Nintendo Switch online requires an app that only works on the latest $500+ smart phones

Nintendo Switch online requires an app that only works on the latest $500+ smart phones

on top of a yearly sub fee, cost of games, cost of consoles and peripherals they actually expect every switch owner to go out and buy a smartphone more expensive than the console.

I understand the old suits at Nintendo think they make toys and are horrified of the bad press of another 'pedo ring using swapnote' situation but do they really not know that things like discord, mumble, teamspeak and even fucking skype exist?

I can understand them charging for online because every other console gets away with it. Its fucking greedy but on some level i understand.

This on the other hand makes no rational sense. Who is going to use that other than the people that need to have the latest iphone the day it comes out or something and already own a 'released within the last 6 months' tier smartphone?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00H8XGNUS/
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26938/~/nintendo-switch-online-app-overview-and-faq
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Source or GTFO.

Its live on all appstores. Iphone requires 9.0 at the earliest, android requires an update version less than 3 months old.

So you better have half a grand if you want to be called a faggot by 40 year old moviebob clones who believe its okay when nintendo does it.

Lets see an actual source instead of you telling people to look at the app store. Quite sure something like this would have a mention given its ramifications.

No it doesn't. The app is shit but it requires Android 4.4 (Kitkat) to run.. Which is fucking ancient.
I've found £60 phones with Android Kitkat, and i'm sure if I did digging I could find cheaper budget phones.

Here's a snip from the play store, stating what Android version it requires.

The HTC One M8 should work, it's about 159 dollars. You can probably find something cheaper though.

amazon.com/dp/B00H8XGNUS/

97% of iOS devices are running 9.0 or later and 9.0 supports 6 year old iPhones.

Lel what a poorfag

If you bought the latest and the greatest why would you ever touch a Nintendo console?

/thread

OP is a lying faggot. Sage and report.

Because Sega isn't in the console business anymore.

So niggers, cucks, twats, and dubs?

Good bait OP. Got me to reply.

Feels the same as that one thread where OP claimed the fates 2 pack was going to be over $200 or something. Turned out it was full of shit as well. I wonder if this is the same faggot.

OP, unless your using a flip phone, your good. Nintendo, atleast now, understands that accessibility comes first and if they didnt have the app avalible for everything they'd be making wii u level bad decisions.

Don't worry, sonygger, just because Sony embarrassed themselves at e3 doesn't mean you have to start making shit up now.

Woah woah woah. Define "requires". Is the app required for you to log in to play online, or is it just required for voice chat?

Its always the same salty sonigger. The only good that will come from this thread is mark or another mod using it as ammo for the next time he creates another nintendo defamation thread.

What the fuck do PC voice messaging programs have to do with Nintendo?

You mean the voice chat thing considering people are already playing shit like Mario Kart online; literacy tests aren't a requirement to post here, but they should be.

this is uncanny
nintendrones truly are obsessed with their big bad sony

U no make fun of nindendo here this is nindendo board and u will be bamned

aw thats cute. youre projecting because youre angry that your favorite childhood company is voluntarily walking down the path to obscurity right behind konami.

yeah this thread is completely unwarranted, nintendomrade

I have an S4, bought in 2013 at release. Works perfectly fine.

What in the fuck is OP talking about

What's funnier is the manual allegedly recommends not having phones nearby or it'll interfere with the signal from the control to the console.

You do realise that you can get a smartphone for 50$?
Especially if you only want to run one app that doesn't require good hardware

I don't even like Sony nor do I own current gen consoles. Are Nintendorks this insecure?

Classic sonygger projection. It's not that Nintendo is doing anything right, it's that Sony is bumbling and inept (they have been for the past few years, it's just that microsoft and nintendo have bumbled worse). Now shouldn't you be making more sourceless claims about companies that compete with the one you fellate so much?

