/dsg/ - Where all the lords ran off too Edition

I decided it would be neat to play as a balder knight, since I rarely ever play for anything except poise, and since the balder set is a lower overall poise choice, I usually just stick with knight shit.
Also it's a nice break from trying to retexture the dark set to looking more like skull knight set, which is really hard to do because I have no experience with actually texturing shit. It would be easier if I could save the project with layers, but I can't actually play with it if it has more than one layer so I have to constantly glue the layers together.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!Nfo2gb6b!lIMyDLSNu4QFtjlXz5qTFSJikmKxuayJWP9tQ7a45kQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder that Bloodborne and Demons Souls arent part of the Souls franchise

>Demon Souls
It's in the fucking name

First post as always retarded.

If the name matters then Bloodborne doesnt have it in the name, so it doesnt count as a Souls game. Likewise, if the name doesn't matter and it depends on the gameplay, then a game like Hollow Knight could be a Souls game too since it follows the aesthetic, to say nothing of the many other indie Souls games.

If it depends on who made it, then you could say Metal Wolf Chaos is also a Souls game because its by Fromsoft..

Either way I dont see the point youre trying to make?

To quote captain retard (OP) ITS IN THE NAME

Square owns the property now so its their game retard

So you came here to shitpost about the fact you don't have ps4 and/or ps3 and you are salty about it?

You just went full retard.

((( BEFORE ENTERING THE THREAD )))

((( FILTER 11dcad )))

((( GOOD LUCK )))

I have a PC and can play DS just fine.
Let me guess, you'll say that I have to own PSx to play one of these fine outstanding games and that this is really just a sonygger bait thread in disguise? Reported

Jesus christ

I feel so burnt out with the series. I really loved DeS and DaS but haven't even bothered playing DaS3 much. It seems a lot of the bosses now are intentionally made with delayed attacks after wind up just to throw you off, because everyone is so used to From's pacing of attacks. To me that just seems like poor metadesign to try and make things hard. Same thing with enemy tracking in DaS2.

Or at least don't reply to the weakest of baits.

Currently replaying DS1, cosplaying as Ornstein (50 Endurance, quality build, going for a cleric style build in the NG+s)
Just defeated Artorias, still probably the best Boss in the game.
Still gotta kill Kalameet, Manus and Gwyn before NG+

I agree with the sentiment that it is not a true Souls game, but it's definitely in the same category as Souls games, whatever you want to call that category.

Tutorial boss goes full akira at half health and can't tell what the fuck is going on graphically trying to melee it. Random undead do the same in the first area out of nowhere making even the easiest enemy you approach possibly life threatening.
Doesn't happen again the entire game until near the end.
I get how they are related to the boss under the area but this didn't really make sense.

I wish I knew, I still haven't gotten past dancer's bullshit.

POISE

FAN ART
there is never enough

last ones before I get reported

where are all my Amelia or Dancer fags?

You can parry Gundyr, you know. Everything except his spear-charge. Parrying's fucked compared to DS1 as a direct result of introducing a delay before the actual parry frames go into effect, but Gundyr's slow/telegraphed enough even after hulking out that it's not too huge a problem and he makes good practice.

Demon souls isn't part of the souls series
The games that are in the souls series are Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, and Dark Souls 3

Only after reading it 5 times I noticed what you did there. Still, the post looks retarded as fuck at first glance and only slightly less if you consider that's not a typo.

looks like the retard was me.

DeS and BB are in the Souls franchise, they're just in different settings/continuities.

incorrect, BB is its own thing completely; the multitude of systems and differences between souls and bloodborne series makes it clear that it's its own thing.

BB is a spin off if we're being generous. It has some similar systems but it's not in the same franchise.
Is Doom in the same franchise as Quake?
Is Red Alert in the same franchise as Emperor: Battle for Dune?
No, they just have some similar systems and happen to be made my the same people.
DeS is in the franchise though and anyone who says otherwise is a huge fag.

Bloodborne must be the Dark Souls of not-Dark Souls.

Fucking vagrant came out of nowhere and blasted my asshole with arrows

darks soul 1 player on steam seeks coop partner for ded game. must like ng+(+), stupid builds, "challenge (but not really) runs and low level stuff. europoor and none smoker preferred.

pls respond

nah fam
I would love to have someone try out my changed starter builds though.

ok
what kind of changes did you make?

