This is a PSA: The Wii U has just updated

This is a PSA: The Wii U has just updated.
All you anons out there using Haxchi or the Web Browser exploits should know 5.5.2 fucks with the web browser. No confirmation on whether or not Haxchi still works on 5.5.2 as standalone, however.
Source in pic related from the Smash 4 Modding discord, this update should be rolled out tonight by Nintendo.

I thought they threw that console by the wayside

No fun allowed goyjin

Wow. I'm playing BoTW on it right now.
Isn't it fucking weird how they updated it nearly after 2 years, and a few months after their new flagship? I would be like updating the Wii to 4.4 during the Wii U era.
Does this actually optimize it or is it "Miscellaneous fixes" like the 3DS.

I'm using Coldboot Haxchi and I'm also curious on it.

Oh, wait. My FW is 99.99.99, is it still gonna try to update? I should look.

PSA: Don't buy children's toys unless you have children.

My little sister likes to play pokken.
Recommend me some Nintendo (or Wii U emulatable) games for her to play, she is 8.

my dick

pretend

Even if ironically never post it again, faggot

I could throw my entire folder of >>>/reddit/ images and it wouldn't be enough.

Probably only getting patched to try scrape some extra Switch sales off Wii U users that were otherwise pirating multiplats like Pokken, BotW, MK8 etc.

Nintendo sure has some nerve trying to "fix" a console they dropped like a retarded step-child. Did they really need the extra 3 sales this will generate?

What are you? An SJW or something?

They just want to ruin the fun of anyone whos' buying them for 30 dollars now.
Anyway, cool story time- - The pawn shops around here actually update computers and consoles before selling them. So fucks who waited to grab one dirt cheap will always end up on the latest firmware, as opposed to buying it used from a gamestore, while costing more – is always on the oldest firmware, they never update.

Purely the wording used.
Also, defend Discord ever again and I'll bully you.

Lets see how fast the new exploit will be. Would be hilarious if they get past Nintendo in about a week and continue as if nothing has happened.

I think I'm on 5.1.3 or something. I don't recall updating. I blocked all the update URLs in router when I started using Loadiine and I eventually started using Haxchi. Should be fine.

But we already splatoon, she hates it because she's terrible at it.

pretend it's a good console?

Come on user, don't act like goons do with a anime. It's just a silly little image.

When are the retards at the big N going to understand that if the consumer didn't buy the game in the first place, they don't intend to buy it at all. Jesus "Henry" Christ.

Besides, if they're smart enough to pirate, they smart enough to avoid it. Unless someone else did it for them and they're a complete normalfag.

At least she likes a real game.
My niece is same age, can't do squid jumps in splatoon, doesn't get the concept of going the wrong way in Mario Kart, and her mom just bought her Just Dance Disney 2 and she loves it.

I have failed.

Well I fucked up. It auto updated right after exiting a snes game and did not know how to stop it. Damn. At least I found out my 3ds is not banned from online, and I got all the games worth while on the wiiu anyways.

Nintendo has a right to tell thieves to fuck off.

TRIGGERED

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THAT TABLE.

┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THIS TABLE.

┻━┻ ︵ \(`0`)// ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES

ಠ_ಠ Child. . .

ಠ_ಠ Put.

ಠ__ಠ The tables.

ಠ___ಠ Back.

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER

(•_•)

Well it did take Nintendo ages to act against piracy. And NOW they update when the console is no longer economically relevant? Smart.

So is there a way to hack a WiiU and setting up Coldboot Haxchi on 5.5.1 without having to update?

You should have seen a pop-up saying "The Wii U is ready to update. Okay?" waiting for you to rey At that point, you should have pulled the plug in the console (Literally). Start it back up, and immediately change the system settings.

It's more likely Nintendo still has a skeleton crew working on Cafe OS who just happened to push something out just because they're still being paid to do something so they might as well

Go back to reddit and stay there.

Rude

Rude