wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page

8v.servers.moe or 8ch.servers.moe - Port: 64738 - "Vidya General" -> "Splatoon"

Post your Nintendo Network ID here for extra fun times:

>>>/smek/4

Got any dank squid memes post it in the thread whenever you can

Remember to post in-game screenshots directly for best quality;
[For Wii U owners]

——————

Does anyone like to use abilities to make fun builds? Post your favorite ones!

?CURRENT NEWS:

THEY NERFED THE FUCK OUT OF BLASTERS

Clear shots do 85 Damage. AoE shots do 3 hits
More Weapons coming down the line, like the umbrella, Bubble Blower Special

?VERY IMPORTANT:

Ice cream > Cake

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/8v4mV
lounge.nintendo.com/room/C71RwPMklk
lounge.nintendo.com/room/DPGrLKW15G
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Give me this Special

I CAN'T GET ONTO THE E-SHOP TO BUY THE THING AND THE WALMART WAS SOLD OUT

Fuck me man, the one game that is guaranteed to not be shit and I can't even get it.

OCTOED
C
T
O
E
D

Octolings are still superior.

THOSE OCTO SCUM BASTARDS

CALLIE WAS PURE GODDAMMIT

You think they'll give me some free shit if I call them up and yell at them?

I can't find any fucking amiibos, damn Nintendo's locked content bullshit and forced scarcity.
Should I do preorder from Bestbuy while it's still technically 7/20 and hope they arrive sometime before I die?

I feel your pain.

I just finally managed to get through it fam. Have faith

You got Prime too user? The fuck is goin on with this shit? Isn't the first time It's happened either, used to be no problem, day 1 or earlier you'd get it, but now it's a whole process of waiting 2 nights before release for that inevitable delay notice or lack of proper shipping notice

all i had to do is press the button. had it open at 11:59. crashed immediately after 12:00

Holy shit, this has to be an edit.

It's not.
She got OCTO'd.

Those clever bastards

Yeah. Seemed like a good deal getting a discount on preordered games, but now I guess we know WHY it's so cheap.

Success for me too, after like 75+ disconnects. Several times I got as far as clicking "confirm purchase" before it crashed. This time, it STILL ended in a crash, but after I was dumped back to the Switch menu it now had Splatoon 2 downloading.

Keep trying, it'll work eventually.

I ended up just putting the Switch in portable mode next to my PC and just pushing A while browsing, and double-tapping it again every time I heard that damn error noise. On the rare occasions it DIDN'T make the error noise, it was time to start paying attention.

Octo Lives Matter funded by Morrie eels when?

Can any anons with the Squid Sisters Amiibo confirm what they do now that the game is officially out?

Even as a Mariefag this is too sad to watch, Callie will never be the same. Even taking off her shades won't be enough, the tattoo is probably permanent and her vag must be stretched beyond belief.
Her mind is most likely not the only thing Octavio remixed, he probably rearranged the feng-shui of her internal organs with his filthy tentacles.

Fag

OH SHIT

Please stop trying to make to make the game into a Shadman comic.

Heres the full list of all the abilities in Splatoon

archive.is/8v4mV

It already seems like Inkopolis is being forced to accept Octopus immigrants, from the looks of things in Splatoon 2.

Inkopolis is not going to be the monolithic society it was in the last century. Eels are going to be the centre of that.
Also, random inkstrike attacks are part and parcel of living in a big city.

Maybe she'll get a new, pure body when she respawns?

Shindol will deliver.

good meme

I really want to bully pearl.

Just going off of youtube vids, Splatoon 2's final boss seems a lot more lame than the original's. The original had a more interesting and more difficult fight, as well as better music all around, including the credits theme. Weird, since 2's music has consistently been aces, while the final boss themes and credits are totally flat.

So…wait.

Are they kids or are they squids?

None.

Squids are for hug.
Kids are for fug.

They fucking did it.
They topped the original.

>FUCKING NIGGER PIECE OF SHIT DOESN'T HAVE ANY REGARD FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO PLAY SPLATOON 2'S HERO MODE BUT CAN'T YET BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SHEKELS YET
>PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY DEFENDING THIS FAGGOT SAYING PEOPLE "CRYING" ABOUT SPOILERS NEED TO CALM DOWN

The instrumentation is way softer and less punchy, and there's less of it in general. I like the implementation of Maritime Memory's melody and the breaks between verses that build up, but those are probably the only things this one has over the original.

get over yourself fag.

I got screwed getting the physical game at midnight here. I'm working from 4 AM to god knows when tomorrow. So digital release it is. I might be online playing solo for a bit until I get used to controls.

Allow me to compliment your rage.

I'd say that Tidal Rush is an improvement over the original Calamari Inkantation, though. The orchestra is used well and the cacophonic duet between Tide Goes Out and Bomb Rush Blush is pretty tight. It would be perfect if the horns had a bit more punch to them.

Fuck you, this was one of the very few, SMALL amount of games I've ever been really hyped for. Now this shit with the Youtube thumbnail, and people on Holla Forums spoiling Callie being a bad guy ruined the game for me.

I might have to wait a while before I get Splatoon 2 so I can forget spoilers by the time I play.

