Team Fortress 2 Vintage: TF2C Ja nai edition

Recent news
VERSION 2 RELEASED, LINK IN DOWNLOADS

TF2V, what is it?
TF2V stands for Team Fortress 2 Vintage, a Holla Forums made version of TF2C with all the gay shit removed and the game restored to stock TF2. The aim of TF2V is to recreate 2007 TF2 before Valve fucked it up. The project is working towards open source and plans to remove the need for steam

Downloads

Full game (comes with hotfix):

mega.nz/#!uNtD3bKD!BSMkaJkVs8vwBU4iIkNH33xqDfQPMDi_Uco6QALqMMI

SENTRY FIX
mega.nz/#!DQUEgI5b!tFCpOaRryU-mEguezMtspMEv935Shm47TxTgnW76pn8
extract the archvie's contents into the buildables folder under models (TF2V\models\buildables), overwrite all. should fix it

Mega is shit and I don't want to download their shit plugin:

github.com/megous/megatools

Then use these, megatools are a set of applications run through CMD to do things such as download from mega. A readme for each exe is included in the package on their site. By default the megadl tool downloads to where it is unless specified.

TF2V GIT REPO

github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage

DED GAME LOL

Right now no one but Holla Forums seems to be aware this exists, so best we can do is spread the word about it.

Why not TF2C?

Because the devs went full retard and deviated from what TF2C was meant to do, instead they added a 4 team deathmatch mode no one really seemed to enjoy and useless hats and weapons. Also the lead now is a disgusting unstable tranny.

Something something Alphablaster
He's still upset and still surrounded by gays

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/.
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.
mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo
mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM
drive.google.com/open?id=0BwZOTZzq5529MDFQMm5TdnprNW8
youtu.be/k-CvxcpIh5k
youtu.be/pKRpoj5PxC8
steamdb.info/app/243730/history/
steamdb.info/sub/0/history/
steamdb.info/sub/1/history/
twitter.com/SteamDB/status/886344212572241923
mega.nz/#!2YFWVDpJ!Mf3SjSQ643P5x0fQKaJdXDLmPZ6DswYCt-g5J4cPOdo
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Mod_Content_Usage
gamebanana.com/maps/193885
gamebanana.com/maps/195257
gamebanana.com/maps/195139
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage
gamebanana.com/skins/125224
steamcommunity.com/app/440/discussions/0/541907867776287823/
mega.nz/#!vFlVXKAI!2kBtDvOtUD4nMcY9a8gTOyF9j2b5GRNhLG4BJz8jJ4M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here is how to install revemu on windows, i.e. make it no-steam. Technically this needs to be done once by the guy who releases TF2V for the next version, so that the game will be standalone and run out-of-the-box. But anyone can do it. I have shit upload speed.

What you need:

1. Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer from steam.

2. TF2V from OP.

3. Revemu package: mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4

In case the link goes down, here is the original source: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/. Gonna need full package from 27.04.2016. Then an update from 20.01.2017, it's a single dll, goes into game root.

Start by placing tf2vintage folder in Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer, instead of sourcemods. Now Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer can be renamed to anything and placed anywhere, I will be calling it game root.

Optional: fire up the game to make sure everything works by creating hl2.exe shortcut and adding -game tf2vintage. See first pic. You won't need that shortcut after this, you can delete it later.

Extract revemu to game root. Second pic is how it should look like.

Shut down steam and fire TF2V.exe.

That's it, make sure everything works.

You can look through rev.ini. But here are the most important things:

ProcName=hl2.exe -novid -noborder -game tf2vintage -steam -silent /help

Your startup parameters. I added -novid (skips into movies) and -noborder (borderless in windowed more, makes no difference in fullscreen). More details: developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.

PlayerName=Anonymous

Self explanatory.

Everything should work as expected. Only no-steam servers will show up in server browser. They also need to have no-steam in sv_tags, if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully I didn't fuck up. I won't have time to test linux client anywhere soon, so somebody else should do it. Ask here for any advice. Linux revemu: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.

SERVER
Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN
247 linux box
IP: 74.91.123.198
Located in New York so ping could be acceptable for yuropoors too
Connectable by both no-steam and steam clients
Fastdl and custom maps

should mention and I forgot to edit it, but V2's link has replaced the V1H1 link, I just forgot to edit the text

Either way, it has my solution to the engineer game crash. If it doesn't work, try one of the other methods and let me know which one does work for next hotfix.

okie doke. Doing a clean install right now. hopefully the servers update to the new version as well

There's a small problem with sniper sights using beta muzzleflash.

You only have yourself to blame.

It might be best to look for alternative hosting methods

How are you hitting the quota? you live outside burger stand? trying to download it directly from their site?

I'm using the megadl CMD extension and not running into this issue. You're right we need a torrent version too lazy to make a .torrent file

Yes, and yes. I managed to get past it by creating a free account, but it doesn't hurt to have options.

Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN will be down for undefined amount of time, i will do a clean install with the new version

No you're right it doesn't. I agree with ya. Just I'm too lazy to make a torrent file

Compiling standalone to hopefully upload to mega. Be prepared for stupidity.
Does the full game come with the sentry fix?

V2 has a sentry fix packaged with it yeah

Is there a way to obtain Source SDK 2013 Base Multiplayer without Steam?

I've looked for a long ass time, but it seems like there's not a single good place other than steam to download it.
The mega download for the standalone should be availible soonish anywho.

So going back to the moddb idea I just realized not only could we use this to spread awareness of the mod but to create a mirror link for those who don't like or can't use the mega.co links or if no torrent is available

this might take a while

God bless, user. Thanks.

Wait, so is v2 just the sentry fix put in the base game now? Or is there more and I have to update even though I installed the sentry fix?

Pretty sure the former

Yes, V2 has the sentry fix applied already plus a lot of other things added to make most of the maps work. The only things that don't really workl are MVM, PASStime, and the dumb time exclusive/event maps.

I presume "Gibs" folder in the fix isn't supposed to be capitalized.
If you copy the whole folder over will lead to dupelicate files.

fug it's a single gigabyte over mega's limit

Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN back up

Where are the hats in tf2c? I literally never saw any. Also i dont remember hearing anything about a tranny

FUG.
Mega will not allow me to upload it as a full thing.
I could just upload a Source SDK folder instead so nobody has to download steam.
so ill just do that

You can go through SDK Base and delete all development tools and related content. Things like map editor, model editor, etc..
Or SDK Base 2013 can be uploaded separately just as an engine, with revemu applied. That way it will stay independent of updates, since tf2v comes in single tf2vintage folder.
It's best to upload full standalone package though. Godspeed user.

