Team Fortress 2 Vintage: tilted models edition

Recent news

VERSION 2H1 RELEASED, LINK IN DOWNLOADS

TF2V, what is it?

TF2V stands for Team Fortress 2 Vintage, a Holla Forums made version of TF2C with all the gay shit removed and the game restored to stock TF2. The aim of TF2V is to recreate 2007 TF2 before Valve fucked it up. The project is working towards open source and plans to remove the need for steam

Downloads

Full game (comes with hotfix):

mega.nz/#!uNtD3bKD!BSMkaJkVs8vwBU4iIkNH33xqDfQPMDi_Uco6QALqMMI

moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage

V2H1 NOW AVAILABLE

This version combines the Engineer Test Fix 2 with V2, so you don't need to upgrade if you grabbed that already.

Full install:

mega.nz/#!vFlVXKAI!2kBtDvOtUD4nMcY9a8gTOyF9j2b5GRNhLG4BJz8jJ4M

Upgrade from V2 to V2H1:
mega.nz/#!2YFWVDpJ!Mf3SjSQ643P5x0fQKaJdXDLmPZ6DswYCt-g5J4cPOdo

SENTRY FIX
mega.nz/#!DQUEgI5b!tFCpOaRryU-mEguezMtspMEv935Shm47TxTgnW76pn8

extract the archvie's contents into the buildables folder under models (TF2V\models\buildables), overwrite all. should fix it

Mega is shit and I don't want to download their shit plugin:
github.com/megous/megatools

Then use these, megatools are a set of applications run through CMD to do things such as download from mega. A readme for each exe is included in the package on their site. By default the megadl tool downloads to where it is unless specified.

TF2V GIT REPO
github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage

DED GAME LOL
Right now no one but Holla Forums seems to be aware this exists, so best we can do is spread the word about it.

=Why not TF2C?==

Because the devs went full retard and deviated from what TF2C was meant to do, instead they added a 4 team deathmatch mode no one really seemed to enjoy and useless hats and weapons. Also the lead now is a disgusting unstable tranny.

Either way, this is it's own mod at this point, so let's keep the discussion limited to TF2V. Drama is for teenaged school girls and faggots.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo
mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM
mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/.
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.
mega.nz/#!zVFVFaLA!QVBPU_1zTmdcY3oScZfMrOTikCu68Ivfk8eeYyt48Io
gamebanana.com/gamefiles/4192
gamebanana.com/guis/28706
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_SDK_2013
mediafire.com/file/m5w022h8gttidwb/particles.zip
chrisdown.name/tf2/
mediafire.com/file/a9i0742azo0f4rs/TF2_Oldschool_Pack.zip
gamebanana.com/maps/196197
gamebanana.com/maps/194716
gamebanana.com/maps/193339
mediafire.com/file/j3lwyu1g53f06yp/pl_upward_fixed.vmf
gamebanana.com/maps/187522
gamebanana.com/maps/45247
gamebanana.com/maps/196212
gamebanana.com/maps/181297
gamebanana.com/maps/191983
gamebanana.com/maps/193885
gamebanana.com/maps/185421
gamebanana.com/maps/184748
gamebanana.com/maps/196145
gamebanana.com/maps/189940
gamebanana.com/maps/189875
gamebanana.com/maps/183637
youtube.com/channel/UCbsApUgPWwcUR8hGfwW6f0A
mega.nz/#!LY1AnJyR!fiAzD9QGzzaJWa6gVY4wgJWqBeX2h9F1GigewFKCtJI
mediafire.com/file/5rcyl677df6l38i/cp_granary.bsp
oneupsecurity.com/research/remote-code-execution-in-source-games
github.com/ValveSoftware/source-sdk-2013
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOS29tOHBHTmpaRTQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here is how to install revemu on windows, i.e. make it no-steam. Technically this needs to be done once by the guy who releases TF2V for the next version, so that the game will be standalone and run out-of-the-box. But anyone can do it. I have shit upload speed.

What you need:

1. Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer from steam. ( Just in case: mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo or mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM

Hash: 3bb2e73-d2d220-698-8376cd-1abbcfa-6781-0ad7f3e )

2. TF2V from OP.

3. Revemu package: mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4

In case the link goes down, here is the original source: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/. Gonna need full package from 27.04.2016. Then an update from 20.01.2017, it's a single dll, goes into game root.

Start by placing tf2vintage folder in Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer, instead of sourcemods. Now Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer can be renamed to anything and placed anywhere, I will be calling it game root.

Optional: fire up the game to make sure everything works by creating hl2.exe shortcut and adding -game tf2vintage. See first pic. You won't need that shortcut after this, you can delete it later.

Extract revemu to game root. Second pic is how it should look like.

Shut down steam and fire TF2V.exe.

That's it, make sure everything works.

You can look through rev.ini. But here are the most important things:

ProcName=hl2.exe -novid -noborder -game tf2vintage -steam -silent /help

Your startup parameters. I added -novid (skips into movies) and -noborder (borderless in windowed more, makes no difference in fullscreen). More details: developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.

PlayerName=Anonymous

Self explanatory.

Everything should work as expected. Only no-steam servers will show up in server browser. They also need to have no-steam in sv_tags, if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully I didn't fuck up. I won't have time to test linux client anywhere soon, so somebody else should do it. Ask here for any advice. Linux revemu: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.

LET'S PLAY MOTHERFUCKERS

remove medic, it's a boring crutch class

SERVER
Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN
247 linux box
IP: 74.91.123.198
Located in New York so ping could be acceptable for yuropoors too
Connectable by both no-steam and steam clients
Fastdl and custom maps

JOIN US YOU FOOLS, WE'RE HAVING fun

*tilts model*
M'Sentry

I think I crashed

you have the sentry fix right?

pretty sure yeah
seems to have been a one off
Also koth_king is missing models

Can I get a non-steam client to try joining memesystem testing? I think I finally got it working, but I can't verify it myself.

fuck I forgot to include the no-steam torrent link in the OP.

Bumping. I may as well play.

yeah rip

I've been doing that, but I found it unfortunate that Mega has been relegated to being irredeemable trash-tier now

it sucks. also please make sure you look at the files descriptions user. Because moddb doesn't like .### files I had to rename the archives and the extensions.

MEAN GUYS GO HOME

lmao

Oh shit guys, we got a professional on our hands.

Alright, I'm setting up the game now. This could really use a streamlined installer.

This tard has been shilling against this mod and for TF2C all over the comments. I was going to recommend just deleting his posts and banning him, but the more spergy shit the TF2C mongs spam the more people are going to sway away from them.

i want to murder all normalfags

"lead dev tried to rally people to report the game"
This never happened. It was just some rando loser in their shitty discord, i'm pretty sure. Lead devs have ignored the whole situation from what I can tell

if we play some TF2V, i'll pretend to be a normalfag so you can shoot me while i capture your control point, babe

Hello TF2CIDF

I'd really, REALLY appreciate it if there was some kind of linux updater, because I need to download an update, fuse it with the low-poly pack and THEN replace the files within game directory, plus the .cfg file needs replacing as well. I'm going to try and run the low-poly pack here on win7 and see how the framerates are, but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Please stop indulging the attention-craving faggots.

great logic

I want a ghastly gibus

leave.

Wait we doxxed somebody?
when?

people have been doxxing alpha here for a long time lol. a few threads ago somebody posted his house

let's play

posting easily findable information that the user himself gave out is not a dox.
If you use the same username on everything and give your address out on skype then it's your fault for not keeping your personal information secure.

I portend that the only reason "classic" mods exist is to take away Pyro's airblast because click2win Soldiers are tired of getting lucky crits shot back in their faces. TF2C and TF2V both are for casuals who can't handle a game with more than one gun.

ok

Man fuck your semitics and word whinery

Alpha brought it upon himself when he turned out to be a massive hypocritical larper. Most of the info is ancient because it's back around the time he was shitting up TF2C with his faggotry.

Remember never tie anything that may lead back to your real world identity to anything online. Always use shells and burners and never reveal who you are to strangers online.

You can just leave if you want, angry newfag.

Fuck off marketer valve shill.

No one cares about team forest 2.

TF2 was casual to begin with, are you retarded?

this used to be common knowlege, I wonder (((why))) everyone's pushing for less privacy online.

Because people are retarded

NO YOU LEAVE YOU HUMAN PANT STAIN

I just want to play the damn game.
Remember: filter out all the detractors and attention whores. Play the game, take funny ass screenshots and have fun.

airblast is in tf2v though.

One of the first things that happens when these mods get made is give Pyro airblast granted he could do with more than just that.

The class also benefits in quite a few ways in these sorts of mods, no mini sentries, no loose cannon, no fire resistant demomen, soldier rockets all go the same speed and most of the items that put out fire are gone.

Cheers to the guy in one of the previous threads who seemed to have been developing enabling loadouts, but offering server-configs to enable or disable stock-only at will. Everybody can be happy with that I think.

anyone wanna play?

