Secret World Legends thread

>Aurum shoah soon Paypal's been added as a payment option now reddit and whales that were scared off by HiPay are actually buying a shitton so the price is started to drop hard

If you run Dragon get the fuck out of my face

Other urls found in this thread:

secretworldlegends.com/
pastebin.com/V31ESf2X
account.secretworldlegends.com/account/
secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-3-patch-notes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what shit game is this.

is it FUN?

I've played templar a year before the update. Is it worth getting into again?

Do you like difficult puzzles that require actual research, solving riddles, deductive reasoning and the ability to make logical conclusions based on clues? Do you like really shitty sabatoge missions that involve half baked stealth mechanics with instakill traps? Do you like Stephen King, Indiana Jones, Lovecraft and old school monster mythos? Can you stand endgame grind and better than the base game but still fairly shit combat? Then yes.

Wow, that actually sounds good.

so wait, its an MMO?

Kinda. The original was definitely but they lowered the random instance cap outside to agartha to 10 a map so theres a lot less running into people. I actually perfer it this way, I remember kill objectives being a pain in the ass since you had to rush monsters before other players and investigation missions are so much better now that there arent a hundred people doing them at once.

What happens when you convert your char from regular TSW to TSW legend gear and spells like?

is this F2P ?

Original game wasn't but Legend is.

I think you also get the remainder subscription length converted into patron time

you have to pay to play this?

if i'm going to pay i'd rather go back to L2classic

if what I found on google is correct the game became F2P recently but people are saying it's P2W now so I don't know who to believe tbh

I can log directly with my regular TSW account in legends launcher?
Or do I need to create one, then link it?
It's not really clear (or I'm retarded).

At first in the original, but then they switched to a "buy to play" system now in the remake is full blown F2P

Ok apparently it's seriously bugged you need tech support to tweak older accounts (mine dating from anarchy online beta it's basically prehistorical).

You should be able to, I didnt have any problems with it

You're gonna get your ass kicked by investigation missions if you cant even find the game yourself yourself but I'll spoonfeed you

secretworldlegends.com/

alright, the thing's updating.

so are we supposed to talk in game or is it a singleplayer MMO?

Except dungeons and lairs and shit, its all pretty much singleplayer

so should we give each others characters names or something?

i'll try it tomorrow when its done downloading

If enough people start playing I might set up a Holla Forums cabal

well, see you tomorrow then. leave your name around.

I'd be up for it. I'm currently in Kangz land though, but if anyone need a spot for raids and whatnot I'd be up for it.

It's more like pay to not grind, you can get goycoins Aurum by trading in Marks of Favor which you get by doing dailies & selling shit at the auction house.

Remember to run dungeons daily, some of the best content in the game. I didnt get to run them in TSW becuase Im an antisocial fuck who cant into LFG but SWL has matchmaking and goddamn. Unfortunately you'll miss out some of them if you go beyond their level limit so you have to wait until you get them in elites to see the story there. Theres an entire subplot thats the continuation of the Thomas Wicker shit in the motel and a cival war in hell you can completely miss out on.

i can't get over how pathetic this is.
First, you're buying hype from fucking Funcom of all people, that's like trusting Todd.
Second, that it's hype about Tokyo. Tokyo is like two year old content that everybody already finished. They're going to 'fix' AEGIS by making Tokyo the same boring combat the rest of the game is.

TSW has matchmaking you dumbshit, enjoy playing this four year old content in EZmode in epic three person dungeons

Kay

Well fuck me, I didnt notice that

Just take it for what it is , a free semi-singleplayer puzzle/action game. For me it triggers some of the same feelings as when I play VTMB. I think they aced the atmosphere and mystery of the world - sort of a conglomeration of all the modern urban legends, myths and conspiracies floating around in the human hivemind.

Is the game chinese?
Will I have to worry about spyware?

Oh god no it's even worse then the original version, they butchered the fuck out of it to milk as much money as humanly possible.

Except when you get to Transylvania and it's all white Romanian girls getting fucked by fae rapefugees while CIS white cucks fend off the vampire invasion. Or Dracula himself being a gypsy and building his kingdom exclusively with heroic gypsies. The king of gypsies is Vlad's direct descendant. Das rite, Romania and entirety of its culture was founded by gypsies. All actual Romanians are a bunch of degenerate invaders, like necrophiles and cannibals.

The game's writer is a kike notorious for one of the most pozzed VtM books ever (Lore of the Clans). He's also part of the cabal rewriting Lovecraft's works and removing all intolerant elements.

But where? I assume it has servers and you can't just skip between them anyways.

alright so i got the game installed.

Illuminati, templars, or chaos? god i hate these choices, i never know which is the right one, or if it matters at all

Never go chaos.
Templars are the diversity pick.
Illuminati is fun

why not?

illuminati sound like a bunch of jews, and templars sound like stubborn annoying Holla Forums types.

honestly, out of the 3 chaos seems the least jewish one, but then again i dont know how this works, i dont want to pick a team that locks me out of playing with the rest of Holla Forums. so i'll pick whichever you guys are playing with. or is that irrelevant for doing group missions and shit?

so yeah, is your allegiance relevant to which players you get to play with?

no you can play with all other factions

Chaos is retarded and LOLSORANDUM

Templar SEEMS Holla Forums but they are really BLACKED

Illuminati is the best faction because they are essentially a megacorperation who've been dealing with this shit for thousands of years and its funny how mundane it is to them.

