It's an RPG so bullet sponge enemies are okay

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/gaming/2017/07/17/atari-crowdfunding-campaign-ataribox/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This game had the most disjointed story I've experienced in a while.

Hello Teebs, how's your treatment going?

comicbook.com/gaming/2017/07/17/atari-crowdfunding-campaign-ataribox/

Now we know who's the culprit here.

but seriously whenever i got off a good multi-hit Demon's Gate into a group of monsters i'd get turgid

Was her special move sniffing petrol?

I didn't really use the squirt in any of my playthroughs. I always liked celine more. Squrit's voice is more grating than Opera and Precis combined.

We wuz edgy and shit.

I'm pretty sure if a cop tried that shit, they'd be in jail. This shit reads like some edgy 15 year old wrote it.

You forgot Borderlands.

How frustating to shoot at an enemy several times in the head and it doesn't go down.
Devs need to understand it only works in games where you can do combo and dodge attacks with a wide variety of enemies with different attack pattern. Not a game where your only options are either shooting or getting your ass in cover to wait for your health/shield to recover

Too bad there's an army of enablers who keeps buying and defending that kind of game

dude borderlands 2 is so fucking popular, like insanely popular, and it's so f ucking SHIT, I knew borderlands was shit an hour into the first game and when it blew up I was like "yeah I guess it's sorta novel" and then when the second one came out I was expecting it to flop so hard but it didn't, it sold like fucking hotcakes, and I just FUCKING HATE THESE GODDAMN NORMALFAG SHEEP FAGGOTS WHO BUY THIS SHIT SO FUCKING MUCH

From what I've heard that shit wasn't in the original game., they added it in the remaster.

Bullet sponge enemies are alright if the player himself is a bullet sponge as well. Also, sometimes you want bullet sponge enemies for the sake of gameplay. Imagine beating the final boss by killing him with a single headshot. If the game has any fantasy elements then that would just be a big fucking letdown.

Maybe that is why most modern FPSs doesn't have bosses?
Because they are nearly always bullet sponge shit.

You might be onto something.

I know there's plenty of shitty games in which bullet sponge enemies are annoying as fuck but it's not the bullet sponges per se that makes those games shit. They're just horrible overall. It is possible to have fun bullet sponges as well. In some games like in GTA San Andreas headshotting enemies with a submachine gun from a mile away is just so damn easy that it almost feel like cheating, so headshots causing an instakill can be a bad idea as well.

Surely no one is this retarded

why are you playing those turds?

Whenever I get reminded of this fuck I get legitimately annoyed.

I've got some terrible news

You know you're not wrong and I can't really disagree with you, however your post reads like you're 14 and its obvious you shouldn't be posting here.

Neither of these games come anywhere close to resembling "okay"

Isn't this fuck dead yet?

Dead game is dead.

Its amazing how fast this game disappeared.

oh the irony

bethesda "rpgs" thread?

we can only hope

Improvement through leveling-up and getting stat boosts rather than player skill is the most important defining factor of an RPG.
If enemies aren't bullet sponges to be overcome with grinding, then why have stat leveling at all?

What rpgs do you even play?

RPG games are trash made for faggots that cant get gud. they arent any better than faggots that play walking simulators and animated cinematics.

There is a reason most weebshit is a rpg. Weebs are homosexuals and casuals with a delusional sense of superiority.

You know something is broken when faggots keep trying to hide the obvious truth.

Just add recoil, bullet drop, and bullet spread to make headshots tougher.

Good idea

Doesn't GTA on consoles have crosshair that gravitate towards targets anyway?

Even worse, they have hard lock auto aim. Like on old Resident Evil.

well apparently his whole family has a case of cancer of some sorts.
His wife has some sort of womb cancer or something, and he's got liver cancer now too thought that may have been operated on already.
From what I hear their son and dog may just have cancer too.

I wouldn't call them casual, but I do agree that they're less stressful to play than shooters like Arma and Counter Strike.

It's a pain if you go full auto, but you're encouraged to make precise shots that you estimate. Had no issue when Bad Company 2 had those mechanics.

You can cheese your way out of the dificulty in any rpg. Only way you cant call them casual is if you are one of those people thats thinks the amount of time they play makes them hardcore.

People that play mmorpgs just idling and talking on in game chats are the one with most gaming time btw

I used to think so until I played The Last Remenant.

Is Deus Ex the only RPG that got weapon skills right? They do not magically make your weapons do more damage like in Fallout 3/NV, you only aim better.

The best part is I just gave you a answer to how make a bullet sponge in your game.
Make it Quake. Enemies shouldn't die after being hit multiple times. Enemies should give you a challenge. As long as they do you might shoot at them indefinitely. Take Fiend as an example. It would be the most boring enemy if he had hitscan or some shit.
Shadow Warrior was notorious for making everything have too much HP on highest difficulty. At the same time SW gave you dodge and forced you to move around to not die. As a result I finished entire game instead of dropping it like Borderlands 2.

Just run away till your shield regenerates :^)
Seriously fuck CoD.

lmao, weapon skill in DX is tied to weapon damage. Unlike in FO1 and 2.

You mena that game where you can just run straight to next cutscene and the game gets even easier because of it?

But that's wrong though.

Consider the following: Visible health bars are used as a crutch for developers not bothering to make decent hit reactions.

You are not talking about visible health bars. You are talking about Hit Marks.
Visible health bar would be equal to damage on enemy model.

So how would you do it? Thats a pretty big challenge for say multiplayer shooters since even in the casual kind it'd be quite shit if when you got shot you'd have to wait for you character to stop flailing about if thats what you want.
Let alone that it isnt very realistic so not even milsims benefit from it.

That picture should say "FOV Slider" instead. Its more similar to "Godfather"

He's probably talking about enemies in The Division and Destiny.

Lots of games have bullet sponge equivalents. Just comes down to takes a lot of hits to kill them. Most strategy involved is not getting hit by them.

Oh my fuck

It's only popular because people like the steady stream of loot. Diablo is really the ancestor of all these games.
The issue with loot based games is that they're ladders to nowhere. Once you get the best stuff what are you supposed to do?
In Action-RPGs low level enemies are easily defeated, while high level enemies will take an extra-ordinary, unreasonable amount of damage.

Someone needs to go into his home with a Geiger counter…sounds like there might be some radiation or something going on over there.

I live in the Georgian Triangle region of Ontario
Apparently we have one of the highest rates of breast cancer in the world. IN THE FUCKING WORLD. My mom actually got it and had it successfully treated like two years ago. We're "somewhat close" to the Bruce Nuclear Power Plant, about 100km away on a shoreline

THREE
SECOND
COOLDOWN