The Sims

What's the best sims game? Also. share funny Sims stories or families.

Other urls found in this thread:

nraas.wikispaces.com/Tagger
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1 or 2. 3 is shit and people only like it because they're blinded by hatred of 4 or because it was their first entry into the series and are thus blinded by nostalgia. I had fun with it but it's ultimately the worst in the series. Good ideas but implemented extremely poorly.

2 with all addons.

That's the first time I've heard someone say 3 is worse than 4.

I had to deal with this shit crashing every 5 minutes when I had more than 5 EPs installed, and a loading time of an hour if I had more than 3. As someone that was a diehard Sims fan in the past, yes, it's fucking worse than TS4. TS4 is majorly jewed and I pirated it rather than wasted a single buck on it, but it's still leagues better than TS3, between actually fucking running and having an art style that doesn't put your sims squarely into Uncanny Valley.

3 is great because of the open world aspect to it, what sucks about 3 is the poor optimization which isn't as big of an issue nowadays with better specs and better guides to make the game run better. One problem 3 does have is that it's almost too easy in comparison to 1 and 2 since your sims can typically handle themselves.

3 is good because the open world is more immersive than just a house lot or because the sex mods are better

Open world wasn't really relevant, anyway(especially when it created rabbit holes because otherwise there was too much to process). You mostly just ran around collecting seeds. TS4 had the right idea with semi-open world, they just need to increase it so it's bigger sections of the town.

That's the only thing it has going for it in comparison to TS4. I agree with the above poster

Even with a larger amount of mods I just can't handle the way it looks.

1's good but your sims can't age without mods.
2's the most fun unless you hate the art style.
3's got the open world and Create a Style but runs like shit with too many mods and expansions installed.
4 is 3 but no open world and the least features of them all. The only thing it has going for it is the ability to mess with your sims' body shapes.

No, you did. I do shit around the town all the time. In sims 4 I don't go around because loading and control limitations.

Have fun being in that bar with 2 other people, user. That was basically the only thing you could do in TS3 with the open world outside of shit like collecting seeds.

The greatest thing I think 3 has over 2 is the trait system. Also mods like StoryProgression and kinkyworld really make the potential of open world shine. The limited open world of 4 could've been a good compromise between performance and freedom but the areas are so tiny it's not even worth it.

It's fine if you don't like the game, user, but you don't have to pull shit out of your ass. I've played the game for many hours. I know exactly what I did in my playtime. I also know that the game forces people to go to lots that you visit at certain times.

I'm not pulling shit out of my ass, but I know you've never played any of the games before TS3 if you're defending it this hard over one of its known problems. Enough of a problem that it has tutorials on how to fix it– by using mods.

That's the problem. Other than some gimmicks here and there, you have to rely on mods.

I never really had any funny stories. All I would do usually is build a gaol for all the other sims in the neighbourhood. I ended up killing the entire town with the gaol.

Obligatory best story coming through.

Also, what the hell is up with the captcha? I can barely make out what the letters are now.

Yeah sure. Hey, how about you download this mod ( nraas.wikispaces.com/Tagger ), go to a community lot, and watch sims zerg to your location. There was a mod made specifically to make sims stop doing that shit. I don't remember the name and I'm not going to bother researching to make a point about the stupid game. I didn't even say the club thing never happened, only that the game is designed so it wouldn't. A fucking bug isn't something everyone is guaranteed to experience especially in this buggy shit game that everyone has to mod just for it to function.

If you didn't do shit but pick seeds, so be it. I've been playing the game on/off since it was first leaked. I know what I did with my play time.

Imagine being so pathetic that you get cucked in a video game.

Is 4 worth pirating yet?

still doesn't have a seasons expansion, so no

I was in that thread, still have the html saved around here somewhere.

And we're back to the original problem.
The game is designed like shit with plenty of bugs and an ugly art style, and only mods make it decent. That does not make it a good or even a half-decent game.

I'm not entirely sure who the demographic for these games is. Clearly, at least a portion of them are either sociopaths or megalomaniacs, but that's probably not the whole playerbase. Right?

It's got toddlers, I heard Pets and Seasons are finally being hinted at.
I have some fun pirating it every once in a while. Maybe it's worth a Deluxe Edition buy, if they ever decide to be not-Jews and make one.

Teenage girls.