No

very

Which is what I was doing and the files are in V2H2 to enable it, but people still want stock while bugs are squashed. I think when the sentry gun is stabilized and there's more than just one dev and one beta tester that a small list of acceptable unlocks could be added. Until then, it's going to be stock. Plus anons can't agree upon a common list of good items.

That also seems to be about the consensus that nobody wants to piddle with loadouts until things are more developed, though nobody being able to agree on a list of items is something that probably won't change. No amtter where you stand on the issue I think there's just going to be items that are verboten to some, could do with some tweaking to others, and should be allowed by yet others. I think what'll end up happening is somebody self-establishes themselves as item-guru and adds a list of items to use as a baseline and goes from there based on player feedback, which isn't actually at all different from mainline TF2 listening to compfags for item balances. Aggravated by that there's really not many people working on this thing that didn't also start it despite the demand for open-source, like you mentioned.

That fucking square.

Wish I could help more than just testing things and the original sentry fix. Been trying to reach out for help on fixing the payload

How about
Shahansha
Those are a goods weapon

Then welcome to TF2G my friend. :^)
Release date: when I get VS to get fucking working.

You know what would be good?
Being able to spray .gif and .png images directly.
That got me thinking though, why aren't we able to do that already? Is there something special to .vtf textures?

christ what manner of toaster are you using?

is this a joke?

spoiler alert
TF2G might have none of those things you might want

No, it's being actually being developed.

I know there are ways to do it, and .vtfs are special in some manner. There use to be a website that would automatically convert .jpgs .pngs and .gifs to .vtfs but it shut down.

This is some sort of fucking parody.

Maybe I can blame the ping or my team.

IMPORTANT
Please type bind mouse1 "voicemenu 1 4" into console.
That is all.

This kind + Chris's Config. I'm still getting 25 frames in outside environments.

You are forgetting +attack.
Also bind to directional keys.

Then make it. TF2V dev user could use help

Also new visual bug found

Daily reminder your dead game is shit.

don't give him any (you)s

By the way, does the full version on ModDB have the hotfix included, or do I have to manually apply the hotfix as well after downloading the two zip files?

hotfix needs to be applied. come V2H2 I'll replace all 3 files and mark them as "OUTDATED"

Genuine was proposed as "TF2V but also weapons", last I checked, but I also haven't paid much attention to it. Power to him if he wants to take the bull by the horns, I suppose.

According to the github, TF2G is supposed to be a pre-beta version of TF2 forked from TF2V. I'm guessing that means stripping out everything down to only 6 maps and replacing the scattergun with the nailgun and skins etc.

Okay user, I'll be on my bunk waking up my latent coder powers.
.gif sprays confirmed for next month or less, hype!

Could be interesting depending on what he actually does with it and if he doesn't fuck with class-balance too badly. Got a link to the github?

mega.nz/#!zVFVFaLA!QVBPU_1zTmdcY3oScZfMrOTikCu68Ivfk8eeYyt48Io

Try this fix, I just very quick and dirty checked it and it works for me.

Gonna test myself. if it does work TF2V dev user make sure to throw this in the next update

l-lewd

doesn't work, intelligence still attached to scout's hand

On my test, the classes had the intel on their backs. I think it's something to do with the model, but I already tried replacing it with the older one. Might try re-exporting the old models on the content update version.

Do it faggot, I want to see this.

goddamnit

if it's based on the model lemme check something then

.>>13061133
If you do it it has to replace all of TF2's aesthetics with 80s with a title like that

gamebanana.com/gamefiles/4192

so am I gonna have to torrent a set of pre-LAW hammer tools for TF2V? I think I found a fix for the payload cart but I need to fix the maps

Nah, modern SDK will work. Just point it to use TF2V instead of Team Fortress 2.

getting errors can hammer also be used to alter gametypes?

Anyone going to come join?

i'll join, one sec, babe

third person, when?

Too busy, gonna take a look at PL and PLR and try to fix those. as well as implement their actual HUDs

Classic menu backgrounds as a default when?
gamebanana.com/guis/28706

If I were you I'd take it, strip out what isn't needed and then slap it back together. It's easy to suggest and harder to pull shit off.

Speaking of I found out how to fix the PL issue. Now to see if I can

3v3, get in here fegs

Try these steps?

Got it working now. Also looking at upward there are flags missing for the cart to roll back on the tracks. I'm gonna compile a clone of the map and test it. if my attempt at a fix works I'll rename them and put them up so the next build can have them packaged.

I actually like that low poly artstyle! How did you do that user? I want to try it out for no good reason.

Devanon, if you're here, how do I compile the source of TF2V? Which version of Visual Studio. How to on Linux?

are you niggers gonna cum in?

Lowest graphics possible.

TF2V IS ACTIVE RIGHT NOW
PLS JOIN

I can answer that, should be VB 2013

developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_SDK_2013

o wait nvm
This says some shit that I need to try. Brb

Good luck user.

I tried to test my fix in hammer, guess it's a no no. gonna compile now

Right so I may have found an issue with the payload maps and fixed it possibly. but I suck at hammer

Not just that.
mediafire.com/file/m5w022h8gttidwb/particles.zip
chrisdown.name/tf2/
mediafire.com/file/a9i0742azo0f4rs/TF2_Oldschool_Pack.zip

If the Holla Forumsintage Fun server owner is around, add these fun maps.
gamebanana.com/maps/196197
koth_conveyor
cp_rumble
gamebanana.com/maps/193339
ctf_turbine_quake

rumble looks like the only map thats not shit so i added that

So if I upload the vmf files can someone who understands hammer compile them?

What's wrong with the other ones? Is it because "muh artstyle" or "muh mememaps"?

both

precisely

Turbine_quake is just turbine with quake textures. nothing to write home about, even that modfied turbine that is set in an outdoors area is better.

Conveyor seems like it'd be fun at first, but then become a chore to play and outright avoided later.

If it takes longer, come back and I'll look into it.

I couldn't have chosen better words.

Why do you hate fun so much? It's not going to be like Alphafaggotblaster's server where we just play mememaps all day.

pls join thanks

ask the other server owner to get some mememaps on his server

It seems believe it or not the valve maps themselves spit out errors.

I got my fix to compile but the skybox was fucked and capping the second point did something thatcaused a weird bug where I suddenly froze, my fp hands went screwy and it then changed or tried to change map before crashing.

I just wanted to have some maps that weren't modeled after Valve maps, it gets boring sometimes if we just play those all the time.

I have over 1000 hours on tF2and haven't gotten bored of upward yet my man.

I get ya, but at least pick one that looks nice.

stop shitposting in this thread and start playing faggots

Its in game right? Or do i have to fiddle with any files? In that case which one?

Nah, follow the guide here

mediafire.com/file/j3lwyu1g53f06yp/pl_upward_fixed.vmf

Right so here's the vmf file. The proper outputs are set for the hills. outside that I'm gonna keep tinkering and learn hammer more. I'd just like to possibly roll out fixes

added

GET THE FUCK IN MEMESYSTEM TESTING
memesystem.party:30001

9 players right now.
Now with nosteam and fastdl.

that's a pretty high tower

How the fuck do you input server IPs?
Actually scratch that. Why isn't the default server searcher not working?

go to favorites and add server

Why should I play this?

Because it's the exact same game as the TF2 you can get on steam except without hats, something cosmetic that has no effect on gameplay whatsoever. Oh and it also so buggy that it can break quite often. Doesn't that sound fun?

No hats or weapons, but yeah lots of shit is broken. I don't remember why it's broken in the first place though, wasn't it because TF2C devs were trying to backport a shit-ton of later content to absolute baseline (c. 2007) TF2 or something like that?

That's what I'd suspect. Things like PL and PLR and the other GMs work, though PL has a hackey work around I think or the HUD just wasn't ported.

Stock weapons are a ncie thing and it's been enjoyable so far. only real issue is sentry/engineer which we're getting closer to fixing

Exactly. They were trying to backport pre-LaW update TF2 to a build around February 2008 while simultaneously converting it to 2013 and adding their own OC on the game. It's why payload is jerry rigged as fuck compared to regular TF2 and there are glitches galore.

The main issue right now has been engineer's shit being various levels of broken. When engi can get fixed the next phase of TF2V can begin which is adjusting for comp.

So, wouldn't it serve purposes better to start with a later TF2 build that isn't built on a bundle of sticks or jerry-rigged to hell like the TF2C source? Or is that unfeasible/impossible?
Good luck with that, comp is impossible to please.

BY THE WAY

I've been working on a metric clusterfuck of bullshit of fixes and content, so I might skip out on a V2H3 and move on to straight V3. I'm hoping that the engineer's shit is finally fixed after my teleporter patch in house with the beta testers so I have one new major content update left to implement.

