Rimworld Thread

Recommended modlist

recommended mods:

You'll need HugsLib for most new mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28066.0

Mods that make the game better without strictly changing vanilla's design

> Vanilla Friendly Weapon Expansion ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31526.0
> A Dog Said ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29310.0
> Improved Surgery ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24975.0
> Cheaper Components ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19068.0
> Chemical Extraction and Neutroamine Crafting ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26108.0
> DESurgeries ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22120.0
> EDB Prepare Carefully ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0
> FashionRimsta ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24432.0
> More Vanilla Turrets ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9521.0
> RBSE Lite Edition ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28731.0
> RT Solar Flare Shield & Fuse ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11272.0
> Simple Sidearms ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32497.0
> Realistic Nights and Darkness mod. ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=23244.0
> RimFridge ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32980.0

New Biomes

> Cave biome mod ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13172.msg133446#msg133449

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!PpAxBZ6I!CpwWQFUqhLJoghCzdc4Kr4x1tYeRCl7_lZTIyQCwudc
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13172.msg133446#msg133449
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31045.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29602.0
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726244033
github.com/FluffierThanThou/FluffyBreakdowns/releases/download/v0.17.1.0/Fluffy.Breakdowns.rar
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14711.msg153939#msg153939
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34213.0
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=964388988
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26967.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0
rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Infection
loverslab.com/topic/81306-rimjobworld-rjw/
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34112
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27580.0
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=960237962
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26077.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26623.msg269336#msg269336
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19068.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16120.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17218.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33693.0
instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=rimshot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I haven't played since A16. Finally got around to vetting my outdated mods.

What kind of music do people listen to when they play? I usually keep it ambient or chill hop kind of stuff.

I have a couple of music mods installed, they're breddy gud

Anybody got a copy of A17?

mega.nz/#!PpAxBZ6I!CpwWQFUqhLJoghCzdc4Kr4x1tYeRCl7_lZTIyQCwudc

>ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13172.msg133446#msg133449
This looks awesome, but could be an infestation hellhole?

I've never lasted long enough to get an infestation.

Thanks

Okay so I thought I was doing okay but now I ran into a problem that plagues me in every game like this. I am un-creative as all hell and I have no idea what so ever on how to build my base or where to put anything and advance further so I'm stuck, Also I'm running low on food again and my pier ran out of fish so I can't fish anymore.

rice growing zones for unending supply of food

why the fuck are there so many wargs down here

this
potatoes are shit, find fertile soil and plant rice in it
build multiple fishing piers for more fish

My current game has a bug. No trading can occur. When I tell a pawn to talk to a local trader or to an orbital trader, they walk up to the machine or person, stand there for a few seconds, and then walk away. The dialogue box never comes up. It's just this save file; if I start a new one, I can get the box again.
HOW THE FUCK DO I FIX THIS.
I really don't want to lose this game. I'm nearly five years into it and it's my most successful run ever. Is there a way to check for bugs or wipe… I don't know, caches maybe?… in the developer tools?

Any lines coming up in the debug log when you try? Mods? Might be fugged up

I should have suggested in the old thread that this mod get added to the OP: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31045.0
It adds red, yellow, green, and blue planning tools, as well as the original grey. It's a small thing, but it makes a big improvement. Instead of just planning the shape and size of rooms it lets me plan down to the specific layout of furniture.
Ignore the [A16]; it works in 17 though you may need to change the about.xml file.

Thanks, Now is it possible to save a colonist?, because just now one of them got kidnapped because the raiders with sticks and bats started tanking bullets and running super sonic before my colonist had a chance to get away

Add the allow tool you nigger

Sorry user, I was in a rush making the new thread last night and forgot, that's why I was asking anons if they had any mods that deserved to be in the Op

Does anyone else experience a sharp spike in the number of raiders sent after the fourth or fifth one?
I'll often jump from two niggers with clubs and a dude with a pistol to full nine-man raiding parties with armor and weapons. I'm new to the game so am I just retarded?

They'll ask for a ransom later so make sure you got a lot of silver in a stockpile for it.
Apparently in the past you also needed the silver to be in range of a powered up trade beacon, but that may've been fixed ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29602.0

for me its usually a mortar squad that fucks my shit up on the 3rd or 4th raid

Thanks user, My whole experience with this game is me encountering problems before I can do anything fun, It's just been one problem after another and it's only gonna get worse won't it?

Any way how do I use power cables properly when my power source is outside the base?

Encountering problems is the fun, user.

Also, what do you mean? You hook up cables to the source and whatever you want to power like normal.

disaster management and survival stacks in rimjobs to produce a very shitty experience where ANY misstep is lethal

It's almost like crashing on a planet full of niggers is a difficult situation to get out of.

its almost as if you tried to excuse badly implemented game mechanics with lore

Random blights are pretty bullshit, I agree. Hopefully disasters get expanded upon in the future so they aren't just random events and they're actually related to something.

Funny you should say that, My batteries short circuited on me 5 times in a row and then blew up when my colonist kept trying to put it out and now is injured. All I want is for Kay to have one good day with his cake lover Valkyrie, Kay works way to hard and he deserves it

>Also, what do you mean? You hook up cables to the source and whatever you want to power like normal.

I was wondering if there were an easier way than going around everything, but I guess that'll have to do user, thanks

they wont be because thats outside of the projects scope aka mods will fix it™
blights, burning stone walls and RNG based PLAGUE will still be in by release IF a release ever happens

Oh god, I hope not.

Uh, if those batteries are outside, they need to have a roof over them or else they explode in the rain.

That's what I was trying to do user, The nutrient paste dispenser directly to the left of it had a roof put over it but wouldn't let the batteries have one

Just post a screenshot already, dude.

I did user, see
Also I just remembered that the person who got kidnapped was my researcher who was just about to start researching hydroponics, and fall just started, This is where it ends

Why do batteries suck so much? What is the point of even having them if they just randomly lose their charge and blow up some wires like every other day? I'm really sick of having a group of eggs at like 90% ready to hatch and then my batteries blow and they freeze up immediately.

I guess I need to have a separate loop for my heaters or something but it really makes me ask why I even have batteries to begin with.

Turn on the roof view, it's the house button in the lower right corner.

Yeah, I wish that rooms would at least take a little while to go back to the temperature they're supposed to be once the heater turns off/a wall gets destroyed.

