Annoyance

Things that annoy you and can even piss you off sometimes in vidya.

Unskippable cutscenes

Shit is like putting pineapple on pizza

RNG

What's wrong with pineapple in pizza? It goes well in a pizza with ham and blue cheese. Polite off-topic sage

When I have to press a button

Looking at you, FFX.

I bet you enjoy the new Fire Emblems, you nigger.
Faggots like you is the reason IS went to shit and makes gay casual shit.

Shit prompts in Quiplash. Makes shitposting with anons less fun when the answers are just bullshit because the prompt doesn't give any room for creativity.

I was obviously baiting you doublenigger

Be nice anons. Kiss up and go in the back.

What's in the back?

Dragon dildos 3 times bigger than a coke can.

Turret sections
Only Far cry: blood dragon has somewhat enjoyable turret sequences.

>And will never be nearly as strong as when you fought him

What's up with multiplayer RPGs, MMOs or otherwise, and the bow using class being the one every drooling retard faggot picks?

The game is fucking bugged, man!

Items, secrets or alternate paths you can only get if you know about them beforehand. Like you only get 1 chance to access them and then it's gone. For example, a platformer that has a section where you're forced to move extremely fast, then they put an extra life or something in a specific spot that you have no reason to be and it's only there for a split second.

Fucking everything in Doom goes totally silent past 50 feet or so, which is really fun when you have to deal with chaingunners that are miles away. Doubly so if you played back in the day and the resolution made them no more than a couple flickering pixels in the distance. Deus Ex is also great with snipers that can silently instakill you from across the map without so much as a tracer on their bullets to warn you.

Weird I was going to post this

Every day I think about killing myself.

I was blocking that! Un-fucking-believable!

The worst thing about Phil and LTG is the fact that they've had every opportunity to gid gud and just enjoy begin part of the scene but they pissed it all away. They're both shining examples of why begin an attention whore is a bad idea. Think of all the fun they could have had if they weren't such lolcows.

People who like archers tend to be people who like guns in real life.
Gun fetishists are usually morons.

I don't play MMOs but this sounds a lot like people that pick zoning/fire ball characters in fighting games. The entire play style is based around dealing damage while keeping the other player away from you. Anything you do will be called spam even if you're using a lot of skill to cover all parts of the screen and adapting to the patterns of your opponent. It's a legitimate strategy and most only play it because they know it's frustrating for the other player. A drooling retard picks it because they think they can spam to win, and they usually do against other retards. A skilled player is going to put a ton of thought into playing a class like that because he knows if he isn't perfect at zoning the other player he's as good as dead.

Subtitles are off by default when they should be on, especially for a game where the characters don't speak clear English or voice audio is very low compared to the the game music and SFX.

Looking at you Wargame and Company of Heroes 2.

I can't fucking stand it. Killcams, auto-combos, forced cinematic moments. I hate them all. I hate it when games force you to sit through a fancy animation every time you open a fucking door. I hate it when games force you to sit there and watch the same 8 second "DUDE GORE LMAO" killcam. I hate it when games are full of cinematic fucking setpieces where all you do is walk up to it and press A to watch your character do something all on their own. I hate it when games force your character to act a certain way, like how Amnesia tried to force "muh scary" by taking way control of the character and making the CHARACTER act afraid like it was some kind of que to the player that the player should feel afraid too.

Fuck every piece of shit game that has ever done this

This is because incompetant nu-male sound designers don't fucking understand the concept of 2.0 stereo. They mix the game for 7.1 surround sound, which ALWAYS sounds like shit when you're listening on anything less. Movies do the same exact thing. The voice track and the music tracks are mixed to go on different speakers entirely, but when you just fuck-it down to 2.0 without doing it properly the voices get totally nuked to shit by the music.

Gay Nigger's Boy Love Adventure

Same with poison.

Also

Doomguy could be using a clip fed pistol, you never see him reload it.

why do people do this

The jews are to blame.
They do this to mumble our jumbles.

Stopping the reload animation at the last bit completely cancels reload.

Is there a single game where inserting a new mag but changing to pistol before pulling bolt means all you have to do when switching is work the bolt?