Do it go straight for V3. once it's ready I'll post the new build on moddb

Suggestions for memesystem:

gamebanana.com/maps/45247
ctf_convoy
gamebanana.com/maps/196212
koth_flood
gamebanana.com/maps/181297
cp_italy
pl_eclipse
gamebanana.com/maps/191983
ctf_powerhouse
gamebanana.com/maps/193885
cp_orange_natural
gamebanana.com/maps/185421
cp_ravenholm
cp_rumble
gamebanana.com/maps/184748
cp_verde
gamebanana.com/maps/196145
pl_badsawter
gamebanana.com/maps/189940
pl_fifthcurve
gamebanana.com/maps/189875
koth_scramble
gamebanana.com/maps/183637
arena_powercore

Second ctf_convoy, rumble and powercore

How big will that update be?

I'm starting to think the PL thing isn't just pased on the map it might be a lack of coding. But that doesn't make sense because nightfall's last section had the hills actually working. I need to look into this more

I got TF2G compiling. Expect fun at least tomorrow.

So g has weapons right?

what'd you add

Not really. What I'm planning is to do beta content.

Nothing right now.

Changelog?

Well, not even so much beta content. It would be nice to add in weapons. I'm either going beta content, or non-stock weapons, but edited to be more fitting. I have to brainstorm a bit on what I should do.

Also reposting cause I can.

we sure did

How high is your FoV holy shit.

For Genuine I gotta ask are you going to at least try and keep unlocks within the character's design philosophies or what?

110 viewmodel fov

where you nerds at

GET IN, FAGGOTS

'k

that's not a good way to get people on board

never thought I'd see the day when cancer was distilled into its essence

m8

I'm here.

which serb are you in?

Daily reminder your dead game is shit.

u wot

Maybe it's a server issue because I'm getting 0 people listed aswell

I think it is, we have 5 in vintage fun but it still returns 0

try adding servers to your favorites

I'm giving up on trying to play with 300ping
you burgers have fun.

Apparently there's a problem with the server list.
probly

So what's the current state of the game? Is it all working fine?
Also on the topic of extra stuff, just add the achievement unlocks and call it a day

By the way, Bachingo, your name inspired me.

I'm playing on revemu and the server list seems to work.
Is valve trying to cuck us again

delet this

no it's just flaky as shit

Hahaha probably not.
1.The only tolerable Demoman unlock is the scottish resistance, the other two are demoknight weapons
2.Engineer's mini-sentry seems off limits to some players. Wrangler is also REALLY questionable.
3.Sandwich is a straight upgrade to the shotgun considering how many times the heavy actually needs to use it.
I would go on but I think that's enough for today.

Also another thing of note is that the Soldier shotgun taunt is borked, no special animation plays at all

old news. It's stuck between trying to do the shotgun salute and the juggle it originally did. it needs to be fixed

still bashing my head against the wall with hammer

new problem confirmed.
Steam users cannot see the playercount for the server.

works on my machine
do you mean just ingame?

Could you get customized weapons on the server side?

Instead of having all the weapons included in the game itself, you could have the server give them out individually for download.

What gives? Also there's no .so files in my bin.

Ok I copied the .so files to my bin. I got some assertions, I ignored them and it took a shit when I dismissed them completely.

imbortant xx–DD
TF2G is now deprecated and deleted because lack of caring and community divide.
You can go back to TF2V now not like TF2G worked worth a shit

So RIP TF2G

it mite've been cool

Well you tried user.

Actually since TF2V dev has stated loadouts once shit gets finished why not fork it then? dedicate Genuine to actually making it TF2V with a small selection of weapons that fit each class. Hell even add hats back that fit the each class' style

To be fair I didn't know what I was going to do with it. I had a mish-mash of ideas.

With myself already working on another game I would rather go focus on something else. It was recommended to me that I should stop TF2G as it would fracture the TF2V userbase Also Source sucks ass.

yeah Source is an eh engine. personally I like Halo's engine which is named -BLAM-

Only issue with -BLAM- is that to include new armor parts and what not you'd have to rebuild EVERY map out there to include them do to how the engine caches maps and assets

When's Austrailium Collector's Hale's Own Professional Killstreak Botkiller Team Fortress 2 MK.II

We're doin' it.
Get on Holla Forumsintage fun.

Hey, it looks like the top of the level 3 sentry's texture is fucked at the top.

Just one after the other huh?

issue with the sentry fix, the textures need to be remapped which is simple if you've got 5 seconds of time in blender to rotate a bitmap

This would be fun for a spell.

Looks like it's in a private beta.

I'm not even a big fan of Deathrun maps but this looks fun as fuck.

Holy shit there's a gameplay video that shows that buzz lightyear dick straw mug as a weapon
youtube.com/channel/UCbsApUgPWwcUR8hGfwW6f0A

That's amazing.

Hey that looks familiar!

We got to play this right fucking now.

Wow they just keep on coming!
V3 approx. when?

mega.nz/#!LY1AnJyR!fiAzD9QGzzaJWa6gVY4wgJWqBeX2h9F1GigewFKCtJI

Try this one, if it works I'll throw it in V3.

will test later.

The major issue seems to be when engineers smack the sentry gun as it takes a rocket

It's happening

Fuck

goddamn BLU is filled with dogshit

No i learned my mistake playing with you fags the first time although i miss u fitzappa. It's only a matter of time until it devolves into no fun allowed and micspam and unmutable shouts.

Nah it's not like that. even then you can just mute the micspam. shit has been comfy and without alphablaster it's actually a good time all around. now just to spread word so there's more than 2 servers listed

Funny considering there's tons of micspam rn.

That mapmakes previous deathrun is not as well themed but just as good in quality.
Forget what it was fucking called, dr_hazard or something?

dr_playstation

fix your fucking texture you faggot

that wasn't it it was set on a construction site.

dr_safetyfirst?

Join goyim, we have a full server here

WE'RE DOING DUSTBOWL
BE ADVISED, DEATH IS IMMINANT

that's the one

that's it
add that one

Same here.

READY? YOU READY? GO XARKUS GO!

Fuck this game.

Come join guys we have a full server tonight

I just can't get over the tryhards on VOIP. Some look like they're from Alpha's too.

Only people who were talking were me and Grant.

incidentally the point of any mode is for your team to win, don't see how relaying information to teammates being tryhard

like omg get a life NERD

MSM and grant are major TF2C fags. They might as well be alpha.

Great accusation there, got any facts to back up that statement?

The fact that you sound 16 says it all tbh.

Could be worse, could be quakerman\

yeah, that faggot is so good, it annoys me
what did he mean by this?

What version of granary is the server using?

whats wrong? shouldn't it be any issues.

so good at being bad and having shit ideas

i copied over the map file from the tf2 folder

Lemme upload the one I've got. hang tight

Can someone give me a quick rundown on what he meant by this?

mediafire.com/file/5rcyl677df6l38i/cp_granary.bsp

Just because I've played tf2c doesn't make me a tf2c fag, i enjoy vintage way more than classic

Ignore quaker. he behaves like a screeching redditor and a lot of his humor is borderline "trying too hard to fit in"

In any case if anyone has issues with stock maps I can upload the maps folder to mega

This game runs as badly as I remember.

Also, server host should put on idle to spectator kick, reduce the team balancing limit to 1 and have a vote for autoscrambling teams.

t. MSM
Men in glass houses should not throw stones.

Idle kick does exist but it's way too lenient

relax m8, just friendly banter :^)

Why are there so many people in the server right now? Its 1am, go to sleep!

Is this the cry of someone who has no more rebuttals? So it's not just being bad at the game but bad at "banter" too?

FUCKING STALINGARD

How buttblasted are you, lad?

I have sorted through a metric cluster fuck of items for TF2, and I'm beginning to hone in on a list for TF2V. I'll make that announcement eithet later in the day or tomorrow.

Don't.

no nononono

I'm fine with items, just give us purity cvars so we can disable them on servers. tbhfam it would be fun to try out other weapons on TF2V.

i dun geddit

tbh we really don't know what we want for TF2V. The idea was pre-mannconomy I think.

tbh we really don't know what we want for TF2V. The idea was pre-mannconomy I think.

h'what?

Keep it Stock only, except label every stock item as Vintage for the gimmick

It would be nice to have the weapons that are just reskin of stock weapons (Original, Iron Curtain,etc.) but I'm sure that would cause people to sperg out and make more copies of the same project.

Why have hardcoded reskins though? It would be better to have actual weapons tbh.

Aren't you satisfied with the game as it is?

Maybe not. TF2 in general gets boring real fast. A new flux of maps and gamemodes might be fun. Unique weapons like huntsman, flare gun, and sandvich definitely mix it up.

So does this mean it completely rolls back TF2 to even before actually good improvements were made like giving the pyro an airblast?

airblast and building carry are in as they offer QoL

Again, most of us don't even know what we want tbh.