Made the warrior into a balder knight, made the Knight into a Steel Knight, cleric is now a paladin with astora straight sword and sanctus, bandit is now Simon Belmont, deprived a fist fighter, I'm going to make the wanderer into a skeleton knight (split faith and int focus for hexes, Dark set) I don't have any ideas for a pyro or magician other than making mystic knight and Joan De Arc from Drifters

Playing through Dark Souls 3 right now.
Why did they fuck up perfectly fine mechanics so much?
for every step forward they went two steps back and while visually the levels look great, they seem so randomly made with two bonfires in a row despite having nothing between them and progression being a straight line with no deviation whatsoever(so far)

reminder that Cancer of the boreal valley proves that miyazaki is a hack

I think what happened was you were supposed to be able to make your own bonfires, and since that was too hard to program they just picked a spot that all the playtesters chose, or something to that degree, and they're set close enough to the boss without being directly in front of the door. The worst part is that most of the bonfire placements besides the very first or second one you encounter in each location could be removed and it would have had dark souls's level of stage difficulty.

Its not about difficulty. Some of the bonfire placements are completely meaningless but the general design is all over the place with something like Road of Sacrifice having a full page of bonfires while Catacombs of Carthus having the first bonfire almost halfway through the stage.

dks2 is shit and i will literally fight anybody in the street that says otherwise.

I really enjoyed 3 user. STR builds are actually viable in pvp from a damage and hit situation, though poise is still shit. Main character is roleplaying as Iudex Gundyr atm.
One of the things I like best about 3 over 1 (though 1 is still my favorite) is the weapon arts and FP, I simply think that it is a better system than consuming loads of weapon durability. Although durability in 3 doesn't mean jack shit, a properly made weapon or armor in IRL wouldn't degrade quickly either. I'd change it so resting at a fire doesn't repair equipment but keep the rest the same, so that you only have to go to Andre a couple times in a game run unless you jump in acid.

FP works better if you're a spellcaster too. It actually makes higher tier spells viable as they aren't distributed stupidly. In 1 and 2 using a simple soul arrow would be better than using any higher tier spell because it had lower recovery, more casts and more damage per cast than almost any other spell.

The problem with weapon arts in 3 is that most shields do not have weapon art compatibility and are still parry items; if I remember right there are about 5 shields that do the main hand weapon arts and two of them are greatshields, one of which is locked behind a covenant that has hard to get rewards.

Put the files in this folder into your data folder and tell me what you think
mega.nz/#!Nfo2gb6b!lIMyDLSNu4QFtjlXz5qTFSJikmKxuayJWP9tQ7a45kQ

Yeah, and I also lament the different parry timings, which are absolutely learnable but throw me off from the delicious medium shield timing in 1.

hey if any of you fags need me to drag you through anor londo at level 50 on 360 then cashmeousside the bonfire howbowdat?

Shields in Dark Souls 3 are actually OP as shit.

Black Knight shield is so unbelievably OP its ridiculous.

yeah i know how could you even play with a clicky ass right bumper for your main attack? ps3 controller is best dark souls controller i agree user

yes the ps3 was a great console for exclusives and making the fans happy through their free multiplayer. spot on again, user. me and you ought to hang out sometime….alone

Either you're denser than hardtack or it's just a poor "bait" attempt at this point to hide the butthurt.

it amuses me that you would assume i'm butthurt over your VERY low effort trolling. back to the mustard can, faget

It nailed the gameplay, even if every other aspect of the game is poorer.

You type like a fucking mongoloid.

Reminder that PCMRfags had to beg for a PC release of Dark Souls in a fucking petition for them to even bring it over, because all PCfags do is talk about how much they want to play console exclusives.

Kthxbai!

better?

i disagree in every aspect of this comment. from things like rolling to parrying there is significant input delay and just a gauntlet of "i-frames" to abuse as if that wasn't a problem in the first game but i digress. the story was as much as a problem as any story goes to which end i honestly could give a shit. the new healing mechanic was demon souls all over again. no more instant healing from estus cuz ppl whine about being an invader as if they don't have at least three options to heal without the need for shit like lifegems.
dark souls 2 is the fallout new vegas of the souls series.

There isn't.

So it's the best game in the series?

You should think before you post.

what an argument lul

best copy of a game with re-skinned "features" for your "expansive strip" go ahead tell me about the amazing story you bought hook line and sinker. or the million different customizations you'll never afford or use. tell me about the riveting characters telling you their wondrous stories rattling off the inside of their sunbaked polygonal skulls. what a grand time it must be to wander around a desert. lmao get fucked idiot

you're right! it does feel good to think about how much worse this is than ANY fallout game. cheers faggot

Go be autistic somewhere else.

Shields in dark 3 were worthless for weapon arts last time I checked.
t-thanks.

Its not about the weapon art man.

Its about how good the shield is for blocking.
From time to time I will watch tournaments hosted by high functioning autists who take Dark Souls 3 PvP seriously and they undisputed king of weapons is a straight sword + BKS.