The retarded mods in Holla Forums.
A couple of days ago I made a thread with the same topic and similar format to this one and it got deleted in about ten minutes. I just thought I had broken one of their moronic new rules, now I see this thread and it has been alive for like 12 hours.
Mark get your shit together you fucking kike.

The only thing that annoys me about video games is that they still exist

I have never played a single game with waxd movement. Just feeling it with my hands, I think it's a little better for backwards movement than wasd.

I'm gonna need more details on this.

this. mark has become such an ultra nigger it really just pisses me off. I played 100 hours of vidya across two weeks, finally found something in said vidya to talk about on Holla Forums that actually interests me and it was instantly deleted

You're the reason there's so much Waifutrash on the market

If they're going to give you something like that, at least give us enemies that would allow us to fully utilize the gear so that it's actually fun using.

Most FF games around that time decided to say "fuck buffs/debuffs just hit the enemy really really hard and heal if you need to", and it'd be a miracle if it ever affected the bosses. Whether or not you like the series, at least SMT/Persona made it almost mandatory to use buffs/debuffs spells and made them actually affect bosses.

Tales of symphonia comes to mind when you decide to keep Kratos instead of Zelos in your party.

I know that feeling all too well. The Classic Thief games did a good job at not doing this (prior to parts of 3 and all of Thi4f)

FFX was one of the worst perpetrators of this. Get near the end and to one fight in particular, and you're stuck in a 30 minute cutscene with no way of saving or skipping it, and if you die, you have to go through it again. Earlier FF games were pretty bad too, but you could just button mash to get through the scenes. Until the remaster, you couldn't even do that in X.

Any game that does that may as well be a movie. One of my many many complaints about Thi4f was adding shit like that where the originals (barring parts of 3) saved all the movie stuff for before or after the missions.

This is the sure fire way of recognizing a shit game.

Fuck FFX's Bribe, FF8's refine, any modern FF really.

anytime a melee class opponent shows up, he gets raped
my cousin sucks at vidya.

Always drives me fucking nuts. Not even when the slopes are meant to act as walls either. They're always in levels with rough, uneven geography, where some surfaces are just randomly nigh-unscalable. It forces you to either "feel" out the correct path and take the long way around for no apparent reason, or spend ages jumping and sliding around like a mongoloid until you finally manage to conquer this 5 foot tall incline.

no wonder fast travel is such a parasite in open world games

It really is everywhere in those types of games. Even WoW which had only the most static, barebones physics going on loved to make you slide off of absolutely everything.

There is a racing that does this really badly. It has some mechanic where if a car is behind you for so long, you automatically pull over because you get"scared". Fucking shit is retarded, make it super easy to crash cars so a car behind is a threat, not this forced bullshit.

PC games which use the Xbox controller. Or worse, ASSUME you're using an Xbox controller and give you onscreen button prompts telling you to push the wrong buttons, because of the Xbox controller's retarded layout.
(No matter what controller I'm actually using, years of playing with normal controllers make it almost impossible for my brain to connect pushing Circle/A when told to "Push B".)

What? B is fucking cancel/back on the xbox controller so it will never tell you to push circle/A.

That's because microsoft killed the controller market by dropping dinput and replacing it with xinput which is literally dinput but locked down to their shitty xbawks controllers. I'm surprised nobody took legal action.

You're both retarded. The parallel to A on a Sonygger controller is X, not Circle.

Ok

Bonus points if it causes you to lose the shit you spent extra time getting.

That should happen because the car behind is applying pressure (no not physical contact, psychological pressure) If you're going at you fastest and you can't shake the damn guy off behind you, you might try to go faster the next turn, taking it too fast because you cracked under pressure, but sadly racing AI is shit to even get to that point.
Watch this video, this is what I mean with perssure

Every time I convince myself I'm a good driver I remember how race guys are always so close to each other while going so fast

Ever since I first noticed it I started hating every game I play, 2D games especially suffer from this.

Just pull the camera back for fuck's sake. You can only make the game more enjoyable by letting me see more.

Most games are either zoomed in too much, or would be better zoomed back further.

or
FUCKING WHY

I think you miss the point of pantyshot simulator games.

