/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Finally dead edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favorite cases or characters it's all welcome here.

In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases, Investigations and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

docs.google.com/document/d/13DDwBcpxQp3p7AQDSLLf6TysJTsDr_EbypQs45zHZ-4/edit
Be sure to check there for the Quickstart Guide!

Streams are usually on twitch, evening US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases there via guardlytheguard, lawfuldickish, and toodamnsmug, or their corresponding youtube channels.

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A-2r36taNbZEM5Q3dGVXFIZnc

docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#

DGS2 in Famitsu 07/13
forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32649
DGS2 countdown
timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20170803T00&p0=248&msg=Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 Release Date&font=slab&csz=1
DGS2 trailer youtube.com/watch?v=U6oclCrPyNo
DGS1 translated playthrough is back on youtube youtube.com/watch?v=0m-AdWHDEAA&list=PL1vvPkGTr_iR67W3Cpmw5APvfCoQYmVoX

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/124CZntyMfegqJgZmGbL4hwukQvHOuHbK-wuMqcsFD-Q/edit#
docs.google.com/document/d/1RcmrWTdyV-Sl7_8h_kqSuunb4gxsTdwemOxl20YkhPQ/edit#
docs.google.com/document/d/1KnfTJiqO8sKTX2fPVYeh3LkQdD-QUwzEKTDOP3V08b0/edit#
mediafire.com/file/36zkhoj72syvzsv
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The previous thread got eaten by the Altracity demon, or something?

It dropped down to like page oblivion so yeah. Got eaten.

How was the last AA game that took place in the past.

Decent. Not the greatest, though, because there were one or two cases that were just a complete mistake.

please live

We're doing a Morrowind case over at area 2, stop by if you're interested.

Fuck can't believe I missed this

Thanks for the guide, gamer

gah don't die just yet

Have a bump from someone who doesn't play anymore.

F

PSA: Don't forget about defendant profiles as evidence.

What was the name of the case?

A Sacred Turnabout

[Walls the case]

Courtroom 3 is needing roles for a Metal Gear Rising case.

Gloves.
Gloves are a fucking mistake.

I need the Miles building a wall gif again.

Also requesting someone edits this to be Edgeworth over Pepe's face, Manfred over the guy in the back's face, and change FROGGED to UPDATED. And paste the icon for autopsy reports over the thing sucking him off

After watching a few of the archived ones some of the cases go into a wildly different direction even beyond what I expect in the AA games a lot of the twists are really neat

jesus christ

I hate GIMP, I tried my best

its easy to hate Gimp when you don't even know how to use it

t.free software user

I want Paint.Net back.

This is the greatest picture ever made. Thank you.

Is ANYONE seeing this case in Courtroom 2?
Because this is so fucking GREAT!

Post doc (when it's done). What's the case about anyway?

Ending was a letdown but in any case it was fun.
docs.google.com/document/d/124CZntyMfegqJgZmGbL4hwukQvHOuHbK-wuMqcsFD-Q/edit#

Why doesn't the JP judge have a guilty and a not guilty thing? That seems rather lacking for a judge.

Oi cunts get the normal update if you haven't yet.

What a fucking AMAZING case.

docs.google.com/document/d/1RcmrWTdyV-Sl7_8h_kqSuunb4gxsTdwemOxl20YkhPQ/edit#

damon gant escaps from prisoooooon case when?

Considering what I've heard about the Japanese justice system, that sounds accurate.

DING
docs.google.com/document/d/1KnfTJiqO8sKTX2fPVYeh3LkQdD-QUwzEKTDOP3V08b0/edit#

PS. One press for a final testimony is such a bad idea. I don't know what kind of miracle happened for that to end in not guilty.

Which would be better as a replacement for Sho Minamimoto - Inverse Matrix? This?

Or this?

S h i t

Here, have a zip file replacing Hazama's hair to green.
mediafire.com/file/36zkhoj72syvzsv

thanks gummy

AAAAAAAAA don't die

Get up.

You still ain't going nowhere.

Behold, Rise Kujikawa's ascension into the Goddess of Lust

Jesus christ, I play AOV to get away from reality, not to have reality stare me dead in the face.

Roll to flirt was the best meme to come out of AAIs.

I don't like the way she flirts but the 20/20 is fucking great.

Okay I know I'm late to bitching about it, but
FUCK YOU PHOENIX NEVER RETURN, YOU ARE SUCH A FAGGOT

WHO THE FUCK GAVE A RETARD $50 TO SHILL OUR AUTISTIC FUCKING GAME?

what

Some retard gave a sub-60k jewtuber $50 to do a video of AAO. It's a complete shitshow since the retard couldn't even install the game properly.

Anongrill decided it would be a fantastic idea to invite more people to the server and gave them an all expense paid pass in the comments.

Definitely her. Jesus fucking Christ. I genuinely want to fucking kick her ass now.

Daily reminder to abide by the rules and report all underaged

Remove Anongrill.

Whose Court in area 6 if anybody is still awake.

