Hold Me Back

Let's Make Mostly Video Game Characters Using This Template

I may do a compilation video, but please stick to the 1000x1080px resolution as variable resolutions make it a pain in the ass to keep images aligned in a compilation video. Also bear in mind I may have to lower resolution of video dependent on it's duration and quality to fit filesize limits as 1080p is pretty damned big even for simple things like this.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/loomis/hub.html
my.mixtape.moe/oqxgkv.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I made some ahead of time because I'm very slow with doing these, but I got a bit carried away and did 8 of them. I apologize if I did one you wanted to do.

I find that drawing a border around them helps make them stand out from the background. You don't gotta do that, but it helps IMO.

nah

kek

All I'm hearing is "Draw Soldier G65434-2 holding Dr. Polito back."

I'll save these but I won't make my own.

Man of culture

ok you're patrician

That's okay. Just thought it would be fun to make things with (You) guys.

I will pretend I drew these to make me feel better about myself.

Eqic oc master here

if you can't even commit to it then why would anyone else?

Bretty gud

People keep making them after the compilation is done (see: Squilliam) so a compilation is not the sole motivation to make them anyways. I can easily create a compilation as I have done before I am only non-committal because I'm not certain about the song.

Those are pretty well done.

This is some good shit, from your shading I think I already know who you are from the Squilliam threads, love your work my dude.
That background on the Vivian/Gilda one is top tier, got a good chuckle out of it, its the small details.

Kek
I miss Freddit

I have no drawing talent, but if I could then I would. Best of luck OP.

Not a lot of people are going to be able to top these. OP, you should just keep it up.

Why not just make a subreddit for this meme?

Why don't you kill yourself?

skelebros?

Delet

Why?

I think it's fine.

Well, here is a WEBM preview anyways. I will probably sprinkle my initial 8 contributions throughout the duration instead of cluttering them all at the beginning. Video will need to be down-scaled in resolution to fit 12MB . There is much to be done. Maybe I will work on chopping the music down to smaller duration so 1. We don't need as many images and 2. I won't have to shrink the resolution much to get under 12MB file size.

Do Christopher Nolan's Bane and CIA have a video game?

Good shit

Well, CIA has been in countless vidya and Bane has been in countless vidya as well.

/bane/ and Holla Forums should make a visual novel out of the plane sequence though

Don't make me go full LIFE IS STRANGE up in here.

thank you but I could have done better.

I trimmed down the music a lot and now I only need 69 images whereas before trimming things I needed well over 100.

Holy balls your audio is too loud.

You're shit, your game is shit, and you should feel bad

DO IT FAGGOT
FUCKING DO IT

/r/ Megaman and Protomen, vidya or album versions

what's are the choices for song so far?

Bad weather, usually. Sometimes if one of the plane's engines goes bad they'll reroute to the nearest airstrip.

Mcfucking kill yourself. I can't even tell what your game is supposed to be.

I would but the characters are so bland I don't know if I could really bring them to life with the shen outline. I'll let someone more talented than me try it.

That's because you're an ignorant piece of shit.

>Not Brogief

I'm retarded, fucked the resolution up. Here's the proper size

More like your art blows ass out of your dick.

terrible at doing edits
some easy ideas thou
Link holding back Midna
Neptuina characters
Kemono friends
pickle pee crow
ss13
Xcom 2 snek

same

Oh thats good.

video games

What program did you use to make these?
inb4 mspaint

I can tell this is gonna be a good thread.

Yeah, I turned it down a little. The FLAC I found was super loud.

Just this one. I think it's alright.

PaintTool SAI with Binary Brush. I would use Krita, but there's a huge list of tablets it doesn't support and my Pen Display is one of them.

I already fixed them, but thanks. Much of my time goes into struggling to make everything aligned. I dunno how it happens, but many wind up sliding things over one or more pixels. It's baffling how this keeps happening even when people use correct resolution.

Any requests?

Yukari holding back Reimu
Solaire holding back Chosen Undead

JC Denton and Walton Simon

High Quality Track-Pad Art™
This was kind of fun, but what's with the whole 'gotta make a compilation' thing? Isn't it better for something like that to just occur naturally?