That's an idea.
From the looks of it, there's also a huge chunk of bloat in the game folder itself dedicated to hat models.
Should I delet?

Source SDK finished uploading. It's the best I can do right now as I throw hat models in the trash and try not to strip the game of playability.
Did you know the Domination icon is a hat?
mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo

Torrent please, mega fucks me at every turn and no tool helps.

Did the yellow and green team stay or were they removed after all? I caught a glimpse of the first thread and saw that it was up for discussion. I'm hoping it stayed in only because of the fun chaotic 4-way slapfights that happen as a result.

I seriously hope no one believed that four way team fights would ever be anything than chaos. That was basically the point even back in TFC. Hell, in TFC that wasn't enough chaos. Some servers made up the black and white teams. Chaos is fun.

Yeah, why didn't anyone do this yet.
Torrents are fun and easy to download.

how i use deluge

Archive > Create Torrent
Choose the directory with the TF2V files on it.

Here goes nothing.
mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM
Hash: 3bb2e73d2d2206988376cd1abbcfa67810ad7f3e
Overall size: 6 fugging gigs

Now lets just hope we don't have too many leechers.

I don't remember any hats either, just a shit-ton of TF2's dumber unlocks being added along with 4-way deathmatch stuff. I remember the mentally ill tranny though, lead-dev's replacement after he was locked out of his own project and would float around servers abusing dev-commands and then getting asshurt about being banned for cheating.

Speaking of unlocks, we should look into them once the core game is established and stupid things like checks on whether or not it's the sentry's model causing crashes stop taking days to weeks, because frankly it won't survive without some deviation from total stock, including Engineer hauling and airblast is already proof of that. More than just Kritzkrieg and FaN as well, there's plenty others that fit and can be added or tweaked before being added and there's certainly more than those two that fit the game's look and feel and those two being the only ones cited as fitting/not breaking the game is becoming a meme in and of itself at this point. I like Iron Bomber.

Supposedly the mode was scrubbed out but there's still a butt-ton of assets relating to things not used anymore loitering around in the game files and taking up space. TF2V seems to want to be a return to "vanilla", even if literally every user that goes in here has a different idea of what "vanilla" is mild consensus seems to be on "2010-2012" TF2 which is most certainly not true vanilla, nobody actually likes the imbalanced bug-ridden mess that is true vanilla/console TF2

The consensus is closer to pre-mannconony tf2.

Mannconomy itself had good things and bad things, looking purely at weapons I'd keep the L'etranger, GRU and maybe Degreaser. Even with it introducing more bad than good I'd probably trade live TF2 for TF2 around that time in a heartbeat.

Yeah I double checked and even asked around. The only hats in the game people could be remembering is that on Redchanit (which everyone hates anyways) there was a plugin that gave people banana XD hats.
Also, i sort of remember the tranny now but didnt he get kicked off like a year ago? Ik for a fact he's not the lead dev anymore
4-way deathmatch? I don't remember that, i remember the 4 teams modes and a deathmatch mode but i dont think there was a 4team deathmatch mode. Maybe I'm wrong but that just seems silly, from what I can tell 2 team deathmatch isnt even implemented

I dont think the unlocks were that dumb, but some of them were kinda unneccessary. Just about all they added was some beta weapons, the flare gun, and the gunboats from my memory. Also that dumb overpowererd shotgun for sniper. Seems kinda dumb forking it into an entirely new mod when everything everyone seems to be complaining about can be disabled with console commands when you host a server.

I definitely believe that the sweet spot is a return to actual vanilla but with the engineer building placement and pyro airblast abilities added back in, and stability. It's kinda cheating to call that vanilla but that works the best. If that becomes the parameters for TF2V, it will have at least succeeded where TF2C failed, especially if it's truly stable.

What comes afterwards wouldn't matter. A stable and final build of TF2V will undoubtedly become a base build for some other project to fork TF2. Personally I just hope to see yellow and green stay because the utter chaos of 4 teams fighting at once is what really brings me back to the joys of TFC but I wouldn't call it a major goal.

I wish there existed a video of the rat maps in TFC that took advantage of the yellow and green team being there but all I find is cancerous e-celeb videos of people playing bitching about TFC when I do a search.

I agree with this. I'd say a handful of unlocks like the Kritzkrieg or Flaregun (the actual sidegrades) would be fine as well. The thing that turned TF2 into a mess is that there were way too many unlocks and too few of them were well thought out, not the fact there were any unlocks in the first place.

Isnt this exactly what TF2C is doing?

Short answer: no
Long answer: also no, they want to make a tf2 with all the shit they want, with deathmatch and weapons not present in the final cut, etc. Not really tf2 classic at that point, it's more of a "my personal tf2"

Anyone got those pieces of art from the last thread that user made that's just the TF2V logo? I'm gonna start work on the Moddb page because I learned I can upload a 8 gig file to their server without needing any "premium"

Was I
Was I supposed to do something here?

Try 7zip, goy.

Lil late.
Oh wait I didn't update those two programs in a while, let me try that.

Oh whoa there
Time to join and shitpost I guess

Sage for doublepost

7zip or Peazip, personally recommend Peazip though

I need 5 TF2V pics. send help

You are the only guy i agree with, this is just a bad copy of tf2c right now, and pretty much everything that is here can be done with a server config in 5 minutes or less

Why not?

no one wants to play your mod get over it

basically we "need" some faggot e-celeb to shill it for us or else "it's not a real mod"

i mean, this is just shitporting code into a game for "LeLs xD"s, isn't it?

I thought TF2C was alive, whats the matter :^)

don't lump me in with them. I just don't see the point of this.

your time is only wasted by posting here, padre

Let me break it down for you, why would you subject yourself to a mentally unstable dev and developers who would come into your server, abuse their console commands and shit up your server? Why do you think it's unacceptable to fork something to prevent it from being fucked over. TF2C is going the way of Retail TF2, just down a path THEY want.

Arena already was that. Dunno why TF2IDF constantly screeches about this. They didn't do anything interesting to the formula
a cluster fuck and a nightmare of balancing in where nothing stops teams from pushing out a single team with no incentives to keep fighting everyone.