That really isn't a spoiler, dude. They've been hinting at that with the subtlety of a fucking bomb.

God damn it, I knew this shit would make me want to buy a switch.
I will still resist, though, because supporting paid online and Treehouse is something that people who do not love video games would do.

I mean, I had my suspicions but god damn it I found out on accident that she had a tattoo and was super edgy, and got sniped by Marie at the end of the game.
I can't go to any fucking website and not get spoiled.

I feel your pain bro.

I thought Marie would be the brush ninja. I suppose Callie works better since she's less chub and more fit. That's a belly I would love to eat sushi off of.

When is someone gonna make a FOSS clone of Splatoon for PC so we don't have to deal with ninty's bullshit?

Is it true that BASED nintendo completely rewrote the squid girls personalities for the western release?

Yes.

Yes. Marina is very shy and respectful in the Japanese version. She constantly even calls Pearl "senpai" or whatever it is.

Epic.
Americans love that sass, gotta have that sass bro.

I remember someone try to make tf2 splatoon mod, but it got copyrighted.

Someone make non-futa lesbian r34 of those two right now. I demand it.

Some notes on the original script.

Because she’s a nigger and therefore inherently inferior. This isn’t kosher, so ✡Treehouse✡ had to change it.

Is it this way in Ranked too? I need my ratio.

I would've expected pearl to be the bitchy one.

She is.
See

So, is everyone jumping on to Splatoon 2? I literally started Splatoon a month ago, and it looks like the community is keen on jumping ship right away. I can't justify a Switch purchase yet, but I'm afraid Splatoon 1 will be dead as shit effectively tomorrow.

With that said, do I join the mumble, or will everyone be playing the sequel?

I'm the only person out of the 5 or so in the mumble right now that owns a switch, and the people who show up in mumble is the most dedicated group. You'll be good for another month at least probably. But yes the community for Splatoon might die down since 2 is coming out.

I'll stop in again some time this weekend, then. So you nerds there.

I figured more of you fags would be playing Splatoon 2 tonight. Probably to be expected of a Thursday night release. Most people don't have Fridays off.

callie whatever happened you dont need to be let back in to our hearts because you were never gone from it. we love you

Thank you.

Variety is the spice of life m8

Really comfy channel

Just wait and see. Considering how many people react to paid online there is a good chance it might be alive for some time.

So instead of playing I'm here waiting for it to download.

Don't they do splash damage on hitting the floor now, though? It makes sense that they'd have to be weaker if you can just aim at people's feet now.

Good.

lounge.nintendo.com/room/C71RwPMklk

Lets try this shitty app.

i got splatoon 2 for 64 aud , now i can be a cool kid and a squid

So apparently Nintendo doesn't believe my country exists, so I can't install the fucking mobile app. Anyone know if there's an apk?

use mumble you dork

Voice feature is DOA, use something else. The best description I've heard is Nintendo trying to solve a problem that had been already been solved, yet they still failed to solve it.

Guess there's no friday night woomy for me.

Sure thing, but this online app ain't going nowhere, Splatoon 2 is just the start. Fuckers stocked the Switch, the games, everything, and then region look a mandatory part of the package.

Ah so being a nintendrone and europoor coincide, I guess it makes sense.

Important question
Is the european version's translation any less cucked than treehouse's?

Ha, get splatted nerd

Actually, nintendo is doing very poorly in europe. I mean we still got switches on shelves all over the place and eastern europe just completely gave up and barely keeps any nintendo products in stock. I think it's mostly france keeping nintendo sales up in europe.

fix

Thank you dear mods

How fucking disappointing is that? They had a more unique functionality in the original game, this is what Nintendo felt like they needed to embargo information on until release?

I JUST WANT TO SQUIDKID

Here's your (you)

I wouldn't doubt it. It's not hard to be less cucked than treehouse

Splatfest for UK

I'm really enjoying the salt salmon Run is generating once people hit that difficulty spike.

what

You might need to beat Hero Mode before that's even possible; here's what happens if you scan them immediately upon reaching Inkopolis Square.

It's up on Youtube now, it's literally just Hero Gear from the first game

I hope so. I'll hold on to my money until I have the answer for that.

And here's part of the first TV broadcast (Britbong version, if someone wants to compare to Treehouse's version)

It's extra dumb given that Mayo is not that popular in the UK, or some parts of the EU. They have Salad-cream which is not the same. It feel like Marina has won before it's started.

It'll probably be Mustard in the NA version, but thanks for reminding me that Eurofags are disgusting pigs that put mayo on their fries Nintendo

>>>/oven/

Is it wrong that find gyaru kinda hot?

AND HERE I THOUGHT THE EU SPLATFESTS IN THE FIRST GAME WERE SHIT!

The amiibo "characters" have similar dialog to the first game; every version of Inkling Girl talks like a normal person, every version of Inkling Boy talks like a try-hard 90's kid, and every version of the Squid talks eloquently.
As for gear, even though the alt-colour Boy/Girl/Squid are recognised as different in-game, you won't get any bonuses if you already scanned the original ones (and vice-versa).