Once you learn when to BS punish, spacing, and whiff punishes you will absolutely melt everything that isn't a SS + BKS user. Before I uninstalled, I made a Dark Turtle and I absolutely curbstomped everything.

the only thing I will say is I prefer that when I am summoned in as a dragon spirit that there should be a clean fight since you actively chose to summon dragon spirits in and it's kinda douchey to go against that by drinking your estus and doing scum shit.

Yeah, I am not into duels and "serious" PvP myself.
I just like invasions, going into a world with some shitter host using 3 phantoms to get through the game and making his shitter life miserable but watching these people gave me a lot of pointers.

Like knowing when you can 100% backstab Farron GS, or Twin Ringed Knight UGs, knowing when you can stagger Greatswords, etc.

Do not, I repeat
DO NOT
talk ill of Dark Souls 3. Miyazaki-san worked his f*cking *ss off to deliver a perfect game, and as such you shall not talk down about it, EVER.

dark souls 3 isn't that good, i wanted more circle strafing enemies from 2 and if you tried to get around their back they do their special "you're behind my back" move with bad optimization on top

I couldn't have said it better myself. People should really stop circle jerking over the overrated mess that is New Vegas and instead should purchase the wonderful and edifying Fallout 4.

Content

Part 2, what do you think?

I hope this isn't supposed to be balanced
I hope this isn't supposed to be useful

What's your intention with these?

lmao keep telling youself that. Bloodborne was directed by Miyazaki and contains that Holy moonlight sword, Demon's Souls is the reason Dark Souls even exists there's also continuity there with the Holy moonlight sword.

If anything Dark Souls 2 is the odd one out since Miyazaki didn't direct that. You're just upset that the Souls games originated as a PlayStation franchise.

Neat, but some of those builds are half-way complete.The idea of starting equipment is to grow out of it.

It's a Castlevania reference you fuck.

Well aren't you the epic gamur nerd, knowing about the Castlevanias. I get that it's a reference, doesn't change the fact that whips are shit weapons in Dark Souls

I do need to work on playtesting all of them, Wraith isn't able to use their talisman or the gravelord sword dance, two different classes use longswords for the starting weapon, most of the stat investments are very diversified, meaning the only differences are starting equipment, Paladin isn't able to use his shield properly, etc. I'm going to work on making all of the stats more balanced and divided up to recapture that initial idea that dark souls had. Executioner is a joke character though and I want to leave his stats as they are, but I will be giving heavy knight the eagle shield instead.

Dex weapons are for pussies in general, whips are interesting at the very least because I don't see anyone using them; that might be because they're shit, but they're fresh enough to be a nice change from katanas and curved swords.

REBALANCES

>He doesn't like the Flamberge
Fuck you too, buddy. There are plenty of Dex weapons that don't involve katanas and curved swords, you just didn't bother looking for fun choices. Instead of the whip, why didn't you go for some Swashbuckler shit? I'd have played the fuck out of that build if a character started off with a Rapier/Estoc and a Buckler/Parrying Dagger, maybe either the Leather or Black Leather set with the Pharis Hat for style. You sort of did that, but really you went for a boring sorcery hybrid ripped straight from DaS3, but without the style.
The problem with your setup is you can't decide between cosplay builds or your own original nonsense. Anyone can make a cosplay build of NPCs/enemies from the games, so it's kind of redundant anyway if these are "starter" builds.

If you had to go for a Simon Belmont reference, couldn't you at least have used the Notched Whip for his max upgrade in the games? Even better, a Chaos Notched Whip for the flame effect from 2 and onward. At least then it won't be nearly as shit since whips are practically a joke weapon in 1. Before you say these are "starter" builds again, let me remind you that you gave the "Balder Knight" the Balder Straight Sword, which makes sense in concept but it's also arguably the best straight sword in the game and you'd be a moron to toss it away I personally prefer the Silver Knight Straight Sword for superior and unique R2s
You need to decide to either be more imaginative and fun with these builds or instead stick to balance with NPC dress-up. Having both just makes a weird clusterfuck of classes no one in their right mind would pick unless it's for shits and giggles, and at that point they're better off editing their inventory for themselves. You don't have to choose only one armor set, why not use different pieces to find some fashion? Why not a class that dual-wields?

King's Field II. I am playing King's Field II. Seath is a faggot. That wizard with the crystal ball that keeps disappearing is a faggot. Even in back in 1995 From expected the players to circle strafe for kills. It sucks that the demon armor makes you blind and prevents you from using Holy magic. The game is fucking huge. It sucks that I wasted more than 1,000 gold on the Elven keysmith faggot so I could duplicate the rhombus key when there were a bunch of them in the King's graveyard, and now I have extras that I don't need. I wonder if it's a good idea to trade my crystal flasks to that faggot in exchange for some gay flute that he has. PCSX-R is a gay emulator because it won't run this game. I want to try out The Sword of Moonlight: King's Field Maker and see if anyone made some decent dungeon crawlers with it, but it's probably dead.

