SS13 new code edition

Recent Changes on the Holla Forums server

Its an autistic round-based roleplaying game based from a poorly coded atmospherics simulator
You download the BYOND client byond.com/
Use the keybind (CTRL + O) and post the IP into the "Enter the hub identifier" box.
byond://87.117.247.20:33447
tgstation13.org/wiki/Starter_guide
Chaosyourgod is the current owner of the server, meanwhile 8chanserverhost administrates it and maintains the server.
>Wow, I'm a button pusher/coder/ERPer, and I'd really love to join the admin team so I can shitpost with my (((fellow niggers)))!
Contact either Chaosyourgod or 8chanserverhost over byond or while they're on the server.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page
github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station
github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/pull/2
github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/pull/1/commits/aef14b3d7f7741dde4a6b8c5474030bfa1b14587
github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/pull/1/commits/06a0f3c69237464cbfb7a58c9d5eead431032732
pastebin.com/pZ2amVPi
pastebin.com/vJsJjMev
pastebin.com/yVki2yWF
pastebin.com/MB1ap2h6
pastebin.com/BPA6Wd6F
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/8010
github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/pull/24
github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/issues/
boards.4chan.org/v/thread/384249364#p384275223
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

What other features would you like to see shamelessly stolen from other codebases or added?
So far I know /vg/ Makeshift Weapons is one request.

ded server, friendly virologist

You can, in fact, vape viruses.
Sadly it behaves the same way as Airborne so it didn't work while you had the suit on.
Maximum science.

oh I caught it, I was starting to burn up after I shot you dead.

tbh we need to focus on adding our own stuff in

also new round going up

That was my backup virus, the real one would have made you puke plasma and burn up, and it would have been final formed by the time we got to centcomm.

Suggest that shit, too.
If you've got the sprites I've (probably) got the ghettocode.
Just need a clear description of the thing's function and goals.

I'm working on sprites, however I mean more "features"

vorecode

although I do have a fully sprited up shrink ray

gaylords

OH YEAH one of the bigger things which needs to happen is forced anonymous ckey to everyone but moderaters, someone did this before but no one fucking saved it

also I did this last thread

I can only guess how will it feel when you're raided and outnumbered in your own server.

I don't see how that's a bad thing tbh

Wait shit. I misread the first post as something akin to "everyone is a moderator".

it's o.k

Ban this sick filth.

Too big of a project for me at the moment, maybe in the future and if I get even more familiar with ghettocode.

Something I've done before is specifically ask what Virus Traits you guys want, and that went pretty well.
What do you want to see as new or improved traits?
Don't be afraid to ask for an expansion of a boring trait that already exists, either.

Wiki in OP is wrong.
We're using: 8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page
Not nuTG or ss13.co lol goonstation

wew

New random event: Shit gets cold.
The station's heating systems fail and it starts to get dangerously cold.
Crew needs to bundle up with the winter hoodies, have some hot beverages, and bring the space heaters out of maintenance.
Alternatively they could just grab a some spaceworthy gear, but that's not as comfy.
Should be a relatively rare event, like meteors.
Back on Pizza I suggested it but it never went anywhere, as coders were always either busy with other shit or were non-existent.

wouldn't the temperate system need to be revamped for this kinda thing? but it's a good idea all the same

I know nothing about coding, but could it not be done by just making the station the same temperature as space?
There doesnt need to be an actual station heating system to change, thats just the in-universe justification for the event.
You just just as easily have a more goofy reason like a space blizzard or something.

it doesn't take long to get really cold in space but I don't think it actually gets cold enough to kill someone though

Sounds good, user. I'll take a look sometime and see how possible it is.

The only way this will work is if it sets all the air temps on each turf to the same temperature at the same time, otherwise the server is going to shit itself trying to even out the temperatures.

so are people burnt out on it or what?

It's easy enough to set up a slow 'ramp-down' to low temperatures, but I have no idea how to target all room-temperature tiles at once and how malleable lists are (add all room-temperature tiles to a list, use same list to drop temp and eventually raise it again). It looks like events operate on a simple enough per-tick timer, so it's not completely out of my grasp, but it'd take some R&D.
Nice trips.

I'm not quite sure, people just need to pioneer and pop will go up on average. I think people see that it's empty and ditch because who wants to play on an empty station, and it stays that way.
I'm guilty as hell of it, so I can say that's why I'm not always on or ingame.

new round tbh

More like people're going in when there's nobody else on.
Which means they leave
Which means people're going in when nobody else is on
Which means they leave
And so on and so forth.

NEW ROUND JOIN UP

tbh this is why I bitched at sierra for some kinda cinema people could just you tube as they wait for more peeps tbh

wew lad

More ghost roles would be nice.

Do you mean ghost roles as in 'things for ghosts to do'? If so, I'd appreciate some ideas.

Add in Jukeboxes, bonus points if you can let people play their own songs from Youtube links or something of that nature.

asides from various pets that can't interact with anything meaningful nor actually hurt anyone I don't know

Not a terrible idea.
I do prefer the Jukeboxes idea, though.

Let us be able to posess shit. Take over little things, like mice, dogs, and so on.
Don't give us the capacity to talk, but let us run around, and bark or whatever.

Maybe turn into an animal, like a mouse or a dolphin. Maybe put some cryopods in an isolated location. Maybe have a tournament, or games.

Ten players, boys, come in and join up!

Ghosts in events, like boarding parties and alien invaders.

Low pop ayy is pain

There was no other possibility. This was the only way it could've ended.

Detective here. I had to run and I got home just in time to see them drop me back on the station. I was cuffed and in the middle of a spider nest and had a healing virus. It was like hell.

Thanks for saving me though. I Can't believe I survived.

ayys just want your anus, not actually kill you

Had I seen that, I would've been mighty mad.

tbh I didn't even need to do that

Every time I've been ayynapped, they kill me

o.k new low pop antag idea

abit shitty tbh

By who, the aliens or the players?
The players is understandable since some organs make you start coughing up plasma or spiderlings, but if the aliens did is VERY fucking bad.

Ayliums
To be fair, haven't been ayynapped yet on this server.

