Just a reminder there's always time to play the greatest rail shooter to ever exist...

Just a reminder there's always time to play the greatest rail shooter to ever exist, Panzer Dragoon! So long as the electricity runs, you have your preferred versions, your preferred controls, civil war hasn't broken out, society hasn't yet collapsed and you're in a comfortable sitting position, you can enjoy Team Andromeda's gift to man - the greatest rail shooter series ever, and one of the best JRPGs of all time!

What's your experience with Panzer Dragoon? What's your favorite game and your favorite song?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/FCEso
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More like Pansy Faggoo.

this isn't a starfox thread, no need to be a gay!

Is this what the Drakenguard Dragon sections are based on?

As much as I love Pansy Dragon, the best rail shmups ever has to go to pics related instead.

yes

Is there still no decent way to emulate Saga?

There are plenty.

None of the emulators I used ever worked with it, not to mention I had a hard time finding the ISOs back in the day. I doubt there are many torrents with them now.

mednafen might be able to do it, the rest don't quite nail sound emulation which is a shame because of how good the soundtrack is.

I bet all those unsold copies they were sitting on either went into the bargain bin or the dumpster, since no one wants to drop $45 on a five year old game at fucking Walmart.

Owned every one. Loved Saga, but had to sell it due to debt…..should go "linkin" myself for that decision.

Likely the case since taro calls it one of his favorites archive.is/FCEso

I've always wanted to play the game but the original saturn hardware is disgustingly expensive, my i5 can't properly emulate the game through mednafen and i wasn't able to make the PC work at all.

I have seen many Panzer Dragoon homages in vidya recently, but none of them made by companies which were named Sega.

When will that company that's named Sega make one?

Well, there was the panzer dragoon stage in sonic all stars racing

???

I own the game on the original X-Box, but am not that great at rail shooters such as it or Star Fox.

I just can't wrap my head around non-FPS shooter movement…

FTFY

I think that should go to Rez, if only slightly, because that's still a good game.

PD was a good game…when I was 8 years old. Zwei was an improvement, but still, as far a rail shooting shit goes, it's not even difficult or challenging.

then raise the difficulty level

rez is great, but it is absolutely overrated. I think starfox 64 deserves this title simply because of how it's such a well recognized game and has unfortunately set up the belief that starfox games are good when it is the only odd one out.

Rez's worst sin is it's a really easy and even simpler panzer dragoon. Still a cool take on rhythm games.

bump

Only played the orta

Fun, nice ambientation, new concepts
Wished for more but the games end there

Saori Kobayashi, composer for Panzer Dragoon Saga & Orta is still composing music. She did the soundtrack for the spiritual successor to Panzer Dragoon, Crimson Dragon, and also released a tribute album for fans of Panzer Dragoon. Would be great to see her compose music like this for a game again.

She actually also performed at Magfest and covers of the two vocal panzer dragoon tracks were done live, there's a recording of it on youtube.

OP IS AWESOME
KILL NIGGERS AND JEWS. ESPECIALLY THE KIKES.

PANZER DRAGOON A BEST

Mednafen does it really well. I did a full playthrough recently and the only time I had any problem was when one particular enemy took a little longer than usual to load.

Just be sure to look up their short guide on what to do with multi-disc games. Instead of utilising a single file to replicate the Saturn's internal memory, Mednafen creates new save files for every single game, which translates into new save files for each disc of Saga. If you don't make a custom file to swap discs, you'll instead need to rename your disc 1 save to match what gets created by loading disc 2.

cool, I'll get to work on that tomorrow and hopefully be able to play it. It'll be nice to finally play this game.

have fun, and enjoy the surprise at how short the game is