TF2C circlejerk is just mad no one wants to play their shitty game so badly a bootleg of a bootleg was made

Sorry but no gays allowed, try again

This is not even about if tf2c is better or not, the point is that tf2v has not made any big or majors changes at all that it doesnt even deserves to be called a "mod"

I'll admit that Kritzkrieg and maybe Cloak and Dagger are pretty fucking neat, but almost every unlock fucked with the game's balance. Here's some examples, writing this while sleep-deprived, so don't expect too much

TF2C cancer won't join us this way, filesize is less and it made Alphablaster and his homo butt buddies mad, why shouldn't we proceed?
This is exactly what was done to kick this off, people realized they could fork dm bloat and other stuff away so they did. If you're mad, keep being mad, if you're not, why care then?

A modification is it changes something. This is a chagne from both TF2 and TF2C

Actually why do they call it classic anymore if they keep injecting shit into it? It's not really TFC with grenades nor does it have anything that warrants creating it's own mod for. You could recreate the 4 way gamemode in Nu TF2 as well as the VIP through gamemode scripting. In fact there's even a gamemode that replicates TFC in TF2 already complete with the grenades.

They insist their OC DONUT STEEL gamemodes based on other gamemodes are totally original. Espionage is just a knockoff of TTT, Henchman is a knockoff of VSH and then the gameplay of TF2C is the TFC gamemode in TF2.

Pretty much, not much of a mod now is it :^)

In any case uploading to a throw away G drive and from there gonna link it in the thread. If people can post in game TF2V screenshots that'd be great. The more action oriented the better

nigga, you sound like alphablaster. I used to play with that fag, and whenever a furry popped up he'd have a meltdown. and then he'd try to lump them in with the worst people imaginable.
now, whenever someone brings up TF2C and/or questions the legitimacy of TF2V you just go "FUCK OFF TF2C SHILL" "TRANNY DEFENDER"

TF2 is dead. The community, a zombie with tumors.

As much as I would absolutely love, LOVE to play with the Flare Gun, FaN and Cuntsman, I'd rather keep it simple and vanilla, I'm willing to make that sacrifice. I'm all for "Quality of Life" fixes, but no major changes like weapons or sets/set bonuses.
I'm a lot of things (beautiful, tasteful, smart, quick-thinking, funny, modest), but I'm not a hypocrite.

Oh, and I'm also mad about the Quick-Fix. For a low price of nerfing your uber and overheal you're able to heal faster, pocket scouts, rocketjumping soldiers/stickyjumping demos don't get out of your range anymore and finally if you uber you can't get airblasted or blasted away with a rocket or anything, meaning pyros get nerfed even further. Fffuck this thing.

Oh I'm laughing

Like I said in the last thread, there's no way to add weapons without people disagreeing; the best solution is to stick with vanilla.

Can't you get it with steamcmd?

Because this way, the mod is being managed by local anons instead of tf2c's retarded devs.

I suggest we simply ignore the drama detractors and possible outside naysayers. We play this out naturally and let the dev… well, dev.

Fuck it, best approach rather than writing a huge wall of text. TF2C devs have made retarded choices and thus TF2V exists because of it

On the topic of retarded choices, I've been trying to get this thing to play on my thinkpad R400 (I'm sure some of you remember my whining) by combining the low-poly tommy mod, a flat texture mod and two "high-performance" .ini file modifications.
This got me a decent 40-60 framerate on loonix, but it still feels off. Sometimes I'm sure I hit on target, but it's not registered. And I know it's bullshit because I've also played it on my Win7 PC without any mods whatsoever and have personally performed better.
Any ideas?

Can you post links to those mods? Running it off a toaster here, would be a huge help.

I should re-watch Rozen Maiden, it's been years

I think the mods are fucking with something and this build isn't native t o linux. If I was a bit brighter I'd love to try and bring this mod to OpenGL for the rendering for the framerate boost and less resource needs it provides over DX9

That's the best way to describe it: I'm just an user and one of the major server hosters since TF2C b1 that got fed up with the direction of where TF2C was going. To me, "Classic" and "Vintage" means throwback and so Vintage is about old TF2 with various QoL improvements.

The sentry fix has been there for a week now, this is the first version that adds it into base TF2V. Keep in mind the dev team for TF2C is forty developers and twenty five beta testers and it wasn't until recently they also fixed the sentry issue. Keep in mind the dev team for TF2V is one bored user in his free time and a handful of anons just playing the game for ours.

fuck, I don't have it on hand and I'm booted into windows, give me like 10-20 mins, I might have to post from a different IP.
If all else fails, I'll just try to make a torrent out of my folders (that's TF2V v1).

By the way, is there nobody playing right now or is something just flaky? There seem to be 2 servers total and refreshing the server list makes them disappear.
Also why is my name "William Taft"

Taft runs no-steam so it's his default name. see the 2nd post in this thread on how to change your name. Right now as you guess it no one is playing and only 2 servers exist. Thus why if more people learn about it the server list and player base will grow

Gonna join the server right now, if nobody gets in within 15 minutes I'm gone and it's a dead fucking game.

That said, please join instead of shitposting.

I'm actually working on uploading a mirror for it so my ping would be trash

Excuse me I'm seeding for a innocent Italian.

Are you F*cking stupid? They fixed the sentry crash months ago, they just never released a patch for it, they are gonna release the patch in the next update

hey buddy >>>/reddit/ is that way

Post something useful instead of giving a fuck on how i write

They did in the closed beta build

and how can you be sure they fixed it if all you're doing is making a claim based on their word

I'm making a claim because i am a beta tester and have access to beta build dumbass

Hello TF2C metaclub.
Are you here to brag about finally fixing engineer turrets? Did you steal the fix form TF2V?

Omfg, i' m done here, this thread is stupid as fuck

Can you prove the claim that you are a beta tester for TF2C?

then go back to your b*tt buddy

Felik's is probably the newest and best TF2 config to date (it should also work with TF2V). It was made completely from scratch, and easily beats Chris' maxframes. Here's a reupload from Jewgle Drive, since it went down because of reworking and teamfortress.tv drama.

drive.google.com/open?id=0BwZOTZzq5529MDFQMm5TdnprNW8

also E.E. I had to help out which is why I went AFK and then it kicked me for being AFK. gonna go back to working on uploading that mirrior

Well I don't like low population much myself.

Also question of highest importance what is this.

please ignore the detractors and drama queens

please ignore the dragon dildos

waiting for moddb to verify the files and I'll post the link to the moddb page.

It's part of this laser thingamagick construction.