I just discovered that a second before you posted, And now some supposedly friendly AI from my past says they have a ship off this planet and all I have to do is meet them there, But the only AI I know of was who Feeb used to call "Mother" and I won't leave until I can some how rescue feeb. What a hot mess I'm in now

There's a mod out there that lets you set switches to "Emergency Power" mode, so they automatically connect when the rest of the circuit runs out of power, then stay connected long enough to charge back up once supply exceeds demand before disconnecting again. I keep a room full of batteries connected to everything else by those switches just in case.
There's also the fuse mod to mitigate Zzzt!, but it didn't work when I installed it in A16.

emergency power sounds perfect. It's honestly ridiculous that the only Zzzt! solution outside of mods I can think of is having a separate heater hooked up to its own personal power source.

Now my solar panel generator just broke down, This is just getting more tedious than upsetting anymore

Are you playing on Randy or something?

fluffy's breakdowns mod is good for that
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726244033

No, I was playing on cassandra normal so that I can get a hang of the game, And sweet where did all these niggers come from?, They only said like one or 2 visitors were coming over

I'm playing a pirated version user, but thanks anyway man

user…
github.com/FluffierThanThou/FluffyBreakdowns/releases/download/v0.17.1.0/Fluffy.Breakdowns.rar

Oh, Thanks user

>Raid!
lord have mercy

That's enough Rimworld for today,

I wish the best of luck user

There's only one thing you can do for him now, user.

So, what is the best zombie mod? I'm mostly interested in mods adding more monsters to butcher and use their leather and meat, not so much about infection and shit like that.

The Ferals in Rimsenal have zombie-like humans grown in vats that you can butcher for human meat. I like to salt it and use it for stew.

I believe I have most Rimsenal mods. I want good original creatures or more lovecraftian mods.

I won't abandon my colonists, yet at least, Is brain surgery an option?

in some mods they are.

They add AI chips to fix brain damage.

Yeah, but it won't be easy. Do you want to feed him for months/years until you figure out brain surgery?

They're not totally brain dead, They just lost 60% of their brain and are slow as all hell at doing things now

hello

i am playing an older version

there is no way to remove the bodies but through graves

the bodies keep coming faster than they can be buried

it never stops raining

ok thankyou

What do your power grids look like?
I sometimes think that I go overboard, but I don't get that many Zzzt!s despite the amount of conduit, and it's not like I have a shortage of steel.

But it kind of is. The steel for these cables was mined by hand from the ruins of older settlements.

thank you mad boomrat, thank you :')

I wish I had even 1/3 of your creativity user so that my base might at least one day look decent

There's nothing creative about that base. With a few exceptions there are only two important kinds of rooms, circular ones for growing and storage, and 4x5 rectangles for living space. It's the exact opposite of creativity.
It doesn't even all fit together properly, because for the first half I wasn't really planning far ahead.

When you simplify it like that I feel even worse because that's still a thousand times better then I'll ever do

How do you make a "creative" base, anyway?

Yours looks pretty nice, very organized. I like your garden, but what's that other stuff by it? Do you only have to worry about raids from that entrance to the west?

I usually spend ~30 minutes planning out my base into the midgame before I unpause. One problem I found I ran into my first couple of games is that I would build myself into a corner, where I couldn't expand in any direction without fucking up something I had previously done (solar panels, cooling systems, farms, etc). I find it useful to start with a large room that first serves as a cabin for everyone, which you then build off of and eventually convert into a rec room. Bear in mind the routes that your colonists will eventually have to take to cart everything around, so I always place my farms right outside my freezer

pic related, my current fort.

Deleted post because I saw how far the convesation had progressed once I read the thread and wanted to write something relevant

If you build it right, then you can funnel attacks into certain areas. The AI doesn't like to go through doors, so if you leave open a killzone with some sandbags or something to slow them down, then they can be killed off by your colonists/turrets. I play with a lot of mods, so I have to make extra rooms. On the top left is my battery room, with some fuses in it to make short circuits less painful. To the right of that is a robotics bay which holds 3 hauler robots and 1 cleaner robot. That frees up my colonists to do real work. Next is two workshops, and then I have a bunch of coolers surrounding a central open-roofed room which serves as a chimney. That way I can keep my cooler protected from tribals who seem to really hate air conditioners. To the right of that is my item storage. In the center I have a tech center with labs and a comm. center, to the left of that is a shooting range. In the middle is my rec. room, dining room, and kitchen. On the bottom is my infirmary, (which is currently occupied by a bunch of infants) my residential rooms (the empty ones double as prison cells. Having nice rooms boosts your chances of recruiting prisoners, of course if you just want to harvest their organs a 2x1 cell is plenty) On the bottom left is my managers' room, I plan on eventually expanding the ornamental gardens and perhaps making some kind of throne room.

Don't beat yourself up user. Play the game, identify problems as they come, and if you need to reroll, do so. This is probably my tenth fort.

Sage for doublepost
If you're talking about the things just north of my farms, that's my mineral scanners and a sewage treatment machine for my bathrooms. I forgot to plan out a decent area for them, so I had to just cram them where I had initially planned to build my barn.

don't be creative. or stop
just make your fort efficient let the function of rooms give them shape. if you really wanted a creative fort your would have rooms scattered around your base with colonists of different class/jobs living in them. you would find the best shape of room to maximize happiness and minimize walking distance to kitchen/work further minimizing distances between stockpile and production centralizing hospital beds in rooms of maximum cleanliness and beauty to make sure your colonists get their in time and will not go stir crazy while there all when managing the economy of the room.

current base is in major growing pains due to some unexpected unroofed areas i found fucking up my pattern and with a colony this size i cant have some of my colonists walk for a half hour of game time to go get food or go for mandatory joy time so next one i'm going to probably go for the distributed living areas plan i stated above. biggest issue is going to be food thew. can either make multiple kitchens or have distributed stockpile zones haven't decided witch thew as i will still have to ship food from where ever i get it to the individual dining rooms. might build a new base on this same map or move to a different tile or start from scratch.

Infestations?

For me it's not just this game, it's every single game like this from The sims,Minecraft, Terraria etc I always get stuck when it comes to the part about creating but funnily enough I seem to be able to make a decent defensible base in rts and strategy games

Maybe you're just a talentless autistic husk of a man.

I already knew that user

Try smoothing mountains and hills into workable shapes.

Try and smooth this dick into a workable shape, m8

Any good locations for mountains user?, at the rate I'm going in my current colony I wouldn't mind starting over

I don't have any specific seeds or coordinates to recommend, but I think a good bet would be a mountain tile in a temperate forest biome.
Temperate forest usually has a good growing season and decent wildlife for hunting. The temperature is rarely dangerous as well.
I tend to pick tiles with marble and granite as the main rock types, since granite is the hardest of them and thus good for defenses, and marble is the prettiest and is easy to mine.

In general a good tile to practice on might look something like this. A caveat, I don't know how much the proximity to other factions affects raids and caravans, so this particular example may be at a bit of risk.