Well it seems the new people are coming in now

THANKS ANONGRILL YOU DUMB CUNT

Considering how uninformed they were, I doubt they actually read the comment and just came on because the server was the most populated

I'm a complete newbie to this game and thread but I recently got an interest after talking about what I knew about the game with my friend. I'm kind of just watching shit right now because the game looks a little intimidating, but I also heard there's a way for me to join the game and kinda play a lesser role in the cast that's not as easy to fuck up or something.

Seriously though as a Morrowindfag I'd love to be able to watch this.

Support bench roles are that. Sometimes they're deleted but if there's an available one you can slot yourself in there and so long as the players on your side know you're new, no one will have any real expectations of you beyond shitty memes and childish banter.

Oh, that's cool. I've played some AA and I've roleplayed in the past, so it shouldn't be too hard as long as I play my character as kind of an absentminded klutz, because I'm kind of new to this shit and I'm honestly probably a little too clumsy for going right in and doing anything too intelligent. I'm gonna spectate at first and I'll probably join in later on.

So yeah I think I'll go with the support bench thing but I'm pretty sure I can at least have one "good" moment in a case instead of being overall useless.

It was actually recorded, even has a doc in the description.
I will have to warn you, some of the lore gets butchered a bit.

Gloves are valid if the character wears it as part of their decor, because duh. Good witnesses leave other inconsistencies for people to drill at and don't leave it to "muh fingerprints".
Good witnesses also don't exist.

It's more that witnesses aren't allowed to do good things. All they can do is box in the later witnesses with what's already established, because turning the crime on it's head or completely changing the circumstances causes everyone to freak out and either undo it or spend a huge amount of recess time waiting for the next wit to completely rewrite their testimony because everyone's too scared to improv

Wow, we're active as fuck today. All courtrooms are building or casing. If anyone wants to join a Didney Worl retrial without the ESL Phoenix, Courtroom 4 could use players.

But I like watching everyone freak out and poorly improv.

I've done this all the time as a detective and usually it works out well since I usually give my fellow witnesses a heads up and let them decide what to do with that info. The same can be applied to witnesses but in general if you're planning to do something that will flip the table it's a good idea to inform your partners in crime so the bad improv witnesses can at least prepare for the shitstorm.
Also this is usually really funny.

I guess Rise really got a Rise out of Alba.

Is there a meme as pure as 19 years of fucking perfection?

Server is LIV

Where is everyone

LIVE

36 minutes of uninterrupted lore.

halp

Mind showing a screencap?

The best part of Area 4's case.

S E R B D E A D
P A N I C

Serb is dead?

Pannicking right now.
Running in circles maneuver activated.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

We're casing in the basement RIGHT NOW. The fuck you on about?

Case doc?

I haven't been able to get into AOV in the entire day, but I have no problems getting into any other thing like VLS.

I don't know what the problem could be…

Ok, false alarm, apparently I'm banned, that's why I cannot enter.

Disregard what i posted, and my apologies for what I have done. (In this case, posting spoilers to DGS2 as Descole on various areas.). I consider my pnishment fair, but I'd like to know if the ban is eternal to know if I should just uninstall everything. Thank you.

I'm not one of the mods so I couldn't tell you. What I can tell you is that there is an embargo on DGS2 spoilers until the 17th. Your ban may just be until then. Still though, that's pretty uncool my dude.

I know, my "next big meme" ended up as my biggest blunder of all time. Lesson learned I guess.

You can't force a meme nerd. Especially one that's against the rules. There will only be one ((Case?))-man.

have this

You have severely fucked up somewhere. Are you using the right client?

Welp, found the problem

Wait, we got fanart of Double D Turnabouts or was their character choice made to reflect this art or what even is this

wewlad.
By the was, don't use 2.4.3 it's known for lagging horribly. Use 2.4.2.

Wait, how would he connect without a client?

Indeed, this morning I was able to enter AOV again. If any mod is reading this, thank for giving me a second chance, I pro mise to not do such shit again, I've have xertainly learned my lesson.

Apologizing again, Decole.

We got a dam case in Courtroom 1 that needs more people.

Alright you mother fuckers, I got hours to spare and I'm likely not gonna be able to be in a running case in that time. Give me some image requests

Pic 1 with a character of your choice
Pic 2 with characters of your choice, maybe the mains of people who vocally hate arcade for good reason
Pic 3 but it's "Good morning Adachi"

Here's two of them

You forgot the sun in the back

Thanks.

Don't die yet, /aog/.

Finding six to eight hours a day for this is killing me. Hold me /aog/.

If you wanna have bannts there's still the >Discord
Sucks that you can't find time to case though. Really there should be a format that encourages shorter cases and the like. Like, puzzles or riddles or something. As long as it's not as circlejerky as Mafia that is.

I wouldn't mind working on something like a shorter format (when I have the time). Maybe something based off the Professor Layton games that only lasts like an hour or two? No idea but it's something I might try to think of.
As much as I want less reasons to use the Chinese spyware, I may as well join the circlejerk. Especially since I still have a pre-built case I may just hand to whoever plays Sherluck in my stead.

updated

I've been thinking about playing for a while but how long do cases normally take? How does it work? Mostly RP and improv held together by memes?

