Beat 'em ups thread

How do I git gud at Streets of Rage 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/EBOlA
pixiv.net/member.php?id=3567034
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No idea. Never really played 2. In the first game Blaze had an infinite combo that I used to cheese my way through.

By playing the far superior Bare Knuckle 3.

You play Streets of Rage 3.

Was replaying Golden Axe for the Genesis, is the AI just shitty cheater?
I can't ride any mount at all for more than 2 seconds before the nearest 3 mobs start tackling me off, and fuck being about to actually do damage with them.
I don't remember the arcade version having this problem

Play as max and spam the baseball slide/powerbombs.

This has got to be the supreme bait of all times. Oh, my fucking God. I am mad.

Use the double tap forward + attack special move.

SOR2 is the worst in the series.
SOR3>R>1>2

Use Max.

Go look up the speedrun and use some of the tricks he uses.

Stop.

What difficulty, and which character do you play as?
Some general tips:
Memorize enemy patterns and attacks.
Utilize each character's unique fighting style.
Keep in mind the locations of health and use those as checkpoints, also find all the hidden extra lives.

The only thing that 3 is better at is that it isn't as stiff as 2, everything else is much worse, I'd usually rather play the first one, as bare bones as it is.

The ai in Golden axe is a piece of shit cheating bastard, at least in SOR2 i can get to the final boss and die there, GA one is just awful.

Learn to stunlock opponents
Never get surrounded
Double-tap forward + punch to do an uppercut
Weapons can be thrown

You shouldn't die until you get to Death Bringer.

What the fuck are you people on about. Golden Axe is probably one of the easier Beat em' ups you can play…

Holy shit how will Trump ever recover?

Recover from what? Jews support him, as long as he does what they want he's fucking invincible.

Learn Max's elbow drop to back breaker cross-up. Become unstoppable.

Teach me sempai.

You should play Battle Circuit instead

The down+attack jump attack won't knock enemies away. With Max, master doing it in a deep jump so that when you land, you'll grab the enemy from behind - Max can't vault so this his most valuable tool to set up his back breaker which does a shit ton of damage to the enemy caught in it and everyone else you land on (it's how I beat Mr. X - by backdropping enemies into him). I think the only thing that does more damage is the choke but that leaves you vulnerable for ages.

Another thing - hold attack+jump if a enemy throws you into the air to land properly and negate the damage.

Used to play SoR1 and 2 a lot as a kid. Even beat it SoR2 on Mania where enemies basically run 5 laps around you then kill you with a 3 hit combo. Good times.

I do it with up+jump before i hit the ground.

Well, what's your current level? How far can you get without using any continue? Is there a particular boss that makes you lose a lot of lives?

Checked. What he really mean is

You can actually go from level 0 to 4 in Bare Knuckle 3 if you earn enough points without dying. Higher levels give you stronger special attacks performed with directional inputs + X.
Dunno about BK2 tho.

is this what you do with your days off from writing for hareetz?

he means what level can you make it to without getting killed i think SOR1 i can make it to rocketbelt man without dying. then i die like 5x on rocketbelt man because he's a dickhead.

Aside from SOR and GA can anyone name some good beatemups? SNES or genesis preferred, but any are appreciated that i can emulate.

Knights of the Round > Mighty Morphin Power Rangers > Final Fight > rest

Reported for off topic and derailing.

really?

this board has IDs Chaim. you frequent too many boards to keep track?

Will you niggers stop derailing the thread?
Have some box art covers.

What went wrong?

I've never gotten into beat em ups, other than the classics. What are some underrated ones I should try?

Cadillac and dinosaurs.

whats the best way to emulate this? i have trouble getting mame to work with anything other than a keyboard.

are those the same zionists that publish how he's an anti-semite when the audience is jews, then switch and call him a jew slave when shilling to whites? like the multiple hareetz articles calling trump a jewish puppet?

well, aside from all that its not like he's done anything to expose jews and israel that previous administrations would never do. like send a bunch of FBI agents directly to israel and arrest the jew calling in bomb threats to jewish centers while israel stood by and did nothing.

you seem very receptive to jewry. are you jewish?

Keyboard is fine as long You're using the numpads for buttons.

DRUMPF BTFO!!

If hotpocket is at large he also should ban these >>13071303>>13072071>>13072584>>13072620
All Reported

i believe it runs in final burn alpha (though i'm not certain). you might have better luck adding a controller/stick in that.

Is there anything like zbattle (now defunct) to play online with Kega Fusion? I just prefer having a service like this instead of goinh around asking people for IP addresses.

i hate using keyboard for games that have simple button layouts. but i'll give it a try if the game is good enough.

any other suggestions for good beatemups? i've been in the mood to play one with a more complex combat system. i wish i had a 2.5d beatemup with godhand complexity.

i use the ds4 controller. finding anything compatible has been a nightmare and its currently my only working controller i can use on PC.. my logitech ones all have problems with analog drift that drives me insane. and my xbox controller doesnt even get detected. ive been pretty much limited to snes, genesis, and psx games. my pj64, neogeo, and tg16 has all been giving me problems.

is cheating prevalent on zbattle?

you could check out kaillera, it probably supports at least one genesis emulator

that does sound irritating, is it possible for you to just wrap the controller and convert it to dinput?
feels good not having used an official console gamepad in years.

