3DS RPGs that don't suck

I want to try and play FE:Awakening.
Is there some way to fix the translation? I've obv got a CFW system with gamepatching available.

Alternatively, what are some GOOD RPGs I can play while I wait for Etrian 5 to come out? I'm debating between rune factory, stella glow, or something else entirely. Help me out goys

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!8gEXCL4J!2R5YHPYeLFIySKQukt1MtiBIPeH4NXpfHEtWNebhjAE
mega.nz/#!V9sQzKDZ!-YAiT56w64d4nv3Iyq7yA5smMvSyMDkMSpNdwxwrzFU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can't comment on the actual quality of the 3DS ports, but I certainly enjoyed Tales of the Abyss and Xenoblade on their original systems. They're not for everyone though, with the former being exceptionally prone to being love it or hate it. Xenoblade also requires a specific make of 3DS to my knowledge. And of course, those are just ports anyhow; if you're looking for something specific to the 3DS itself, you might look elsewhere (though in PAL, Tales of the Abyss is a regional 3DS exclusive, being that Namco didn't give them the PS2 original).

Just some thoughts though. I'm honestly not real familiar with the 3DS' library myself, considering I don't have one. Did any other "New 3DS" (or whatever) specific games aside from Xenoblade ever get release anyhow?

Persona Q is pretty much EO starring the guys from P3 or P4 (you choose at the beginning) plus the monster summoning stuff from those games. You just randomly get cards after battle though, so no negotiations.
Game (undub)
mega.nz/#!8gEXCL4J!2R5YHPYeLFIySKQukt1MtiBIPeH4NXpfHEtWNebhjAE
DLC (undub)
mega.nz/#!V9sQzKDZ!-YAiT56w64d4nv3Iyq7yA5smMvSyMDkMSpNdwxwrzFU
Regular version's on Freeshop if you want to hear Ashly Burch so much.

Pick up Shin Megami Tensei IV if you haven't played it already. One of the best games on the system in my opinion. I hear SMT IV: Apocalypse is even better but I haven't played it yet.

Dark Cloud

Fire emblem: Echoes
Monster Hunter
SMT Soul Hackers
Pokemon SMD
Xenoblade Chronicles

Also what did you play already? Or did you just get the system?

I'll never understand what people find in this boring ass series
Even Persona 4 was better

Here's your reply.

weeb

I'm afraid jrpgs is the best you'll find, op.

:^)

Pretty much this.

SMT IV doesn't do the series justice, sadly. MegaTen's prime left with Okada.

IV was better than most other smt entries. It's only flaws are shared with pretty much all the other smt games. 4 final improved the general combat system faintly, which leads me to believe the devs are trying to fix smt in general itself, since everyone seems to play it in exactly the same way nowadays.

Yes, specifically it. I am talking about "it". When I talk about other things, I'll talk about "others" too. Words. English. etc. Understand?

You gonna finish whatever the hell you're trying to imply?

I'm at the beginning in PQ and it's alright so far. I'm a big sucker for EO gameplay since I've played through 2, 3, 4 and U1.

Dagda did nothing wrong.

Holy fuck no. Those games are awful, unbalanced, poorly written messes.

SMT IV: Fuck the God of Abraham, they should have called it.

Persona after Eternal Punishment is a steaming pile of shit. Fuck social links. Fuck high school sim bullshit. Fuck it all.

I'm playing Rune Factory 4. I mean, at first I was enjoying it. But really, it's not that great. I much preferred Fantasy Life for its art style, music, dungeon design, sheer amount of quests (I love questing, even trash fetch quests). All it was missing was a better story.

I enjoyed Persona Q but then I stopped playing it. I can't remember why. I definitely don't like mechanics that limit how often I can heal my party. You should always be able to back out of a dungeon, heal your party for free and save. Otherwise your game is going to be frustrating. (A side example, I didn't like Zelda MM because of the overall time limit. I never want that weight on my shoulders, no matter how light it is.)