Right, just 5 seconds after I took that screenshot, my game froze up again.
Now I've played for about 5 minutes alone on the server (1 other player was there when it crashed) and nothing happens:
youtu.be/k-CvxcpIh5k
I had 8x Antialiasing last time and none during the scout recording, but I turned it back on during the Engi recording ( youtu.be/pKRpoj5PxC8 ) and it's working fine. So I'm guessing it has something to do with my client/machine not being able to process more than one person on the server? I've had similar issues with other multiplayer games, co-op ones.
Wanted to show exactly what it looked like on my end, not just a recording stopping abruptly.

Are you niggers even playing?

Down time right now on my end. Once I piece together the moddb page I will for a bit.

i am now, get in nigs

i'm coming

I AM A FUCKING LEGEND!!!
God I cannot land a shot to save my life. Literally.

Holla Forumsintage fun crashed

3D modeler here, I add me on steam I might be able to fix the teleporter and soldier juggle glitches.

Steam ID: Crollin

just get the fixes done and post it in the thread made. don't have to add anyone. but thanks for the help

feggets get in here

Meme rejects my steam validation and Holla Forumsintage isn't on the list.

busy at the moment, later tonight. server seems to fill up at nights.

Considering the ace of spade's gamenight is still going we're probably not going to fill up until peak hours.

That's fine. We should hurry up with the fixes and hopefulyl we can get a gamenight going if we can get the non-steam version packaged

heh arean match bitches

arena

There's no way to exclude weapons without people disagreeing as well. Believe you me, eventually you'll be looking at some method of content-creation or inclusion to spice things up, and unlocks are about the easiest way to do it. Note I'm a proponent of only looking at them after the game's pretty well stable and most or all bugfixes are out of the way, though; the core game takes precedent over absolutely anything else.

Ok, so I took a look at the model and I haven't found anything out of the ordinary yet. I tried to replicate the glitch in a singleplayer server but couldn't manage to get it to glitch, can someone tell me how the teleporter ends up on it's side?

Probably because server and client have different models? I mean, that's what I think.

I just built the teleporter with the V2 build and no issues when it animated

only other animation issue is soldier's shotgun taunt and I believe no sound when the medic uses his saw taunt

Hm.. I was also thinking that it was an issue serverside but I can confirm there is only one teleporter model used for both singleplayer and multiplayer.

I think that the shotgun taunt could be a naming error in the dopesheet editor which would be half blender and half coding, however I may be able to fix it souly in blender.

The missing medic sounds is most likely something code/directory side.

we got 2v2 right now join!

Hm?

Guys my steam validation still isn't being accepted, sorry.

wew, 14

Some faggots forget to enable no steam on their servers

4v3

SO I don't think engineer was ever fixed. I just crashed when my dispenser was destroyed was whacking it

Did you get the update? It wasn't just for servers.

so, i got it downloaded, where do i put it? i put it in steam/steamapps/sourcemods
see nothing, and yes i restarted steam, sorry for asking for some spoonfeeding

SOMEONE IN THE SERB WHO SEES THIS: TELL HIM TO DISABLE THE STEAM SHIT
FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL CAUSE SPERGING

that should of worked

never gets old

Unzip the folder, then grab the 'models' folder from All Buildings > Buildings + Gibs, merge it with the one in your TF2V main folder, overwrite everything. Worked for me.

The server seems to have "no steam" tag but clearly it's lying. Sappy needs to fix it

clean v2 install

(you)

okay, now im getting this error, i was just playing

i unzipped it, that's what i mean, pic related
or wait, isn't there some way to like make it visible in my library?

Oh, thought you were talking about the update. This is fine, you should just need to restart Steam and it should show up.

Do you have sourcesdk multiplayer?

just restarted, still nothing

i do, yes

hold on, I'm getting a simular error running the steam version.

can you post a screen of inside the folder?

Ay hol' up, Something ain't right.

fake. It's not even in the library anymore. it's under tools and it's free

nigger, this is actually a legit problem i'm having.

It seems to me that TF2C devs sperged out a little too much.

uhh ok. No I just checked and I have that "pre-loaded" thing too on my account

I suggest you niggers add in the loadout back in. We should add in all the stuff from TF2C but make it non-cucked.

I guess it's time to go full force no steam now.
anyone got a linux version packaged for that shit>

no

really makes u think

well fuck this. I sent a ticket into steam about this it'll take years but we'll see what happens

No fuck off shlomo you aren't funny either no wonder you're part of that failed Holla Forums greifing group

Before we freak out best to find a source mod that runs off the SDK and see if THAT launches

use
and dual-boot

I'd rather not.

Changing IP's so soon, alpha?

calm down sholmo and try not to sperg out, not my fault when I looked in your profile you're part of that Holla Forums griefing group that self destructed because two of the dudes were /mu/ rejects that got asshurt that /mu/ shat on their music choice to the point they took it out on the group.

Got revemu for linux by any chance?
sense it doesn't apear that anyone has packaged it, i think i'll take a swing at it.

which group tho??
there's at least 3

Hey, can we stop derailing the thread with this retarded shit and actually try to fix this sdk problem.

What happened to the source SDK?

understandable. why it suddenly became cost oriented I have no idea

steamdb.info/app/243730/history/

valve decided to go full shekles

WHY

What? why?

good thing classic went closed source goy

Won't change their dependency on the 2013 base.

This si weird

I can't really play anymore today, too tired and too mad, not just from being shit at the game mind you.
This is the only screen I managed to grab today, but I think there's some use in those recordings I'd made, at least the last one with a rage quit at the end.

Is it time to panic?

Well, it doesn't apear that sdk in itself has changed, it's just the steam launcher that's fucked.

see

Sorry nazi for being a useless sniper. Was fun though

That was before you got on

steams fucked, no steam now.

Time to move to no steam and to prioritize this version

A blessing in disguise?

beautiful

I think so, only issue now is designing anti-cheat that works.

I think making vote kick more effective would work fine.

Why now?
Didn't they just update all these old source games like a month ago?

Make vote kick actually work and you don't need to make an anti-cheat.

Problem with vote kick is you'd only create a temporary solution to something that needs a permanent one.

Punkbuster? I don't know, did GameSpy have some weird anti-cheat thing too?

Surely nobody can be butthurt enough to shit up the server with cheats that long?

I'd rather kick the same person day after day than myself be banned permanently because of an anti-cheat going off on nothing or going nuclear and needing to scan my computer constantly to make sure I'm not doing anything unscrupulous.
At worst just make it so if the person being votekicked leaves before the vote completes it becomes a voteban.

