NIHON FALCOM THREAD, "A Summer of Tokyo Xanadu, Cold Steel and Zwei II" edition

Don't forget to support the games (or not if it's a NISA release) and spoiler the spoilers!

Specially Xanadu Next. That masterpiece deserves bigger sales. And, uh, maybe

- XSEED will stream Zwei II, date: 7/14 at 3:30PM PDT
- Trails of Cold Steel I coming to PC this August, Steam page already available; ToCS II is also confirmed for PC with no release date available
- Tom on ToCS for PC: will have its own separate launcher, "far more feature-rich than any other launcher we've ever had in any of our PC games to date" " There's not much you CAN'T do in that launcher." "You can tweak bloody EVERYTHING"
- Trails of Cold Steel III is on track for a Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. Check gematsu.com and esterior.net for further details
- Tons of Falcom/Kondo interviews with some interesting details, will eventually make a list and a tl;dr

- Zwei II coming this Summer. Check this blog post to discover the game ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/162167486725/zwei-the-ilvard-insurrection-localization-blog )
- The full Trails in the Sky trilogy is finally on English, available on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store
- Tokyo Xanadu brought by Askys, Vita version has already been released, and the improved Ex+ version for PS4 and PC on late 2017, although Amazon has November 24th, 2017 listed
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended

- Trails to Zero fan tl at 25%. Machine tl of Zero & Azure have also been released, and they are as terrible as you would expect.
- The Legend of Xanadu I & II Dub Project announced, English tl patches coming in the next months ( tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm )
- Also in the works: Zwei!!, Dinosaur Resurrection, Vantage Master Japan, Dinosaur Resurrection and Brandish 2 Renewal (PC-98)

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!QtEi1ZhT!TT-OqbxKmWpNOxKMvaUo8Ufbk-iK68WoY4iS5-bKWcY
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/162986735225/zwei-the-ilvard-insurrection-localization-blog
twitch.tv/videos/159175328
nichegamer.com/2017/07/14/xseed-bringing-ys-seven-pc-via-steam-summer/
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163180020530/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-pc
gbatemp.net/threads/working-tokyo-xanadu-jp-w-english-assets.478093/
techraptor.net/content/president-nihon-falcom-games-on-steam
techraptor.net/content/walking-path-legends-interview-nihon-falcom-president-toshihiro-kondo
twitter.com/Theswweet/status/889569417696235520
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
prefundia.com/projects/view/gurumin-physical-edition/12912/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I forgot to include the Ys Seven PC rumor, sorry guys.

Also this was said n the Discord group yesterday. Sure there's some speculation, but at the same time, there is some juicy information.

- XSEED has 9 employees, maybe a couple more
- Sara is working on 4 unannounced games
- NISA didn't contact XSEED for help on the Ys 8 tl, they contacted a freelancer who were once an XSEED employee
- Those behind Little King's Story PC port are porting Cold Steel to the PC (remember that LKS was extremely hard to port while CS's engine is extremely easy to port to PC, so don't expect the same kind of disaster. Also check the lastest news for CS on PC)
- NISA has been trying to release Falcom games for a long time. They also tried once to get Sara

Speculation:

- NISA is pushing really hard on Ys 8 in order to look good to Falcom so they can bring more Falcom games. This is important because NISA keeps bleeding IPs from time to time, soon they will lose Spike Chunsoft as well
- The Ys 8 dual audio feature could be concerning. "So either NISA is making a promise they can't keep or going to burn themselves with Falcom. Because Falcom won't do business with them if they violate contracts. Or they seriously greased some palms."
- NISA could go through Kadokawa for the Evolution ports, it might be a possibility, but it wouldn't look good

Falcom should just start saving money to fund a Falcom USA branch already to stop this shit show once and for all. I want to support them but I'm not giving NISA a fucking dime regardless if they somehow don't fuck up. Hell I rather give money to bamco for machine translations again.

I doubt they'd even bother. Dana is a new game and was extremely well regarded on release. The Evo ports wouldn't sell a fraction of what it will. The idea that NISA is going to try to steal away a tiny niche RPG series that is notoriously difficult to translate is pretty improbable. Ys is normalfag friendly. Kiseki is not.

Weren't their SC titles doing okay?

Yeah, but IIRC SC is starting to release their own games by themselves

Wait, hang on, is NISA having trouble acquiring the rights for the VAs? Or what?

I hope the ys 7 pc rumor is true, I want to be able to play it in 60fps, and there's no 60fps cheat on the psp despite nayuta having one and running on the same engine.

Why the fuck is she a giant

WHAT HAPPENED TO JULY?

fuck you it's my fetish. thats why.

for you

Haven't read anything about it,where / when did the rumor spread?

digitalemelas.com/archive_tom.php

Thank you

Also, no one pointed out that Sara is working on 4 more games aside Zwei II.