This game is fun, I will play the others when I am done.

Just beat Iorian/Lorian on my first DS3 playthrough (solo). Why is it literally just forward/right diagonal roll the fight?

I gave him a rapier because magic characters need shitty melee options that are just passable, and I don't like knife as a weapon class and think having it to start is shooting yourself in the foot. Even the shortsword is worse than the longsword in every way, and I would rather that to a knife starter.
My design philosophy with all of these is actually that I wanted to make slightly more diverse and more actualized versions of the starting classes; The warrior has QUALITY prebuilt into the stats, so the thing that makes the most sense is for him to start with something that would lead to quality play; knight is made for having high poise and high defense, so I wanted to make a better version of that right from the start; you have access to the steel set way too late for it to matter, since by that point you can access the stone set, and if you're rolling poise you wouldn't go with the steel set unless you wanted the fashion; I had an idea for a hexer knight but didn't really have a place for it, and since wanderer was basically just another dex starter I filled in that place easily; Thief was yet another dex build, so I just put a samurai there instead because it fills out the same "DoT" role; Belmont being there was just kinda for cosplay purposes, but thinking about things now I have a bunch of quality builds that need to be rectified, so I'm going to do some fixing with that by actually drawing up character ideas and listing out concepts; Executioner was just another jokey cosplay concept, I need to fill out his space with something actually worth while, and I might even figure out a way to turn the paladin into a class that becomes the executioner eventually by progression; I actually got royalty as an idea from DeS I think, the only other concept I have for magician is mystic knight, which leads me to the fact that I kinda want all of these classes to be specified knights with distinct aptitudes rather than being bland archetypes of what each stat is supposed to be; I want strong knight to wield a mace, dex knight with his fast moving pierce weapons, faith knight with his miracle assists, int knight with his magic augmentations, and physical and metaphysical quality to be an in between of both, though int-faith knight would be best suited to becoming a hexer or pyro; then I need a joke knight, which I'm fixing to give the adventurer's set and have him be absolute quality.
Basically I am seeing that these are not very good ideas on display, but I guess I'm just broadcasting an unbalanced, vague idea of what I want to do before it narrows down.

Hey, try staying on his ass the entire time locked off; his swipes are not physically wide enough to reach all the way around and he doesn't spin like a top, meaning he has an exposed spot at all times behind his main arm.

is there an action game where there's no invincibility moves yet there are dodge commands and such? I want dark souls with something other than invincible rolls and boring shield blocking.
so like soul calibur but 3rd person and less constrained movement.

Having zero i-frames on dodge animations is a bad idea. It's doable but it's not going to feel good. DaS1 with fatrolls feels great to "perfect" dodge attacks, and it gets you into a habit of predicting when you need to be at the i-frames of your roll, rather than pressing a button and getting no damage on yourself. Other than that I don't think you're going to find what you want. DMC3 with trickster feels really good though, I suggest that.

what is this
educate me

lurk moar

I want to protect Solaire and train with Tarkus

I've never been able to see one, feels fuckin awful man

I dropped like 20 humanity on the way to going to kill lautrec, I came back to fight the balder knights for their sets and there he was behind me, blitzing my asshole with some shit that looked like kos parasites.

Play early 2000s third person action games to realize why thats a bad idea.
I don't mean stuff like DMC but games like Drakan

Have they fixed magic yet?
Have they fixed poise yet?

DaS1 would have been better without PvP and instead put the effort into more role play elements.

what was wrong with magic?

it's less linear than DS3

Why the fuck not?
DS3 currently. Looking lustfully at Bloodborne, though.
Desert Pyromancer cosplay with some adjustments
Champ Gundyr. Only good boss in the game. No powers, no bullshit transformations, no edgy comments or cutscenes. Just you, him, and a beatdown.
Theme of Firelink Shrine after giving the Firekeeper eyes.
Desert Sorceress set,
"Slightly-More-Undead Knight" consisting of Dark Mask, Firelink Armor, Knight Gauntlets, Elite Knight Leggings
"Pyre Keeper" using the Sage's Blindfold, Firekeeper Robe, Karla's Gloves, and Cornyx's Leg wraps, and being fully hollowed
And the standard-issue slutwear combo of Desert Pyromancer top, and Sunless Bottom

Really wish wearing certain sets changed your idle stance. A lot of clothes would look better if you weren't in that awkward standing position you are in.