No worries, would've preferred arena to koth with 2v2 though.

Welp, Valve is either making the Source stuff one big downloadable package or trying to cash out on it for "Mod support". Fucking Jews.

ya never know, the TF2C circle jerk cmae in here because of how not mad they were some user forked their publicly available source code to make their own mod

Is the 2013 version just under "Source SDK" now? Otherwise the versions available are 2006 and 2007.

No, I just checked

Is not just the Source SDK 2013, look at this
steamdb.info/sub/0/history/

heh
steamdb.info/sub/1/history/

according to a friend it's not just the SDK

What are they doing?

A lot of dedicated server software and other SDKs are gone as well.

Someone try installing dota 2, I tested out of curiosity and got errors, but I'm not sure if it's just me.

oh fug
if you need a clean installation of source SDK before steam decided to ruin fun, it's over here
Also Whoops forgot to reset playername=Anonymous

WILLIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

Ok so i found the reason of all this, Steam was not delivering updates, Valve "Fixed" it, but fucked up Free Tools Ownership.
twitter.com/SteamDB/status/886344212572241923
Dear Valve, Please Fix something without breaking anything else

:DD where's the fugging server, MSM?

wew

Also PSA: you can't play F2P games, that includes TF2, unless you have bought the game pre-F2P.

I don't host my upload speeds are atrocious, right now I gotta figure out why Moddb is being funny about part 1 beign uploaded. I had to break the mod into parts because of the 2.8 gig limit on files so I broke both into 2 gig chunks and both parts are under 2 gig

I own it as premium, booted for me. Seems if you've paid for it at all. I bought a key once to sell for refined metal.

Hello?

Thanks, Valve.

Fuck.

Might as well set up a tracker while we're here. What would be a good choice?

I think the stand alone might have a damaged archive and need a re-up

the sdk 2013 and all the free shit is now back

Shid. How do I fix this?

WORKING AGAIN

Yeah, it seems that way.
Don't know what fucking happened there.

valve fucked something up and had to do a roll back

Vintage serbian's back up.
Let's fugging play

server is back up come join feggets

Of a corrupt archive. What idiot made a torrent of broken garbage?

It worked once I updated my 7zip.

4v4 right on barnblitz

reminder that TF2C faggots are willing to lie to valve to keep their stolen code mod from becoming irrelevant

What, he expects that to work? The very moment Valve looks into the github and sees it's yet another "old TF2" mod project they'll completely ignore any such feedback, especially so if they see it's like maybe 20 people saying such things. Bonus points if they use email addresses associated with their normal Steam accounts or with TF2C's own code and out themselves as asshurt about a rival project popping up.

We have completely removed any sort of monetary gain, and the base product we have ironically looks nothing like the product as it exists today.

(((steam authentication failed)))
sappy i sware on me mum

They'll vaguely word it and yeah.

I'd like to suggest a pre-emptive strike AGAINST this. also to see if it is legal to package it as a steam independent version alongside the steam one. If you do feel like countering make sure to include the honest reason that the no-steam version is a goal to allow people to play who aren't all that keen on even installing steam as they view it as "obtrusive"

I'm sure people will come flocking back to your mod and your game after pissing them off that much.

Damn. I did a fresh install of V2.

why aren't we playing TF2C again?

Since I'm the dev of TF2V, I'm working on TF2V. It's other anons who are working on making it standalone. I'm not making it standalone so it complies with Source 2013 SDK so I'm not changing the engine or making it no-steam. There's no monetary infringement here because A: it's a free mod and B: it's removed the recent microtransactions, hats, weapons etc. and thus has no money making methods, not even donations. What they're trying to do is the equivalent of suing a car manufacturer after someone uses one of their cars to rob a store or suing a gun manufacturer after they got shot by a criminal.

Because the mod and the community are run by spiteful redditors who hate competition.

works on my machine

Because we want a standalone mod with vanilla TF2 + QoL improvements, without the retarded shit TF2C shoehorned into their game. Also

Try this link, this is to convert all the buildings into standard definition rather than the HD TF2C uses. I'll have a variant in the custom folder for the HD buildings in a future version.

Because of transexuals.

eh, i'd flash it

damn, my game crashed on sentry gib. Guess the bug is still there

Where are you nigs?

Waiting for people to immigrate from memeserver to Holla Forumsintage fun over here.

Just in case anything materializes from this, I updated the file that displays when opening the Github to counter any part of their attempts to shut down TF2V. If Volvo really ends up shutting it down and TF2C wins, Volvo is going to lose a frequent buyer.

I'd say just continue on behind the scenes and keep pushing it.

Hopefully nothing should arise from this and even then that's why I have the disclaimer now added to the Github. In the small chance that TF2V gets a C&D, I can always release a final version and let other anons fork it.

Did anyone get the Linux version or is it gone forever?

developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Mod_Content_Usage

The thing is we removed the content of TF2C as such even if we ran over to TF2P and claimed it as our base they can't do much we're safe.

It's been fixed for hours but you may want to get it now if you're still concerned.

yeah did some more legal reading we're in the clear since TF2C bases it's code off TF2 and due to this by proxy we're in the clear

>but no, let's make our project closed source and call theirs a bootleg and have it shut down
Good lord.

You think I'm gonna waste a full proper image on pointing out the stupidity of those assholes?

Get in here fuggers

get in here negros

Get in the server, nigs.

I'm trying to convert a map to CTF, I have an excuse.

Got some map suggestions.
gamebanana.com/maps/193885
gamebanana.com/maps/195257
gamebanana.com/maps/195139

They look like fun meme maps, but they're not good for prolong play. An example of what is a good community map would be something like ctf_convoy where you have an objective that is actually interesting to play.

it was a meme map if there ever was one but it gets a pass because its from the days of classic TF2

I may have gotten the moddb page set up, should I post it?

Dead hours I guess.

Whenever I join and there's a small group on, they're always RPing or doing some other stupid shit, so I don't bother until there's a decent amount on.

Holla Forumsintage fun didn't have any of that for the past 30 minutes.

Yeah most of the guys seem to be EST.

moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage

TF2V dev if you want it taken down lemme know or if anything needs changing.

what now

i keep getting missing map errors and having to manually download them. I thought the Holla Forumsintage fun host was setting up a fast dl server?

its up and working, i had problems even with stock maps when i was using the wrong version of the game
try downloading v2 if you have not

I am not good at videogames or writing or english but there seems to be a sort of a fundamental flaw with the game that keeps gnawing at me.