"We basically write off whatever the Dragon does now as an expense on our anual reports, we call it the 'Ninja Tax'."

Also, they got Jeffery Combs to play lead scientist for the Illuminati, nothing like the Re-Animator asking if you have ever seen a Jaguar tripping.

well goddammit, you took too long and i wanted to play so i joined the fucking dragons.

see you inside

Did they fix the bullet sponges ennemies ? That ruined the game for me, I never passed the desert world.

Allegiance only counts for PVP dominance.
PVP dominance by a faction gives neat bonuses (damage, xp, even bonus endgame currency).

Dragon.

Illuminati want control (power), Templar want tradition (stagnation), Dragon want chaos (movement), Phoenician wants results (shekels).

Lumies want evil to give them foot massage, Templars want to decide what is evil, Phoenicians wants evil to pay his electricity bill, Dragons knows there is no such thing as evil, just maths and patterns.

The Dragon is the oldest faction and the one that actually get shit done.
They don't "want" chaos, they just know chaos is the only thing that really exist and only by managing chaos (making sure there is some, but not TOO MUCH) does humanity gets a chance to survive in a place where asleep elder gods are only dreaming of eating stars.

The Dragon have the coolest lore of the setting.

who? i didn't have this faction on character creation.

is it some unlockable shit?

Not anymore, they got rid of persistant PVP and now its just "You join up to a mixed team, shoot each other for a bit, then everyone goes home with a giftbasket with weapon, talisman and glpyh bag with about 1000 or so shards"

well i just kinda fucked the chinese bitch and did the subway level. im moving forward i guess.

okay, its not a bad game, i guess the story is supposed to be more entertaining that i'm actually finding it to be. still it seems like its going to get better later on.

im gonna skip this game for now, i can't play anything action-based at the moment. but i definitely will in the future. hope you guys haven't all quit by the time i can get back into it.

Dude the Dragon has been around since the First Age.

The dragon probably gave Samael the idea to bang Lilith to usher The Fall and the end of the first age.
The dragon cut off the anima supply of hell and fuck off the demons and Elbis, then manipulated the two brothers leaders of babel, the righteous one went on to fight the demons remaining influence and the unscrupulous one took to the sea.
In the third age, the dragon sow dissent in the ranks of the Templars, circulating the idea that evil could be used instead of fought, creating the Illuminati/Templar split, then the dragon sheltered and help helped the Illuminati to get to the new world to shape it and usher the fourth age.

Nothing the dragon does is random, the dragon is the motive force behind humanity.
Now be a good drone and watch as the dragon long plan hatch and get humanity rid of the last beings that can surpass it.

played this a while ago and playing legends now. up to transylvania and yup, the sabotage missions in this third of the game sure are as garbage as i remember. i feel like this part of the game is the one that received the least amount of love so far in terms of redesigns.

i like what they did with phasing the main story content of egypt and what was previously DLC missions together. it was a nice surprise.

Fuck off dragoncuck, go waddle in filth for your dragonbull while your dragonbull fucks over humanity because LOLCHAOS.

Do we have a guild for this game?

>my anarchy online and age of conan account details are there, but apparently I don't have a secret world account
is this normal? because i know for a fact i sprung for some account cosmetics that i absolutely want to still have

I'll set one up when I get home tomorrow morning. What kind of government type do we want? Its all just title names but the choices are

Ministry of Misogyny.

Ahahah.
So you realized it, yes? In lore the Dragon isn't Chaos, the Dragon is the ever shifting point of equilibrium for humanity in the sea of chaos that is the universe.
For the mice the action of humans are just an entity lolsorandom.
That's what the Templar and the Illuminati are, purpose built mechanical mice running in life labyrinth, with the Dragon occasionally putting cheese here and there to make sure they go the right way, sometimes putting obstacle to slow them down and sometime turning their key so they go faster.
And when they're both out of juice and have play their part for humanity history, the Dragon will still be there, a thousand scales, a thousand eyes, a thousand claws moving at once seemingly at random.
But all going the same way, making humanity advance as they've been doing since the first man was created.

Sure buddy just keep pretending you know what you are doing while the adults handle things

Dragon was only ever 2ch's version of Holla Forums larping for thousands of years.

OP is a shill
Game is shittier now, also, lots of useful shit is locked behind paywalls

>he picked illuminati and became (((their))) puppet

How can you be adults when the Dragon created everyone else?
When Lilith destroyed Babel the Dragon made sure the Templars and the Phoenicians, defense and trade were born to keep humanity going.
When Lilith destroyed Atlantis, the Dragon made sure the Illuminatis were created to save what could be of it's ancient secrets.

Continue to play your silly little game of power, when you don't even understand what the game is.
Tell me have you ever seen the have you ever wondered about the Chaoskampf Meme? The image of the Hero slaying a Dragon? Thor slays Jormungandr. Zeus smites Typhon. Seth defeats Apophis. Indra vs. Vritra. Over and over. Any period. Everywhere.
The most common and most powerful story written in humanity subconscious, right?

And yet…
Which child doesn't love a Dragon?

Yeah the image of dragons losing is certaining iconic

Does your server/dimension even matter?

Also what the hell is the difference between TSW and Legends?

i only played about an hour of legends so far but it feels basically the same except with a more annoying tutorial. they pigeonhole you into choosing a "class" off the bat, but after you're done the tutorial it opens up and you can spend SP/AP on whatever you want. i was also able to reclaim all my cosmetics from my old account, so once again i look like the gayest cowboy of all time

my question is, i used to have a pistols/ele build and it was full glass cannon DPS. is that still viable? does anyone know?

