Was anyone surprised by this?

Was anyone surprised by this?

Given how every single villain in every single Persona game is a nice guy who helps out everyone but mostly stays in the background and is actually a twisted fucking psychopath, no

Literally Death Note.
Except L wins.

I haven't made it to a point where he's really relevant and had it spoiled for me anyway.

No, wanna know why?
BECAUSE THEY FUCKING MADE IT OBVIOUS IN THEIR FUCKING PRE-RELEASE PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL!

His last name was Akechi.
He was destined to be a traitor.

They just fucking traced Yagami Light.

They traced most of that shit.

Saying they just traced Yagami Light is like saying they've traced a j-pop star. It's a dime a dozen design. It's like saying that a game with skeletons has ripped off another game because skeletons.

So Midnight Animal is tracing traced traces?

You fucking what mate? Joker was a psychopath even before he put on the mask.

He can't be expected to know that. Persona started at 3 the same way Final Fantasy started at 7.

I'm gonna go mudo myself.

you're a funny guy, i'd share a beer with you if i liked beer.

He's speaking from a normalfag standpoint of how they view it. He's not being serious.

i know, hence why i stated he's funny.

I was honestly thinking it was so obvious it couldn't be him, but then it was. The pancakes thing went right over my head.

Somehow made it more obvious than Adachi.

I forget the exact name of it, but Akechi fulfills a very specific Japanese character archetype in the way he looks and acts.

I realized it soon after it happened. The word pancake is too dumb to miss.

I don't get it.

What character who joins your party as one point seems to be missing?

Seymour?

Not really, it didn't help that the game tells you that someone on your team ratted you out in the intro. They make him seem more out of place compared to the other team members with his confidant link starting and his awakening to a persona off-screen.

The twist is there is no twist.

Fallout 4 in a nutshell really.