What do you guys think? I'm going to bet on Zwei!!, Dinosaur Resurrection, Ys Seven and Celceta.

What's the point? Celceta is easy to play on PC without much trouble and Seven is easily emulatable.
Unless they include extra content or revamp the gameplay because it fucking sucks I don't see the point of either game being ported.

I updated my Blade game again.
Blade II is now supported, you can make custom card sets and the CPU player got a bit smarter.
mega.nz/#!QtEi1ZhT!TT-OqbxKmWpNOxKMvaUo8Ufbk-iK68WoY4iS5-bKWcY

Cool.

I usually HATE mini games in jrpgs and always skip them whenever possible but Blade was a fun cardgame.

:^)

Why is XSEED, which was set to be on top, now suddenly knee-capped this hard?

Is there a conspiracy to kill XSEED? Is it because the folks won't capitulate to the (((tide))) in the industry?

MAKE IT STOP

DELETE THIS

I feel like they've fallen behind by quite a bit.

I mean… I appreciate small games like Sakuna, and older games like Zwei, But stuff like Akiba's Beat?

Did he use modern Japanese teen lingo in the original?

Zwei!! probably won't happen except as a freebie with Zwei II, simply because the game's assets were made for a set resolution and it's got a bunch of technical weirdness simply from age (like the Indeon codec and those desktop gadgets which might freak players out). But I can see Dinosaur Resurrection and VM Japan next from XSEED, so long as they feel confident about sales. Vantage Master's got online play at least.

2016 was a pretty good year for them, but just what happened to 2017? Now they've got a looming threat with other localizers swooping in to claim Falcom releases.

It's more about quantity than quality.

Last time I looked, people's facial features aren't supposed to be pasted on willy nilly whatever you feel like. I kind of feel like he exaggerates the proportions to hide his own incompetence as well.

*15%

And the Ao translation is 45% done. Though it seems to go up about 2.5% a week, so it's still a year out unless something starts speeding up the process.

Zero went from 2% to 15% in like a month and three weeks so it'll probably be a year for it too.

Second Zwei localization blog is out. xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/162986735225/zwei-the-ilvard-insurrection-localization-blog

XSEED's Zwei II stream's also starting in just under 2 hours.

Zero jumped because a new person joined the team who's actually working on it, while before the project was basically on pause due to the members of the team working on other projects instead.

You'll be amazed how many people WANT localisation and censorship user. Play Japanese games without all that weird and creepy Japanese stuff.

Its the fucking normalfags who creep me out every time. Oh well every second brings us closer to death.

Only SJWeebs who are a vocal minority. Most normalfags just "don't want no trabble" and want the game and believe the lie that if they don't buy it then they'll simply never get it, because the former group does everything in their power to perpetuate that lie. As usual normalfags aren't SJWs, just easily manipulated by them. Just look at how many people loved 2B's butt in Nier Automata. Plenty of normalfags are fine with Japanese lewd. They're just convinced that unless they take the shit shoveled down their throats by the localization companies they will never get another Japanese game again.

give me a release date you fucks

I just want a CS3 announcement.

I just want a Nayuta PC port with a new translation.

Honestly just knowing XSeed have it will be enough. Even if I have to wait two years.

Announce that they're localizing it so they can put my fears at ease.

Hope NISA fucks over their relations with falcom.

Zwei II >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tits

I want to hatsuu hatsuu's hatsuus.

YS SEVEN

YS SEVEN BOYS

Nice

Ys Seven on PC.

They…they got the franchise back?

There's no "IP rights", you idiot.

Officially, yes. Unofficially, at least in terms of company preference…

I'm hoping for another console killing glitch to happen, seeing people that support NISA have their systems get destroyed warms by cold black heart. I had a 24 hour erection when people started PS3s burnt out because Disgea and Witch and the Hundred Knight

Rean had a hard life…

LOL Feminist Dogi achievement

user look at this smile compared to
First smile is confident, full of vigor and life. The later smile is his attempt at a smile. It's the kind of smile you put on when someone's looking at you but the minute they look away it just drops from your face.

Jokes aside, Rean can't be so grim when he's got such an ever-growing harem vortex.
But really, does anyone have confirmation of Sara yet? Not even from what I've seen in Nip has showed her.

Leak was confirmed

Sara was the fourth returning character proven aside from Rean, Alisa and Altina. She hasn't been shown from the front yet or officially introduced though.

What leak?

link to discord group?

Ys Seven PC rumor

Ah okay. Cool.

Can't wait to hear him voiced in this.

I think they said it was outsourced.

👌
I wanna fuck that hedgehog

That's a pikkard, which is based on pigs.

