Mordor

this game has fanfic tier writing but i was still bummed when one of my orcs died

Other urls found in this thread:

medievalwarfare.info/armour.htm
pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/technique/gun-timeline/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How great of a testament is it to Tolkien's source material when even a shitty fanfic-tier plotline videogame gets released it's more enthralling than 97% of its competitor's content?

Assassinating Orc captains was more enthralling then completing any of the main missions.

It's too easy

I pirated the game and it was horrible, but I don`t know about lore raping tho, it basically expanded on already established lore points and, surprisingly, nothing was that far reaching.

Celebrimbor having his soul trapped on a magic hammer that Sauron himself made, while doesn`t make sense considering how magic works, it isn`t and offense to Tolkien`s work. Besides that there`s nothing that I remember to be note worthy, besides maybe the Black Númenóreans, they are a little too much edgy but alright, Mordor was what you expected and Rhun ok I guess, we don`t really have that much details.

The sequel however…

Never played that game. Is it any good? I heard it was like Assassins Creed and there is no other franchise in this industry that I hate more than that.

its more like batman

It's like Arkham Asylum with Orcs.
The nemesis system isn't as interesting as the marketers and shills want you to believe.

It's okay. Basically Arkham city but you kill Orcs. If you get the GOTY edition on steam for like $5 you'll have fun.
Or pirate it

Gee, user, I dunno.

You should have gotten to design your own orc and played as him instead.

I see, thanks anons!
Here are your (You)s

to be honest I believe the game was made in a lab, they first got the overall mechanics and then they move to get the rights for a recognizable IP for maximum profit and PR

for money hungry jews they showed restrained when dealing with the lore, it could have been far, faar worse

B-but where is the human character, what if my 120 year old grandma wanted to play the game?

very possible

The next one's story will also be dripping with sjw shit. We've already seen a nig ranger and a lady ranger that shits on the dude and Celebrimbor telling them they have no idea what they're doing and need to listen to her.

I had the most fun with the nemesis system. Loved how I had some guys who came back for revenge or dominating whoever won a fight over leadership. Wish some fantasy RPGs had something like the nemesis system for random mooks you fight.

But yeah, the story is very fanfic-tier. But it was definitely better than the shitty Hobbit movies.
Still haven't watched the last Hobbit movie yet either.

There's several fan edits of the Hobbit trilogy that are tolerable. And I mean tolerable. It's amazing that we got the quality of LotR in exactly the time period we needed to before Marxists completely became mainstream and corrupted every form of entertainment. LotR stands as a timepiece in film; unfortunately the Hobbit can't say the same.

There is just something about this game that does not grab me. It's graphically beautiful, and the controls are quite smooth, but the gameplay leaves me bored as fuck.

But what a fucking great gimmick it is. It makes a painfully bland game to a very good one.

Shitter of Mordor 2, should be an ork tribe simulator RPG. You play as an alpha ork trying to fight your way to be the warboss. But some asshole keeps assasinating your supporters. So you go on an epic quest to find this fucker, kill him, and save your tribe.

Webm unrelated.

but dude taxes lmao

basically my experience

You can become boss of the orcs? explain since i avoided the game when it was released

Why do any of those questions matter?

Wait do baby orcs even exist in the lore?

You click some, you right-click or press space as the prompt comes up, then you press F
You hold the crouch button then press another button to bully/kill orcs
You hold the ranged mode button then click on orc heads
The one faggot that ganked you the most comes back for a final fight.
More shit to collect than Banjo-Kazooie, and that shit has less overall impact than the collectibles in Banjo-Kazooie.

You have now played Shadow of Mordor.

No. tl;dr is Silmarillion explains how corrupt creatures that weren't part of the original song can't reproduce. Melkor and pals have to corrupt the good creatures of Middle-Earth to build their armies. The breeding experiments Saruman was performing is one of the loopholes the villains use to grow their numbers.