In any case i will keep Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN stock and wont update it if tf2v updates get retarded t. admin phoneposting

I thought the idea was to be mostly vanilla and just cherry-pick the few good changes from more recent updates? Each class having at most 2 alternate options for each slot (preferably only 1, sometimes none if e.g. you're looking at the engineer) would work as long as you keep to items that don't blur class lines.

Also, of course, an option to run without any of them added for purist fags.

So for example the Scout would be allowed only the following:
Primary: Scattergun (stock), Force-A-Nature
Secondary: ' Pistol (stock), Bonk!, maybe Mad Milk
Melee: Bat (stock), Sandman and/or Wrap Assassin

The logic there is to allow only a limited selection of items that both keep the class to its assigned role and come with legitimate trade-offs. Bonk! certainly fulfils that (pistol is a useful tool and all), Mad Milk might arguably push in a bit too much on Medic and Pyro territory.
You'd also have to decide which version of an item you want, the Sandman would have to be after the original nerf years ago (stun only at proper range rather than any distance) or it'd be broken. Personally I'd lean more towards including the Wrap Assassin only anyway since it's an easier thing to balance.

I also think it's the best solution in the end. Even though you will never be able to please everyone.
Just don't add demonknight stuff and it's all good

Yes, the only thing that was ever good for was Medieval mode and that was abandoned by Valve so quickly it never fucking went anywhere. I'd personally also be ok with leaving the frying pan as an option for the entertainment value (maybe lock it only to a few classes) but that's down to personal taste.

Never give scout mad milk. Pyro fucking sucks as is. Also the melee for scout should be the atomizer or boston basher, if we're adding an alternative. The Sandman is broken as fuck and the wrap assassin is both stupid and useless.

I'll have a shot at throwing up a list, one sec. I think Mad Milk and Jarate should probably both go.
It has niche utility in some CTF maps for forcing snipers to fuck off, at least it did last time I played though granted that was a few years back. Part of TF2's issue is how broken new weapons are on certain gametypes (Direct Hit on 2Fort is amazingly powerful).

Bearing in mind I haven't played in a bit and that you'd have to choose which 'version' of these items to include since they vary so heavily by patch:

Scout:
Secondary: Pistol (stock), Bonk!
Melee: Bat (stock), Wrap Assassin, maybe Boston Basher

Sniper:
Primary: Rifle (stock), Huntsman
Secondary: SMG (stock)
Melee: Kukri (stock)

Soldier:
Primary: Rocket Launcher (stock)
Secondary: Shotgun (stock)
Melee: Shovel (stock)

Medic:
Primary: Syringe Gun (stock), maybe Crusader's Crossbow (nerf form)
Secondary: Medi Gun (stock), maybe Kritzkrieg (I'd be against it though)
Melee: Bonesaw (stock)

Pyro:
Primary: Flamethrower (stock), maybe backburner (pick a good patch's version)
Secondary: Shotgun (stock), Flare Gun
Melee: Axe (stock), maybe one other melee weapon if fags want (axetinguisher won't be OP w/o degreaser for example)

Engineer:
Primary: Shotgun (stock)
Secondary: Pistol (stock)
Melee: Wrench (stock), The Jag (current patch version with faster build when hit but slower repair rate)

Heavy (I'd probably include that new change that means spin-up counts as firing for the damage penalty reduction):
Primary: Minigun (stock), Tomislav (pick a good patch's version)
Secondary: Shotgun (stock), maybe Sandvich (make sure it's the version where he can't drop it and pick it up as a medkit
himself)
Melee: Fists (stock), maybe GRU in current form

Spy:
Primary: Revolver (stock)
Secondary: Sapper (stock)
Melee: Knife (stock)
PDA: Disguise Kit (stock)
PDA 2: Invis Watch (stock), if there's a non-shit patch's version of Dead Ringer perhaps that but it's never worked well
in my opinion

Demoman:
Primary: Grenade Launcher (stock)
Secondary: Stickybomb Launcher (stock), Scottish Resistance
Melee: Bottle (stock), I'd say Ullapool Caber but that's only because it's hilarious (it's really a bit broken)

Anything with 'maybe' is something I think would have to be playtested and I've gone with the idea that it isn't worth giving a class items if there aren't any good candidates.

Commentary:
Most classes should only have one melee option unless you want to let them use the frying pan which is just a reskin anyway. Otherwise you just get weapons that are overpowered in certain niches.
Keep him movement based with some options to harass enemies if needed.
Primaries are impossible to satisfyingly balance. Secondaries really just nerf other classes by the backdoor or encourage camping/sniper v sniper minigaming instead of teamplay.
Stock is fine.
Stock is pretty much fine, if you want include a different primary and medigun but I don't think they're particularly necessary.
Flare Gun is a legitimate trade-off since you can't use it underwater and it is more harassment/finishing than an all-purpose tool. Backburner in a nerfed form seems to work but TF2 has poor detection for what is a 'back' anyway so maybe avoid it. No idea if any of the melee weapons would work, would need playtesting (if in doubt go stock).
Stock with the Jag as an option to set up faster at the cost of having a harder time repairing (i.e. making a permanent point) is fine.
Honestly you could just as happily have kept him stock.
Stock, Dead Ringer if it can be balanced but I think it's inherently too big of a change to playstyle to work. The Ambassador isn't needed if the Razorback isn't available.
Scottish Resistance lets you be more defensive at the cost of being able to use the stickybomb launcher aggressively. Honestly if Valve weren't such pussies they'd have nerfed the stickybomb launcher into a primarily defensive tool anyway but last time they tried people bitched.
Don't allow hats.

Still not sure the wrap assassin is a good choice here.
give him the original as a sidegrade.
Unless the crossbow is being heavily nerfed the syringe gun is going to have a hard time competing.
I like the flare gun. My only concern is the long-range sniper harassment, but the classic flare requires pinpoint aim so it's probably ok. I would stick with axe only for melee however.
Stock is good here. I'm torn about the jag considering it's fast speed. It should be a lot weaker without the rescue ranger however.
keep him stock. The sandvich is a trademark but there's practically no reason to use the shotgun with it around. Same logic applies to the soldier's gunboats.
Stock is probably for the best here as well. Dead ringer has no place in TF2V.
I would look into the Iron Bomber. It's one of the few weapons in the game I'd consider a legitimate sidegrade to stock.

I wanna say yes on this becuase honestly I didnt like Engie until he got faster building more disposable buildings with the jag

I'd rather use Sandman or Atomizer on melee slot
Add Jarate and Bushwacka/Shahahahahahhshshdh
Add the achievement unlocks
Add the other achievement unlocks (blutsauger to replace the crossbow)
I agree
My nigga
I'd rather have Natascha than the Tomislav, I agree on the no drop sandvich
Add Ambassador
Meh for Ullapol Caber, bottle only imo

Interesting

I mean if it really is underpowered it's not going to cause any issues to include it but I've found it has its uses. I'd prefer playtesting with it.
Isn't that just stock with a different position on the screen? I was trying to avoid any weapons that didn't really match up with original art-style also see.
It was nerfed just a few weeks back but it could be left out. I'm more concerned with the Kritzkrieg since I've found that to be a bit overpowered with a good pocket medic in certain maps.
Sounds good to me.
I'd like to have the Tomislav as an option but then that's a little bit of personal bias. On most maps the default minigun is still better than it.
Agreed.
How does it play on maps like 2Fort with lots of enclosed spaces? That's where certain changes to explosive weapons can really unbalance things.

Here's how the jag looks now, seems balanced to me:
Construction hit speed boost increased by 30%
+15% faster firing speed
20% slower repair rate
-25% damage penalty
-33% damage penalty vs buildings

Sandman would be ok also (I still think Wrap Assassin hits a better balance but I can see I'm in the minority), Atomizer is too much of a change both to predictability in combat and ability to move through the map in my opinion (might depend on which patch's version you use but you want the opponent to be able to know the Scout's exact abilities).
Jarate is just a direct nerf to spys and pyros, Bushwacka is useless without Jarate. Shahashahahahahahaha is almost a direct upgrade because 90% of the time you're pulling out a melee weapon as a sniper you're on low HP anyway. Also adds to unpredictability: in an ideal version of TF2 you know what a faggot is capable of just by looking at them rather than them suddenly pulling out a weapon with extra damage or whatever.
Direct Hit is broken as fuck in any map with lots of enclosed spaces (read: any CTF map), a massive upgrade if the soldier can aim and just wants to fight up close. Buff Banner and the like are bad ideas by hurting predictability and encouraging very specific playstyles the soldier shouldn't be doing in the first place (picking up damage and staying alive to fill up his meter instead of pushing objectives/the flag in CTF0. Equalizer again comes out almost as an upgrade by buffing low-health players (often you'll be using melee then anyway) and encourages you not to rely on medics (bad for teamwork).
Blutsauger and Ubersaw are unnecessary complications to the game, ubersaw arguably a bit OP in some instances too. Medic should anyway be spending most of his time healing. Classes shouldn't get items for the sake of getting items.
Natascha is harder to balance effectively, normally it'll hurt the classes with lower HP/classes more reliant on movement more. Willing to see it playtested though.
No, it's unnecessary if you remove the razorback and encourages faggots to play at range. Use the knife.
I agree, I just mentioned it because it was funny but it's too valuable as a weapon when you know you'll die anyway.