Maybe you should stop going for backstabs, then. His combos aren't infinite, either. Maybe like five or six hits unless you're spectacularly bad at dodging, parrying, or understanding basic things like distance, and how to tell attacks apart. It's not that the fight isn't good, it's just that you probably suck.

you can't backstab him though; it's poor design to give something that can't be backstabbed a blindspot hit that triggers immediately when you are not in front of him. Worse yet, the animation is so long with tracking so it's impossible to actually dodge that shit on time
I meant to say they do a good sum of your health and juggle ridiculously, so not being topped off is a death sentence
nah fam, Gundyr sucks and you have shit taste. You presented no reasoning why he is good either so your claims are invalid.

You still are getting prevented from attacking from behind. So he can't be backstabbed. You're clearly trying to exploit a blindspot, which he has covered.

again, just learn to parry or dodge. if you try to facetank a bruiser of course you're going to get hurt.

I've already made my claim to why he's good. You gave reasons to why he's not, all of which show your lack of ability rather than a lack of quality with the fight.

Stop sucking.

notanargument.jiff

What type of builds should I avoid in demons souls as to not get overpowered?

You don't have an argument that isn't based in hyperbole, anyways.
>Hurr durr infinite combos these attacks do too much damage

He's called the Shitter Stomper for a reason. If you have a legitimate complain feel free, but If I can beat it with a handmaiden's dagger you can do it with whatever UGS you're swinging around.

Anybody want to help a Co-Bro out?

Regenerating health builds are OP as fuck. It's why they were non-existent in Dark Souls.

What a fight
Got my ass handed to me like 20 times, way more than even the bullshit dragon

You need to get on near afternoons your area, It's just low activity probably. Also are you using DSCM?
It helps with connecting to other players. If you have that, then maybe people just find your build unsavory for some reason, which is no reason to change it, but just keep laying down your summon sign in various places with high summon sign activity, usually near bonfires or main points of interest.
Either way I'd like to do something fun like summoning someone in near the beginning of a level, trashing it, and then getting summoned in at the same point to help trash the level on their end, and keep doing that all the way to the end of the game. I also need it to test out the severity of my build creation.

Updates

I need tips and playtesters to fuck around with these starters.

Wat
Wat wat

Your learned man is an idiot and your devout paladin an atheist. How did this happen?

Fug, I wrote the numbers on my notepad backwards and I reversed them in the spreadsheet too.

I've got some general tips but I just want to know more.

The premise is a new starting character mod, how much do you care about balance and lore? Also fix your stats.

- Heavy Knight
~ Tower Shield — you should make the shield into their Tower Shield (also called Tower Shield.)
~ Lore —- you should reference 'Knight of Berenike' instead of Rendal as though they likely worked together they came from different lands.
~ Extra items — Silver Coin, Rendal's face
~ Covenant — Way of White

- Mad Warrior
~ Hands and legs — Might want to not give him balder legs or those gauntlets, stick to hollow warrior/soldier sets.
~ Lore — good job on the idea, but lore can do a lot of work. His shield is native to the giant trees of Lordran too and my fave small shield in the series! Try to work it out as an Undead who lived in the Burg and is yet to be a mindless hollow. I wouldn't call it Mad Warrior or Knight, but rather 'Lordran Undead'. Keep the aimless shambling thing, brute without a purpose (sanity slipping) maybe?
~ Extra items — firebombs

- Royalty
~ Armour - No royalty would wear this cheap stuff. Fine if you call him a noble.
~ Lore - Maybe name change to Noble. Royalty implies he's easily within the line. Reference fencing by changing the 2nd line to something like 'Developed exceptional dexterity from competitive fencing.'
~ Extra items — 1 divine blessing, royalty often cherish these Gwynevere waters and could make up stuff for roleplayers.
~ Covenant — Way of White

- Pikeman
~ Armour — less of a knight, more of a prepared
militia. While there's fancy pikemen in history of the world they needed light armours to do stuff. Knight helm, knight chest and hard leather for the rest would be great.
~ Lore — Cool. I like the idea, I like Hilde from SC.
~ Extra items — none

- Paladin
~ Weapons — Shield is too much and unique to the very first Paladin. ASS is an Astora sword that doesn't fit in much. Scythe (glaive looking one) would be neat, don't get that til Sen's normally.
~ Spell — Replenishment. Read description of this. Don't be afraid to overlevel this dude to reach it, he's a high ranking cleric to even wear this set.
~ Lore — Name change to Cleric Knight. Either is fine with lore. Change description to 'Cleric Knight of the Way of White'.
~ Extra items — Lloyd's Talisman, maybe Gold Coin.
~ Covenant — Way of White.

- Scholar
~ Weapons — Digging the shotel but the shield looks out of place though I guess you picked it due to Crystal hollows of Seath. I recommend a Mail Breaker in left hand, I think you can parry with it, might be interesting for people who didn't know. Some curved swords can do this too but I'm sure shotel doesn't.
~ Spells — Don't know what you have but Aural Decoy will work a lot. See below. (Fall Control is OP alongside hidden body)
~ Lore — Let's go deeper than this. Call him Assassin and make him of the black order of Vinheim.
~ Extra items — Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring.

