Just finished playing this, truly a patrician game, however I do have questions

How does the time paradox work with Akane? She died but not really because future her set up the Nonary Game to save younger her? But if she did die how did she live to set up the game?
How the fuck is Alice in Nevada? Wasn't she supposed to be on the Gigantic? Who moved her coffin to Building Q?
How was anyone supposed to know about the 9 vs q thing? I know the computer gives them the combination of the bracelets to get out, and I get the wordplay works in Japanese, but going "It's just Base-27" just seemed off given how into detail they went about everything else, how it all had a concrete reason.
Does any of this get explained in the sequels? Are they worth playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

zeroescape.wikia.com/wiki/Snail
mega.nz/#!QwFBSSra!8Y47vyntMzlZe7f2FcfwFMVbz9tKAOR7dJwGc6GqscQ
zeroescape.wikia.com/wiki/Door_q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thats pretty just try hard
even if the painter had parkisons he wouldnt make that mess

Well, you would know.

I want to cum inside this girl.

I wanna cum inside you

VLR is my first entry in the series and I thought it was great, but you should avoid the original 3DS version as it has a terrible save-corrupting bug present throughout most of the game. ZTD is very disappointing, but if you want some kind of closure to the series, then it's fine.
>LOL SNAILS AND COMPLEX MOTIVES
Seriously, take a look at this page and tell me , in all honesty, that isn't the stupidest shit you ever heard of in a VN. zeroescape.wikia.com/wiki/Snail

Enlighten me Senpai, so I can enjoy this patrician game as well.

That sounds fucking catastrophic. I assume the PC version is safe?

cum inside of me instead pls

Well user, the thread is titled 9.
The door has a 9 on it.
And I asked 9 questions.

That oughta give you an idea.

Also, holy fuck this is some butterfly flaps its wings in China shit. I didn't read very far in because I don't want it all spoiled.

"Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors", abbreviated as "999".

I hope so.

she was both "alive" and "dead" at the same time because they used the Morphogenetic field to change the course of history. the events that will define whether akane dies or lives 9 years in the past are happening in the present.
think of it like the Schrodingers Cat (which they give you a lengthy explanation about in the game). Akane is both alive and dead until you "open" the box to look inside, the action of opening the box in this case is represented by Junpei going into the incinerator at the end of the nonary game and solving the puzzle, then accessing the morphogenetic field to communicate the solution to akane 9 years in the past.
if he failed to do this, the cat inside (represented by Akane) the box would be dead, if he succeeded, it would be alive. the entire reason Santa and Akane planned the second game was to train junpei and put him under a situation where his esper powers would activate and "open the box".

she's actually just an FBI agent who was tracking down the "Free the Soul" society who organized the original nonary game, she just happened to be dressing like an egyptian queen in the middle of the desert when your party leaves the second nonary game, and you picked her up in the car, she's plot relevant in the second game, but she ain't no egyptian queen. its just a prank bro

the last 9 door is a little bit off, if you look closely at the "9" and compare it to the "9" in the picture you posted, you'll see what i mean.

its all perfectly explained at the end of the game, except for alice, that was a red herring meant to setup events in the second game.

damn right they are

Thanks

First question: she didn't die at all in the first place, the entire game is Akane's flashforward from the first Nonary Game, the different routes are the possible futures she sees. All the bad end routes indicate that they're time paradoxes because June gets her fever in them.
Second question: Answered in VLR, but the short version is she's not made of Ice-9 and wasn't in the coffin to begin with
Third question: The base-27 thing is entirely thrown in to resolve the localization issue of not being able to confuse the spoken versions of "nine" and "kyuu".

I just came to say that Seven is my nigga.

Nice try, OP

So then what did Seven see in the chamber 9 years prior? The ashes Santa clutched were just… particles? This kinda helps me out, but it's Seven's retelling of the story that has me scratching my head. Because he saw her "die" then left of his own accord, and somehow didn't see her? Is the explanation that it doesn't actually matter, it's considered a paradox like all of the bad ends?

Snake and Seven are both bro-tier

And to clarify the last point, the real last door is marked with a q, which both looks like a 9 and is pronounced the same as 9 in Japanese, so the translators went oh shit we need to make something plausible up to avoid the characters getting confused by something that would be obvious in English

Seven is second best gril

i tried getting into 999 but its too long for me to really get into it

Nigga what, I did all endings in a day.

Yeah, I got that it worked in Japanese, but man that's a real difficult situation, getting around that language barrier.

I guess it's better than them localizing the fuck out of every other part of the game to make the last riddle work.

There's a moment in the true ending as they're leaving where he basically owns up to fucking with Junpei and saying that she really survived. I think he assumes that she died at first, since he couldn't remember. My own speculation, since the entire game is Akane seeing possible futures while trapped in the incinerator, is that his amnesia is caused by the fact that Akane hasn't escaped yet. Once she sees the solution and escapes, his amnesia in the future disappears. Because causality or something.