This song is gay, don't put my gay drawing in it please. Thanks for the template anyway.

That's not evil Mark, that's just regular Mark

Before I forget also in case I don't managed to do that afterwords Ansem and Gaurdian from KH

10/10

Speaking of gimp does anyone know how to rotate in gimp without it looking like shit. Pic Related.
I've tried all the interpolation settings but they all look pretty bad. Should I just bite the bullet, and pick the least worst one or is there a trick like resizing by 110% I don't know about?

Thanks user!

install krita

I actually had fun making this.

Alright.

someone should do arc and shiki

Mah eternal nigga

Surprised nobody did this one yet.

Does it not give a rotation preview or am I just doing it wrong?

here is a better version with background.

Marie looks flat as a board.

LOL

Your legs are OK.

I tried doing Ren and Stimpy yet gave up since I didn't think animals looked right with the template, but yours actually works.

I didn't think of that at all, i just made it look like a really good "costume" than the actual character. Like have Sonic's weird anatomy fit her.

mah nigbro

Your picture did make me think of Sonic 06's Sonicman.

How long are you having this open for, OP?

Is that actually in the game?

yes

Only need 58 more images for the compilation, but I have trimmed the song down significantly. I could re-extend the song in parts to add more if there is still significant interest after filling those 58 slots.

I didn't even like hl2

Where be mandatory S.T.A.L.K.E.R?

/ ̄ ̄ ̄フ\               _       ノ^)       // ̄フ /   \            .//\     ./ /      //  ∠/  ___\___  __//   \   / (___    // ̄ ̄ ̄フ /_ .//_  //_  /      \./ (_(__)   // ̄フ / ̄////////////         |  (_(__) /∠_/./ ./∠///∠///∠//          /) (_(__)∠___,,,__/ .∠__/∠__/∠__/       (o・ω・( ( (_(___)\    \ \/ ̄ ̄ ̄フ\ \ \_ \  _   /⌒ `´  人___ソ  \    \ \フ / ̄\ \ .//\  //\ / 人 l  彡ノ     \   \ _  \//___\/∠_  //   

They really didn't want to make that game lol.

DIY. faggot.

Very nice

MARK MARK MARK

I feel like it needs more.

No, they lost the beta build, were being pressured by Microsoft to have it out by Christmas or else they wouldn't be allowed to publish games on Xbox 360 ever again, as well as having an important team member leave.

Neither have the skills or tools required to draw.

Amazing, fucking amazing

middle part of the switch falling out leaving only its arms being held.

kek

meant for

Non-specific pope holding back a crusader.

Do you have any suggestions as to how you make these templates? Particularly, about those that use IRL humans as silhouettes. I remember there being a guide about using fucking Word of all things but I lost it.

Fuck, missed a spot.

Weegee artist posting on my mobile. That was some preemo perfection. Bravo.

quak

Luluko poster nails it.
(Good shit though)

Do any of you have a picture of Anita's jewish lawyer?

Can someone do a TBoI one? i can't I'm mobileposting

My hand is shaky as fuck. I usually try to magicwand through the outlines but they always turn out like shit.

Samus being held back by Adam with either fedforce or other M or both shooped on the left side of the screen

Protip: on an image like this, set the tolerance to about 8, and turn off aliasing.

well ok then
Is there seriously not a single person in this thread that recognizes Iji?

I played iji years ago. I wont recognize it on sight though.

Does this one look better or the one without the outline?

I tried

Will do, many thanks.

Background is too minimalistic and you can spot the outline easily, this one is better without it.

If anyone can do a better job with the background go for it.

Can someone make one with the doll from bloodborn holding back the hunter?

Need 48 more images.

Here's two.

Yeah I thought so too.

I wanted to do starcraft one but kerrigan and jim would require way too much detail.

Can someone make Wario and Waluigi?

If no one else does I will when I get home

Kerrigan can be done easily if you just colour the body purple and add some boobs and some braids.
Jims Power Armour would require some more effort though, but I think it could be done alright if you merely added some shoulder pads to the body and the helmet plus the cigar.
It would certainly be better than nothing

An attempt was made.