Note: the -33% against buildings penalty means it takes the Jag three hits to take off a sapper instead of two. Basically you can build faster but you'll repair slower and have a mildly tougher time dealing with spies due to lower damage and inferior sapper-removal.

Not that I'd be that opposed to adding the Blutsauger I just don't see what real variety it adds. Ubersaw is too much of a change by giving a new method to build ubercharge and indeed one that encourages you not to play in the classes' normal role.

As for the no-drop sandvich I'd be fine with it still being droppable it just needs the nerf where anyone (other team included) other than the dropping heavy can pick it up (it can be given to a pocket medic then). Failing that remove it entirely or make it eat-only.

The rocket's trajectory is literally changed to come from the center. If it's too far from the original art style it's not necessary though. If art style is a large concern with the original however, I have to wonder where the wrap assassin fits in.
If you're worried about CQC the Iron Bomber shouldn't be too much of an issue. It just stops pills from rolling once they hit the ground. In close quarters the roll really doesn't mean much regardless.

Was not aware of that, maybe a good option then.
Because I'm really biased but fair point, snip it for the Sandman then or indeed remove both.
Oh, then it seems like a good call. If other anons have opinions speak up.

Here's v2:

Scout:
Secondary: Pistol (stock), Bonk!
Melee: Bat (stock), maybe Sandman, maybe Boston Basher

Sniper:
Primary: Rifle (stock), Huntsman
Secondary: SMG (stock)
Melee: Kukri (stock)

Soldier:
Primary: Rocket Launcher (stock), maybe Original if it isn't too far out of artstyle
Secondary: Shotgun (stock)
Melee: Shovel (stock)

Medic:
Primary: Syringe Gun (stock)
Secondary: Medi Gun (stock)
Melee: Bonesaw (stock)

Pyro:
Primary: Flamethrower (stock), maybe Backburner (pick a good patch's version)
Secondary: Shotgun (stock), Flare Gun
Melee: Axe (stock)

Engineer:
Primary: Shotgun (stock)
Secondary: Pistol (stock)
Melee: Wrench (stock), The Jag (current patch version with faster build when hit but slower repair rate)

Heavy (I'd probably include that new change that means spin-up counts as firing for the damage penalty reduction):
Primary: Minigun (stock), Tomislav (pick a good patch's version)
Secondary: Shotgun (stock), maybe Sandvich (make sure it's the version where he can't drop it and pick it up as a medkit
himself)
Melee: Fists (stock)

Spy:
Primary: Revolver (stock)
Secondary: Sapper (stock)
Melee: Knife (stock)
PDA: Disguise Kit (stock)
PDA 2: Invis Watch (stock)

Demoman:
Primary: Grenade Launcher (stock), Iron Bomber
Secondary: Stickybomb Launcher (stock), Scottish Resistance
Melee: Bottle (stock)

Anything with 'maybe' needs playtested.

Do feel free to disagree, suggest, add more weapons etc. I'll explain my logic in each case so speak up and I'll try and lay out why I think each thing.

Tomislav should be a 'maybe' also, my bad.

I didn't clarify why the sandman is a bad idea earlier. Even post-nerf, the sandman's range restrictions are insanely easy to bypass. The sandman's main problem stems from the enemy being unable to react effectively to it and being punished immensely regardless. Unless you're a faster class like scout, dodging a sandman ball is nigh impossible, and being stunned for sometimes several seconds is completely retarded I used to main sandman t. bachingo

I will only be fine with sandman if we nerf bachingo

We could cut the sandman then, it also lets us set a hard limit of '2 weapons per slot per class' so win-win. I too used to play Scout excessively so I'm highly biased in favour of giving him shit, I've tried to limit that though. The happiest day was when they added the Shortstop until it got nerfed for being brokenly overpowered. Was seriously tempted to sneak that in as a suggestion.

scout's already strong as fuck man. next thing you tell me you're gonna want the flying guillotine added

oneupsecurity.com/research/remote-code-execution-in-source-games

hahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahha

Oh, out of interest OP is the stickybomb launcher the post-mini-nerf version? If not it probably should be:
It literally just makes using stickybombs as an offensive weapon a little less viable. It was December 2014 if that's any use.

Also 24/7 Hightower as the only map, then the game is perfect. Really though I think Scout with F-A-N, Bonk! and Boston Basher is a fair compromise. Sandman-Gulliotine pre-nerf was fucking silly.

The page says it was patched in June, the multiplayer 2013 sdk was probably included in thatI would hope

Might just be one of the butthurt TF2c faggots showing up again.

Is this April Fools? What happened to just making it Vanilla TF2 Stock+Airblast+EngiePlacement and then top it all off with stability updates.

I am so butthurt I made a post.

Nah mang, you have your safe space and they have theirs. No reason to get mad at each other ;^3

OP only suggested it and said he's include an easy option to run stock serbs/filter for stock serbs. I think he's asleep though so you'll have to wait for him to come back for confirmation.

Was just saying it as a possibility user, I mean they wrote to fucking Valve about it apparently.

I would tread carefully until there is some confirmation that valve updated the sdk as well as the mentioned games. I see no reason why they wouldn't, but it's on the dev to make sure it has in fact been patched.

Dev has said several times there will be easy settings to keep it vanilla and one user running a serb has confirmed he will keep it that way.

dont be afraid

Is it this one? github.com/ValveSoftware/source-sdk-2013

Or is there another SDK that was taken?

Sorry to say but I believe fiction stories more than I would ever trust what someone says on a imageboard.

True enough, hopefully he'll come back and give us some info in a bit.

If not I'll throw one up and ask some kindly faggots I know to do so also. Personally I think the game benefits from a few items and that 'stock' is a bit of a myth considering how long huge issues took to patch but to each their own.

Fair enough, you can go confirm for yourself things like them getting the TF2wiki page removed though.

There where patch notes in june for the major source games that mentioned an exploit found by oneupsecurity so it does exist.

Nice thumbnail faggot

his profile picture is cropped furry porn
he actually owns night in the woods

Ok, so here's my views on this:

I really think a line should be drawn at using loadouts, mainly because it helps gameplay immensely if you know precisely what every enemy you see can do, but also because it prevents us from going down a slippery slope whereby we end up implementing a load of bullshit into the game.

However that doesn't mean that we should just blindly go "stock is best" and leave it at that. If there was any weapons that we can agree helped the game it can be incorporated into the classes kit. There's really no need to implement alternative weapons for features that can easily be a core part of the class.

Here is my thought for the classes:

Personally I don't really don't care for any of the stuff this class was given over the years. I see some people vouch for the FaN, but I would rather the scout's mobility be just his double jump. People can feel free to put forward their arguments why the FaN was a good addition to the game though. As far as the wrap assassin goes, you could just implement a version of the sandman though just does damage instead of any sort of stun replacing his stock bat, but I really don't think that's necessary either though.

The only thing the soldier has received that I really like was the rocket-jump melee bonus given by the Market Gardener (reduce the damage though, a full crit is too much) and again, that doesn't need to be an extra weapon, just incorporate the feature into his regular shovel.

I've seen people argue that the Flaregun should replace his shotgun and I agree. The thing can easily be designed to fire underwater if that's a concern (makes no sense balancing classes around something so situation that most maps don't even have) and it makes far more sense as his secondary that his shotgun does. Would also like to see the axetinguisher's burning crit feature added to the stock fire axe. As far as switch times goes, I'd say have it so flaregun has a faster switch time but keep the axe at the default one.

Same as Soldier really, it could be cool if his bottle had a damage boost for when doing sticky jumping similar to the soldier's shovel.

I'm not really a fan of the GRU, but if people really feel the Heavy takes too long to get to the front line then maybe just a small buff to his shotgun/fists speed might be better (helps to make fighting with the shotgun more viable). I would like to see the original sandvich be part of his kit. But I think it's a really bad idea for any of the classes to lose their secondary weapon. I think it could work to have the sandvich by a right-click functionally of the shotgun. Just right-click with the shotgun out to take a few bites from the sandvich. No need for the sandvich drop mechanic, seems most of us agree that was a bad idea.

I see some talk about the Jag, maybe we could just make it the stats of the default wrench? I honestly think the Engineer works far better as a class when he is encouraged to play aggressively than defensively so I would welcome this. Having said that the mini sentries are the one thing I really don't want to see added to this mod. I also kind of like the rescue ranger and wouldn't mind seeing engie's pistol replaced with a sort of handgun that can repair buildings and grab them at a metal cost from a distance. His stock shotgun should remain his primary for fighting though. Also while I don't think the wrangler should be added to the game, I do think it could be cool if sentry-rocket jumping could be added. The way I see this working is have it so double right-clicking with a level 3 sentry built causes the sentry to fire it's rockets where you're aiming, no need for any of the other crap the wrangler introduces.

