Friday 13th: The Game

The pictures don't even give you an idea of how bad it is. It's worse.

steamcommunity.com/app/438740/reviews

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/offices/education/programs/national/ltp/games/moonbasealpha/mbalpha-landing-collection1-About.html
archive.is/g3X0H
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This shit is old news.

Whaat? But muh based e-celebs like it!

But it's not.

I saw a thread talking about this shit DAYS ago. Days are months in internet time.

Nigger if the dev were actually here in our sekrit klub, he would be defending his permaban of that one guy and meekly attempting damage control instead of trying to memory hole it. Yes, what that faggot dev did was stupid and incredibly homosexual as FUCK, but I'm just telling you this is old news.

This was me. Did I do good Holla Forums?

We can't talk about that, don't you know some youtube e-celeb did an video on this?

Your point?

This is the future of all online communities by the way. Developers will blackmail with your private information.

>PERMA BAn is overkill beyond belief, I mean I cant even play with my friend now all because he said the n word (N***)one time.
Games are getting too nigger friendly.

*Western civilization
FTFY

all joking and exaggeration aside this is my least favorite thing about the gaming industry today. "if you hurt anyone's feelings in our M rated game or use words we don't like we can ban you from the product you paid for". how the fuck do they get away with this? how can you sign away your 1st amendment rights with an EULA?

To think they destroyed their game just to white knight some 5/10 cunts. These nu-males never cease to amaze me.

HE'S GONNA TAKE YOU BACK TO THE PAST

As far as i know EULAs are not legally binding in burgerland, the only reason devs can get away with this is because most people don't have the time or money to fight them in court.
Non-burger here, so i'm not entirely sure.

I hate reddit, but I love going to this game's sub and watching this ship sink. This disaster of a game makes that place bearable.

Idk from personal experience but my Law prof said the same thing, judges wipe their asses with EULAs and no one is obligated to actually read let alone understand them.

Good enough I guess.

I want this game to burn.

Is Dead By Daylight any good? I know it's basically the same concept

I want to be fucked by Jason without his consent
Also that image "destroy Jason" the wording is similar to that of when a domesticated animal is put down, it's destroyed, as opposed to humans who're killed, stopped, or murdered
Interesting to compare him to a out of control/unwanted pet than a person

Only on a sale and if you have nothing better to spend your money on. It's has a variety of (somewhat) different killers and survivors, but the maps are small, the objective is always the same (activate generators, activate door, escape) and they keep launching DLC instead of trying to fix the game's issues. On the plus side the community and the devs are nowhere as faggy as the ones from this game. Also they have Michel Myers as a killer, who's better than Jason.

Removing the option to use a product over some meanie words is pretty shitty practice, especially when the product is 100% online, this needs to stop

The banned guy pussied out and then brought his review back up again?

CY+2 is depressing but entertaining.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/4chan/
>>>/anywherebuthere/

This. People who attack Jason are victim blamers.

Fuck off, Pretorian.

isn't spelling "PRAETORIAN"?

TO WATCH HIS WIFE GET FUCKED IN THE ASS

Every movie, Jason kills a bunch of degenerates, at least one of which has a huge jewfro and a big nose.
He's a real American hero.

Not every movie
Jason didn't kill anyone in the first movie :^)

I think he didn't in the fifth, it was a copycat killer.

TO PLAY SOME SHITTY GAMES THAT SUCK ASS

You don't have free speech when dealing with a private company, dumbass.

↓

top kek

The balance is pretty fucked with the Killers getting nerfed all the time while the Survivors get buffed every update. You can have a bit of fun by camping survivors as they die on hooks, then watch them rage in the post game chat because you 100% denied them an E-sport rank up.

Pretty much this.
You essentially need to be a masochist to enjoy playing killer, as they keep added retardedly overpowered shit for survivor while killer gets table scraps.
It took almost a full year for hook sabotaging to be nerfed, and that was a game-ruining mechanic for the killer.
There are multiple reasons for the games problems

For some examples:

Devs & low skill players thought flashlights were useless.
During some dev gameplay you could clearly see they had no idea how to actually use the flashlights properly.
Flashlights were considered extremely powerful by the high level playerbase.
So they buffed them.