You heretic

There is a level of maturity and grace to the writing in this relationship that really exemplifies the difference between Falcom and other JRPG companies.

You can look at P5 and compare it to this for embarrassment. The contrast is as stark as black and white. I liked Sadayo, don't get me wrong, but the whole exchange simply feels more sincere in Cold Steel. It doesn't feel rushed in the slightest, though I wonder if that's also something to do with the fact that they already had a three-teir story in mind before setting out to make it.

Still, for every major shining example of uniqueness there's an example of something far worse… That leather lezzy will never stop being an aggravated cist in an otherwise great series.

I wish more writers in games took their time to really make their characters this human and their relationships - in particular romances - this earnest and sweet. The only downside to me is that Cold Steel, likely because they knew it was going to be a trilogy, took too long to get going in the first game for me to be able to really enjoy it. There's introductions and world building and then there's, "Why am I not actually reading a novel/book instead?"
It felt like I could have gone through Calvin's tome of the Institutes in the time it took for CS1 to get to the point.

Not their best stream (which was Hatsuu with Trails 3rd), but very fun and the Ys Seven PC announcement is nuts. I really hope XSEED knows what they're doing with their release schedule, though, and they'll need to keep marketing on social media for the rest of the year. Maybe Fate/Extella and CS PC will have strong launches, but it's less certain for Zwei II and Ys Seven now. That's a lot to cram into summer, even with September.

XSEED's contracted the port to an outside team, but I bet Sara @ XSEED will be able to do her own ports in the future. She's just got so much to work on that it's hard enough to learn the nitty-gritty for a serious port.

You said it yourself. Falcom writes in advance mostly. Atlus doesn't. Falcom has 3 full games to develop characters with the first being the lead up. Atlus has one game to do all you're complaining about them not doing. It's crazy to compare the two in writing, Connor.

BEHOLD! The one and [almost] only true failure in

I think it's more than that. You can develop characters with more sincerity than that in one single game. Though it's true, comparing Cold Steel to P5 is a bit unfair since the writing overall feels like comparing a top anime to a thorough novel, for better and worse.
Also,
Come on, now.

Anyone know how Falcom's take on a Persona title has gone? How good is it from the initial Vita run?
Has Aksys utterly butchered it with more (((HELLA))) translation choices like ?

The translation is mostly fine. Of course I can't learn Japanese so that's just as far as I know. There are typos and rarely Kou says hella.

Also I just noticed
I get that it's supposed to mock the idea of a European throne/godlike throne, but come on, Japan. You should know better than that.

It's Aksys so I'd figure. Not too big a deal. Didn't expect the quality of XSEED from them to begin with.

Yeah, I posted another instance last thread.

ITS BEEN MONTHS OF PAIN
I NEED TO KNOW !!!
WHOS DOING THE LOCALIZATION OF CSIII?

Sadly we probably won't know that until it's been out in Japan for a while, unless Falcom really is changing its stripes.

It'll be XSeed. Literally no other company would want Trails. It's still super niche even among JRPG players and the script will undoubtedly be legendary. Then there'd be the hassle of consistency with VAs. Not worth it.

Plus I think they've mentioned they already had the rights to localize the whole series, but I could be mis-remembering something else.

Goddamn, I fucking hope so, pirating YSVIII makes me feel guilty

YS VII XSEED ON STEAM THIS SUMMER

twitch.tv/videos/159175328

1:22:10

They said the same thing about Xanadu.
That said, I'm sure XSEED will get CSIII.

nichegamer.com/2017/07/14/xseed-bringing-ys-seven-pc-via-steam-summer/

Fucking nice. What's even better is that it's coming out around the same time as 8, so it's the best way to show Falcom which localizing company the true fans prefer, and maybe get them to pull a Neptunia and re-release 8 with either XSEED or even do it themselves and tell NISA to fuck off.

Do you really think Falcom won't just go "oh, maybe westerners like Ys7 more than Ys8?"

They know the backlash from their decision to use NISA, but yeah, sales are the only thing that matters. There are more mindless drones than informed buyers.

Zwei 2? More like Zwei 2 COPIES SOLD.

Well it's not Trails or Ys…so yeah…sadly.

Fixed it for you.
Zwei already means two.

I know.

I'm going to buy two copies

xseedgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/any-chance-of-this-coming-to-pc.29303/

Noice.

They should get Enami Katsumi back to do the art for their games.

Valiant… Gear…?

Have you guys read the lastest posts from Tom?

Also

Buuut…

I mean, if he feels the need to deny it this hard it means they already have it. I know PR speak when I see it.

There's more to that than just "PR talk". If Tom seems to be positive, there's a realistic chance it can happen. If not, the there's a good chance it won't happen. Of course, this can change as time goes, Tom wasn't too positive about the future of the Trails series a few years ago before FC was released for PC. Or getting games ported to the PC.

