Holla Forums Doom game night

If anyone wants to play some old-school Doom, the server name is "Holla Forumsideo games deathmatch"

It's probably the easiest game to get up and running, I made this zip with all the stuff you need.

mega.nz/#!t5lxACBR!vMLnaznRawxKVfJWykqV-xDJbdkEX3otqFuy6eO8bJM

Just unzip it, run the doomseeker.exe binary in the doomseeker folder, and type the server name in the search bar.

Joining the server should download all the required wads.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!docTwCLC!WdEwViHVNf0GkG-hmVfnPZ2abOCkEY9AvvfYSWwulTk
zandronum.com/downloads/zandronum2.1.2-win32-installer.exe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

v-video games?

I unfortunately probably won't be able to play tonight but:
has this been suggested for one of those Holla Forums weekend game nights? I'm looking forward to Ace of Spades but Doom multiplayer seems like a no-brainer as far as being easy to get for your average user

I'll try to get on. It's taking some time to download the wads but I'll still try when it's done/

I get this when I try to join

Script error, "skulltag_content-3.0-beta01.pk3:actors/skulltagrunes.txt" line 71:
Invalid rune type 'DoubleDamage' in 'StrengthRune'

I think it's a problem with the zandronum 3 alpha

gonna try switching the server to zandronum 2.1.2

switched to 2.1.2 people seem to be having more success

It has indeed user, though one of the hostfags for those nights knows more than I do.

b-but it's a weeknight.

If you're here you ain't got a life anyways, get playing vidya games or be a gay busta.

Fucking finally, gonna join in, bump.

Anyone knows how to properly configure a server for coop? Even if I set it to coop, there's still deathmatch weapons everywhere.

you need to load coop maps as well

sv_noweaponspawn 1 on server settings.
Doomseeker and Zandronum itself have dmflag generators if you need to get the dmflag number for that. In-game it would be options > gameplay options > Coop: Don't spawn multiplayer weapons in coop.

Coop maps that support deathmatch also spawn deathmatch weapons. This includes vanilla doom 2.

It works! Thanks for the help. I'm completely new to having a server so I didn't know about that.

Another question: How can I delete servers on TSPG?

On the irc channel, type .killmine or .kill (portnumber) i guess. Things haven't changed much since the bot and service were called Best-ever.

We were thinking of doing heretic deathmatch next time if that sounds interesting to anyone

Got an IWAD for lazy niggers?

For fucks sake, finally. Is it straight up deathmatch? Or can we get some mods going on?

Server is dead right now

Shit if I didn't have to get up early for a meeting tomorrow…you guys do this often?

I suggest joining right now

Asking whether they could do doom as a gamenight even soon, that is.

Has anyone been playing or am I getting the wrong server?

yeah I was gonna make a new zip file but I uploaded it here if you just want the wad

right now it's super skulltag deathmatch with udmx and dbab maps

I've kept it up for people from the vola for like two years, but it's usually dead so I figured I'd open it up here.

that's the right server I'll hop on right now

also the heretic server seems to be working if anyone wants to try that out

Neat, Im taking care of some things but wanna hop on in a bit

Whoever is running this: would you be interested in doing a weekend gamenight (for Doom or for some other classic FPS) at some point? There's a slot open in about two months.

Wow, what kinda of suit is Samus wearing?

linuxfag here, any settings I should change?

Install Gentoo

Any chance of playing Temple of the Lizardmen online?

OK
switching to software from opengl seemed to help for a bit.

I'm just doing it through a free hosting service but yeah sure I've got it all set up might as well

sorry, I had some trouble uploading the wad

server name is "Holla Forumsideo games temple of the lizardmen"

do you want to play coop or dm

Downloading the WADs now.

If I want to play on this heretic thingy, do I have to manually download something or does it download like the normal WADs?

download this iwad and put it in the folder with the zandronum executable

T-thanks
I can't play right now, stuck to a phone till August, I was just recommending a good .wad, I'm sorry user, thanks again

Had a lot of fun. I hope to see a gamenight for this some day.

Ok, I'll ask again in a few months then.

This is not cuckchan.

zandronum.com/downloads/zandronum2.1.2-win32-installer.exe

you can download it from the official site, but it won't have the iwad, you'll have to get doom2.wad yourself

bump