On their latest stream they said the Hag is very powerful right now, and a few streams ago they talked about some Hag nerfs they were considering.
Meanwhile she is practically unplayable at high levels because of how weak she is.

They intended the latest killer, the Doctor to be "gamebreaking".
He is considered to be either the worst or second worst killer in the game at high level play.

Basically they keep giving bad survivor players crutches, but all it does is make the good survivor players even more absurdly powerful.

Finally, the most balance breaking thing in the game is the one thing they will NEVER, EVER, EVER remove.
Playing with friends.
The games mechanics are balanced on Survivors not being able to communicate, as there is no in-game communication aside from "point forward" and "come here" hand gestures.
However of course people just play with their friends and use an external voice program, skype/discord/ect, essentially circumventing the games mechanics.
They will never remove the ability for survivors to team up because that would kill a large portion of their playerbase, even though it ruins the game's balance completley.

Ch ch ch ha ha ha

Also Part 4 and 6 are the best movies.
2006 remake is underrated.

Every review of it should be niggerniggerniggernigger etc

Except you do, for the Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and the amendments to the constitution are considered part of that document.
Thus, any private company which does not respect your freedom of speech is disrespecting the supreme law of the land, which is outright indefensible.

You know how those niggers got that way?
It's because people either expected nothing of them or didn't hold them to what expectations they did have.
It's time to do what must be done.
IT'S TIME TO BULLY PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIVE UP TO SUCH SIMPLE EXPECTATIONS AS KNOWING HOW AMERICA WORKS

no dude the cuck meme ended when he shit on ghostbusters
the current meme is ben garrison-esque, claiming that he's a complete unstoppable racist and natsoc

I've wondered about this a lot lately. How many early access games have actually finished their stated objectives and released fully? Most early access i've seen release and flounder, slow down and update slowly or remain unfinished with the devs scampering off. My guess is there's little motivation to continue developing the game once you get your customer base buying the game and you're not actually finished developing it. I'd imagine after the initial hype and sales wear down they're not making much new revenue from the game and completing the game probably doesn't seem as greast as just making another game now and getting paid again.

What? There are radios in the game to talk to other players. And you can talk to people in game if theyre close. You can even talk to jason if he's close.

Minecraft is literally the only example I can think of, and even it's debatable. It got a boxed release at the very least.

Agreed

Kerbal Space Program

Yeah i'm having a hard time myself. Only one I can think of is Mount and Blade.

Wasn't kerbel financed by the gov or some shit?

Brigador comes to mind, they even did some post-release patching and a re-release with accompanying patch.

they were talking about dead by daylight not friday the 13th

Good job on being illiterate m8.

Moonbase Alpha got funding from NASA.
nasa.gov/offices/education/programs/national/ltp/games/moonbasealpha/mbalpha-landing-collection1-About.html
I don't believe KSP got any funding from any government body though.
Polite sage for offtopic.

YES! Very very good!

Except that's not true. The right to bear arms is also in the Constitution, and private businesses are free to disallow you to carry guns in their premises. "Freedom of speech" is in the constitution, but no company has to preserve your right to yell "nigger" at other people online without banning you.
Go ahead and play a Disney game online, call the kids niggers, and then try to sue Disney for violating your constitutional rights when they ban you.

Freedom of speech defends your rights to say what you want within limits (believable threats are obviously off the table), it does not guarantee you any specific place to say whatever you want, nor does it force businesses to give you a platform. You can say what you want, but you are absolutely not legally entitled to do it on somebody else's servers. You might as well argue that somebody kicking you out of their own home is a violation of your freedom of speech.

It's obviously a shit situation with shit developers, but this isn't a freedom of speech issue, you idiot. It's developers banning people for rules that they made up after they banned them. It's shit practice, but it's not a free speech violation.

I'm still waiting for DayZ (the original EA game, posterchild of the cuckery that is EA) to come anywhere near the level of polish the free Arma 2 mod has.

If a boxed release is all it takes then ARK counts too.

Minecraft doesn't count because the guy you are responding too said "actually finished their stated objectives and released fully." Though if you ignore the first six words (and the last one) then yes, Minecraft I guess.