I dont know about elementalism but pistols are full on DPS without the survivability of Shotguns or Assault rifles. I think Elementalism is the same except its more gear towards AoE damage

They only have a single nog that's just the head of the london area and aren't pozzed beyond this. The rest of the factions are inherently non-white.

Illuminati = hedonistic jews
Chaos = psychopathic insect chinks
Templar = White man's faction

if anybody's online right now, i could make a cabal if we want

Will my integrated GPU be able to run this?

BLACKED

running through the tutorial right now, are cabals still one faction only?

a google search tells me that cabals are now cross-faction, but i don't know. should i just make one?

yeah might as well

I was gonna make one when I get home in about 8 hours but if you wanna make one now go for it

post name suggestions. i'm leaning towards Firetires' Cuckslayers or something equally retarded

Try to be a little more subtle. FunCom employees are kool-aid drinkers, and a few people may catch onto that name.
Something that references the urban legends of imageboards, like summer being a myth, would go well under the radar.

how about Skinwalkers?

I'd rather something less on the nose. How about we go with Corp and call it Infinity Inc.

Spicyspokes' Skinwalkers it is, send Testikill a tell for an invite

well i'm stupid and gay. need to be secret society rank 2 to create. i'll let you guys know if i get there tonight, otherwise you make one

Thats just level 10 or 15 iirc

Isnt this game free to play?

I can throw it together and hand it off to when he joins up.
What was the govt type? Corp?

i seem to remember being able to change it whenever we want, but corp works for me

Well fuck that idea entirely. Need to be the appropriate rank with your faction AND be a fucking patron to make a Cabal.

Thankfully I got piss drunk the other night and apparently bought 30 days of patron if we still wanna have one

Not only that, but patrons make the cabal for themselves for the extra storage since you get 8 million items every day.

Looks like we'll wait for you then.

Done. Send a tell to "Ruststalker" if you want in.
Named it Infinity Incorporated

Will send a tell when I finish dishes.

What are the strongest PvP weapons?

I imagine burst damage and lifesteal, but what can get you those? Fists+Blood, maybe?

Hammers are the PvP meta

A tanking weapon? Surprising. What counters hammers, then?

Is that a car in a tree? What the fuck?

The thing that has usually killed me in pvp is getting Scorpion'd, knocked down, and ganged up on. So something that'll negate knockdown and getting pulled, I'd imagine.

Jesus christ

CC resistance, eh?

I'd have to look up all the skills. Don't remember if anything has that besides shotgun.

I was wondering what gun I wanted to pair elementalism with, I think I found my answer. I don't know much about pistols, since their early game skills were really lame back in the "old days".

the game crashed on me fucking twice now, i cant even get into my character

the fuck is happening?

this is one of you isn't it?

It WAS a car in a tree.

can i learn ALL skills or am i limited to a certain amount of AP/SP?

i dont want to fuck up my "build" if i have to make one.

You gain AP/SP based on XP gain not levels so you could theoretically unlock everything if you put enough grind into it

Heard from the Dragon cuck, what about everyone else? Illerminashi and Templos?

Gotta get to a sufficient level to do that. Give me a bit.

I'll hop in in about an hour or two

Reminder Templarfags secretly crave the IlluminaD

CQC is one of the best skills in general. You stun the enemy by knocking them over and theres no size limit so you can do it on the giant enemies like The Moving Mountain, plus its passive makes it hit every enemy in front of you within a certain distance

Downloading, might as well give it a try.
How are the puzzles in the game? I heard that the old secret world had quite a few of them and that they were quite fun/hard, are they still there or did they took those away?

havent found any puzzles yet, but im barely level 9.

just walking around Kingsmouth doing quests

Yeah they are still there

Guess I missed you

I'm online now, and I can also invite people to the cabal. /tell CosmicAnger

I like you Dragonfag. Too many people say the world is chaotic because they can't see the patterns, but they're there nonetheless. Open your eyes ordertards, your subjective understanding of reality is incorrect.

>gets bossed around by a nigger

Dragons exist to be slain.

Sorry, was sleeping. Back on now send tell to "Ruststalker"

so what server everyone playing. I still have all my starter pack from being in the arg from 2012

Wasn't one of teh writers a huge SocJus swede cockgobbler?

I believe Secret World Legends just dumps everyone into the same server not sure though. It could be like most non-mmo games where it matches you based on region but the option to play internationally is there.
Anyways I'll join up later today.

I think that guy left the company & took The Longest Journey/Dreamfall with him.

Ragnar Tørnquist fucked off, yeah.

so dimension doesnt matter? I'm on one of the rp dimensions

There is a command to jump servs but I can't recall what it is.
IIRC there is a regional lock, but you can jump servers inside a region.

so eu wouldnt be able to play with US?

Nah, I've played with US people.

fine I got my templar on arcadia and wanna play with you faggots

I soloed a worldboss. Lutefisk.

Only took me 20 minutes. Got two caches out of it. Better loot than a dungeon. Worth.

Is this game like Hellsing Ultimate plotwise?

you have 3 faction (4 if you count the phonecians, but they are not playable) fighting "secretly" some sort of world-end scenarios

Can I play legends with the old client and my old character? I got pretty far and spent a good bit of money back when I played it one or two years ago so I can start with lots of stuff.