In any case, this means they haven't started working on both games. And soon they'll have to decide if they want to translate CS III or not, and that imples that Zero & Azure should be fully translated before CS III or at least be translated one day.

In any case, I'm going to wait for the release of CS II on PC. There's a good chance they will reveal something, as they did when the 3rd got a release date + CS I & II for PC.

From a financial perspective Xseed should just do more Panty Quest games. FC and SC didn't make much money and I don't see Ao and Zero break the bank. Too much effort too little reward.

Actually reading that, to me, kind of seems like an excuse to justify why something like CSIII would come out before them, which I still think is going to happen.

I don't care much for them doing Zero and Ao now that there are fan translations being worked on.

I DO care about CS3 and future Trails and Ys games.

This looks fucking great

I've never fully understood what made one skill stand out from the other in Ys Seven. There are so many of them and most of the time it comes down to just spamming skills for more DPS anyways, do they have other uses as well? I also read blunt characters like Dogi fill up the stun gauges of enemies faster than other characters and that the princess was useful for regaining SP while Adol was good for damage, but it was never clear to me when playing the game.

SC barely did, if it made anything due to it's clusterfuck development(which fucked over the series as a whole getting localized) and we can only assume about TC due to it's smaller size.

wew

I really hope they don't keep re-using this sort of character. Rean was enough, and Kou seems kind of bland from what I've seen. He's Rean without the interesting trauma.

I'm just hoping that the Calvard games star a girl

It'll star Juna and gang.

sadly you are correct, it's quite a shame really since Zero made me love the series and i utterly despise FC, SC and to a lower degree 3rd; i liked the world building, lore and politics, but Estelle and crew pisses me off since i really hate "happy go lucky, Tomboy, son/daughter of some legend type of character", i only liked Olivier and a few other ones, not to mention the insane amount of reused assets and places without any big change almost made me drop the series for good. Thank god i didn't since Zero fixes nearly every major problem i had with FC and SC.

I'm playing TitS 3rd and I must say. Fuck the fishing game. It was frustrating enough in SC, but now I'm in a competition that's entirely reliant on RNG whether I get something decent from my casts or if the NPC I'm up against pulls two 200 rege fish in a row. Plus twice I got the "Hit!" message and the fish got away anyhow.

Up to chapter 5, and I kinda wish they'd reuse more places. I know it's rehashing old shit, but I really liked the chapter where I was running through Grancel and finding chests in buildings and shit.

Would I be missing much playing Cold Steel before the Crossbell arc? First one's coming out on PC soon and I don't think my Japanese is up to the level of being able to play Ao/Zero, yet.

Well if they're just party members sure. But It seems with each new series, there's at least one new main star and a new cast. (Sky has Estelle and Joshua and friends, Crossbell has Lloyd and friends, Steel has Rean and friends)

You won't miss anything other than some references. They take place kind of parallel to each other, and there are a few moments where you'll go "Damn, I wonder what the hell is going on in Crossbell", but at the same time Steel is focused on Erebonia.

I'm not sure how XSeed will handle CS3, though.

So I downloaded the Zero no kiseki English ISO because I don't want to wait 2 years for the "official" fan TL project to finish.

But then it dawned on me: there is no English Ao! And I have no faith that Xseed or Falcom will ever do something about this.

Luckily all the doors of 3rd are on YT so there's that.

Just cheat engine it.

These games are fucking niche. Considering licensing, porting, voice acting and translating I don't think selling 200k of the Crossbell games would be enough to keep Xseed afloat. Theyd have to do it for love/ headpats.

You fucking kidding? If XSEED could get Zero/Azure to sell 200k they would start right now translating the games. 200k units sold are a lot, the profits would be quite high.

Somebody on >Reddit translated the story and most of the quests but the script hasn't been inserted into the game. You can read along with that.

Anyone who's played Zero/Ao have a rough estimate of how difficult the Japanese in it is? I'm kinda contemplating getting a Vita and the evo versions of the games while I'm over there. But I'll really have to hope there's not too many auto-scrolling text boxes. If I get stuck on a sentence I'd like for it to wait for me before advancing like most of the "Sora no…" series does.

Also do any other arcs have Olivier as a cameo or anything? Because he is the best character.

I've noticed they keep flipping between Kazuma and Kazama for one of the characters in TX.

Olivier is present in all of the arcs.

Is there something wrong with those ones? From what I've read they're just improved versions of the original PSP releases.

The only game Olivier doesn't appear in is Zero no Kiseki. He is in literally every other game, including Ao.

The Crossbell ones aren't as borked as the Sky Evo ports, which actively fuck up the balance. They still have worse music, though.

When is Zwei II coming to steam/gog?

Olivier is to Kiseki as Michael is to Ghagharv
trufax

"Summer"
So the end of September.