Nobody fucking knows.
Tolkien died before settling on a definitive explanation.
Orcs are either: corrupted maiar, elves or humans. Alternatively they are mud golems animated through the will of their masters (Melkor/Sauron/nazguls). Alternatively they are animals who do everything they do, including speech, instinctively and through mimicry – those instincts having been engineered by Melkor.

Actually there might be grill/baby orcs.

Where did Saruman get his Uruks from then?

If I remember, goblins could breed. Orcs were corrupted members of other races, but they could be created by magic. Uruks and uruk-hai were made magically as well.

For an autist about useless detail like G.R.R. Martin, these questions matter! The same people that bring up the eagles plot hole, though not explained well or at all in the movies, the book pretty much shoots down that with neutrality. Unless you don't think a race can stay neutral in the world where a great evil resides or is gaining traction, it might seem hard but it's not impossible.

More importantly, Sauron would have countermeasures against eagles flying to Mount Doom since flying an eagle up there is an obvious choice, but not against hobbits climbing Mount Doom because what kind of hobbit would be stupid and/or crazy enough to want to climb fucking Mount Doom?

I really hate this hack. I have no idea how his material sells when it is complete shit. Even worse is how he is part of that clique of bullshit that pushes shit writers for SJW bullshit and encourages corruption.

Wasn't the eagle thing also explained by it being more visible and able to be easily brought down by Sauron or someone else through magic? I may be wrong since I have not read the books in years.

I'm pretty sure that Silmarillion quote is just saying that elves were the template for all orcs, not sure where you're getting anything grills/babies from that.
pic related

Goblins are orcs and vice versa. It's been ages since I read the books but I remember the two terms being used interchangeably

>For the Orcs had life and multiplied after the manner of the Children of Ilúvatar; and naught that had life of its own, nor the semblance of life, could ever Melkor make…

I'd wager he "recruited" local orcs via Sauron's favor, then raped and pillaged trough some rohrim villages to get some human/orc crossbreed rapebabies, then aged them with magic.
Lotr magic can't do fireballs but subtle shit like this is primo gusto.

Goblins and orcs are the same thing. Goblin is westron/common slang for orc.
Orcs come in two flavors: too weak to claim a place in the pecking order – Snaga (slave), or strong enough to be a warrior and own slaves – Uruk (orc, i.e. snaga aren't even considered proper persons in the orc society).
Uruk-hai means "The Orc-folk", a collective self-name. Saruman's crossbreeds use this moniker because they're fucking big and strong.

Everything in the land of Mordor can be presumed to be filled with Sauron's dark magical spunk, alerting to and slowly killing undesireables.

I thought goblins were Sauron's answer to dwarves, for the sake of completeness in his twisted parody of the non-evil creatures, since there's already major parallels between orcs/uruks and humans/elves

Whelp, I am retarded. I thought he differentiated them at some point. Weren't there subspecies of the orcs that were smaller though? Am I getting that wrong too? I really should re-read the books again.

Those are cave nigger orcs.
Orcs tend to grow smaller and more skittish without a big evil magic teat to suck on, and I bet living in cramped caves for centuries, on a scarce diet of fish and other orc didn't help.

First of all, no living creature aside from Tom Bombadil could resist the ring at the edge of Mt. Doom. Tolkein explained why that makes Gollum important. He's able to destroy the ring after taking it back by slipping and falling into the volcano. Secondly, there are tons of Nazguls piloted by the wraiths. Thirdly, shittons of archers would cover the sky with arrows. It's an awful idea that is only brought up by people that dislike lotr use since they've only seen the movies.

Playing this game will make you retarded

Do we have a confirmation on whether this magical faggot is flesh-and-blood alive? Or is he like, a leitmotiff in the divine song alive?
He's just fucking weird.

That doesn't inspire confidence. I bought Mad Max because it was like 3 dollars and I heard a lot of good shit about it - especially that it played a bit "like batman, and batman was fucking great". So I get into Mad Max - and combat is literally left-click to kill people, right click to not get killed. Also, because that's probably too complicated, you can block attacks coming from any direction, regardless of where you are in attack animations, and we'll put everything in slow-mo so you have plenty of time click without having to pay attention to any enemy tells or windup animations.