Thief and System Shock 2 have it like that; W is bound to 'run forward' and s is bound to 'walk forward'.

Fuck off graphics whore

This is to encourage you to mess around with the settings to your liking.

That clearly looks like a mag to me.

It's a shaver.
Note doomguy's perfect shave.

lefty/pol/ hellow

I got that close to a friend once while racing karts at 80ish km/h
It felt awesome in both senses

You'd maybe be onto something if not for the fact that it's pretty much exclusive to the bow users. People with ranged magic or some kind of extended melee weapon like a spear are never as bad.

I've never seen prompts like this, where they from?

The post literally mentions the game

I know the game, Quiplash. I've still never seen "sponsored" prompts like that.

Save often user

No I don't fucking care if your walking sim doesn't require jumping, you have no god damn idea how annoying it is to feel rooted to the ground like this. Probably because you have so little experience playing first person games that you should have no business developing one.

timesplitters didn't have jump

It's good for the game it is. Jumping is useless if your game doesn't need it. Certainly didn't make Kings Field or Grimrock II any worse.

That's what killed it for me too.

Retarded morality system.

Kill your fucking self.

A minor little cunt of a thing that's always bothered me is games with overdone main menu screens. Bonus points if you have to exit the game to the main menu to make option changes and sit through a series of loading screens every time. I forget which game it was but it had a load before the main menu for some bullshit intro, a load for the main menu and then finally a load for getting to the motherfucking game.

Speaking of retarded morality, how fucked is Bethesda with theirs? Does anyone have the ghouls dindu nuffin comic?

I don't care what long winded, traditional RPG explanation can justify this, part of leveling up and gaining experience is feeling dominant over enemies that were an obstacle to you before. I want to feel like I'm progressing in developing a character, and getting stronger or more capable in certain skills should reflect that.

Words cannot fucking describe my anger at this absolute garbage counter-productive shit.

I swear here should be a report button automatically banning people that do that shit.
You ain't good, you are just a fag that doesn't know how to win a challenged without using cheap tricks

man, I hate when that happens.

You did kill all of them.
Also, some random looter on the side of the street shouldn't have the same skill levels as a fucking world-famous/infamous adventurer.

But user you did it. You finished the game. The game is over. Go outside.

I fucking despise all these methods of in-game exposition because it ruins replay value and pads the living fuck out of the game, i'd rather have a fucking skippable cutscene

Go fuckyourself.

(checked)

Yet they BLATANTLY ignore the 10-minute long segment where you're forced to listen to the robot go on and on and fucking on about the dogshit "lore" of the hamfisted story.

The fucking worst part about the whole NuDoom-push was how they said DoomGuy is just a killing machine xD when there is a whole (skippable) text crawl about how DoomGuy got all the humans off Mars and sat down to have a smoke, waiting for death completely calmly, his mission (seemingly) completed.

But hey, blatantly lying and misrepresenting both themselves and the game is just part and parcel of being a video games "journalist" nowadays right?

forgot to specify: the text crawl was in the first game, where DoomGuy was an actual guy, not from NuDoom

sage for my own retardation

That's actually a technical limitation not a design choice.

Not being able to get new skills unless I clear every stage without dying, fully complete the special objective, and never use upgrades up until the last stage. Fucking up ever, like being killed by an offscreen enemy or a spike, means resetting the game, and using the elf that gives A ranks counts against rank forever after so they're only useful on the last few stages. Rank doesn't matter on last level so I can double my strength, quintuple my health and have multiple full heals on top, cut the final boss' HP by 3/4, and completely fuck him by standing next to him and attacking.

I just want my damn boss weapons, Mega Man Zero. I even prefer having to use the boss' weapon to get upgrades in his own stage to this shitty rank system.

I'm willing to give nudoom some credit with arcade mode which strips almost all story elements from the game and just lets the player blitz through the levels. of course this was added post release so that's kinda gay

C'mon, man even fucking Oblivion did this for like almost every major story and faction quest and then some.