Nope. Legends is separate from the old game. You can link your old account to the new game and have your cosmetics unlocked, but you have to start from the beginning.

You can import your cosmetics but not your character itself

Well then I won't play at all. I spent too much time in the old one to do it all over again.

The combat is completely different now and they merged the DLC stories into the main story and they are going to be adding shit so its worth it even starting over if you enjoyed the first

so you can get the bazoka and the whip normally now?

I just left my request. Check your inbox.

Theres no aux weapons in SWL yet

i dropped the game back when you needed to grind some tokens to go to Tokyo
i can't remember my user or password
fuck you people

no fuck you its fun

Trying to find all the rare spawns now is much more of a chore than it used to be. Every list I've looked at only shows shit from the original game and none of the newly added rares in Legends. Fuck.

The combat's shit unless it became somehow tolerable in the past 3 or so years. It's just grind because of inflated enemy HP.

What part of they completely changed the combat do you not understand

What part of me saying I haven't played the game in 3 years do you not understand? As long as I can kill the majority of enemies in less than 10 or so seconds I'm fine with it.

I havent had any problem doing so and Im in Translyvania

give me a good reason to switch to this from Black Desert Online

Oh come on, you know Dragonfags picked Dragon to get the free BJ at the start.

There isn't six hundred layers of intentionally obtuse and unnecessary shit that makes EVE Online look like babby's first MMO. And the world and characters are actually interesting. Less grind.

That's not a super convincing argument.

Tell me about the combat. Are there active dodges, blocks, and counterattacks or is it just a hotbar game?

There are active dodges, interrupts and weapon mechanics that need to be played around

You realize they're gonna remove active combat from BDO soon, right? They did in every other version.

who wrote this shit

Everyone gets the random subway niggress.

Hence my insistence that dragon is the worst faction

who do i /tell for an invite to the Holla Forums group?

Should I go gunslinger or demolisher? which would be better for solo play before my friends get into the game
and can you start switching up between weapons later or respec?

you can and are encouraged to level different weapons due to passives and capstones.
Takes awhile to get a weapon up to doing elites with, but the dungeon content is basically do-able with any weapon provided it's blue or above

Weapon unlock costs increase rather fast:
I don't know the prices beyond that.

i'm already bored. at the end of the day its a laggy """"""""""""""action"""""""""""""" RPG where winning is impossible unless you're absolutely clear of ping.

i don't doubt the story is great, what little i saw i liked, but man is the gameplay the same as every other nu-mmo. its a shame when a good concept, world, and setting like this is wasted on MMO crap that doesn't work.

its really really hard to make qt 3.14s in Secret World, i took me days to make 3 (one for each faction) and i wont be doing it again.
Plus i am in a similar situation like . Ditched the game and can't remember the name or email for that shit

ONE JOB

i dont like the illuminati

thems fightin words pal

Ok guys I'm DLing it. I had a ton of hours in the old game, like I mentioned earlier. But I'm miffed I won't be strong. Anyone playing together I'll come find you? I don't know if my motorcycle and shit works anymore tho.

If you transfered you're account, all sprints except franken-chopper will transfer

They jacked up player stats so hard that it'll feel like NG+. Two hours in and I'm already two-shotting the area bosses in Kingsmouth.

That kinda peters out once you reach Transylvania since you hit level 50 and the endgame grind sets in when you actually have to run dungeons and raids to level up your shit. I dont think it even becomes bulletspongey though, I think you just start to die faster. I might write up a newbie guide to this shit

FUCK

pastebin.com/V31ESf2X

Things to note about blood magic, you eventually start losing health past a certain threshold but you have abilities that recenter your Corruption/Martyrdom meter.
Also the grenade ability for assault rifles don't come into play until you unlock the first grenade skill.

whats the cabal then? I was gonna make one for my friends but you need to buy the good goy pass so I'd rather join yours instead.

I started playing and wanted puzzles. I got a bunch of zombies and a knockoff H.P. Lovecraft zombie town rollfest and 0 puzzles.

Shit sucks.

Puzzles don't really start until the Savage Coast, when you have to transpose Latin into some eldritch symbols because some faggot didn't believe in keeping a journal

Look for quests with the laptop

I mean Laptop Symbol on them

Is babby stuff.
That's not the one where you follow the black ravens until one of those revenant fucks pops up at the end right? Because that wasn't much of a puzzle. Now the one with the white ravens that you can only see when you're dead really whipped my cream trying to figure out.
The rest of the puzzled in Kingsmouth have nothing on what you'll encounter later.

The white raven one is the one I meant

What?
What?
What is wrong with these people.

i clearly remember a quest requiring me to translate bible verses into aramaic, or to start researching obscure roman history or other shit. the puzzles are the best part, but as that user said the puzzles don't start to really get crazy until you're around level 14 or 15

just fuck my anima essence up

Fuck me that was a jarring tone shift from 007 bullshit to "dead kids everywhere"

"The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn" and "A Dream to Kill" quest/story wise, were the best added content.