- Wraith
~ Lore — Fuck it make him based on an insane Pardoner of Sin. Give him the Black set's chest. Call him Heretic instead of Knight. Call him Heretic instead of Wraith.
~ Spell — KARMIC JUSTICE
~ Extra items — Book of the Guilty

- Firewitch (Change)
~ BAD — Re-work vampire hunter as Flagellant. Give it Notched Whip to the left hand and give it a caestus in right hand. Give it no chest, bandit legs, iron bracelet arms and Thief's hood.
~ Spell: Power within, don't give it enough attunement for it.
~ Extra items — Dungpies, Blood Red Moss.

- Sniper (Change)
~ Lore — CUTE but change this to a pyromancer or something that starts with
Combustion.

- Monk
~ Lore — Big Dark Souls 3 hitter is that Xanathos is likely a name for an Oolacile area (Heysel and her shit) but it's to also tile in its sorceries with Old Monk. This takes full circle with an Oolacile guy being the old monk default boss of SotChurch in Ringed City. Call him Oolacile Sorcerer instead.
~ Spells — Chameleon, Homing Soul Mass
~ Weapon — Pick Axe, Oolacile Ivory Catalyst, light crossbow (based on Heysel)

WHOOPS

WARPICK not pickaxe.

oh and make Scholar wear the black sorc set,

but i think the normal sorcerer hat is blacker than the black sorc hat. so try that, if it's blacker it's better

weird mistake on their part (or do i have bad memory?)

You must be new, but the tower shield I already used and it requires him to start with 30 strength, which is insane; 16 is still pushing it, but the eagle shield has less than 100% physical defense for a greatshield.
where the fuck are you getting this from? In the steel set it directly references him
I did it because it looks better
The text box is not a lot of room to work with, m8
Again, I referenced buckler-toting knights and they wore chainmail with some padded clothing over it, but since there's nothing like that besides the elite set and it's not really the best for weight.
this is semantics
I don't want to give him that range advantage so early on though
I'm not gonna do that
fuck you buddy
why would the pyromancer be turned into something like this?
All of these suggestions just sound like ideas that you want in the game rather than improvements on these starting classes. None of what you suggested is in the spirit of these characters at all.

Get ready for some autism
Rapiers are pretty fucking good. Instead, you should've given him the Tin Banishment Catalyst. You might not know, but that can actually deal out a decent amount of physical damage.
Glad you ended up doing that with your most recent update. Don't know if it was on purpose or not, but chain mail is actually historically accurate for those fencers back then. Good thinking.

With what you have in is an improvement. What still confuses me though is you stated you wanted each class to be a "knight." The Scholar there doesn't look very knightly. While it's good to see you mix the armor a bit with the Wraith, I'd still take advantage of the different weapons available since you still have three classes with straight swords. Don't forget greatswords, halberds, etc. I understand the stat requirement is a limiter, but you can always fix strength by two-handing. Many of those weapons were developed for that after all and a player could raise their strength if they want to use it with one hand. Same with the axe and mace you have there. While they're different weapon types, they have identical movesets, meaning the only thing that changes the two classes' playstyles is the weight.

Mad Warrior could use different armor and you have plenty of interesting sets from the game. You don't need to have one character with exclusively heavy armor. You can have another with say a halberd/greatsword/UGS without a shield, or maybe he's the kind of warrior who just plunders whatever he finds from the battlefield? Mixed armor pieces would be fitting for that and I doubt he cares about looking good. Probably just wants whatever works. Put some personality into these guys. He's supposed to be "mad," right? Doesn't have to be a naked barbarian type.

Like I said before, use your imagination. Why not have a shield knight? The spiked shield and pierce shield are actually good for offense as well. That could be your joke class instead of a quality build And people could always tumblebuff when they get closer to the end Also don't forget to start the sniper out with Binoculars if you intend to give him the crossbow as well. As someone who's made a pure ranged build before, it's mostly enjoyable when fighting players and NPCs. Most enemies are just tedious and you have limited ammo. Might be best to at least give him a dagger of some kind as well, perhaps Bandit for the bleed. That's a risky class to have on there so he should be the first to change if you come up with a different class idea.