I definitely could clear both 1 and 2 without using continues and I think I did as well without losing lives; not sure about SoR1 though as that had some seriously tough moments (stages 5 and 8).

Might not be patient zero, but it's certainly a very early case of (((localization))). The story was completely changed, it was censored and had some absurdly arbitrary changes like the default colors for the characters being the alternates.

Sengoku 3 is really good.
Capcom's Alien vs Predator and D&D haven't been mentioned; kinda obvious but gonna bring it up just in case.
There's also Dragon's Crown (I'd kill for a sequel or even an expansion for this).

i actually like the ds4 thus far. i paid like $20 for it and it uses mini usb so i can just grab a cell charger or a long one for under $1. for me kb+m is only preferable for FPS and RTS. or TPS if it has FPS controls

thats sort of how i was able to get the ds4 to work with those 3 emulators. they both let me manually map any input device to it. i could use buttons on a microphone as controller buttons if i wanted.

thanks, i'll look into those 3 games… D&D? dungeons and dragons?

yup

Before they became SJW assholes, Hardcoregaming101 was a good source for knowing about some obscure titles. Their beat 'em up index is still pretty helpful:
archive.is/EBOlA

huh, i had no idea there was a D&D themed golden axe game.

sengoku 3 looks awesome and had a release on the super famicom, this is my best shot. the rest are on platforms currently unreachable for me.

This guy keeps wrecking me hard. Also the dudes with the claws.

Red bear is a scumbag.
He's fast as fuck and punches like a truck, just side step him all day every day.

For Bear, I always use the katana you get in the part with the bikers and ninjas; hold on to that thing for dear life and when I get to him, poor guy can't do shit.
For the "Blankas" (used to call 'em that), IIRC the best opportunity to attack is when they run at you, if you walk into them, you'll get a hold on them.
The wrestler used to give me the most trouble until I found the sweet spot of his hurtbox where you can hit him and not get BTFO by his c-c-c-combo breaker.

Side note, speaking of the Sega classics, it still baffles me how much better GA1 is than the sequels. It's short but the pacing is great; sadly the home version lacked some of the nifty effects like the enemies petrifying when defeated and Death Adder's appearance.
GA2 just feels like a drab restep of GA while GA3 is just there.
GA was a interesting game, especially for co-op because practically every session would start with a argument over who gets to play as "the dwarf".

Will Paprium be good?

when i used to play GA in the arcades as a kid, i was the only one who wanted the drawf. everyone else wanted fabio. (or xena)

That's interesting for sure, for a verdict we need to wait until it comes out.

GA2 is amazing in that it is nearly identical to the first game, yet it manages to be completely underwhelming compared to it. GA3 is underrated in my opinion and my favorite in the series that came out on home consoles.

Looks pretty interesting. Doubly interesting that it seems to require a Mega Drive/Genesis

The music is amazing though, the best in the series.

When it comes, I'll tell you.

Wilderness though.

Oh yeah! Let's not forget the REAL Golden Axe 2 - Revenge of Death Adder. Arcade only but that shit's awesome.

The game itself most likel will be at-least somewhat fun but considering how the devs handled their previous release it's gonna be a shitshow where you have to spend 80 bucks on a cartridge that is almost always out of stockand won't be able to pirate the game in any way because the flashcart / emudev moralfaggots will refuse to implement support for the new mapper and then maybe years down the line it'll get a sensibly priced release on recent platforms

I like it.

You know despite what they said, and despite GA1 being a competent port, i still think that they could've done much better with the genesis games, like having GA1 much more similar to the arcade version and GA2 being better graphically and overall, since many other genesis/MD games proved that the console could've done much more.

Jumpkicks. or if you're Max jumpelbows

Are you gay?

I just use a ds3 with ds3 tool to trick computer into treating it as a xbox 360 controller and it works like a charm on everything.

Just spam this

Vendetta is great, you can also get humped by gays and dogs

they even removed hard gay from the game

I went down a rabbit hole recently and compiled a bunch of beu's to try:

Also, one that gets overlooked and is super-underrated, Superman arcade.

I'd add Sengoku 3, Guardians (fucking love that game, it has quite a big roster and movesets) and Punisher.

Help me remember a game Holla Forums, I only saw it once at the arcades when I was a kid. You seemed to play with black teens/kids and they were all pallette swaps, and they had backwards baseball caps, or at least it LOOKED like that, my memory is fuzzy.

What would be your ideal beat-em-up, if you could create/pay for it, Holla Forums?

Music style? Composer?
Pixel sprites? Cel-shade 3D models? Dragon's Crown-ish? Something different?
Level-up system, yes or no?
Breakable weapons?
Combo system, yes or no?
Should you be allowed to run?

