Post a worse remake than this pile of shit

Post a worse remake than this pile of shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JvosJsZOqFo&t=1h7m50s
youtu.be/AwVhHWnKAmE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Silent Hill HD.

Other than being annoying to control on the DS' Dpad, I don't see the issue? Heres an actually objectively worse remake

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT BUMBLEBEE SHIT

The only thing I remember them really fucking up with that one was limiting the number of enemies in battle to 3.

Bosses could attack two times in a row which completely broke the bossfights and made the game a horrible grindfest.

Jesus.

what in the fuck is this

this looks worse than a fucking rpg maker default tileset what the fuck

Everything also had way more health for no reason.

Oh yeah, there was that too. Didn't the optional superboss they add have something like three or four attacks per turn, too? I never actually got to fight it because I had no friends who owned the game.

The character sprites actually look kind of nice, but wow every single aspect of that looks like it doesn't fit with any other part of it. Especially the low quality 3D buildings.

Half assed port, technically. As far as i know those didn't add any new features, additional content or anything like that

How can you fuck up this badly?

But it let you play the game as Wario, that's a pretty big positive.

What was wrong with this one again? I remember appreciating that the odd ball classes like ranger and geomancer were useful, but there was probably something wrong with the difficulty curve.

They also replaced the OnionKid class with the gay freelancer and you could only get OnionKid at the end of the game if you sent somebody a message.

Mario 64 DS is actually great tho. The D-Pad works way better then you may first assume and the camera controls are far better. Plus the aesthetics are top notch.

This is not a remake though. Also the reviews on Google Play now suggest this is actually a good game, despite being without a doubt THE WORST THING EVER. I bet EA paid Chinese slaves fuckloads of Chinese shekels to upboat it all day long.

I was actually going to say it is not remake.
I will instead say that google play reviews is last place you should use for suggestions as gamer or human being.
And people who consider this as well designed really makes me wish I was the one milking them.

The audacity of this one makes my dick hard.

I'm more stunned by the audacity of re-releasing it everywhere. I'm half expecting it to come out for Commodore 64s now.

Half the reason these faggots can get away with this shit is because of the myth that Western Developers where at one time competent.

at least PC owners got if for free

I actually had a copy of that game before, how was it worse than the original?

they censored the indian elephant's voice because it was too ethnic

is just people sperging over the lack of analogue controls.

I actually completely forgot about this.

Ok I don't understand this one. Besides moon all of them looks alright.

Is this bait? it looks good

its not bait, you just have shit art sense

what's the issue with this exactly? everything looks much better, save for the moon I suppose

Nintendo is such a pussy, i didn't even know indian people existed when i meet taj, and he was such a charming part of the game with his silly music and "hello friend…" "selct your vehicel" and " bye bye for now"

What the fuck

Oh fuck I'd repressed this.

Other than being annoying to control on the DS' Dpad, I don't see the issue?
That is not a question. Is this a failure of the school system or are you just trying to express your faggoty upward voice inflection?

The observatory in the original had crazy atmosphere to it because of the lighting making everything multi-colored. Look at the stairs and telescope platform on the left and compare them to the remake that looks more mundane. They made texture improvements at the cost of the lights.

no u

The crystal in the first row looks a bit off in the remake, and the environment in the two pictured fights is way brighter, on top of the moon's expression being a bit off.

whats the deal here? did they go making old nintendo game remakes for PC or something?
that zelda title, holy shit, it was bad but I don't remember it being as bad as that…

Incredibly inoffensive for a remake, you just have autism.

The diversity of colors originally used look fucking stupid. Isn't the point of an observatory to be mundane so you can observe without visual distraction?

Sage

Thank you but I still don't think it is enough to guarantee being called shit.
That said pic.
ORAS lets remove all Sky tower bike puzzles and Battle Frontier. You know some of the best end-game areas in pokemon game.

added messy backgrounds that clash with foreground and dont make sense

why the fuck is there legos in an egyptian temple?
why are the underground sewers now a mineshaft with lamps?

Literally every iphone remake/port are the worst remakes on the planet. Pic related.