Even Undertale was able to give the NPCs post final boss dialogue.

t. sucks at counter strike

Really muffles my Mavericks
😞😞😞

Rb6 siege have that. If you do anything that stops the animations like jumping or meele or switch to gun before they have pulled the bolt or cocked the gun, when you reload again you just pull the bolt

siege has a lot of nifty shit, shame its owned by ubi

I did actually enjoy NuDoom quite a bit, in the current vidya-atmosphere even a slight change in the formula is more than welcome. I just think it had horribly misrepresentative and overall dogshit marketing strategies, because let's be honest, reviews are basically just extended, paid marketing.

It took me so fucking long to get over Timesplitters' lack of a jump button. Some of the maps just scream "JUMP HERE, JUMP!" and it kills me inside. Also I actually had to drop bulletstorm because of the lack of a jump button. Though that was also partly because it had the feel of a bad console port.

i don't hate nudoom either, i borrowed a console copy from a friend to see what it was like and i played it through and had a good time. It aint perfect but its certainly not an abortion or boring. cuz nuwolfenstein suffered from being boring at many points of the game

You forgot the kicker

Yeah, one that fucking NES games managed to achieve. Fuck off with this nonsense.

All you need is a single flag that takes priority to change the relevant NPC dialogue.
If it's due to technical limitations it's because you shoved a fuckton of shit into memory to the point of not being able to add alt dialogue.
Otherwise it's just lazy, not game killing lazy but a noticable kind of lazy. Although if you're exploring the world in such a way that everything is just before the Final Battle so that you can do it again, then you might have a excuse outside of bonus content.

This reminds me of endless legend where all your units have to do their assigned moves, even after all enemies are dead, before the battle will end. Enjoy your half minute of watching dumb shits lumbering all over the place while you grow a beard and wish you were playing HoMM.

Not helping are screen limitations, Zero absolutely nailed X-series gameplay by tightening up the controls but the small screen-size and the Zero series' love of spikes translates to sometimes you don't know what the hell is directly ahead of you. Also Zero 4 a best, Zero 3 is pretty bad but has great music.

CSGO.

Unpausable cutscenes.

you 2 disgust me

Unneeded cuckoldry belongs on >>>Holla Forums

I wonder why they never just make them move up to your speed and then slow down proportional to how far behind you are.
It would solve both problems.

Are you fucking retarded?
You seem to be, you clearly added that "usually" to fall back and mention "BUT NOT ALL OF THEM" if people get all up in your grill, yet you still thought it would be a good idea to post that when there is no general indication of guns equating to retardation. 10/10 bait would bite again.

WOAH, THEY HAVE VARYING SIZED HOLES MADE FROM VARIOUS SIZED GUNS? FUCKING HELL THIS IS GROUNDBREAKING.

Autistic shit:
More universal stuff:
Why is horror even a genre? Normalfags don't even like horror, and I mean horror, not "boo haha i got didnt i".

Battelfield 4

well you can actually peep through the holes in game which is pretty uncommon

or worse

You'd figure if I'm playing as a highly trained counter terrorist CIAnigger operative he would've done some gun drills before hand as to not take 15 seconds reloading a machine gun

Oh, and
when will this meme die

At least it's not limited sprint with no displayed meter.

smh

CHAIKA ON THE FRONT PAGE

Fags not allowed

In my experience the gun fetishists usually pick the highest damage per spell caster they can, like fireball mage in Dark Messiah. Then again maybe I'm just thinking of the specific niche who thought the 2007 shooter was a good movie.
If you ever meet someone who autistically mutters 'one shot one kill' when playing any game, walk away and never speak to them again

you best be joking nigger

Legoläs 17 night elf hunter
Legollas 18 night elf hunter
Llegolas 21 night elf hunter

I'd take invisible walls over this bullshit any day.

Don't settle for the not as bad option.
There should be visible things that sensibly block your path (actually looking like they block your path and not just a fucking 40cm step that you can't walk over like Dark Souls 2)

Yeah that's totally fair and fun game…and in not need for a fucking ban
Keep playing single player spastic

Bow-users are the perfect lone-wolf class, balancing high damage with decent self-sufficiency. Often they have a pet to tank for them, but even without it they still have faster attacks and usually better defenses than magic classes, suiting them better in solo play.