Good job

Can we get one with Integra holding back Alucard or the Pope holding back Father Anderson?

Alright.

Nice
How about adding the Holla Forums index as the background like in this image?

Shit nigga those are pretty good.

protip: these won't magically happen unless you try to do it tourself

*yourself

awoo

OP you glorious non-faggot.
Keep it coming

First time contributing to these threads, go easy

Not vidya faggot
pretty good though

can't think of a background

The King holding back Pacer.

Now improved

Like so?

Maybe without wario though

10/10

(checked)
eactly like that

And thank you

nigga how she telling you that with her hands bound?
It was rape by the way

Made the cuffs white again. That should do it.

You can't rape the willing.

better job

Was going to mention that
Thank you based user

[Citation Needed]

Shes a woman that can't talk

Can someone draw a space marine holding an imperial guardsman as if he was trying to keep him from running away from second pic related?

I hope I'm not too late. Someone asked for this one earlier. You can transpose a background onto it if you want.

Looks great, user.

I'm getting a Kaiji feel form this and its good

How many more?

A silent takedown is always the most successful takedown.

Does Daisy appear in Mario Odyssey? I assume that she was cuckqueened out of another mainline Mario game.

Gud shit

No sign of her and probably never will be while Miyamoto has his way.

I better get a few (you)'s for this one.

You need to check your line thickness.

Bit of advice if you're still here: Consider making the text box in background larger than the actual frame, so as to avoid that white space on the right. Also, even up the leading (vertical spacing) some.

I've honestly kind of hoped someone might do some old SNES-style Final Fantasy-like incarnation of the plane scene, complete with a battle between super-deformed CIA, Smee, Maimen, and Pavelheer to the right on the top of the plane, with a boss-tier HUEG Bane bursting from the fuselage and paired with two still-hooded Hired Guns as the boss battle.

added an outline

I don't have a drawing pad. Just using my mouse.

Even then, pick any random line in the image and expand the size of your pencil tool until they match. It's a small change and does wonders for actually making it look like a complete and completed image.

His lines look fine, besides some times a smaller line is necessary to get certain details.

Bretty good

Iunno. What really gets me is the figure in the background, that doesn't even look like it's part of the image and was just doodled in, and parts of the spiky hair especially. If you wanna see something that gets line thickness and does it right, look at any given paper mario sprite.

did it in paint so the letterbox already as big as i could get it , feel free to improve if you want i'll leave you the one without the background. One last lazy one from me and i'm off

I'm trying to keep the line work as simple as possible to push it out quickly. That and I'm trying not to mess with original line art as much as I can.

But yea, without a drawing pad and proper time investment it's definitely not going to be my creme de la creme.

I approve.

I don't like background. Pauline should be in the foreground.

10/10, keeping the dream alive.

Made a couple of variations, one standard with a white edge, and one with a shadow for further popping from the background.

Nice job user you made the effort and pulled through, it looks great.
might want to try and add the white border, due to the detail and similar colour pallete they kinda mix with the backround

Need 28 more images.

requesting Stimpy holding back Ren at E3

minor edit

Might be better without the background bleeding through the figures. Just a thought.

wah

Man, I wish I could fucking draw

What about this? Needs to be 1000x1080 regardless.

8ch.net/loomis/hub.html
Welcome to Hell.

Give it your best shot, i promise i wont bully.

looks fine to me

Monitor died, payday is in 11 excruciating days.
Stuck with phone

Already in hell lad, believe me

Same. I'm much better at effects and layout than actually drawing anything. And trying to methodically create shit takes too much time, especially since if I don't get shit just right it'll eat at me.

Who the fuck would be holding Samus back? Adam, if we're not just disregarding Other M?

Nintendo

A good point, that one.

What about Layton holding back Luke?

The goal here isn't quality, it's quantity. Give it your best shot, even if it's mspaint tier.

I put all the Waluigi & Wario images in sequence, because the different expressions one after another was humorous to me.

Fuck. Am I too late? Had to rush here.

I also missed JIm's beard.

What is with the left eye? Is it supposed to be a glasses reflection? I like it though.