Enjoy your diabetes.

enjoy your blood clot, Mustard and Relish until death

It's just as bad
SAD

We're gunna need a corporate shill edit

get outta here steve! those nipples are
Nice.

So the UK's splatfest is already who is best girl. Because both of those are shit

EU splatfests were hardly ever good

This man is a western spy, do not listen to his lies.

While I know it's too late to respond to the last thread. On the topic of Callie and Marie's original 2015 unveiling, I thought they looked really weird while also noticing that Callie had a massive mouth. The trippy background visuals didn't help either. But after the game was released, somehow they became okay.

Why? Why does PAL seem to scrap the bottom of barrel for Splatfest topics? There was a few gems like anti vs pro-pineapple on pizza or North Pole vs South Pole the South will rise again! or hoverboard vs jetpack..
Then there were the infamous bland ones early on like messy room vs tidy room or singing vs dancing or eating vs sleeping though the latter did result in some humor of having to wait in the lobby for team sleeping. Maybe it's the reason why PAL got to have cat vs dog after those early complaints.

While NA had good timing for interesting Splatfests like pirates vs ninja (Halloween) and naughty vs nice (Christmas) and the unexpected Autobots vs Deceptions.

And don't get me started on my other orders. Those are a shitshow.

I absolutely despite both those things. What the fuck do I do?

Then just vote based on best squid.

I can't vote Marie tho

I'd say enjoy your tasteless food, but that would imply you even had taste in the first place.

Vote ketchup, they're most likely to win by either popularity or by wins, since team mayo will be made up of just 10 guys.

Ketchup is purely for ironic purposes.
Like ordering an hamburger at McDonalds, opening it up, putting some Ketchup on top of tomato and, deep down, knowing very well you still have 0% tomato on your burger.

Seriously, some of you niggers should try actual vegetables grown by someone that knows his shit. None of that "tastes like water" crap

What is wrong with you?

Why is she looking into a cocknballs mirror?

Why not both?

Superior taste user

Just for that, I'm voting mayo despite me hating it more.

Don't come crying to me when you inevitably lose.

It was 10 dollars cheap though.

I don't care. I do not want a part in your disgusting practices.

I don't want to fight on the octoniggers side but i also want sea snails, what do

I had a job interview this morning and went Switch shopping afterward to see what the damage was. Target was sold out and had maybe 15 extra copies of Splatoon 2. Walmart was sold out and sold all of their copies of Splatoon 2. Toys R Us was sold out of Switch, but had maybe 5 leftover copies of Splatoon 2. At Best Buy, I was surprised to find a single Switch on the shelf(they didn't have them in a glass case). A father and his preteen son asked me if I was going to buy it. I was going to ask what he intended to do with it, but the kid had a Splatoon shirt on. I handed it over to them. Joke's on them, I'm too poor to afford a Switch right now :_: Seriously, I need a better job

WHERE ARE YOU 0 TO 50 MAN?

I keep getting these 0 wandering around shitters.

> I was going to ask what he intended to do with it, but the kid had a Splatoon shirt on. I handed it over to them Joke's on them, I'm too poor to afford a Switch right now

Regardless user that was still a kind thing to do user. I also know your pain of being a poorfag

That was a kind thing for you to do, user. I'm proud of you. I hope you find a better job soon.

You know what's great?
HAVING MONEY!

But even better? Buying a Switch with all the money I have.
You poor people should be arrested and executed.
Only reason it hasn't happened yet it's because us rich folk don't want to pay for the bullets, we know drugs aren't gonna do anything on junkies who take them for fun and hangings just means corpses stinking up the place.

Does the word disappeared just not exist in their vocabulary?

I bought 2, one for myself on launch and one for my little bro' birthday last week.

I suspect the inevitable Pearl/Marina amiibo will have the actual extra functionality.

People saying gone missing is a common thing user

Completly forgot that this was coming out today and I happened to have today off work, Fuck.

I wish my country still allowed hanging, We really could use it now more than ever

I work at amazon, Where and what style of building do you live user? While I'm not sure how they operate where you live, if it's a major city I imagine it's like what I do. They have their own delivery service. Rather then using Purolator, UPS or some similar private delivery service. Also if you live at a house make sure there's a spot to hide something near your door, if it's an apartment include your fucking buzzer number. Then it will be a matter of having someone there to let us in if you don't have keyfob locked elevator or live on the first floor. Otherwise hope you have a fancy call box that can let us in remotely.

If you have prime and haven't asked how you get your shit so quickly it works like this. There's a Warehouse somewhere in the region that houses a lot of shit. You place a Prime order and that item comes from the warehouse to a distribution center where we load it up and then deliver it. AND WE'RE PRETTY FUCKING GOOD AT DOING SO FOR THE MOST PART. So I'd imagine you doing it with prime per-ordering Splatoon might have something to do with Nintendo taking their sweet ass time stocking us, rather Amazon getting it to you. At most the truck delivering the stuff to us is late or something fucked up, but that just means you getting latter in the day, not by weeks.