I don't want to give exact specifics like every different piece of armor or individual stats, but I still don't understand. What is it exactly you want to do here? Make knights? Variations of the starters? You said you wanted to do both, which might be difficult. Pick one first and stick with it. After that, think carefully. Variants are extremely easy to make and should take no effort or explanation whatsoever. The Royalty is a good example here. A variant of the Wanderer, yet fits as a knight. Even so, I'd personally start with one class at a time. Design him accordingly based on your thoughts. How does he fight? Why would someone pick him over the others? What can I do to make him unique with fashion? After that, move onto the next and start again. After you're done, balance the stats for them all accordingly so one isn't obviously better than the others. I'm probably getting the wrong impression, but it feels like you just breezed through some of these and threw them out there.

It's a cool thing you're doing here, by the way.

Fuck off, Vaati
Yes, it can parry. All rapiers, curved swords, katanas, and daggers give a parry when placed in the left hand. They have frames akin to medium shields with exception to the parrying dagger which has small shield frames.
Also there is nothing wrong with the pickaxe. Let the existence of the Peasant Knight come to be.
Have the decency to sage if you're going to post shit three times in a row, summerfag

The spirit of your characters aren't even in the spirit of the game.

- It doesn't reference Rendal in the steel set. I mentioned the Knights of Berenike likely worked with Rendal but it's not referenced there.
- Also Notched Whip was a Xanathos drop who used chaos. Carmina was an unorthodox pyromancer.

I mean sure, you don't have to take my suggestions but you're being rude. If you want poor choices in armour be my guest.

Ok.

Pickaxe was a typo. Warpick is closer to Heysel's Pick and a very cool hammer no one really used in Dark Souls 1.

Less autism and more retardation.
The rest of the post is fine. I do support the use of peasant roleplay, I was even thinking about the possibility of a player created peasant covenant, where you wear rags and use pitchforks, pickaxes, etc. and the goal of the covenant is to gank (see also, 3v1) filthy knights and use every dirty tactic possible.
only requirements for entry is having the one of the following words in character name: "penniless", "peasant", "poor', etc, and dress like a peasant, ofc. Greatscythe is absolutely acceptable since it is a farming implement after all.

Decided to give Scholar of the First Sin a try. I dont know if its because my expectations are so much lower going into this after base DS2 compared to going into DS2 on the back of completing DS1, but Im enjoying it way more than I did the first time around. SotFS doesn't fix the games fundamental problems, but it does fix some of the minor issues, like the Bastille blacksmith being stupidly difficult to get access to. Power-stancing with any duel wield combo in the game is cool as fuck too, though I miss the weapon arts from DS3. Anyway, I'm having fun, the level design is no where near DS1s level, but the variety of locations is still nice and theres plenty of enemies to chew on. Ive gathered all 4 of the mcguffin souls but Im putting off going to see the King so I can complete the DLC. I just completed Crown of the Old Iron and King and pic related was a fucking great boss, took me a lot of tries before I finally beat him. First phase is pretty easy but the magic damage in his second phase eats at you right through your shield so you need to really learn his moveset and know when to heal and when to attack, had to even abandon my spear and scale up a longsword because the attack animation for the spear was just a bit too long for this bastards unforgiving attack windows. Its a real shame one of the best bosses in the entire game was gated off into fucking DLC, maybe if team b had of included more bosses like this in the actual game people wouldnt shit on it so much all the time.

Great idea, you forget to add magic to that. In dlc you are not allowed to use magic damage and shields.

I don't understand what people like about fume knight so much, he certainly was better than most of the base game's bosses but still wasn't amazing. Maybe I was just (un)lucky and always got easy patterns from him.
Sir Alonne was pretty great though, basically 2's Artorias.
The other 2 dlcs had such shitty bosses I'm convinced Alonne and fume knight were just flukes.

Holy fuck for some reason I read that like it was a line out of Monty Python and the Holy Grail and I can't stop laughing.

I know my armor
The thing about it is I figured armor pieces that are barely being held onto the form and mostly broken up and falling off scraps of metal was a good look for a guy who can be described with the word "shambling." I would love some ulterior suggestions though, I don't really know what else fits that role.
I did my best really, but I am thinking about starting mad warrior off with something like the server or a greatsword. I just gave him an axe because it's the strongest close range starter and I feel like the great and ultra great categories are more for later-than-the-opening game play.
Royalty was divided into Royal and Scholar, and I didn't really see any armors that reflected a mage knight, so I gave him a kite shield that the crystal zomboids got.
I designed the classes in such a way that they all should be picking a starting item that suits them rather than just going straight for master key; in fact, the way it's made, I want the player to play through on the straight and narrow until they get to where they can branch out naturally.
I sat at my desk for three nights balancing the stats and rearranging how their stat requirements would be kept. I had to look at armors and cross examine endurance numbers, maximum equip weights, and minimal levels to keep it either above 50% for a lighter class and above maximum to not be overweight. I will review, however, everything in mind, and reexamine the sorc. Monk is definitely staying because I can't get rid of a boxer class rightly, but is there any other one that you think should go? I think I will use my original sorcerer knight design that I drew up years ago and give him a pierce shield so he can main hand a wand. I don't want to give him heavy armor though, so I really need to pick wisely what I want him to wear.

go and fucking stay go.