Car combat is basically the same so far, except that instead of attacking, you just run up alongside someone and use the harpoon to rip the driver out of the car. Feels good, but not satisfying in the least.

Why the fuck isn't there a decent Desert Punk game yet? Or at least a New Vegas total conversion?

That just lends credence to the shock factor part of my explanation, since if no living thing that is not Tom Bombadil can resist the ring, you'd have to be a complete idiot to send a pair of hobbits up Mount Doom.

That's what Mordor's combat is, and it is exactly like bamham. It's your fault entirely for buying the game when someone told you it was exactly like bamham in the first place

Only Tolkein knows the ring is that powerful though. The council sending them didn't, Gandalf, didn't, maybe Sauron, but he isn't telling anyone that info. It's not fair to use that for an in-world argument, I'll grant you that, but if Gandalf couldn't handle it when his entire existence is to stop Sauron, the eagles have no chance. They do know the Hobbits are far more resistant to it due to their good nature and complacent disposition.

But I never played Batman, because I don't like capeshit, so I had no frame of reference.

You have no internet connection in to use which to look these things up on?

That's just an extra "Jesus Christ you're fucking retarded" to stack against people who ask the eagle question.
Sauron still wasn't expecting the hobbits to actually make it to the top of Mount Doom, and even less for Gollum to fall into the fires after snagging the ring.

Also, that's beside the point, which is

On top of that, did Sauron even know that much about the Hobbits by then? I would've thought Saruman kept most of that information in the dark since he was getting ready to set up shop in the Shire.

3.5mbps, and I was already downloading shit at the time. I turn QoS off so that it dissuades other people in the house from trying to watch netflix or youtube and shit while I'm trying to use it. I find it's better to just inconvenience everybody else so that I can get my games in under two days, rather than waiting a fucking week because some assholes wanted to watch Glamor Girls or some shit.

So no… basically, I didn't have internet.

So why the fuck are all of these Orcs following this ranger? Like I understand you can dominate these people with magic, but did he run around dominating every single Orc? I mean at least in the sequel he's commanding entire armies which would make recruitment quite an issue. If not, why the fuck are they fighting Sauron? Revenge over how Morgoth took elves and degenerated them into what they are now and how he routinely abused them since?

Orcs like a good scrap and he offers them one.

Not at all, hobbit where in farfuckinstan compared to mordor and they bother their own business so was easy for anyone to forget about them. Just imagine that Rohan didn't knew hobbit at all and they were closer then sauron

Dev made a mistake with this game, the nemesis system. Was balanced around you being shit at this game, which made it almost impossible to use because the ghost power made you basically invincible. They should had made it improving for around Orcs that you didn't kill and not just when you die, otherwise you end up like that faggot on jewtube that keep being posted able to win a fight sat max level with scrubs orcs.

Make the level scaling more complicated, and the MC less powerful so you actually have to gitgud and the nemesis get used more often
I still remember when I fucked around at end game for a while
This game is literally self straining to be enjoyed, bad balancing of the system

I wish the orcs themselves became as OP as you with their own brand of powers.

They do occasionally become completely invulnerable unless you exploit some map-based weakness first, but they still aren't that dangerous.

great game, but I'm at the point where nothing can kill me unless I deliberately screw myself over, and even then, I get a single drain and about 75% HP comes back, along with most of my elf shot and focus. (I invested heavily in that department, so combat drains ftw.)
For a while there I was trying to "selectively breed" orc captains via "natural selection"" (AKA having current candidate fight everything else) to try to find one that MAYBE would have a chance at beating me and becoming a challenging nemesis, but no beans so far. Everytime I'm able to kill my prize champion in a minute or so.

Throughout the game run, I did have one real nemesis, Malmug the Thunderer. We killed each other probably 10 times each back and forth, and he just came back with more bandages until he didn't really have much of a face anymore. Good times.

Any suggestions other than starting a new run?