There's a disparity in the usefulness of classes.
Since the game at its core is built around the interaction of shooting and moving in order to kill while not dying, the usefullness of the class is kind of like the area of a triangle formed by a line denoting the relation on a carthesian graph where the axes are mobility and damage potential.

Generalist classes like Demoman, Soldier, Scout are good at both movement and combat – the two things that make up the core gameplay and that all other mechanics work around. Medic does damage mitigation like a motherfucker, and not dying is also the big dealbreaker for core gameplay. He acts as a multiplier of surviveability and therefore – damage potential of other classes. He makes everyone else exponentially more useful.
These four classes stay useful no matter what's going on in the game.

Specialist classes like Heavy, Spy, Engie are either situational or slow the game down making it less fun/ fulfilling
Heavy is slow and gets killed easily. He can push or defend chokepoints, but whenever the game moves fast, he's dead weight by design. Good at killing, bad at moving.
Spy is useless if the other team pays attention. He can pick off the med or bust through an engie nest, but that's really situational, and outside of those situations he really is dead weight.
Engie takes a long time to roll out, has a really hard time moving his nest around even afforded hauling, even not being too slow on his own, and the usefullness of his buildings is nil if the flow of battle changes and the traffic of teammates or enemies circumvents the buildings. He really is mostly useful for chokes and stalemates, where you need to hunker down. Sometimes he can plop an exit behind enemy lines but this rarely happens. Again – very situational. And so is the intensity of his play – you might be ripping your ass in half one moment, making sure your shit isn't being wrecked, and the next moment you aren't really doing anything.
Pyro is bad. The design of the class itself lacks focus – it's a close range combatant, sure, but what the fuck does he actually have to fascilitate that? Does he get extra tools to ambush people? Does he get some means to close distance to his target fast, or to mitigate/avoid damage if played correctly? The airblast helps but isn't nearly enough. Pyro has been kinda useless from release straight to this day, unless I am forgetting something.
Sniper picks shit off, and can do real damage, but is not that fun to play with or against. That would not be too bad in and of itself if he wasn't countered by himself. You do sniper things until the enemy gets a sniper of their own. Then it's sniper war. And you don't really get to do much shit other than this.
Demoknight is like a very loud spy. Can do picks if the enemy isn't paying attention, but they eventually will wise up to you. Really needs more fleshing out.

Some classes are universally good to have, others are only useful at specific times and in specific situations.
1. The balance of the game is heavily skewed in favor of generalist classes on the whole. Not in specific matchups, – there are situations where a specialist class absolutely fucks up a generalist. But these situations are much fewer and come up much more rarely than the reverse.
2. The specialist classes have little to do and are not fun to play outside of their speciality. This is pretty fucking self-evident and I feel like a retard for complaining about it. Probably because I can't properly put my grievances into words. I guess I just wish that these specialist classes would have something useful to do outside of their "main job". Say, engie has his toys and that's the heart of him as a class, but he can also dispence ammo and give armor boosts (like in quake/classic/forever) for teammates when he isn't babysitting his nest. Just something to bridge the void that is downtime between useful nests, so that the player doesn't feel the immediate need to switch to a soldier/demo/scout/med/.
3. Some classes are just not fucking developed. Pyro and knight are neat ideas and their respective modes of play feel unique and fun. But they aren't awfully useful and seem a bit unfocused.

thank you for your patience

Some of the people who've been playing are 4 AM fags. So, naturally, they are prone to RPing and being general faggots

Do I dare ask how they are RPing? Or do you just mean like "Holla Forums LARPing"

Also as a request for the user dumping discord screencaps, archive them please and upload them somewhere

Right read your points till I saw you bitching about Pyro. Pyro's class is based around ambushing or area denial in CQC. Too many idiots are used to degreaser/flaregun/axetinguisher combo and rely on the guaranteed crits.

Not a problem considering this is TF2 without that retarded bullshit

Also That's the point of General purpose classes, they're a everyman roll and can do a lot of things just not well. Specialzed roles are meant for situations or to create situations that are advantages for their teams.

As someone who played Engineer religiously let me address your gripes with Engineer.

On the offensive you're only EVER setting up nests when you need to hold a line and even then the nest is there to support your team. If you fail to support your team the chance of their offensive push falling to bits goes through the roof. On the offensive a Engineer's main role is to assist in resupply and healing, either as a suppliment to the team's medic(s) or to accommodate for the lack of them. Your Sentry gun is never really there. Since this is TF2V and not TF2 you have no mini sentry like in the old days. You can throw down a level 1 for that quick boost in fire power during a chaotic push since the enemy would most likely be fixated on heavies.

For defensive you want support. The engineer is a support class and he excels when dug in. It may create stalemates but that's more of a fault of the enemy team if they can't break the stalemate (typically poor composition because pubbies want to roll sniper or play obvious spy).

Spies are useless if the team is paying attention you're right. The spy excels again if the enemy team is caught up in a chaotic moment or is preoccupied with a push and the spy slips in. The role of the spy primarily is to create those aforementioned advantages for his team be it sentry sapping or back stabbing the enemy medic ready to pop an ubercharge.

You can't just "re-purpose" the classes without brekaing the flow. why even have classes if that's the issue then and opt into a battlefield style game where it's just a think you pick up off the ground that predetermines your load out.

I mean, fuck the specialist classes winning more matchups or being more "combat balanced" – that would water down what makes them unique.
I don't know why I even put this down as an issue.
It's not the balance, its just adding secondary mechanics that would make specialists useful in a non-combat way (and therefore – ouside of their strong specific situations).

That thing is that lead to some items like the blackbox, or jarate. sure it benefits the player or make the class more viable in a situation but it ends up altering the role in some cases or the dependance on another class

Theyre 4 AM fags, so probably a mix between natsoc LARPing and actual RPing. Probably ERP when nobody else is around, too. RPfags are truly as bad as furfags, if not arguably worse by a small margin.

There is no such thing as Demoknights in TF2V, or will they ever exist.

Anyway, I'd like to point out some pointers and counters to that list I've learned from comp.

It's not that the classes are bad, it's that they all have situations that they all excel in and others that they don't work so well. I'm referring to stock balancing here though.

