Why do video games have different voice actors repeat the same lines that multiple NPC's say instead of just having...

Why do video games have different voice actors repeat the same lines that multiple NPC's say instead of just having them record new and unique ones for each NPC?

Examples would be Fallout, Skyrim, L.A. Noire, Dishonored ETC

Using the brain to think of new unique lines for each character is too tiring for those vidya that go that route, they go the easy way.

because all of those games are absolute garbage. and you should feel as depressed as kike cucklasa that you even bothered playing them.

Mission accomplished?

The actors get paid by the line, as I'm sure everyone knows, but what you probably don't know is that repeat lines usually come at a lower pay per line in the contract. This is supposed to keep big shot faggots from storming in, repeating everything everyone else already recorded and leaving with 100 times the money, but all it really did was make games where 1 C-list, sometimes B, celebrity voices 3 minutes of dialogue and the rest is interns or people with so little range they might as well be interns.

Don't they spend less money the less the VA says?

I mean, really, compare the emperor in ES4 to this. I guess I can't blame him for not sounding interested in Oblivion AKA the most bland game of all time but it's like no one even tried with that shit.

You can have unique audio that is the same filesize as generic audio you know.

Could have stopped there.

Nigger what? I'm sure Rogue warrior is more your type of speed for video games

Because it's cheaper, and the only people who care about this have aspergers, me included.

Sometimes I think it's just an honest mistake.

same reason they make games:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

for it to happen in so many games and franchises i think not

Raditz and Nappa also share lines, though more frequently than that through various parallel quests.

I think that's true but it's far less noticeable than the Trunks-Gohan example.

Count me in then.

i blame people who blast their shitty methods full of buzzwords so they can sell training to companies who eat this shit up to start crapping out min. effort min.cost overpriced shit

Because in real life people greet eachother the same way, mostly.

So the ideal solution is no voice acting at all. Gotcha.

In the case of dishonored, NPC chatter was kinda fucked from the get go with their idea of procedurally mix-and-matching bits of dialogue. I imagine them recording said bits with different VAs was their idea of variation.
It was one of the things Dishonored 2 fixed.

That bullet list is the biggest pile of horseshit.
So being a waffling fence-shitter is a good thing? Be decisive from the beginning or you've already failed.
Because fuck polishing or testing a product, right? Fuck due diligence. Fuck responsibility. Just shit it out and wash your hands of it like a fucking communist.
These are all completely meaningless sentence fragments.
This isn't even language.