Shadow of Mordor would be better if it was a game about orcs rebelling and going orc on their own.

It would be better if it wasn't LoTR at all so it could go balls deep with the wraith shit and actually get some interesting powers like possessing orcs and making them jump off cliffs without totally shitting on the lore.

YOU ARE WEAK.

The ringwraiths ARE the Nazgul. The creatures they ride were not named, and are generally referred to simply as "fell beasts".

And wasn't the Eagle thing also largely a matter of them being servants of Manwe, and the Valar weren't supposed to interfere that directly? Even the Wizards, sent East specifically against Sauron, were not supposed to directly fight him, and were only to counsel and guide the Children so they could defeat him themselves.

That actually sounds like something I would play. I considered getting Moordoor during the sale, but even though I really don't care much for Lord of the Rings, I got this really bad vibe that the game just shit all over Tolkien lore to appeal to the modern shithead. If the game had had literally just about any other story or was just about Orcs raiding Orcs to become the ultimate Orc chieftain and raise an army to conquer the land - or playing a human/elf manipulating the Orcs in order to raise their own army to fight off the invading hordes… then I probably would have gotten it.

Tried to watch the show, failed miserably around the second season.

The plot and world building can be interesting. Don't want to just fall into the perpetual negativity, source material was a refreshing difference from most other fantasy franchises. The intrigue is well done and demonstrates complexity without being too complicated all the time for people coming into the story.

Every problem with the plotline comes from the very basic issue of the true strength of LOTR. There is no reason to care about any of the characters. This is why the fans are so annoying, the only reason they care about any of it is because they picked up on the meme rather than having investment in the story itself. You gave a shit about Frodo and Sam. Their struggles were relatable while the context stayed fantastic enough to compliment the wonder of the story. GoT's problem (from my perspective) is the same problem a lot of much less popular (not to say popularity=good) TV and books had but with the added bonus of showing up at the right time with full backing from a huge network. The world was well built with backstory evident and well infused but there was no meta struggle evident in the plot. Ned Stark was great because Sean Bean is a great actor, but his character represented an actual conflict that we all have, he was a good and honorable man that had actual failings any of us could relate to, the character exemplified virtues higher than many of us have but also failings we are all scared of having ourselves. After he died, there just wasn't the same relatable (I know that's a word, spellcheck, fuck off with your red squiggles) wish fulfillment or anxieties an audience member could project onto the show. Having the meta ability to both fulfill a want of being something better while also being understandable is the crux of a good story that then makes you care about the setting.

TL;DR GoT is a lot of world building and plot threads that are good but miss the investment in personality and characters that is so evident in LOTR or other fantasy works, hell, the Imperial Guard W40k books have better characterization and relatability.

It actually doesn't which I can't decide is sad or funny.

Quality post my dude. Having 2 braindead kikes as showrunnners creating content is also a death sentence.

And that's where you're wrong. Celebrimbor becomes obsessed with revenge and drunk with power and ends up just like Saruman, trying to fight fire with fire.

You just pointed the biggest problem with the show in relation with the book.

You don't understand what video games are, do you?

This guy knows. Still worth $4 on that sale.

Your kind already killed another thread thankfully it has been pruned.
Polite sage for double post, but it makes referencing pic related easier.

Shadow of War will suck ultra dick for the same reason Mordor did, it has barely any challenge.
I guarentee you the super ultra epic cool war in the E3 trailer will be less challenging, exciting or fun than a musou game.

Why the fuck hasn't Omega Force stolen the Nemesis System for Dynasty Warriors Empires yet? Shit's perfect for it.

Ain't DW9 supposed to be open world or some shit? There might be an opening for that at some point.

From what I heard, yeah.

Is his writing really bad? I've tried to read the first book but I was at a point in my life where I didn't really feel like reading much.

It is nothing to write home about, but it isn't bad, especially for "fantasy novel" standards. Martin is an autist that can't see the forest for the trees, but at least his autism actually produced decent novels which is kind of remarkable. the show is shit as video points out

t. /lit/ expat

Are any of the book boards alive here?

