Miiverse is ending

twitter.com/ShinyQuagsire/status/887123601056350209

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Edwardbrooking
sudomemo.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only thing it was ever good for was shitposting in Splatoon, at least we still have that in Splat2n

Someone post Miiverse screencaps
Come on, I know you faggots have the stuff

I can still log into Miiverse. Do you have source of Nintendo's official announcement?

Nintendo doesn't want miis in the Switch, plain and simple. Though I must ask, what do they have to fill the what miis did?

Or "niggers" as I like to call them.

Well, first of all, it was a board for white people only, but then black people, or NIGGERS, as I to call then, invaded and ruined it sonwe have to send them back into slavery.

Amibos that are custom made

Multiculturalism always fails.

What role did Miis really play user? They were some autistic idea miyamoto had been brewing since the SNES days but in reality, they didn't do anything, I think the only real reason they were a thing at all is because they couldn't make realistic looking human character models for Wii Sports so they settled on customizable Miis

They popped up in some of the games, and you could play as them. I would compare it to the xbox avatars, especially in how shovelware seems to love both.

That's really my point though, they had no real purpose anywhere other than an avatar for a user

Fucking around with public figures In Tomadachi Life is fun tho, gotta admit

The Switch still has Mii support though. Hell from memory I think you have to make or choose a Mii before you first start up Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Yeah Miis already have about as much prominence as they do on any other system, Miis don't have a dedicated app on the home-screen anymore but they still have a maker/editor on the system settings menu.

That sucks if they're really taking it down. I enjoyed how each game had its own little community, and there were a lot of really good artists on there.

Thus ends the last good thing Nintendo ever did.

Miiverse communities in general

Integrated Miiverse in games

Other

All in all, it wasn't perfect but it a pretty nice idea. I don't the idea of asking for in game help from other users on Miiverse worked out though (from the original E3 2012 promo video). While a per age daily post allowance would have helped keep the young folks filtered down.

It was a fun ride.

It's like Nintendo loves making and erasing communities like sand castles.

Miiverse shitposting was the only fun game nintendo developed themselves in the past 8 years

It was doomed to fail. I mean how can it be expected to be successfull without on-disc DLC tied to overpriced cheap plastic statues? Where is the forced artificial scarecity to drive up prices? How many useless overpriced plastic docks that scratch the thing you dock into them were produced for Mii-verse? None?

Its like Nintendo wasn't even trying with this shit.

they wanted people to get on to it and talk about games and get new people going safely, problem is it brings nobody new, and there already is facebook and twitter for that. will miss drawing stuff though.

Literally everything, that is why it was so entertaining.
We still don't know why Metroid can't crawl.

Does this mean original Splatoon won't have drawings anymore?

what a bunch of faggots

F

Their purpose was to be a simplified avatar for the users of the game. Some games though went the extra mile and made them more enjoyable than they should have, plus the limitations of the editor let people create bizarre shit like the Mona Lisa one and it made their popularity explode.
I really liked Miis, I just wished more games would incorporate them in ways that were fun.

Does anyone have the screencaps of that one guy who just bought games to comment on the aesthetics of the water?

F
DO YOU UNDERSTAND LIFE?DO YOU?

Mario WiiU was his name. Here you go.
miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Edwardbrooking

ha ha

It was meant to be a social media network directed at a very specific audience: those who played Nintendo games. Sure enough, most didn't actually post on topic or got into frivolous and awkward fights because most users were 10-17 years old.

Even mentally.

Splatoon 2 is coming out
You know what happens to console multiplayer games once their successor is released, right? Especially if said game is on a dead platform.
Splatoon won't be around at all anymore in a few months

Wait are they deleting all my Game and Wario shitposts?

Black people, or niggers as I'd like to call them.

sverigedemokraterna 2018

I made this for badge arcade
and it got deleted within five minutes

Clearly it's because your retarded ass drew a mouse, not a rabbit.

F
Goodnight sweet prince.

That's for online multiplayer games. I still have split screen multiplayer games from Atari to PS2 that work just fine.

Ah well. Miiverse was fun while it lasted. Still sucks that Nintendo is pushing it's community onto other (((social media))) platforms. The only way I can get my in-game screen shots now is through (((Facebook))ΔΊ.

Anybody have the "Take it back Samantha pic?

That video would obviously be a lot better if he was playing Feels So Good.

What song is he playing?