Can we possibly have a non-torrent standalone download? I'd be in-game if only there was one

I reinstalled TF2 today after not touching it for 3 years to see if the memes were true, and I didn't seem to find any of these ponyfag circlerjerks or hat idle traders in any of the casual mode servers I went to. Didn't even see any noticeable amount of gibus.
What I did see though is the skill level overall has gone through the goddamn drain, like, what the fuck is with all these fucking soldiers that can't hit a heavy rev up? Holy shit this is maddeningly bad.
Also what the fuck are these exp bars and weapons glowing yellow on the floor?

How are you not aware valve pretty much killed community servers?

Can't say I miss Skial very much

Skial is still alive, sadly. But but and large most of the communtiy servers are dead or on life support. Unless you want to play Versus saxton hale, sit in a idle server or sit in a trade server there's not much left. The player base grew exponentially stupid when the game went F2P and it hasn't gotten really any better.

EXP bars in casual mode are for the level-up system, which does absolutely nothing but make you feel good for completing a match. Same goes for ranked matchmaking except your EXP can go down there. The glowing weapons are a holdover from TF2 trying to mimic CS:GO, you can use that to switch out your weapon with the one on the floor. It's also why ammokits spawn on player-death instead of the weapon itself being available as a pickup.

anyone up for some fun?

ye

I'm a much bigger fan of picking up an enemy weapon as ammo (something even Heavy alluded to in Poker Night) but for quite some time it made tradeniggers and idlers mad, so it had hilarity potential. That australium weapon they traded so hard for could be picked up and used by anybody else once they were killed (which happened a lot because they're fucking traders first and foremost) so there was a lot of screeching when first introduced.

does it even work on linux?

whoever made it's probably been doing some stupid filesystem hacking

I didn't drag any folders but if the engine's any good it should be case insensitive

RICOCHET 2 CONFIRMED

I tried to poorly clean up/redo the promo image, but realized only halfway that it's been JAYPEGGED to oblivion.
Do you want me to redo it again but this time properly in PNG format?

Also, since the mod is now on Moddb, I think it'd be for the best if we kept any mentions of Holla Forums outside of game chat.

despite it being on moddb now it only has like 4 downloads, 1 is the admin that had to approve of it.

fug

Pyro isn't hard if you relegate yourself to ambushing enemies.

So, what do I do with this folder once I extract it?

If you want to use Steam, install Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer, then put the tf2vintage folder into Steam/Steamapps/sourcemods. Then restart steam.
If you don't want to use Steam, follow these instructions:
Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer DL is here:

anyone on and wanna touch peepis?
i'm down for a round of hardcore heavyfisting

Thanks, game. I needed that

flood vintage fun the other one seems to be reddit run

You're going to have to get over your normalfagphobia if you want to play. We need more than 4 people for there to be a point to having the game at all.

Well my accusation is foundless I only bring it up because we do have people here that can't play on it due to it being VAC secured

My only issue is it being VAC protected which means the no-steam anons can't play. but whatever

But I ran it through steam…
I haven't updated to V2 though.

You're going to get over your antisteamfagphobia if you want to play with people using a no-steam version

Yes, and? We're talking about non-steam users.

Pretty much, ultimately it IS their server but it's going to exclude the few anons who want to play without needing steam.

Let's not start server wars but be mindful

And I'm talking about me running it through Steam and VAC saying I'm an insecure faggot.

that is weird. tried googling?

The "oldschool" texture mod is not available for download, but in hte comment section you can download this thing, which is actually what I have installed right now:
gamebanana.com/skins/125224

Nobody really knows what causes this to happen. People suggest either opting into the Steam Beta or Deleting download cache. Well I opted into the beta, but now the sever is offline, so I can't check if it worked.
I can still join our regular servers just fine.

well oh shucks

It looks like the same group of butthurt people who keep saying TF2V is TF2C by routing their TF2C server to show up in the TF2V server list and playing nothing but FFA Deathmatch.

so ignore it?

Pretty much. Since TF2V strips out DM only people with TF2C can play on it but since TF2C is pointing at TF2V nobody from TF2C can connect either. They're wasting their time trying to advertise TF2C with a gamemode nobody wants to play nor can.

I think one of em is pestering the moddb page. they really are upset over nothing. You should see the story they spun on facepunch over their discord link being taken down

It seems like one of them is pestering the mod page though fortunately not passive aggressively attacking it unlike here. Haven't checked facepunch, what is their spin on TF2V?

it's more like they tried to spine it taking down their discord as them being "raided by trolls"

One of the strange things I realized typing this up was that Alpha in 2015 wanted to be loved by Holla Forums, and now when Holla Forums does something about TF2 he disowns it and makes people play the shitty reddit/facepunch misdirected version.

Found another low-poly mod:
steamcommunity.com/app/440/discussions/0/541907867776287823/

pics related, it's harmless, in the end he's the one wasting time with pestering, devanon chooses to have a little pet project

When I saw private profile I knew the guy was just trying to start shit.

Don't engage. Dismiss him politely and entirely. When people take a gander at the comment section, they're going to see walls of text and think "Wow, the lolcow season is open!" or "I don't want to be a part of this clusterfuck".
Anyways, I'm gonna finish watching this movie (bout half an hour) and wait on the Holla Forumsintage server for people to show up.

done and done.

Fotress '98

Looks like he gave up on being polite and is desperately trying to bait you.

get on here niggers

Should I respond to him I have some nice good responses

Either don't or be nice, and if you do respond do not respond to any further replies

Nah, these people will get bored if you don't reply to them. They feed on our attention because their game's attention is waning. They're desperately trying to get people to think TF2V is the villain so they keep moving goalposts and trying to stir shit up.

Pic related, they're willing to call anyone who criticizes TF2C a troll. What they don't understand is the people who play TF2V were TF2C fans that were put off by the mismanagement of the game.

No. Starve it of attention.

Don't know how useful these could be to anybody, but here you go.

That's really pathetic

weird I was able to join. server died again though wait for later tonight

aight

Who is that handsome, devilish man? I can tell he practically rakes in the pussy, with those chiseled looks.

Nah, he's a fag. Trust me, he started coming on to me when I dominated him back.

ok, quaker, you can stop now

By the way:

V2H1 NOW AVAILABLE

This version combines the Engineer Test Fix 2 with V2, so you don't need to upgrade if you grabbed that already.

Full install:

mega.nz/#!vFlVXKAI!2kBtDvOtUD4nMcY9a8gTOyF9j2b5GRNhLG4BJz8jJ4M

Upgrade from V2 to V2H1:

Thanks for providing a V2 to V2H1 update. It would suck ass to download another 3 gb.