What a great game.

Cold Steel PC slated for August 2nd release.

Durante, cuck leftists policies aside, really knows his deal and for the looks of his CS report post, this will be a really great port.

Neat!

Report post in question:
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163180020530/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-pc

Is this port based on some older PC port? Because I can't see why the PS3 version of CS would have a DX11 backend.

He pretty much took over what they already had. Not to mention the engine for the games are piss easy to port.

ATASHITACHI NO KUROSUBERU KAESHITE YOOOOO

WE GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS NOW

I wonder who'll be the one to tell her some random birds ain't gonna give her back Crossbell.

I think this is the first time we've seen Sara from the front for the user's who where awaiting that, looks like this game will be spoiling us with cakes.
Also holy shit Tita's health pool, I know it went up when she got her mech in sky but i don't remember the differences being that big, but I may just be forgetting.

So Arianrhod is the Awakener of the Palatinate Knight?

That picture of Tita is lewd.

Only ever played a little bit of Coldsteel but I remember it being mentioned that you can choose a girl. Do the covers mean that's the blonde is the canon gf? Because from what I remember she was the worst girl hands down

The Japs love her for some reason, but it's universally known that she's worst girl over here.
This of course can only mean one thing: the Japs have shit taste.

Fie, especially now that we see she becomes a QT hick after the time skip, is hands down best girl.

You can choose a girl but Alisa is pushed as the "canon" romance. It's the generic shit-taste safe choice. I like her development and character but generally most of the girls are leagues above her.

Alisa's only notable trait is the fact that she constantly yells the name of characters more interesting than herself every time they come on screen.

Heh. I did kinda like that she actually apologized for slapping Rean, but then she relapses into generic tsundere.

The relationship with her mom is weird as hell, though. I actually hated it because it felt like her mother was straight up neglectful and bitter rather than just doling out tough love.

The Japs love her because she has blonde hair and is the generic tsundere. I was surprised that Falcom would write a trope and not do anything to show that she's more than that trope. A drawback of having such a large group, I guess. Like, Josette is a tomboy tsundere, but she's more than just that as a character.

That one was blown up, so it isn't that knight at least.

gbatemp.net/threads/working-tokyo-xanadu-jp-w-english-assets.478093/
Anybody have a cart dump of the english Tokyo Xanadu? I don't feel like buying shit.

Wrong thread. The share thread would be better.

I'm playing 3rd right now and it doubles her health when she uses it. Haven't actually used it myself, so I don't know what else happens. She's far more useful spamming vital cannon on the party and smoke bombing the enemy.

how would you know that faggot

Double health and 20% more str/def didn't seem quite as useful as her current role. Especially when the description says it disables the effects of equipment. Which means the 20% extra str is pointless because she'll lose 300 or so from not being able to use the tiger eye.

Alisa is certainly the most vocally hated worst girl. I think as far as statistics go though, the title probably belongs to Emma… despite her literally being the character most connected to the supernatural shit that makes a good chunk of what is behind everything in the goddamn game.

Emma deserves better than she gets. I may be a Laurafag, but I still like Emma a lot.

Actually, it would probably be Alfin or Elise. Towa is also likely less than Emma. Alisa has her hatedom, but is also quite popular outside of Japan. Ranked either third or fourth depending on how you feel about Fie, usually below Laura and Sara, in the west anyway.

And don't get me mad about Emma not being the main heroine, or how if she switched personalities with Alisa it would make them both much better characters.

Emma is fucking great, honestly. My first playthrough of both games I went with her all the way.

I really do love Laura, Sara and Fie, though.

And personally, I'm an Emmafag and acknowledge that Laura has the fucking best special bond event

Millium is worst, Alisa is only second worst.

I actually don't hate Millium. I may not like Burch as a person, but "retard loli" is basically the only voice she's okay at. In terms of character I find her worse than all the other Class VII girls except Alisa, but even then I don't hate her.

You said this last time and you're still wrong. :^)

I don't think anyone counts Millium, since there's no romance there, period.

Elise either, for that matter, despite her lusting after the nii-san dick.
And I know we've had this discussion before, but
I can't entirely approve of this, because without the personality she was written with, she'd likely lose the smile I would vow to protect with my life. Seriously, try to switch their portrait faces, and see how that turns out.
That said, I wouldn't have minded if it was Emma that "bumped" into Rean at the train station, etc. etc.

She jokes about it, but there probably won't be. Probably.

Crossbell Police, you're under arrest.

Osborne keeps throwing lolis at his son. It's like he's trying to say something.

His son is a cake eater though.