The exception to that is if you're a fucking idiot and order it to your work that closes at 5 or earlier. Where we are, we don't hit the road till 3:30, and mostly aren't in the area till 4. And even with a change in policy juggling us around to accommodate your stupid ass you're still not likely to get it that day. Please have it sent to your house, as there we can try latter to give you your package.

GOT MY SWITCH WITH THE NEON BLUE AND RED JOY CONS

YEAH ANd my copy of Splatoon 2 to Boot

I didnt fail you TFE

Thanks for the info Amazanon, I'm in the suburbs so none of that should be an issue, and to be fair to you guys, it's only half of Amazon's fault here, USPS is the carrier, so naturally they're going to take their sweet ass time making sure all the right goyim get their anthrax , but if it got shipped 2 days in advance like it was supposed to, I would probably playing right now instead of complaining about how shit the Government run postal office is compared to private ones

The only acceptable choice here is mayo. Mayo on your fries, mayo on your burger, mayo on your hot dog, mayo in your chocolate cake, mayo on your sub, mayo on your mayo.

Eurofag detected

You get out I fucking hate you Mayonaise is the worst condiment next to Radish mixed with sauerkraut

Email says all my stuff is ready for pickup fuck yeah!
Anyone know if there are sloshers?

Mayonnaise = Instabin, not even all the hot sauce in the world can hide the feeling an elf came on your burger

The Direct said that there would be, at least.

And you think mayonnaise is gross? Your tastes are so shit that they're backwards.

Congratulations, you joined the master race, now enjoy the jelly glare of greyfags.

Here's to you, kid.

But yeah, you're right. You need a better job.

I disagree, Spicy Mayo is the only not shit kind of mayo

HOW REDDIT ARE YOU!?

The goodest goy just got back from the store.

Look what he bought.

Here's the Pro Controller.

Who wants to guess whether or not Nintendo is going to go the "release special edition controllers with ever major game launch" route Microsoft has taken?

Now, here are the Amiibo.

Each one will be compared to it's 2015 counterpart for reference.

I had high expectations for the quality of these, and I was not disappointed.

They clearly have been perfecting this since the deformed faces and bended swords from 2014.

And here's the squid.

There's only so much you can improve on the squid, you know?

Based Plague

What the fuck is this shit

god damn this is getting a nerf.

Hotglue them now, ROB.
You know you want to.

Thanks USPS

This is exactly why I got to target 30 minutes early and camped the door. Got all the amiibos and the game.

Fuck you, just wait until I get into ranked. You're gonna get memed squiddo

They had them in stock? Honestly I'm shocked, sort of want to buy the amiibos before they become fucking impossible to find but knowing what they unlock I'm not too motivated to be a good goy this weekend

Octolings still aren't playable

They had several sets of each, along with a bunch of smash amiibos as well. There wasnt even a line, unlike when I got the 3pack splatoon when it came out.

Fucking idiots, I just got my first grisco paycut because they didnt understand the geyser mechanic

>Final boss is just shooting Octavio's hands back.
>You don't get to fight Callie.
>She doesn't even really do anything.

The single-player was really good up until that point but that was a massive fucking disappointment.

Nigga, you're bitching about something we've done before.

IT'S A FUCKING MINION

Nigga you're the newest of splatoon newfags

…….No thats a Horseshoe crab

Single player is the weakest part this game… again.

Any the rewards for finishing the story mode good? I find it a bit boring, especially compared to some tighter online matches, but I'd bother with it if I profitted.

I think you need to beat every mission with every weapon.

Not having the Wii U gamepad hurts the game. The new super jump is infinitely more cumbersome and not being able to easily see both your own view and the map at once is going to make people's already shitty situational awareness a much bigger problem.

I kinda agree, I miss seeing the map by just looking down. A minimap might help tho.

I wish I could be playing with you guys right now, but I'm too short on cash and jobless and I can't bring myself to drop that many dollarydoos on a new system..

I hope you all have lots of fun.

Honestly I find it easier to pull up the overlay rather than look down, but it's a preference thing.

Nice images R.O.B.
It's a missed opportunity that they didn't give the new Inkling Boy a different class of weapon (like the roller from the cover art) instead of just using a (S2) Splattershot again. Also the ink tanks on both IB/IG are filled completely unlike the 3/4 quarter full and level with gravity S1 versions, probably to save costs and limit mistakes. The Squid certainly looks like it has more motion with the dynamic pose than the original.

So do you think DJ fucked Callie while she was brainwashed?

just do a 3 frame x into dpad into a, you friccin moron

speaking of which, the salmon run meme is fucking stupid, needs more of the occurances/events instead of recycling the same 3 "go to the shore", "water raised" and my favourite meme "everything but the shore is not in water"

bellhat is back!

i like the idea of buying stuff from the (crappy) app. Its nice to be able to buy stuff between matches and pick them up when swapping guns.

is the squiffer in the game? i dont see it in the shop silhouettes. what about the rapid blaster. i liked that shitty gun.

there are more as you level up but it really needs a few more gimmicks happening.
some of those unlocked ones are.. grill, fog, night, night but the fish go crazy fast, mother ship, fat fish invasion, and so on

Is Callie a stand user?

i think the app meme is fuckign stupid, why couldn't be part of the actual game?

