RIP Sonic Comics

Where were you when Archie finally got put out of their misery?

Other urls found in this thread:

tails.kicks-ass.net/
yp1.yayponies.no/books/book.php
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Sonic-The-Hedgehog
twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/888536084472352770
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wonder who will take up the mantle of the sonic comics now.Will they make it into a manga or some shit like that?

I know Dark Horse did a fantastic Samurai Jack miniseries, they might be able to handle the Sonic comic.

They're gonna give it over to Marvel and Marvel's gonna hire chris-chan to write it.

FOOLS! NOW YOU SEE THE FOLLY OF TRIFLING WITH THE TRUE WRITER OF THE ECH'NYVDJA MASTER RACE! MY COMICS WILL SELL MILLIONS WHILE ARCHIVE SUFFERS IN POVERTY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

That's not gonna happen. The comics were canned because Sega didn't like how the authors were trying to put current year bullshit in it.

At least we still have The Lara-Su Chronicles

Could I see some examples? Current year + Sargnarg sounds hilarious.

That's actually comforting.
And they want to go in a different direction, not ending the series altogether, so it should be interesting to see what they do with it.

I hope you have evidence to collaborate your affirmations

No, they weren't.
Archie Sonic was canned because Archie is trying to use their comics to promote the Riverdale TV series and Sonic isn't 'mature' enough to fit with that style of shilling.

Don't really have any evidence. That's just what it sounded like when this was talked about while it was still debated in Holla Forums.

discussed*

Got any screen caps?

I'd put my money on Dark Horse, this is right up their alley.
They handle a lot of comic spin offs from other media, although I don't know if they've ever done something like that for long term, or something this autistic.

We'll see when sega lets us know more.

Rumor is going around that IDW is gonna get the license and they'll gear up for a teenage mutant ninja turtles crossover

dubs confirm
just go with it

fuck

Jesus, user, spoiler that will ya?

Fucking board is finally cuck 2.0

Press F to pay respects

Fuck off you fur fag.

You now realize that if SEGA basically reboots the entire thing to where none of the Archie series never happened, 4/7 of the characters in that pic will soon cease to have never existed. It means Sally will no longer be queen furfag of the Sanic kingdom, no more robo bun, and frenchfag is also kill.

Will miss the walrus tho. I wish he could have done more since his entire purposed got fucked over once Tails got gud with machines.

Don't forget that turned him into the token faggot.

you first bro

Sally was in the cartoon, too, so she would probably still exist.

Fucking slaughter all the faggot enablers.

RIP in piss

I never read this furbait anyway.

Archie wasn't trying to put any current year bullshit in. What supposedly happened was that SEGA wanted more money for the license. Archie execs, who were looking for an excuse to drop the comic, anyway, and focus entirely on Riverdale, decided it was a good time to stop renewing the license. Even if this leak wasn't true, Archie is in the middle of a legal case with Scott Fulop, an old writer for Archie Sonic, over reprint trades featuring characters he created, which probably didn't help.

Yeah, Sega practically owns all of the cartoon characters. But I think whatever this new comic ends up being, it'll probably keep it's distance from the satam characters for a while.

Though, unless Sega just wants game adaptions out of the new comic. It wouldn't surprise me if they were slowly reintroduced much later.

STC > Archie anyway. Nothing of value was lost.

Isn't archie ran by a literal scyzhophrenic who goes around grabbing mens penises, calling them meat and laughing about it in their faces, straight up telling them she will always get away with because she has a vagina?

StC is dead, too, though.

Are we being raided?

Can't wait for the license to fall in IDW's hands, and have a MLP crossover

The salt, the autism and the bawwing will be legendary

By queers, yes. Report all pro-faggot bullshit when you see it.

wasn't sonic comics currently canned for riverdale?>

I'll gut you user

Looks like the ride is finally over.

We can only hope Sega doesn't give the license to any other comic publisher considering how awful they all are. Not even Sonic deserves the fate of being pozzed by current year comic writers.

I always saw these in the bookstore as a kid. I never read more than a handful. There's so many goddamn Sonic comic books. Is there a repository with all of them somewhere so I can read all of them?

Not caring about dogshit western comics.

Well i'd probably fucking kill myself before such an autistic thing could be unleashed upon the world, but most sonic fags have long converted to bronies, so i don't expect a whole lot of salt.

Rather sonic be a western comic than there being any chance of a there being Sonic X or Sonic 06 tier shit.

The probably should have stopped at Issue 50 frankly. It just kept going down hill after that.

tails.kicks-ass.net/

make an account before trying to download.

Early issues have a comedic tone but it gradually shifts to drama. Sometimes the comic makes bad decisions. Very bad.
But they also aren't completely afraid to permadeath some characters like that fucking lameass turtle

WTF?

Issue 50s permadeath was bullshit. Fucking Retcon bullshit, should've just left the characters dead. I enjoyed the tension of the end game but it ended up just being fucked over by that ending and was super disappointing and also why the TV Shows ending sucked because they tried to cram the entire endgame into a single episode.

I think Death Egg Saga was the best of the comics, followed Sonic 3 perfectly and was really awesome from an art standpoint.

I'm sure in one issue that had some kind of #blacklivesmatter kind of story in it. Not sure if the quality has improved since that.

That comic was so bad and so blatant about its message, you wouldn't believe.

Spike, the little dragon, went into the city and met Social Justice Dragon. Social Justice Dragon took him comic book shopping and whined about the representation of dragons in comics, bringing up points like there should be more dragons making comics, but it shouldn't be left up to dragons to make comics about dragons.