It's the classic "Who Can it be Now" by Men at Work.
I think it's truly an undisputed masterpiece, and a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about agoraphobia and the desire to isolate oneself from other people, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Saru's great

shitposting in any game could be pretty funny. but yeah splatoon really took full advantage of the concept. saving the images is a pain on the switch though. it was so easy to just check your miiverse account and collect everything you yeah'd

use an sd card doofus

What a shame. The most fun I had with Super Mario 3D World was doodling stupid jokes at the end of levels. Nintendo never lets fun things last very long. They didn't want to pay like 3 people to police the communities I guess.

Nintendo is so fucking dumb. Shitposting on Miiverse was one of the best parts of the Wii U. Especially with the messages in a bottle in WWHD.

Shitposting on miiverse was basically the 3DS's only video game and one of 2 video games on the wii u (the other being splatoon).

LOOK AT ALL THAT DIVERSITY. IT'S OVER, MICROSOFT WON.

One of the most recognizable sax riffs and it even replicates the tone pattern of the sentence "who can it be now".
Woodwinds are really underutilized in contemporary music.

I did save a plenty, but they are a bitch to find nowadays. Fuck, I remember where some guy admits jerking to a mii or another willing to date and gayfuck Marth.

Now this. Fuck me.

Fuck, I couldn't get Doc Louis' Punch Out

There's an alternative server for Flipnote Hatena - but the community that uses it is largely furries.

Pls stop reminding me. That shit was my entire middle school life

I don't care, tell me what is is.

sudomemo.net/

Pictochat is local, though.
The online requires a monthly subscription fee, I can't recall any microtransactions at the top of my head though.
Fuck everything else, though.

Surprisingly active for something that absolutely no one cares about.

Yeah, on hardware 7 years or older, which might as well mean dead. I have a lot of good memories fucking around on it at swim meets.

As for Flipnote 3D, the details seem a bit complicated. According to Kikepedia:

A coin is required to perform most activities on Flipnote Gallery: World, including posting a comment or downloading a Flipnote. They are also used to rate Flipnotes. They also are required for posting Flipnotes. Users may add as many coins as they want, based on how much they like the Flipnote. Users are given a very limited quantity of Star Coins. These are required to add another Creator to a user's Favorites, and can also be added to others' Flipnotes. Flipnotes can be posted using either a regular Coin or a Star Coin. If Flipnotes posted using a regular Coin don't receive any Coins within 30 days, they will be automatically removed from the service. On the other hand, Flipnotes posted using Star Coins will remain on the Gallery indefinitely regardless of whether it has received any Coins. There is also a section of Flipnote Gallery: World called Nintendo DSi Gallery, wherein Flipnotes transferred from Flipnote Hatena may be viewed and downloaded. This gallery is free to access. Users can participate in the Flipnote Gallery: World community as either a "Creator" or a "Collector." Creators make Flipnotes and post them to the gallery, while the role of Collectors is to find high-quality Flipnotes and help them become popular. Doing particularly well in either activity provides an opportunity for users to be granted a free 30-day pass to the service.

So, to clarify, it does have a monthly subscription, but with strange caveats about being able to "earn" the next month's subscription for free and a retarded limit on the user's ability to upload, download, favorite, and comment.

nooo

F

We should go around miiverse telling them about Holla Forums. Some top shitposters right there, beats ragnarok forums back in the day.

I have faith in Nintendo. The fact that they made such a great platform is hope incarnate.

Makes me want to work for them.

The mii's in these pictures are the cherry on top.

nigga please

Also dumping what i have from miiverse

What the fuck did we ever do to them? Really?

Dood just make a swap doodle thread

Saddest anime ending

that's how people with Alzheimer die.

That is, if you don't get reported.

SM3D World fart jokes where the reason why we needed Wario on that game.

Have an OC of mine.

I can relate to this, my sister loved flipnote hetena, she spent so much time trying to make her notes good. I loved to see the cheesy fun. Nintendo has always been really cheap with it's consoles (i'm guess that's what took them soo long to to understand online.gaming).

Why even bother making a community if you're just going to pointlessly uproots it before the console has even completely dies.

Does anyone have any funny ones?

MIIVERSE

I remembering seeing one miiverse poster whos posts were almost nothing but smash 4's Zero Suit Samus' ass and that I thought that this miiverse poster was the ass autist from 2-3 years ago and the ass autist was a crossposter for both miiverse & Holla Forums shitposter. I can't remember the user's name. Doe anybody know what I'm talking about?

Is killing miiverse in favor of faceberg/twatter an attempt to curb shitposting because they think it will improve accountability, or just nintendo being lazy shits?