That is disgusting.

tbh it's the better thing to do since then there's then there's no witnesses and there's one less person to get in your way

See? This is the logic those dirty ayys use. And so they shank you while you're down, every time.

well it's just one of those things where powergaymers want to win instead of role play tbh, if ayys had almost cm rules of where "you're not supposed to know about the ayys till you see it in action" things would be much better

Play-to-win is stupid. The game is easy as hell to play and win. People need to play for fun, not to win.

/tg/ just bans ayys that kill people because they're not supposed to be actual antags.

if more people agreed with you then the state of every other server wouldn't be as grim as it is

even though they're a game mode and there is points where you need to go full kill modo as ayy

First time ayyin, forgot to uncuff peeps, my bad.

Scrub tier. If I were you, they'd be in a welded locked locker buckled to a chair in a straight jacket with legcuffs and handcuffs, not to mention a muzzle and a blindfold, as well as having been forcibly dragged over a bear trap.

I had an idea.
What the if the Chaplain could summon a minor angelic entity if he wanted to?
I was thinking a Revenant-like thing that would be able to do things like blessing water tanks, hearing people, but can't pass through walls or people unlike actual revenants. When casting a spell, it would look like a white human with cut hair and those huge (already-sprited) angelic wings. No idea what the spells it could use would be, though.

I typed this a few seconds ago and I already don't like it, anyone has any ideas?

Cyberfurries

Do I have to google this to figure out what it is

At least your fellow ayys weren't immediately braindead like mine were. I mean, I wasn't entirely sure what to do as an ayy, but at least I tried to so something.

what would be the reason for it?

pls no it's shit

No, google is rather sadly devoid of good cyberfurries.
I am thinking of a setting essentially involving the worst degenerates of the Earth who've found access to genetical and cybernetic modification, and are using such to make themselves their favorite sparkledog edgelord OCs.
Only, the moddifications've made them go mad, if they weren't already before anyway. Now they're bent on converting everyone into cyberfurs.

In terms of gameplay, essentially it'd be a more aggressive but no murder sort of abduct-and-change type deal. Difference being, instead of having the goal of experimentation, your goal is to convert the crew into fellow cyberfurries.
Converted crew are not actually soldiers of yours, though. They are, however, passive through what is essentially a NT loyalty implant for cyberfurs.

Basically, you've got a group of heavily-armed nutters who want to kidnap you and make you into a degenerate multicolored furfag brainwashed into believing that's a good thing.

I really want this mode, but at the same time, I don't know how to make it not shit.

I'm not sure what you're asking. The Chaplain(and by extension his little guardian angel) create their own goals.

Oh, you just wanted to compare my idea to your idea to make mine seem better?
Thanks.

What's your idea? I've not heard of any other.

That honked me to the soul, well done.

C'mon mate, you were replying to my post( )

Maybe if it wasn't player controlled, otherwise it would end up as powergamey as communing with ghosts always is.

Oh. Alright. I wasn't really comparing ideas.
Were you meaning to ask for more ideas on your idea? Modifications of the chaplin summon? I thought it was just ideas in general.

Is bombing the engineering section considered banter or would a hypothetical shitposter be banned? Asking for a friend.

Well the whole point was to get more player respawns since people were asking.
What the fuck would it be, then? Some sort of automated guardian spirit that heals the chaplain when he goes down?

Do it once, and you won't get banned.
Do it twice, you'll get some annoyed looks.
Do it thrice, you might get warned.

Sure, I get that, maybe if something like the cloning amnesia meme was forced on them.

Also I was thinking it would basically operate like a miner's pokemans.

>Need to do it three to get a ban warning
Is this server the shitter server?

Well, of course. I'm not sure why you assumed otherwise

it sounds like old rouge borg modo tbh

the Chaplin's job is basically to roleplay and to remove cults/Revenants which never really happens tbh. I agree he needs more shit to do this with as if he doesn't die instantly then it's usually the whole cult'd station vs him but giving him what amounts to a holoparasite I don't think is enough over all, I think he needs to be able to produce some minor protections for people like little charms that protect against certain spells so long as the people wearing them are of the faith, kinda like a mini cult

this but depending tbh, generally I'm less harsh on regs but any fucking pubbie is free gayme

Come on, we're talking about one of the most autistic bunch of people, and they're always looking for some edge to secure dem valids.

Pubies deserve to be beaten.

What's this about an old borg rouge mode? Sounds like fun. Were they to convert others into borgs?

I don't even know much about it tbh, just that it was removed with old borgs sprites

I think it is, we always have to remember the chaplain's main job will always be "to cause adminbus".

Its still here mate, just be an Malf AI and plop down a cyborg converter.
Besides we have enough conversion gamemodes.

tbh that's just a band aid for the problem of the job

that line of thinking is silly, sure new and original gayme modes are great but actually getting something new what so ever should be the goal since we're still lacking in pretty much everything despite having some basics

Unironically can we work on the framerates and functionality THEN stuff the memes in? Compared to veegee code controls and the game itself is clunky.
I'd like to see more for spess exploration with our own stuff instead of /vg/ as far as actually adding shit.

need more coders tbh

You nigs should make an issue on the GitHub about features you want added, else they'll get forgotten about over time.

I would rather not!

No, fuck github, I hate that trash.

I don't know the github

I keep track of things with various lists, but we need to a proper place to keep track of people who are working on the server though

you're not wrong but at the same time though we need bloody something to make us stand out from any other server because right now we only have a old code base with niggered features and some changes, nothing truly special

Dude.

Well I don't own the fucking github.
Just complain over the thread like everyone else.
Also, important note, no meme code. Thanks.

opps, I knew something was weird about it, fixed

> github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/pull/2

Oh yes.
Consider this a warning, if you abuse the removal of the bombcap, we can easily add it back in.
So please don't bomb the station every round with a maxcap, thanks.

It is the worst of times, as it is dead times.
Wait 5 hours or so my friend.

Stay on it. Loiter if you have to. Eventually pubbies join in, and you boost the pop bit by bit.

But, yeah, you picked the worst time.

I plan on getting on here in a moment, don't lose hope for livepop!

Wew

OOC: SierraChan: lol Roleplay suck my weenie
by the way i won't tolerate this kind of disrespect from a britbong thanks

The point of removing the bomb cap is to increase the amount of fun you can have.

