Mourning Thread

ITT post games that will never get a sequel despite being in sore need of one

Given today's climate, I'm honestly not sure if this is a good or a bad thing, I don't think I could handle a new Carnage Heart for today's (((modern gamer))).

Don't do this user, you'll just monkey's paw them into being rebooted with either appealing to modern gamers or the mobile phone crowd in mind. Maybe both. Either way's just going to leave you disappointed. I'd know, it's happened to me with a series I liked that seemed like it might finally be getting continuation.
Sometimes continued nothing is better than something.

At least there's the Source Code Project and all the fan-made campaigns. It's probably for the best that FS3 won't be made, because if they made it now, it would be so dumbed down that it wouldn't be worth it.

Really fun game, ends on a god damn cliffhanger.

Another really fun game that ends on a god damn cliffhanger.

Are you retarded?

obligatory

This applies to all Star Wars games. With EA having exclusive rights we'll never see a good Star Wars game ever again.

their rights expire at some point (i believe 10 years after they signed it), and disney has the option to cancel their license. i only ever heard rumours but if they're true, disney was dissatisfied enough with the sales of nubattlefront that if nubattlefront 2 doesn't deliver they might exercise that option and cancel the deal

also did better physics manipulation than half-life 2 did in the same year, such as being able to grab enemies and objects but still have a free hand to shoot your weapon with, and you could psychic surf with objects. its such a shame the game didn't survive

Too bad Advance Wars series is dead as much as Obamacare getting repealed.

Mega Man Legends 2 has to be said, just to get it out of the way.

But also, TimeSplitters 4 Never Fucking Ever.

Who gives a shit when they expire? By then all we're going to get is games about Jew Jews Abram's shitshow with the Maw of Sauron, the gay Jewish spic and the nigger front and center.

I'd rather they never make games again or leave EA to run the IP into the ground.

one thing at a time. with exclusivity out the window and the worst vidya company of all time out of the picture, we might get a decent star wars vidya again one day. worst case scenario with HD remasters being so popular who knows, we might get a version of TIE Fighter or Jedi Knight or something with updated visuals (and hopefully nothing else changed but who are we kidding)

All games posted ITT dont deserve sequels

I find it very telling that out of all the Star Wars fan mods basically none of them even pretend the new shitshow even exists. They all still go with the old EU.

(You)

Bruh, have you ever paid attention to how Artdink does release cycles? All their IPs outside of the A-Train games go on hiatus for a few years.
Look at Neo Atlas, It took 16 years to get a new game. Carnage Heart will probably get a new game after they do their Lunatic Dawn revival.

Aren't there five CH games in total?

6 games on actual systems.

Does F.E.A.R count? It had shit sequels and ruined the potential the series had.

i was obsessed with psi ops for such a long time, there isn't nearly enough good 'physics' games

1 and 2 were good. 3 threw it all away. Andromeda was an attempt to escape the disaster of ME3 by essentially rebooting the series, and it didn't work, because it was itself a disaster.