Strike Vector EX

Hows the rerelease of this game?
Better yet, hows the game?
Never played the original release.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/476360.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiltjet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The japanese love it, looks like the russians picked it up, the rest of the world, not so much. There's a US server.
If you want numbers steamcharts.com/app/476360.
For the game itself, at its core, it's mech/jet transformation done right imo. You switch at will and speed picks up almost instantly.
For the content, I think it lacks weapon variety but now the game got what it needs in the solo game department.
The maps are cool, 16 maps, including 2 in high orbit where the vector handles differently.
Also, the vector can look pretty good.

Nice, thanks for the info user, any mod support?
Custom maps would do the game some good

When I say mech, the game's about transformable jets. I know some people don't consider them the same thing.
No mod support.

I figured that, kinda like Strike Vector right?
Shame, at map editor would really be great in a game like this.

Apparently skidow liked it enough to pirate it.

I don't know the difference of EX but I remember the original Strike Vector was fun as hell. Trying not to kill yourself while chasing dudes at Mach speed was a blast.

The game is more forgiving in that regard, you won't explode anymore because you scratched your wing on a wall. More that that will still smoke you tho.

I remember in the old game that if you were going pretty slow then you'd just bounce off the wall and take damage. Still, if there aren't at least 3 'Regular Suicides' in the kill feed at all times, something is horribly fucked up

Generic space gets with rotating thrusters are NOT mechs.

Is there a short term for them then ? Or should we all call them Vectors from now on ? I wouldn't mind the latter.

Space jets. Or space ships, but space ship is just larger category.

It's a TRANSFORMABLE space jet. Don't just disregard it as an unimportant feature please.

Hue.
Call me when it will sport actual arms and legs.
Or what, modern jets that can change wings' shape are mechs too?

Those don't have a GERWALK mode.

see
Valkyries are mechs because they can produce limbs outta their parts.

Hue hue

Saging for multiposting because you silly geese are coming too fast.

Point, still, it's not a VTOL jet since the hover mode can actually be used in combat.
Closest thing I know was the ATAC from killzone.

My point stands.
Shit can't walk or grab things, it's not a mech.

It's more than a jet tho. It's not thrust vectoring, the whole thing bends in half and turns into jet copter.

Ho well I found this.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiltjet
I never heard about those before.

Yeah. It's a space jet.
Where the fuck have you been for the past 30 years?

Interesting.
Nobody calls them tilt jets though.

Nobody walls them at all because they were never mass produced irl and almost never appear in vidya. The almost being thanks to SV here.
Also, 95% of the game happens in atmosphere.

So fucking what? Like the half of all shmups also has atmosphere levels.
Are you gonna pull "dark souls of medieval action RPGs" there and try to pass an ancient concept as something brand new?

Is there anyone but you calling a every jet in shmups a spacejet regardless of the environment it evolves in ?

Yeah, everyone born before 2000.
But you wouldn't know that.

Bullshit.
Space fighters or spaceship sure but space jet ?

As I said spaceship is also what they are called.
Space fighters? Maybe? Never heard that one.

Are you for fucking real ?

Jet and fighter is pretty much the same thing anyway.

The only thing I truly need to know is if I can go fucking fast?

ARE YOU FOR MOTHERFUCKING REAL ?

What's the difference between this and the original? Upgrade from Unreal 3 to Unreal 4? Does it retain the same content as before but add more? Details people. Details.

F-fuck off, I'm not a planes fan.
If it doesn't transform into humanoid robot I don't give a fuck.

- Upgrade from Unreal 3 to Unreal 4
- Solo campaign, kind of easy, plot is cheesy, got cool homeworld style drawn cutscene
- Bot fillers in multiplayer games, difficulty adapts itself
- 1 new map around an asteroid tug, another one new map should be coming soon
- Rock soundtrack, rock everywhere
- Everything rebalanced

- LMGs are gone, some people liked them, I guess the devs considered them too alike to gatlings to keep and rebalance
- Mixed wielding is gone, forced dual-wield

Interesting. Too bad it's not just an update to the original game. Also Unreal 4 is better than 3 in my book, but the increased rendering difficulty of the engine is sure to turn away people with weaker systems, so that's kind of unfortunate.

I've heard this one can run on a toaster, as long as said toaster is DX11 compatible. So weaker wouldn't be as much as an issue than older would.

Yeah, nah, go fuck yourself Ragequit.

so, just a deathmatch?
lame

What are the multiplayer game modes? Surely not just death match?

The original had a killer CTF mode, don't tell me this has less modes?

CTF, king of the hill, Demolition, Bounty Hunter, DM, TDM

Ah cool, not bad.

So it turns out owners of the original get 50% off the price of ex on steam, which is nice I guess.
If it is anything like the original but with actually populated servers, it will be well worth the money for me at least.

Tried it out with both a controller and a M+KB.
I did not expect the M+KB combo to work so much better in a flying game. I'd bought the original way back when and couldn't run it properly on my older rig. So I thought it was a combination of shit hardware and that this game was meant to be played with joypads.
Nope, just shit computer.
Which what I still have now, thing keeps crashing my NVidia driver.

And this is just sad. Less than ten servers up on the second day of release and a message popped up when I was exiting a game, informing me about russian localization.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Probably cry because I've already spent about 10 bucks on both of these games and there are barely any players.

post a damn webm already

I'll post a youtube video, then you figure out how to turn it into a decent webm yourself.

After about 5 minutes of recording my computer bluescreened and now I'm sitting her with an empty 1,3 GB file and no experience gained from that match, where I was actually doing quite well for a guy who only played one match before this.
So fuck you, fuck this game, fuck this computer and fuck … I dunno, fuck the IRS.
In case it does work, it's in the embed.

how are the bots, are they bearable? id still be playing the first if it had them

Difficulty ranges from "I'll just stand there waiting for you to kill me" to "I can snipe you from across the map and I can dodge all your homing missiles"

I played the original that they released on Steam and it tanked in a few months despite them providing updates and patches as well as new game modes. Then they released EX which forced people to buy a slightly different version. Fuck them.

will retry today with controller, hopefully its better handled.

Does it have more players than the original?

No and no.

Tried altering the mouse sensitivity and lowering the smoothing ?

user at least upload an image without the watermark.

Any anons want to play together? I bought it hoping there would be some US players but all the servers are Russian/Japanese and 300+ ping.

It's fun as fuck though, and if you like mechs and

They vary based on your skill level. If you start racking up kills they'll get better.

I'm from central europe and my ping was never below 100.

Something about it seems wrong compared to the non-EX version. Maybe everybody demonstrating EX is just fucking terrible at it, but it seems considerably slower

Me personally, I'm better with a KB+M setup, but it's playable on both setups. The original Strike Vector is impossible to play with a controller, it's too sensitive even on the lowest setting.
Other video examples are being uploaded right now, so check back when they're up in about 15-20 minutes.

Now in shitty WEBM form!

Ah, no. Their game was fucked and that's why it had no community, now they fix it and want us to shell out more money to play the game we already own that should have all this content? Nah, go fuck yourself.

This. They had their chance and they blew it. Shame to because they actually had a fantastic variety of servers available day 1 of release.

Oh there's lots of 'Regular Suicides' still.

The flying in that game almost makes me want to play it again.

This. Radio silence for months and a year really pissed me off. When sony announced the EX was coming to their shit and no other, I gave up. Now they demand I pay for shit I already own, fuck them.

I miss the speed too user. You're not alone.

It's equally fun the other way around, when you chase down some sniper fucker and he crashes trying to escape into tight spaces.