If Space Station 13 isn't orderly and quite at the start then chaotic and retarded as fuck at the end then you failed as a moderator for that round.

general consensus is that people should still pretend to do their jobs and not shit up the place until the chaos commences. One of the reasons Goonstation sucked was because people immediately went 1 to 100 without moderator input.

So as an admin or mod, your job is like having good sex.

you have to gently stroke the situation, slowly build up the players, and then BAM, giant fucking crazy shit at the end.

If things are too quiet, use your moderator and admin powers to spice up a round. Cause an explosion in a vacant area to give the engineers something to do, release the ayys, have a vine infestation, go halloween, go nuts if the round requires it. To moderate is dual purposed in this game.

You must keep a balance of chaos and order. That's what makes this game fun.

Also personal request, if you see an ERP duo in the apartments, please for the love of god center an explosion effect on their area with a power of 50X50 squares.

:^)

no, you have to have it available to attract the flies.

Also for the record I already did that in the furry vore server with a grenade and three gas tanks.

They forgot to remove the bomb cap. Also they had like 10 gas tanks readily available in the open.

Also, once I made grenades and set them with proximity sensors and hid them under the bedsheets in every apartment in another furry server and got banned from there too.

And you madmen don't have the atmos bug fix. I want to see if I can make a single station "cleaner" bomb.

Meant they didn't HAVE a bomb cap, woops

tfw you loss all your lims to a shitposter

I think, i saved pastebin links with anonymous ckeys code.

SS13 is and always has been a roleplaying game and staff are intended to be GM's when the game itself fails to deliver.
There's still a difference between "introduce a moderate threat or neat enemy" and "drop meteors on party(station)", and that's the main distinction between abuse and fun.

In other news, I'm finally happy with mouse-mode. Whenever it goes live, you will be able to possess mice by clicking on them.
Additional mice colors/aesthetic welcome, the code to add in more sprites for random spawn is super easy. Right now there's white, gray, and brown.
Please note that when you possess a mouse, you get a completely random palette, regardless of whatever it was before.

new round

server died
no idea how

It un-deaded.

where i can get sprites for this game?

please gib

any code base tbh

I hear a lot of people asking for this and that from different servers. What are like the pros and cons of different servers?
Like everyone hates vorestation because of, well the vore, but they really like the different levels to the station with the elevators and stairs

I played on vore for a laugh and none were really had because it's a full on RP serb where everyone fucks off to not do their job and text fuck each other in the bar

btw if you ever see Tristain01 playing, he's some CM pubbie who needs to always be bullied

new round

INSTANTLY dropped. Didn't even need to ask if the eternal metaclub was still running it. At least I didn't have to waste time being lied to, log in, play a couple cancerous rounds and gather evidence that the metaclub was up to their same antics again, so thanks for that transparency.

new round tbh

He only pays for the server. Another guy is running it, and things have been going smooth so far.

Every station has a different little this-and-that what is cool. I like /vg/ I think it is's Vox, for instance.
Our ideal codebase is one niggered from everyone else's shit.

how long has it been running?

around over a month now

Has it really been that long already? Not bad, I guess. Most our servers rarely last that.

sierras lasted for four months and the first serb was longer

If it lasts another two weeks or hits a peak of 20+players, i'll probably start mapping for it.

it'd last for as long as I'm willing to pay for it and that's till I die tbh

NEW ROUNDO

Today was a good day.

Do you ever read code and find fun stuff?
> github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/pull/1/commits/aef14b3d7f7741dde4a6b8c5474030bfa1b14587
> github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/pull/1/commits/06a0f3c69237464cbfb7a58c9d5eead431032732

S-C-R-U-B-T-I-E-R

Bluespace jelly is something most folk end up looking over, due to its by large uselessness. Kind of a neat little knick knack, that I've always wanted to try in a syringe gun, but by the by, it just doesn't have enough practical means to be used sadly. Less than a bluespace crystal, even.

There, but you might look into them and modify shit if needed:
who.dm : pastebin.com/pZ2amVPi
ooc.dm : pastebin.com/vJsJjMev
client procs.dm : pastebin.com/yVki2yWF
client defines.dm : pastebin.com/MB1ap2h6

no, it's not mine
jesus christ that fucking dnsbls_bypass captcha don't let me post

it's also used to make the portal gun

you're the best, thank you very much

new round going up

Holla Forums is always right. Fucking jews.

bruty good tbh

Not entirely unexpected.

Fastforward six latejoins later…

I was the clown. It was the scientist who killed me, not the beepsky

The beepsky forced you away from the weapons.

that was robust as fuck what he did

No, the fire locks did. I did not think to bring a crowbar

serbs going down for compile and restert

Give me 10 minutes.

Day of the Mouse

serber is ded, panic

Scientist here. Clown tried to esword me on sci so i ran away from the same hole he made with the emagged airlocks, went to tool storage and hatched the standard greyshirt strat. 2 stunprods, 2 c.cuffs.

Found clown on brig, he got his ass memed by the AI bolting the entire area down and it started to syphon air. He broke out by breaking windows but shock his hands on some grilles. On the brig hallway, i trew one of my prods as bait, he went to pick it up, turned on the second and trew it at his face, stunning him. Grabbed the other one and stunned him again, cuffed, brought to robotics and debrained him.

He had an emag, an esword, an EMP pack and a stick of c4. Kinda weak tbh, could have killed AI without using TC myself but was too busy with R&D to give a fuck, besides AI was a bro despite robocop lawset. I eventually died by vaping some CHFL·3 because fuck the police.

he also had a emp implant

EMP pack is 3-4 EMP grenades, an EMP flashlight (EMPs things it hits) and the EMP implant. It's cheap considering it's only like 6TC and has so many utilities like draining an APC in seconds with the rechargeable flashlight or fucking up silicons for days with nades.

I liked his plan but he didn't perform well with it tbh

Server is coming back up.
Thanks codekikes.

WE LIVE

I really wish we didn't.

Better not get your hopes up then.

this is now mice station 13

This is a fantastic time to remind all of the coders to test your code before you release it.
Infact, I am so kind that I will now develop a spread sheet regarding on how to test the code. Thanks. Server coming back up in a moment.