I occasionally see people say that the Kritzkrieg should be added, I feel that it defeats the main purpose of ubers in the game which is to provide a fail-safe for when the enemy team starts turtling with sentries, very annoying when you're dealing with a sentry nest and discover your team's medic is running a Kritzkrieg. And I don't really see what the weapon provides that justifies this. Generally I'm inclined to say that the medic doesn't need anything added to his kit.

I really liked the piercing shots that was introduced by the Machina and don't see any reason why it couldn't be a trait of his regular Sniper Rifle. No need to stop him from being able to fire unscoped, just make it so that the shot piercing only happens when you fire when scoped. Otherwise just keep him at stock.

I'm inclined to say keep him at stock. However I do think that being able to do headshots helps him immensely as a class. The problem is when it turns him into a mobile sniper instead of someone who is given an alternative way of stealthily killing someone. I kind of like how the ambassador originally worked, whereby you had to stand still to deliver the headshots.

Problem with replacing the Pyro's shotgun outright is pyro v pyro fights will be fucking horrible.

I think ideally the only weapons that should be added are ones that
1. Aren't just straight stat up/ stat down weapons like the direct hit
2. Aren't superior to their stock counterparts, like the sandvich or most melee weapons
The ones I can recall off the top of my head are

Bonk, maybe Sandman

Gunboats, Buff Banner

Flaregun, Backburner (debatable)

Scottish Resistance, demoknight weapons arguably meet the criteria but I imagine most people wouldn't want them regardless.

Nothing

Wrangler (only with nerfs to the shield), Gunslinger (Very debatable, minis are fucking gay)

Kritzkrieg, Crossbow (debatable)

Huntsman (I personally don't have a problem with it, but I understand why some people hate it)

Dead Ringer (only with appropriate nerfs), YER, and maybe the Cloak and Dagger

What if we somehow make the pyros shotgun apply afterburn

What, almost like a mix between a Flare Gun and Reserve Shooter?
I shouldn't even be discussing this…

Why

see now we're stepping into the relm of doing our own thing and outright making our own version of the game. Which is fine but probably not the goal of TF2V.

So basically TF2C

Im just throwing shit at the wall to try and find a comprimise between adding new weapons and keeping it 2007, Satan.

Missing the point of adding loadouts which is to add some variety to classes rather then outright attempting to balance the classes which is what that whole bunch of shit at the wall is kinda leaning towards.

No the wiki page was taken down for "lack of mod notability"

basically If I can get archived versions of the threads here talking about vintage as well as youtube videos and that one steam thread they have no real choice BUT to reinstate the wiki page

Also as for weapons I'd rather keep things in line with the design of the character. Wrap assassin doesn't mesh well with a character whose built around baseball. Sandman however does.

As for the rest the classes with stock are fine. What happens with weapons is that loss of dependency of your teammates. your teammates just become "there".

DO NOT GIVE THEM THE ARCHIVES, YOU DIM MOTHERFUCKER!
It's a TF2 mod. Not a Holla Forums mod, not an Holla Forums mod, not a redchanit mod, just tf2. I still get looks from people when I mention I browse Holla Forums and not 9gag or facebook.

Wait a minute why are you telling people you browse Holla Forums?

what else is he gonna say when people ask "Where do u get UR MEMES??"

A couple of them found 4chan screencaps on 9gag and reddit and thought they were the funniest shit, so they're ok with me retelling some things from 8ch. And why shouldn't I try to raise their browsing standards? Most of the shit they keep re-memeing is from a facebook group called ladbible and 9gag. You bet your ass I'm going to desensitize them to raunchier shit, I want some chunky humor in my conversation, not this normalfag crap.

One of the things I was working on a few nights ago was exactly that, cvars to add different eras of TF2. Want to quickly remove airblast, hauling and weapons in one line? Feel free to.

No demoknight shit is on the list. Even then most characters get maybe one alt weapon.

On one hand your right, on the other hand it's needed to "prove" popularity of the mod.

fuck it then

Its got like 2 servers. It isnt noteworthy because ts barely even a mod as it is, since its essentially just an earlier build of TF2C with the titled changed. Its not exactly rocket science why they arent letting you put up a wiki page yet. Maybe sometime down the line after its had time to develop into its own thing, but its not even close to that yet.

Nope, it's an early TF2 :^)
TF2C is a numale version of TF2 and filled with Sonic OC tier shit

Did you think that menu screen was in 2007 TF2? Or how about all the bugs with signs and spys showing up as green and yellow? Its becuase its literally just a build of TF2C before they added deathmatch with the title changed and the sentry bug fixed

Actually if anything it's just nuTF2's menu with the loadouts stripped out and some options moved around. Not very original :^)

Actually, here's the list I made up last night. Keep in mind it's still a WIP.

Scout
Primary: Force-A-Nature
Melee: Boston Basher

Soldier
Primary: Black Box
Secondary: Gunboats
Melee: Escape Plan, Pain Train

Pyro
Primary: Degreaser, Backburner
Secondary: Flare Gun
Melee: Axtinguisher, Back Scratcher

Demoman
Primary: Loose Cannon, Gunboats
Melee: Pain Train

Engineer
Melee: Jag

Medic
Primary: Blutsauger, Overdose, Crusader's Crossbow
Secondary: Kritzkrieg
Melee: Amputator

Sniper
Primary: Classic

Spy
Primary: L'Etranger
Melee: Conniver's Kunai, Big Earner

No, jsut no

Fair
Fair
I don't understand the degreaser and back scratcher
Remove Loose Cannon
Fair
Just Keep the Blutsauger/Crossbow, not too fond of amputator
I'd rather have Jarate but heh
You really like to cloak, isn't it
I'd add the dead ringer too if possibly nerfed

I don't think that giving the soldier the Escape Plan is balanced. No one is going to use the Shovel. But I may be thinking this wrong tho.

Scout is fine but Bonk! is kinda needed for certain maps/gametypes to avoid stalemates in my opinion.
Black Box is a bad idea, healing should primarily come from medics.
Degreaser + Axtinguisher is a bad idea since you've got to nerf one or the other to prevent an overpowered combination and then they're useless outside of that specific combo. Also Backscratcher makes the Pyro less reliant on medics in favour of health kits and that's never good.
Amputator is annoying for certain classes since it just lets the medic escape and heal super-fast, not a huge issue though. Also make sure to use a nerfed version of the crossbow.
I'd just keep to basic sniper and huntsman or stock only, I suppose Classic isn't too overpowered.

Otherwise it looks fine, I tried to keep my list as close to stock as possible instead but this works too.

Also this: Escape Plan is overpowered in some gamemodes and next to worthless in others.

It does seem like everyone is in agreement that the Jag is a good choice for engineer though.

Meant to be used on weapon combos on the cost of having a not so great primary for direct attack. Use the flamethrower instead if you want to W+M1 everything.

Changes the gameplay slightly of Pyro to be a little more aggressive due to the higher pickups. It means that Pyro has to attack on offense more like a Scout than rely on going back to heal up.

The alternate choices were the Iron Bomber and the Loch-N-Load for it. It's a lot more controllable detonation than those two at the cost of being a trickier weapon to use.

The Overdose and the Amputator are intended for medic survivability and mobility.

Most of his weapons fuck up balancing and his secondaries are pretty much class counters in some way. The Classic is a decent replacement for primary just like the Loose Cannon for Demo, being something that adds a new flavor to the same gameplay.

Spy is all about hit and run tactics, so by giving him equipment that helps to get him in and out at the cost of health it makes it much more risk/reward.

It's an ubercharge in a can, with the only downside being no attacking during it. It's a cheap distraction.

Which is the reason it's in there. Both the Black Box and Back Scratcher are intended for use when you have a shit tier medic around or no medic at all and need to push up, forcing a much more aggressive playstyle than normal.

Which is why it's in there. It's a super powerful combo in the right hands but it also requires skill to get up, set someone on fire and then smack them before they turn around and kill you or run away.

Which lets the medic get away from shit situations instead of fucked over along with the Overdose. It makes medic a much more mobile class, but also requires him supporting his team and less as an offensive character.

The Classic is the only Sniper weapon that isn't a class counter or a direct upgrade. It's another weapon that is like the stock weapon, but has a slightly different handling.

It's another weapon meant for aggressive pushing just like the others.