The only issue is the light, everything is brighter so the mood and atmosphere of the game is diminished.
I see upgrades in models and textures but regarding direction they went for a less subtle approach in favor of better texture and models.

More of a trade and not really a horrible downgrade from original.

You don't belong here

You also added to your image and didn't fix your original issues.

I'm not gonna deny that the old lighting made it look funky. But, to me, that gave the place a certain charm that just isn't there in the remake. I will admit that the observation dome around the telescope in the remake was improved greatly since the starfield backdrop didn't look right in the original.

theres noting to fix. you are retarded if you cant see a problem

one thing i long to see with remakes is for the developers to not make stylized changes to the graphics style for the remake, but to go back and make higher poly versions of all the assets from the original games and use all the textures from the original game but in their uncompressed versions. I'd love to see what the actual ocarina of time/majoras mask would have looked like if the developers of the originals hadn't been limited by the n64's hardware and cartridge size retraints rather than what some current year interpretation of what those games might look like now. If that makes any sense

This sounds more like an issue of you misinterpreting the original instead of the remake changing it.

I get what you're saying user, but I think it's safe to say by the time SM64DS, or OOT/MM3D came out, the original team, and the original concepts were long gone.

I'd say SM64 and OOT have it pretty light though, there's some minor aesthetic changes that, IMO, are a drastic improvement. MM on the other hand completely ruins the atmosphere and tone of the original by disneyifying everything to the point that it's a barely darker OOT.

tell me you're joking please for the love of God nobody is this retarded

Damn that's a good point.

TEST OF TIME AWARD

I don't know why they do that shit either.

The MMD community is worse.

Guess the series

Why the fuck are you posting Other Mediocrity as a remake?

The GAY community is worse.

Sonic. Guess what? Mania was originally going to be the mobile ports of 1, 2, and CD bundled together with a small original game, released on all platforms.

Sonic?

But user SM64DS is very faithful to Shigefumi Hino art style. Honestly I don't understand why people are upset. Same is true of the Crash Bandicoot reboot. Yet their are austist who are genuenly angry about the aesthetics despite looking very close to the traditional design and even debatable looking better (Physics, and control issues not withstanding). If anything is true, its that Nintendo has been religiously faithful to Mario's art direction until recently with Mario + Rabbids and the oddly realistic look of Odyssey.

Yeah, shame Iizuka in his infinite wisdom thought that fans would want a "new" game where over half the levels are reused. Still, the original game that they had planned probably wouldn't have had production values as good as the Mania that we're getting, so there's something to be thankful for.

I think you misread my post, I agree that SM64DS is a drastic aesthetic improvement, MM3D on the otherhand is not

Didn't the Sonic Mania guys port Sonic CD to DS for sega too? Wasn't Sonic Mania originally a really content heavy Sonic CD romhack?

I was just posting (you) in the replay because it was your comment that inspired my response to 285d17. Its more of a generalized statement not directed at you specifically. Granted the only versions of SM64 and SM64DS where on emulators with an Xbox controller.

The moon looks better tbh.

In 2010-2012, Christian "Taxman" Whitehead (arguably the main guy behind Sonic Mania) created a remake of Sonic CD based on code that he and Simon "Stealth" Thomley had developed over the course of several years for a Sonic fangame. He pitched this remake to SEGA, who proceeded to publish it officially for PS3, Xbox 360, PC, and mobile devices. Afterwards, using the engine that had been built for the Sonic CD remake, Taxman and Stealh collaborated to develop similar remakes of Sonic 1 and 2, which SEGA agreed to publish for mobile devices. They also created a proof-of-concept demo for a Sonic 3 and Knuckles port (see vid), but nothing's come of that yet. As for how Sonic Mania came to be, see , which was stated by Taxman on the Sonic Retro forums a few weeks ago.

That's a sequel.

As a person that bought the DS version because missed the original, let me try to sum it
>You have a shit popping balloons minigame instead of collecting coins per track Shit was really hard back then
Diddy Kong Racing on N64 was my favoite hame for a long time. I still play the N64 version from time to time. I wish emulating the N64 analog was easier, but I still have a functional N64.