Disgusting/10. The most efficient way to mine is in 9 tile-wide areas with a single tile of rock left for support between them.

Is this a good way to contain a mad boomalope explosion and fire? It's downed and will die in 20 hours.

should be fine

How do I into imagination? It feels like my colonies always end up with the same basic pattern, and it's not even a particularly efficient one.

Do something you haven't done before.

i'm not mining rock i'm looking for ore and a strip every 3rd row lets me peak into every fucking tile you dim wit
as for the room/prison i'm working on more rooms do to growing pains i cant do shit to drag a fucker over and actually get work done i have to feed the fucker and with the size of the base fuckers piss half the work day away walking to work and for a fucking lunch break. and so b4 i make enough rooms/beds i opened up my prison rooms for colonists and if you notice prisoners recruit easier if you give em a bit of art.
honestly i didn't give a fuck about the working of the windmill wanted to build a ship to send some fuckwits into space. and all my other wind turbines are working fine.
sorry i don't have the sterile tile in my rec room but if i'm investing into the beauty of a room may as well make the fucking best of it.

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14711.msg153939#msg153939

God damn it.

Bully my shit base

What's with that random collection of rocks north of your storage?

Oh, yes! I don't know why I didn't think to check.

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Barry, Job=UseCommsConsole A=Thing_CommsConsole1294880, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.TransferableUtility.TransferAsOne (Verse.Thing a, Verse.Thing b) [0x00000] in :0
at RimWorld.TransferableUtility.TransferableMatching[Tradeable] (Verse.Thing thing, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 transferables) [0x00000] in :0
at RimWorld.TradeDeal.AddToTradeables (Verse.Thing t, Transactor trans) [0x00000] in :0
at RimWorld.TradeDeal.AddAllTradeables () [0x00000] in :0
at RimWorld.TradeDeal.Reset () [0x00000] in :0
at RimWorld.TradeDeal..ctor () [0x00000] in :0
at RimWorld.TradeSession.SetupWith (ITrader newTrader, Verse.Pawn newPlayerNegotiator) [0x00000] in :0
at RimWorld.Dialog_Trade..ctor (Verse.Pawn playerNegotiator, ITrader trader) [0x00000] in :0
at RimWorld.TradeShip.TryOpenComms (Verse.Pawn negotiator) [0x00000] in :0
at RimWorld.JobDriver_UseCommsConsole+cIterator42.mBB () [0x00000] in :0
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in :0 lastJobGiver=, curJob.def=UseCommsConsole, curDriver=RimWorld.JobDriver_UseCommsConsole
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Why the fuck would there be an exception thrown YEARS into the game like this? I've added (and removed) none of the mods at any time during it.

And the same for a local caravan.

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Barry, Job=TradeWithPawn A=Thing_Human1479375, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.TransferableUtility.TransferAsOne (Verse.Thing a, Verse.Thing b) [0x00000] in :0
at RimWorld.TransferableUtility.TransferableMatching[Tradeable] (Verse.Thing thing, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 transferables) [0x00000] in :0
at RimWorld.TradeDeal.AddToTradeables (Verse.Thing t, Transactor trans) [0x00000] in :0
at RimWorld.TradeDeal.AddAllTradeables () [0x00000] in :0
at RimWorld.TradeDeal.Reset () [0x00000] in :0
at RimWorld.TradeDeal..ctor () [0x00000] in :0
at RimWorld.TradeSession.SetupWith (ITrader newTrader, Verse.Pawn newPlayerNegotiator) [0x00000] in :0
at RimWorld.Dialog_Trade..ctor (Verse.Pawn playerNegotiator, ITrader trader) [0x00000] in :0
at RimWorld.JobDriver_TradeWithPawn+cIterator3F.mB6 () [0x00000] in :0
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in :0 lastJobGiver=, curJob.def=TradeWithPawn, curDriver=RimWorld.JobDriver_TradeWithPawn
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I turned off all of my trade beacons and the dialogue returns! Now I can turn them on one by one to see what can't be sold (and just delete that motherfucker). Fuck's sake. I think it's one of the uninstalled beds.

Bingo, that was it. An invisible uninstalled bed with no data attached to it. Deleted that and everything works again. Thanks for the troubleshooting help, user. It's amazing what you can fix on your own when you just have another person to bounce the idea off.

This is why Rimworld is good. Because it's in the Dwarf Fortress tradition of "losing is fun!" As an added bonus, it keeps the normalfags away.

My hunter is an unapologetic homosexual who has a constant mood debuff from trying to sex my chef, what do?

Install the Mrgafauna mod and feed him to a terrorbird.

Purge all faggots.

Real answer: make sure their schedules don't overlap. Night Owls only want to work at night, but normal pawns don't mind working at night. You can keep pawns separate through their schedules.

Install the mod with industrial heating and toss him into an oven.
Toss everyone who has sex into the oven. Wizard only colony.

weird, dunno how an uninstalled bed got bugged

Anyone tried the Gas Trap mod? Gonna give it a spin. Now you can have a proper gas chamber!

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34213.0
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=964388988

is there any way to hunt animals without risking the lives of my people?
like can i leave a bit of meat as bait and surround it with traps?
i don't have the resources to test this

No. Your best bet is hunting only small animals that are unlikely to kill anyone.

Use lots of guns

2nd year of Zombieland mod, started a growing zone for blazebulb to craft incendiaries, plan to forest fire the horde that's been gathering and killing raiders and caravans to the East, then repair the walls of the ancient danger that's been damaged over time by the fighting.

The colony's very stable, food's a bit low cause volcanic winter's slowed the crops, occasional trips to the walls with bows and arrows to clear the hordes that gather to the West and South.

It was a little mountain a needed to get rid of so I did a checkerboard pattern since I didn't know if it was big enough to collapse or not. I'll get rid of them when I expand my base upwards.

Just need 1 block to cover 6 blocks around it, it'll look funny though (1 block in a weird position holding up an entire mountain).

Wish there was some way to get rid off overhead mountains.

Uh, are all those zombies piled in a death-orgy to the east?

Why not let it break open and potentially release mechanoids to fight the zombies?

Yeah, there are a lot of zombies stacking over there, when a caravan comes by and starts poking them it becomes like pic related (sorry I don't have the webm)

I've actually not had any mechanoids yet, would be interesting to test how well they deal with the zombies.

Finally, all the pieces are in place!

Any Italianfags know if polenta is any good? Am I being monitored?

It's not
But since you are a burger, you will love it anyways

But why should I believe you, user?

The mechanoids will be absolutely overwhelmed by the massive deathball you have stacking up on all sides of you.