I told you to test it nigger as well

You forgot to spoiler that shit niggger.

I tested the code, but I never up and had a 2-client test.
I've also figured out how to call the delay var reliably, it'll be a meme for now but you can bring that in whenever too.

Well don't worry about it, it was only a minor problem.
If it was something that revealed people's IP, then there would be a problem.

Damn, that's a really high standard. I'll try to improve the scale of my fuck-ups to match your expectations.

I don't really care aslong as it doesn't kill the server or reveal personal information.
Of course, if you were an admin, you'd see everyones IP :^)

yeah tbh we're not going to fucking lynch you over it like people do with koriath

greatest mime round, until the captain killed me for slaughtering the changeling, saved the ling and then vented my corpse.

So, I have this idea for a gun

oh and

A slime gun would be fucking amazing.
Load it up with all sorts of random shit to have anything from beneficial to deadly dealings.

I can ask the codekikes you want to see it implemented.
I'm trying to think up more things we can do for R&D to make it more vital instead of "yeah i'll do it when i have the time"

EVERYONE HATES IT
WHY

Because, I want to see all of you suffer even more.
t. 8chanserverhost
In all seriousness, If you have any idea of how we should revamp R&D so its actually (((fun))), please inform me.

Making it more useful won't make everyone not hate it.
It's already useful as fuck, it's just that the usefulness is largely limited to helping other people.
We just hate it because it's also fucking boring.

Best way I can think of is having a separate console for the DA.
Really, though, the worst part is all the goddamn steps for it. And in all honesty, at the end, there's not much for you to gain. Beyond building all the station's vital machines at max tier.

Basically, the problems are, there's a long and boring process behind something without much in the way of dramatic boons for one's self, especially in the department of ease-of-use. Where genetics gets xray, and viro gets fastness, RnD's upgrades only really help others, outside of raw weaponry.

Something I could see benefiting RnD more would be things like a swiss army knife, what has all tools in one, perhaps minus welder and multitool. Or even better, a handheld DA.
Stuff that improves job quality is top tier you ask me. Stuff what makes everything not a fucking drag to do, basically. Another idea I've had is a really expensive machine that can essentially produce high-quality materials like diamonds and shit at an extreme power consumption. Would also run the benefit of requiring engineering to do more than just set up solars, not to mention giving actual reasons to upgrade the SMESs.

good idea my fellow autist

Also, you could make it so the DA has a button on the machine itself, which you can click to deconstruct without accessing the monitor, if you legitimately just want to get through the sludge quickly.

Of the ideas I've listed there, handheld DA is probably my favorite. Would also run the benefit of not really requiring a second console for the DA. Either make it wirelessly connect to the research server, or have it simply be inserted into the console and scanned.
Just make sure to make it fairly cheap. Nobody mines, and obviously by the time Science decides to mine itself, they're going to like be max research tier.

Incidentally, anyone have any research guide better than pastebin.com/BPA6Wd6F ?
It works fairly solid, but damn if I am not sometimes feeling like I am missing some things. Plus, some of the stuff is a pain to get, like the stun bat. I usually just murder the showroom bot for it, or just skip it entirely in favour of Durand boards much later.
Also, the wrench doesn't actually work for MoMMIs, as we can't pick up individual tools.

That'd also work, instead of separate console.

You also need to consider that the power for materials idea would work if it was a lowpop round, because the instant you construct that machine it would completely make the shaft miner useless.

Power demands and time mean that it isn't really.
Most the time, miners produce resources to the degree that they only really need dig once to get everything Science needs.

The machine would produce small quantities of resources for intense power demands, while also taking a fairly long time to do so. As in, only one plasma for a few minutes and a lot of power.

Stolen weapon #1: (((THE BLINDER)))
Now you, too, can make sunglasses an absolute necessity!
With that it's two down (counting the gunsmithing framework) and nine to go!
Coming """soon""", when I get at least most of the rest done.

good work

it would be fine if the conversion rates were very slow for the materializes generated and the rarer the material the slower it takes also you can have it so that it needs to first scan a material before being able to reproduce it

which would basically make it into a supplement rather then replied upon

You know, I wouldn't mind having Goonstation's Guardbuddies, specially if I got their functions like guarding people ported over in a computer terminal that isn't obtuse.

aren't they just like borgs though?

Guardbuddies are more like a securitron/beepsky than a actual cyborg.

Also that image is messed with, the quality is fucking horrible.

tbh we need more bots in general as well as more augs, cyborgs and mechs

REMINDER

>You will never get anal vored by a xeno boi

Baystation has the science one with a portable Destructive Analyzer and other stuff, if that is interesting.
Goonstation has the fire extinguisher bot too, but it could just be merged with the default floorbot to make it seem a bit more useful.

see my issue with bots is that they're very limited but not by design but by that shit waypoint system, if bots could be more programmable as it were, that'd help massively

How does it work anyways?

these tracker beacons determine where the bots patrol

What, REALLY?
Aren't they following machines which are placed under tiles?

it's abit more iffy then that but yes they patrol to them and use some basic pathing to get around things

wait no I'm retarded, there's a set path they follow and that's it

there's points on the level to which they go to and those points are just turfs with certain variables which say "go to here 1st"

Well I could swear to god there were little machines in the ground which defined where they could go.
Then again that was back in /vg/ and maybe nobody ported it over.

nope it's just points

and you were right

The beacons along with their controls.

tbh

it's shit.

tbh

Can someone finally tell me about this gayim
I've tried to get into it once but either i just fuck around unknowing and leave after 10 mins or nothing is happening at all.
Why should/shouldn't i play this

it's only real video game where you can have the best kinda role play experience possible and have it be as involved as you like, it's the most fun you can ever have so long as you get over the initial hurdle which isn't much of a hurdle but a lack of explanation but you'll find that everything is more or less intuitive as fuck

Have you guys actually used this code for Anonymous OOCposting?
I'm actually the guy that wrote it (assuming it's my code there since I also split it into 4 parts for each file) and that version was for a specific codebase but I do remenber a different codebase had a different way to check for admin permissions and required a different code. Tell me how this one is working.