Last Train to Cairo was also pretty fucking great

That part is fun, but less in tone from the rest of the game, it's Indiana Jones themed but they went last crusade, not temple of doom like they should have.

looks gay, wouldn't play

not unless you like Chinese tier grind. theirs a game dungeon vid if you want an in depth look at the older version. to imply the game is unplayable garbage with some neat stuff attached. i played the original for a month, it was shit, stay away.

sorry, sleep deprivation is making posting hard.

yeah but the rerelease throws out the old combat and mechanics while keeping the puzzles and quests

rate my templar waif

7/10 would give the IlluminaD

>have around 11% crit chance working on making it higher but glpyphs are fucking shit

how are you meant to 100% this shit

Thats one of the things I love about this game is the insane amount of secrets. For instance, to get one of the golem lores, you have to drop down to a specific bridge in Agartha, follow the custodion and when he reaches the end, he'll point and the lore will appear

I found that by luck after jumping off the sides at the right time when exploring. These hidden ones were in the savage quarry where you had to squeeze through a small patch between buildings to find a ramp to let you onto the roof to jump over three roofs to find the hole it was hiding in.
I really want these lore bits too. aren't a majority of them used in the occult museum?

The ones marked under Bestiary are. Another cool thing. Another cool thing is theres a bridge in Kingsmouth that was once known as "Hangman's Bridge" and if you go there in anima form, you can see ghost. Theres also something in the City of the Sungod if you go to the anubis sentinel statue and look up

So,how i play this game alone? I hate playing with others and don't give two shits about pvp events.

The story mode is pretty much geared towards playing alone. I'd advise biting the bullet and running dungeons with randoms anyway since they have some really good story elements

The rerelease is pretty much soloable apart from raid dungeons and one or two champions that you may need a friend to beat but that's about 2% of the content.
The original game was very punishing if you didnt have a perfectly optimized build but now pretty much every build is viable solo with a pure DPS the best for solo

The locust boss in Scorched Desert requires 5 people to activate 5 pressure plates. Another boss in SD requires a small group to lure 10-12 cultists to nearby altar and kill them all at once. Then there's Resurrection Joe who (aside from parts) requires at least two lv 50s with decent purple gear or a larger group with maxed blue gear and a dedicated healer.

There are also 3 lore pieces in Transylvania that you can't get on your own, but you can gift them to other players (The Abandoned). Also one entry from vampires set is said to drop from lair monsters in Carpathian Fangs, which might be possible to farm solo in yellow or red gear (ie never ever).

HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER

HEY RABBI WATCHA DOIN?

Alright Holla Forums, how do I end game in this thing? I want to be primo elite Templar tank that can walk into the dungeon and laugh off everything.

I've been blowing shit away with a shotgun but had a hammer strapped to my back that I never used. Should I use this fucking hammer or get something else?

Where do I find the autists breaking down the stats and telling me what I need to not got my shit wrecked when step into lairs and elite dungeons?

welp

I just sell them all to the apothecary for dosh since you start running out if you keep upgrading and using teleports and upgrading the museum

Just think of them as 50 anima shards each. People actually buy stacks of them just to sell for the shards

By the way, for those not in the know, this game has tits.

There's draugr tits, demon tits, a bunch of skimpy clothing for female avatars, and female avatars can even appear topless if their outfit isn't loading very fast.

The trees have titties too

Yeah… I had to turn off my weapon displaying on my back because that bugged the shit out of me.

So what's our cabal? Currently grindan to 50 but wanna get in early so I can drop in for raids when i do

send testikill a tell, i'll invite you

So this is post apocalyptic Guildwars 2 with guns, right?

Its not really post apocolyptic, its just the areas you visit happen to be fucked

Jesus this Tyler Freeborn quest line goes on forever.
Please tell me the sabotage quest is the last one in the chain

Any real difference from gw2 though? I thought this was an sort of like mmo based around guns.

The ending makes it worth it honestly

found my old accout data, how do i "pass" my old chars and unlocks to the new game?

Go to account.secretworldlegends.com/account/

There should be something along the lines of "transfer secret world data" or some shit that you have to click. Once that is done any character that you create in Secret World Legends can retrieve that data once they reach Agartha.

but i have to make a new account for SWL ?

Ummm…. No? Should still use your original TSW account.

And the button you're looking for reads "TSW Legacy Transfer".

oks, gonna check that, thanks

PSA Do not queue for both dungeons and PvP at the same time. If you get matched for the dungeon, you'll join while still queueing for PvP with no way to leave it becuase if you hit leave the queue it will quit the dungeon and mark you a deserter

If the cabal doesnt mind inviting alts I could make another character to join up with . My other two are in a personal cabal for the slots/reward trading.

I see nothing wrong here.

Old version is superior in every way

I got burnt out around shadowy forest in the original and I've put an autistic amount of time in the new one. Its still rough around the edges, needs the rest of the story content and could really do with more ability slots but otherwise its aight

The fuck is wrong with the cgaracter creator?
it has less options than the original
In the oldr one i could choose more face options, mix noses, eye-types and jaws too.
Here i only get preset faces, and all are shit
Fuck, OP, do you really like this or are you just paid to shill?

No until tokyo gets put in, the new game will be better. Seriously Tokyo was the dumbest shit, and I pray to god they don't put the Aegis system back in, that was the worst.
If the aegis system is put back in, then both games are garbage and it becomes about which smell of shit you like better.

One of the bogeyman lore you have to be in the park exactly at midnight in game then found him at one of the toll booths/his shack, he then creepily salutes you and drops a lore…

The new version actually tells you where the boos are when you're close enough but some of them were very cleverly hidden initially (on jumpable cliffs, etc…)

People actually buy those since they're worth some shards and you can run out when upgrading high tier weapons pretty quick.