Also you need to have some sort of fallback position incase the zombies ever breach your perimeter, secondly you should have embrasure walls in a pattern like this

[Wall][Wall][Embrasure][Embrasure] [Wall]
And so on, but make sure theres two wall on both sides not one.
This will make sure your colonists can hide behind a wall and peek around through an embrasure for maximum "wew good luck hitting me faggot" value.

Can you give me a link to the first 3 mods user please?

Does anyone know of an easy way to make circles (I'm planning on making a circular base) without resorting to looking up charts intended for Minecraft?

Make circles in Minecraft so much that you instinctively know how to make circles out of any arrangement of blocks.

To all anons having troubles with the game.

Have you thought about cheating?

The debug mode is really easy to activate and work with, and noone would never know.

>Have you thought about cheating?

Yes I have and am close to doing so

It doesn't get THAT bad.

Raining lightning strikes down on everything that causes me problems is pretty nice though.

If you have some self control then you can do so, onlyy for the biggest extremes. This game is like the Sims in that regard, where it gets much more fun while cheating.

That's a lie and you know it.

Only when there's a grenade throwing faggot that nobody can seem to fucking hit and he's fingerfucking his way through my beautiful walled city just for the fuck of it. Or mechanoids against only a handful of tribals, I refuse to let them take me that early.

There's a mass grave mod for newer versions. Otherwise, do you have a molotov or incendiary launcher in your versions?

You could give them a Zoroastrian burial too.

Do any of you anons know of a goo armor pack and robot mod that aren't those badly textured roombas?

Is there a way to make a food dispenser or something to make people get food from the fridge room without needing to get in?

I want to make a proper restaurant for my colonists.

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26967.0
Industrial Rollers mod?

FACTORIMWORLD

Tried it and never managed to figure out how to work properly.

Also, should I make a section of the map just for sleeping rooms or make sleeping rooms divided by sections and jobs? One for cookers, other for doctos, other for farmers, etc.

RIMFRIDGE

My cow just got pregnant from her own son.

By default there shouldn't be any incest in the vanilla game. You used mods, did you?

No mods, it's my first time playing this game. Some time ago a cow and bull wandered onto my map and decided to join me, I slaughtered the bull for meat and decided to keep the cow for milk but the bull had already gotten her pregnant and she had 1 cow and 2 bulls. Now they are grown up and the 2 bulls have impregnated both their mother and sister.

I was under the impression incest checks were turned off for animals.

Looks like something from my Sims playthrough.

So, is there any update to the lovecraft mods?

Rimworld was a surprisingly good Lovecraft simulator.

Can any anons give me a reason not to use the psychology mod?

No, search for them on Steam

I think it's incompatible with the zombie mod, but besides that I can't see why not.

Why wouldn't you? It's one of those "mandatory" mods that just makes shit better with no penalty.

So, some unforeseen things have happened while mixing mods. Rimjobworld+Misc Robots++ leads to robots being created that have a sex desire, but no organs with which to satisfy them. My poor little roombas are going to go crazy.

Upon further inspection, the cleaning bots (and only the cleaning bots) actually do have a bionic penis and anus. I assume it looks like pics related.

Also, apparently the colonists like to get rough when they rape the raider I imprisoned (even the supposedly pacifist doctor) on the downside, that raider's life is now shit. On the upside, constant low-risk training for my medical staff.

Be careful, they can easily get raped to death if you have beatings turned on.
You may want to go into the Defs and tweak the thresholds.

That doesn't sound like a downside to me, user.

I tried before to make a amazonian female tribe that would enslave males, use them as sex slaves and castrate them, I had mods like the sex mod and care less for prisionors but all they would do is beat the males to death and get HIV/STD's as much as random fire from lightining appears? If someone is not HIV or has a STD then where does it appear from? What the heck? Isnt that how it is in the real world? How can you get HIV if neither partners have it to begin with. Shouldnt it show up in their health box? Also girls with dicks when? I guess I'll get back into this game and try again. So what are some essential mods? Where is this game going anyways, I heard they were supposed to change how characters look but did that ever happen and is .17 the latest?

"The Environment"
Also since Rimjobworld has bionic penises, I think I may see if I can install one of those on a female.

Uh….. I cant find the link to download realistic darkness? All it says is see file attached but fucking where!

Yeah, you have to sign up for the forums for that, sadly. I got away with using a 10 minute email address.

I got the files but apparently now my game wont even start up, all I get is a black screen when I added the mods to the mod folder.

debug mode -> tools ->Addheadiff ->
Implant or AddNaturalPart to add a peanus on a woman

I believe the mod has multiple settings. Do you only have one of them?

With that command can you have more than one set of organs?

I have a couple.

This is what happens when I try to upload any folder into the mods folder.

Well, post those tits and I might help you.

Here:

Oh. Wait. Well, I'm not satisfied, but a deal's a deal.
I dunno what's up with your winrar, but make sure you're only unpacking either the Realistic Night and Weather folder or Realistic Night and Weather Lighter V. Just one of those. Don't bother with the forest density stuff for now. If you can't unpack it directly into the folder, try doing it onto your desktop and copying it into your mods folder.

I tried doing exactly that and when I extracted the mods I still kept getting that error no matter where I tried to extract to, so I deleted all of it and redownloaded from the file attached from that fourm and still keep getting that? Is the zip supposed to be the All helpful mods bot.7z? cause thats the one I used and it seems it isnt working at all.

Anybody else tried a solo colonist run now that self tending is a thing?
I've been playing this one for awhile and its been pretty fun, any time a wanderer joins I have them operate on my character to replace fucked up eyes or bitten off toes or whatever else and then euthanize them.
I realized pretty quickly that I had to rush research of penoxycyline production because every time I got a disease it would grind everything to a halt for what felt like forever.
Thankfully these 2 cows that randomly joined have made food a complete non-issue since they produce 2 meals worth of milk a day so I can focus on doing things besides planting and harvesting food all the time.
My only problem so far is that I've been using turrets as tanks to avoid permanent injuries but its making me burn through components and steel since they're so weak, are the plasteel ones worth spending all day going over to the one plasteel spot on the corner of the map and spending ages mining it with my low ass mining skill?

Does she have a exoskeleton?

Yeah its from the enhanced vanilla rimsenal mod, I don't usually like mods that add new weapons and armors and stuff but this one seemed to fit in nicely with the rest of the game so its the only one I have.
It increases work speed by 10% and movespeed by 1.20c/s which is nice when you only have one person that has to do everything, but I had to sell like everything I owned to buy it off a trader when I saw it.

make a corpse freezer and let your dogs eat the dead.

Wow they even got nice waifus with mods. What in the world.