It's really bad, watch the LGR episodes on it, The only thing good about it is that you can multitask and conversations. but it's really bad and cuts a lot of content from the sims 3 it's like a revamp of sims 2,

Even vanilla 2 had more content than vanilla 4. You could create your own neighborhoods, for one.

I think I'm in the minority, but I greatly enjoyed TS2 DS

I liked all the wacky characters

The only console sims I've played was the first one for PS2 and urbz for GBA.

Urbz for Xbox was decent. Sims 1 and 2 had good console games. Breaking Out for the GBA was really fun and aged relatively well all considering, and I still really love TS2's Castaway.

Am i only one that finds this game really erotic for some really weird reason? It's like being in nuclear family where you play the husband and wife.

Is that in the sim 3? i never played the sims 1 or 2 very much, i've only started out with 3?

Castaway was really great, so was Medieval for that matter, EA really should've kept that spinoff line going.

Yes, that's in 3, you just have to download an external editor. On Sims 2 you could make maps in Sim City 4 then import them to the game, it had its problems but it was a pretty neat feature. I'd recommend you to grab 2, it has some features from 3 missing but it runs way better and a lot of fun stuff to do like owning your own business or living in an apartment complex with actual neighbors, instead of the sloppy way they did it in 3.

It was even better if you had Simcity 4

Sounds awesome, i'll check it out.

Fuck you I just wanted to post that!

Bump

One of the few good things that have come out of all the hours I’ve put into this (TS2) game was I turning Lilith’s life around – made her ditch the nigger, made sure she got great grades and seduced the housemaid her dad was fooling around with. When she and her sister went to college I had the housemaid actually move into the house.

I still got the save files on my old PC… 🤔

Does TS2 have sex mods?

Yep. More than TS3, I think. I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I remember being a kid and downloading teen pregnancy mods and having teen couples fuck everywhere and then have children. Because reasons.

kids are messed up man

I was pissed when I got TS3 and realized there weren't any teen pregnancy mods at the time.

You best deliver.

I've only recently started playing TS3 and I'm not going to play 4 anytime soon.

You'll never get that feeling of playing TS2 for the first time after spending years playing TS1 ever again

Does sims 2 have sex mods or any good mods at all? This is the only reason I stick with the later games.

It definitely had more mods, and I may be wrong on this, but I think it was easier to mod because the game files were all text based with folders for model skins.

what mods tho

Is the original Sims still fun to play? With all the expansions and stuff included.

Other than sociopaths or morons who recreate their daily routines in the game there's lonely women. I have a co-worker who is a fat feminist that loves the sims. Most other players I know of that aren't into mods like kinkyworld are women.
I'm the user who wanted to fug his chubby co-worker. I ended up deciding against it when she shared a "The end of heterosexual white cis males" article on facebook. Too dangerous, man.

4 is finally starting to pick up with a bunch of necessary updates and DLCs to have at least enough content to be playable. i'm never going back to 3 though. how could they find it acceptable that their game was so poorly optimized it couldn't even run with half the DLC. fucking hacks

anyone got the art goblin story?

Begone EA shill. 4 will always be the worst entry. Hell, it's not even picking up steam. There hasn't been a worthwhile pack of any sort for a long ass time. They're pulling the full nickel and dime Jew tactic.

There was some diamond-shaped sim city that sustained itself for like a million years or some shit. Video had some ominous fucking music to it, too. Trying to find it, but has anyone else seen the same video?

Magnasanti or some shit

As much as I liked the older Sims when they came out, they've been jewing pretty hard from the start even if it has increased in intensity.
I don't think anyone on this board would advocate for buying EA products and especially Sims.

That doesn't mean you can't just pirate it because it fucking is better than 3 and the first 2 are too outdated for which nostalgia doesn't make up. People have said it for ages but we need a Sims-like game made by someone entirely different.
Preferably with smut and full mod support is a must.

Fun fact: The music is from Hitman, which is why it was so ominous.

1: people who can set arbitrary goals in games (a necessity for sandboxes)
2: people who get bored with 1 and try to find interesting ways to kill their sims (if you can't have fun with this, the game just isn't for you)
3: people who install Kinky World for Sims 3 and never look back

this. when talking about sims, piracy seems self explanatory to me.

I never claimed that it was good. By the way, the mod just tags shit so that you can see each sim's movements.

Sounds about right.