I was playing SMT Devil Survivor: Overclocked. Yea, I wasn't feeling it. It felt like a bit of a trudge. There was a boss near the start that upon googling I found out was notoriously and unnecessarily difficult. I beat him in the end, after a bit of grinding and planning. But I figured if that's what the rest of the game was about, then it wasn't for me. It should never be that most people recommend an hour or two of grinding to be prepared to even plan to beat a boss.

Xenoblade I played on the wii and also on dolphin. Fantastic game. Nearly flawless. I would call it a gamer friendly game. There was just one boss near the end that sucked.

Dream Team was quite enjoyable. I do recommend it.

I somehow enjoyed most of Bravely Default. Despite the grinding. I think I listened to podcasts when I needed to grind. I loved the brave-default system, the art style, the music and the story. I didn't finish the last 4 boss runs though. Not a chance was I bothered doing that. That's just not fun.

Pokemon Y was amazing.

Pokemon Sun was shit.

Any recommendations for me based on these opinions?

Etrian Odyssey 4 is objectively the best RPG on 3ds but you sound like you're too much of a bitch for it

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

The translation issues were for fates. Get your meme grievances right.

If you liked IV then you would most likely like the upcoming V. The first Untold is also a good pick for classic mode but avoid 2U as it has loads of on-cart DLC.

I've been debating just playing another EO game while I wait for 5. If I have freeshop and can just pirate all the DLC, does that make 2U worth a shot? I'm a short ways into Untold 1 and finding the party and story painfully generic raquna a cute though. Apparently 2U has a more engaging story and some quality-of-life changes?

I've heard about casualization and bosses with HP bloat but i'm not completely sure how much of that is just a meme.

I suppose it makes 2U worth a shot if you pirate it. I cannot say what the game is like since I've never played it although story mode will always be cancerous to me.

N O S T R A T E G Y

r e d d I t s p a c i n g

None. They're all shitty JRPGs

Something something Etrian Odyssey

I will continue to say this is good game.
If you want classic jRPG with mechanics that add to gameplay but doesn't change it, go for pirate.
It is also fast so it is good.

I also dropped it there but I just decided to switch to easy, put encounter rate to 0 and steamroll through it. I love that this game have these options.
You missed obvious Fairy Flies and meta street pass last boss, also tiz died but was powered by your soul. There is cut scene after you finish with him giving it back to the sky.

I don't feel bad for spoiling it and from I played of Bravely Second it is more of it so you might want to play it. Besides story being two times this stupid.

Handhelds don't have any RPGs period, unless you're one of those retards that thinks J"RPG"s are actual RPGs.

Sonic Dark Brotherhood my dude. Made by BioWare and everything.
Why does Sega have such shitty luck with 3rd party developers, even when they shouldn't be shit? It's like a curse. Sumo Digital was good for them but that's like 1 out of 8.

I hated how in Second they wasted Magnolia's potential by making her gush about Yew all the time, especially after that cool cutscene from BD.

Excluding the Baldur's Gate games because I haven't played them, Bioware has never made an actual RPG.

mandatory soundtrack

If you assume OP meant cRPG both wRPG and jRPG is correct.
Unless he really meant RPG. Then this thread should be on /tg/ but also pure wRPG should only count.

And bgs are garbo rpgs.

What are good ones? Asking solely based on curiosity.

I'm still confused as to how Bioware fucked up such a rad tune.

Fallout 1, Fallout 2, New Vegas, Planescape Torment, and Morrowind, just to name a few.

Play Inazuma Eleven GO 2: Chrono Stones, instead.

No.

Yes

No

no you don't

You could eat dog shit since that's what you like, apparently
But seriously, you might like Ever Oasis, Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and the uncensored versions of Dragon Quest 7 and 8, assuming you haven't played the originals.

Good game but the absolute dogshit localization hackjob by 8-4 ruins it. Even moreso for the sequel.

It was actually localised by Binari Sonori.

Is that Italian for 8-4?