PS2s are cheap, as is the game itself, and if you go the fatty route, you can set up an IDE drive to play downloaded (and installed) games on the system via loader. To be fair though, I'm not sure what the compatibility's like for Okage; OPL's compatibility database has no listing for an attempt to run it yet. Seems like HDL's compatibility list claims it works on that loader.

Also, if you have a PS4, I want to say it's been rereleased digitally, but I could be wrong, and I'm not certain as to how well it runs.

Relax. There's like 27 slots left and it can be extended anyways.

I just bought a ps2 completely set up to play backed up games. It's super easy once everything is set.

Yeah. They do it a lot in the game.

Then add some shading to the lens like in that screenshot.

Good. I'll try to change some other things then.

Any thing with these characters

Can't do much with background, but did the thing with the glasses and corrected a little detail I let pass.

wait, you guys arent using mspaint?

I'm using paint.net

Noice

I'm having a lot of fun!

Fixed

I'm using ms paint because I'm lazy and I don't have a drawing tablet

Boy this is actually a lot of fun

And five seconds after I post I realize I made bag lady bald.

Oh shit dude.
Postal 2.
Gary Coleman.
It's perfect.
I'm making it.

ok not sure why that posting fucked up, didnt quote anyone
anyway that shit took me way longer than i expected it to

It's fucking good.

I like your bag

slightly better version
i wanted to put in a background and some barely visible letters saying "isaaaaaaac…" but the fonts in PDN are crap

The art style makes it so much better.

Last one from me, I think

That was my intention. I wanted to capture the kind of isolationist feeling and jarring atmosphere that the game had without changing the original image too much.

I did want to spend more time doing this, but it's fucking 5 am over here and I can't keep putting off going to sleep.

I really wanted to do Silent hill 1 instead actually, but I thought the only way I could have done that would have been with Harry and Cheryl, but because Harry actually never really catches up with Cheryl I thought that this felt wrong, along with the fact that I couldn't think of anyone/anything else to appear alongside harry, I just decided to drop the idea, even though the first game is actually my favorite.

Oh yes

HAIR

Here we are

I thought this was pretty funny.

v2

Varian holding back thrall

Delicious

i knew i forgot something facial hair

god this was terrible but I tried

What?

Wrong resolution. Fixed fills also.

was getting caught part of your plan?

Black Bomber's right arm is miscolored.

JUST

Of courshe. No you fucker, tell me about the Blue (You). Why have I never seen him before?

or perhaps you should be wondering why would someone spoonfeed you the answer when it's obvious you need to lurk some moar

Shouldn't Blue Anonymous be this color? Also why doesn't he get a suit too?

4u

God this looks great, friendo.

its actually a different color other than blue. But let the newfag go on since it's getting hilarious.

now it's like he's strangling him

A few minor edits. Didn't like the neck.

Noticed a little late the color was slightly off but I fixed it. Now I'm done with this fucking thing.

These are pretty fun

Maybe rid of the face on the skyrim but otherwise, great job

Forgot to Outline

I'm too lazy to open it back up. Sorry.

Like I said, it looks pretty good. It was just a nitpick really.

Great. I just fell asleep and punch my desk.

I get you, and I appreciate the compliment. I just wanted to finish this one before I head to sleep. If anyone else wants to go in and edit the face off, go right ahead.

I need 11 more images. I'm going to go to sleep. There should hopefully be plenty when I come back.

can we get a sticky for this thread , at least until the webm is complete and posted so that we don't have to make a new thread once this reaches the 300 bump limit which should be soon and autosages so that we don't lose any of the stuff posted?

私は引くを絵が下手です

Alternatively, here is one without the text. I also filled in the holes on the glove.

Phoenix Wright holding back Maya

Nice work user!
Just noticed something wrong with my Minecraft with Gadget pic, fixed it now, with exploitables as an added bonus.

I fell asleep a while ago. How many more we need?

10 more I think.

I don't see the difference with Minecrafta 2 and 3

Now this is top quality.

The old pics had weird blobs around Mike's face, you can still see it on the exploitables. But it's fixed now.

Gonna do some zelda since I don't really see them.

Think I'm gonna go for a midna held by link combo.

i'd do a yakuza pic but i cant draw for shit

I need to see a gondola trying to hold someone back and just ends up with a piggy back ride.

midna is almost done. Just gotta get her helmet filled out. I gotta get link together as well.