Also for the love of Nar-Sie, don't fucking make it optional like Sierra wanted, that would just make the whole thing pointless.
Admins will always see CKeys if they want since you can't really moderate otherwise but I did made it so they don't see CKeys by default except from other Admins in Adminwho only, so they'd essentially get the same experience everyone gets while playing the game.
It's the one thing Holla Forums has different from other places, anonimity, and it should definitely be a part of this server.

Although, it does seem like it's implemented considering the lack of drama in this thread. I hope you guys are doing alright.

it's not implemented yet sadly, once the coder is done with what he's doing I'll get him to do this next but I did want to ask, this code was for /vg/ right, could you have a look through it and see if it'd work for our code base please? it'd save some time

Quick check and… It doesn't work. VG has a function to check if someone is an admin and how much of an admin he is (yes, that's a thing) called check_priviledge() check_rights()
Meanwhile, TG has a flag called R_ADMIN that they use instead.

The difference isn't much, I think I even started with VG code and then quickly ported the solution to TG afterwards anyway.
It's literally adding a new variable to the client that's just a string with "user#" plus a random number (so you could actually get people with the same number, just like everything else in the game following the same notation :^)
Then calling that variable instead of their CKey for Who, OOC and Adminwho. Notable exception for Admins using Adminwho so they can know who in the circlejerk adminbus is online.

If your coder has no time, I'll see what I can do about it eventually.

I would appreciate it very much if you would, thank you

Actually, it hasn't been implemented yet. It's next on my list after niggering /vg/ weapons, and if you can tailor it to 8/tg/, I'd appreciate it greatly. Mainly, it's how admin status is handled and the different procs and shit I need to go through and fix/replicate.
Otherwise, it'll get done within the next week or so.

You get to go to space. It's the most comprehensive simulation of what would happen if you let any retard who wanted to go to space, complete with:
You're afloat with a ton of other people who are all uninformed, to one degree or another. You've got to band together in your retardation to crush bad actors like Traitors, space-cultists, space-revolutionaries, Xenomorphs like space-blobs, literal xenomorphs from Alien and beings made of literal shadow, or even just each other's idiocy.
You can mine asteroid full of deadly beasts, make tools from portal guns to android implants, and create super-viruses to let people breath space or turn people into niggers.
The fun of the game is learning what you're doing, the roleplay involved in that, and then you need to unlearn everything you learned for the roleplay in that.
Once you've mastered as much of the infinite well that is SS13, you can finally enter the final form: making everyone else's shifts as interesting as yours were.
Be a space Mexican who's obsessed with Chile Peppers!
Pretend to be afraid of the light and hide in maint!
Spend your entire shift chaperoning someone who clearly doesn't want your help!
When you finally find your wings, use that newfound free brainpower to fly with them.
Admins are basically GMs/DMs, so if you really want to do something questionable but fun, pray or ahelp to them and ask. Hell, if it's neat enough, they might even help you along the way.

The colors I used are kinda muddy, but it's passable.

see you based it on the in game model while I based it off of this, yours does look better tbh

Didn't know there was another reference to use. I just figured you were using "creative liberties".

well I googled imagined it out of instinct and saw this imagine and liked it a hell of alot more then that other picture and since this has an ammo indicator of sorts figured it was well over all

For those that don't know what constructed weapons are.
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/8010
I'm going to dream of Guardbuddy bees now, bye. Like hell it will get ported ever who am I kidding

this thing

I wouldn't worry too much about it, the max explosion size you can get as a regular player from a tank transfer valve is 11,23,47.
The gun only sounds useful for taking out assholes who think their durands make them invincible.

new round lets go

github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/pull/24
Here it goes, something quick I've done.
It's untested, I'll get to it once I'm off the clock but you can try it for yourself already.

It should replace every single instance of a CKey in Who, Adminwho and OOC with user#3453, just like Slimes and Golems.
Admins see the same thing too for the most part, but clients still have the CKey var you can inspect and there's always stuff like the Player Panel, meaning your moderation abilities are not compromised.

good shit, thanks man

It only fires in one straight line. ONE.
it would be better to just use a bomb.

Requiring the material in the first place means I might as well just mine as science and be done with it.

I would absolutely adore a player-controlled beepsky. It sounds like fun. No worrying about power, just run around and arrest people with "WANTED" on them.

I'd prefer you guys avoid it or make it optional, as otherwise, we have no means by which to find and bully pubbies.

TG tried that already.
Cue 20 people mass suiciding each other at round start and then 30 minutes of beepskies chasing the rest of the crew into space.

It's actually very balanced if you add in a check: beepsky can only attack someone with the wanted tag or carrying a weapon without a loyalty implant.
Otherwise, when you click someone you just yell an insult.

If you can't tell pubbies apart from in-game, then you need to play a few more months.
bullying them in OOC is child's play.
The real fun is trapping them in a coffin with an oxygen mask and launching them into space sealed in there.

there's materiel around the station which you can nigger and what I was thinking of you'd only need 1 of each to scan

you only really know who a pubbie is if they're trash player

Sounds like fun. I always love me some more options for dead crew, anyways.
The idea of being a beepsky, though, unable to do anything more than slap cuffs and stun, just sounds relaxing.

Make sure the beepsky is able to shout what it is arresting for and such on sec radio. Beepskies already do that, so I'd guess it shouldn't be too much work.

The carrying a weapon without a loyalty implant kind is kinda bad because people can just backpack their weapons when they're about to be stunned.
How about beepsky seeing a symbol that lasts for 1 minute after seeing someone with a weapon?

Also remember to allow self-defense

I'm mainly sugesting things I know are in Beepskies code already and can be simply reporpused to save time on the coder.
The symbol idea isn't there, but it's not that hard to make.
Self defense I know for a fact is there. Pretty sure everyone already tried to punch beepsky once and got insta-stunned as a result.

Chaplains should be able to hear the dead.

[Meta intensifies]

Ah hell I should probably give my shitposts more info.
By the way out of curiosity, do our Chaplains spawn with the Camara Obscura? Y'know, the one that can photograph ghosts?
Its secretly meta useful because if you screenshot someone suspicious and he has ghosts around him he's probably an antag.

You're a genius.

l-lewd!
Have you guys ported NurgleStation code, where trash and blood starts spawning flies, rats and bats that spread disease?
That was some pretty cool shit (after it was fixed) and it could tie in with this.

