Vanquish

Why is this game so well received?
Sure the mobility in combat is decent, but it's really nothing special.
Aside from that, the level design is the same boring and uninspired cookie-cutter shit from the past generation of generic set-piece-driven action games in which you go down corridors littered with chest-high-walls.
On top of that the story is shoehorned in and dumb as fuck, like what'd be in a bargain-bin shovelware title.

Not to mention is commits the cardinal sin of doing shit that you could be doing yourself in cutscenes.

It's not a particularly bad game, but I don't see why people like it so much considering how mediocre it is.
Is it just because people are so eager to suck Platnium's shaft whenever they can?

sage

ebin

did you liked god hand, okami, wonderful 101, bayonetta, mgrr?
if you didn't like any of these, lmao

I'd answer, but I happen to not be blind to flags.

I'll be honest with you. Something about the frame rate or the motion of Vanquish legitimately caused me to have temporary faculty functions, and I think I got severe motion sickness, too. No other game has ever had that effect on me, that I know of, and as a result, I did not get very far in that game. Not even M&Ms Kart Racing was able to do that to me.

I liked Bayonetta and MGR, never played Okami or W101.

Whoops, left that on by accident from another thread

then why did you disliked vanquish? I understand disliking madworld for many good and valid reasons.

Vanquish is just Mass Effect combat system as a Vanguard. Shorter than even levels from first Mass Effect. Its shit. The only difference instead of charge you roll on your ass, which looks like shit.
Could be mass effect dlc and i wouldn't even notice.

It's just Skyrim with guns and gay robots.

How weeaboo reasons:

It was mainly because of the mobility combined with managing your boost, weapons, and placement to do score attacks. Doing a regular playthrough is decent. But going for a high score is how you get the most out of the game. Like this guy did the hardest challenge in the game around 22 minutes. The best record is under 4 minutes.

I don't think the game is great personally. But for what it does do, it was fun.

Did they ever fix the framerate damage bug? It's the reason why I haven't installed it yet.

nope

one thing that JP devs are still fucking up with their pc ports, patching their fucking games.

none of those are like vanquish

I love shitting on weebs, but this is too much of a stretch
Gears of War was just pure cancer

then why did you disliked vanquish?
Because it's nothing like those games.
It's just Gears of War but faster.

What he knows? Your shitty fantasies that SOMEONE is to blame in your own misery?

(checked)
I agree but it's pretty much the same with any platinum game (except MGR, it's probably Platinum's Magnum Opus) I mean sure they have cool cutscenes and style but that's it. The only reason people rate them so high is because they've never played Devil May Cry. Under the blind the one eyed man is king, if you don't know any actually good action games you'll absolute love Platinum games because you don't know any better.

I think he meant they know San Fran is full of fags so it's a good riddance

Warframe > Vanquish.

it's fun

what other meaning could there be? i think is just retarded or something. low IQ.

lol, whatever you say man

The target audience for this game cares more about cuhrayzee and flashiness than solid shooter mechanics. On top of that, it's a console shooter, so it has to be reasonably easy and slow for the gamepads.

Two entirely different games.
Warframe requires a massive time investment to actually have fun.

All platinum and other fast & hard nip games are best received if you're the type of autist to go after Perfect ratings and high scores. Instead of relying on a health bar and health pickups and the assumption you'll take damage from shitty enemy AI with pinpoint accuracy and teleporting bullets, all of these games are possible to complete without taking a single shred of damage if you are skilled enough. You can also defeat enemies and bosses the "right" way the devs intended, or you can abuse the game's mechanics and do it in other ways like speedrunners. That's why they're awesome.

No it doesn't.

couldn't agree more, OP. glad to see at least some Holla Forumsirgins breaking free from the 'Kamiya is god' groupthink program.

checked satan
the game is bland but the fun kind of bland
every thing you said about it is right but you still don't get bored
It's a shame they did nothing interesting with such amazing gameplay though
i'm impressed that Platinum managed to bring frenetic action into the cover shooter genere

It doesn't help the game starts you with the best weapon, with unlimited ammo, and every other weapon feels shitty and useless, despite it being a third person shooter. Also the dashing mechanic is pointless and fucking dumb.

Kamiya didn't make Vanquish, you retard.

It gets overrated massively around here. Decent game but I don't really see the love.