Well I can't friday night woomy either cause stupid independence day, atleast it means I'm not french, I guess that's something, not much better here tho.

God damn did they drop the ball here.

We have people in Mumble to play both games. Get in here for woomy

BLAST PROCESSING

Everyday and brutally.

OCTOED

There's some things I just cannot lewd. Splatoon is one of them. Took some time but I learned.

Why didn't Callie fags save her?, Could it be that they agree Octolings are superior along with their BOC?

That's not even the best part. She willingly goes right back for more every time you "save" her.

I mostly just want to play Salmon Run and hope for new content, Cuttlefish and Nautilus when?

I probably should have asked webm thread for help before spawning this abomination.

Did you look for other providers? Where do you live?

Someone get the JP version

Is that even legal.

F

That's your first problem, bucko

1. Brella is the worst weapon ever created, they were trying too hard to introduce new variety. It's just a shitty short-range shotgun with Symmetra's projectile shield from Overwatch. Completely fucking useless except in the story level designed for it, and even then I couldn't wait to replay with a different gun.

2. The online voice chat thing is downright embarrassing, if they think I'm gonna pay for THIS they have another thing coming. You can only use it for PRIVATE battles with friends. No grouping up with your buddy and then shooting the shit while you turf war with randoms. You can only voice chat when EVERYONE IN THE GAME is on your friends list or got a social media invite to your private lobby. You can also chat in salmon run, but again, not with randoms online. This shit is so ass-backwards, why the fuck did they bother at all? The only reason anyone ever justified XBL and PSN+ was their additional services beyond gameplay, like voice chat that persisted regardless of what game mode you were in which was easy to access. This shit we got is like a retarded child designed it and I'm writing an angry letter about it because we cannot encourage this behavior.

3. My right joycon has died twice today while the left still has a charge. I figured it out the second time because it quit mid-game. The motion aiming is using ONLY the sensors in the right joycon, even though they both have the full suite. I guess why use both if you don't need to, right? But if you're gonna play this game for hundreds of hours then the uneven amount of charge cycles is gonna kill your right joycon faster than your left. Stupid oversight that surely came up in testing and was ignored, like every other thing wrong with the Switch.

Other than that, it's great. They ironed out all the balance stuff from the first game.

This is one of those things where your government absolutely needs to step in and fix things, my countries government did this and our internet is great now, the former monopoly was forced to lease their lines out to other companies at cost, and they are required to provide cover to certain locations even when it's unprofitable, internet here is so cheap I can get unlimited fibre and a landline for the equivalent of $60 USD a month.

102Mbps down, 12 Mbps up.

Question: I found the first sunken scroll. Is it Pearl singing so badly she causes speakers to explode. Is this why she raps?

The definition of a monopoly is fucked in the US so it's easy to get around. Big grey area. Like, any company is free to run lines anywhere. But they're also free to purchase each others' lines until one company owns half a state and no other providers exist there. But it's not a monopoly because "hey if you want to be a competitor to Super Mega Ultra Everywhere Net, you're perfectly welcome to throw away millions of dollars trying!"

When a government actually cares they can get something done, too bad most of what governments care about these days is helping that poor wealthy minority.

Remember when Google tried that and they succeeded and gave up anyway?

Hey are the servers for Splatoon dedicated or are they P2P like for Mario Kart?

Didn't the Direct say that the brella wasn't released yet?

Not only that, but the passive-aggressive message the game gives you after Nintendo decides to kick you out of a game (again) for no reason is infuriating.

Yes, yes it is. Fuck you Nintendo.

There was a day-one update and it's in the campaign

You a bitch.

why are they doing this

Hey guys, been having fun with the game so far. Not much new from the first game though. Need to try salmon run.

Can only play in handheld mode because shitty dock will not send signal to my TV. Anybody else have this problem? I swear the Switch is Nintendo's shoddiest console to date.

That sounds strange, is everything plugged in? your dock will not be working if you put your Switch into it and the Switch display stays on, if the display switches off when put into the dock your dock should be working fine and it's either an issue with the HDMI cable or your display.

Everything seems to be working right. Tried multiple cables. Seems like it is a common issue, I've looked it up but have had no luck while trying to troubleshoot.

Call customer service, get it sent in for repairs.

If you can find another dock I guess you can check if your dock is indeed faulty, Is your output resolution set correctly? is your TV set up correctly, right HDMI channel?

Yeah, I've tried another tv as well and no luck. It's just not sending signal. I've heard it has to do with how everything is plugged into the dock. Something about everything having to be plugged in the right order. I'm going to try to troubleshoot again later.

Like I said, shoddiest Nintendo product.

I've never seen anything about plugging things in right order, if it's not working on another tv though, must be a fault with the dock.

Just got this game, got tired of loseing, got the paint roller, now I don't lose anymore, who the fuck thought the paint roller is a balanced weapon?

Did you not play the first game at all? Rollers have a low skill floor, but also a low skill ceiling. Or at least they did - I imagine that the new midair flick should make them a little more interesting to use.

I'm surprised I haven't seen a Forehead Armstrong Pearl thing

This game is so much more pretty than the first one.

The Squid Sisters.