Let's say that rat-players can eat food much like Slimes eat monkeys, and when they have a certain amount inside of them, they can click on another mice and spawn more rodents. Maybe even have a verb to have some following them.
If these same mice could then spread disease, it would give mice a purpose and a goal, to haste the end of the round by spreading disease and plague all around while multiplying.
And if a player gets a large amount of mices to follow him, he becomes the Rat King

BTW, this should be the goal behind half of the attempts at bringing ghosts into the game: to hasten the destruction of the station in one way or another.
The other half could be the exact oposite and the choice is open for the ghost but either way the more people die, the higher the entropy in the station.

Scrub tier
That's the best part of early Hatestation MoMMIs. Not this rather limited trash-tier shit. Back then, we had pretty much full go, and so anyone playing a MoMMI was the kind of maximum autismal powerplayer who knows literally how to build every single system onboard the station from scratch
Good times. Those were days when Singulo on the asteroid were common. When we moved the entire station to the away mission.

"N3X15"
/kspg/

The fuck is this.
What does it mean.

A fag that worked on KerbalSpaceProgram, apparently.
Wrong thread though, friendo. Kerbal ain't got shit on SS13.

Chaplains are men of [space deity here], they're basically cooked up for the explicit purpose of knowing things they really probably shouldn't know.
At the same time, as clergy and non-security staff, they probably shouldn't run around beating or announcing antags unless the cult switch gets flipped. Kidnapping and rehabilitation seems more reasonable for the role.

Implemented and finally satisfactorily fixed.
I didn't make it a gas-tank sort of deal where you exchange nutriment for new mice, but I did implement baby-popping (next compile).
That's a really good idea though and I'm going to make that my next project since anonymous OOC is done, to give mice slightly more influence over the station if they stock up on nutriment.
I like the idea of Janitors being in total war with food-eating, trouble-making mice.
Air vent crawling/single blow already implemented. I don't know if I want them to be able to cut wires, but that would be an option for nutriment- max out your 'stored food' and you can suicide-mouse to cut a single wire.
Keep the cook busy and the janitor fuming.

A super-mouse/rat antag mode would be fun and a great future expansion to ghost mice.
Mostly I just focused on giving them a way to annoy the shit out of the crew, but that logic makes sense.
If I figure out how to disable mob pulling (which can significantly impact the station as-is), I'll consider giving them more shitposting powers.

N3X15 codes for SS13 a lot, notably /vg/station.

Of course they don't. This serb is full of millennials that don't know shit.

Nice optimistic twaddling right here m8
I really doubt this will happen. He'll just announce any antags the ghosts pass to him, specially if a pubbie gets it.

Shitposting as usual?

The game should never be designed around the lowest common denominator. That's the problem that most games have, and the one that SS13 has desperately avoided. This isn't TTT, it isn't even Mafia, it's a roleplaying game, even if absolutely none of us act like it. We're not really hunting for redtexts and greentexts unless it's blob or wizard, and by god if it takes ghosts to announce that there's a blob or a wizard on the station, they might just be necessary.
Clearly this is not in the best interest of FUN so it wouldn't be hard to start up a practice of gagging and restraining "insane Chaplains" for "medical examinations". Why would a station-goer believe some guy who says he talks to ghost and a deity all at once? Job bans exist for a reason, too. Why deny people who would use the feature properly and for FUN reasons when there are options to remove those who wouldn't? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Try and explain why that's relevant to this thread.
Unless he has code we can nig, why should anyone care about yet another e-celeb?

Agreed. Traitor roles are not and should have never been about getting a greentext. Traitors are meant to make the rounds interesting, not be boring stealth antags because they don't want to risk their greentext or boring killingspree jerks that don't make it interesting for anyone but them.

It was only when validhunting started that people gave up on being creative and fun as traitors since revealing any signs that you were a traitor was always met with "X IS TATOR!" on the radio and everyone rushed in for a free kill since everyone just wanted deathmatch anyway.

The most fun in SS13 ALWAYS comes from roleplaying, not even making sprites horizontal is as fun as the context behind that action.
It's the context and the roleplay, not the meta and the competition that matter.

As long as coders code for this, admins moderate for that and players play like that, it's always gonna be a fun server.
And everyone else can get the boot and go play on /tg/ or CM if they care so much about meta and greentext instead.

What? How?
Ghost features have been coded in and out because of the "lowest common denominator", I don't know what you're smoking. Even the admin stated that he'll put the bomb cap back if its abused too much.
If you can code something that can just allow admins to press 1 button and have the game go "everyone killed comes back to life, everything bombed goes back to the way it was roundstart, and you're banned", maybe we can start allowing people more abilities that can be abused.

That legitimately sounds like a argument for high Roleplaying servers only.
I don't know you but I think this isn't the rule set you're looking for. Even if I were inclined to roleplay with people, I'd loathe roleplaying that the chaplain can't be trusted because he's doing his fucking job. That would be the same as not trusting quartermasters because they're accepting crates that other people order.

Holy shit, what timeline are now?
I remember when playing High RP on Baystation WAS being a flamming homo.

never mind, this is clearly the lowRP experience. I should trust you on this one.

You're one ignorant motherfucker, you know that? You guys need a coder and when a coder drops their name in the hat you start crying about e-celebs.

Just in case you need a primer:
The chaplain is being a massive faggot and an admin should pump 500u of various chemicals with varedit on his ass. Then ban.
He's being an ass, but having fun. If your mother is the one sucking dicks, you might not be having as much as fun as he does.
He's acting in character and being a good player.

Neither of these 3 are High RP. You haven't played enough High RP to know what that word even means. I've seen High RP.
That's when the chaplain makes you pay a tithe to the church, an admin will send you on a quest into maintenance and you might, or might not need to sign a permit from the HoP to enter a room, accompanied by security so you can grab a fucking FLOWER and offer it to Space Jesus as a sign of trust.
THEN you get to ask your questions.
THAT is fucking High RP. It's fun if everyone is on the same page and wants pointless shit like this, but too often some players want things a little faster.