You're analogy is flawed. Allow me to fix it for you.

It should be more akin to you ordering a pizza and the delivery guy gets to your house. As you answer the door and pay him you do something to offend him, so he refuses to give you the pizza and leaves.

Gotta compare apples to apples, dude.

That's also not a freedom of speech issue. The issue is that the person is not rendering a service that they were paid to render, and enforcing rules that they never set in the first place.
That's my point, it's ignorant and immature to turn every single "I said something people didn't like" issue into a freedom of speech. It really does fall apart when you are on somebody else's private property. This issue here isn't related to freedom of speech at all, it's failure to render a service that was paid for for violation of rules that didn't exist.

post the ebin xkcd free speech image pls

w-w-w-w-worlist n–n-negated

The problem with the XKCD comic is the same misunderstanding that people always make with free speech.
If non-government people restrict your free speech, it is actually still a restriction of your free speech. The thing that everybody fucks up is thinking that the First Amendment is the literal definition of "free speech". The First Amendment is a section of the constitution that prevents the government from favoring a specific religion or violating the freedom of speech (in concept). Free speech itself is a concept, not a law or a guarantee. The First Amendment guarantees freedom of speech in most circumstances.
To claim that people silencing you isn't restricting your free speech is a fundamental misunderstanding of free speech, and a stupid conflation of the First Amendment of the US constitution with free speech in general. Free speech guarantees in the US only extend to the government for the most part, but free speech as a concept also extends to societal sanction and social censorship.

If you want to argue one way or another, you can't just drop into "The First Amendment only means you can't be censored by the government, not companies or individuals", or "All censorship is a violation of free speech". Both are technically correct, but neither is particularly meaningful in most discussions.
"Free speech" is a good idea but it is not the be-all and end-all, and you can't make arguments based entirely on those magic words; you still need to make an argument about why something is specifically good or bad, not just relate it to the concept of free speech.

Either way, as much as people are pushing this as a free speech issue, it's not in the least. Every single online community has "free speech" restrictions, including this one (even if they are only restricted as far as the US law is concerned). The issue here is that they selectively enforced rules, didn't enforce rules that should have banned people they were friends with, and made up and enforced rules to ban somebody who was apparently violating "unwritten rules" that didn't exist yet, permanently barring somebody from a $40 purchase for something they were told wasn't against the rules. It's shitty business practices, terrible favoritism, and shady moderation, but not a free speech issue.

lol

i didnt though. it is just the retarded word list on Holla Forums that replaces 𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐒𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐒𝐧𝐠 with this reatrded shit.
someone must have gotten triggered pretty hard

This whole saga is exactly why Kikestarter et al aren't worth it. Save your shekels for more worthwhile pursuits, goyim.

Vidya's no longer about the fun. It's about insulting the intelligence of its bitchesβ€”oops, I mean customers.

We are soon going live in an age where calling someone "nigger" in a online video game is a crime and a police van will show up outside your house and haul you off to mandatory diversity acceptance camps.

What a shit world, hope a comet collides with this trash heap real soon.

Don't worry, user. It'll all end soon. Expect it within the next five to thirty years.

Highly likely the end will be man made, though. A comet just isn't marketable enough.

Seriously? jesus christ Mark.

Huh, I'd like to know the context behind why Mark would censor someone pointing out ">rΠ΅ddit spacing" to ">I'm an idiot. please laugh at me"

>archive.is/g3X0H
Thank god for botmod.

It was because even people who weren't "reddit spacing", but who were occasionally using a double linebreak for flow were getting hit with tons of retards who just replied with ">I'm an idiot. please laugh at me". It wouldn't matter if the person had or hadn't already done it, or if they were using single-linebreaks for most of the post, but used one or two blank lines to improve readability in a long post. There's a reason you don't see retards saying it anymore.
That guy was legitimately using reddit spacing, but a few months ago, it was thrown left and right at every post with a blank line. I'm surprised you don't remember it, or remember the shitstorm when the wordfilter was emplaced. It's probably not necessary anymore, but expecting the mods to moderate is too much to ask.