It's not.

Their leader is a nigger too.
Lumies = jews.
Templar = that sweet brand of political correctness and self-righteousness from mutated protestants. Of course niggers are in charge, it's modern day London after all! You shitlord!
Dragon = the only ones that might actually save the world because they did figure out a thing or two about how it actually works…

Yeah Aegis can go suck a dick. Though they did lift the xp mechanic for leveling gear from it.

Reminder if you are in the cabal to hit the + on your chat window and add cabal chat

So who do I message at this hour for an invite? I usually get on after midnight in burger land.

I dont think theres anyone online with permissions to recruit If you are reading this cabal leaders promote Doubleplus to something that can recruit since Im on an autistic amount of time

send testikill a tell right now sucka

I need to be Executive or Kingpin to recruit

I wish there was persistent changes to the world after finishing main quests so we could see this cunt dead

I never thought my dick would be so hard over a 8% base damage increase

Honestly convinced me to join Dragons, I really dig that lore.

testikill here. i'm only an executive and can't promote people up to my level, only the level below me. so i guess just either send me a tell or an in-game mail (if that's a thing) if you want into the guild and i'm not online, and i'll get around to it when i can

cabal leader, if you ever check this thread, just pass me lead if a free player can lead a cabal, i'm usually on for at least an hour or two a day

fucking converter didnt keep the sound on despite it being checked

If anyone wants a quick quest chain to farm bags/shards heres what I use

I usually follow it up by doing The Living Oil but thats just becuase is fun at 50 since you can play it like an action mission and the enemies hit hard and give a good amount of XP

atleast you aren't joining the illuminates

If he's retarded enough to believe all that bullshit he'll fit right in with the dragons

when should I start doing elite? I'm level 50 and have nearly full blues and i'm getting a little dragged down from transylvania because of my negligible damage I do

Wait until you have started to move onto purples. You want an item level about 120 in general

What's the PVP like?

Is it level based or is it like Destiny where level doesn't matter that much?

but I really want a fucking purple pistol over my blues since the enemies are a chore to kill right now

Its basically just deathmatch where everyone goes home with a goodiebag, everyone is on equal footing

Do story dungeons then

I thought they only dropped blues at best

i feel like the rest of egypt is already temple of doom themed. there's even a big sacrifice room in an underground temple.

i thought /reset also doesn't deplete your anima essence.

They do but its better than trying to do elite dungeons with underpowered gear. Are you doing all the quests by the way?

yeah 100% each zone, only have the final egypt zone to complete/ but the sp/ap you get from xp is miniscule and barely noticeable

Please you can do elites fine in pure blues.
The only thing you really need as a tank is more than 6k HP to survive some tankbusters, DPS have much more lenience, and if you're set up right you can basically heal in a blue 10+ head belt and neck and the rest just flat don't matter

No idea whats going on then

Also the cabal leader hasnt been on for a week so I might end up forming my own Then again Im usually the only one on period

so a pair of enemies level 48 usually take two minutes to kill at level 50? Its become such a drag since you cant level to a point where enemies ignore you then and they're still sponges to take down

enemies in Trans* have a lot of HP and if you're not a dps they take a decent chunk if you haven't been keeping up or if you're using bad passives/active sets

nah i'm a dps and using a relatively good pistol build focusing on maximising damage from silver and blue rolls. enemies arent too dangerous for me just boring to fight when they take ages to kill

okay there's your issue, pistol needs a ton of gear to start being good dps wise.
You should be able to melt 30k+ hp enemies pretty quickly

this game had no qts, fucking swedes ruining an interesting mmo

Ive been making up for it now by popping the potions the apothecary sells for the attack/health boost while I grind out more missions for gear upgrades and grind distills

you can start doing elites as soon as you hit 50 unless you're doing tanking, since almost all mechanics dont do shit unless you're needing to tank,

Tank needs at least 4 piece of tank gear and 3 DPS for meme meta builds, usually DPS head occult and luck, Tank Neck, Belt Wrist and Ring, get em to 25 and you'll be fine,

But if you're DPS, fuck you can do them in full Greens if you really wanna piss people off, the only dungeon you wont be able to do though if you pull that kinda shitter build is Hell Rising 2nd last boss fight, w/e her face of the many when all the add's pop out. that's about the only dungeon in the game i can think of that's a flat DPS check and its usually the one that everyone wipes the most on and blames the tank ;^)

if you're healer you can flat out be in full Greens outside of your weapon and have next to no issues if you go full heal slut mode. i mean, other than dodge the AoE's Healer's and DPS really get no mechanics that target them specifically in next to anything. there's all of… 4 fights in all of the dungeons that might have either the DPS or Healers not stand still the entire time ? otherwise its the Tank all the way for actually doing mechanics.

Well fuck guess I could've started earlier

well to be fair unless you had prior knowledge of everything you wouldn't want to go into the harder dungeons until you're geared. but yeah. Tanks are about the only ones in the game who have to worry about anything remotely hard to keep track of

and I've been playing since the game launched everything's just as bug ridden and broken since they launched 5 years ago as they are today !

I guess, but while tanking is the hardest to gear for, DPS tends to be the hardest to play (Play well at least) so you really want to be familiar with the attack patterns of each major enemy before you start playing "You get one shotted for the slighest fuckup" mode

Holy shit, I just made 100k marks of favor on the auction house. I got a tier three +crit rate glyph from a random reward bag. God damn.