Later, the dragons are sent home by the police due to a curfew. There has been a series of fires lately and Social Justice Dragon complains about racial profiling. In this comic for children, the shown to not care one bit about their community. Spike investigates and discovers that it was actually some sort of fire slug crawling around town and burning down buildings.

Great comic, would definitely let my children read propaganda like this.

It's been fucking years since I watched an episode, and still, reading this hurts my soul

Stop being pony faggots. Jesus fucking Christ.

Based Richard Elson tbh. Always really liked his clean art style.

I liked what they did with the chaos emeralds. It meant they should remain a last ditch effort so Sonic wouldn't murder everyone.
And the fact that Knuckles could fuck up Super Sonic was good too.

When did knuckles fuck up super sonic in stc?

Bullshit. It's because Archie is getting sued AGAIN by another faggot who used to write for them, after that faggot Penders "won" his case (he kept delaying the trial until Sega told Archie to settle or lose the comic license they settled ) this new faggot decided he wanted free money too, but since Archie has most of their money tied up in that shitty CW show they "can't afford" to buy the license this year.

Huh. No gratitude to Archie for being a partner good enough to work with for 24 years

Wew, finally. At least we'll still have Sonic Boom

I didn't know this existed

Cute art style, I hope its good

Megaman Archie comics died prematurely yet autists will shriek when sanic comics get to actually end with a proper fucking ending? This world is too rotten for good things to thrive.

Even the most autistic of horsefuckers can't stand that shit. Don't put yourself through it.

t. autistic horsefucker

They don't, though. There hasn't been a single new issue released for months, and there are actually several issues done but unreleased. The Mega Man comics at least got a final issue to say goodbye. Sonic is getting nothing.

It's not awful, maybe you'll find some comics that you like

yp1.yayponies.no/books/book.php

Some pages go a little too far with the references

F

I was wonderign when the eurofaggot would show up. Your edgelord comic was never good either, stop lying to yourself.

The days of me being a Ponyfag will haunt me forever won't they?

No one forgets Titan Tails.

Don't worry user. It will.

It hurts whenever I remember

At least I'm not alone in my pain.

By that logic the simpsons is the best cartoon because it's the longest.

it was simpler times

I wonder how efchan are doing.

According to a websearch that cancer is terminal.

Reported for horsefucker.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Sonic-The-Hedgehog

You can also find fleetway shit IIRC and the other stuff

Why do unicorns even have silverware, if they can just make the foot float to their mouths?

decorum
for them eating directly using magic must be like eating with your hands

Loss?

He looks like a Jewish pedophile

I kinda want that to happen now.

some men just wanna watch the world burn.

The Doctor is a canon horse?

Do all of his characters resemble himself with the opposite type of eyes? The fuck…

Maybe SEGA will just hire Tyson Hesse directly. He's involved with Sonic Mania I think, so it's actually a possibility.

The canon name is supposed to be"Time Turner" but the toys call him Dr Hooves.

There's an entire scene where he says he's been studying science "decades… centuries really"

Someone please nuke the thread

Seriously who gives a fucking shit

I see, but hands would get dirty, magic wouldn't… or would it? Now that's actually an interesting idea.

I wanna fug that bunny.

I only got the phantom of the opera.

Your an fucking idiot

There was no current year bullshit whatsoever, the comics got out of that shit after penders got canned

twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/888536084472352770

It's official. Sonic is going to continue under IDW. next year.
I don't know that much about comics. Is that good or bad?

It would have been pretty good a few years back, now it's doomed to SJW influence. I hope they find it in them to hire Ian Flynn back. It's a possibility seeing as he's the main reason the comics became popular again.

Gimmie it for free

While he did fix and refocus the comics. Pender's wrath have at least shown us that a world mostly created and managed by flyn, didn't seem anywhere near as interesting.

I think that has more to do with SEGA taking all the "we don't want new characters, just sawnic and maybe taels and knockles" shit to heart then anything penders did.

It could also be because penders was a colossal creep and they simply did not like the way his stories were going.

I can't see the address, what does it say?

Truly zeroes were the appropriate digit to repeat.

Fucking called it. Now it's only a matter of time before we have Sonic racing Carpet Muncher

What, the green hand or the purple tentacles?

One of the main writers for StC teaches my course at university, I like to slip references to it into my work for bonus points.

Ha where was that poster found?

No, the thing just above dead center of the page: the creature reaching out from under a chained up door saying "I'll swallow your soul!" Right from ED2.

So what'll happen to Ian Flynn? Will he never write for Sonic again?

Oh, flew rigth over my head.

This kills the Sonic.

Apparently people are pushing for him like crazy, and he's acknowledged it.

Was he the Boxer Hockey guy who did the Genesis comic, or a decent Archie writer who worked on Sonic?

He was the guy who wrote the Sonic comics after Penders left, and the MegaMan Archie run.

MegaMan was fucking robbed, they never even released to collected volumes.

Well, seeing as he writes TMNT for IDW, chances are good he'll still be writing at least some of Sonic.

He is

The Simpsons is the best cartoon of all time, as long as you ignore all the episodes since Al Jean took over.

Consoletards really are the plague

Neat.

Yeah, he'd make a great writer for the comics and games. Hopefully as Archie hemorrhages IDW do the smart thing and snatch him up.

Actually a Megaman and Classic Sonic cross over in the style of Generations would be cool.

Didnt they finish it months ago

you cant unmasturbate to pony pone, so no

It is loss. There's even a baby

Is this Robotnik's uncle?

Meant to make this the last image.

motherfucker needs to keep a mustache at all times to even resemble a human being.