Low RP is when people know that a player has acess to otherwordly info and consult with him. He can give it, refuse to give it, or ask you for some favour in return. It's simple, and he's afforded a great deal of creativity to spice up the round.
That's what should motivate people to pick chaplain. Not to get easy acess to a force 15 weapon and spam smoke on the corridors.

You wrote 5 line and didn't even bother explaining who the guy is.
Try again.

This guy's got the right idea. Don't punish good players for shit players.
It's part of why I am against the restrictions MoMMIs suffer. It makes it a pain to do some things.

Bombcap is more to do with destroying the entire fucking game with one really good mix.
I don't think that applies to "lowest common denominator" in the same sense he's talking.

We're not a no-roleplay server, mate. "High roleplay" literally just means "pretentious faggots with a massive backstory that they dump on you with the slightest provocation".
We're what I like to call a medium RP server. "Light" tends to go full nonsensical metal 'just a game bro' trash.
Anyway, you don't trust the crazy guy that claims to speak with ghosts, is all. You don't accept that because he says X is a tator, it must be so. It's not exactly heavy roleplay.

It was already mentioned in the thread.
Try paying attention and/or reading.

And this is a mistake, predominantly made on shit servers with shit players that also aren't this one. Things should only ever really be changed based on whether or not something is fun.
I disagree with that, too, but do you know what isn't fun? Being blown to smithereens by a guy who has no reason to do so. It's just a matter of how often it happens and how much staff can control for it. You can't roleplay your way out of a bombing, but you can float the idea that maybe the Chaplain is off his meds on the radio.
In other words,

Nice.

Are you that same guy from the last thread, incidentally?
The one who was whining about crew manifests and /who being metagame?

Bonus round for metashitters incorporated like my good friend: What if the Chaplain is a traitor? He could be lying to you all and just claiming that the ghosts are telling him something. What if he hid a body, scrubbed prints, and the 'ghosts' told him where it was?
Even in the absence of roleplay, the Mafia-tier suspicion and paranoia should keep shitposters at bay.

You said:
But you failed to realize that "doing his fucking job" doesn't mean loudly announcing on the radio the name of the traitor the moment someone dies.

In years long past, AI players were advise to never yell "TATOR FAGGINSTON IN ENGINE".
They were given sugestions like: "Unknown individual in the engine area.", "Violence detected in the bar." or "Unknow entity in captain's anus".
You know why? Because it's F-U-N.
It's fun to have the crew panic with a statement that's clearly missing information. It's fun to hear them scream "WHO IS THAT?" and replying: "Identifying suspect……………".
Because the A.I. didn't played to win. The A.I. played to be an omniscient silicon that loathed meatbags.

There's 3 tiers of roleplaying:
I feel that in these threads, everyone wants the second kind, but whenever someone sugested something related to roleplay, you got half the thread raging against the third tier and the other half fearing this will turn into the first too.

Don't run out of arguments now.

Look mate, all I can see is that you said "X" on one part and now you're pretending that you said "Y" on that same part.
You said you shouldn't trust the chaplain if he starts talking about ghosts and gods, now you're saying I don't understand what you're saying(And then you give me the same note about Jehovah Witnesses saying people give them weird stares, which is back to your spirit in . Sadly I'll never, ever give the Chaplain a long stare because he said something about a god, ever).

Then it would be actually good because we're not PRETENDING not to know something(IE: Pretending that we don't know that the chaplain often prays to gods) but actually NOT KNOWING something(IE: Actual paranoia).
The difference is clear as day and night.

I really think what we're talking here goes a bit more than 'low RP', though.
If only because my experience with low RP has been shit like hippie, where it's barely veiled that it's all a game, people're routinely talking about the latest news in the US, and a general lack of care for the job as much as the tools/gear it provides.

Still not high RP, though. That's for pretentious twats who think anyone cares about their SS13 OC donut steel leet female superscientist captain who's parents died in a cruel experiment and its her fault but she's really a good person who has to fight the inner demons misunderstood loved by everyone.

Straight off cuckchan? We got ID's here faggot, you can see individuals anons you're talking to.

Right back at you, mate. Considering you're going full strawman tier.
Preaching your chaplin religion =/= shouting "JOE GRIFFON IS A TATOR" over the radio.

You realize thats fucking frustrating?

This codebase is fucking shit.
Couldn't manage to commit simple surgery on a body.
The map is called synchtube but its old metaclub.

You did this to yourself mate. Probably forgot to apply surgical drapes too.

it's optional in every codebase but yours.

How do I become a MoMMi?

As a late-join option or in the ghost menu

17 And a half hours that shit lasted. 17 And a half hours of agonizing research and autistic building. All because of the QM getting fed up with the HoS or Captain, I forget which. It went from a crew of I want to say 20 or so people down to a crew of 3 and then back up it lasted so long. That was a good fucking shift. Too bad I fucked up the secondary airlock I added in the bar after designating the area on the MoMMI blueprints so that the airlock ended up permanently unpowered. If only we could have shifts that last that long but stay populated throughout.

Also this mouse possession as a ghost thing is some primo shit. Especially with this real time ventcrawling and the mouse sneaking abilities.

What's a good server to play on whenever CPstation is dead? No Man's Land is fun and all but I'm looking for a regular round of SS13.

The code is nicked straight out of /vg/, how can it be optional "in every codebase but yours"? At least in /vg/ it wouldn't be.

You also should refrain from sounding so accusatory when talking about basic shit like this, you just make yourself look like a retard. Drapes ARE mandatory in every single codebase because that's how you signal the game that a surgery is starting. There are a few other objects that can do it as well like bed sheets but you must use them on someone standing on a table to start a surgery, otherwise using tools on them does nothing.

If you're dead, there's a button somewhere on the Ghost tab to become a MoMMI with some restrictions as to where you can go.
It's also a "job" you can pick on character preferences and you can also ask a Roboticist to help you. They can build a body, chop off your brain and strap you inside.
Remenber that MoMMI's always have to steal the coolest hat around and hoard shoes in maintenace, that's your prime directive.

We should consider allowing respawn for people dead over 15 minutes or more maybe, so rounds can last for longer without keeping dead people waiting for too long.

/tg/*
Also see github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/issues/ for ideafag lounge., nobody has any good ideas

I remember that round. The fucking clown kept abducting me via intellicard.