In MMOs, this translates to being the class best suited for assholes who only care about themselves.

This is objectively better if the game doesn't allow toggle crouching. Holding down ctrl with your pinky for ages hurts like a bitch after a while.

>not having blue cheese, walnuts and prosciutto on pizza with barbecue sauce
what are you, gay?

We're all namefags, and you know it.

Saltyfaggot imo

M&B warband did it right, though it was mostly based on party size

Nigger, if you gotta use Numbers, or misspell it
PICK A DIFFERENT FUCKING NAME

I need to do a playthrough where I kill every single Ghoul. On Sight.

purge them user
purge them all

Nah. Doesn't leave nice mountains of mutated gore to serve as a warning. If I could, I'd impale them all on Tenpenny's perimeter. Vlad was on to something there.

I would actually eat this.

Also kill all the ghouls, they would taste terrible on pizza anyway.

Only acceptable if they only unlock cosmetics.

also

Maybe you lads just need to stop playing the newest call of dude or something.

I hate it when a small-scale strategy game has no random map mode.

Not that user but uh… yep. That's what baiting is. But that involves looking past the literal face-value of a statement and critically thinking for a few seconds so I can see why you were mistaken there. God I hate this generation of newfags.

LURK. MOAR.

(Oh and by the way this is NOT sarcasm, NOR is it bait NOR, is it a joke in any form. Interpreting this post at face-value is actually correct here. Good job!)

Anime avatars in any multiplayer game, you can tell they're gonna be an absolute smug overly-political pillock.

Typical complaints from a right handed peasant. Left hand master race.

Minecraft is such a piece of shit. Have they fixed that yet?

So the both of you easily beat the entirety of Zero 2 and 3 without ever dying, not meeting the mission requirements, or upgrading? Very impressive.

Pineapple on pizza goes well with chicken and onions.

That last one is true though if you're playing a Japanese game

There is nothing wrong with waifus in vidya but they are like a cherry on top of delicious ice cream. I don't want to eat a cherry smeared in shit.

It's the biggest sign of faggotry I can think of, so much so that I constantly erase it from my mind so that I don't pop a bloodvessel due to knowing they exist.

It's the easiest to solo play

I just want to be a heal slut god damn it, its bad enough I need to rely on other people/AI to get stuff done!

Nah mate, every since beta 1.7 they've just been feature creeping.

Generic RPG settings, and it's even worse when they turn an interesting and original setting into a generic D&D/DQ one.
If you're going to make a story-heavy game at least do the fucking story right.

Are you ready for the next elder scrolls then? Because they're gonna kick that up to 11.

No, adding actual mods into the main game is much more important

Not any of them but at least zero 3 is easier with the ranks so you can get EX skills more easily, meaning if you got C or B ranks in zero 2 you can most likely get A rank in almost every mission if you know what youre doing (plus in zero 2 you can get a elf-free sub tank).

Reminds me

Just why. What modern games outside of Bethesda games are moddable now?

Elder Scrolls looks like it's going to turn into a GoT knockoff if anything so D&D would probably be an improvement.

It's not going to work

feelsgoodman

Havn't tried Blue cheese but let people meme about it. The Pineapple Pizza master race is smart enough not to get into debates because they know they're right.

So how exactly did you accomplish this? I've never had problems with snipers because the LoS of enemies is so absurdly long that you should've already learned to treat every NPC as if they have an instant detection radius in the direction they're facing.

*No wait I remember now, did this happen at the factory where the bottle neck is?

GTA. But only because there's an autistic modder community surrounding the franchise and rockstar makes extremely heavy use of scripting in all of their games for costcutting which means everything important is normally in plaintext instead of machine code.
It's also dying down because gta 4 and 5 were shit and while the masses of plebbitors and GTAForumers ate them up the modders are too autistic to not nitpick on tiny things the average person just shrugs off such as everything in those games being trash.

I want to cream Diana.
It's okay, I am part of a royal line too.

It only happened to me once actually, and it was because I didn't know he was there. Can't remember exactly what it was called, but it was at the helipad right before the area that leads up to meeting Paul on the plane. I stepped out and quickly lost both my legs to a sniper I couldn't see or hear. I couldn't even find him after looking for so long, he might've been far above me.