The stats are back to nromal, scholar is now a crystal knight

Pls respondo

Would've said maille, but I was trying to imbue my post with less autism, not more. Maybe we both have some in us
A couple friends and I used to dress as peasants with such weapons. The forest was a fun place for that since we could pretend to work by smacking rocks, trees, and the ground. We didn't attack unless we were interrupted or someone got their own "tools" and helped us. Can't let them steal our low wages

Work's been heavy this week and all I wanted to do was sleep once I got home. I do keep up with the thread if it makes you feel better and it took me a while to post this.

For the armor choice or the class? Maybe sometime today or tomorrow I'll dig through some shit and my collection of armor, mash them together and see what I can get for the "shambling" look.
I would say the Server wouldn't be a bad choice for uniqueness and the health regeneration must've been what kept him going with his battles. Problem is you'd have to keep his STR low enough for two-handing only since that's a 24 STR requirement. For a GS option, I'd recommend either the Bastard Sword with its mildly short range and more sweeping attacks when compared to the Claymore. Flavor text also mentions it's for multiple foes at once, fitting for a "Mad Warrior," right? If you don't like that and didn't mind the STR requirement for the Server, then the Man-Serpent GS also works with its looks and brutish moveset. Also has shorter range. With that, you can keep DEX low since it only requires STR.
For the classes, I can't come up with much off the top of my head. Already talked about Sniper, but Wraith is kind of a weird choice since you already have separate sorcery and miracle classes. Combine that with the even STR/DEX + bleed weapon and you might have too good of a start, even if you don't have powerful spells available. A player can choose to go hybrid magic if they start with one of the other two, but it shouldn't be presented to them at the start since Abyss Sorceries don't work like Hexes from 2.

If you can't think of any class ideas, you could go for the aforementioned Peasant Knight, probably wields a pickaxe/plow/hand axe/great scythe. You didn't want a class to have too much range at the start, but you could always start him with 14 DEX and reduce STR to a level necessary for two-handing only since you might not like the great scythe. Scythe is 14 STR and Plow is 15, of course the superior choice is the 14 STR and no DEX Pickaxe. The thrust on that would also make it interesting. He'd probably wear the Leather set or a mix of the Hollow Thief sets since I can't think of any other plain armors. After that, give him piss-poor stats on everything else You could have fun and give him high Resistance, too. Working in the fields all day must've done something for him and a joke class would have high levels in the most useless stat
Aside from that, Shield Knight is still up if you don't like Peasant and don't want to give your Scholar the pierce shield.

If you really like the aesthetic of your Wraith and can't get rid of him, you could keep the looks, ditch the magic, and instead offer him more unique and occult-looking weapons. Options include Flamberge (GS), Ghost Blade (Dagger), Jagged Ghost Blade (Very short CS), and some other one I'm probably missing. These weapons have unique movesets compared to others of their kind and may require more practice to use, but can end up being useful. You may not believe it, but that Flamberge has one of the best R2s for the larger weapons. It does a surprising amount of damage, but only has slash attacks. I said Flamberge since it looks drastically different from the actual flambard sword and it's more akin to a sacrificial dagger design. Probably due to snake men shit.

Nice, I like that set in case you couldn't tell. I was actually going to recommend pieces from that earlier, but won't this give him a fat roll? That set in its entirety is pretty heavy and he still has a sword, shield, and catalyst. If that was your intention, then that's fine.
That's all I've got for now. Unless I sit down and really think about it for a long time like you did, I can't give you much advice on what you should do with all your classes. I can instead offer suggestions based on what you already know could be changed, though you've probably already given everything I mentioned a thought in that case.

You forgot "you fucking faggot" after "but don't tell anyone you leveled that up." Casual.

Where his strength is already, he can two hand that and the zwei at the beginning, my only problem is that the server has such a high base damage that I don't want the opening areas to be too easy; every time you start a new game I want it to be the same type of difficulty, and since the server is easy to access near the beginning I think giving it out is kinda moot. It would ruin the balance, unless I gave to you broken or near broken, but even then rickert can unbreak it for you.
I think I'll give him the bastard sword, but I honestly also think the weapon diversity is already good. I think I will give the cleric a war pick though, since I was thinking about it and warhammers are great for holy men.
Honestly considering it, but since poiseman already exists I don't think it would be very diverse. I really like how the crystal set and CKS as well as the shotel look on him; when I pulled out the catalyst it felt like a match [maiden heaven]
mega link for you turbo fags, try it out and give me some tips. You can't pick up the opening equipment just so you know.