That's actually a decent explanation. Despite me really trying to take my time and letting every bit of text absorb, I guess I still missed some shit. I seriously underestimated the length of the end game. Thank god they give you the breeze-through text option to get through the shit you've already seen, but god damn it anyway the ending takes a long time when you finally get there.

Welcome to VNfaggotry, do Steins;Gate next!

I think Seven was in on the game, but I haven't played it in a long time.

I've heard of it. I'll add it to the list with VLR and ZTE. Does Hotel Dusk fall into this genre? I saw it on sale for cheap nearby and was considering grabbing it.

okay, first, Seven was drugged to hell and back, Seven had amnesia because Akane and Santa gave him extra strong drugs to prevent him from REMEMBERING that they were the same kids as 9 years ago, because that would have ruined their entire plan.

They then proceed to "feed" seven memories from the timeline where akane died as a failsafe, if he suddenly got his "memory" (fake memory) back, he would at least not suspect akane and Santa of being the organizers of the nonary game they were trapped in, because you wouldn't want a 200 pound gorilla punching the scrawny teenage body of santa into a pulp.

he wasn't.

It's similar in that it's a VN with point-and-click gameplay, although less VN than p/c. I've played like the first chapter or two of Hotel Dusk and it's got some good atmosphere. It didn't draw me in all that much though so I put it down, although maybe I'm just impatient. It's a slow start.

Think you're underestimating him a bit. But that makes sense, thanks user.

im assuming 200 pound is a lot, i measure weight in kilograms fag.

200 pounds is around what a 35 year old normalfag would weigh if they weren't fat but weren't in shape.

It's about 90 Kg, pretty average if you ask me.

Nice dubs. 200 pounds is about 90 kilos. Also, I get the whole situation now. Seven's headache in the incinerator in the present is the two realities colliding in his head. He remembers both Akane dying AND not dying, which is what causes him that distress. That's why he saw her die before, but also didn't, and couldn't say which was which. I get it now.

Nice dubs. I'll go grab it then. It's really cheap, so I don't have much to lose.

Go for it dude. Word of advice on VLR and ZTD though, they're not as good as 999. I enjoyed all of them, but ZTD is definitely the weakest of the series. Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0 are much better consistencywise. (Also, 0 is the sequel and has massive spoilers for S;G immediately on starting the game, so don't even think of looking into S;G 0 before finishing S;G).

mega.nz/#!QwFBSSra!8Y47vyntMzlZe7f2FcfwFMVbz9tKAOR7dJwGc6GqscQ enjoy

Fucking sweet, thanks

Its really not that catastrophic dude. Just don't save during escape sections.

But why

fuck this animation is good

(OP)

oh yes

bootstrap paradox, it's a self contained loop. Akane in the past was seeing the future through Junpei's eyes so she needed to copy everything and make it the exact same or else it wouldn't work. look at akane and her fever, every time you went down the wrong path her fever got worse because she was literally burning in an incinerator. she needed to loop perfectly to live

play VLR

zeroescape.wikia.com/wiki/Door_q

might explain things, I still don't get it myself.

deleted my own post because I fucked up spoilers.

Shit game
Shit characters
Shit plot hamfisted down your throat at convenient moments
Shit puzzles. Couldn't even make a difficult sudoku. They could have done a 16x16 if they were going to keep it that easy.
Retarded paradox
If you think this game has anything remotely good or decent you're an idiot who probably just liked the anime tiddies.

shit argument bro

just your opinion

how?

I played on PC and I saw that the end puzzle was really atrocious
*the puzzle was changed in the re-release and is now pitifully easy**

it's reasonable and makes sense in its own universe. I don't see a problem.

what about
all without mentioning the game play.

by the way most of the writing and humor was ad-libbed by a single guy in the english version.

i want to fuck Lagomorph.

Are there any more mystery escape the room games like VLR and 999? And no danganronpa doesnt count as it only has one escape segment albeit its a good game.

I found them consistently disappointing. The writing is good and the characters are lively and life-like, but the script and sci-fi is really weak. While Zero trilogy fell apart tragically as it went on, it did so trying to do some crazy stuff and over a period of many years.

Steins;Gates however failed to impress me on both the depth / complexity of it's time travelling and in "making sense". You would assume the "simple" script to work in-universe, and it spectacularly doesn't. There is so many stupid rules and moments that you HAVE to stop asking questions way too fast into the story. People laugh at Delta "My motives are complex", but line convergence and the infinite asspulls around it are way more severe. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief very, very far, but Steins;Gates managed to shatter that as soon as the time travelling started.

The story is full of small, major details that are hinted to be key to the story and are not. Prime bait and switch. Both 1 and 0 endings are disappointing, especially 0 which I felt was a complete charade.

Now don't get me wrong; I still enjoyed Steins;Gate and it'd rather replay it than replay I/O, but IMO it doesn't measure up to Uchikoshi's best VNs.