It's practically 5 vs 1.

No matter how good I am, I can't multi task and be everywhere at once.

It's fucking annoying.

Hey, it's better than Vista grinding at least.

I find it pretty dumb

How does it feel to use a mouse with your weak hand?

I never play shit like that in the first place.
With the exception of SSB Brawl. I let it slide because it's Snake.

FUCKING SPLATOON 1 RAINMAKER

NV has shit hitboxes.

being an archer in origins is fine, its just the actual archery powers are not good, most of the duelist, assassin, and normal rogue block powers work on archery IIRC

thats actually fucking rad

Yeah but that completely defeats the entire fucking purpose of picking up enemy weapons in the first place.

The second and third are basically every total war game ever made

Forgot the flag

Can't skip ending credits

Even better when you combine it with permadeath. and the NPC is recruitable but has to survive the level

It's like, somehow, they made it so that every quest start and goal are always on opposite sides of a mountain.

jesus

Blood Omen 2 was a weird game.

I like the concept of open world but it ends up becoming "fast travel everywhere because it's not enjoyable to go from point A to point B because it's a clusterfuck of shit instead of an enjoyable and worthwhile travel".

everytime

moving from point a to point b being eventful is kinda the point

if it was just 'hold W for ten minutes' it'd be pretty shit

Nono, I WANT it to be eventful. But generally it's just really irritating ground that is not hard to traverse but irritating to traverse.

Concerning New Vegas, I saw some post a few days back saying "hurr fast travel means u dont get random events."
In my hundreds of hours of playing and looking at wiki, I've never seen anything of this nature, even when walking from A to B. Besides the events in 1&2, is that a fallout 3 (never played) thing? Nothing eventful ever happens when I try to just roam around in NV, it's just the same wasteland I've traversed dozens of times over with no new raiders or thugs, or easter eggs, so I've no choice but to use fast travel in order to not bore myself to death.

pizza is just a glorified bread, last i checked people eat bread with anything

fallout 3 has actual random events from a pool which are pulled in certain locations

fallout NV has predetermined encounters in specific spots (some of which are modified by the WW trait)

i just owned a pizza place for a few years, what do i know about fucking pizza am i right

show me your pizza degree faggot, italian birth certificate is also applicable

I'm guessing that white stuff wasn't mozzarella.

What the fuck, it's like saying sushi is glorified rice.

Fuck off, Razorfist

(Fuck modern Telltale. Fuck Life is strange and fuck every godddamn fat double nigger cuck who keeps trying to unironically get me to play it.)

(Looking at you Capcom, i haven't forgotten about Asura's Wrath…)

I kind of still want to throw a brick at Tameem and Hideo Baba

Another less mentioned one

I actually wish Emulators would do this.

Yeah that would be alright. Changing resolution too, put it all as an option.
Sometimes I emulate old shit on a CRT and I have to manually change res to the console's native res every time.

I'm willing to make up if he is

ZTOP

DESIST THIS SODOMY, I'LL KILL US ALL I SWEAR

PC game with couch coop, but no online coop

Pineapple on pizza is food of gods but onions do not belong on pizza and you should be hanging on a lamppost if you think otherwise.

Don't you fucking dare

There seems to be a recurring theme to your grievances.

Imagine if your left arm/hand functioned exactly the same as your right arm/hand.

Nothing makes me drop retro games faster than this. At that point I just know that I'll be wasting the next few dozen hours of my life by grinding my way through the game via trial and error and frankly fuck that when I could be playing a game that respects the player's time.

MMO's
I could go all day but this post is long enough

What's worse is when you're playing a platforming game and jumping alone takes the ground out of view because the camera is so fucked. There's nothing worse than this.

What were the devs of Alpha Protocol thinking.

From that point on unarmed is basically useless. There is even a boss who sits in a sniper tower you your punches would be useless anyway.

Shouldn't he have pressed the "all the missiles" button from the start?

Pressing two buttons is objectively better than pressing just one

Duke Nukem Forever

What game is that?

I've never heard a shittest opinion since 1997 user,

LOW TICK RATE SERVERS