So rather than just "Get in fanboy we're making Sonic great again!!" he actually built up trust with them with a low risk product (I made a port of your old game without dev costs, pay me something now or a portion of profit).

Neat.

MFW

Grand Theft Auto?

Those coin collecting mini-games were hell. I'd do them all over again happily.

what game is it?

The remake looks fantastic

What about god tier remakes?

I think they changed Cyan's sword tech so you issue other commands while it charged, making it slightly better (still shit)

I spent most of my time just changing vehicles to hear him say ABRAKADABRA.

Me and my friends thought it was hilarious.

Metroid Zero Mission, AM2R, and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.

They limit the number of enemies to 3 yet don't compensate by making them give more EXP. They still give the same EXP they did before. Oh but they do compensate by making the enemies stronger. Creating battles where you can by wiped by random encounters with your team putting up little resistance due to being under leveled. AOE spells are now pointless because you are now fighting 3 instead of swarms of 8 enemies. Due to lack of EXP pool, you're constantly under leveled for bosses who can easily wipe your team with their breath attacks. I think they also removed the ability to save inside dungeons for some reason. Can't remember if the original had that.

Then there were things like the job changing penalty mechanic which seemed really like a pointless way to hamper you for no reason. Or how the game discouraged you from changing to other jobs because the damage output would significantly be lowered when you change to a new job because the job level you had before significantly buffed your damage output. And if you want that level of damage again, you're going to have to level that job significantly which takes absurdly long to do. This could easily be fixed if they lowered your max job level to about 30 instead of 99. It seemed more like pointless padding.

BTW, who were the faggots that made Silent Hill 2&3 HD?

they also allegedly did all that deliberately to screw over Guy Cihi the original VA of James Sunderland out of Royalties they would have otherwise legally owed him. Some fanboy's blamed the shitty remaster on Guy Cihi.

The guy who is behind most of the non-team silent silent hill games.

Being reminded of that port makes me visibly upset. To see one of my favorite games reduced to that trash…

Imagine if this was your first experience with that game.

Final Fantasy VI

Tomm Hulett and Hijinx Studios

not just fanboys, Troy Baker and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn also blamed him for the troubles behind the HD collection

That job level shit was beyond retarded. It essentially made ever job that wasn't a multi-hit one a pain in the ass to level.

holly shit fix the audio levels on that webm it almost distorted my speakers.

I haven't even played a single Silent Hill game and I absolutely hate this man. Faggots like him ruin anything and everything.

These voice actors were so bad seriously

Like Troy Baker does not fit as James. He sounds to grizzled and badass like he's trying to voice a marine. The original VO was way better and sounded more like a passive depressed man which is how the character is supposed to sound

They tried to make the script sound like the characters were more "into it" which completely misses the point that the characters in the game are aimlessly wandering. The game was even mocapped iirc by the voice actors so it's disappointing that these guys would disrespect them so much.

Why is it that bad?

I thought Majoras Mask was a bizarre game that felt "off" when compared to other Zeldas when I was a kid, and then again when I went back as an adult. MM3DS fixed a lot of the weird visuals that were part of the problem. The original art team was smoking some wild shit or something.

As if we needed any more proof that Steam is for fucking 12 year-olds.

But what about the games you can only get on steam?

that's because according to a Jewtube video the original Team Silent based James on Guy Cihi. They even used him for the motion capture.

This is so wrong

Arena was a Ultima Underworld Clone. Might and Magic wasn't even the first, first person dungeon crawler.

UU pioneered most of the concepts that TES still has today. Even small stuff like how music would change dynamically depending on where you were and if you were fighting a particular enemy or not.

That's unsurprising since I do know his Daughter was used for Laura

Piracy.

What about supporting companies you like and multiplayer games?

You
>>>/scurv/

Foolish fools!

The art style is atrocious. The UI is pretty bad. And they charged 15 fucking dollars for a game that is inferior in every way to the original that came out over 20 years ago. What's worse, that is the version that is on STEAM. Steam is gay, yes, but that means this is what they consider their modern "remake" of the game. Compare this to 3 or 4 (which are less popular than 6 by the way) which got full 3D remakes. Granted, the remake of 3 leaves a lot to be desired, but there was EFFORT. They didn't even TRY with what's probably the 2nd most popular game in the whole series.