Don't you mean period piece user?

There are some infamously dumb lines "the sight of their arousal was arousing", "The ship groaned and strained like a fat man struggling to shit", "The more she drank the more she shat, and the more she shat the thirstier she grew", "fat pink mast", etc, but in all the books aren't that bad.

Why is it that even Sci-fi has more quality writing than fantasy? I mean many fantasy novels are really fun, but they still aren't anything extraordinary.

I first realized how much of a faggot Gurm is due to reading about his clique's conflict with that other writefag although admittedly a much more tolerable one who runs the Vox Popoli blog. The Vox Popoli guy wrote basically a half-serious parody of ASOIAF which only highlighted the turboautism of the original material and the perpetual butthurt of its author. It's not surprising really, that Gurm would also be a hardcore leftist in addition to a hack.

As far as I know, anything outside of Holla Forumss Holla Forums Holla Forums and regional boards are completely barren around here. It is a shame, but maybe for the best. It is funny because cuckchan /lit/ was utterly pozzed even before August 2014, but disgruntled anons like me were never able to build a community somewhere else.

The biggest problem with fantasy authors is the same sentiment that Miyazaki has with his paraphrased "Anime was a mistake" shtick. Fantasy writers are usually not that well read and usually have very narrow interests and places where they draw inspiration (usually other Fantasy novelists). This limits them to no end. Sci-fi isn't much better actually, but I guess the top outliers that write Sci-fi are better than the Fantasy top outliers. Magic Realism is where it is at. That's the patrician /lit/ genre for nerds

I just want to see if I'm completely retarded and tasteless for liking Jack Reacher and Sigma Force books or not.
Or finding stuff like the Rob Harris Cicero Trilogy

it had a nice gimmick and it was helped by the fact that good old dan abnett did all the ork dialogue.

some random ass elvish blacksmith somehow manages to slaughter 6 trillion orks and fights sauron.
i dont realy care about the lotr lore, but still though, youre wrong.

I mean those fantasy creators just as those anime creators still create really fun stuff. But the fact is, that's all it is, it's really fun entertainment and nothing more.

There aren't many fantasy novels that can really make you think.

At least if you write hard sci-fi then you actually have to know your science, and if you know your science, you might come across some problems that the science puts to light hence the entirety of Cyberpunk genre so I guess that's the reason.

Now when I think about it, fantasy writers tend to ignore logic and consistency for the sake of "rule of cool" me included, which is fine, don't get me wrong but as I said will never create anything more than entertainment. And in that way it does it job, but it's just sad to see that there aren't many writers who actually decide to work more on their creations by reading up on actual real events/literature from other genres etc and getting inspired by it.

I have nothing against the entertainment that those writers provide us, I love it, but still, a non-normalfag man can't live from entertainment only.

This game is a great buy for 9$ or less assuming you get the GOTY addition with all content. The NEMESIS system is shallow and doesn't get going fully until about 3/4 of the way into the main scenario missions. At this point, you've accumulated the bulk of your power and you have to be retarded or really unlucky to die. Due to this, the nemesis system isn't really worth the trouble. You can just roll in between the perks you unlock and the runes you can use and merc whoever you need.

The Bright Lord dlc makes things a bit harder, but its mostly the same shit. You do get interesting scenarios the first few hours once you can brand captains. I had to stop an execution on a bridge which seemed pretty bad ass until I accidentally killed the orc I branded.. The issue is once you're over that novelty, the game is either over or you're so stronk that you don't need to indulge. Its not very long or deep unless you're chasing achievements. Also be willing turn your brain off if you're a LOTR lore fag.

Come on my man, theres retarded, and then theres that shit.

