Half Life 3

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY HALF LIFE THREE GABEN!?!?!?

YOU LYING MOTHERFUCKING BRONY CUCK

I HAVE BEEN WAITING ON HALF LIFE 3 FOR 13 FUCKING YEARS NOW

WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME GABEN!?!?!?!

I WAS YOUR GREATEST FAN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DotA and CS:GO killed any chance of that happening.

>imblying gaben isn't going to listen to marketing and constantly keep the possibility of HL3 a selling point for touching (((steam)))

OP, wanna know a secret?

Half life was never good, it's always been a boring overrated piece of shit

I wonder what an HD gondola would look like.

user, really now.

100% true.

Enjoy your game with 90% unskippable cut-scenes and the 10% of gameplay is shit-tier shooting and awkward platforming.

Hipstercucks, go back to >>>/plebbit/ already.

Confirmed for never even having played half life.

Half Life is fun on a bun to this very day. HL2 significantly less so, but one has to acknowledge how impressive it was at the time.

Only hipsters such as yourself like Half-Life.

HL1 was a fantastic shooter but HL2 was dogshit that did nothing special.
The game was boring as shit, the physics "puzzles" were stupid bullshit and 90% of the guns were boring as all fuck

Shiggy.

HL2 was literally better than HL1 in every single aspect.

It was impressive for its physics engine and graphics. But gameplay was awful.

Explain why half-life is so good.

Because the gameplay is so good.

The truth hurts.

So you admit that you're a hipster faggot?

This entire thread is bait.

Nope
Not a single thing in the entirety of HL2 comes close to Xen

We are living in a time where people on Holla Forums:

Everyone likes to use summer as an excuse for this nonsense, but unfortunately it's never seasonal and carries on into winter.

You're bait.
Let me guess, you think the Witcher 3 actually had good gameplay?

The guns were fun, they kill shit, the levels were fucking great.

Are you retarded?

too young confirmed
Go back to playing Halo 4 already you fucking teenage cuck.

Diggy.

It's only been three years and the cancer has already spread here. There are people who don't even know why we left.

Sorry, pal, you've lost this one. Better luck next time.

Nobody is this retarded, you can stop the act now. There are about 10 enemies in the entirety of the half-life 2 campaign. There's barely any fucking combat at all, and the little combat there is is boring as fuck with uninspired weaponry. Also good luck actually fighting anything because you gotta hear alyx talk for 30 minutes straight about boring ass shit.

How the fuck is half-life not overrated? It's a glorified physics engine.

Did somebody hear that?

The first game was an good FPS, people always act like the first game is trash just because of shit the second game did.

Kek.

Confirmed for never having fucking played the game.

Well shiggy my diggy famalam.

Because it's literally the greatest FPS ever made, and the entire game is essentially non stop tense skill based gun play that 12 COD/MoH kiddies find too difficult.

Kek

Face it, more than 20% of the game is cutscenes where you can't do shit.

There is literally 2 cut scenes in the entirety of half life, one at the beginning and one at the end.

You have no argument.

Tell me oh lord of CoD, what is a superior FPS to Half Life.

Half-life 2 yes. The first game, not so much. Sure, for the time I guess it was but it had more gameplay to it. It wasn't bogged down by trying to be overly cinematic.

Also, I'm sure I heard recently that one of the former writers said it wasn't going to happen. Valve barely makes games anymore so it's not surprising they haven't touch the franchise in years.

I dunno it ended with the nigger dying hilariously so I'm pretty much OK with no more Froman. Shit was progressively becoming less vidya and more c i n e m a t i c so fuck it. I wouldn't even want to encourage these faggots.

Fucking casuals, man.

Dude, I like HL2, but he's right. The game has a lot of pseudo-cutscenes where you're able to move, but you're trapped in a room listening to characters talk.
Personally I don't dislike these as I like the game's writing, but you're acting like they don't exist.

I somehow managed to put 80 something hours into HL2 because of SMOD. I wonder how retarded that mod has become at this point. Just shovels and UMDs for days.