Here you go OP. You're welcome.

amazing

Oh yeah let me get a fucking boneless Mario Kart 8 match a few weeks ago

Please actually specify what you mean. You seem to be implying that you need the app to play online, when in reality, the app is for voice chat, parties, and some competitive ranking shit, not the actual online play.
Also see

shit thread

I want to say that Switch has a bluetooth. Hardware wise it should work with any bluetooth head set.
It even could use wireless to just use any device at your home for microphone.
Nintendo could release their headset for gaming and connect it to it.

And phone on first pic looks like iPhone. They just removed headphone jack.

I just play on PC these days. Last console I bought was the original 3DS. I don't plan on going back to Nintendo until Treehouse burns down and they stick their collective heads out of their asses.

>Important:While the Nintendo Switch Online app supports the above operating systems, it doesn't not guarantee compatibility with all devices using these OS versions.
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26938/~/nintendo-switch-online-app-overview-and-faq
Screencap from iOS

Technical jargon.
Means nothing.

I made a bigger version of the picture earlier but decided not to post it because I had hoped this shit thread would die.

Here's a £60 smartphone running Android Lollipop, which is a later release than Kitkat

please
more

Pretty sure it's just shitposters trying to get people flinging shit at each other.
Unfortunately, it appears to work every time.

I bet he's the same kind of fag on /k/ bitching at people for buying a $600 Glock instead of a $1200 H&K lolwutapoorfag amirite?

right, youre not a nintendrone, youre just defending nintendo's shitty practice while blindly projecting that op a sonygger even though he didnt say anything about sony.

That's like saying my raspberry board running Win10 can play the latest games with no hiccups. Also battery life while running the app since nearly all modern apps have really terrible efficiency.

glock is shit and easy to intentionally cause misfires and jams.

i could get a better handgun for $300

Every iPhone made in the last 6 years runs iOS 9, you stupid fucking faggot. Android is the platform that doesn't actually support its own software.

Nigger it's a voice chat, not Crysis.

shhh dont spoil the fun
I kind of like it when drones get worked up about sony for no reason

Are you really that retarded or is Android really THAT shitty as a platform?

Try running any voice chat app on android especially on kitkat and see how long it will last. Then again, I think the main point is lost on you and the rest.

grasping at straws

dumb as a brick

You don't know how android or smartphones work yet you pretend like you have a point
You think nobody used apps to call people when KitKat was around?

Do you actually think the battery usage is related to the OS?
You're a fucking retard dude

The idea of using a fucking smartphone for this kind of shit is absolutely foreign to me. Though I think people are also grossly exaggerating the impact of voice chat on an Android device.

They call using their line or with a PC. Smartphones aren't the best in voice chat especially on older phones. Wait, you only understood from my post that OS determines the efficiency of the app and not the phone itself. Please continue.

This, honestly. Is there at least a proper PC version of this shit?

Discord

Nintendo's still trying to promote it as a portable console, so their retarded logic is you'll have your phone with you I guess.

Are you OP trying to hide the fact you're moving the goalposts and spewing retarded shit?

God dude are you actually that daft?

I dunno. You sound dumber than a brick but smarter than
When I implied that android/smartphones don't have equal battery power meaning yes you can buy the cheapest phone just to run the app but realizing that it will only last an hour unless you bring a portable battery pack for your cheap phone and Switch. Take your Ritalin, faggot.

Presumably there's some kind of workaround to run it on PC, but you might need to emulate android since I'm not sure if anyone's going to be able to make a native version.

Is this why they decided to get smartphone market? To combine console use with smartphones?

Right.
Because you're gonna be playing online for 12 hours outside of your house (where mind you, you probably don't have an internet connection), in a place where you can't charge your phone.

Plus, I'm sure a phone, running a chatting app, will surely last less than a Switch in Handheld mode, running Splatoon, playing online.

I have never seen a dafter cunt than you in a very long time. Your strawman argument is so fucking stupid I have a hard time believing someone is actually making it.