I really hope Aurelia is an option…

I think she'd get that smile, it'd just be under different better circumstances. I like the idea of Emma resenting Rean, on the surface for being a pervert(but under the surface for having her fate bound to some guy she doesn't know). Meeting him and hating him, finding him unimpressive then getting to know and coming to love him, either as a companion or a boyfriend. That could've been an epic love story.

Alisa being a wallflower with little gumption would create an interesting dynamic with her mother and seeing her come into her own and making the decision to use her Reinford name and position to do good rather than let others take advantage of it would've been great as well.

I almost think their profiles got mixed up. I'd believe it if it weren't for old art of Gunner Rean and 8 Leaves 1 Blade Alisa.

I can dream but I doubt she will be.

I like ARPG's what games in these franchises appeal to me?

Ys and Tokyo Xanadu.

Thanks will look into them

Play Nayuta. Zwei 2 when it comes out.

I always thought emma just suffered from being the middle of the bunch, when you have 3 girls fighting for the top 3 places, she just kind of gets lost in the back, I certainly have a soft spot for her, especially after CS2, but the usual three are crammed in too tightly in the top spots.

I thought polling in Japan, usually has Alisa in in 3rd or 2nd, usually behind Laura and fie, but I just heard that from someone.

Can't eat dead cake. ;_;

This is, indeed, Emma's problem. Whenever I see people talk about playing they always list Emma as one of their favorites, just not usually the most.

Speaking of Emma, though, it seems her mana reserves have grown even more…

Holy shit, that angle. You aren't kidding!

Its too bad there are no cute 14 year old girls working as police officers in my country. They'd get a lot of orbal staffs.

How shit is this? Liked the music though.

I could see her going for Machias. He'd get all flustered by having a noble woman come onto him.

Ys 7 and Celceta are not nearly as good as Dana or the Napishtim engine games. The modern version of series lost a lot of its charm when the platforming got removed, which Dana adds back in spades.

It's a good game. The only problem I had is it felt like they padded the hell out of it. The party system works surprisingly well since all the party members are on the field and helping with damage. Switching to them is quick when you stumble across an enemy with a type advantage over you. It's a solid 8/10 to me.

Emma is my most favourite, hands down. Although it's tough to choose her outright because a lot of girls are amazing as well.

What. What?

You have to be more specific. What about it confused you?

I understand most of it is supposed to be foreshadowing for stuff I'm not supposed to understand right now, but

Is the Campanella thing at the end meant as a joke?

I only have the final location left to do, I don't know what else will be revealed, but I still have no idea what's the lore behind the Doors, of course.

He's breaking the fourth wall, yeah. Campanella is a troll, so that's in character for him.

I loved what they did though, showing the aftermath from the other side. I've just done Door #15 before that which was also powerful. Perhaps my favourite one after the Olivier one.

Oh by the way…

What's the white sweet syrupy water of life they had Renne drink?

Drugs, medicine?

That is a Crossbell spoiler.

It's Gnosis. A drug made from Pleroma flowers that strengthens your senses and does a whole bunch of other nasty stuff. It's a pretty vital plot point in the next series.

The way it was written was very uh, suggestive.

Well Renne was a child prostitute. It's worth noting that Gnosis can also be used for mind control too.

techraptor.net/content/president-nihon-falcom-games-on-steam
this is good

I WANNA FUCK THE CAT

I just encountered a door in 3rd that requires 400 battles. Is there a counter somewhere so I can see how far I am from that?

Yep. Your notebook should say.

So it does, first page. Huuuur
40 battles away. Time to play the grinding game.

Yeeeeep.

Hey James

YOU FOOLS, THEY ALSO WANT EVERY SINGLE GAME THAT THEY RELEASE FROM NOW ON TO BE ALSO RELEASED ON ENGLISH

THIS MEANS EVERY NEW GAME WILL BE TRANSLATED AND PORTED TO PC

WE WILL ENJOY THE REST OF THE TRAILS SERIES ON ENGLISH AND MORE ON PC

THIS IS IT, THIS IS LITERALLY THE YEAR OF FALCOM, FUCK OTHER COMPANIES

You forget the monkey's paw of which companies get to do the translations.

it should be
Goddammit Xseed don't make ports, so that hint at more Falcom/NISA games…

They're working on CS ports, but fuck they're slow.

I dunno how this will shape up.

This timeline isn't that bad
Now we just need more RTS games and more actual good FPS games and we're golden.

Being on PC also counters that with fan translations and such.
If a bunch of Nep autists did it I'm sure Falcom autists will do it as wel.

it was done by a third party if i'm not mistaken and is been polished by Durante, Xseed only does the testing. I fear they have become too slow for Falcom.

I'm sure they'll step it up
We'll have to see how long it takes for CSII to be ported to analyze that though.
Hopefully its due in September.

I just really want confirmation that they're working on CS3, just to assuage my fears.