Is this the norm for tanking?

Pic attached is my current gear. I haven't set foot in an elite dungeon or a lair yet and I only have a few shit glyphs. All of my talismans are health and mag/phys protection. I have a catalyst that can turn that occult talisman into a mythic but should I switch it out for a DPS occult talisman like you said?

Also any other advice?

You can easily do elites in that.
Also lairs are harder than elites, much much harder

I hope we can get enough niggers from here geared up for lairs soon. I'm strill grinding my way to better equipment first, going back and 100% lore gives a massive boost in anima and xp atleast

Im at DPS 185 so far and got 2 1/2 passive pages done, should be ready for Lairs soon. What we should be doing now is running elites together so we dont have to worry about that fucking long ass queue

is there anything here I should switch out for something better and grind to next quality?

Grind up some 3 pips to max green/blues and use your current equipment as fusion fodder

Dont worry about weapon pips though. That explains why your damage is so shit

thought so, I was thinking most people were running 2 pip items but then I saw the last niggas post. Guess its time to grind out some quests and dump MoF into buying fodder

Gonna be forming a new Cabal since the leader of the current one hasnt been online for more than a week and most of the executives arent on very often either. Any ideas for government/names?

Alright, names Get Lucky Enterprises. /tell Doubleplus or Nyphme for invite

you have way more tanking than needed, you're going to run into the problem of not doing enough DPS to hold aggro, here's what I have on my main atm. and I focus tanking all the time.

whoops, forgot to swap into my tank setup, sorry. THIS is what i actually have for it

oh and the other thing i forgot to mention, after re-reading through all your post. your 3 pip occult tank talisman is fine to use, the one i mention is the original TSW meme meta build for tanks when the highest gear set was Tier 10.4 and you struggled to hold aggro. with the new way gear works I'm not 100% sure on the meta build for TSWL or w/e they're calling the game now.

but the main thing you want to know is, the Head piece gives THE most stat boost, followed by the Necklace and then the belt. Wrist and Ring are the next on the list for how much stat gain you get and the luck and occult are the lowest boost you'll get, so don't waste you're free $15 talisman upgrade on it at all, you wanna save it for something much more valuable.

get your neck or head to 30 purple and use it of them instead, you'll get a much bigger boost from it that way. even rolling all tank pieces in normal dungeons you wont have issues from what i can tell so long as your weapons are up to snuff on levels but once you start competing for damage in elites with people who have mythic gear and such, you're going to struggle hard to maintain that aggro.

now this part goes for everyone really. but you can roll a DPS parser, go and download ACT, and grab the FF14 Rainbowmage or w/e its called overlay, it fucking works for TSW shockingly enough, so you can have an ingame parser working for you and telling you just how much damage you're doing and what others are doing. With my setup I'm pretty much either 3rd or 4th on the DPS tracker at all times, competing with the actual DPS builds for damage so i'd have no fear of them ripping aggro unless they pull cheeky cunts and use elite skills or something that forces aggro onto them for X seconds. Just remember when you get ACT you also have to get the TSW plugin for it from the ACT site as well under plugins. then ingame every single time you login you have to manually turn on the combat logger since the game doesnt do it automatically for you. which is just a simple "/logcombat on" it'll then create a .txt file in the main TSWL folder and it "should" hook into that when its made so long as it has the TSWL folder set in the options tab.

even if you don't want to be elitest or w/e people are calling it, it's super fuckin useful to know you're not fucking up somehow in runs with builds and such.

What trinkets does everyone use? I've been using an aoe medical drone, but I haven't really noticed it healing very well.

i got a gadget that basically frees up one of my slots so i can use it for tank busters and such.

a good 2 pip dungeon drop is worth more dps than a 3 pip normal, provided you're a multihit build, and as you're pistol you should be.
They're the seed of aggression, the ruined city ashes, and…. I think any of the dice.

Also

Why the fuck you using a tank bracer and a horrible 1 pip occult talisman and that shitty ring.

I wish there was a way to search for dungeon drop special items instead of just searching everything all at once and hoping to find what you want.

Also, what do people think is the best "of" suffix?
I use Shotgun and Fist for a mix of tanking and healing. Still working on a figuring out a good mix of skills. And I'm not sure how much heal rating I want vs protection and attack rating.

What's the song in that webm? Is there a full version?

WHISPERING TIDE SOON

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT

hah I wish,
nah, the last DLC for the game came out long before the presidential election shit and all the crap leading up to it hit the public eyes. That's just an amazingly coincidental message.

unless its not ;^)

Ever play splinter cell blacklist? The story was: you are a crack team of overfunded spies with the power to kill who you please without consequences sent into war torn areas of the planet to get president hillary clinton's emails back.

If you do a 100% completion run of the solo you're level 50 by half the first egyptian map.
By the time you hit trans you should have run elite a fair number of time by doing your dailies.

Alright first off, don't mix tanking and healing, the way the game works now it's an incredibly weak combo, unless you're just using shotgun for opening shot and/or fist for savagery.
Fist in general is strong but requires so many god damn slots to be good. You need savagery (15% extra damage it's mandatory) and then your wrath toggle ability, and then your buildups. Especially for healing you need at least 2 heals, unless you're really banking on that 400 hp self heal fist gets for 3 energy when you're getting smacked for 4k+.

I mean long story short the breakdown for healing anyways is this.