CURRENTLY WIP, pls no use.

forgot much picture.

Alright the previous iteration wasn't good enough for my taste so
New and improved necrophobia

I'm glad someone did link and midna. I considered it but I just didn't think I could pull it off.

Okage guy here posting from my phone. I hope this turns out as well as my last template thread I messed with

done'd

A a lil ganon accent on the side. I fucking love ganon's face. Dem cheek bones.

I worked a litter harder with the line work. I think I'm spent.

LEON

is that you NASCAR NICK?

I add my shit.

suck my dick

Memes all over the shop…

here

nice

That's some rather low effort there user.

ayyyyy

For whoever's willingly drawing for free: make one with the backpack cuck picture as reference, with the one doing the fucking being held by the backpack cuck while still within the backpack.

Who is behind Postal Guy? Also checked.

Not Important, most likely

I'm shit at this and my brush size got stuck Is this slightly better

Nathan Explosion Not Important

Okay, I'm rendering. Trying to get the resolution up, but stay under file size limit.

I also scattered those initial eight as I said here:

WEBM Done
Hopefully there are no fuck-ups. Full resolution was possible; didn't need to down-scale video.

I'm getting a black screen with audio on both Linux and Win7. Maybe it's just me, anyone else having problems?

Here is a large MP4 version: my.mixtape.moe/oqxgkv.mp4

This one ran fine, just took a while to download on my shitty internet. Not sure what's up with then.

saved
well done, you stand in testament to history as one of the few OPs who wasn't a faggot

Very naisu, user. Good job.

kind of a niche duo don't you think?

Autism?

Nice.

I had the same problem when I tried to play it in the browser but it worked fine when I downloaded it.

Great job user, and all anons who contributed. Proud of you.

Tried it on a different browser and it works. Palemoon must have a bad webm implementation or something. You did good, OP.

WEBM works for me in Vivaldi and Firefox. Surely, you're not trying to play these on mobile? I heard mobile users need MP4s instead of WEBMs for some reason, but I'm no good at getting MP4s under 12MB and looking decent. Since the large MP4 is available my.mixtape.moe/oqxgkv.mp4 someone else can attempt encoding a good quality MP4 under 12MB using that.

I've done plenty of these things. This is however only the second time I actually created the template itself. There still remains limitless potential in the creativity of anons so I'm sure I will wind up doing more compilations.

(checked)
No, this is on desktop. It wouldn't surprise me if I fucked something up though. Either way it works out.

Every time I participate in one of these, there's a feeling of accomplishment when I see the webm done. Good job everyone.

could we do a vote on the music next time?

I contributed a bit to super mario face and squid. Could you repost those? I don't have those saved.

GOD FUCKING SPEED user

I reencoded and muxed the audio from the larger mp4 into your webm. I did it because that made the webm near 12MB (only 100~ bytes off) and I used opus instead of vorbis for better quality.
Is the larger mp4 the source of the
video and audio tracks of the webm you encoded? the mp4's video is yuv420p and the webm's video is yuv444p so I'm not sure.

Here's a 12MB mp4 too. Fresh off the presses

The Mario face one was low effort. I didn't painstakingly align everything. I think someone else later did another Squid one with more content so I don't think mine really counts in that instance.

I exported both videos directly from Premiere. I use a 3rd party plugin to export WEBMs from Premiere. The large MP4 had higher quality audio than my WEBM. I thought I could hear a difference, but when I exported the WEBM again with higher bitrate audio and compared it with other WEBM I couldn't quite hear it. Maybe I shoulda used opus. The WEBM was exported with yuv444p. My Premiere's H264 encoder does not have a High 4:4:4 profile.

That's great. When I try making small MP4s with Premiere's H264 encoder they come out shitty.

yea I did more with the squid. Do you have that one? I think I only did a halfass with the mario face.

I dunno. I have this Squid.

was there really a need to have that in, even more than once

I feel like the shen attempt this time had a lot more effort. Mario face and squidgirl where pretty meh overall.

Thanks for reposting.

requesting Callie holding back Marie