Also

Thanks for the hotfix

you must download V2

For those wondering how to get this on loonix - pic related.

Can somebody suggest a custom hud compatible with TF2V?

it's base code is pre-LAW TF2. should work with any TF2 hud and any newer or updated hud can be easily made to work with it

When will the suffering end?

tough break user, tried some house keeping?

I only have 3 games installed: tf2v, shadowrun returns and shadow warrior redux.
Goodybe shadowrun, you pretty much shadowcrawled on his toaster anyway.

Tried running it as is, of course the framerate is shit. I applied the Low poly .vpk file I posted earlier, but I already knew it wasn't going to be enough. Chris's config is not enough either. What's more, my game can't enter the main menu now, it just closes itself after loading.
Now I'm trying to merge the modded folders from V1, but I'm not going to press Y for each and every file. Anybody know how to say "Yes to all"?

Fuck it, I'll just overwrite all three folders with the modded V1 folders, see what happens. Probably undoing all your work in the process.
I don't even know anymore, we're on page 11 anyway, a fresh thread will feel nice.

Not to shit on your ice cream, but you guys need to get more serious.

once this one hits page 13.

Then help us, even TF2C's "public build" still has sentry issues. We're already 8 steps ahead of them. TF2V dev user needs help. As for "what era" TF2V dev user has already stepped in and said "Pre-mannconomy" so that's final.

Also the sentry swap is easy, but a actual fix isn't and it'll take a bit of time to make a proper fix. No one here is really stepping up to offer fixes or help. just words.

So are you guys finally adding in the flare gun and huntsman?
Can't wait!

Nope he's keeping it stock, too bad :^)

So which one is it?

Both it seems. You could always go play TF2 if you need huntsman

Nigger you're practically talking about quantum mechanics here.
But no one wants that.

well I'll leave it for TF2V dev user to explain

>Nobody wants the huntsman and tf2!
am I being tricked?

I want the huntsman, but not the rest of TF2.

I'd say the best of both worlds would be bugfixes and QoL from pre-mannconomy, stock weapons only.
In the future maybe very discrete balancing that can be disabled/enabled with server commands.

nah, cuntsman had a shit hitbox and coupled with the fact TF2 player hitboxes don't rotate with the model created the worst hit detection.

New weapons is QoL tbh.

Sounds like a (you) problem. It's not the weapons fault for every player hitbox being shit.

fuck outta here

I wouldn't say that. As pointed out, most new weapons were either useless gimmicks, bad attempts at balancing or straight upgrades that made stock weapons useless. Sure, some of them were fun, the axtinguisher was one of my favorites, but actual well thought-out balancing would be better.
So I'd say less is better, stick to the stock weapons.

Hey Alpha.

I say only unique weapons and pre-mann weapons should be allowed. Like the huntsman, flare gun, sandvich, Ambassador, and the Kritzkreig.

get the fuck out tbh

It goes further, the hitbox in the video is ONLY pertaining to projectile based weapons, which is what the huntsman is.

calm down you spaz. I don't think it's possible unless you want to get into the game's engine. I don't see any information on how to improve the hitboxes. the hitboxes for the hitscan weapons (sniper rifle, scatter gun, smg, pistol, etc) are more body conforming to the class. If there was a way to reference that for projectiles it would probably work but I don't know how and I doubt you can offer any insight other than passive aggressive implications.

the projectile hitbox seems to also be tied to collision with the players against other players as well as the world. again this seems like a engine issue.

fork the mod then. Simple as that, then add hats that didn't clash. might as well add polycount pack with their original stats intact too :^)

Additional weapons and balancing is such a fucking nightmare you have no idea how much it is. coupled with the aforementioned issue with hitboxes then you get the same gripes. Not to mention some of the new weapons were crutches for bad players who couldn't utilize a class properly. Players who typically want say degreaser and extinguisher did it because they can't do things quick enough or are too wasteful with their ammo, or need that edge in combat because they can't create a situation that starts them in combat with the advantage.

No, I'm saying that fixing physical hitboxes like is quite a bit of an undertaking, especially for a single fucking devanon.

Alright, wish me luck. MSM, you annoying cunt

Actually don't fork from us, Fork from TF2C leave all their shitty modes in and then add to it and call it something like TF2EX or something. might as well get a bit more salt from TF2C devs

I'm kind of torn: on one hand they're given attention they oh so crave, but on the other it's more potential salt of PEOPLE STEALIN OUR COOOODE

How? Their source is closed.
Already did :^)

okie doke.

good luck user, ,may your dreams come true

Nevermind this shit is way complicated. I'll just work with what I get and stop bitching I guess.

There's a reason hitboxes between players and projectiles are so simple, and it's because it's much more expensive to calculate collisions between them and the full hitbox. They have to be done every frame the projectile is in motion, whereas the collision for hitscan weapons can be calculated in a single call.

Which is why TF2V is in this area where it's hard to describe what it is exactly.

On one hand, having a stock TF2 is nice, but at the same time things like the airblast and building hauling are nice addons to the game just like the extra gamemodes are that making it purely vanilla would remove these features. With stock weapons the game is pretty well balanced out and doesn't have a clusterfuck of bullshit going on like modern TF2 where weaknesses of classes is made redundant or other classes are made redundant.

Reason I say pre-mannconomy isn't so much to add bullshit like Jarate, hats and weapon unlocks, but that was objectively the last TF2 version before it turned into hat simulator with trading, crafting and other stupid shit that started the end of the game.

If you really wanted to use the term, you could also TF2V as a more competitive oriented version of TF2: Trimmed down, no hats/extras, straight up TF2 where due to the stock nature of the game makes the learning curve low and the skill ceiling high with all the features of modern TF2.

I believe it.

TF2 - unlockable weapons - loadouts - cosmetics + soundsprays + some bugs = TF2V

whether its completely stock or not I dont mind
I'd be completely fine if it had everything in the game up to mannconomy, hats and all
I just don't want it to turn into the cancer that TF2C turned into

We're already leagues above it in that department.

Also I recommend people compile a pastebin or something for the OP and 1st post,, just in case I can't make the thread.

i got the next first post for next thread hot and ready

We could just go ahead and choose an update and stick with it really.
However, even then we'd have some bullshit to deal with on each update. We've got to work our balancing around nocrit you see.

tell me when you guys want a fresh thread

just put it out the second this hits page 13

NEW THREAD