As drawn by that guy who does My Hero Academia.

Wow.

Where do I choose ketchup/mayo allegiance? I want my free shit

Holy shit, can we just gas all Americans already? This shit has to stop.

BANTZ

kek m8

Someone who's been out of the house recently please give me a basic sitrep on Switch stock.

Is it still impossible to go to a brick and mortar store and walk out with a Switch?

See

I bought the nip version as I am stranded in Japan. That was a mistake. On second thoughts if I knew that it is only in nip then I would still buy it.
Now I can play splatfest from two different regions. yay.

Mayo is cum

I have one. When home and when I buy a capture thing I could post vids….

Actually, mayo is the female reproductive cell, not the male one. And oil.

Can you take screenshots of those scenes so people can compare the dialog? Marina's personality seems to have become extremely snarky while her JP dialog makes her out to be really shy around Pearl who's her elder in the music business.

WHITE INK CONFIRMED

Will do when have time. Gotta finish up a couple of reports and have dinner.
What amiibos should I get? I already have the sisters and when I got that message I was confused until this thread in Tokyo for a week

The Squid Sister ones (after beating the single-player) will give you replicas of Agent 3's default and armored Hero Suit.
The original and alt-colour Inkling Boy, Girl and Squid give you the same outfits as they originally did.
As for the three new ones, Girl has a new school uniform set, Boy has swapped the old samurai gear for a new ninja set, and the Squid has a DEUS VULT variant of the power suit.

For all of these, only the head parts are available at first; you need to raise your Level in online matches before they'll give up the rest of the gear.

I never played Splatoon before btw. The WiiU seemed shitty to me.

try:

1: Setting your wifi bandwidth to 20Mhz only
2: Setting the wifi on the switch manually(upnp is shit)
3: Set the dns to googles.
4: Open the ports listed by Nintendo to the IP you gave the switch (or use the DMZ)

This fixed all my issues. And changing 20/40Mhz to 20Mhz made the switch shit wifi go from 1 bar to full bars.

Mariefags are directly responsible for this

Did you plug the charging cable into the dock?
Barring that you might have luck with a third party dock, I've heard they should work well enough

I'm not surprised.
Nintendo has a talent for ruining it's best creations. I'm still mad.

You know, I don't think Marina in English is being sarcaxstic as much as she's being brutally honest. It's just that her expressions clash with the text too much to convey sarcasm.

With the way they seem to be writing her as a snarky bitch, I'm seriously wondering if NoA noticed the massive preference for Marina over Pearl among Americans, and decided to give her a repulsive personality to try and balance things out.

With how ugly Pearl is, the only way she's winning the final splatfest is if they redesign her on the way or eternal anglo conquers the world and rewires brains so girls looking like retarded offspring of Churchill stop being absolutely repulsive.

Nintendo a shit but I want to fuck the chocolate one

nice shit taste, nigger lover

You're pathetic. You do realize that it will never be enough, right?

That is some nice attention to detail, Nintendo.

I don't get it

Is that a fucking cameltoe?

Thats disgusting, they should of stuck with the splats.

shit taste confirmed.

why am I not surprised?

Wow that was deep and sad. Source?

It's a complete change in character. Basically a couple of memes away from being Burch-level writing.

plagueofgripes

That or the character model and textures coincidentally combined to make a rather defined crotch region.

To clarify, I did choose spats, just was surprised by the level of detail they went to down below (you can't really see the definition when selecting spats).

That's some deep shit user.

Begone foul succubus, your dirty tricks won't fool me..

So is the single player any better than the first one?

I am at peace with my lust.

No.

Marginally.
>If you take fatal damage without armor, you get a grace period of INKY SCREEN (so reel) where you can potentially recover

More like just a passive-aggressive "hail feminism" remark away. Fucking sickening.

>You don't get to fight Callie
Even for Nintendo that is astoundingly dumb.

Worked awfully hard animating Marina's cleavage I see.

Not nearly BONG enough lad.

You guys know it's an objective scientific fact that Octopodes>Squids
Squids are the niggers of the sea

Dolphins are the muslims of the sea user.

That would explain the gang rapes.

octogate drop when?
it is inevitable

When do I get my brella? I was told there would be brellas Nintendo. Where are they?
I liked using the brella in Hero mode, it's a bit of a meme weapon though and I fully suspect that it won't perform well online, but it's so much fun I doubt I'll mind.

More importantly, what weapons does everyone like so far?

Comical Genious is what I would call my router but So far I'm at Level 8.

Other news Japanese and EU players are reaching S rank

That doesn't seem very bad, how's you internet doing? No too many dc's?

That's some deepest lore right there.

SPOILERS cause Muh Lore

>Unlock sea scroll that gives the lore of why we have new specials in the game and why they got rid of the old ones

>IT was because it was a huge safety hazard among the inklings

The sunken scrolls this time around feel more like pages of a tour rather than unvovered secrets of the past. I keep thinking it's Marina's tour book.

Screenshots?

That sounds kinda cool actually, but then again, I haven't beaten half of singleplayer yet.

I will be all for Splatoon getting single player expansions to expand the lore. The focus is multiplayer, sure, but I'd still love to see what crazy single player concepts they can come up with.