That won't happen until after CSIII releases. The closest they've been given to advances is when they got CS I and II at the same time.

Mate no one is going to translate two novels-worth of text for these intensely niche games.

The difference between the Nep games and Falcom games is the amount of text, user. You're one of those people who shout mods will fix it, I'd bet.

user comparing a Nep game's amount of text to Trails is like comparing War and Peace to a travel brochure. There's a reason it's taken so goddamn long for fan translations of Crossbell to come out.

I actually didn't post that. I did make a b8 post on cuckchan with my link though, and it blew up. Useful idiots.

HOW THE FUCK DID I ONLY NOTICE IT NOW
THE FUTURE IS DARK AND FULL OF TERRORS
may i be wrong on this one, but the NISA X FALCOM partnership seems too be getting bigger and bigger.

I just got up to door 15, you weren't kidding. Shit just got real in an uncomfortable way.

Why don't you try to do something to change that instead of just complaining? Something beyond bitching on a random imageboard.

YES! LET'S SEND THEM THOUSANDS OF EMAILS THAT THEY WILL IGNORE!
Nah i will just not buy it, also what are you doing here? bitching is mostly what people do on Holla Forums in case you didn't notice.

techraptor.net/content/walking-path-legends-interview-nihon-falcom-president-toshihiro-kondo

Xseed got exposed yet again as greedy leeches.

It's not a money issue, the real reason is even worse though.

Xseed going bankrupt? I doubt that's the case because even if the Falcom games don't make them that much money the Senran Kagura games sell extremely well. So they're safe.

lol

I'm sure someone will be that autistic

Whenever I get jaded of this board and think it can't sink any lower I just take a quick peek at halfcuck and coming back here instantly feels 6 times better.

Zero no kiseki
Geofront

That is all.

twitter.com/Theswweet/status/889569417696235520

The question that was skipped.

And this is why you should play every installment in this series. I recognize that mech Tita is in.

The question is will non-mech Tita also be playable?

The real question is: Tita plugsuit?

You can see she's just wearing her school uniform in the mech, sadly.

I'm surprised no one has noticed Tita's CP is over 200.

oh shit

nah man, it's totally fine not understanding half the "bigger story" that happens across all kiseki games or all references. now seriously you actually can as the game will not close itself but the amount of stuff that will fly over your head is frankly way too absurd, for example, not playing 3rd before Zero would make the entire "Demons". "Phantasma" and "Gehenna" stuff very stupid? like a weird plot twist that came off nowhere, not to mention Renne and that 2 imbeciles.

It's Sara, Sharon, Victor S Arseid, George and…Angelica in the reveal this week. I can almost hear the autistic screeching already. Divine Knight battles as well. First pics should be up in a few hours. Someone might beat me to the punch, though, because I'm going to sleep.

I'm betting Sharon, Victor and George look the same.

Hoping Angelica has a change of outfit/hairstyle.

We already glimpsed what Sara looked like.

Lots of people won't play the old games though. Too much reading, sprite graphics.
People bitch about Cold Steel but the series is definitely made to appeal to modern gamers. English dub is absolutely a necessity to appeal beyond a niche audience.

Now let's hope that Ao is gonna be fan translated within the next 2 years.

Japanese audio is a bigger necessity though and it's gonna bite xseed back pretty hard as a result.

NISA fanboys.

It's only a necessity for the dipshits who cry about it near fucking constantly. You can believe they'll get bit, but they won't.

No it isn't. Most people can't read subs for shit. Take P5: everyone on YT and Twitch is playing in English.

If CS3 came out with JPN audio I bet English dub would beat it. I want dual audio but stage 5: acceptance.

well i can't blame them, i really dislike TitS FC and SC, the main story and characters didn't grab me at all and the reused assets pissed me off, but the Kiseki Grand story did grab me as i really like the political, church and "the society" stuff so i forced myself to finish both, 3rd was less of a chore and Zero is the one that made me love the franchise.

Goddammit after finishing Zero i thought "Well that was a good ending, maybe i won't miss anything jumping to CS!" and than i watched the Ao trailer and it was a Non stop WTF! with the exception of one "drill" person that i suspected the entire game and turns out i was right, now i MUST play it but that will take a while and i don't understand Japanese well enough to be worth playing untranslated.

i REALLY REALLY prefer Japanese audio but i don't think that is what make people not buy the game, it's the horrible "marketing" Xseed does if they even do any. I really like them as a company but my god they are terrible at selling their games, instead of making a trailer explaining CS features they put a worthless clip of VA, show people why they should give the game a chance dammit, show the minigames, systems and SPECIALLY the CHOOSE YOUR WAIFU "feature" and lot of weeaboos would buy the game for this alone.

