Jotun Free To Own

store.steampowered.com/app/323580/Jotun_Valhalla_Edition/

Get a permanent copy while you can.

Heh, I'll take it.

oh hey
happy birthday to me I guess

it's also free on GOG, as a better alternative

Cringe

Free loot or not, plundering is the real meat of this business.

might as well pirate it if you don't get le funny steam cardies and cheevos

OwO what's this

Haven't logged into my Steam account in almost 2 years, don't think I can grab it from my phone.

Thanks for pointing this out, got it.
Why are they giving this for free anyways?

Their new game is coming out apparently.

I just did. As long as you have the app installed and logged in, you can just go and get it from there.

Can I install this without linking my steam account with my phone number?

Fuck, how can they even tell? You can barely even see the main character while playing. I guess the trailer is narrated by a woman and that's what counts.

I think I never linked to the number…

Steam is still useful for multiplayer games and shit.
I don't care that much about achievmentes and cloud but they're nice to have.
Cards are pretty useful tough, as you can sell it to get steam's monopoly money.
I don't spend much money on it but when I can get something in it for free of course I'm gonna get it.

what is this hot garbage?

I actually wanted to buy this at some point.
Neato.

I remember watching a trailer for this game long ago and liking it. Thanks OP

this game looks more like a tech demo of what the studio can do
Good art, athmosphere, animation, music
absolute shit gameplay
let's hope they do better with Sundered

I remember seeing this a while back but never felt compelled to buy it. Nice to be able to try it without having to bother pirating it.

Everything is free if you want it.

I fear SJW

>>>Holla Forums

Alright, calm down I'm just being cheeky. Thanks OP. If it weren't for threads like these, I would be missing out on all the giveaways since all the games that go for free I have as "Not Interested" on Steam.

What are you 12?

Plus, since it has cards, you can just idle it for the cards, sell them, then forget all about it.

delet this

If you guys are all about sharin' and shit, can you share you wife with me?

No need to be such a basic bitch retard.

Yeah! Don’t they know this is supposed to be a historically accurate video game?!
And it’s not like shield maidens were a thing in the sagas, right?

Steam Cloud's convenience varies so wildly that I just disabled it completely for my account after a while. It had a nasty habit of deleting my Terraria worlds and players after uploading them to cloud storage and all the Valve games it's connected to (ie TF2) it doesn't seem to actually do anything for.

Hey, it's free. I'll take it.

Which ones? The ones I have read that are not fantasy with giants, magic, zombies and no shield maidens are all about power struggles, politics and setting enemies houses on fire so they can be killed. And there are no shield maidens in those either.

If it's free on both, why not get it on both?

Ultra bland gameplay with great art and setting. And a fair dash of mandatory current-era "Nu-Valhalla". Massive change of brain aneurysm if you actually pay attention to the story.
Barely worth it - even free.

Nothing is free retard

Air
Welfare
My body ;)

Air Ain't free. The respiratory tract gotta be litterd with the particles of Carbon. DIEoxygen aka O₂ is not my inhaled gas, it is a deadly neurotoxin and probably synthetic as well :DD. CARBON and oxygen not oxygen and OXYGEN ok. praise smoke.

Is it and good?

The phrase 'there's no such thing as a free lunch' means 'nothing comes from nothing'; IE, if you get a lunch for zero dollars, someone still have to grow and harvest the ingredients, prepare them, cook them, and serve them. There are many things for zero dollars, ie financially free, but very few of those involved no human effort and none of them just spontaneously came into being.

To wit, someone DID make this game, and if you want to send them money somehow, that's the decent and sensible thing to do in exchange for this game; but, theya re letting you obtain it now for zero monies, and that's what counts.

Download it and find out, nigga. I don't think i'd like half the shit i did as a kid if i didn't just sit down and play it.

Citing achievements is pretty unforgivable and indicative of your character.

Exactly how many sagas have you read?
There are several dealing with jǫtnar, ghosts (including the ghosts of seals), draugar, sea monsters, dealing with reincarnation, female warriors, runes used to cause sickness, etc., etc.

On women being warriors at all:
No. As for women entering Valhalla or Folkvangr? Fuck no. The only women there are Valkyrie and Goddesses.

I don’t recall saying there were female warriors IRL, you cumgurgling dunce. I said they were featured in the sagas, some of which also features supernatural events and characters.

So what? The sagas feature in the reply chain insofar as they are used as an argument for historical accuracy, right here:

The first part of my post is pointing out that their attestation in the sagas is not historical evidence. The second part of my point is that even within the literary tradition featuring supernatural events and characters, as you made a point to throw out there, female warriors did not go to Valhalla or Folkvangr. Game's fucked and pozzed on both historical and literary levels.

Man, Skyrim really opened the floodgates for hipsters to pretend to care about Norse mythology didn't it?

And Jotun happens to be a work of fiction, in which you find things that are literary motifs.

Except, as has been said multiple times, even within literary motifs shieldmaidens do not go to afterlives reserved for male warriors. You have a choice here. You can accept this, or you can subvert your own argument based upon literary motifs by discarding those motifs and making up your own bullshit by posing deconstructive questions such as "oh, but why can't we write stories about (corrupt the nature and purpose of this motif) female warriors in Valhalla?" Because the motifs don't exist in a vacuum, and they are constructed for very specific reasons and to have certain interactions which are not only endemic to Norse mythology, but all Indo-European mythologies. You cannot alter the part without altering the whole.

I just hope that hipsters focus on making fun games if they pretend to care. Norse myths lend themselves well to games. The fucking Japs even managed to make a JRPG out of Norse myth.

Trying way too hard to be a nostalgiafag

A person who focuses on making something good is not a hipster by definition.

Hmm, I don't know. The graphics look good and the gamplay average, but it doesn't look great. I can't put my finger on it, but it just seems like an average game. And I just don't have time for average games with a ton of classics on my backlog.

May I ask why people give away gives likes this? I understand that Valve sometimes gives away their titles because they are the owners of Steam, but why would (it seems like) an indie dev give away a game for free? Do they get compensation from Valve?

It said on GOG that Thunder Lotus Games has a new title, Sundered, coming out, so i assume it's some kind of promotion for that.

Because at imageboard you are supposed to have fucking polarised opinion about everything.

What's so nostalgiafag about disliking achievement cancer?
You know that you have to be over 18 years old to post here right?

The developer has a new game is coming out soon, so they're promoting their studio.

Jotun is good, but not great. The art and animation is fantastic, and I really like the setting and the lore, but the gameplay itself is quite simple. It's like a combat-only Zelda clone.

Giving away free shit is marketing 101. It creates mind space. Ever been to a convention were they give away goodies?

Now my guess is that this game was EOL anyway and was no longer shifting copies. There's probably a new project in the pipeline.

You must know the ways of your Jewish enemy to fight him.

What I find hilarious is that you could have pirated this game already. But now that it's being gifted people suddenly pay attention.

>(((steam)))

and faggots pretend image isn't true

Not anymore. Everybody on Holla Forums hates Valve now.

Not worth retrieving the forgotten password from 2 years ago. I'll pass.

That is fucking retarded, and if you actually think that you are retarded as well.

You can either go with the story of the game and accept it for what it is, or you can spend your time writing retarded shite like this on an anonymous imagebaord - you have a choice here.

Is she flipping the guy off?

Go back to reddit then, I've seen plenty of shitting on everything in your pic except for portal, everything else got shat on when they happened and still do.

We know, faggot.

A shekel for the good goy.