the main quest and dungeons.

oh, ok then

I though a mechanic of gibsmedat was ongoing with memory completion (impa giving the champion tunic). I guess i should just continue with pointless exploration and have random crashes on shrines

this fucking art bothers me every time

There was a video that addressed just that, but I can't find it. It ultimately boiled down to
Old Zelda games: had items that were like keys to fit the puzzles of the dungeons, and once the dungeon was defeated the item/keys would be useless.
Breath Of Wild game: had items that were like keys to fit the puzzles of the dungeon, but in this game the entire world is the dungeon, therefore they never lost their use…what this means is less permanent tools (bombs, stasis, magnesis & cryonis).

It's also because of this, that after you defeat the great plateau you can go directly to the end of the game.

There are a few other things, like "temporary" tools. Korok leaf, element rods, but they were incorporated into the rest of the gameplay mechanics of the world.

I think the biggest thing was how "fire" was used throughout the game as a major combat gameplay mechanic, in how lighting grass on fire creates an updraft, for you to paraglide on then shoot arrows in mid air with.

Essentially it all boils down to how it takes a lot of effort to build puzzles and clever content, and do you want the overwold to be the content or dungeons to be the content?

If you say "overwords and dungeons" be the content, look at Skyward Sword and see how people reacted to that. To densely pack content into the overworld, they only made three big overworlds, and each time you revisited the overworld things would drastically change (flooded or items stolen) or you'd find new areas. Despite the new experience, because people felt they were just revisiting old areas they didn't like it.

Video games are hard to pack with good content, and everybody ALWAYS claims the overworld is always big and empty, no matter how many hidden treasure chests, koroks, paths, and content you put into it.

I think they did fine turning the dungeon into the overworld in this game, and people loved the freedom.