I said half-life 2

Doom 1&2
Painkiller
Rise of the Triad (original)
Quake
Hell, even duke 3D. There's a fucking ton.

No, I'm not, he's full of shit, and there are no superior FPS shooters to HL.

Fuck off, Painkiller is just an arena of mob control. I'm not saying it's bad but get your fucking life together.

The AI was nothing special either, you are beyond casual if you think that bullshit was spectacular

If you're talking about HL1 then you played it like the eternal millenial just mouth breathing your faggot self through it.

And Half-life 2 is just shooting 1 or 2 enemies then having a 20 minute cutscene.

Literally glorified arcade games.

Fun, but HL is better.

Same as DOOM.

Same as DOOM.

Yeah, no.

Yes it was, the AI was very well made, adapted and had different strategies.

Can you not tell he's shitposting? Dude you are taking the bait hard

Most of the Writers left because Valve doesn`t end up making any proper games (like those Polish guys)
Most of the Lead Designers left because Valve doesn`t actually work on any AAA games (like Half Life 2`s)
Most of the absorbed Developers left because Valve doesn`t allow them to make what they want (like Portal`s/L4D2's devs)

Valve is just wasting time tinkering with VR(thats not supposed to take so much priority, but they dont give a fuck), patching Multiplayer properties (extending life span of games that have long past due) and supporting Steam ("support" is a joke besides software development)

Valve has somehow managed to convince themselves that all that is more important and has given up on making any proper games (they think making proper games is "outdated concept", no really look at their explanations)

Conclusion:
Valve has given up on creating any proper content and games, managed to convince themselves exactly of the opposite they tried to prove with L4D2.
Valve has given up.

I don't think you know what that word means.

I know, I even said before this thread is just bait. I'm killing time until my food gets here.

But DOOM is literally a glorified arcade game.

What's an arcade game?

A game of repeating patterns, where each new iteration is more difficult than the last.

DOOM is an arcade game, there is very little real diversity in the gameplay, the AI is shit (it's an old game I know), and there is no real reason to put it on a pedestal.

You just described half-life.

No it doesn't, there are new problems every level, every level is different, the enemies are different, and the AI is different for all the various enemies.

Literally only someone who has never played half life can say that.
What is Raven-town place, what is the citadel at the end, what is the assault on the prison, all of these places have unique situations and challenges, and unique strategies necessary for dealing with the various enemies.

Go back to playing CoD, kiddie.

Half-Life`s since the start has been designed as elaborate gameplay set pieces,
EP2s large open map Strider fight is clear example

Yeah, sure, you're not just a butthurt CoD kiddie.

They assault together, they use grenades and quick assaults to flush you out, and flank you.
The AI is actually very good, and challenging.

It literally made the best FPS games ever.

You sound like one of those retards that fell hook line and sinker for the "DIRECTOR AI" meme on L4D too and still claim it's the ultimate AI ever created when it's literally nothing but a card selector lmao

Everything that I said in my previous post is true, you know that it's true, you have no argument against it, and your entire disliking of HL is based in a hipster mentality that everything that is liked sucks because it's liked.

You're an edgy hipster CoD kiddie.

The FPS genre has been stagnant and lacking innovation for more than 10 years.

Do you seriously believe HL3 would change this? If it can't cause the the same impact HL1 or HL2 caused back in the day, there's just no point in releasing it.

They could potentially revolutionize the VR market, and usher in a new age of VR FPS games.

I don't even need words to shut your faggotry down

I'm calling you a CoD kiddie because you are one, and none of the criticism you have leveled against HL have been legitimate.

Wew.

You can still completely blindside every enemy in the game by just holding random shit in front of you, and that's just one of the many many "small bugs" that populate this vast turd

It's not an AI bug, the player model that the AI sees is small enough that you can hide it with an object that small.

Not an AI bug, learn how the game itself is built.

This makes it even more retarded

No you can't, they move around to compensate, it's fucking useless if you're fighting several enemies (which you are 99% of the time).
It's in no way a legitimate criticism since it is not actually useful or game breaking.

It doesn't matter what you think of it, it's not an AI bug, it's not a code bug in any form, it's an oversight.