Just a reminder that artificial difficulty meme for souls games came out in the same period mustard got their hands on it

If you think it's just GoW but faster, you haven't been playing it right. If you haven't noticed, the game penalizes your score for taking cover. You're supposed to be using boost, bullet-time, melee, and grenades effectively so you can spend most of your time out of cover.

Given, the unlocked frame rate actually made the game glitchy as fuck.
Many times I had to restart the level because an enemy group wouldn't spawn and stopped progress.
Other times the AI would get stuck to eachother and block a doorway, and the only way to progress is to knock them down with a grenade so the designated story progression AI can get through.

Also, the unlocked frame rate made one burst from the jetpack marines in the Burns fight instant kill you without even putting you in bullet-time.

It's a bad port.

then play the good versions of the game.

The framerate bugs have been already fixed.
The funny part was that they made Normal harder while they made God Hard easier because of the decreased health regen delay.

Wow
Vanquish is pretty good though, especially for the time, nothing but shitposting goons here that never mastered the game

Already fixed and it did nothing but increase the difficulty you fucking casual.

I like how it's like an arcade game, no real down time and the difficulty just keeps getting higher and just expects you to keep up with it.
Just pick it up and that's 2-3 hours of fun, I usually hate shooters but this is just fun.
Complaints would be the game has 2 bosses and their only other bosses are just adding making 2 of each.

well fuck me sideways

The port has had several patches, and it's only partially fixed. There is still more patch testing being done, as of four days ago.

If you play the game at 60fps right now, everything should work fine. 120fps is still where things get a bit off, last I checked.

flagfaggotry is not allowed here. Fuck off
>>>/4chan/

nice and epic "x was never good" meme i love it

You're being a bit too harsh with the game, but it did had some questionable choices, like how weapon upgrades worked (especially considering death penalties) or that Melee would screw your dash as well, putting you in a defenseless position in the middle of an enemy horde if you ever tried to use it offensively.

It also had quite a lot of rehash in terms of enemies, it was pretty short and the sliding mechanic, while quite fun had little uses besides just switching cover.
The comparison with Gears of War is quite off except for that detail, at times it did felt like a cover-based shooter, only you could switch cover far faster.

I'd reason that it was very well received because it was released on consoles, where shooters with high mobility were kind of a rarity. It broke the mold and tried to be something different, thus garnering attention from people used to just sit still and let an aimbot do the work for them behind cover.

However once it's ported to PC and you compare the mobility it gives you with other games… It does feel quite pathetic, if still somewhat neat.
I mean, Warframe from the get-go already gives you sliding, bulletjumps, walljumping, double jumps, sprinting and a Melee system that's only half retarded for just about the same grinding. Quake or UT also give you pretty decent movement and variety in weapons and I'm sure there's another shitton of PC games that do what Vanquish set out to do but better.

TL;DR: It was well received on the consoles because it had no competition at the time for "high mobility shooter", while on the PC now it sees far better titles accompanying it. For fuck's sake, there's Titanfall even now.

In that case the bugs and shit are just part of the game itself, so bad game not bad port.

You need to remember when it came out op. With a market filled with cod clones this was one of the few enjoyable shooters in a sea of shit.

i liked how hillary clinton killed herself at the end of the game when she knew shed be caught betraying america. the story was still mids over all.

gameplay was amazing.

the only thing missing was other playable characters with other powersuits.

it was also too short.

Yeah, that was a bizarre coincidence, the enemy was "not-Putin" and even in a fictional setting Hillary Clinton was a backstabbing cunt.

what

Reminded me of this guy

Accidentally had wrong link

they actually set it up for a sequel when

cyber putin escaped lol

personally i would very much enjoy a sequel.

shit is still shit even if the goal was to make shit

Was the PC version ever fixed? I heard something about damage being broken because it was tied to framerate or something?

Most of the broken shit is already fixed, though apparently the old issues are still apparent if you play with 120 fps.

the fuck you mean it doesn't? its a grind fest against dumbass enemies that do nothing but try to out dps you. It's a waste of potential since all of its awesome combat and movement is wasted on a mindnumbing trail of exp. It attempted to add pvp which failed horribly since the netcode is complete ass and the equipment you use in pvp is heavily dependent on grinding.
Warframe is 10% game, 90% time waster