8/10; would treat with thorazine, et. al. and fug

Her traits are cannibal and bloodlust and shes wearing human leather clothes for dat mood boost.
That grave to the left there was actually her sister that joined randomly as a wanderer, I almost decided to just have 2 colonists instead because of that but I figured I'd gone this long solo why stop now and had her euthanized.
Still it didn't feel right for her to butcher and eat her own sister.

Disgusting

Couldn't you just have released her?

Is this still the most current version? The official forum fucks me off every time I check it because it doesn't have a releases thread.

What are some methods for curing torso infections? I've tried things like cleaning the infirmary, restoring a lost kidney, and simply letting my doctor administer 3 normal medicines, but as much as I try to compound the three mentioned treatments they end up dying, do I just have to give up and give them luciferium?

It's because their kidney is fucked. Their blood filtration is going to be ruined forever and that's going to slow the curing of infections.
Basically, you should harvest their organs while you still have time.

Use better medicine and force them to stay in bed. Those two things have the most impact in general if there's no massive organ trauma. I'd recommend vivisection.

It was the event where a wanderer joins your colony immediately, and as far as I know theres no way to release colonists.

Also go juice withdrawals are a living hell to deal with solo, I'm having to manually get her to eat all the time because she waits too long to to it automatically and gets downed from trivial malnutrition and can never get up after that.

To let a colonist go without killing them you build a tiny cheap little hut with 1 bed near the edge of the map, set that bed as prisoner, arrest them, then leave the door open.
At some point they'll notice the door is open, they'll stage an escape, and will leg it out the door off the map.

Yeah, need that 2nd kidney, blood filtration by kidneys plays a massive role in how fast colonists gain immunity against infection, also keeping them in bed, keeping them well fed, using hospital beds, adjacent vital monitors and a high grade of medicine (and probably the doctoring level of the guy doing the tending)

The unwell colonist is always in bed and fed with simple/fine meals on time, but unfortunately I'm quite low on medicine and don't have medical beds or vital monitors yet. Pic related is the doctor.

Age also counts a bit too, but that's uncontrollable, the further you get over 40 the slower you'll be at building immunity.

If you got the Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering mod having Synthetic Kidneys (and Synthetic Liver?), and 12 sets of Medical Ribs massively boosts your blood filtration such that even a bone old guy over 100 can fight off infection. ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0 useful if you have an extremely long game and basically never want your colonists to die of old age (don't forget to replace the heart with a synthetic to also stop heart attacks and other problems that come with old age).

Hm I didn't think of that, good idea I think I'll do that if any more of her relatives end up joining.

Only herbal medicine? rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Infection
Aside from really micro managing her, putting medicine and food stock piles right next to the paitent's bed and drafting your doctor right next to her so that they don't even have to move to tend+feed her so that there's as little downtime as possible between tendings, there's nothing else I can think of atm.

Could harvest a kidney off a fellow colonist and stick it in the infected patient, it'll be like borrowing, you'll get a mood debuff for harvesting, but it might work.

Have you cracked open all the ancient ruins yet? If not crack one open and put her in the ancient cryptosleep caskets in there until you can get a couple glitterworld medicines or whatever you need.

Just wanted to see if there are any over-arching reasons not to use it. Thanks for the reply

I didn't have any medicine in storage, but luckily there was enough Healroot ready for harvest nearby that I could make normal medicine from the gathered Herbals. The kidney transplant was actually what I was doing but I guess I wasn't doing it quickly or cleanly enough.

I opened one ancient ruin so far, and it had two caskets in it, but unfortunately I deconstructed them for the steel very early into the game. I might be able to find one more casket but the structure I suspect to be the ruin is very small, about 6 blocks of interior at best.

I think she's going to make it now, and I didn't need to resort to luciferium. I don't think I'll ever neglect medical research again.

I bet you she still dies at 99%
The game does that to me all the time.

is RJW for A17 made yet?

Yup, I made colonist Holo the Wise (with red hair and dog ears) and gave her some monstergirl (cowgirl, foxgirl, catgirl and slimegirl) companions.

So far it's going great, she has a nice little base in a natural, fertile valley next to a river. Sorounded by mountains, so very secure.

loverslab.com/topic/81306-rimjobworld-rjw/

Sorry, but she lived, and thankfully too as she has 17 in intellect and 15 in shooting.

I picked flatlands to shake things up since I always make mountain bases and infestations would fuck my shit up if I only had one colonist.
Having no choke point to funnel enemies from all sides into sucks though, I'm just thankful that you can reinstall turrets so I can place them on the side the enemy is coming from.

probably should've checked there first
thanks

Fucking forums are so lame!

Actually I keep getting the same error I got from realistic darkness. Any fixes? for either of them?

On a scale of 1-6, how much do you hate fags? That's the only reason I can think of. It's still flimsy.

I think it's just your PC, mate.

As long as they aren't in arms length of me we're gucci.

How do I fix it? Other mods work though.

Sometimes full uninstall and install work for some errors. Or just renouncte to use the Darkness mod.

dunno

No more child soldiers, then?

There are fags in the base game. They go straight to my furnace room every time I see them. What does the psychology mod do to augment this?

Easier to tell who's who by way of that kinsey scale thing. Anything above zero is temp in hundreds.

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34112

Is there a mod to make harems?

Not that I'm aware, and dunno if the Psychology mod can help enable that.

It seem they can still equip some weapons.
I have no idea what the curve is though. I have a six year old using a machine pistol with no trouble, but a ten year old couldn't handle the SMG.

Oh fuck yes. I love that scale. It’s total bullshit, but if it means more fuel for the fire then I’ll take it. Thanks.

Oh, on that topic. Do lovers ever fight? I have a married couple and one has taken a lover. Will they ever “find out” and start fighting/hate each other permanently, or anything?

lewd

Thats clearly a giraffe feet.

Is there any way to make colonists prioritize nutrient paste over other foods? My only capable cook died and the only replacements are too slow to pump out meals before people get hungry and grab whatever, so they keep eating raw stuff, instead of using the dispenser that is not far from the fridge.

If you've got your cook (or animals) taking from / interacting with the pile on the hopper, I think it temporarily disables the nutrient paste. "The resources is already in use" kind of logic, similar to how only one person can build an object.

Otherwise, I dunno.

just disable your cooking station or whatever, only leave the nutrient paste dispenser+hopper active

Yes. Every combo you can dream of.

I once gave a female Lamia 3 different dicks by mistake.

I usually pick temperate forest flatlands.
Seems like everybody defaults to mountains.