I just downloaded it off youtube so I have no idea how to fix it

he's also incredibly thin-skinned, he got so butthurt at Twin Perfect's negative reviews of his games that he wrote them into SH's canon as payback

youtube.com/watch?v=JvosJsZOqFo&t=1h7m50s

McGlynn's VO for Mary/Maria was even worse, her performance completely ruins the character(s)

OoT and Majora's Mask looked like fucking shit, even back then.

Why is a company you like releasing exclusively to Steam?

4 is actually more popular in Japan as well as being the first many of the current seniors at the company worked on. That's why it gets so much favoritism.

I don't know if it's just me, but I really enjoyed playing through FF3, the class system was alot of fun, although it was undeniably a crazy grindfest I still managed to beat it and the optional dungeons at the end. The bosses early on were very tough but I still beat them (especially that cunt of a bird on the mountain). But then again I am highly autistic when it comes to FF and would gladly do it all again.

You say that like there are other platforms.

The full price hit me fucking hard.

I still question why I ever bothered trying to finish that game. FF4DS was nearly as bad too. SE didn't even bother with FF5 and 6 though. And maybe that's a good thing.

That bizarre and dark atmosphere is what really made it stand out and stay with you for a long time. It was odd enough to make you question it but still presented in a way you could still have a understanding what's going on. All that lighting got rid of the sinister atmosphere. Or like when you fight the fish boss. In the original, you look down into the water and you couldn't see much. It's was spooky as hell when I was a kid. Why the hell would I willingly jump in the water with that huge shark thing swimming around?

I don't think all the changes are bad but making everything so bright, giving bosses massive eyeballs that says "Hey this is a Majora reference and my weakpoint!" was a little obnoxious.

Something about remaking music on the GBA never works out. Mario Advanced games had this same problem. It's not like the GBA can't make good sounds either.

The classes weren't bad but the system around it was horrible. Promoting you to almost never change classes unless needed. It was a horrible grind at times and some classes weren't as useful due to lack of enemies. I really liked the geomancer class though. Maybe the NES version is way better but I can't say whether it is or not since I haven't played it.

The remaster on the 3ds was fuckin great except the moon. The moon has the same look on his face as Shrek taking a FAT OGRE SHIT

Fuck off already.

Ratchet: Deadlocked Remastered
I'll never understand how they managed to fuck up the cutscenes this badly.

The worst part of the 4 remake was the input lag.

What is Gog?

I thought 5 was the favorite in Japan. I mean don't get me wrong, 4 is good, but why 3 instead of 6 at the very least? All I'm saying is that 6 deserves better treatment.

Try FFV. It takes the job system and makes it a lot better so that abilities can carry over between classes. You can make your white mage punch like a monk or let your physical classes still be able to cast white magic. It's much more fleshed out. Also ALL of your stats shuffle when changing classes, including HP, so you don't have to worry about your white mage being so frail all of the time.

Auditioned, she wasn't actually cast as Laura.

That particular thumbnail is a nice reminder that Mary Elizabeth McGlynn played the voice of the succubus in DMC3, a much more appropriate role for her whorish voice.

A platform hardly anyone uses?

So would you eat McDonalds because hardly anyone buys Five Guys burgers?

There was also that bizarre skill giving system where giving a character a certain skill early on meant you got another one later. I think that's how it worked but I can't really remember.

Yeah I played FFV. It did things much better in that part. Though I've never actually beaten the game.

I would if Mcdonalds had the burger I wanted and Five Guys didn't.

I get what you mean, but my main gripe is with the colors and designs themselves, rather than the creative liberties they took (I don't mind the legos or mineshafts).

There's just something off about the colors and design compared to any other entry in the Mario Series. Super Mario World had moving backgrounds and shit, and yet those were fine. But a lot of the backgrounds here have all this shading and so much going on in them that they can be distracting to the eye. Another example is that I don't like what they changed the block color to. They were tan in the original, but they are this unsightly yellow in the remake. Actually, most colors seem to be more or less of poor choice in the remakes.