DEEPEST
E
E
P
E
S
T

Octarian civil war when?

It's called: "Everytime I play Splatoon".

As an ex-Mariefag I'd like to apologize. How could I have been so blind.

Inb4 its dlc that adds lewd octos in multiplayer.

Not cameltoe, but what's it called when the ass so thicc you can see booty from the gap?

I really miss Callie and Marie.

We all do

You constantly have a base level of armor and INKY SCREEN is when it breaks off. At that point you've got normal health like you'd have in online multi, until the armor recovers. Also you're slower.

Local co-op multiplayer only says monkey's paw.

Okay, what? I can understand that the inkstrike might be breaking a law or six, but what's so bad about the rest? Were bubblers being powered by the tears of orphans or something? Were there artificial hormones in those krakens?

here

Decided to make an attempt at using the voice chat app and playing Salmon Run with my friend, despite having like six other things on my phone alone that would do the job better.

This is THE single worst implementation of online services I have ever personally experienced. To even organize our presence in the online lounge at the same time, I had to use google hangouts, which has a voice call option that will work regardless of what I'm doing on the switch. Who the fuck came up with this nonsense? Please tell me somebody has stabbed themselves with a katana by now.

If anyone wants to play

lounge.nintendo.com/room/DPGrLKW15G

< "custamah want voisu chat"
< "give custamah voisu chat"
< "is your job, I give not one shittu"
< "it does work?"
< "I give not one shittu. you do good work. go back to making ink splat"
< "you are good employee, chingchong-san"

but the stuff specific to salmon run does sound pretty stupid

You're operating on the assumption that voice chat implementation was some kind of last minute decision, when competent online services including voice chat have been on consoles since fucking 2005. Other companies have been doing this RIGHT for over a decade, all Nintendo had to do was copycat. What they delivered to us is the kind of shit I'd expect when you buy a network adapter for the PS2 or Gamecube for the ONE pseudo-mmo that requires it. They are two whole generations behind, and the inclusion of voice chat and some kind of broken party system is actually making the online gameplay experience worse than it was on the Wii and Wii U. This app, and the way they've designed parts of the game around it, is so bad it's actually ruining the multiplayer when you try to use it.

I ended up using a spare aux cable and hooking my Switch's audio up to my mic port, then played the input through VLC. Now I can chat on something like Discord and still get game audio.

…I tried to use Audacity, and it kinda worked, but it would block out the Discord audio. VLC isn't perfect, its got a little bit of audio delay but it works.

After mass immigration filled Inkopolis with Octarians, the number of violent crimes mysteriously skyrocketed.
Naturally, the government responded by outlawing Bubblers and Krakens so those violent squid supremacists couldn't harm those peace-loving octofolk.

More angry because Nintendo keeps dropping connections )likely because their servers are overloaded with new players), and then they give you a message threatening to ban you. The tone is just the icing on the cake.

Did anyone ragequit in Splatoon, ever? It'd be counterproductive even if they did.

I've only been disconnected in the pre-release splatfest, not the real game. And I've been playing the real game for two days straight, at least 24 hours of play time.

That's octophobic, they are a species of peace.

Lucky! For me its the opposite: no disconnects at all during the Splatfest, but at least five so far in the actual game.

At least they're usually in the lobby after a match rather than during the match itself. I have to say they've improved the stability a lot from the original game, but it's still obnoxious that they act as if the player is intentionally disconnecting when there's no benefit to doing so.

Butt fangs.

Krakens and bubblers are highly dangerous nerve agents. They cause squids to become so angry they die.

I swear they went down a list of popular complaints in Splatoon 1 and implemented each one in the laziest way possible without thinking about the consequences.

I had that yesterday, turns out switch reconnected to my modem instead of my router. It's a very shitty modem and the provider has no fear of competition so that's the best solution I found long ago.

Can't you just use a headset or something for the discord/whatever chat and play the switch audio through speakers? Adjust volume until you can hear both.

Regardless of the reason, I kind of like that they totally replaced all the specials. It makes the game more different from the first, and balances out the competitive game a bit more by forcing everyone to learn/adapt new strategies.

Plus hopefully this might keep the original game's community alive a bit longer, since it makes the competitive game quite different. I just booted up the Wii U and played a few rounds, and after a couple of days of painfully Inkstrike-free Splatoon 2 it felt glorious. (Also nice to be playing with my fully-leveled gear.)

THE STING RAY WEAPON IS PURE ASS

Yeah the control is bizarre. You can move it faster but you gotta aim WAY the fuck over past your target, and then keeping it on them is a crapshoot. It needs some kind of reticle prior to firing so you know where the beam will end up.

It has ONE purpose: Salmon Run. It shreds that one boss who throws bombs if you get the timing right, and is tremendous for when you have a horde descending on you in a straight line.

But yeah, otherwise, pure ass.

Is it still possible to get into a game quickly in the original?

It isn't just the aim speed, it's the damage. I'm pretty sure its TTK is slower than most of the main weapons. Your target doesn't need to fear crossing the beam to escape, so even if you position it well it's not going to kill a good player without help from a teammate.