I like having lots of wood and room to build. Plus, since growing and harvesting wood is cheap, I can usually have a big walled base by the time cave players get their first rooms

it's a hell of a lot more fun when your colonist punches the scyther in the throat and destroys it and then when you think that it's dead you get a fucking blade through the throat

I can see the appeal in that. Having at least a little mountain is nice though.

I've been considering a flatland temperate run-through though. I always go tundra / boreal, so I can't really ranch non-carnivorous animals at all (carnivores live on raider corpses). Running an alpaca / cow farm seems like it'd be comfy. Being able to farm bulk trees seems comfy too.

Is there a way to have less settlements of enemy factions? I just find pretty weird there are so many cities when I'm supposed to land in an isolated planet.

is there any actually good Dorf Fort clone with Z-Levels?

is that picture real?
was nobody tough enough to just grab the squirrel and break its back?

Don't think so. The only other one that I can think of that isn't TOTAL shit is Keeper RL. But it's more like dungeon keeper than dorf fort. It might not have z levels. I can't remember.

Those teeth aren't just for show user

I think I chose the wrong terrain to settle on, I never had a snowy season before and what not, I always stayed on the rain forest place where it was always nice and warm. Are all my girls gonna die from freezing?

some heaters, a solar panel, and you'll be fine

and batteries

I forgot to ask, when a Caravan comes by they have these white/blue buffulos with them that carry a shit ton, I managed to get like 4 of them trained at my camp but can I do the same so they can carry my shit?

What do after i extract all available metal to get metal, im getting close to running out? Also what are the best vanilla weapons?

Why are flash storms allowed? That shit just guarantees to put your entire map in a fucking fire and theres NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!

Put a three tile wide layer of concrete floor on the outside of your walls or anything else valuable.

But user, you can pray for some rain.
Worked for me at least twice :^)

any mod or way that can make combat and not total RNG bullshit? if you have a guy with lvl15 shooting (99.6something percent) and a railgun with 99.9% accuracy why is it that it hits maybe one out of six or seven shots? or why can LMG bullets be going 90 degrees out of the barrel? i'd ask if anyone had that one combat realism mod but if I remember correctly it added a gorrilion different types of ammo and firefights became a thing that i would actually dread because of all the micro-management during and afterwards.
just ranting tbh. the one thing that i truly hate about rimworld is the constant RNG that you can't do anything about.

Yeah I hate how you can have a shotgun but if some guy with a club runs up to you, you would probably miss and then drop your gun and become incapacitated.

Most of the times I've got dry thunderstorms, they turn into rain after a while.

Thats why your supposed to have your entire group focus on whoever is charging (1 at a time) so you riddle him with bullets and he dies quick before switching targets. Im pretty sure the ai always targets sentrys in front of your colonists as well.

also shotguns are shit

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27580.0 for the random death chances.

Combat realism can be changed to turn off guns' ammo needs.

As for people being entirely inept at using a firearm, remove a limb or an organ for every miss. Or get a target practice mod.

you are a good person and your waifu loves you

If my guy has a constant -10 pain debuff from an old leg wound, should I amputate it and replace with a pegleg?

Up to you, is it worth the medicine, chance of unfavorable surgery, and the 60% efficiency of the peg leg?
Just have them drink a bear a day and it'll counteract the pain's mood debuff.

Aren't there mods to fix that with surgery?

I didn't know about that, link?

I'm pretty sure it's one of the ones linked in the OP.

Deep drill can get you a shit ton of steel, but it's finite
as well. The game will constantly scatter the map with steel slag so you can smelt that shit for steel, but it's not very much. The best way is to buy all the steel you can from bulk traders, especially the trade ships, you can get about 1000 from each passing bulk goods trade ship, also buy all their components. Make sure you're mass growing some money crop to sell back so you can break even or even turn a profit, then you'll be rolling in metals.

Yeah, when you try to assemble a Caravan of your own Muffalo and Doomdremdeescdbjj(sp? Those camel things) will increase your maximum mass capacity so you can take with you and carry a load more things on your travels.

Combat Extended is the best thing since sliced bread, makes combat magnitudes more interesting to play, although I agree ammo can be a hassel to deal with, it's a trade off, does make it more realistic and you have to consider which loadouts you wanna bring to face each enemy (HP for hunting, FMJ generally, AP for armored enemies, EMP (good for mechs) VS HE (good generally) VS Incendiary (also good generally, great for Thrumbos causd they run around trying to put themselves out of fire instead of at you, potential forest fire risk, excellent on desert or ice biomes) but you can turn ammo off in mod options if managing ammo becomes too tedious.
Really looking forward to the Combat Extended Artillery mod v2.0.

Not to mention that shell fragmentation on HE is so delicious.

Oh, and you can't get miniguns anymore in CE, but there are so many guns of all types to choose from it's not a real big issue, rather, Centipedes got a massive buff, don't give them a second to fire their weapon, shower them with EMPs and make sure you've got great cover, Centipedes that get a chance to fire are horrific.

This. Stone external walls and a corridor of at least three tiles of concrete or other non-flammable flooring will keep the fires away from your base. Though this is only necessary because the chance that someone is too much of a little bitch to put out a fire is something like 50%.

assault rifles are a decent all-rounder in vanilla

They also continue to be a decent all-rounder in Combat Extended, renamed "M16A4", sharing the same ammo type as the basic auto-turret, (5.56x45mm NATO).

Start a second colony on the neighbouring tile and send one or two miners to set up temporary housing near a few deposits. Ferry the mined goods back and food forth with muffalo and haulers. You can also send the muffalo out to pasture while they're there and save on a bit of food for them. Alternatives are the deep mining drill, raids, and trade.
Assault rifle is a really good all-round weapon but the pump shotgun and heavy smg is better for indoors.

See, I download a mod that lets you make moats.
I make a moat around my camp.. Fire can't cross water/mud.
Fuck you, fire!

I usually go assault rifles as standard, with chain shotguns in reserve for if the situation calls for it.

I think heavy SMG's are considered decent too, but I never tend to use them.

Chain shotguns are preferable in my eyes to pump actions. More rounds with slightly less accuracy can dish more damage than the pump. If it's a shotgun, it's CQC anyway, so may as well go all in. I think against large targets (bears, centipedes, etc) it's better too. More likely to hit multiple shots.

Miniguns are good too, if you've got a trigger happy or hopelessly at shooting colonist. Plasma are the ideal when / if you get a kill-box, but the assault rifle still holds a place of relevance due to its better range.

For melee, I think plasteel longswords are the best. I've found maces are kind of alright too though, for beating down escaping prisoners without as much chance of straight up killing them.

I have
As my mods. Pretty sure that covers all the important parts. Is A Dog Said really that important? I never really considered my animals to be worth doing surgery on and just offed them when they became more hassle than good.