This all coming from someone that thought the Majora's Mask remake was fine.

Not gonna lie I haven't played alot of ff5 but from what i have played the class system is fucking mint, just wish they'd make a proper remake for it.

It seems I found the faggot who sympathies with my characterization. You wouldn't happen to be this fellow?

its just very cluttered and ugly.
allstar fags think more detail = more better

Fuck no, judging by your tendency to spend what free time you have trying to piss people off over the Internet with none of the responses you expect you are more likely to be that sad sorry sack of shit as shown. Use the time you use to express your autism to instead suck a trap off.

I want to play the games that the promotional renders promised us.

Because it's a fucking shitty remake of Metroid Fusion. They basically lifted the entire story and setting from the game.

GBA had no dedicated sound hardware, so all sounds had to be taken away from the main CPU. A lot of devs used low quality sound to compensate. Best GBA music was in games or areas that were CPU light.

What made it worse than the original X/X-2?

Huh?

Not really worse, just nothing had really changed. The international version for FFX was the same as the remastered (which was released in australia) so playing through the remastered version was basically playing through the same game but with slightly updated textures. Same goes for FFX-2 Same game just a couple more dresspheres.

just felt like i bought the same games i already owned and played but on ps3 instead of ps2

If you live in a place that saw the updated release already, then of course it's going to feel more or less the same. For places that didn't see a release of it (and/or people that didn't feel like pirating it), it's going to feel like an extended port.

And "HD Remasters" don't exactly count as remakes anyhow. More like a higher-res port, really. Contrast with actual graphical and/or gameplay remakes like Pokemon FRLG/HGSS, Metroid: Zero Mission, Resident Evil Remake, Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir, etc.

Well, the new music certainly sucked compared to the original, but you could just use the original, anyway, so it's hardly a mark against it.

You know what was never good?
Your garbage posts

I can hop IP's to if I really wanted too. You Simpsons posters form Tel aviv are truly sad sacks of Hillary supporting shit. Please contribute to the thread. Rule 8 kiddo, stay on topic.

Y'all motherfuckers forget the Splatterhouse remake?

It's the Final Fantasy VI remake.

Tbh if they gave an update that would let me use the mini joystick on the 3ds for camera control I could play it. I cant deal wuth the camera as is.

I got suckered into the Megaman 2 one as well, but actually the Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana 2, Finaly Fantasy Tactics, FFIV and Romancing Saga 2 ports were pretty good. Well, I guess, besides Tactics, they were all the Japanese versions so maybe their is a difference, because the FFIV one I had look just like the original game with a different battle UI

>OP request horrible remakes
>thread is mostly horrible remasters
ONE JOB Holla Forums
Anyway, I nominate the Ratchet & Clank remake.

Summer truly is the worst season of the year.

Yeah Skyrim sucks ass but how is this any worse then the original?

The original floor looks like they quickly blocked something in and forgot to replace the dev textures. It's a better fit for Mario 64 than Majora.

You still haven't named a good company that uses exclusively Steam.

graphics still havent reached that level

why would any company limit themselves to 1 store if they want to make money? that's retarded

That's a reboot, not a remake.

To get paid more by the service you're using for being exclusive probably. In any case read the comment chain.

A reboot is a completely new restart whereas a remake is making something again but slightly different.

The only reason autists logged all those hours in ESV was to engage in foreveralone.jpg play, endlessly rearranged their stolen book collections and staring at how wonderfully an ENB made their pile of loot jewels shine.

Mocapped? Hell James is fucking modeled after Guy Cihi for fuck's sake.

Taj sounds retarded
Shitty touchscreen gimmicks and no analog
No Conker or Banjo
Graphics are worse

It still uses the same basic plot and most of the same settings as the original game, thus it's technically a remake.

JUST

look, I'm not gonna defend how glitchy the main game was at times, but the banter between rick and the mask was fucking perfect.

I'd say it's more a case of the "expected" game for close followers not being as good as it could have been, rather than the remake being shitty.