Rifle: Heal yourself
Basically everything it has is a leach with pretty bad instant healing, but at high levels it's ~30% damage dealt is returned as healing. Incredibly strong for PvP. Problem is it cannot deal with burst damage in PvE, but it keeps the entire group alive without any additional effort or Cooldowns.
Also rifle cannot heal when there's no enemy to attack, they have their grenade which technically doesn't require a target, but it requires a target to load a nade.
Also on the note of rifles, if anyone tells you to use red mist they're full of shit.

Blood:Shields everywhere
Blood is probably my favorite healer, it has stupidly strong shields that translate into direct healing if you reshield someone. Deals with burst well, problem is the martyrdom mechanic means you constantly have to manage your "dump" which is on a harsh CD so if you overheal you end up killing yourself. There's a passive to prevent that, but passive slots are too valuable to use it.
As a DPS they love rifle healers, they can keep up full corruption forever.

Fist: Fury fill faster pls, I beg you
Fists are really great, but their group healing is the weakest of the bunch and requires a lot of target swapping to remain effective. They have the most amount of HoTs and can keep people alive pretty easily. Their healing is also fairly weak overall when not in fury, but in fury all of these problems go away as they become some superbeing of healing for a brief period of time. Also they have savagery, one of the big 2 buffs. Savagery and Opening shot are fantastic
Seriously a fist when in fury mode can heal through basically anything that's not a one shot without any effort.
Major downside to them is they require so many skill slots, they're incredibly ineffective when used as a secondary for more than savagery.

No mention of it in the patch notes.

secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-3-patch-notes/

Heh, guess the screeching about it got them to make an only slightly challenging achievement into a cake walk.

Yeah I see that and now Im upset. Probably waiting on the steam release to start it up.

FUCK

On one hand this means I can now sell as many 2 pip items for MoF as I want without having to hold out simply becuase its not worth using one of my auction slots. On the other hand, raising the price 5% for non-patrons is pretty damn jewish. Though this does mean more MoF being consumed enmasse, which ultimately means MoF raising in value compared to aurum

So clearly I need to swap out for some attack gear. Can I hold onto my epic occult talisman and switch out a mix of the wrist/ring/luck?

Also any glyph advice?

1 Max level 3 pip hit rune with every hit passive in the game is enough to not glance on anything in the game.
Then as a dps you want a mix of crit power and critical. depending on your weapons you want more crit rate vs power or vice versa

For DPS you want 1 hit glyph, 2 crit damage glphys, rest crit chance. You got a bit of wiggle room for the crit glyphs. If you are using mainly channeling, use this since you want as much crit as possible since channeled abilities have half crit chance but have much higher crit damage, but if you are using single shot abilities mainly, you can swap a chance or two out for a damage. The hit glyph is non-negotiable.

I'm devoted tank. Currently rocking a shotgun and hammer but probably going to gear up the rest once I can invest the AP/SP.

That's really disappointing. I really like fist and shotgun. I've been maining shotgun, though, so what's a good secondary for that?

Should I stick with fist for now and just use it for it's interrupts to back up my shotgun?

Are the Revenant weapons from the ARG good enough to keep using, or should I drop them eventually?

Pretty much all weapons are on equal footing, except when it comes to the extraordinary effect and suffix. If you perfer the raven summoning thing over the other two extraordinary weapons, go ahead and keep them.

Also as an aside I am farming the MoF every day across four characters to buy aurum, so if you have some advice on shit to buy there that would be helpful.

I'm eyeing the ARG weapons as well but since they're only two pips I'm toying with the notion of buying anima imbuers to up them to three pips. Or is there a dungeon weapon that might be a better choice for shotguns and hammers?

Cishetero Syndicate

WHAT YEAR IS IT

What is it with all the houses in savage coast having those creepy as fuck sounds and recordings. Jumped back there to farm subquests and every time I walk past one spoops me

Hit glyph for head, 2 crit power (one major tali, one weapon that makes 3 in fact, at least that's how I do it), 5 crit rating glyph.

There is a reason why green 3 pip crit rating glyph are about as expensive as purple no effect 3 pip weapons… (they have a shit drop rate AND it's the ones all dps are after).

Also it's worth to buy the appropriate finger signet, purple signet give you a 46.something% to your main weapon, basically double your dps which is a pretty worthwhile investment of marks even if you end up buying a bunch to level them up.

Savage coast was hit the hardest and has basically no survivor save the indians at the warded shop and the student/teachers in the warded office (the others are actually trapped between worlds, only kept safe due to their paranormal connections), all the houses are haunted/zombies/spirits the wolf guy is the one that sealed them off.

Doesnt excuse how spooky they can make noises and locations and how poorly they handle horror segments in most of the missions

It looks like Agarthan caches have been patched out with Infernal caches and the prices have gone up in the auction house.
Also
That was fast usually it takes awhile before a split.

last cabal was dead, barely anyone online and leader hadn't logged in for almost 3 weeks

The SPES shotgun seems really good. It has a 20 or 30% chance to do bonus damage whenever you spend a shell. I really don't like how it looks though, and the Revenant shotgun looks SO good.

I blame the MMO part. The creepy/weird/WTF lovecraftian material is well handled (at least better than most) but you can't really have horror when you're armed to the teeth, quest are repeatable, etc…

lewd

I'm impressed.

The weird thing is they didnt even have them in TSW, the nipples were covered by smiley pasties. They actually modeled nipples just for SWL