Emulation on PSP

I´ve heard that SNES emulation on PSP is rather spotty, specially when it comes with games with special chipsets, do any of you guys have experience with it?

FF6 seems to run fine but the minimap in the overworld is missing exept for the red dots and there is some jerkyness when the battle starts and the characters get into position, otherwise it seems to be fine, I dont know if I should be messing around with the settings.

emulators on PSP are pretty much garbage once you get past the tg16/pce. Stick to anything before that. Otherwise the system is great for anything PS1, and of course, PSP.

What this guy said. Get a phone if you want to emulate on the go so much, it ain't 2006 anymore

Also Scenebeta has an unofficial upgraded version of snes9x for the PSP that was updated a few months ago and it's really good.

kys

Bullshit. PSP emulation is pretty much perfect all the way up to the gba.

Please kill yourself.

There are several cheap attachable controllers, USB OTG ones, bluetooth support…
Any low range phone from the last 3 years can emulate better than a PSP
Retroarch is free as far as I know and Android piracy is wide spreaf as fuck and retard proof
go back to Youtube

Just get a DS4 and a phone clip. The only emulators that cost money are the ds emu and ps1 emu. It really is the best emulation device.

It isn't, SNES emulation is worst than on the PS2, GBA emulation is okay at best and several titles have slowdowns, Genesis emulation doesn't even support 32X and PS1 emulation can be glitchy as fuck on non-official PSN releases (which use tons of speedhacks), not even NES emulation is that great. Don't get me started on the awful screen scaling or the lack of R2+L2 for PSX. It ain't 2006 anymore

NES and GB/C have worked near flawlessly for me. GBA has issues only with the really big games, like TLA. SNES is really fucking spotty, but some games work okay. PS1 and PSP games are fine, ignoring lack of actual L/R2 buttons. Genesis works pretty good too. Emulation works pretty great for the most part, just don't expect SNES games to run well. The Vita delivers on that. I just use default settings for the PSP though.

What about the awful scaling and stretching?

All those phone attachments look clunky and uncomfortable as fuck. Who the fuck is gonna carry an extra controller and attach it every time they want to play a game? Not to mention most smartphone batteries barely last a day during normal use so using it to play games for times where you won't be able to charge it for more than a few hours is out of the question.
Please stop giving retarded ideas.

Nigga, I've been using the PSP for handheld emulation for years and have never had problems with any of those platforms unless it was a bad rom. You're just dumb.

Its never bothered me too much, but it is there. Might be due to the games I play that it doesn't drive me crazy, or I just have low standards as long as I don't have to spend money on shotty digital re rereleases.

The PSP battery wasn't known for being exceptional with its duration, my phone can emulate DS for around 6 hours without a problem and it isn't even the fanciest phone around. Now if I recall, GBA emulation on the PSP really drsined your battery unless you set the clock speed below 333
You've never had a problem with SNES emulation on the shitty hardware of the PSP? Jesus christ, you are truly stuck at 2006.

fucking liar

Xiaomi phones have some fantastic battery life

nope

Stop repeating that.

You can find all but one for free. the DS one. Most of the premium emilators are rip offs of better emulators anyway.

Only the Ds emulator was the only one that i needed a jail break.

The biggest problem with phone emulator is battery. It plays a lot of games really well though.

So you never played a single game beyond Mario World?

What shitty phones are you buying?
Even chink shit runs longer than that.

I have a PSP 1000 with a GBA and SNES emulator I use pretty often. Indeed, the games with special chipsets can be pretty wonky, but overall it is a really nice device and it all works pretty well. I think there are better portable devices with emulators. Speaking about that, how is Vita emulation doing?

emulation on Vita or emulating Vita?

Emulating on Vita. Jokes on you, there is nothing from the Vita to emulate!

There should be a vita version of retroarch.

There is, but the individually ported cores are better

ITT people too retarded to use retroarch and that one obligatory DS4 shill.

At that point you might as well carry the PSP.

that is absolutely true
the amount of hoops you have to jump through just to make sure the game doesn't crash halfway through is tedious on the PSP.

That's cute. Know what I have that can do the same for nearly double that?

A dated piece of shit?