Those are some /k/-ish popcorn series right? I'm not well versed in those things, but I don't tend to look down upon people that like popcorn literature unlike most of the ivory tower /lit/zens (that will never browse Holla Forums anyway). I mean, a writer shitting out that much content will sacrifice on the quality and artistry of their writing, no way around it. But not everything you read must be Dostoevsky. If it is fun it is fun. Cicero trilogy is good stuff

I get where you are coming from and that is how I feel with 99.9% of vidya. But fun is fun be it a book, anime, vidya or anything else. When I need to think I will go read a classic or good non-fiction, they will still be there and there are still people pouring it out once in a blue moon. Still, yeah, sad to see the potential of things like fantasy literature, vidya and other things being "wasted" like that.

lord of the rings is the last good thing to have come out of hollywood

Sigma force I'm only in the second book, basically I can describe it as "Delta Force except it's usually two operatives and they've got super tech"
Reacher at this point is kind of like softcore erotica for me, it's like having a fetish for large muscular dudes except you want to be the muscular dude rather than just wanting him no homo. I like the idea of some dude just wandering around america getting himself into trouble and sleeping with a bunch of women and reacher is pretty much that.

The problem with vidya is that in 99.9% of cases it is made by people who aren't really skilled enough to make art, or even have enough knowledge to create art. The best vidya is still only the best entertainment. DOOM was created by a bunch of people who wanted to make something really cool, and it was. But who considers DOOM to be a thought-provoking experience? The only thinking involved in DOOM is thinking up with a strategy of how to kill demons most efficiently.

True. I absolutely hate that kind of extreme elitism where people will refuse to watch/play/read anything that isn't deep enough. Fuck I watch moe in between more serious series when watching anime. I read authors like Sanderson in between reading Orwell.

Maybe it's the same with fantasy, it's rarer but it still happens from time to time. Maybe the problem isn't that there isn't enough good writers, maybe the problem is that they weren't given enough time yet?

You compartmentalize and dominate the leaders who then dominate lesser ones.

That is a very pertinent question that everyone at (((literary criticism))) and history of the arts wrestle all the time. Some of the classics and things we take for granted as western canon were not considered that special at the time they were released. The historian is a prophet looking backwards and all that. I don't think any modern work of fantasy literature has the clout to become a classic even with the gentle push of hindsight, but I genuinely believe that some vidya have this potential. But I think it will take a couple of decades for hindsight to be able to elevate our readings of them properly.

Example: to me, the more time passes, the more a game like MGS2 become deeper. Considering the times it was released and most importantly the times we all lived in after its release. I'm not talking only about the obvious superficial stuff like mass surveillance and the hubris of the information age (webm related), but also about the more nuanced things, like the entire game being a meta-commentary about sequels and franchising in general. We live in a decade where Disney shits out the same movie 2-3 times a year and this shitty pretentious game from 2001 was already make fun of us for swallowing that shit. Anyway, I'm happy for the opportunity to sperg out my autism, carry on anons.

I need to finally finish Metal Gear Solid 1 and play the second one. I mean holy shit that speech.

If you like Magic Realism you should check out Haruki Murakami.

How do you feel about the opposite, user?
I mean (((game critics))) pushing a game like undertale as an underappreciated historically relevant artistic gem and all that.

The only good part of Metal Gear Solid 2 was all the shit at the ending. Everything else is just infinite cutscenes/codec calls and bad gameplay.

Crossposted from /tg/

Wasn't me, and no degeneracy intended.
My tomboy fetish meshes poorly with Lotr orc lore. If anything, orc females are ant-queen like bloated monstrocities that shit out babies by the dozen and eat the runts, kept in massive rape caves for industrial-scale breeding Really not my cup of /d/, I'm just autistic about Lotr lore since childhood and xenobiology since researching biology.

Alternatively, orc females are basically males with different plumbing, and that's it. No dimorphism to speak of otherwise. That would raise some questions about their biology, because human females trade off a lot for that baby incubator in their gut, both in terms of physical and mental strength. Maybe orcs lay eggs or some shit. Or they're like masurpials, so they don't spend too much time and energy nurturing.
If I were Morgoth, I'd design my cannon fodder that way. Just have the females shit out a bunch of half-developed, semi-transparent blind whelps a month after mating, stick them onto pigs or something for nurture and send the females back to breeding or into the fray with the males.