Video game remakes basically work the opposite to how movie remakes work. Usually a movie remake is more different, and shot for shot remakes are seen as rare and pointless. Video game remakes are almost always shot for shot remakes, where the gameplay is practically the exact same, down to level design and physics. Ratchet & Clank tried to actually be a remake that was actually different. I appreciate its effort, it did improve things like the weapon upgrades, but removing a bunch of levels from the end of the game was shit, because the replacement levels weren't nearly as good as the originals.

I would say Ratchet isn't the same as something like Mario All-Stars or Crash N. Sane Trilogy. With those if you're playing the whole series, you might as well skip either the original or the remake, no point in playing both. The newest Ratchet is definitely not the same game as the original, and should be played like another sequel. Playing the original doesn't make the remake redundant or the other way around.

Tiger was molested by the badger wasn't he

lighting has gotten better than that though.

Never trust any ratings and reviews on these types of websites.

Hero! Hero!

not even close. even modern games arent caught up

what the fuck are you taking about? Deus ex is a shitty game, I am not "le trolling". The only people that like that game are liberals in the late 40 and often morbidly obese. But nice wall of green text kid.
and you are calling other people retarded?
just a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian, it not thinking for yourself son.
(pic's related)

I don't even want it better. I want that look exactly.

Well to bad because its not going to happen.

Literally nothing you post makes sense. Go back to your dragon dildo filled sex dungeon, my brain cell and chromosome deprived friend.

How DOES a dragon dildo feel when inserted, anyways? ha ha

Fuck you and you shitty ass glorified tech demo for the n(igerian)64, DS was superior in too aspects and it was also a fun timekiller. Next time play a Mario game without the modified filter.

You hate it, because you cannot exploit it like the tremendous asspie you are.

Third picture aren't even real redesigns just fanart.

Surprised no one mentioned this…

It feels goodman

Don't bother he obviously just wants the (You)'s.

Mario 64 remake is pretty good, but I agree those are some awful redesigns. I didn't like them then and I like them even less now.

how did you even find this website kid?

user you could have at least posted a webm.

I wanna see you using them

Berserk

No one said they were sewers. Don't get me wrong, I can see how you'd make that assumption, but they've consistently made the underground levels caves since they've had better graphics available.

Here's the original pitch, c. 2008~09
Taxman posted that for about a day while Sega had a (now deleted) blog post asking what they should port to mobile next. All the comments afterward asked for that.
Video went down, there was radio silence for a year or two, and then the CD got shoehorned into Sonic 4.

Fun fact: Once upon a time, the Retro Engine compiled to Dreamcast.
youtu.be/AwVhHWnKAmE

No your wrong cause the sonic 2 ios port added hidden palace zone as a secret zone where the death pit is in mystic cave 2

I'd rather just pretend it doesn't exist.

That complex realtime lighting makes me fucking angry. How much computing power is wasted on something that does nothing for the game?

That's a pretty huge fail for a racing game.

Here, have an analysis comparing New n Tasty to the original

If you haven't heard about this game then this video is the best analysis of this piece of shit compared to the original.

It looks like an upscaled and lightly filtered sprite from the original SNES version. There's only so much curviness you can put in a three pixel wide boob, user.

I don't think they specifically did it to screw him over. That was a side benefit.

Looking at all of the evidence, it's kind of suggests that Tom Hulett was going to REMAKE both games to fit his vision of Silent Hill. That's why they hired new actors and went with the incomplete source code. He was going to "fix" the old Silent Hill games.

I assume Konami saw the budget for this and shut it down, leading to the HD collection we have today.

Taxman doesn't really count, because that level of autism is damn near impossible to find anymore.
Tis why that motherfucker is helping out with Mania too. And frankly, one good port does not outweigh the thousands of shit ones. Ever try playing RE4 on a smartphone? GTA?

Yeah but the cover even says HD Remaster, these are never actual remasters only HD re-releases.

Crash Team Racing is the best racing game of all time, and I've gotten all Platinum Relics and beaten all of Oxide's ghosts using the d-pad. Analog stick is for plebs.