Degreaser + Airblast + Axtinguisher is pretty OP unless you nerf one of the two and then both are pointless. Bad idea.
Dilutes the role of the medic, therefore bad.
Any weapon that makes it easier to do quick explosive damage is a nerf to other classes in tighter maps (again, any good CTF map). Loch-N-Load is a worse contender for that for sure but it's still a very real issue.
Neither of which are roles the medic was intended for.
I'd agree that the Sniper's secondary and melee replacements are shit but the Huntsman (perhaps with a small nerf) is a better weapon to mix up playstyles with. Also it's more fun and that is rather the point of the game at the end of the day.
I've not got much to comment on here but I think he still works better stock so other players have a rough idea of his capabilities. Anything that massively changes cloak time/backstab effect is a poor idea for predictability.

Losing the pistol is a huge downside, ask any halfway-decent scout player for confirmation of that. It's also much more than a cheap distraction in certain maps.
A team without a good medic should lose to a team with a good medic, that's a sign of effective class balance.
It takes a minimal amount of skill to simply airblast the fucker before hitting him with the extinguisher and that's something to which there are few good counters.
Why should the medic be able to escape from poor situations? If the player and/or the team has fucked up then they've fucked up.
Honestly I'd rather there were no extra snipers added, I'd only shill for the huntsman as it's a complete change granted one that needs some tweaking to be less spammable, maybe something like a further reduction in ammo count.
It's a crutch and again a harm to predictability. Also it pushes in on the Scout's role (as a class he gets 2x cap rate by default).

Any items added need to:
A. Not be direct upgrades.
B. Not harm predictability (the ability of a player to know roughly what a player can do simply by dint of knowing what class he is).
C. Not blur class lines/dilute the role of other classes.
Crutch weapons inherently violate C and often B also despite not being strict upgrades.

I mixed up the Escape Plan and the Pain Train, my bad (in my defence they did literally used to be the same weapon).
I'll point out the Escape Plan still hurts the role of the medic and violates the principle of predictability by giving the class a speed boost.

Apparently it was the Escape Plan and the Equalizer, too many fucking weapons. Anyway I stand by what I said, any item that violates A, B or C should go.

That's only because stock pyro is so awful to begin with.
That being said I don't think either should be added because there's no real reason to ever use stock over them, assuming this is pre nerf axtinguisher.

Please don't add the fucking Blackbox, this mod is going to turn into a shitshow isn't it?

This is what I don't understand. Some people like vanilla, others don't, but I can't get a solid list of what is good and what isn't.

Again, it's a preliminary list. Anons are free to add or remove items on the list with good reason.

Even if I think they're fine, degreaser and axtinguisher tend to cause a lot of arguments. I think for now the only weapons that should be added are ones that the vast majority would agree with.
I don't think many people would be against something like the flare gun or kritzkrieg being included, barring those who just want pure stock, but most weapons are very debatable in whether they bring anything worthwhile to the game or not.

Here's a cut down list of items, removing any uncertain ones/ones that change the class too much.

Scout
Primary: Force-A-Nature

Soldier
Primary: Direct Hit
Secondary: Gunboats

Pyro
Secondary: Flare Gun

Demoman
Primary: Loch-N-Load, Gunboats

Engineer
Melee:' Jag

Medic
Primary: Blutsauger
Secondary: Kritzkrieg

Sniper
Primary: Classic

I'd stick with these in first instance, changing/adding them based on feedback

Once again broken as all fuck on some maps (reduced explosive radius is actually a bit of a buff point-blank). I'd replace it with the Iron Bomber. Otherwise looks like a fair compromise to me (Boston Basher also seemed uncontroversial to most so it could be an option).

Are we going to play or what?

The thread's autosaging, boyo.
I'll still go wank around in Holla Forumsintage fun to bump the playercount while we wait though.

I have V2H1

The building crashes definitely have something to do with explosions. It's a mystery what it actually is.

Yeah pic two of my post is the crash

Please do not do this.

well let's get the show on the road.
Join up fuggers.

Someone made a new bread?

We're only page 8

This is not a good idea
This is not a good idea
This probably not a good idea
This is not a good idea
This weapon is a meme
No
When would you run bonesaw over this?
Why
Stock is the best plan here

GET IN HERE NOW

no shit
Watching this video I'm reminded just how … visually noisy the real TF2 is.

Adding it in would be a mistake
Also at what time the serbers are usually active

i open hammer and this is the first fucking thing i see

which one of you faggots did this

4chan remnants?

I don't have that garbage. Did you join a sever with a meme map?

stop being fucking retarded devs, dont add any new goddamn weapons
if they do, me and the other server host agreed to keep ours stock only

I personally want to keep it stock. The classes feel perfect as is, they mesh well and need each other as they should

There's a bug where you will get stuck in the ground if spy uncloaks beside you.

I'm fine with weapons tbh.

Fortunately, the only weapons that work from my list in live TF2 are the Jag, the Kritzkrieg, the Flare Gun, The Direct Hit, and the Gunboats. It's simply not a good enough variety to warrant major tweaks in TF2V.

Flare gun and Direct hit are straight upgrades, unless its a pyro vs pyro, dont add these

JOIN

The fuck?

For anyone that can aim, it is

you can fire the flare gun underwater for the initial 30 damage, but there's not afterburn

water is too rare for that to count as a minus, and bouncing uber is too small of a downgrade, when pyro and demo can do this aswell

And what if water is rare? the shotgun makes pyro effective against other pyros. The whole "puff and sting" is a crutch for bad W+M1 pyros who can't kill without a massive burst damage option

that has nothing to do with what i said

They should really remove the first blood crits in arena mode

maybe you shouldn't run into someone quickly

in a 3v3, instant crits are 2gud

sounds like we're sticking to stock then

direct hit maybe, flare gun no

What is the source of the maps the servers are running, i keep getting this error?

aww fuck. Lemme upload my maps. you shouldn't have to had drag any of the maps from retail TF2 into the map folder of Vintage since it comes with the maps

A per-server whitelist for allowed weapons would be useful. That way serber owners can go full autism with their weapon selection.

Hey dev.
Change the particles for the original ones.
I just discovered that you can just drag the original particles on the tf2vintage folder and it just werks.

Well no shit its difficult to do so when the lack of burst damage will usually result in either the pyro dying or having to retreat before doing any real damage and in both situations the team will usually extinguish it before it has a chance to do any real damage. Even with a perfect from behind ambush, any class thats not a light class has time to turn around and slap the pyros shit. I feel like the pyro will never be balanced becuase a strictly DoT doesnt fit in a game like TF2 where each encounter never lasts more than 5 seconds and every time he's given a reliable burst damage option people complain until he's nerfed into the ground.

Here is my two cents:

Scout
""Primary"": Force-A-Nature
Love this weapon, prefer the scattergun but the extra mobility for less power can be very helpful on certain maps
"Secondary"": Bonk, useful for maps like 2fort where there isn't many exits and close quarters. I would change it up a bit from live though considering if you have the intel, you are unable to use it. I quickly thought this up but it would act as it normally would without intel, but carrying it or capturing an objective on use will reduce invulnerability time and slow you down after effect wares off, but not as bad as live currently has it. I can think of other ways of going about it, a bit wonky, but make projectiles do reduced damage after use while hitscan is useless as well as the slowing effect and reduced effect time. Any constructive input is appreciated
""Melee"": Boston Basher, but I am biased. Use this weapon on live tf2 and use to die all the time to it, but once you get good with it and learn to work around the wonky hitboxes its a monster. Very nice risk/reward thing, especially when you run away and the just die. Can live without it though.

Soldier
""Primary""THE ORIGINAL: kidding, literally nothing that i can think of
""Secondary""Gunboats: maybe buff banner but this can easily be argued as a crutch item. But i prefer to use for my team, so making it more of a support item with some tweaks would be neat, least in theory. Not sure how it would be in practice
""Melee"": Disciplinary action: again helps soldier to become more of a support , the escape plan would just be a direct upgrade from shovel in my opinion.
SOLDIER LEADS THE WAY

Pyro
""Secondary"" Flare Gun: Only non cancerous weapon pyro has besides homewrecker.
""Melee" Homewrecker: Pretty good if you wanna do more of a support or defensive role and you have an engie, some people would argue that this would be a direct upgrade to the stock, which I don't find that to be true since 50% damage reduction is going to fuck you over in a fight, especially with no crits

Demoman
""Primary"" Gunboats: Good for a more aggressive demo who rely on stock sticky,
""Secondary"" Scottish Resistance: Love this weapon, defense wise it is superior to stock, vice versa on offense

Engineer
""Primary"" Rescue Ranger: I love this weapon but torn at the same time, as an engie main i love sitting back in a safe spot and just repair it from a distance, especially if in a middle of an assault. But on the other end its annoying to deal with because you can't necessarily kill the engie if he is aware of his surroundings at all and taking down the sentry becomes a pain, the recent live update however made it a bit easier, but still a chore, which is never fun.

