My two favorite genres are 3D Platformers and Shooters, are there any games that mix these two together?

My two favorite genres are 3D Platformers and Shooters, are there any games that mix these two together?

Your favorite games are shit. :(

Mega Man X7

bhop maps for counter strike source

Lovely planet. Comfy game, be sure to play it when you need to mellow down.

Ratchet & Clank is the obvious one that comes to mind.

Shadow the Hedgehog

Serious Sam TSE.

Splatoon
Kid Icarus Uprising

I actually never played a Ratched and Clank game since I never owned a PS2. What am I missing?

This may be a stupid answer, but would Titanfall 2 be something that would scratch his itch? It consists of shooting, but also wants you to go fast and land in the more opportune spots.

Fun and varied weapons, challenging and unique levels, great writing and animation, and some banging music.

If you've played Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet is basically that game on steroids.

Wasn't Rise of the Triad known for having platforming mixed into it?
I've never played it, but look into it maybe?

Shadow the Hedgehog

Is it true that their HD remake ruins the game?

Do you mean the PS3 ports of the original trilogy or the PS4 remake of the original R&C?

To my knowledge, the R&C HD collection has some glitches but is overall a solid port. The remake offers improved controls over the original but it removes some levels, adds some (that aren't very good) to tie into the movie, changes the weapon roster, replaces the soundtrack, and totally rewrites the story and cutscenes so that they're either dull infodumps or terrible meme humor with awful animation and stupid-looking character redesigns. Ratchet and Clank's character dynamic in particular is ruined, since in the remake they become lifelong friends five minutes after meeting one another and barely speak to each other afterwards.

Fun and comedic mix of platforming and TPS. Lots of cool guns and gadgets to use (and in the later two PS2 games, level up/evolve into other guns).

I've seen a few claims here and there that the PS3 HD Collection outright wouldn't run properly, but in my experiences it's fine aside from some graphical glitches. Still, it's not like the original PS2 versions are remotely expensive or hard to find, so if you have access to playing those, it might be more worth the effort to do so.

Also, as a word of advice if you do go for the HD versions: Copy the cleared save data (or save to a new slot) of the prior game before going to the next, or NG+. Going to NG+ seems to remove the clear data status, and thus you won't get the old save bonuses on the subsequent games. Better to play it safe.

Future Cop LAPD might be to your liking.

ROTT doesn't to all that much platforming except in Extreme ROTT where it is really aggravating and dependent on picking the faster characters, E4M1 actually has a pillar platform puzzle at the end that is impossible to clear except with Thi Barrett, other characters need to rocket jump (thankfully this is an option). The remake expects rocket jumping in a few places. It also does some platforming but generally not in combat areas.

Playing both is recommended.

The only difference between 3D platformer and third person shooter is you can shoot in TPS, idiot.

How many TPS have excessive platforming in them?

AFPS. Everyone knows jump to go fast, but a lot of maps are built around tricks that give tactical advantages.

Hey OP, there's a bunch of indie games that mash these two genres together.
The best one in my opinion is Lovely Planet: FPS based on going fast and making accurate jumps and shots. Ignore the graphics, you'll get used to them.
DeadCore (first person) and Cloudbuilt (3rd person) are mostly platforming but feature some shooting elements.

I want to undress Tomoko's feet while caressing her legs and telling her that her life matters

MDK 1 and 2 maybe?

Dong Kong 69

Racism is against the rules user. That game portrays blacks in negative ways.

Metroid Prime. Not really a shooter though (but you do shoot things in it)

The Rickenbacker section of System Shock 2. Its awful

This may just be the easiest recommendation I've ever made, OP you will absolutely love pic related to death I guarantee it.

the jak and daxter series

Mario Kart map on tf2, ask the people behind tf2 vintage if it's possible to make a dedicated server.

I was playing the first game yesterday for the first time and it was okay.
Character designs are awful and running feels really slidey, apart from that it's alright.