Killer Whales are Russians. You hear about them, and you think "oh, shit." Then you see them in pictures, and you think "okay, not so bad." Then you learn what they're capable of, and you're back to "oh, shit."

Yes. Under ten seconds. They'll all be Japanese though.

Nothing will ever top the true original.

No, because then you have echo and it's much comfier having the sound both coming from my headphones.

Yeah, okay Nintendo, thank you for keeping this shit I can't touch.

Are these two even really friends off the clock?

this grizzco uniform is unfresh

It's the exact same game. Why the fuck am I playing this?

I hope people complain enough to get these two fixed, because in Japan they are best friends. It pisses me off so much and I wish we could have just gotten Callie and Marie back.

i dont mind seeing new idols because i want to see more of the splatoon world. but im annoyed that they would think its a good idea to have marina bully pearl so damn often. once in a while fine thats what friends might do but like half of her dialogue is belittling her best friend in as blunt a manner as possible and it just feels so strange.
theyre so cute and their designs work really well together but how am i going to come to adore them? who do i complain to? do i have to sign up for some kind of reddit or twitter or some crap? i will do it for them if i need to. i want to love them, i want the chance to love them.

some mild spoilers:
i would like to see more of the sisters of course, im beyond infatuated. im glad its implied that they still hang out with agent 3. they should chat on the radio when youre replaying levels after youve beaten the game so you can have more fun with different weapons. post game content is always fun
im lead to believe from the sunken scrolls that this isnt the end of the story though. so hopefully well see a lot more of them.
something about seven rings and salmonids killing everyone

by the way, what happens when you use squid sister amiibos in splatoon 2?

You tell me, you bought it

he likes cute monster girls

Anita plz

Forgot pic.

when does the stupid wooden bear pay you ive been oblitering these quotas. it feels so nice to have the heavy splatling on a grill flooder thing wave

You're getting paid constantly, user - at the end of every mission. Though apparently the bear is paying you using a currency you can't use anywhere else.
Just to the left of the Grizzco entrance, there's a little window where you can collect your rewards.

why is there a feminine laugh when i talk to the payment kiosk?

I'm guessing the bear doesn't man the kiosk personally - he's too busy sending squid squads out on egg-collecting suicide missions.

Salmon Run is crazy fun, but man does it get hard in the later stages. Especially with the randomized weapons. Really good design choice, though, as it does force you to learn how to work with your team, and to use every weapon type. (Even that won't help you when there are like 12 bosses at once firing Sting Rays from all corners of the map.)

I think it's supposed to be, it's an unflattering work uniform.
I'm glad they made this our part-time job option rather than working at Squidbucks or something, though.

the bonus orbs are worth 4000 squid money each, except the superbonus which is whatever the daily superbonus is. collect rewards to the left of grizzco entrance. pay grade is basically the difficulty level, but also affects how fast you earn points towards bonuses.

a while ago i heard octavio uses music to enslave octarians. theyre probably extra susceptible to musical influence because even he cant help but dance his ass off when the squid sisters hack his radio.
i agree with the notion that the octolings are enslaved not through the shades, but through callie and her music, which is why shes the center of attention. but she wanted them to have cool shades too, she had to have some degree of personality for the scheme to work. plus the octolings were probably thrilled to have 'cool shades like their favorite idol wears'
apparently there was an audience to the final boss of splatoon 1, this page from the sunken scrolls might imply octavios music didnt work any more. the squid sisters awoke something in them and they wanted squid music that octavio couldnt provide. you can see marina there, and from her dialogue at the beginning and ending of singleplayer i guess she became a huge fan of the squid sisters that day. perhaps if this mind control is something theyre opposed to, then the squid sisters are more than idols but also saviors to these awoken octarians

WEW

You are now on a jap watch list and they will lag you and run your rank down

I agree.
While I see how Pearl lends herself more to being a Callie clone, given her energetic movements, Marina's look, character model, demeanor don't translate well to a Marie clone. She's too meek in appearance, thus the snarky remarks and "bullying" comments don't fit her at all.
I wonder why NoA decided on repeating the Callie and Marie style and not simply make Pearl and Marina their own.

I think Marina is pointing out Pearl's mistakes as a good friend really.

Try Salmon Run, its pretty fun.

i just wanna see more bromance (sismance?) before they lay that on me. it wouldnt bother me as much if i felt like they loved eachother. i mean, if she was going to be comfortable saying such things, it would be to her best friend. it might already be in the game, but they only speak for the final announced stages of a given game mode and ive had at least one instance where they didnt interrupt this broadcast for a special report upon returning to the square so i havent had as much chance to see their chatter.

by the way, i think i figured out their naming scheme while looking for youtube poops involving blackface. sometimes squid works in mysterious ways.
there is a singer or group called marina and the diamonds. so im guessing their name refers to that and pokemon diamond and pearl.

its interesting that bomb rush this time around doesnt necessarily work off of your sub weapon

it plays a music box version of callies bomb rush song while its active. this is adorable

Oh shit.. GUess I'll make the new thread

howcome you never l-ink it

Wait someone else made it wtf

New Thread someone else made wew

gg