I normally prefer English audio to Japanese, just because I find it more comfortable. I don't know a lick of Jap, I don't get the tones, and that gives it a more… musical quality. The English audio helps me get into the game/anime more. Unless the dub is godawful, which isn't as common as autists would have you believe.

I'd rather an uncensored, well translated game with a bad dub than a butchered game with game-breaking bugs, with dual audio.

I'll take whatever. I won't bitch and throw a fit if a game doesn't have a language available because I'm not a turbo autist like some people.

Lack of dual audio has never hurt a release, ever. No one complained about the Nep games being dubbed, just that they were shoddily translated. I personally prefer to play any product in the language it was made with and have subtitles, but I would put a competent and accurate translation above that by a country mile.

Is it September 28th yet?

Im not even from an English speaking country.
Dubbing is fucking awful

lol stop bullshitting

Man I sure love watching corporate shills bitch at each other.

The cake returns.

Here's a question, when will Ys8 be revealed to have Denuvo?

That appears to be a certain user's favorite purple haired lesbian on the right.

I love how Rean is totally drinking with Sara.

Is this the first time we're seeing a main character drink, actually?

Isn't Rean the first MC to be over 20?

Sara looks fucking great.

Angelica looks pretty.

Even better than I hoped. And 27 is juuuuuust right.

Her hair's grown. And she rocks red instead of black now. Olivert Warriors of Love faction confirmed.

Wearing the new "Ashen" style that seems to be all the rage. It's a good look. I can't wait to see his and Schmidt's tech duke it out.

Looks exactly the fucking same. Down to her smiling enigmatic expression… which is now starting to remind me of Campanella.

So many bar moments in the first two (mostly being bonding events, I think), but now they're actually doing it "properly."

And Angelica is wearing something other than her leather biker suit by choice?

This is Gundam SEED level of same face.

I wasn't expecting anything different after seeing the one pic of her in the initial reveal, but I sure as hell ain't complaining. Now if only we can get some confirmation of whether or not Claire will be in as well

Same face has been an issue since the Crossbell art shift. Cold Steel is only mildly better but due to higher res models instead of sprites and all the shared facial animations there's a uniformity in male and femal faces. Elliot and Rean have girl faces, though.

I am ANGRY. ANGRY ABOUT LESBIANS!

Oh cool, multiple knights. I bet that the new Class 7 are all the awakener, and you select one of them waifu style as the "true" pilot.

Those are Soldats, user. But it will function the same.

New blog post xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from

New video showing the PC version. Load times of 2 secs at most, true AA, no more pop-in, far better shadows and textures, no to mention 60+fps.

So for the most part, I would think to expect -Soldats to be controlled by the students; can choose who pilots what, possibly some slight customization to the models, though I'd guess you don't get to choose the models available
-OP Valimar coming back (Rean only), EX-Orb customization
-Laura becoming a Divine Knight pilot after shit goes down with the Stahlritter? Would also use EX-Orbs

>tfw Arianrhod betrays Ouroboros to protect Laura and gets killed in retribution
>tfw Arianrhod died in her daughter's arms, saying she's been watching her all this time and is proud of her, as she passes on her Divine Knighthood
>tfw the Stahlritter break from Ouroboros and swear fealty to Laura

I wouldn't be against it since that cliche shit makes my dick hard. Passing of the torch through death and all that.

Oh dear…

I wonder if her mom is nearby, because she's going to beat the shit out of angelica.

I think you mean "design complicated death traps."

Looks like Mint is back too. If this is our engineering team, then that's going to be great.

I wonder if she can feel the Aura of Death she's calling on herself with that.

>with Agate skulking around in the background to make sure Schmidt isn't rude to Tita

There's a great comedy series in the making.

Angie and Sara look so good I can't get over it

Really wish Rean was a girl so I could waifu Angie now

Hnnnggg

I thought it'd be hard to adjust to her without the blue coat, but she looks even better!

Jesus Christ the more you go in the worse it gets.

There are a lot of inconsistencies, like the game calling a move a "power attack" in the menus but then a "bash attack" (iirc) in quest dialog.

Should I be impressed?

How has he not tossed her out on her ass like the gremlin she is?

Mint is a cute.

A cute!

I didn't say otherwise. She's still a gremlin in the presence of an arrogant egomaniac, so my question still stands.

Tita and Mint are friends. Agate is off-screen making sure Schmidt doesn't do anything mean to Tita.

damn

prefundia.com/projects/view/gurumin-physical-edition/12912/
I'd kinda like a physical edition for Gurumin, but for 50$… I don't know, maybe I'm a fucking cheapskate but it really seems too much for me.

50 dollars, even for a physical edition, is way too much to pay for a game that released in 2004 that goes for 10 on digital. It's just Mastiff being greedy.

Is someone preparing the next bread?

Are you?

I can. Any changes needed?

NEW BREAD