I'd appreciate it if you stopped posting.

ok

Avalon Code looks fantastic on emulators too

at full speed without requiring a phone that costs x10 the amount of the original console?

my 150$ phone could emulate certain DS games at 2x resolution. You'll need to pirate Drastic emulator though. The Desmume retroarch core isn't optimized at all.

My 200 bucks Xiaomi can emulate at 2X no prob

what the fuck?

I'll take that win, thanks.

Are all "original" hardware fags this retarded?

Why would you want to use jewgle play store for anything?

why the fuck would you need to pirate an emulator in the first place
why wouldn't i just go and buy a $15 DSi and a $30 flashcart to play them without problems AND for a fraction of the cost?

AND with actual fucking buttons without having to tote along a fucking controller and kickstand.

because the emulator is being sold? you're already paying to pirate for your flashcart. What exactly is your reservation about pirating an emulator?
Do you not own a phone already? Why would you want to carry both a phone and a DS when going out?
If you're gonna be playing DS games why wouldn't you buy a fucking 3DS over a DS?

Because it's not an open source emulator? Have fun with your outdated piece of shit and your scalper friends. Now leave this EMULATION thread ffs

user… Nobody is scalping DS units. They're painfully common and considered obsolete given that the 3DS is backwards compatible. Supply outstrips demand to a hilarious degree. FFS, this is basic HS Econ.

fucking why? you guys haven't given any reason why its better for its value other than "muh high res"
if i wanted high res, i'd play an emulator on my desktop. playing on a DS is feasible in public because its just a game console, but playing it on your phone with a controller and having to go back and forth between them make you look like a fucking spastic

t. quentin

Because it has absolutely fantastic optimization and compatibility
You don't need a controller for many DS games y'know, also
Good on you, but I won't settle down for the abysmal resolution of the DS. god you are dense.

How about learn to read retard?

What the fuck are you talking about? How is a controller peripheral any different from headphones? You sound really insecure.

He is just grasping at straws, most original hardware fags are like that

What individual cores? I'm pretty content with RetroArch on mine.

Closed emulators are a blight. They hoard knowledge on how to emulate a system and restrict development to a few people. With how complex the modern systems are it's imperative to have an open development model to bring in as many ideas and talent as you can, and so one codebase can be used everywhere instead of having the crap one for smartphones, the crap one for PC, the crap one for this game console, etc etc etc.

People are idiots who don't know of better options.

Not exactly relevant for end users as they'll use whatever is the best option for them. Why shouldn't they?

I'd sooner buy a Wii U than use Cemu which is largely focused on that one Zelda game these days.

There are no better options than Drastic on Android as far as DS emulators go, it's the Dolphin of its kind

Good for you.

wich snes9x is the new one?

Snes9xTYL (me/cm) Mod 170521

Snes9xTYL (me/cm) .091127 modR28

My galaxy S3(5 year old phone) has no problems with emulating PS1 games, and it can also emulate some DS games as well, such as the Phoenix Wirght series, Ghost Trick, and with the exception of cutscenes Layton games.

You chose your words to hurt the most didn't you.

That's all you can say?

Well I tried using this new version of Snes9xTYL, I assume Mod 170521 is the new one, the one I had before was modR26

FF6 now has the minimap, but the music in the overworld is slow, and at as soon as you enter a random battle the game slows down some more when everyone gets in position, but then everything starts going smooth 60FPS and no sound issues for the duration of the battle

fixed frameskip just seems to make things worse

In the other hand, Secret of Mana seems to run with no problems at all, Im happy with that.

other RPGS seems to run fine, Metal Max and Romacing Saga 3 had no issues so far.

You're pretty retarded, user.

I put an SNES emulator on my PSP a few days ago to play the first Megami Tensei. I get ~45 fps in dungeons but it feels too choppy with it slowing down the music. And then there's the problem that even if you save in-game you must exit out of the emulator for the saves to store on the PSP. I've had it crash on me 2 times and I thought I lost hours of work bc of that but luckily I can use save states since for some reason they do store without having to exit out of the emulator.

If there's a better SNES emulator than s9xTYLcm091127_mod_r26 please let me know.