I'm also interested but I'm nervous about joining and screwing up like a complete buffoon.

5-6 hours on the average. Also, there's a standard procedure most of the time, so it's not all RP and improv and memes. And don't be afraid to say that you're new, there are people who are always happy to help and no in way at all spoonfeeding you the entire answer. If you don't know something, ask. That's how you usually learn, but most people believe in trial by fire. So good luck. If you're still around at this time I'll be in the basement or something.

Conway, what have you got yourself into, man?

You uh, see somethin' you like?

Million Dollar Extreme case in Area 3 is building, if anyone wants to help out.

Shit looks like fun. I might join you autists by lurking. When do you usually play?

American hours.

fug

Don't worry we have yurofags casing at this hour as well.

EMBRACE THE MADNESS

Phoenix: The witness didn't see the defendant attacking Furio, they were attacking me!

We usually start cases from 2PM (normal casing) to 12AM (nitekrew hours) EST, but we might have enough people to start a case at 9AM EST. That timeslot could use some filling up, but more with players rather than peanuts.

wew, bustling
6th court when?

Never, because summer is almost over.

HOLY SHIT, SO WORTH IT

Is there a guide to good DJing? I only ever play questioning, pursuit, suspense, and character themes and it's really lacking. I just don't know when I should switch tracks and what to.

If you're super concerned, you should sit down and have a listen to some of the tracks that are non-AA. Some stuff like SMTSJ's tracks can even be used for suspense, admittedly. I can give you some of my recommendations, personally. No guide for it, since it's personal preference.

bump

Alabaskar.

It's time. The terrible truth on Atlas. You see,Atlas also goes by the name Reg. I became very good friends with him over steam and we used to play video games and so together. AOV started up in december and Atlas invited me to it. It was really fun at first, and me and Atlas even made our own private server to just roleplay on. Eventually we started getting a bit lewd with the characters and started a sort of online relationship. Turns out we were both homosexual in real life. I used to skype him clear into the night and we would watch movies together over skype and even act like we were holding hands over webcam. It was amazing and I loved every bit of it. I know it wasn't real love, but by god it indeed felt so. Then Atlas began to change for some odd reason. I think it was the enviorment. He stopped answering calls on skype and would even respond with "faggot" whenever i tried to message him. I asked him what was wrong over and over again but he would never tell me. He used some of the personal information i trusted with him to find my school facebook page and posted some of the things i showed him, and even posted all the juicy details of me being gay. He literally ruined my life. Yes I was underage at the time technically. So was he. We're both over 18 now. Now I hear Atlas is still around. Probably scamming another poor soul into bearing his heart out of his chest only for it to be ripped out by his beating heartful grasp! Heartless and cruel! What is he?! WHAT ARE YOU?!

Now you know.

Who cares we don't play a lawyer sim to get hooked up with fellow autists lmao

For good reason.

Post good OC.
I lost my shit while moving.

I want more context behind this.

Pssst.

Hey "master" detective.

Fuck off Liquid

What happened? Did you accidentally misplaced your violin? Are there no mysteries for you to solve?

That oh so familiar gnawing sense of boredom, it's back again isn't it? Or perhaps is it how the little things change. You want something to happen, yet it doesn't. You want your violin to play as you remembered it yet it can't make it's old tunes.

Your meme isn't funny Liquid

Well guess what Holmes, it'll only get worse from here on out. You'll start to see patterns to these things. How people will react, how crimes are set up. Your comforting, familiar aspects of your own life will twist and turn into something foreign and unsightly. It will happen to your violin, it will happen to your sense of mystery.

It'll happen to Iris Watson.

And I'll just watch. I will just enjoy myself as you spiral into a hole, clinging on to whatever pathetic excuse of a life you'll end up up-keeping for yourself. And do you know the best part of it all?

The cherry ontop of your misery sundae? The film that you yourself help produce? The most amusing part of it all?

I was the one who fucked up your violin

Also I may or may have not made Iris take my entire length of my cock down her throat and ass

Video related. If you don't want to watch the whole thing:
Can confirm, I was the judge. I didn't realize it was an >Undertale case when I signed up, I swear.

Wasn't that fucking Darkuz? He needs to fuck off with the slut meme.

Yes it was. Sorry for indulging
on it.

Bump.

Why is discussion of actual Ace Attorney games shoveled into this dead cesspit of multiplayer garbage?

Why would it be? How about making a thread about AA user? Unless Mark is being a fucking retard again in which case just tell him this thread's not for general AA discussion.

Not gonna happen, not today.

Thread's dead, post your best meme caps.

This is my best. Sorry.

thought the thread could die in peace? TOO BAD IM REDOWNLOADAN THIS GAMEAND GONNA REMOTE DESKTOP TO WATCH TRIALS FROM MY PHONE

We Tee-K.O now?

how do actual lawyers live knowing they'll never be able to indict the witness and get away with it

Stop spamming your fucking webm everywhere already, you got banned from /tg/ because of that.