""Melee""Jag: Have to agree. I can see this pretty useful on a more aggressive engie like me

Medic
""Primary"" Blautsauger or nerfed Crossbow
Been stated why multiple times, blauts is pretty good for an aggressive medic.
""Secondary"" Kritzkrieg: Opposite of uber, even though uber counter it directly if enemy team has a decent medic, but damn pop that on a good demo/soldier/heavy than its a shoa. Not as effective against sentries but its a good trade off.

Sniper
==NOTHING== Maybe huntsmen if you make the hitbox smaller

Spy
==NOTHING== Never played him much, so I can't say.

Again, the soldier idea was just thought up, not actually sure how it would be, but it would be fun in my eyes, but would it be any good? Spy and Sniper could use alternatives but i can't think of anything on the top of my head, but making our own OC weapons would require some work. I honestly prefer stock, and would love to keep it that way. But in case devanon decides to add em in then there is my opinion.

excuse the bold and redtext errors. Haven't used the bold ones in forever

forgot to mention, the disciplinary action would have to be tweaked though, because it is underpowered on live, and adding soldier being able to get assists if the person hit gets a kill shortly after would be very nice.

No faggot, Pyro is fine. You're just too used to running in a straight line. Getting the drop on enemies usually ends in a win for the pyro. The damage from touching the flame+burn damage will kill most classes. Circle strafing is another thing.

Alright so before I go making a new thread what information are we missing from the OP in terms of things that need to be done or fixes or general news?

Listen here fucko, circle strafing doesnt matter because 2/3 medium to heavy classes have splash damage weapons and heavy has so much goddamned health he can leisurely spin up his gun and swiss cheese you out of existence.Or do you really think circlestrafing is THAT hard to predict? Hell, just for the sake of argument lets even look at his interacts with the light classes. Scouts yeah if you get the drop on them, they are dead but that means they are a shit scout. Engie doesnt have to worry about pyros since he has his guns which pyro has no counter against them unless you are autistically good at airblasting sentry rockets and even then it hardly does any damage to the sentry. Snipers, who gives a shit becuase they are dead to all classes at close range. Spys, yes, pyro is good against but thats not thanks to damage, thats thanks to the fire being a tool of identification.

DoT is a mechanic that doesnt work in TF2 and never will

Good chance is he'll either die, kill you and die, or kill you and die after from burn damage.

Updated memesystem with some maps from minus cp_italy and cp_orange.

I would actually take some shit out, because the current OP looks like a clusterfuck.
Put the blurb about what TF2V is at the top.
Keep the changelog for the latest version next, along with a download link and a patch if available. I would separate the stock maps (the original vanilla ones) and the additional custom maps into two downloads.
Move the git repo and megatools links to an "other links" section.
Take out the bit about TF2C. We've established that TF2V is trying to be its own thing; drawing attention to TF2C is just begging for drama.
Put >>13058377's revemu tutorial into a pastebin or webpage of some kind, and put that into the other links section.
And for fuck's sake, don't use Reddit spacing. Single space each section, and only put an extra line break between sections.

Less effective than a soldier, demo, or heavy doing the same exact thing

Not really, ubered Pyro is ideal when dealing with bunches of enemies. Sure you cna launch a rocket but a sweep of fire is more likely to hit things.

I hate this meme, I've used that formatting for ages to separate thoughts in writing. The entire fucking things about "reddit spacing" came out of the blue one day with no real bearing and seems like some bullshit more than anything.

As for changelog If you can get that for me I'll put it in. As for the mega links Could still uploading them and posting them as "Mirror", the git deserves it's own place because it's just source code. not the actual game

Anyone down to clown around?

Yeah alright

Unfortunately for me and fortunately for you the TF2C item system is absolute trash which means it's not worth trying to recode a metric fuckton of shit for four items to be added to the game, meaning TF2V will be stock until I give a shit.

I have been playing around with new shading and textures for characters. Pic related.

The only changelog I can think of going from V1 to V2 is the sentry fix that didn't even work, and adding the custom maps to the base download (which should be their own thing).
To spoil the meme, Redditors double-space their longer posts to extend the vertical space and artificially make their posts bigger so they seem more important. There's no need for that here, and it's easier to read shit when it's single-spaced.

Adding my two cents: don't add any items.

1) Adding items disrupts expectations for a class. Example:
If I'm playing soldier and another soldier comes at me, I know he has four rockets. If he fires those four, I know he has to reload, and I have a window to attack. Something like the Beggar's Bazooka fucks that up.
If I deal 180 damage to him, I know he only has a sliver of health left, and I can disengage and pick him off from a distance with the shotgun. The Black Box disrupts that flow.
If he hits me with a rocket directly, that's 90 HP, and I can survive one more direct rocket before needing to retreat. The Direct Hit ruins that approach.
Some might argue that variety adds to the game and makes each encounter require different approaches, but I find that it eventually devolves into a random fuckfest like live TF2.
2) Adding items is a slippery slope. It starts with the essential sidegrades, and slowly works its way up the chain. Well, the Flaregun is decent, what if we added that item? What about this and that one? Sure, you can disable the items server-side, but you can do that in live TF2 anyways, so why bother with TF2V or even TF2C?
3) You're giving in to scope creep. Scope creep is the number one killer of software projects. Keep it vanilla, keep it simple. Strip all the bullshit first.

Again the whole reddit spacing meme is stupid. like I've said people and not just me have done it for years, like you saw I use it to separate thoughts and ideas. I save proper formatting for things like writefaggotry. In any case I think this'll hit page 13 before I get a chance to make a new thread since it's so late here. Someone ought to be ready.

dubs of truth, just add hats and taunts

hats and taunts only

4 on server

coming

Do not add any new items until Team Fortress 2 Vintage has a large and stable player base.

get on here you fags

k

guys get in, i need big slappy to stop me

Can we get a full server today?

BRB posting on cuckchan then :^)

What was that tf2 version that let you play hl2 campaign in coop?

sure fam

E.E. is a good medic

take your healslut to the memebarn

Pyro vs Pyro has never been all that interesting. A bunch of Pyros pelting shotguns at each other is no better than a bunch pelting flares at each other.

Flares do however introduce to additional factors that make the fight a little better. One is the possibility of one Pyro pulling off a flare reflect to get an edge, the other is a pyro managing to pull off a flare crit combo despite the pyro's flame invulnerability.

Hahahaha no. Ubered Pyro is one of the easiest ubers to deal with. All you need is another pyro is just keep airblasting him into the air until the uber runs out.

That's not easy, but at the same time it's not hard.

Nah shotgun is.

Any class that can juggle can nullify an ubered Pyro. This compared to ubering heavy, soldier, demoman whereby being juggled will not be nearly as effective since they can shoot back much more effectively.

Flare combat introduces the possibility of reflects and crit combos. What does shotgun bring to it?

You're forgetting the ubered pyro can juggle back. Your entire argument is "He can be juggled" as if the Pyro being ubered is braindead and can only W+M1

Pretty sure rockets did that first. Again needing guaranteed crits is a crutch

A good way to hurt other pyros and to ding players outside flamethrower range as you retreat to a more advantageous spot.

…how? If you're being constantly juggled into the air your own airblast is going to do jack shit, your primary attack is going to be useless and your secondary attack is going to do much much less damage than a heavy, soldier or demoman in the same position.

You're misunderstanding me. Flares can be reflected by enemy pyros, shotgun blasts cannot, that's a factor that helps to make flaregun fights more interesting.

It doesn't matter of what you think is a crutch, and it's not a question of needing it. It's a question of the possibility of one pyro managing to pull it off being a factor that makes the fight more interesting

You can do that with flares as well. I often during Pyro vs Pyro fights airblast the enemy pyro and then get a flare in to help me get a health advantage.

What's the rules for new breads? We are on page 12

We could always spam till it hits 700 posts

Pg. 13

So you're bad?

Get the fuck in memesystem, we're playing ctf_convoy

Come on man, you would've said that to begin with if you really thought it was that easy to avoid being juggled. It's certainly not at all hard for an enemy pyro to do it and would be a very poor use of an uber to start airblasting them to avoid getting juggled yourself.

Only easy if the ubered pyro is by himself. Not account for team fights or the pyro leading a charge with teammates behind him

I found out something fun about the payloads. Turns out you can build speed when you're wedged in there.

W
H
A
T

M
A
K
E
S

M
E

A

G
O
O
D

D
E
M
O
M
A
N
?

DEMOMAN TAKES SKILL

Do tf2 maps have PUs?
Also when's new thread

new one is ready to post. go bump a bump of threads up to speed this up

Version 2, Revision 1 available

drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOS29tOHBHTmpaRTQ

This is just a modified Version 2 without as much bloat and some of the content refined. If you already have V2, you do not need this.

anyone playing, i'm inthe mood for some hardcore junkyard firecrotch

UNBEARABLE LAG
Also:
(((POST NEW THREAD)))

we're 13 boyos
on the catalogue

fucking frenchies shitting up my board

new bread

ah yes, here it comes

I have an idea

Engine has max speed cap. 3500, I think.