You are forgetting the allow tool user

MORE LIKE RIMJOB WORLD LOL!!! HAHAH!!!!!

That's a mod already user

I haven't gotten around to using it yet and have gotten by fine so far, although I don't use animals for combat, only hauling around the base, as caravan carriers (dromedary and muffalos) or harvesting FSX (boomrats/lopes). The worst my animals get are heart attacks from old age.

Did you also get Combat Extended Guns mod along with normal Combat Extended? steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=960237962

Some more mods:
Notifications Archiver is helpful if you want to jump to the location of some notification but don't have the notification available anymore.
Hand Me That Bricks can make constructing more efficient as haulers will carry resources to blueprints.
As well as Cooks Can Refuel, cooks refuel fueled stations.
^ Those can all be found here: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26077.0

The I Can Fix It! mod is really helpful as destroyed buildings leave behind construction ghosts so you don't have to remember what to rebuild where when parts of your base get destroyed: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26623.msg269336#msg269336

More Trade Ships makes Trade Ships less rare, if you want that, the same author also programmed the Cheaper Components mod which does exactly that, helpful if you're making a truly massive base and want to lessen the headache of finding more steel for components: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19068.0

Fluffy made a bunch of useful mods worth checking, in particular Fluffy's Breakdowns which removes the random thing broke down for no reason event and instead introduces a new maintenance mechanic where breakdownable constructions need to be occasionally repaired to prevent them from breaking down. You can check out that and the rest at: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16120.0

And as mentioned, the Allow Tool is just a great useful mod that makes things a lot easier: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17218.0

Some more, heavier mods:

The Vegetable Garden mod adds a huge amount of content to farming and gardening: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0

Pawns are Capable! removes all incapabilites, and instead adds a bunch of new traits which give mood debuffs instead if a colonist is made to do something they would have originally been incapable of. Very useful in bad circumstances where you're stretched and that one colonist that can't firefight is just sitting there watching your base burn to the ground, or everyone is downed and your last colonist doesn't want to doctor, or you're left with non-violent colonists that don't want to fight that 1 last raider screwed up your base, now you can get those lazy colonists to actually help: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33693.0

Pics related is my mod list. Go through them, if you want.

This user's list is pretty good, although More Trade Ships broke my game and everything in Vegetable Garden just makes farming more of a nuisance rather than add actual interesting content. Your choice though

The max weight for children is pretty simple right now:
2.5kg + Shooting skill ÷ 10
A number of weapons like the bolt action rifle (3.5kg) can only be used by children with a 10 or greater shooting skill. You should get a message telling you they're unable to safely handle the weapon on equip though. Maybe I fucked something up last update.

Is there any ETA on a18? I really want to see proper vehicles now that we have roads. I want to have a “colony” that is perpetually on the move, Mad Max style. Slaughtering “raiders” (what kind of faggy raider settles down?) and terrorizing the towns all over the planet, stopping on a square only long enough to manufacture more fuel and increase technology to continue (eventually you get electric vehicles and can just power them on the go). I want semis that can carry tons of items, trucks that can carry a few (or a guy on a turret for protection), vans for pawn movement, etc. And of course you’d have animal trailers for the semis.

Lone survivor traveling Muffalo wool salesman, anyone?

There's no guarantee A18 will feature vehicles, but the same guy who made the Cthulu mods has an almost finished functioning vehicle library someone is already using for a truck/tank/apc mod. You can find it on github, it's called "Yes, Vehicles". Because the base library is unfinished it can be buggy, though.

Now you talk about the Lovecraft mod. Can you already use eldrich meat to cook with other meal mods?

Also, do all people fed with monster's meat get crazy? or is there a way to prevent that?

I upgraded mid-game, so they already had the weapons equipped. Thus, no message.

Never actually used the Lovecraft mods, sorry.

Alright, good to know. Apparently a lot of people from the forums are getting texture load errors which I'm not sure the cause, as I thought I already resolved those issues. But if anyone experiences them I'd appreciate the log file from when it happened. I think it might be a mod conflict since it seems to work without error on my machine.

If I use the debug tool Tool:Destroy under General Tools on a Poison Ship, will it properly remove the poison effect?
I just had one crash that was inexplicably immune to all my weapons so after wasting a couple dozen mortars and spending a full night showering it with assault rifles I had to use debug, and I want to be sure I haven't made things unrecoverable.

You could have used the 5000 damage command, but I believe just removing the ship also removes the global effect it causes.

The 5000 damage tool didn't work either. The 10 damage one did, but only about 8 times, then it did nothing. Likewise, Tool: Explosion (bomb) only reduced it to 91% and no lower, despite readily obliterating nearby rock.
Any attempt to damage it gave an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in the log.

Actually, looking closer at the log, it appears the Children mod could be at fault. This is using version 0.3a of that mod. If the creator of that mod is still in the thread it might be worth looking at.

scroll to the bottom of the debug menu and look on the left. there is a 'destroy' tool that instantly deletes whatever you click on, don't use the explosion tool.
the poison effect is just snow, pretty much, so if you destroy the ship and then use the debug menu again to replace the snow-covered tiles with dirt or whatever, you're golden

Yeah, someone else encountered this on the forum. I've fixed it in v0.3h. No fucking clue why "Notify_EquipmentAdded" is being called when a bullet hits exclusively the poison ship; it should only ever be called when a pawn equips a weapon.

Did the poison ship ever produce scythers/centipedes? Might that have anything to do with it?

I always lay the blueprints for what the colony will look like at around 25 citizens, including everything (so, trade zone, power zone, gun storage, misc storage, etc.)

It starts me off with higher path distance early game (more inefficiency), but max efficiency once half the base is around 40% completed and I have at least 12 citizens.

I can't stand letting them build because I see them as a gigantic resource drop.
I usually sally out and kill them all before they build too much.
Free metal everywhere.

It does, though I'm not sure why that would matter. It's fixed anyways, but I suspect whoever coded the poison ship part is using some class in a way that was never intended to be used how it is.

Rimjobworld in the mod list is red? Is the one from that sex mod site really the most up to date one for A17? or will it still work despite being red on the mod screen?

Hit them with a few mortars as they're setting up and, if you're using incendiary mortars should can disable enough of their guys so that they don't continue building the thing. Cause enough damage and they'll abandon the idea of building the mortar and rush your base or flee.

the one in >>13084856's link is up-to-date for A17 and works perfectly fine. if that one is not working for you, it's a problem on your computer, not with the mod.

Is there a mod that prevents the game speed decrease lock during combat?

Its not me I swear!