I'm just throwing out that there, add or describe as you'd like.

Also Fighting Force, which was fucking amazing and had me hopeful it would kick off a 3d beat 'em ups trend, then Eidos shit the bed by taking some other shit game that had fuck all to do with the series and calling it Fighting Force 2.

I'm waiting for two things: a modern day, hi-poly count beat 'em up with combos and fighting game style moves and a retro style sprite animation beu that brings back the flavor of the batshit crazy 90's japanese games.

That is, a 3d modern day etc etc… basically the sequel to this:

I was promised but never got. Seriously, if you haven't played it yet, go play this game. Yeah, the graphics haven't aged well but it's a fun game.

Also add Pit Fighter Arcade to the list. It's on the borderline of being a fighter but it's another game that took a ton of quarters from me back in the day.

I'm pretty sure we already had Die hard and dynamite cop at that point in time.

Also censored the clothing of the prostitutes.

The nigger is actually my favorite character in BK1. Also the special attack which is summoning rocket launcher guy who then shoots it from a patrol sportscar was hilarious.

ALLRIGHT
ALLRIGHT
ALLRIGHT

Streets of Rage 2 is pretty easy. What exactly are you stuggling at?

Any idea who's the artist? Need info for some research

What beat em ups have the best grappling?

Attempts at popularizing 3D beat 'em ups aren't few, but seems like they didn't manage to attract a lot of people. I would say some might have seen them as some kind of "capped GTA" with less exploration and where you don't use weapons (most of the time, at least).

Denjin Makai and Guardians 2 are awesome beat 'em ups that I will always recommend.

also why does no one talk about sengoku 3?

Demolish Fist was anothe 3D beat 'em up

Also does Urban Reign count as a beat em up?

I hope Blue Marys abs return in XV

It's too hard. It's like the Dark Souls of beat em' ups.

SOR3 is the best in the series. I bonded with a complete stranger over it. We enjoyed it so much we beat it twice.

You both have shit taste.

And you get wrecked by GA, probably one of the easiest games in existence.

oi you there, stop

pixiv.net/member.php?id=3567034

Perhaps even the Crash Bandicoot of the genre.

It's still a good source, just don't give them any money. You are running adblockers aren't you user?

Fuck people and their shit taste.

I got adblockers, yeah. Just that folks tend to be finicky about links that aren't archived and I got accustomed to do it.

Honestly user, I know it may not look like it but you should count that as a blessing.
That game you like gets popular and the devs realize they got a cash cow on their hands so it's time to open the floodgates - art direction is mellowed down and the gameplay is simplified because this sequel is a new beginning where they want everyone to feel included. It's third world immigration applied to gaming; you're now a minority in your fandom and the majority are a bunch of assholes with no real love for the series.
That said, things aren't all that hopeless, sometimes there are devs, the most absolute of madmen, who don't give a shit about normalfag shekels and are loyal to their vision to the bitter end.

I believe the always-be-archiving thing is more for news stories on cancerous clickbait blogs, kind of doubtful that anyone gives a shit how many pageviews HG101 gets on their articles about obscure nip games but now that I've said that watch some faggot get his panties in a twist over it.

Archive is so they don't get clicks, period.

(checked)
Thanks user.

Recommend me beat-em-ups with fappable chicks. MAME, emulators, cheap games on Steam or doujins games.
I still get a raging stuffy for Tyris on any Golden Axe, same for Blaze on Streets of Rage.

Sengoku 3
D&D
Battle Circuit
Final Fight 2
Banpresto's Sailor Moon arcade game; the Genesis one is also pretty fun

Added bonus that these games are also good.

There was that Fullflap game. Succubus Fist?

Castle Crashers.

-Removed Ash because he was a giant fag stereotype. Worst part is that the way they replaced him winds up ruining the surprise return of an enemy from SoR2.
-Changed the colors of protagonists clothes for no reason
-Forced female enemies wear modest clothes despite not doing that in the previous SoR games
-Completely changed the plot and removed references about explosives
-Cut out the badass intro
-Cranked up the difficulty to absurd heights to cut down on rentals. This was done completely against the design of the original Japanese version and was meant to just gain more shekels.

I really like aces wild

le bump

Wow, console games shouldn't die out with each generation, I like this idea of returning to old consoles and selling new games. This type of renaissance could spark a resurgence of old consoles coming out of closets, and a rejection of modern console companies. Get some old guys that used to make games for / engines for genesis/snes/n64/ps1 era and they can profit directly from the sales. Screw mega companies.

Watch this video, you will learn a lot of tricks.

This shit is exactly as retarded as I expected it to be. Honestly, though, I think Streets of Rage would make a decent cheesy action movie. Mr X. decides to take over the town for whatever reason, sends his goons to start a large scale road war against the police, have the heroes split up into multiple teams all fighting their way through the city to the Syndicate's headquarters, maybe save some civilians along the way, and it all culminates in a fight with Mr. X., happy feel good bullshit after they defeat him, and that's it.