Now we know why the new console is called Switch. It literally is a switch in every sense of the word.
Expect Wii U titles to appear on Virtual Console soon.

That's what I'd guess. The whole system isn't integrated with jewpanese dollies at the foundation so they're just going to scrap it and put as many hooks into a new system as possible.

Nintendo

Man that robot on the motorcycle sure showed that crippled coon in the wheelchair

It's just Nintendo yet again realizing they have no idea what the fuck they're doing when it comes to implementing social functions on their consoles. I thought after three goddamn generations they would have figured it out by now, but they haven't even gotten past the friend code stage yet. Expect every single higher-up at Nintendo to die before they come to their senses.

Also, while I'm posting does anyone have the webm of Spongebob and Patrick navigating through Miiverse posts?

What happened?

Actually, I heard Virtual Console is just going to be straight up dead, the new president is as retarded as that one guy from sony who was all "Why do people play these old games, they look so old!"

wew

Mentioning other consoles on the Miiverse forum is grounds for getting banned. Even if you're praising the WiiU in the same sentence that's a ban. You could say "PS4 smells and WiiU is the best console of all time" you'd still get banned for mentioning a competitor's console on Miiverse. While that's just the tip of the iceberg, that should give you enough info to deduce why it's shit.

Holla Forums likes monochrome squid drawings and shitposting.

Free VC games are one of the hooks for getting paid-online for Switch.

It looks pretty alive to me right now, OP.

Can you use imgur on Switch? You could on Wii U. But that's the shittiest thing about screenshots on Wii U, you had to stop your game entirely and go to a browser or Miiverse. But itsn't there a dedicated button for screenshots on the Switch?

There's a dedicated button for screenshots on the Switch, but you're forced to upload your screenshots to Twitter or Facebook. There's no internet browser, either.

All of them look like Shadman art, but not completely disgusting. Would probably fuck the chick with the cyber arm

you can also save them to a microsd card

oh definitely

i still have that and the bill cosby rap saved on my old dsi.

You know as shitty as xbox as an entire brand is, at least each console has had more features than the last, and hasn't ditched good things for no fuckin reason. The switch is a goddamn unfinished embarrassment and they have the balls to cut services for older devices as well. Time for that third nuke.

on my way to best buy, gamestop and other fine retailers to purchase an xbox one video game console

Why can't Metroid crawl?

First Club Penguin now this

Never forget, Nu-tendo can't into fun anymore and will pretend it's a happy go lucky company when it has to advertise to normalfags. Every time I see Reggie's racemixed visage I get slightly more disgusted by the amount of shit they can get away with.

Got rid of the home menu for a shitty Windows 8 menu

It's not really that hard when the Xbox never had any features to cut

You don't even keep the games, though. Last I heard, you only get to play the "free" games for a month before they swap for others.
Doesn't make the paid online worth it imo.

I love how all 4 yeah Miis and the poster of the twin towers battlefield have 0_0 eyes.

With Hitler, Charles Manson,Bloody Mary, Lenin, Vlad Tepes, Lucrezia Borgia, a Skinhead, Moonman, Someone who looks like a walking benis.

What?

Americans

Probably an Ohmibod.

xbox would have cut USED GAMES and implemented always online DRM for local single player games, but they had to backtrack on everything because of the backlash and of how piss poor their sales were. they even took back requiring gold for netflix.

this just shows the direction microsoft wants to take gaming and shows why they should never be supported as a company.

orgasm from pee denial?

Fairly sure the story here is that she was 'hypnotised' and given the command that she would have a huge orgasm whenever she drank water.

You're doing it wrong stupid.

Do you need to be reminded what happens when you support a company that wants to wring you out for all your worth, even if they decide it to be not profitable to do it all at once? Remember the backlash paid mods received? All of sudden Steam and Bethesda backtrack on it for a few months and 'lo and behold, it's back.

Isn't paid mod bullshit literally only on bethesda shit? Creator's club or some retarded shit like that? I distinctly remember it being blown way out of proportion.

Building up communities and then demolishing them is what Nintendo LOVES. At some point they'll just nuke the whole company and the execs will cum for entire months out of the excitement.

This fucking hurt for some reason.

fuck it's been almost 4 years already?

she just had a seizure because she momentarily forgot she was allergic to water. Nothin to worry about, shell be fine.

Hmm, Art Academy or Comic Workshop? If the latter, then the first or second one?

What did they mean by this?

My sides never truly recovered from that thread.

holy fucking shit