Virtual Battle Space

Is Virtual Battle Space better and more realistic than ARMA?

Other urls found in this thread:

armed-assault.de/downloads/vbs2-jcove-lite.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's more shilled than ARMA

VBS3

But is it worth getting for personal use?

I fuckin hope it is
are you retarded?

i thought us silly civvies werent allowed to own vbs

What the point then? Not like army even likes those simulators. They have their own developed software if you didn't know.

It looks pretty cool, I hope the AI is above basic intelligence.

According to Wikipedia it was developed for (with cooperation) the US & AUS military. So it is probably more realistic whereas ARMA is more casualized more consumers.

Wait for TitanIM If it will ever get released
Uses a much better engine.

even operation flashpoint was better

Honestly even infantry AI was better in Operation Flashpoint than in any arma game. Just by quickly loading mission "steal a car" against any infantry mission in ARMA games on super AI shows the huge difference.

Operation Flashpoint AI was indeed a lot better actually, the devs managed to fuck it up by ARMA 2.

Depends which Army. I know Australia uses it.

This was developed by an Australia dev, so maybe it isn't as bad as the Arma games

Not for your purposes, not at all. While the current versions have an absolute shit ton of models it doesnt come with any premade user material. As in, there is nothing for you to play. VBS3 is far more useful than ARMA because federates with other simulators and other products the BIS produce such as VBS3Fires. So unless you want autismal stat tracking, you have a license for Terratools and want to run a map the size of a small country or you want the realtime 3D rendering of a 2D rts that you cant buy. Dont bother.

Source: I work with VBS3 and JCATS creating scenarios.

Operation Flashpoint does not have better AI than VBS3. Pathfinding through buildings especially.

The ADF uses JCATS far more often.

Fair enough. My info is 6-7 years old now.

Said fucking nobody ever. Did you even bother to actually read the posts user or do you enjoy slurping dicks that much?

are you retarded?

hes right when it comes to ai and buildings thats about it though

Are you retarded? Anons were talking about ARMA not VBS, which is a complete different kettle of fish.

So? It doesn't mean that AI in Flashpoint wasn't better than ARMA AI.

Finally a good game on Holla Forums.

AI in ARMA and VBS had an extremely hard time creating pathing in and around buildings. The bounding box for the building object as a whole, while not visable, appears to the AI as an impenetrable wall which is a real fucking problem in towns/villages. If you wanted a group to walk down a street and maintain formation you actually had to disable ai pathing so they would only follow the direct line from waypoint to waypoint and not attempt to walk around anything.
This was significantly improved in VBS3.

but ai in flashpoint was better than arma ai?
are ==you== retarded?

YOU

Yes and? Nobody was disputing that, you said that anons were saying that Flashpoint had better AI than VBS3 which nobody said at all.

Considering you can't even redtext properly I highly doubt you've even compared Operation Flashpoint's AI to ARMA's. Play the game from 2001 and compare it to ARMA 2, hell the vehicle crew AI alone is infinitely better since you don't have to babysit them and they can actually drive down roads without crashing. The only way you can even think Flashpoint's AI isn't better than ARMA's is if you are a complete underage fag and don't know about Cold War Crisis and instead think the only Flashpoint games are Failure Rising and Nigger Dragon.

Wait and pray that TitanIM A) launches and B) releases a game version. Infinitely better engine, VBS/Arma will always be the laggy buggy shit it is now unless BIS burns the current engine to the ground (which they've had since OFP) and starts over.

where?

I made a statement of fact. Operation Flashpoint does not have better AI than VBS3. I did not claim you said anything. In fact i went on to describe faults with ARMAs ai pathing.

GREETINGS BATTLE BROTHERS I AM NEW. HOLDS UP BOLTER MY NAME IS SERGEANT ARGUS BUT YOU CAN CALL ME BATTLE BROTHER. AS YOU CAN SEE I AM VERY LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR. THAT IS WHY I HAVE COME HERE, TO MEET OTHER BATTLE BROTHERS WHO ARE LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR LIKE MYSELF. I AM 127 YEARS OF AGE ( PRAISE THE EMPEROR) I LIKE TO PURGE HERETICS AND XENO SCUM WITH MY BATTLE BROTHERS ( I LOVE MY BATTLE BROTHERS, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THAT THEN DEAL WITH IT) IT IS OUR FAVORITE ACTIVITY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR. ALL MY BATTLE BROTHERS ARE LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR TOO OF COURSE, BUT I WANT TO MEET MORE LOYAL SERVANTS OF THE EMPEROR. LIKE THE EMPEROR ONCE SAID, THE MORE THE MERRIER. I HOPE TO BOND WITH A LARGE AMOUNT OF LOYAL SERVANTS OF THE EMPEROR SO JOIN ME IN PRAISE OF THE EMPEROR. FAREWELL.

FOR THE EMPEROR!!!!!!!!! ←- ME PRAISING THE EMPEROR FAREWELL BROTHERS!!

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

BATTLE BROTHER -

*holds up spork* invader zim doooom etc.

Arma competition FUCKING WHEN?

Is that ever going to come out? Arma really needs some fucking competition or else it'll stay as shitty as it is.

Whatever they do with Titan vanguard i just hope they make it easier to import models than it is for vbs. Fuck Oxygen2. Worst 3D modeling program.

I used to work in military simulations and used VBS2 every week for years, I've never played Arma though, so I can't actually compare, I think they are for the most part the same but we were able to request features to be added to VBS from Bohemia, but many of these features were probably implemented in their commercial titles eventually.

Literally never, Bohemia make a shit load of money just from their Military contracts, and their Arma games are built on the same technology that their contracts pay for, their games are practically government subsidised.

Let's hope so.

Upsetting.

Well BIS did announce VBS Blue just a bit after TitanIM made the splash, so they're probably feeling a little threatened.

I just want some of them to finally come out.

VBS2 Lite for the Brits was released for free a long time ago, it was meh.
armed-assault.de/downloads/vbs2-jcove-lite.html