Pinball: The Analog Vidya

It's been a while since the last pinball thread, so here we go.
Pinball vidya is of course also permitted, such as Pinball Arcade and Virtual Pinball.
I recommend Safe Cracker, a surprisingly fun timer-based table with a built-in board game and collectable token gimmick.
Also, obligatory link to a yarhar of Pinball Arcade: mega.nz/#!sJwQBZZY!HMZ99ObTIQFz9_mA718mEEj5cKvYGWZUu3_nWt6Mu_c

Pinball didn't age well :/

This tbh

Well, I understand how you feel. I personally think it's a comfy change from my usual vidya, but to each their own.

Some of the boards on pinball fx 2 are good modern tables. There are still alot of good classic tables too. Black knight is still alot of fun.

Regular or 2000?

I prefer regular

You're the first person I've seen who prefers Black Knight over the sequel. May I ask why?

I like oldet tables. Newer ones have too many sound effects and music and its distracting.

Fair enough. I do love me some old tables.

Gorgar is probably my most favorite older table. The heartbeat makes it tense as shit.

Have you played Centaur? That shit's fucking intense.

Not yet. Ive been recovering from my last high score run of gorgar and im giving myself a rest from that. I think i got like 860k. I think i'll make centaur my next main machine.

Space Invaders was like that as well.
Good times.

Funhouse is also another fun one, though its more recent than most of the ones i like. Really, i like most that arent dot matrix machines. Dot matrix machines really inflated point counts to the point where they meant nothing anymore.

Ah, right. The fucking power creep. It makes it nearly impossible to compare scores between pinball machines because of the fucked-up scaling.

There are some dot matrix machines that avoided point creep, like mideval madness and arabian nights. Those you have to atleast get to the end of the events to break 100 mil. Somewhere around 2000 machines started going into billions and thats where i refuse to play.

My favorite machine, Safe Cracker, doesn't have creep. On a good run, I can get maybe 1 million points. But I usually score in the 6-digit-numbers.

Is safecracker on pinball arcade? I wanna try it but im not near anywhere that has pinball machines.

Of course. It's one of the Season 4 tables.

*listens to nerds talking about nerd shit*
Uh, haha, yeah, totally…
*Quietly leaves while nerds blather on*

Quality post my dude, I thought you already left tbh.

Nice, im gonna give it a go when i get bored of my backlog.

I love everything about centaur except its sound effect,.

I've been playing pokemon pinball ruby/sapphire on my phone.
I prefer the original gbc's pokes and soundtrack, nut the physics in it are janky, the ball just goes where it wants.
How does tilting actually work in real life pinball machines? In the pokemon pinball games you can lift the flippers and tilt to make a ball rolling under it jump up from the hole, is this possible in physical machines?

In short, you don't actually tilt the machine because that'll cause TILT and freeze the flippers. You actually nudge it a little to very slightly influence the ball.
That said, I'm not sure if that's possible or not, because I usually avoid nudging because I'm a casul.

I actually prefer the background sound, and think it's more unsettling than Gorgar's. Also…
DESTROY CENTAUR

God the GBA games was so fucking good
I remember I only had one friend that owned it, one day he lent it to me and I kept it for two years

I thought this was fun.

Recently played Monster Bash for the first time. Holy fuck was I missing out.

Visual Pinball and PinMAME are overlooked treasures.

Thats the machine with all the classic monsters in a band, yeah? The creature from the lagoon is a bitch to hit consistantly.

Indeed, and I agree.

See the above.
Sage because I already bumped this past few minutes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

A reminder that the Creature from the Black Lagoon table has very little to do with the Creature from the Black Lagoon

They should have called it "drive in pinball"

What is the best machine?
And why is it Red & Ted?

incorrect.

best digital only pinball.

You basically smack the table to nudge the ball a bit, though if you do it too hard the cabinet will detect it and lock up.

I really should try that one. I'll be back after a game or two.

That video has no right to be this comfy.
I'm not even into pinball that much, but this just oozes early 90's.

Even though I wasn't expecting much, the game well exceeded my expectations. A solid 7/10 at least, and I don't mean the IGN 7/10 that actually means it's shit.

Personally, I rate it 9/10 only because it seems like the only machine that actually gives a comfy as fuck feeling as you are playing.