4/v/ linked to our server on boards.4chan.org/v/thread/384249364#p384275223
Do sound the floodgates.

Shhhh

Ok enough of this shit we need to turn off late join power jobs right fucking now I'm tired of watching pubbies join in as captain half way through the round just to shit up everyones fun

Thanks for reminding me why I left cuckchan

bully them until they either meltdown or leave

If someone late joins as cap and wants to fuck around then they are a false god. Lynch them, take their limbs or force them to be the mime/janitor/butt-slut etc…

You cant bully every autist every round

its kind of hard to do that when they have a fucking armory in they're backpack

What about that one?

Well, at least one person isn't putting up with their shit. But I'm pretty sure he's one of those guys who would rather just seal themselves off in /trash/ than actually move on to somewhere that shittery like that isn't celebrated and expected.

Isn't the thread archived, though? It was the very last reply too.
Anyway, it's likely just some of the regular autists that is insta-banned whenever they join because they can't play at all without breaking every goddamn rule including common sense ones.
They like to post the link to Reddit or cuckchan and other places to get "the wrong crowd" to join in and start shit for them, since they can't do it anymore after being banned.

All it does is give us a few decent players and a lot of stupid faggots that can't do anything threatning at all except kills us with laughter at how dumb they are.

Any admin only should seriously consider injecting a few units of Mercury on them or give out some fun diseases like Pierrot's Throat to anyone being incredibly retarded\shitty.

This is a good point, the ability of the playerbase to enforce stuff is compromised when someone has legal all-access and pretty good weapons. Fighting against it needs legendary skills, some luck or borderline-griefing tactics.

At this point, it's up to the admins to hand out jobbans for people that clearly pick the role for the gun, not the responsability.

Oh yes! Let's focus on the best part of SS13, the combat. Because spending an afternoon clicking on pixels to make a little icon rotate 90º is high class entertainment.

How's that different from spending an afternoon clicking on pixels to make a little icon rotate 90º on a normal SS13 server?

If that's how you play SS13, it's no different at all, which is why focusing solely on combat is seeing as retarded. There's so many other things in the game to do that caring only about the guns and killing people sounds stupid in comparison.
Or, you know, actually interacting with other people and have fun roleplaying? I can honestly say I have more fun roleplaying a nurse, a mad roboticist, a simple librarian or an alcoholic medic than any firefight I ever had.

Some players added a book to the Database that was Maid RPG and they spent a few rounds playing that IC. There's very little things in the game that can entertain people more than those moments and combat surely ain't one of them.

BTW, here's what the Anonymous Code looks like.
I've finnaly tested it, it works like a charm, can't wait for people to try it.

On the left is what an Admin sees, on the left what a player sees. (I'm not an Admin on the server, this was a local game for testing purposes :^)

Admins can still identify players by key if they really want (otherwise moderation would be impossible) but normally they are on the same grounds as everyone else.
Hope you guys appreciate this and take the anonymous culture into the server. It's an unique feature that I don't think any other server ever used. Hopefully it will attract everyone that is tired of metafaggotry and drama, while also cutting all of that.

My only issue is the inability to bully pubbies.

when you say pubbies, what you mean is "non-regulars". Thinking like that, you are taking the first step into establishing a meta clique. Don't fucking do it.

Pubbies should be identified by their ridiculous behaviour and regulars too. People should be bullied for being retarded, not just for being new.

GEE I WONDER WHO'S BEHIND THIS

tbh the problem is most pubbies are completely unrobust fucksticks who join in as late game power jobs like Captain HoP or HoS, once the late join shit gets fixed that will solve half of it but still having autists who go antag and just fail horribly is the worst

No, what I mean by that is "People not from Holla Forums", you jew-looking faggot.

I do understand the rest of your thinking, though. People in general should be bullied.

nice job, do you know any of the other old code fags details by chance? I've been trying to get in contact with them but I've not had any luck so far

How's pop at the moment? I'm going to have time for a round soon. Seems like I always have to work through prime-time.

The fuck.

eight people on

8 players currently.

I legitimately have an undying hatred for pubbies. They all do the exact same things, they latejoin as a head or an AI It has gotten so bad that we had to remove AI from the latejoining menu. and do nothing but shitpost the entire round.
Shitter pubbies deserve to be beaten for their crimes, but some pubbies who don't do these problems are a-okay, and I barely notice them as pubbies.
Once we get a steady population, We're going back to private.

Why would you pretend to be someone else and then discredit yourself like that? :^)

Just make an SS uniform for Security and have their armbands have swastikas colored for the department.
That will keep them away.

Get Riot. It's an alternative to Discord by linuxtards that respects your FREEDOM and PRIVACY. I hear from Koriath that they are all there in a channel, shitposting all day long with a few other weird fags. Doubt they'd want to contribute, too burned out now.
But maybe if the server picks up they'd join up.

Sounds like some people need jobbans then. There was also an option to remove head positions from newly connected accounts, that could solve some of those problems.

Another option would be people actually picking those roles, instead of having a medbay with 5 Doctors and no CMO…
I had an idea to fix that but it'd require a monetary system akin to Miners Ore Redemption Machine for everyone since it'd revolve around Heads having a budget for their department they alone can manage and use with Cargo.

does it work on windows?

It does. Koriath shittalks with them ocasionally and he still hasn't succumbed to the Linux meme (I have partially).
Shouldn't be that hard to find them.

can you spoon feed me harder on it please? google fails me

user
Anon I'm afraid those might not be pubbies

No, I know its the admins.
:^)

page 13 when?

Did you decide to list the server and I missed the post? I played a few rounds last night and none of them went over 10-15 minutes before erupting into massive faggotry.

it's listed but we only get one or two pubbies and they're either hippie trash or cm trash, like I've seen one decent pubbie and that's it but I don't even think they're a pubbie tbh

Who?

the name escapes me but I think he made a issue on the github

I swear to god if its DoctorMad

nah he's not tbh

I'm starting to like this

I'm not. What IS this?

singlo hammer

Let me guess its going to be equivalent to /tg/'s Supermatter Blade.

it's prob not going to be anything tbh but I just hope that I don't only produce shit

we do have the supermatter shard blade, it's silly as fuck

/NEW/