Just two blackbears, fucking in the middle of the kitchen. As you do.

Set zones for animals and don't let them go to your fridge. They will mess the floors and will eat all your food.

What's up with all the mudslimes crawling around your base?

He's European

An eldar, a mechanicum preist, an Astartes and a sister of Battle crash land on a plane together.

What ensues is unexpected…partially because the mod is WIP.
Turns out eldar, astartes and SoB are considered separate "races" and can't wear normal human clothes. So everyone except the priest - the only one to be generated with clothes - is running around naked.

Also, for some reason he one who holds the seremons to the Emperor is he eldar psyker.

Also also, the SoB is gay and the eldar is beautiful, resulting in a very tsundere relationship.

Don't put the butcher table in the same room as the oven. The butcher gives a massive hit to room cleanliness which directly affects food poisoning rates, probably. Ideally you should put down the sterile tiles in your kitchen as well as your hospital too.

NOT SEPARATING BUTCHERING ROOM FROM COOKING ROOM WTF
DO YOU ENJOY FOOD POISON

Holy fuck, why is it so hard to have my colonists to haul material or clean the damn place?! Jesus I cant them to do anything,
AND DAMN PANTHERS AND SNAKES KILLED MY ENTIRE YORKSHIRE POPULATION OF 15!!!!!!!! GET THE FUCK OUT MY BASE GOD DAMN IT!!!!!
Why can you go up to your own pet and slash its neck open but you cant do that to strange animals instead you shoot and miss from 50 yards away? How the hell do I schedule correctly what my colonists do and dont? And is it worth keeping your prisionors happy so you can make them work? I wish you could torture them so they work harder or dont run the risk like that guy from GOT that got his cock cut off.

Allow Tool adds an extra haul priority that sits above most other priorities, for those really important things, or stuff that needs to get the fuck out of the way right now.

Walls and doors normally stop wildlife from fucking around in your shit. Couple that with areas where your pets can get food they need and not wander around halfway across the planet where they can easily become chow for some cobra or timber wolf, and they're pretty safe.

There've been a few sets of priorities posted here and there, but mostly it ends up that there's a specific colonist who can do fuckall except cleaning and/or hauling. There's also that fluffy worktab, which last I knew added times of day that colonists would do a set of priorities and then switch whenever a new one would come up at different hours of the day.

Prisoners in vanilla are good for shekels or for harvesting. Most slavery mods that I'm aware of, I just blind them or remove most of their face to make sure they're aware of their position, but that part's up to you.

If you happen to have an interest in monster girls, the mod that adds them in RImworld lets them clean, haul, and mine.

Filthy (literally) degenerate. Speaking of filth, the doormat mod doesn't seem to work in A17. Worked fine in 16–kept ALL the filth out all the time–doesn't seem to work anymore.

Have you setup manual priorities? Set the job you want to 1, and everything else a higher number or nothing, and they'll have to do it. Also, you can change their sleep/work/joy schedule in the Assign tab (or was it the Restrict tab, can't recall)

I do have the numbers assignment set up from 4 to least important to 1 to critical importance. I use a slave mod where you can get prisionors to do some manual labor like tend to crops or mine. But still, even with the numbers they dont do exactly what I want them to, like they will only focus on 1 or 2 tasks and then ignore the rest for the day. Its a pain to figure out the "perfect" routine. And then then my slaves try to run away when damn animals make a hole in my wall for some reason. The hell?

It's:
cowgirls - milk
slimegirls - slime jelly (medicine)
drayads/centaurs - milk AND drayad hair
catgirls - cleaners
thrumbogirls - fighting monstergirl
dragongirls - fighing monstergirl
lamias - prolly good, milk and eggs
harpies - eggs
fairies - pixie dust (safe drug)

Come on mang, I like snek tits just as much as everyone else but they're for show, not for drinking.

Alright I'll bite but I only see for A16.

dont forget the korean mod for onigirls a17 and the a dog said patch designed for them
they make milk occasionally that counts as a lavish meal and valuable wool that you can sell if you need cash bad.

He mined out the entire map in a couple weeks and can single-handedly take on gigantic end-game raids. Every part of his body is advanced bionics except the brain.
So far I've been putting all the gays into a room with a bunch of coolers blowing hot air into it, but it can only seem to reach 180f so if anyone has a better idea please tell

Is combat realism really that better and worth it? Also theres a gas mod someone mentioned.

Yeah, honestly I'm really liking Combat Extended. The ammo management isn't nearly as bad as it used to be because you can make 200x shots at a time with the loading bench and everyone automatically reloads their weapons and refills their ammo stores. Only thing I dislike is the bulk system. Overall, yes, it's worth it.
Kek. Seems to only deal fallout poisoning but I'll give it a spin. Thanks lad

Room connected by vents with four stools in it. Set fire to the stools and watch the temperature break 400C. Works for infestations too.

Is there a mod where you can crucify people to scare raiders and stuff? Like Vlad or Dany? Maybe keep them alive while you crucify them? Also why do colonists seem to like lose energy after not eating food for 1 day? What the heck? People can go a day without food. Jesus. I feel hunger goes by to fast.

"pacifist" :^)

*ahem*
"pacifist" :^^)

I'll show myself the way out.

>>>/reddit/

instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=rimshot

Yeah, time is heavily stylized in RW. Combat is real time, everyone needs 8h of sleep per day, but you can build a house in 2 hours and a cow grows to full size in 30 days.

Well, my colony is still only 4 people.
Every single new possible colonist was either totally useless or warpouched.

Did capture one girl from the last raid that might be salvageable. (my SoB has beaten the poor girl unconcious, tough surprisingly barely a scratch on her. Methinks she was deliberately trying to keep her healthy)

First she was arguing with the eldar, then things cooled off, now she's attempting to woo her.
I'm tempted to install RWJ just to see how far it would go.

How do you turn off ammo in combat realism?

I wish that there was some good shit at these bases, like some prisoners to free or an arms room or something
they didn't have any silver or valuables, and no medicine but they did have like 18 fermenting barrels

mod options?

Where is that?

Go to Options → Mod Settings, click "Show Settings" to the right of the Extended Combat tab there's a tick box on the right under Ammunition called "Enable ammunition system"

Mod Settings should be the green button on the top right of the Options page.

Now I understand that picture.

So I got a nice base running so far though a blight might have ruined things, I dont really know what to do next besides research stuff… I kinda want raids but I am not really in a area with bad guys and I got tons of friendly tribes around me so thats good. But I dont feel like making enemies of them. My story teller is that random dude.. I also got 2 snake waifus roaming around cleaning and hauling for freeee. What should I do?

post pics

New thread soon I guess?

New thread