Non-steam games

I came to realization that even if I torrent most of my games, I still use steam for discovery and steam forums for resolving whatever tech issues games have.
Just how much am I missing out? Are there any good places to learn about games that are not on steam?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/625140
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lots of neat Indies on itch.io
That's about it

its like when you keep opening the fridge hoping to find a tasty snack but there's nothing, and you keep doing it, even when you're well aware that there is nothing inside that you want.

its almost Pavlovian…

i should make it clear, i do not buy games on steam.

if i see something in steam that i fancy, i close steam, look up some gameplay, and maybe pirate.

The queue does work, you just need to go through it multiple times.
Remember to filter out mmos and free to play stuff, I also filtered out anime since there's never anything good in that tag.

Very interesting, thanks. Never heard of the place.

Most of top discussed games on Holla Forums is either latest console games or something from steam front page.
So I assume most people are the same as me.

i kinda want an MMO to play with some people, but all i keep finding is terrible ones that no one here would want to play.

That's because there are no good mmos
And even if a new mmo were to happen it would die after a few months from lack of players

yeah, the only choice left is to go back to old games that get "classic" official servers, like runescape or lineage 2.

i just want one modern MMO that doesn't try to do action-oriented combat with real time dodging, just give me a damn dodge stat.

another thing that ticks me off, you know how old games just spawned you in the world and told you to go fuck yourself right?, you had no obligations to do anything, if you did quests, abused the market, or killed demon kings it was entirely up to you.

any mmo released after 2006 starts your character as the protagonist in the middle of some sorta important story and you're taken by the hand, forced to play it, at the same time as every other cockgobbler who also happens to be the protagonist & "chosen one".

what happened to spawning people in an uncaring world and letting them do whatever they want, within the boundaries of the game of course.

polite sage because im just ranting at this point.

Fucking warframe in a nutshell

As we've seen with normal indies resurrecting some dead genres, I'm sure that as soon as it becomes easier to create an mmo well see a new influx of this kind of stuff.
It's just not viable for people without a bit team or budget at the moment, but we'll get there eventually

Dunno.
I use Steam and Gamergate. Rarely anything else.

I guess Rimworld and Starsector are exceptions.

Ive pretty kuch been going backward in time for games to play. Honestly, nothing AAA is worth plsyong for the most part. I hope smaller studios make a comeback. Feed me a game

Stories Untold

It's already easy to make a barebones mmo and there are kits and presets and shit. What do you think it is used for? Shit like this.
store.steampowered.com/app/625140

Well what? Are you implying there is AAA game worth plsyong?

MMOs are usually the most expensive type of game to make.

then why do they always come out being shit?

thats not an MMO, its a literal skinnerbox, there's a difference.

Because all the money is pumped into the "Massively Multiplayer Online" part, instead of the "game" part. Running servers and good netcode is hard.

I'm not protecting modern mmos, but sounds to me you faggots just don't what you want.
Why aren't you playing one of those numerous vanilla/retro private servers then? Ragnarok, WOW, MAbinogi, pretty much every big MMO has one.

because i already played them and i got bored of them, besides they're all mostly buggy due to poor netcode.

i'd go back to runescape if they hadn't started pandering to tumblr SJWs and ruining their """"classic"""" server by turning it into lowpoly RS3-lite. fucking idiots had to ruin it with that shit new continent.