For how much shit the noble savage orcs get, I much prefer them to this fuckery now that I think about the logistics of it

Webm mildly related, it's what you would do to Talion after you find him.

Any sort of female orc would clash with Sauron and Morgoth's thematic purpose as the local Satan figures.
Their entire shtick is that they cannot create anything, and instead warp already-existing things into twisted parodies of themselves.
Elves become orcs, men become villains, etc.

Do you often like to watch hardcore sjws that advocate for talking about progressive issues in videogames and white privilege?

Tolkien claimed to know little about Bombadil, saying that he thought some thongs should be a mystery even to the author.

you have no idea what you're talking about

That said, there are fan theories that Tom is Father Time or some kind of musical spirit. Partially due to his only speaking in metered verse.

Have you read how the sequel is supposed to play out?
The first one could've been nonesense written by Tolkien on drugs compared to what the second one has in store.

He's right.

An user in a thread so old I dont remember which board it was on said Tolkien was working on a sequel to Lotr where Aragorn's descendents struggle to rule in the face of rising tides of moral decay, but stopped because it was too depressing.

That would be interesting to see.

Once Aragorn takes over isn't that largely the end of magic in the world or some shit? Who wants to read a story without any magic creatures in it? I don't care about stupid humans.

The one thing I could never understand about Tolkein's works, especially in the light of the advanced metallurgy available was where are the damned guns?

More or less. Bearing in mind that Middle Earth is our world in eons past, I think that type of story is as much a logical followup to Lotr as it is understandable for Tolkien to have given up on it.

So what's arguably the best TW game and why is it Third Age

I meant LOTR

Waiting or gamesworkshop to drag them out of the closet and stitch them to Tolkienand Moorecock in their Frankenstein of an ip.

Games Workshop really has been the only ones to do a fantasy setting right, even though their specialty is fucking up good things.
I always get triggered why most fantasy series have full plate armor even though to make it you would literally need to be able to make guns.

I tend to agree.

Also Gunpowder naturally balances out magic :^)

Did they or did they not have matchlock firearms in the 14th century? And was it or was it not the 15th century before proper plate armor was introduced?
The metallurgy techniques required would have been learned from making firearms first, the only way for there not to have firearms available yet the technology to make proper plate armor would be if everyone was autistic and decided not to make guns inb4 someone mentions Autistic Feudal Japan

"By about 1400 the full harness of plate armour had been developed…"
medievalwarfare.info/armour.htm

"1380 - Hand guns are known across Europe.
1400s - The matchlock gun appears."
pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/technique/gun-timeline/

just because guns were invented before plate (or at the same time if sources are correct) does not mean plate was invented because guns were. Sage for OT.

If you have the industry and the technique to produce one, it would make since to have the other. Full plate is really complicated.

Nigger they used cannon in battle along with firearms before the 1400's, earlier than the use of plate armor. As said if you got access to plate armor, you damn well have access to guns.

He's right though, Btongue wants social justice in games. He hates that its predominantly made by white men.

So it's like that final scene from that terrible Last Samurai movie, except with wizards instead of nip knights. The age of wizards came to an end with the advent of automatic weapons.

c

Polite sage because my phone shit the bed here

This is where it gets tricky. In theory, yes it does. But then you get games that just don't handle it well, like Arcanum. I've also never found a D&D ruleset for gunpowder that balanced magic but then again thats D&D.

It all comes back to Warhammer if you want guns and magic.

^this, watch his blade runner video

I haven't made much of a connection with any of my orcs since they're so easy to kill, the only one's I'm worried about are the poison ones

The saddest part of the story was Ratbag's death.

Unless it's cast iron pieces of heavy but adequate hardware, you need advanced metallurgy for funz, which is also required for the full plate armor. One smith might be producing armor, and a different one in a different town making the guns, but the same metals are used in a lot of parts. Long and short of it, if you have guns plate armor is around. The barrel was formed around a mandrel, usually.
t. historyfag